PDA

View Full Version : lattimore 4th round

slc chief
04-24-2013, 09:35 PM
i would like to see this kid on the roster as a late round pick

Lattimore’s career to begin six months after he thought it ended Posted by Michael David Smith on April 24, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/marcus-lattimore.jpg?w=250 APFormer South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8315/marcus-lattimore) may not get drafted until Saturday, which represents a disappointing drop for a player who was viewed as a first-round prospect until suffering a devastating knee injury. But Saturday also marks six months since that devastating knee injury on October 27, and Lattimore also counts himself as lucky that he has a football future at all.
In a lengthy ESPN the Magazine profile, Lattimore says that when he went down on that fateful fall Saturday, he figured his football career had come to an end.
“At that moment, I really believed I was done (http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?w=1ctre&storyId=9151712&i=TOP&topslot=1&wjb=),” Lattimore said. “When you look back and see what people were writing and posting on Twitter and Facebook that night, they all thought I was done too.”
Lattimore’s mother, Yolanda Smith, says she thought the same thing, especially considering that it was Lattimore’s second serious knee injury.
“I just knew he was done with football,” she said. “I had seen my baby hurt before. Now I had seen him hurt again. There was a part of me that said, Let this be over. But that has always been up to him. And he’s always done the right thing.”
The team that drafts Lattimore will be getting a football player who’s grateful for the opportunity, and excited just to have the chance to put in all the hard work needed to return to the field.

texaschief
04-24-2013, 10:06 PM
I'd be ok with him in the 4th. The more I read about him and his situation, the more I think he'll be available later on in the draft. But, I'd be ok with him in the 4th. The Chiefs are one of the few teams in the league that can afford to redshirt him this season to let him get himself right before seriously trying to compete at the NFL level.

slc chief
04-24-2013, 10:29 PM
I'd be ok with him in the 4th. The more I read about him and his situation, the more I think he'll be available later on in the draft. But, I'd be ok with him in the 4th. The Chiefs are one of the few teams in the league that can afford to redshirt him this season to let him get himself right before seriously trying to compete at the NFL level.

that and charles would be a great person to be able to give him advice as far as the injury and what it takes to be an elite back

Seek
04-26-2013, 12:24 PM
I would take him as well as a back up. However, the Chiefs are needing a complimentary back for Charles. The Chiefs are needing a bigger bruising North to South runner to change up the style of play while Charles rest.

rbedgood
04-29-2013, 12:27 AM
hey guys, figured I'd drop in on this thread first as my boys got Lattimore. I'm actually pretty thrilled on getting him as I see him as a guy who could theoretically be a Gore clone in a few years. I think the 49ers will bring him along slowly, and likely start him on the PUP list this upcoming season with Gore & L.James firmly holding the top 2 spots. Gore has also returned from a catastraphic knee injury in college and should be able to help advise and mentor Lattimore as someone suggested James would.

Are you guys overall happy with your draft. Overall as I look at it, you guys seem to have done well for yourselves, other than the inability to move Albert. Any chance he sees the new roster and gives in to trying RT for a year?

texaschief
04-29-2013, 12:34 AM
hey guys, figured I'd drop in on this thread first as my boys got Lattimore. I'm actually pretty thrilled on getting him as I see him as a guy who could theoretically be a Gore clone in a few years. I think the 49ers will bring him along slowly, and likely start him on the PUP list this upcoming season with Gore & L.James firmly holding the top 2 spots. Gore has also returned from a catastraphic knee injury in college and should be able to help advise and mentor Lattimore as someone suggested James would.

Are you guys overall happy with your draft. Overall as I look at it, you guys seem to have done well for yourselves, other than the inability to move Albert. Any chance he sees the new roster and gives in to trying RT for a year?

If he wants to get paid, they shouldn't give him an option. At this point, he's not the best LT on the team. Either he wants a paycheck or he doesn't.