PDA

View Full Version : How LITTLE would you take to trade down?

jap1
04-09-2013, 10:47 PM
So, it is not a secret that the Chiefs are strongly considering moving down in the draft and that we are interested in Joeckel and Fisher.

In the top 4 only us and Philly need an OT, which means we could drop as low as 4 and still get either Joeckel or Fisher.

Would you be willing to only swap 1sts and get someone's 2nd round pick to move down a couple spots? Or would you want something that would match up the point values.

I would tak the 2nd if that's all I could get. My logic is if you can move down and still get your man, why not get something out of it. Say Jax wants Geno, and wants to keep us from trading with others. We move down one spot (with everyone still on the board), and get the top pick in the 2nd round. Why NOT make that move (especially if its the only offer)? Am I crazy to think this way?

brdempsey69
04-09-2013, 11:16 PM
No, not at all. But, the question is, why would the Jags even move, when they probably believe nobody else wants to trade up to #1 for Geno? Barring, of course, the Jets-Jags Revis trade and them offering both the #9 and #13 picks to move up to #1, but even if the Revis trade goes through, there's no certainty that Jets would want to trade up for Geno Smith or the Chiefs wanting to trade down that far.

With all the possible scenarios, until proven wrong, I believe the Chiefs are stuck at #1.

jap1
04-10-2013, 01:51 AM
No, not at all. But, the question is, why would the Jags even move, when they probably believe nobody else wants to trade up to #1 for Geno? Barring, of course, the Jets-Jags Revis trade and them offering both the #9 and #13 picks to move up to #1, but even if the Revis trade goes through, there's no certainty that Jets would want to trade up for Geno Smith or the Chiefs wanting to trade down that far.

With all the possible scenarios, until proven wrong, I believe the Chiefs are stuck at #1.

Back to the main point, though. Disregarding the likelihood of anyone wanting to trade with us, what is the minimum offer you would take?

texaschief
04-10-2013, 02:17 AM
So, it is not a secret that the Chiefs are strongly considering moving down in the draft and that we are interested in Joeckel and Fisher.

In the top 4 only us and Philly need an OT, which means we could drop as low as 4 and still get either Joeckel or Fisher.

Would you be willing to only swap 1sts and get someone's 2nd round pick to move down a couple spots? Or would you want something that would match up the point values.

I would tak the 2nd if that's all I could get. My logic is if you can move down and still get your man, why not get something out of it. Say Jax wants Geno, and wants to keep us from trading with others. We move down one spot (with everyone still on the board), and get the top pick in the 2nd round. Why NOT make that move (especially if its the only offer)? Am I crazy to think this way?

Philly's LT is probably the best in the league.

brdempsey69
04-10-2013, 02:17 AM
Back to the main point, though. Disregarding the likelihood of anyone wanting to trade with us, what is the minimum offer you would take?

OK, I get it. If it's any of the other top 5 teams with the exception of the Raiders -- 2nd rounder or a pair of 3rds or no deal.

Philly's LT is probably the best in the league.

Assuming Peters can come back healthy.

texaschief
04-10-2013, 03:09 AM
Assuming no current NFL players are in the deal, I wouldn't take less than a 200 pt. hit... and that's REALLY stretching it. I'd be hesitant to take a 100 pt. hit. If I'm giving up "the best player in the draft", I shouldn't be the one conceding points in the first place. But if the Jets only offered us #s 9 and 13 with nothing else included, I'd have a tough time walking from the table. A pair of top 13 picks in this deeply talented draft is something this team should not pass up.

brdempsey69
04-10-2013, 04:04 AM
Assuming no current NFL players are in the deal, I wouldn't take less than a 200 pt. hit... and that's REALLY stretching it. I'd be hesitant to take a 100 pt. hit. If I'm giving up "the best player in the draft", I shouldn't be the one conceding points in the first place. But if the Jets only offered us #s 9 and 13 with nothing else included, I'd have a tough time walking from the table. A pair of top 13 picks in this deeply talented draft is something this team should not pass up.

Hmmmm..............Star and Warmack with those two picks with Jeff Allen moving back out to Tackle.............fascinating thought.

Lord-Chiefy
04-10-2013, 09:55 AM
I'd take a 2&3 would not swap with rraiders.

Coach
04-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Depends on how far back we traded, but if we could stay in the top 5-6 picks and pick up an early 2nd rd pick, I'd be thrilled with that.

MissingTBone
04-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Trade with Miami so they can get either Joekel or Fisher. So swap picks, plus their earlieat second round pick, and a second, or third next season.

texaschief
04-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Trade with Miami so they can get either Joekel or Fisher. So swap picks, plus their earlieat second round pick, and a second, or third next season.

Giving up WAY too much value. Trade Albert for their first 2nd round pick and both camps are happy.

brdempsey69
04-12-2013, 11:51 PM
Giving up WAY too much value. Trade Albert for their first 2nd round pick and both camps are happy.

Much more likely than this scenario here posted on Walterfootball.com:

April 12: "The Dolphins have Luke Joeckel and Eric Fisher rated considerably higher than Lane Johnson. As such, the Dolphins don't appear to be all that interested in trading up for Johnson as has been speculated around the league in recent days, but are very keen to move up for either Joeckel or Fisher. In fact, according to sources the Dolphins won't rule out trading all the way up to the #1 pick to get one of those guys if that’s what it takes." - GBN Report

The Dolphins would have to give up 3 or 4 picks to move up to #1, which if I had to guess would be #12 and both their 2nd rounders at a minimum.

Speculation, but let's say for the moment Joeckel or Fisher falls to #3 where the Raiders are sitting, then I could easily see the Dolphins trading a 2nd rounder to the Raiders ( Oak doesn't have a 2nd round pick ) to move up to #3 to take one of those Tackles. But, in doing so, they probably miss out on the chance to get one of those top 2 or 3 CB's and they do need one. This is going to be interesting.

texaschief
04-13-2013, 04:25 AM
Much more likely than this scenario here posted on Walterfootball.com:

The Dolphins would have to give up 3 or 4 picks to move up to #1, which if I had to guess would be #12 and both their 2nd rounders at a minimum.

Speculation, but let's say for the moment Joeckel or Fisher falls to #3 where the Raiders are sitting, then I could easily see the Dolphins trading a 2nd rounder to the Raiders ( Oak doesn't have a 2nd round pick ) to move up to #3 to take one of those Tackles. But, in doing so, they probably miss out on the chance to get one of those top 2 or 3 CB's and they do need one. This is going to be interesting.

They'd need to throw in '14 1st as well as their top 3 picks this season to pull that off. I'd do that trade.

Justin5772002
04-13-2013, 10:02 AM
So essentially we r stuck with disgruntled Albert and #1 pick

Lord-Chiefy
04-13-2013, 10:20 AM
^^^^^^ yup....draft smith and trade him!!!!!!!!

matthewschiefs
04-14-2013, 06:40 PM
In this draft being sorta lackluster I would swap first rounders and take what we gave up to get Alex Smith I wouldn't be to upset with that

brdempsey69
04-14-2013, 11:18 PM
In this draft being sorta lackluster I would swap first rounders and take what we gave up to get Alex Smith I wouldn't be to upset with that

That's as may be. But, I wouldn't bat an eye if this 2013 draft class ends up having a bigger impact long-term on the Chiefs team than all of Pioli's previous 4 drafts combined.

jason1981
04-16-2013, 04:02 PM
I dont mind trading down but only at the right price. This draft may not be top heavy but we can get an impact player at #1 cuz theirs alteast kne star in this draft. I dont want to trade down just to trade down and lose out on a sure pick. Miami would need to give us this years 1st and top 2nd and nexts years 1st. Or this years and next years 1st eound and this years top 2 rd and maybe a late round pick to trade to the first pick.

brdempsey69
04-16-2013, 05:11 PM
I dont mind trading down but only at the right price. This draft may not be top heavy but we can get an impact player at #1 cuz theirs alteast kne star in this draft. I dont want to trade down just to trade down and lose out on a sure pick. Miami would need to give us this years 1st and top 2nd and nexts years 1st. Or this years and next years 1st eound and this years top 2 rd and maybe a late round pick to trade to the first pick.

Sorry man, but Jeff Ireland has said:

“I've got enough ammunition to get to the first pick if I wanted to, but I don't see myself doing that, personally,” Ireland said, in the Palm Beach Post.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22065215/jeff-ireland-miami-has-enough-ammunition-to-trade-up-to-no-1

Sure I'd love for the Chiefs to trade down and get extra picks, but Branden Albert's pig-headed stance has put the Chiefs in a position to where they'd be better served to stay put at #1 and just take either Joeckel or Fisher. Besides, the Chiefs are somewhere around 3 million under the cap & you can bet that Albert is wearing the bullseye, as far as shedding cap space goes, and a draft-day trade regarding Albert is highly likely.

Justin5772002
04-18-2013, 04:31 AM
What if this regimes plans have been to drum up interest in the 2 tackles so we can trade down? We don't really need a Lt we have Albert and maybe he's just playing the game to help the chiefs also. Only one more week till we all find out!!!

brdempsey69
04-18-2013, 11:08 PM
What if this regimes plans have been to drum up interest in the 2 tackles so we can trade down? We don't really need a Lt we have Albert and maybe he's just playing the game to help the chiefs also. Only one more week till we all find out!!!

Fat chance. If that were the case, they'd have already handed Albert a long-term contract before they started signing FA's. But they didn't, because they know he's not a top 10 LT, and yet, wants top 5 LT money.

Ryfo18
04-19-2013, 05:46 PM
I'd trade down to 4 with Philly just to get their 2nd and another later round pick. One of Fisher, Joeckel, or Dion Jordan will be available, assuming they take Geno.

That said, nobody seems willing to move up.

texaschief
04-19-2013, 07:16 PM
I'd trade down to 4 with Philly just to get their 2nd and another later round pick. One of Fisher, Joeckel, or Dion Jordan will be available, assuming they take Geno.

That said, nobody seems willing to move up.

Crazy, right? You'd think with so many QB-needy teams in the top 10, ONE of them would realize how AMAZING Geno Smith is...

jap1
04-21-2013, 05:38 PM
So, the jets-bucs trade for Revis went through. I wonder if the Jets will be interested in moving up with us now that they have 2 1st round picks.

brdempsey69
04-21-2013, 05:54 PM
So, the jets-bucs trade for Revis went through. I wonder if the Jets will be interested in moving up with us now that they have 2 1st round picks.

Until proven wrong, I don't believe they will. I don't think they will be willing to trade both of those picks to go up to #1 to take Geno Smith. They more than likely might trade down with one of them.

Besides, if the Chiefs are able to trade Albert for a 2nd or 3rd round pick, I believe they'd be better served to just stay at #1 and take Joeckel or Fisher.

jap1
04-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Until proven wrong, I don't believe they will. I don't think they will be willing to trade both of those picks to go up to #1 to take Geno Smith. They more than likely might trade down with one of them.

Besides, if the Chiefs are able to trade Albert for a 2nd or 3rd round pick, I believe they'd be better served to just stay at #1 and take Joeckel or Fisher.

I agree it is not likely, and if we do make the trade for Albert, wouldn't want to make this trade.