PDA

View Full Version : Report that the Chiefs have it narrowed down to three for top pic

Miller
04-03-2013, 11:54 AM
http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=847026-chiefs---looking-at-only-three-for-top-pick

The Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs) are looking at only three players for the top overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft (http://www.kffl.com/link/159) - Central Michigan OT Eric Fisher (http://www.kffl.com/player/27674/nfl/eric-fisher), Texas A&M OT Luke Joeckel (http://www.kffl.com/player/27582/nfl/luke-joeckel) and Oregon DE Dion Jordan (http://www.kffl.com/player/27759/nfl/dion-jordan), according to sources.

texaschief
04-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Those would be my targets. No one else deserves consideration.

Seek
04-03-2013, 12:43 PM
I am not sure why the Chiefs would release this unless trade effort for Geno Smith are exhausted and with the Raider trading for Flynn the possible demand to move up to 1st to get Geno decreased dramatically.

Seek
04-03-2013, 01:03 PM
So where would Dion Jordan play. He sounds like a Tamb Hali clone. Are we trading Tamba if we get him. Are they moving Houston to ILB.

Miller
04-03-2013, 01:15 PM
I am not sure why the Chiefs would release this unless trade effort for Geno Smith are exhausted and with the Raider trading for Flynn the possible demand to move up to 1st to get Geno decreased dramatically.

I think that Geno Smith exhausted his own stock. The scouting reports have not been good.

Not a student of the game. Nonchalant field presence - does not command respect from teammates and cannot inspire. Mild practice demeanor - no urgency. Not committed or focused - marginal work ethic. Interviewed poorly at the Combine and did not show an understanding of concepts on the white board. Opted not to compete at the Senior Bowl and has approached offseason training as if he has already arrived and it shows in his body with minimal muscle definition or strength. Has small hands and glaring ball security issues (32 career fumbles). Really struggled handling the snow in Pinstripe Bowl (took two safeties) and will be troubled by the elements. Needed to be coddled in college - cannot handle hard coaching.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013/4/3/4178418/geno-smith-scouting-report-from-pfw-is-scathing

Lord-Chiefy
04-03-2013, 02:01 PM
I still say draft smith and trade him. Seems like every frikin year we want to trade down the guys right veliw US gets the trades. I say it's worth a shot.

Miller
04-03-2013, 02:04 PM
I still say draft smith and trade him. Seems like every frikin year we want to trade down the guys right veliw US gets the trades. I say it's worth a shot.

I do not want to draft a QB at the sake of just drafting a QB. The number one over QB is NOT in this draft.

Ryfo18
04-03-2013, 02:21 PM
So where would Dion Jordan play. He sounds like a Tamb Hali clone. Are we trading Tamba if we get him. Are they moving Houston to ILB.

I think we could see Hali lineup everywhere, or get traded/cut. I just remember this conversation (https://twitter.com/TambaHali91/status/306849459998969858) on Twitter between he and Osi Umenyiora when he said "I can rush anywhere."

If they got Jordan, it'd be a good problem to have.

jason1981
04-03-2013, 02:30 PM
I hope DT star is being considered as well.hes considered the best 3-4 end. I really think he will be something special.

jason1981
04-03-2013, 02:31 PM
De jordan would be a waisted pick sense we already have hali and houston. We need more help else where.

jason1981
04-03-2013, 03:33 PM
I hope DT star is being considered as well.hes considered the best 3-4 end. I really think he will be something special.

texaschief
04-03-2013, 05:05 PM
If the Chiefs are looking for a pass-rush up the middle, moving Hali to DE would be logical if they drafted Jordan. Hali measures almost identically to Osi. Osi is a bit quicker, but Hali is about 25lbs heavier. I think moving Hali to DE would suit him well. If you're drafting Jordan, you're doing it because he can basically play anywhere on the field. The guy is an athletic freak. You can put him on the pass-catching TE's in the league and not have to think twice about it. If you've got Hali still rushing the QB, you don't lose much by way of pass rush. I think Jordan would be a great pick primarily BECAUSE we have Hali and Houston. However, I DO think OT is a bigger need. But if you're trying to build a dominating defense, having Jordan, Hali, and Houston as your 3-down pass-rushers with Poe up the middle would go a long way.

Chiefster
04-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Would like to see us get Joeckel

jason1981
04-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Texaschiefs you may have changed my mind. When you put it that way with outti.gbhali at end it does make sense and sounds really good. But still hope they consider star.

jap1
04-04-2013, 01:34 AM
If the Chiefs are looking for a pass-rush up the middle, moving Hali to DE would be logical if they drafted Jordan. Hali measures almost identically to Osi. Osi is a bit quicker, but Hali is about 25lbs heavier. I think moving Hali to DE would suit him well. If you're drafting Jordan, you're doing it because he can basically play anywhere on the field. The guy is an athletic freak. You can put him on the pass-catching TE's in the league and not have to think twice about it. If you've got Hali still rushing the QB, you don't lose much by way of pass rush. I think Jordan would be a great pick primarily BECAUSE we have Hali and Houston. However, I DO think OT is a bigger need. But if you're trying to build a dominating defense, having Jordan, Hali, and Houston as your 3-down pass-rushers with Poe up the middle would go a long way.

I think this will be great for our pass rush. My concern with this is the run defense. I am not sure how Tamba would stand up against a strong run team.

brdempsey69
04-04-2013, 01:48 AM
I suspect Jordan is being used as bait for a trade with Philly as Jordan's HC at Oregon was none other than the Eagles new HC, Chip Kelly.

texaschief
04-04-2013, 03:01 AM
I think this will be great for our pass rush. My concern with this is the run defense. I am not sure how Tamba would stand up against a strong run team.

From everything I've heard, the Chiefs are trying to address the inside pass rush. What better way to do that than putting one of the best pass rushers in the league on that line while replacing him at OLB with a guy like Jordan? If Osi can play 3-4 DE at 265, why couldn't Tamba at 275? Until Hali proves he can't play that position, I don't think we should assume that he can't just because he's a good 3-4 OLB. He has done a good job as a 4-3 DE of setting the edge against OT's, so there's no reason to think he can't hold his ground against the run. But again, the Chiefs are trying to improve the inside rush while allowing their LB's to make plays. If they upgrade at ILB in the draft, this defense could be a top 3 unit with Hali at DE.

Justin5772002
04-04-2013, 04:13 AM
With Albert on bad terms I think we have no choice but to get OL help. If its just a smokescreen and the regime feel they have that situation under control then we can go elsewhere with our pick. Remember our defense last season was great. We need to solidify our offense first cause I think we can make playoffs with the current defense without help, but the offense without Albert or one of the top prospects in this draft, were not going far

Seek
04-04-2013, 07:53 AM
De jordan would be a waisted pick sense we already have hali and houston. We need more help else where.

Unless the Chiefs move to a 4-3. They could move Tamba back to DE, and put Jordan at the other end. Keep Houston as an OLB...

Miller
04-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Would like to see us get Joeckel

I agree, Lets face it. He is the only one that is deserving of a #1 pick this year.

Seek
04-04-2013, 12:43 PM
So why do people want Joeckel over Fisher. Attached is an article that does not make me feel to excited about either but who says the author knows what he is saying.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/pick-poison-luke-joeckel-vs-173024628--nfl.html

doobs_05
04-04-2013, 12:46 PM
I think that Geno Smith exhausted his own stock. The scouting reports have not been good.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013/4/3/4178418/geno-smith-scouting-report-from-pfw-is-scathing

Isn't that the same guy that gave bad reviews about Cam Newton and RGIII..............

Miller
04-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Isn't that the same guy that gave bad reviews about Cam Newton and RGIII..............

I am unsure about that. I never heard anything bad about RGIII. But I did hear some of the same things about Cam Newton. Difference is that Cam Newton's intangibles are just greater than Geno's.

jap1
04-04-2013, 04:01 PM
From everything I've heard, the Chiefs are trying to address the inside pass rush. What better way to do that than putting one of the best pass rushers in the league on that line while replacing him at OLB with a guy like Jordan? If Osi can play 3-4 DE at 265, why couldn't Tamba at 275? Until Hali proves he can't play that position, I don't think we should assume that he can't just because he's a good 3-4 OLB. He has done a good job as a 4-3 DE of setting the edge against OT's, so there's no reason to think he can't hold his ground against the run. But again, the Chiefs are trying to improve the inside rush while allowing their LB's to make plays. If they upgrade at ILB in the draft, this defense could be a top 3 unit with Hali at DE.

I wouldnt say I am assuming he cannot, just that I have my reservations. I thought he wasnt that great as a 4-3DE against the run. He had a good motor and was great at preventing the cut back, but I remember him being vulnerable when offenses would try to run directly at him. Then again, that was like 5 years ago. Like I said, I dont hate the idea, just have reservations.

Chiefster
04-05-2013, 06:09 AM
I agree, Lets face it. He is the only one that is deserving of a #1 pick this year.

I think he would definitely be an immediate replacement for Albert, should we dole him off.

Miller
04-05-2013, 09:46 AM
I think he would definitely be an immediate replacement for Albert, should we dole him off.

Albert, as good as he is, right now is disgruntled. Replacing him is this teams number on priority. We have to protect the QB (love him or hate him) that we have.