PDA

View Full Version : Geno Crow

Ryfo18
04-26-2013, 12:07 AM
I'm eating it. Still rooting for the kid though. Not like he needed anymore motivation...

matthewschiefs
04-26-2013, 12:13 AM
Props to you for being about to do this.

I'm not going to root against him myself I don't dislike him I just never saw anything that made him THE GUY. I said all along there was no THE GUY in the draft. That's why I was opposed to all the talk that we HAD TO TAKE HIM.

texaschief
04-26-2013, 12:15 AM
Probably one of the best remaining values in the draft for sure. Way to wear the big boy pants, Ryfo. Wish we could've seen the same from myman.

Ryfo18
04-26-2013, 12:18 AM
And as as for everything else I said recently, chalk it up to a rough week. Some denial on my end, some stress, and a lot of piped up anger towards this organization that continually brings in other teams' unwanted quarterbacks.

jap1
04-26-2013, 12:25 AM
Bravo for being a big man about it. He is still on the board, and we may be trading into the 2nd round ... maybe in the top 10 (Az?). So they may get him. Personally, I dont think we need him. I think Smith is going to be great with the pieces they have around him.

matthewschiefs
04-26-2013, 12:30 AM
And as as for everything else I said recently, chalk it up to a rough week. Some denial on my end, some stress, and a lot of piped up anger towards this organization that continually brings in other teams' unwanted quarterbacks.

And I'll admit I think some of my response towards you was unfair frustration with MYMANHALI's actions. Tonight shows the difference between you to you show up like an adult he keeps on going on and on the same garbage over and over again adding nothing new. So I guess I should apologize for letting the frustration with Myman go towards you.:bananen_smilies046:

texaschief
04-26-2013, 12:33 AM
He wasn't "unwanted" by the 49ers. It's not a bad thing to find a QB that better suits your team. Alex Smith still had considerable value and if they couldn't get that value, they were probably going to keep him as a backup. The Chiefs and plenty of other teams had serious interest in Smith.

Would you consider Branden Albert "unwanted" by the Chiefs? I wouldn't. Nor would I consider him a "retread."

brdempsey69
04-26-2013, 12:43 AM
Thank you Ryfo, and sorry for all the harsh words & letting the frustration go with both barrels from my end & I understand the frustration on your end. You are quite right about better QB play being needed then what we've seen since Trent Green retired, but please, PLEASE understand that with that, better O-Line play is also needed than what we've seen since Roaf and Shields retired & Eric Fisher could very well turn out to be the most ferocious rookie that this team has seen in decades and this team's O-Line DESPERATELY needs that. It was said that during their private workout with Fisher, he hit O-Line Coach Eugene Chung so hard that he knocked all the air out of Chung -- that was coming from John Dorsey after they made the pick.

texaschief
04-26-2013, 12:46 AM
I love that this franchise has loaded up on the beef the last couple years.

MyManHali
04-26-2013, 01:03 AM
Why eat crow? No one from this draft class has even played yet. Geno will probably go in the second round. A second round pick replaced our starting qb in SF.

matthewschiefs
04-26-2013, 01:06 AM
Why eat crow? No one from this draft class has even played yet. Geno will probably go in the second round. A second round pick replaced our starting qb in SF.

Because the hype you gave him. You made it out to be that we were stupid for not taking him number 1. Clearly that was a wrong position given that EVERY TEAM passed on him

MyManHali
04-26-2013, 01:07 AM
I love that this franchise has loaded up on the beef the last couple years.

Yet we have failed to address the most important position (qb) with a reliable player. Smith has question marks and to make it even worse he is SEVERELY injury prone.

MyManHali
04-26-2013, 01:09 AM
Because the hype you gave him. You made it out to be that we were stupid for not taking him number 1. Clearly that was a wrong position given that EVERY TEAM passed on him

What the hell, he hasn't even played a down. The argument was never WHERE he is going to be drafted it was how good of a player was he going to be?

matthewschiefs
04-26-2013, 01:10 AM
Yet we have failed to address the most important position (qb) with a reliable player. Smith has question marks and to make it even worse he is SEVERELY injury prone.

UMMMMMM we did address the QB position. Maybe not with who you want but it has been addressed.

And you want us to wait and see how this draft class plays before judging but you refuse to give Alex the same in a whole new offense with a new head coach with a brand new group of talent around him. Can't have it both ways.

MyManHali
04-26-2013, 01:11 AM
UMMMMMM we did address the QB position. Maybe not with who you want but it has been addressed.

And you want us to wait and see how this draft class plays before judging but you refuse to give Alex the same in a whole new offense with a new head coach with a brand new group of talent around him. Can't have it both ways.

We did address it but not with a reliable player. On top of the question marks about him actually leading the offense Smith gets hurt..... A LOT.

matthewschiefs
04-26-2013, 01:13 AM
What the hell, he hasn't even played a down. The argument was never WHERE he is going to be drafted, I wanted to draft him because I believe he can anchor an offense. If he turns out to be a 8x pro bowl player would it still be a stupid pick?

You made him out to be the clear cut next great QB. You talked over and over again about how great he was. If that position was correct then someone would have drafted him tonight. Clearly it wasn't. You can't admit you were wrong If he was as good as you have claimed he would have been drafted.

matthewschiefs
04-26-2013, 01:15 AM
We did address it but not with a reliable player. On top of the question marks about him actually leading the offense Smith gets hurt..... A LOT.

So again you want us to wait and see on Geno then you want to be able to turn around and judge Alex before he plays one down with a new offense new head coach for a new team. Again can't have it both ways My man no matter how much you want to

MyManHali
04-26-2013, 01:15 AM
You made him out to be the clear cut next great QB. You talked over and over again about how great he was. If that position was correct then someone would have drafted him tonight. Clearly it wasn't. You can't admit you were wrong If he was as good as you have claimed he would have been drafted.

Yes, I said he was the best qb in the draft. Have they even played to either dismiss or confirm that theory? It's not where they're drafted it's how they play.

MyManHali
04-26-2013, 01:17 AM
So again you want us to wait and see on Geno then you want to be able to turn around and judge Alex before he plays one down with a new offense new head coach for a new team. Again can't have it both ways My man no matter how much you want to

I judged Alex by his numbers and past performance. He has been in the NFL for 7 seasons. That seems to indicate his ceiling. That isn't fair? Smith has ran the same offense Andy Reid runs and Geno is a rookie.

matthewschiefs
04-26-2013, 01:22 AM
I judged Alex by his numbers and past performance. He has been in the NFL for 7 seasons. That seems to indicate his ceiling. That isn't fair?

You're judgeing him on what he did for a different team with a different coach with different talent around him. Yesterday I listed how even hall of fame players struggled when the situation wasn't right for him. You CAN'T JUDGE what he's going to do with this offense this head coach and this talent around him before he's played with them. And besides that you dwell only on the bad. You don't give him any credit for the vast imporvement him made when he got a good head coach. You just say look at the bad he sucks when he won't be in that situation anymore. He won't be asked to do what he was with the 49ers anymore. Sorry but you can't judge his time with the Chiefs before it happens. That's just like judgeing Geno based on tonight. IT's just not fair to do so

texaschief
04-26-2013, 01:23 AM
Can we ban this troll yet?

matthewschiefs
04-26-2013, 01:24 AM
Yes, I said he was the best qb in the draft. Have they even played to either dismiss or confirm that theory? It's not where they're drafted it's how they play.

No but the fact that EJ Manuel was taken before means that it's not so clear cut that he was the best QB. Ryfo was able to man up swallow his pride and admit he was wrong about this why can't you?

MyManHali
04-26-2013, 01:25 AM
You're judgeing him on what he did for a different team with a different coach with different talent around him. Yesterday I listed how even hall of fame players struggled when the situation wasn't right for him. You CAN'T JUDGE what he's going to do with this offense this head coach and this talent around him before he's played with them. And besides that you dwell only on the bad. You don't give him any credit for the vast imporvement him made when he got a good head coach. You just say look at the bad he sucks when he won't be in that situation anymore. He won't be asked to do what he was with the 49ers anymore. Sorry but you can't judge his time with the Chiefs before it happens. That's just like judgeing Geno based on tonight. IT's just not fair to do so

This reminds me of your Matt Cassel speech before last season. From what I remember you were not a fan of Cassel but you did defend him.

MyManHali
04-26-2013, 01:27 AM
No but the fact that EJ Manuel was taken before means that it's not so clear cut that he was the best QB. Ryfo was able to man up swallow his pride and admit he was wrong about this why can't you?

Wrong about what? I will admit that I am wrong if they play and Geno isn't the best qb out of the class. When did we ever argue about where he was going to be drafted? The argument was always about what type of player he would be.

Alex Smith was drafted before Aaron rodgers, Aaron rodgers went all the way back to 24th. Who is the better qb?

MyManHali
04-26-2013, 01:28 AM

When I am wrong about this team I will admit it, unfortunately for you I have been right about most things concerning this franchise, from Pioli, Crennel, Cassel, Hillis, Daboll and so on, even when no one else wanted to hear it.

matthewschiefs
04-26-2013, 01:29 AM
This reminds me of your Matt Cassel speech before last season. From what I remember you were not a fan of Cassel but you did defend him.

Yep I did defend him and I still do to the extent that Romeo and Daboll were far more the problem then him.

But Alex Smith is not Matt Cassel And Alex Smith has done more then Matt Cassel has in the NFL Alex doesn't deserve to be judged on what Matt Cassel did or did not do. Alex Smith is Alex Smith and to judge him as a Chief before he plays one down in KC is like judgeing Geno right now. You can't do it and be fair

texaschief
04-26-2013, 01:30 AM

Because he's a troll. His arguments don't hold water. I'm shocked he hasn't played the race card yet. That's usually what people tend to do now when they lose a debate.

Anything the guy says should be viewed as:sign0014:

matthewschiefs
04-26-2013, 01:31 AM
When I am wrong about this team I will admit it, unfortunately for you I have been right about most things concerning this franchise, from Pioli, Crennel, Cassel, Hillis, Daboll and so on, even when no one else wanted to hear it.

Call me crazy but I don't rember you really being in front of Crennel. In fact I remember being in back in forths with you where you were saying "if we had a QB" and I was the one talking about the coaching.

Oh and the famous Mccluster wasn't going to play

Geno being the cant miss number 1 pick

Like it or not you have been wrong my man

MyManHali
04-26-2013, 01:32 AM
Because he's a troll. His arguments don't hold water. I'm shocked he hasn't played the race card yet. That's usually what people tend to do now when they lose a debate.

When did you call out the previous regime? You were a believer, I wasn't. You have to admit I have been right about A TON of things, even matthewschiefs would agree to that.

But I am going to ease up, I said I would be back when the season started and I did. Now I will be back when the first preseason game starts.

matthewschiefs
04-26-2013, 01:33 AM
Wrong about what? I will admit that I am wrong if they play and Geno isn't the best qb out of the class. When did we ever argue about where he was going to be drafted? The argument was always about what type of player he would be.

Alex Smith was drafted before Aaron rodgers, Aaron rodgers went all the way back to 24th. Who is the better qb?

You were wrong about this team being stupid for not taking him. Unless you're going to say Every team in the NFL is stupid and you no better then every GM in the NFL since everyone said no thanks to him. Man up my man it's ok no one's perfect you were wrong about just how good Geno was at West virgina. If he was as good as you claimed he was someone would have taken him.

texaschief
04-26-2013, 01:33 AM

:pointlaugh:

oh, you.

texaschief
04-26-2013, 01:36 AM
When did you call out the previous regime? You were a believer, I wasn't. You have to admit I have been right about A TON of things, even matthewschiefs would agree to that.

But I am going to ease up, I said I would be back when the season started and I did. Now I will be back when the first preseason game starts.

I was the lone voice of opposition on this site the day Pioli was mentioned in connection with this franchise and held that position throughout.

Go do your homework. It's all logged away. You want to know my position, go find it. I'm not doing your work for you or going to sit here and try to prove something to you. Your player evaluations are a joke and tonight only reaffirmed that.

texaschief
04-26-2013, 01:49 AM

matthewschiefs
04-26-2013, 01:53 AM

I really don't think he's a troll just a guy who's a little full of himself.

I will give you your due My man you have been right about things.

But you have been wrong as well you don't have a clean tracrecord here.

1. Mccluster "won't Play" WRONG 2nd leading WR on this team last year

2. Blair white a house hold name WRONG You said this talking about Peyton Manning and how great he is. Do I really need to bother.

3. Geno Smith being the clear choice at 1 overall WRONG 2nd round pick at best

4. At first you were happy with this management now your craping on them so either way at one point you're wrong

5. Teams don't win superbowls drafting OTs WRONG 97 rams did draft a OT first overall and won the superbowl shortly there after

6. Kyle Orton led us to our biggest win in 20 years WRONG Call me crazy but I call a win that clinches a playoff birth a bigger win then a win that kept us in the hunt

You're hardly batting 1000 yourself bud it's ok to admit it I can I have been wrong about things myself regarding this team. I have the balls to admit it.

texaschief
04-26-2013, 01:59 AM
I really don't think he's a troll just a guy who's a little full of himself.

I will give you your due My man you have been right about things.

But you have been wrong as well you don't have a clean tracrecord here.

1. Mccluster "won't Play" WRONG 2nd leading WR on this team last year

2. Blair white a house hold name WRONG You said this talking about Peyton Manning and how great he is. Do I really need to bother.

3. Geno Smith being the clear choice at 1 overall WRONG 2nd round pick at best

4. At first you were happy with this management now your craping on them so either way at one point you're wrong

5. Teams don't win superbowls drafting OTs WRONG 97 rams did draft a OT first overall and won the superbowl shortly there after

6. Kyle Orton led us to our biggest win in 20 years WRONG Call me crazy but I call a win that clinches a playoff birth a bigger win then a win that kept us in the hunt

You're hardly batting 1000 yourself bud it's ok to admit it I can I have been wrong about things myself regarding this team. I have the balls to admit it.

How ridiculous would you have to be to think you're always right? What a joke. I'd go down my list of "rights" and "wrongs" but my list is WAY too long on both fronts. ; )

jap1
04-26-2013, 03:41 AM
An example of how mentally tough Geno Smith is ... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/26/geno-smith-says-he-wont-be-back-on-friday/

He is taking his ball and going home.

Seek
04-26-2013, 08:09 AM
I'm eating it. Still rooting for the kid though. Not like he needed anymore motivation...

Hey, Drew Breeze was passed on until the 2nd round. Hey could still be a decent QB, but he just needs to land on a team where he can develop without expectations to be the Starter day one.

Seek
04-26-2013, 08:12 AM
An example of how mentally tough Geno Smith is ... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/26/geno-smith-says-he-wont-be-back-on-friday/

Why do you go to the Green room. You are expected to be a top 1st round pick. He wasn't. Why stay there and make a fool of yourself another day longer. I would go home too unless they start to invite people to the Green Room when for the 2nd day, and 3rd day.

nigeriannightmare
04-26-2013, 08:31 AM

Bro did you see the reaction by Geno. Like I said at a Super Bowl part I was at, Jake spavital said he needed to be baby sat and was in no way gonna be a first round choice. Looks like his QB coach was right. Dudes got talent but can't handle when things don't go his way. Last night was proof and his cry baby pouty antics is exactly why he didn't go. I imagine the dude did a very poor job in the interview process.

nigeriannightmare
04-26-2013, 08:38 AM
And actually my favorite thing about geno was in an interview on espn he called himself a reserved guy and all I could think about was him standing on a bench acting a fool in Texas. Tape doesn't lie.

Lord-Chiefy
04-26-2013, 09:26 AM
So the faider forum booted you?? Lol

Seek
04-26-2013, 09:30 AM

You have been very wrong about a lot of things. You complain about every single thing the Chiefs do so you can hang your hat on getting the mistakes right when they they come to fruition, but in situations where you are clearly wrong, your defense is the mere fact that you were so wrong that most of your opinions will never play out because they never got the opportunity to prove it. For weeks you have spouted out how much you hated the Alex Smith Trade and that Taking Geno Smith with the number one over all instead of a tackle was the only option that would make you happy. You pointed out time and time again how stupid it was to take the best player in the Draft if you already had a player in that position when the Chiefs have failed to draft a QB in years and Geno was that good. Your boy Smith got passed by every single team in the NFL. Now your are turning this into I am still not wrong, he just hasn't proved me right yet...

Seriously, My Man. You spend way to much time on this forum spreading negativety. To the point that having any discussion on this thread gets hijacked into some repetitive dead horse debate about how much you hate this team and eveything they do. It is comical to see you dodge the lack of Geno getting drafted with the exact same reasoning why people argued with you to why they wouldn't take Geno. He has proved nothing to show he can be an NFL QB. Now you are asking people to wait and watch until he can prove it.

Chiefster
04-26-2013, 09:51 AM

I understand your frustration, but MMH has not done anything, that I know of, that is ban worthy. Doubling down on a questionable, at best, point of view does not make one a troll. He has a right to an opinion that no one is obligated to agree with. There is an "ignore" feature. If enough people ignore him my guess is that he'll get tired of talking to himself, and if not than you are still not subjecting yourself to him.

Coach
04-26-2013, 11:05 AM
I know your kind. You were right about things because the Chiefs went 2-14. You are the most negative person on this board, so when the Chiefs have a crummy season you will always be able to pound your chest. Congrats and welcome to life of misery. You will never be disappointed if you always expect the worse out of life. Unfortunately for you it many times is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Miller
04-26-2013, 11:44 AM
I know your kind. You were right about things because the Chiefs went 2-14. You are the most negative person on this board, so when the Chiefs have a crummy season you will always be able to pound your chest. Congrats and welcome to life of misery. You will never be disappointed if you always expect the worse out of life. Unfortunately for you it many times is a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Well said

I am very excited on where this team is going.

jap1
04-26-2013, 12:40 PM

Apparently he is going to stay for the second round now.

doobs_05
04-26-2013, 12:58 PM
MyMan was the one who called a 2012 season with a "at best 4 wins" and a majority of you gave him **** for it (might of got banned for it), and look what happen, 2-14. No one said "you were right". With Alex smith, some of you are looking at the glass half full and some are looking at it half empty. yes Alex had 1 and half good years in SF and yes he had 6 years of terrible football (WE WANT CARR!), So sorry if some people think alex won't pan out.

Now with Geno, I don't think you can say "eat crow" yet. Dude hasn't played a down of NFL football and only a select few teams need a QB, and the teams that do have other holes to fill. Russell Wilson went third round, but that makes him terrible. The only way I see people eating Crow is if Geno doesn't get a starting job after 3 years (because we have to give our QBs time, right guys?).

matthewschiefs
04-26-2013, 01:57 PM
MyMan was the one who called a 2012 season with a "at best 4 wins" and a majority of you gave him **** for it (might of got banned for it), and look what happen, 2-14. No one said "you were right". With Alex smith, some of you are looking at the glass half full and some are looking at it half empty. yes Alex had 1 and half good years in SF and yes he had 6 years of terrible football (WE WANT CARR!), So sorry if some people think alex won't pan out.

Now with Geno, I don't think you can say "eat crow" yet. Dude hasn't played a down of NFL football and only a select few teams need a QB, and the teams that do have other holes to fill. Russell Wilson went third round, but that makes him terrible. The only way I see people eating Crow is if Geno doesn't get a starting job after 3 years (because we have to give our QBs time, right guys?).

Like i said earlier My man you have to give credit he's been right about alot.

But the reason he should be eating crow is not that we know what Geno's going to do it's how he went on and on and on about how great he was at West Virgina. He pretty much said that we were stupid for not taking him with the number 1 pick overall. Well i guess then every gm is stupid then. It's clear the Geno wasn't nearly as good as My man claimied. Now My man after going on how we couldn't pass on Geno number 1 was blasting Reid and Dorsey for not knowing that he was going to be there in the 2nd round. No matter how you slice it My man was wrong here.

Geno could still play pretty good in the NFL. There is no doubt he could still be one hell of a player. NO ONE should judge him just yet.My man is correct there. But the problem is then he wants to go and judge Alex Smith before he's played one down as a Chief. You can't have it both ways. It's 100% unfair to judge Geno Smith. Likewise it's 100% unfair to judge the trade for Alex Smith and Alex Smith as a Chief.

AkChief49
04-26-2013, 02:14 PM
I found it interesting that Austin went in the 1st round and Geno did not. Thought he would go 1st QB anyway.

doobs_05
04-26-2013, 02:20 PM
I don't think anyone expected EJ Manuel to be the first QB to go.

AkChief49
04-26-2013, 02:28 PM
I don't think anyone expected EJ Manuel to be the first QB to go.

Yeah the Bills played that one the close to the vest. Smoke and mirrors for sure.

texaschief
04-26-2013, 02:38 PM
I understand your frustration, but MMH has not done anything, l that I know of, that is ban worthy. Doubling down on a questionable, at best, point of view does not make one a troll. He has a right to an opinion that no one is obligated to agree with. There is an "ignore" feature. If enough people ignore him my guess is that he'll get tired of talking to himself, and if not than you are still not subjecting yourself to him.

MyMan is the definition of a troll. He hijacks every thread with the same repetitive b.s. just to get a rise out of people. Threads about Albert, the draft, Andy Reid, mock drafts, etc turn into Geno debates because of him. He just trolls all the threads and throws some kind of Geno bomb wherever he can.

From "7 Ways to be a Troll":

1: Use mass quantities. The most extreme trolling often uses repetition. Intense trolling will repeatedly hit on something that will get a “…really…” response out of people. Usually, the more repetitious a trolling is, the more annoying it will be. Be sure to evaluate how much repetition is enough and how much is too much. Sometimes one hit is all it takes to appropriately troll.

2:Be anonymous. Create an identity aside from your real life identity when trolling, especially when trolling strangers.

3: Browse the forums or message board and see if there are any patterns of behavior. Trolling often utilizes repetition to be effective. See patterns of behavior and remember them because they may come in handy when planning your troll.

Seek
04-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Like i said earlier My man you have to give credit he's been right about alot.

But the reason he should be eating crow is not that we know what Geno's going to do it's how he went on and on and on about how great he was at West Virgina. He pretty much said that we were stupid for not taking him with the number 1 pick overall. Well i guess then every gm is stupid then. It's clear the Geno wasn't nearly as good as My man claimied. Now My man after going on how we couldn't pass on Geno number 1 was blasting Reid and Dorsey for not knowing that he was going to be there in the 2nd round. No matter how you slice it My man was wrong here.

Geno could still play pretty good in the NFL. There is no doubt he could still be one hell of a player. NO ONE should judge him just yet.My man is correct there. But the problem is then he wants to go and judge Alex Smith before he's played one down as a Chief. You can't have it both ways. It's 100% unfair to judge Geno Smith. Likewise it's 100% unfair to judge the trade for Alex Smith and Alex Smith as a Chief.

Some day, everyone will die. Some day the world will End. When that all happen please call me a prophet for getting it right. You throw enough Crap on the wall and some if it will stick. That is the Credit My Man gets. He is a poo tosser and when it does not stick, throws more poo to cover it up.

Fact of the matter, No one does know if Geno will be a star until he proves it. So far everyone is betting that his chances are lower than that of My Man Horton. Which by the way Horton is poo that didn't stick. Geno is the poo that covers that poo up.

70 chiefsfan70
04-26-2013, 03:01 PM
Some day, everyone will die. Some day the world will End. When that all happen please call me a prophet for getting it right. You throw enough Crap on the wall and some if it will stick. That is the Credit My Man gets. He is a poo tosser and when it does not stick, throws more poo to cover it up.

Fact of the matter, No one does know if Geno will be a star until he proves it. So far everyone is betting that his chances are lower than that of My Man Horton. Which by the way Horton is poo that didn't stick. Geno is the poo that covers that poo up.

Moral of the story is: Too much poo stinks, that what me thinks.

70 chiefsfan70
04-26-2013, 03:31 PM
To my fellow Chiefs fans, Especially MMH, TC, and Matthews:

Diversity is a great thing!

I've not posted a whole lot, but believe me I'm an avid fan and daily reader of all the new post, comments. The three I mentioned above all have some things in common, such as tons of true hard core chiefs, and individual player facts, Absolute diehard Chiefs fans, and last but not least a real passion for your own opinions. All of these are great traits to have. You guys make this site, for lazy, and/or too busy, people like myself, We rely on a lot of the chiefs related news from you. That is what makes this site so special, its people like you. Diversity is good for this site, Diversity is what made this country the best country this world has ever seen. Diversity is also what divides, and can destruct if we cant except it.

I have enjoyed this site, and will continue to enjoy it.

We have soooo many things to be excited about this coming season. I personally would rather have Geno Smith, or several other qbs, with the second round pick, and pay him 2 million a year and keep next years second round, then have Alex Smith, loose next years second round, and pay him 9 million. But all thats hind sight. Back when we made the trade no one would have predicted that, Geno would have still been here, and that Albert would have signed the FA tender. This change day to day.

Time and only time will tell us what kind of players that were drafted.

Chiefs will rise to the top again.

May the Chiefs be called "Daddy" by the rest of the AFC West!

matthewschiefs
04-26-2013, 04:27 PM
To my fellow Chiefs fans, Especially MMH, TC, and Matthews:

Diversity is a great thing!

I've not posted a whole lot, but believe me I'm an avid fan and daily reader of all the new post, comments. The three I mentioned above all have some things in common, such as tons of true hard core chiefs, and individual player facts, Absolute diehard Chiefs fans, and last but not least a real passion for your own opinions. All of these are great traits to have. You guys make this site, for lazy, and/or too busy, people like myself, We rely on a lot of the chiefs related news from you. That is what makes this site so special, its people like you. Diversity is good for this site, Diversity is what made this country the best country this world has ever seen. Diversity is also what divides, and can destruct if we cant except it.

I have enjoyed this site, and will continue to enjoy it.

We have soooo many things to be excited about this coming season. I personally would rather have Geno Smith, or several other qbs, with the second round pick, and pay him 2 million a year and keep next years second round, then have Alex Smith, loose next years second round, and pay him 9 million. But all thats hind sight. Back when we made the trade no one would have predicted that, Geno would have still been here, and that Albert would have signed the FA tender. This change day to day.

Time and only time will tell us what kind of players that were drafted.

Chiefs will rise to the top again.

May the Chiefs be called "Daddy" by the rest of the AFC West!

I agree 100%.

I probably have gone back and forth with MY man more then anyone on this site. I enjoy it mostly. It's good for the offseason to have someone like that around in some ways at least it gives us something to talk about. My man has been call a troll way to many times IMO. I have in the past defended him in this and I will again. My Man Hali isn't a troll IMO. He has his opinions and he has a right to them. Like it or not there's a logic behind his opinions mostly. He was right about last season before it happened. Give the devil his due. The Geno thing I don't think it was so much his message as much as how he went about it. If he had done what you did saying he prefered Geno to Alex there wouldn't be the fallout that there is. The reason he got the fallout he did is that he didn't let it rest. Even after the draft he has gone on and on about it. He can be frustrating in that at times yes but that in no way means he's just trolling. He will be back and he will disagree more with all of us. But that's the point of this forum to talk some CHIEFS FOOTBALL. We all have the right to disagree with each other. We also have the right to our opinions. And we have the right to chose how to express them as long as they are within the rules of this forum. You can chose to answer my man or you could chose to ignore him. That's up to you.

MyManHali
04-26-2013, 10:28 PM

All I want is to draft a qb and develop him. We have to realize that the teams that have won super bowls DRAFT QUARTERBACKS AND DEVELOP THEM. Now, we just traded 2 high draft picks for Alex Smith, another team's back up quarterback. This is a WIN NOW move.

Past super bowl winners:

Ravens-QB in first round

Giants- QB through the draft

Packers- QB first round

Saints- FA Drew Brees. If you can find me a FA that is a Drew Brees then I will be on board with you

Pitt- QB first round

Giants- First round

Colts- First round

Steelers- First round

This is not some weird coincidence. Teams need to take the risk either in the first or second round and try to draft and develop a quarterback. For the past 20 years or so we have acquired quarterbacks from other teams and it has not worked. We didn't trade Albert, we have no second round pick this year and no second or third round pick for next year which limits our ability to build through the draft, this is why I think the Alex Smith move is a mistake.

matthewschiefs
04-26-2013, 10:29 PM
All I want is to draft a qb and develop him. We have to realize that the teams that have won super bowls DRAFT QUARTERBACKS AND DEVELOP THEM. Now, we just traded 2 high draft picks for Alex Smith, another team's back up quarterback. This is a WIN NOW move.

Past super bowl winners:

Ravens-QB in first round

Giants- QB through the draft

Packers- QB first round

Saints- FA Drew Brees. If you can find me a FA that is a Drew Brees then I will be on board with you

Pitt- QB first round

Giants- First round

Colts- First round

Steelers- First round

This is not some weird coincidence. Teams need to take the risk either in the first or second round and try to draft and develop a quarterback. For the past 20 years or so we have acquired quarterbacks from other teams and it has not worked. We didn't trade Albert, we have no second round pick this year and no second or third round pick for next year which limits our ability to build through the draft, this is why I think the Alex Smith move is a mistake.

WRONG Giants got there QB through a trade Chargers drafted Eli. Don't lie My man

MyManHali
04-26-2013, 10:30 PM
WRONG Giants got there QB through a trade Chargers drafted Eli. Don't lie My man

You need to read a bit closer, I said "Through the draft" in the first round which is true.

matthewschiefs
04-26-2013, 10:32 PM
You need to read a bit closer, I said "Through the draft" which is true.

If you spin it you can say that but then again you could say that about Alex Smith for us if you want to do that for Eli. The fact still is they traded for Eli they did not draft him

texaschief
04-26-2013, 11:16 PM
A lot of Super Bowl winning QB's came from the first round... but a lot of 1st round QB's have washed out of the NFL altogether. Taking a QB in the first round guarantees nothing. Those teams who succeeded in their first round QB gambles did so on elite QB's worthy of the pick. The Browns have proven the buckshot approach to 1st round QBs guarantees nothing.

Justin5772002
04-27-2013, 02:35 AM
Look at Rodgers, wasn't a draft And start the next day player. He was developed and when he was ready they gave him his shot

MyManHali
04-27-2013, 02:09 PM
A lot of Super Bowl winning QB's came from the first round... but a lot of 1st round QB's have washed out of the NFL altogether. Taking a QB in the first round guarantees nothing. Those teams who succeeded in their first round QB gambles did so on elite QB's worthy of the pick. The Browns have proven the buckshot approach to 1st round QBs guarantees nothing.

It doesn't matter, the teams that fail to take a quarterback usually don't contend for titles.

If the franchise qb isn't in this years draft then fine, find a veteran that carries a minimum price tag that can start and be solid for a year but my god do not go out and blow high draft picks on someone who is injury prone and unproven to lead an offense.

matthewschiefs
04-27-2013, 03:33 PM
It doesn't matter, the teams that fail to take a quarterback usually don't contend for titles.

If the franchise qb isn't in this years draft then fine, find a veteran that carries a minimum price tag that can start and be solid for a year but my god do not go out and blow high draft picks on someone who is injury prone and unproven to lead an offense.

And like Texas said the Browns have drafted QB after QB after QB with high draft picks going all the way back to Tim Couch how many titles have they contended for? Please answer this.

Meanwhile the Cardinals only contended for a QB that every one thought was done after his time with the Giants Kurt Warner.
The Vikings Contended for a while with anther QB that people thought was done Brett Farve.
Last year you went on and on about Denver contending because they got a QB ummmmmmm they didn't draft Manning
We contended with Trent Green. If only we had a defense that could have stopped a highschool team we would have a great shot at a superbowl
The bottom line is it doesn't Matter HOW you get a QB as long as you get the right QB Alex Smith COULD be that in Kc He might now that remains to be seen but this talk you keep putting out there that the only way to contend is by Drafting a QB is just not true Facts don't support it.

MyManHali
04-27-2013, 03:46 PM
And like Texas said the Browns have drafted QB after QB after QB with high draft picks going all the way back to Tim Couch how many titles have they contended for? Please answer this.

Meanwhile the Cardinals only contended for a QB that every one thought was done after his time with the Giants Kurt Warner.
The Vikings Contended for a while with anther QB that people thought was done Brett Farve.
Last year you went on and on about Denver contending because they got a QB ummmmmmm they didn't draft Manning
We contended with Trent Green. If only we had a defense that could have stopped a highschool team we would have a great shot at a superbowl
The bottom line is it doesn't Matter HOW you get a QB as long as you get the right QB Alex Smith COULD be that in Kc He might now that remains to be seen but this talk you keep putting out there that the only way to contend is by Drafting a QB is just not true Facts don't support it.

Although the Browns have failed atleast they have tried. With the exception of Brees you can't ignore the first round qbs (or ones that were acquired THROUGH the draft like Eli Manning) have been the ones that have won the super bowls in recent memory. True fans seem to be content with lackluster FA qb for the past 15 years that have resulted in 0 playoff wins.

When has Alex Smith ever thrown for 4000 yards in a season? When has he won the super bowl? When has he had a 30 td season? Hell, he hasn't even had a 3200 yard season or a 20 td year. Your comparisons for Alex Smith are absurd.

matthewschiefs
04-27-2013, 03:54 PM
Although the Browns have failed atleast they have tried. With the exception of Brees you can't ignore the first round qbs (or ones that were acquired THROUGH the draft like Eli Manning) have been the ones that have won the super bowls in recent memory. True fans seem to be content with lackluster FA qb for the past 15 years that have resulted in 0 playoff wins.

When has Alex Smith ever thrown for 4000 yards in a season? When has he won the super bowl? When has he had a 30 td season? Hell, he hasn't even had a 3200 yard season or a 20 td year. Your comparisons for Alex Smith are absurd.

What's absurd is you keep lieing about Eli. Eli was TRADED for using draft picks JUST LIKE ALEX SMITH. So did we get Smith Through the draft? Stop lieing

And again time after time you can't tell me what Smith is going to do with a NEW offense and a NEW HEAD COACH. Maybe now he will do the things you mentioned he's put up some good numbers the last couple of years. Your judgement of Alex Smith before he plays one down in KC is absurd

MyManHali
04-27-2013, 03:59 PM

Facts dont support it?

7 of the last 8 super bowl winners all had quarterbacks that were either drafted in the first round or were acquired like Eli Manning was.

That isn't enough for you?

MyManHali
04-27-2013, 04:03 PM
What's absurd is you keep lieing about Eli. Eli was TRADED for using draft picks JUST LIKE ALEX SMITH. So did we get Smith Through the draft? Stop lieing

And again time after time you can't tell me what Smith is going to do with a NEW offense and a NEW HEAD COACH. Maybe now he will do the things you mentioned he's put up some good numbers the last couple of years. Your judgement of Alex Smith before he plays one down in KC is absurd

He was acquired through the draft in the first round. This wasn't an active qb in the nfl looking to go to a different team after 7 seasons. He was brought up in the Giants system. Similar to what I want to do for our quarterback.

All you ever tell me is we just have to wait and see. This is the SAME EXACT thing you said to me for the past 2 seasons. Just wait, we don't know what Cassel will do without Haley. Daboll could be the answer. Matt, you can honestly look at past performance and make a realistic assesment on what Alex Smith will do.

He will be a conservative qb who doesn't make mistakes but also doesn't throw for a lot of yards or touchdowns. Why? Because this is what he did with the last regime.

It's who he is.

matthewschiefs
04-27-2013, 04:22 PM
He was acquired through the draft in the first round. This wasn't an active qb in the nfl looking to go to a different team after 7 seasons. He was brought up in the Giants system. Similar to what I want to do for our quarterback.

All you ever tell me is we just have to wait and see. This is the SAME EXACT thing you said to me for the past 2 seasons. Just wait, we don't know what Cassel will do without Haley. Daboll could be the answer. Matt, you can honestly look at past performance and make a realistic assesment on what Alex Smith will do.

He will be a conservative qb who doesn't make mistakes but also doesn't throw for a lot of yards or touchdowns. Why? Because this is what he did with the last regime.

It's who he is.

You can say the Giants developed Eli that's true But they got him via trade that's fact.

Since when is it such a big task for a teams fans to give there team a chance? This is a brand new management. One that you were happy with until it became clear that they weren't going to do what you wanted and got a QB you didn't want. SO now you act like a spoiled child and whine constantly about it. Why? Just because they didn't do what you wanted doesn't mean they are doomed to fail. Maybe just maybe they know what they are doing. You may be right about Alex but there's nothing to say that you are at this point in time. I have listed hall of fame players who struggled under a system and then went to a new system and were back to being great. We saw what Alex Smith did in the systems of Mike Nolan,Mike Singletary and Jim Harbaugh under the first 2 he really struggled but so did every other QB that played for them. You have never been able to name me 1qb that played well under the first couple of coaches Alex Smith had. That should tell you something. Under Harbaugh Smith IMPROVED GREATLY. He has shown he can take a team to the playoffs and win. Andy Reid is known for his work with QBS. Alex Smith has never played for Reid Maybe just maybe Reid can get Smith to the next level you can't say it's not possible. You can have your doubts as I have mine. I don't think he's going to be great. But I think with our running game we won't need him to be as great as say a Aaron Rodgers is to the packers. But I think he can be a good QB who can get the job done. He has already proven he can take a team deep in the playoffs. Give him a little credit. He could take us far. He could fail completly it's just to soon to tell which is going to happen.

MyManHali
04-27-2013, 04:42 PM
You can say the Giants developed Eli that's true But they got him via trade that's fact.

Since when is it such a big task for a teams fans to give there team a chance? This is a brand new management. One that you were happy with until it became clear that they weren't going to do what you wanted and got a QB you didn't want. SO now you act like a spoiled child and whine constantly about it. Why? Just because they didn't do what you wanted doesn't mean they are doomed to fail. Maybe just maybe they know what they are doing. You may be right about Alex but there's nothing to say that you are at this point in time. I have listed hall of fame players who struggled under a system and then went to a new system and were back to being great. We saw what Alex Smith did in the systems of Mike Nolan,Mike Singletary and Jim Harbaugh under the first 2 he really struggled but so did every other QB that played for them. You have never been able to name me 1qb that played well under the first couple of coaches Alex Smith had. That should tell you something. Under Harbaugh Smith IMPROVED GREATLY. He has shown he can take a team to the playoffs and win. Andy Reid is known for his work with QBS. Alex Smith has never played for Reid Maybe just maybe Reid can get Smith to the next level you can't say it's not possible. You can have your doubts as I have mine. I don't think he's going to be great. But I think with our running game we won't need him to be as great as say a Aaron Rodgers is to the packers. But I think he can be a good QB who can get the job done. He has already proven he can take a team deep in the playoffs. Give him a little credit. He could take us far. He could fail completly it's just to soon to tell which is going to happen.

It's depressing because we are doomed with a qb who has not throw for yards or touchowns in his career. EVER. Although we don't know, facts indicate we are in the same boat we were with Cassel.

Either you think this is the guy for the team or you don't. For once take a stance, what side of the fence are you on?

matthewschiefs
04-27-2013, 04:50 PM
It's depressing because we are doomed with a qb who has not throw for yards or touchowns in his career. EVER. Although we don't know, facts indicate we are in the same boat we were with Cassel.

Either you think this is the guy for the team or you don't. For once take a stance, what side of the fence are you on?

When you look at the Facts you don't see Matt Cassel. Unless you only look at the Facts you want to.

FACT Matt Cassel has never had a good year and then improve on that Like Smith has the last couple of years

FACT Matt Cassel has never taken a team to the playoffs an won

FACT Matt Cassel has never taken a team to a confrance title game and had the lead until the kick returner muffed 2 punts in a row.

Alex Smith has done all those things that Matt Cassel has never done.

I choose not to judge a guy before hes played 1 down for us. As I have nothing to base that judgement on. He won't be in the same offense as he has been before. I won't judge the move until I have something to base that judgement on Sorry it's just not fair to judge based on nothing

MyManHali
04-27-2013, 05:06 PM
When you look at the Facts you don't see Matt Cassel. Unless you only look at the Facts you want to.

FACT Matt Cassel has never had a good year and then improve on that Like Smith has the last couple of years

FACT Matt Cassel has never taken a team to the playoffs an won

FACT Matt Cassel has never taken a team to a confrance title game and had the lead until the kick returner muffed 2 punts in a row.

Alex Smith has done all those things that Matt Cassel has never done.

I choose not to judge a guy before hes played 1 down for us. As I have nothing to base that judgement on. He won't be in the same offense as he has been before. I won't judge the move until I have something to base that judgement on Sorry it's just not fair to judge based on nothing

There are more similarities than differences. I can also state accomplishments Alex Smith does not have on Matt Cassel.

FACT: Cassel has had two 20 td seasons, Smith has had 0.

FACT: Cassel has played on two 10 win season teams. Smith has not.

FACT: Cassel has had a 3600 yard season, Smith has never come close, not even a 3200 yard season.

Matt Cassel has done all those things Alex Smith has never done. Smith never had 2 consecutive successful seasons, do you know why? Because he was hurt.

It took Alex Smith 6 seasons to win a playoff game. Cassel was only a starter for 4.5 seasons. On top of that you act like one playoff win in 6 seasons is impressive, some sort of big accomplishment that is worthy of being mentioned. Is that what we are going to strive for? 1 playoff win in 6 seasons?

Their career stats are VERY similar, so similar it's scary.

Hey, onto another topic whatever happened to Chief 31?

matthewschiefs
04-27-2013, 05:27 PM
There are more similarities than differences. I can also state accomplishments Alex Smith does not have on Matt Cassel.

FACT: Cassel has had two 20 td seasons, Smith has had 0.

FACT: Cassel has played on two 10 win season teams. Smith has not.

FACT: Cassel has had a 3600 yard season, Smith has never come close, not even a 3200 yard season.

Matt Cassel has done all those things Alex Smith has never done. Smith never had 2 consecutive successful seasons, do you know why? Because he was hurt.

It took Alex Smith 6 seasons to win a playoff game. Cassel was only a starter for 4.5 seasons. On top of that you act like one playoff win in 6 seasons is impressive, some sort of big accomplishment that is worthy of being mentioned. Is that what we are going to strive for? 1 playoff win in 6 seasons?

Their career stats are VERY similar, so similar it's scary.

Hey, onto another topic whatever happened to Chief 31?

FACT Matt Cassel's first coach was One of the best in the history of the game Alex Smith got Mike Nolan. Again name me a QB who played well under Mike Nolan I have begged for this over and over. Coaching was a factor in Smith's early struggles. Also look at the talent around Cassel early and What Smith had early. Cassel had Randy Moss his first year playing in the NFL who did Smith have?

The fact is that Cassel and Smith have never been in the same situation. But Smith when he had good coaching did more then Cassel did when he had a good coach/OC.

And I have wondered that about 31 myself Last I knew he was very upset about the way people were treating Cassel

MyManHali
04-27-2013, 08:23 PM
FACT Matt Cassel's first coach was One of the best in the history of the game Alex Smith got Mike Nolan. Again name me a QB who played well under Mike Nolan I have begged for this over and over. Coaching was a factor in Smith's early struggles. Also look at the talent around Cassel early and What Smith had early. Cassel had Randy Moss his first year playing in the NFL who did Smith have?

The fact is that Cassel and Smith have never been in the same situation. But Smith when he had good coaching did more then Cassel did when he had a good coach/OC.

And I have wondered that about 31 myself Last I knew he was very upset about the way people were treating Cassel

But even with a stacked team Smith still didn't throw for yards or touchdowns which means he finally found a coach that could mask his weaknesses. Harbaugh designed a simple system for Smith which was to complete short, conservative routes and hand the ball off to Gore the majority of the time. Had Alex Smith been capable you would of thought Harbaugh would turn him lose similar to what they did with Kaepernick, they had the same number of attempts but Kaepernick ran the read option 80 times. That was also Kaepernick's first real half of a year as a starter, and harbaugh STILL put the ball in his hands a lot more than Alex Smith.

matthewschiefs
04-27-2013, 08:38 PM
But even with a stacked team Smith still didn't throw for yards or touchdowns which means he finally found a coach that could mask his weaknesses. Harbaugh designed a simple system for Smith which was to complete short, conservative routes and hand the ball off to Gore the majority of the time. Had Alex Smith been capable you would of thought Harbaugh would turn him lose similar to what they did with Kaepernick, they had the same number of attempts but Kaepernick ran the read option 80 times. That was also Kaepernick's first real half of a year as a starter, and harbaugh STILL put the ball in his hands a lot more than Alex Smith.

Kaepernick was a much better fit for Harbaugh's system. That's not to say Alex is bad. Again the game he "got benched" in he was 18-19 232yards 3tds Alex was starting to adjust to Harbaugh's system some this past season he was throwing more 200 yards games more then before and was getting better before he got a concussion and with the new rules regarding concussions he had to sit out Kaepernick got hot. Its happened before sometimes the backup comes in gets hot keeps the job like Kaepernick did and it competley backfires on a team. Smith will no longer be in that system. Reid chose Smith to be his QB Harbaugh didn't there's a difference. Reid choseing Smith means he plans to build a system around Alex Smith. Smith was just there when Harbaugh came in. And at the time was the best option it's like when a team hires a GM. Chances are that GM is going to be makeing a coaching change. Or when a team gets a new owner chances are that owner brings in his own GM and coach. Same with coach. Harbaugh brought in his guy. That's not to say Smith is bad. Smith was still doing pretty well this year. Why ignore that? Does that mean he's going to do well in KC no. But it means there is something you can look at and say maybe this will work out.

MyManHali
04-27-2013, 08:48 PM
Kaepernick was a much better fit for Harbaugh's system. That's not to say Alex is bad. Again the game he "got benched" in he was 18-19 232yards 3tds Alex was starting to adjust to Harbaugh's system some this past season he was throwing more 200 yards games more then before and was getting better before he got a concussion and with the new rules regarding concussions he had to sit out Kaepernick got hot. Its happened before sometimes the backup comes in gets hot keeps the job like Kaepernick did and it competley backfires on a team. Smith will no longer be in that system. Reid chose Smith to be his QB Harbaugh didn't there's a difference. Reid choseing Smith means he plans to build a system around Alex Smith. Smith was just there when Harbaugh came in. And at the time was the best option it's like when a team hires a GM. Chances are that GM is going to be makeing a coaching change. Or when a team gets a new owner chances are that owner brings in his own GM and coach. Same with coach. Harbaugh brought in his guy. That's not to say Smith is bad. Smith was still doing pretty well this year. Why ignore that? Does that mean he's going to do well in KC no. But it means there is something you can look at and say maybe this will work out.

I don't ignore it, I admit he is a good game manager but he fails to throw for yards and touchdowns in every year that he has played including 2012. Breaking the 200 yard mark shouldn't be a goal or accomplishment for a quarterback, but it is for Smith.

nigeriannightmare
04-27-2013, 09:56 PM

i don't know what 49ers "stacked" offensive unit you are talking about. They were a running team. Look at the receivers on his first couple teams. Stacked is an extraordinary stretch. This was the first year they had a decent unit. Now next year San Fran is stacked.

Subversion
04-27-2013, 10:13 PM
Hali and Matthews, you are both making very good points. I've actually enjoyed reading your debate throughout the season. If my train of thought leans toward one side of the other in (Smith is not the answer) or (Smith hasn't had time and he has great potential) I would have to side with Hali for these reasons.

I understand Hali's point that Smith might not be the answer (He probably isn't IMO). In my own words I view Smith as a guy who IS similar to Cassel in quarterback play. Yes, Smith is a better athlete overall than what Cassel is but how they operate in a game is so similar it's scary. Neither have very strong arms and when they have their "good" games it was because they managed the game perfectly. My concern is that there hasn't been a game manager type of quarterback that has won the superbowl since...Trent Dilfer and before that... The point of rooting for our Chiefs is the hope that they can win a superbowl. There is a STRONG trend that you NEED that strong armed, smart decision making, big play making quarterback to succeed in the league now. It's an air it out league and when your ceiling is around 3500 yards and 20 TD's you won't crack the top 3/4 of the league in quarterback play. Chiefs are due/NEED a qb that can consistently go off for 300 yards and throw 3-4 TD's some weeks. Having a high completion percentage and throwing for 200 yards with 2 TD's leaves ZERO room for error on offense and defense. The big play making ability just isn't there. To compete against the Patriots/Broncos or other high offensive teams we need to have a new school type of offense.

Subversion
04-27-2013, 10:21 PM
This will be my optimistic post to back up Matthews.

I agree with you that when Smith had some consistency he started to excel. The way Smith's quarterback play excels still isn't what the majority of successful NFL teams are currently looking for. I do like the new regime and think that Andy Reid can work wonders with quarterbacks. I do worry that Reid might get to throw happy when Smith starts a game 8/8 with 75 yards and abandon the run game (It is his MO). That will put the burden on Smith's shoulders to never make a mistake, if you make a mistake as a game manager type of QB it is very hard to win. Smith was our best option this year, he can run a little, and can lead us to more victories than Cassel. Smith can be a greater leader, he's been at the bottom of the barrel in the NFL and showed that he can play his type of game if given the chance. I don't think we'll ever win a Superbowl under Smith and I really question us getting a playoff win under him as well. He will give us the best chance during the regular season but if nothing develops I'm going to HATE to see the STUDS leave just like Tony G had to do to be successful deeper in the playoffs. We have a very talented team, I don't want to see it wasted on a qb that doesn't have a high enough ceiling. I DO trust Reid though, he's very sneaky with quarterbacks!

Matthews, I understand why you defend Cassel but I think that it was his fault that he lost the team. Poor quarterback play and bad leadership, I wouldn't be giving it 100% either. Others played bad around him but when QB's have that issue, it kills morale.

Subversion
04-27-2013, 10:23 PM
I also have concern on how Smith utilizes his wideouts. He is good at throwing to his TE's (Vernon Davis) but isn't it strange how Crabtree emerged once Kaepernick took over? Just some food for thought.

matthewschiefs
04-27-2013, 10:43 PM
i don't know what 49ers "stacked" offensive unit you are talking about. They were a running team. Look at the receivers on his first couple teams. Stacked is an extraordinary stretch. This was the first year they had a decent unit. Now next year San Fran is stacked.

THIS I mean Arnaz Battel? Really? That's stacked. That played a role in the stuggles of Alex Smith. Matt Cassels first year starting he had Randy Moss Wes Welker tell me that's fair to judge the two against each other.

Matthews, I understand why you defend Cassel but I think that it was his fault that he lost the team. Poor quarterback play and bad leadership, I wouldn't be giving it 100% either. Others played bad around him but when QB's have that issue, it kills morale.

Cassel no doubt should have taken a lot of blame I myself blamed him alot for his struggles My defense was when the Defense sucks you can't say "if we had a qb we would have won" That D sucked big time in a number of games last year. Just go back and watch the Tampa game. Those same high passes that people said couldn't be caught were caught and ran to the house. Cassel was no doubt a big reason we struggled. But like I once said It's like going to the doctor you here you have a sprained ankle but you also have cancer. Cassel was the sprained Ankle he really limited our progress Couching was the cancer. To many ignored that last season and just blamed the QBS. It was not just the QBs. But the QBs do take there fair share of blame in that.

I also have concern on how Smith utilizes his wideouts. He is good at throwing to his TE's (Vernon Davis) but isn't it strange how Crabtree emerged once Kaepernick took over? Just some food for thought.

Crabtree did seem to get better with Kaepernick and that is a vaild concern but it also could have just been Crabtree being a young player who was starting to gel in the NFL we will see which this year.

As for the back and forth with My man like I have said it's more of how he goes about posting his messages then the content of his message. He has twisted facts and made his opinion sound like fact. Case in point the Eli thing He made it seem like the Giants drafted Eli they did not. He only has talked the negitive when it comes to Alex. And gone on and on about the great Geno Smith and how this team was so stupid for not taking him number 1 overall. And talked like he was clearly an upgrade from Alex Smith. Geno might very well play out to be better but there's nothing to say that he is already. I get the concern about Alex I just don't get the judgeing him as a Chief before he plays 1 snap

70 chiefsfan70
04-27-2013, 11:08 PM
I believe Alex was our best "win right now" qb. He is in his tenth year and has taken a ton of nasty hits. I dont see him being much inpact after two years with the chiefs.

Cassel and A Smith both played behind terrible OLs. The real difference is thru time Cassel lost all confidence and thru time A Smith gained all confidence. Alex is confindent and that is contagious and wins games.

texaschief
04-27-2013, 11:24 PM
I believe Alex was our best "win right now" qb.

THIS... THIS... AND SOME MORE OF THIS.

Bottom line is that the Chiefs went out and got the best QB available on this year's market. Complaining that the Chiefs didn't get a "franchise QB" is the same as complaining that about someone not bringing Champaign when all there was at the store was sparkling wine. Alex Smith may not fulfill all your QB dreams, but he was the best available QB heading into 2013. I'm glad our guys went out and got him and I'm ESPECIALLY glad they didn't buy into the Geno hype.

slc chief
04-28-2013, 12:44 PM
I judged Alex by his numbers and past performance. He has been in the NFL for 7 seasons. That seems to indicate his ceiling. That isn't fair? Smith has ran the same offense Andy Reid runs and Geno is a rookie.

smith ran the same offense that reid does for 2 years. guess what. he tore it up both years quit your whining

MyManHali
04-28-2013, 01:01 PM
smith ran the same offense that reid does for 2 years. guess what. he tore it up both years quit your whining

You call averaging 196 yards per game and a 17 td year "tearing it up?"

slc chief
04-28-2013, 01:24 PM

no i call a qbr rating of 104 with 13 td's and 5 ints in 10 games tearing it up. let alone the checkdowns and smarts he has to put his football team in a position to win. get over it alex smith is a chief. if your a real chief fan you would at least give the guy a chance and watch the 2013 season playout before you get on the internet every day to complain about it. your persistant i will give you that. but every body said flacco could not win a championship look what happend.the bottomline is. a team will get you superbowls. to many fans try to compare the real game to fantasy football. put together a good team and good coaches get some continuity and bam back on top. chiefs are on there way

IowaChief
04-28-2013, 01:48 PM
MyManHali - I am new to this site and have spent the last 45 minutes or so reading your post. I have come to this conclusions: 1. If you are married, your wife is looking for a way out. 2. You have been at the same job for 10 years and can't understand why you aren't being promoted and complain about your boss and company non-stop. 3. When Jamaal Charles runs for 197 yds. you can't believe he didn't get 200 and go into an analysis on where the break downs were offensively. 4. You won the Missouri Lottery and received an after tax check of 3.8 million and spent weeks telling your family and perceived friends that you can't believe you didn't win it 3 weeks previous when it was over $10 million. 5. You think you have a friends that you hang with, but actually, most of them say, "MyManHali is coming over, crap!". My comment to you, "lighten up Francis".

MyManHali
04-28-2013, 03:28 PM
MyManHali - I am new to this site and have spent the last 45 minutes or so reading your post. I have come to this conclusions: 1. If you are married, your wife is looking for a way out. 2. You have been at the same job for 10 years and can't understand why you aren't being promoted and complain about your boss and company non-stop. 3. When Jamaal Charles runs for 197 yds. you can't believe he didn't get 200 and go into an analysis on where the break downs were offensively. 4. You won the Missouri Lottery and received an after tax check of 3.8 million and spent weeks telling your family and perceived friends that you can't believe you didn't win it 3 weeks previous when it was over $10 million. 5. You think you have a friends that you hang with, but actually, most of them say, "MyManHali is coming over, crap!". My comment to you, "lighten up Francis".

lol, excellent post.

MyManHali
04-28-2013, 03:34 PM
no i call a qbr rating of 104 with 13 td's and 5 ints in 10 games tearing it up. let alone the checkdowns and smarts he has to put his football team in a position to win. get over it alex smith is a chief. if your a real chief fan you would at least give the guy a chance and watch the 2013 season playout before you get on the internet every day to complain about it. your persistant i will give you that. but every body said flacco could not win a championship look what happend.the bottomline is. a team will get you superbowls. to many fans try to compare the real game to fantasy football. put together a good team and good coaches get some continuity and bam back on top. chiefs are on there way

I consider his 1.5 seasons productive but in no way did he "tear it up." Alex smith has had one 300 yard passing game in 1.5 seasons, flacco has had 5 just this past year. It's easy to look good when you hide behind an elite running game and don't throw the ball.

matthewschiefs
04-28-2013, 03:53 PM
I consider his 1.5 seasons productive but in no way did he "tear it up." Alex smith has had one 300 yard passing game in 1.5 seasons, flacco has had 5 just this past year. It's easy to look good when you hide behind an elite running game and don't throw the ball.

UMMMMMMMMMMMM doesn't Flacco have Ray Rice. This is the problem with you. You go to EXTREMES to downgrade what Alex did and twist facts to make everyone else look so much better. Geno Smith had one of the best WRS in all college football last year yet you PRAISE him like he did it all alone. Seriously stop to be critical is one thing to go to the extremes to bash a guy is anther

MyManHali
04-28-2013, 04:26 PM
UMMMMMMMMMMMM doesn't Flacco have Ray Rice. This is the problem with you. You go to EXTREMES to downgrade what Alex did and twist facts to make everyone else look so much better. Geno Smith had one of the best WRS in all college football last year yet you PRAISE him like he did it all alone. Seriously stop to be critical is one thing to go to the extremes to bash a guy is anther

I am not twisting anything, last year Baltimore was more of a vertical offense, SF was not with Smith. Flacco averaged 33 attempts per game, Smith 21. I stand by my statement, Smith hid behind a successful running game and did not throw very much.

matthewschiefs
04-28-2013, 04:36 PM
I am not twisting anything, last year Baltimore was pass heavy, SF was not with Smith.

You twist things by making it sound like the QBS you bring up didn't have help. Flacco Didn't have Ray Rice, Torrey Smith,Boldin last year? The only 2 people I have ever heard you mention the talent around them are Cassel and Smith trying to make excuses for why they did well. You made it seem like the Giants got Eli "through the draft" they traded for him using draft picks we did the same for Smith did we get Smith through the draft? You want to compare Smith and Cassel's early numbers but not once have you acknowledged Cassel early in his career was in a much better postion. His first year he had One of the best coaches ever in Bill Belichick He had Randy Moss and Wes Welker to throw to. What did Smith have Mike Nolan coaching and Arnaz Battel to throw to. Tell me that's fair to compare. How convent for you to not mention those facts.

slc chief
04-28-2013, 05:34 PM
I am not twisting anything, last year Baltimore was more of a vertical offense, SF was not with Smith. Flacco averaged 33 attempts per game, Smith 21. I stand by my statement, Smith hid behind a successful running game and did not throw very much.

funny how you throw the 104 qbr rating right out the window

matthewschiefs
04-28-2013, 06:03 PM

but yet Geno Smith flips the ball to the guy beside him who then runs for 60 yards and Geno's a can't miss qb lol

MyManHali
04-28-2013, 08:37 PM
You twist things by making it sound like the QBS you bring up didn't have help. Flacco Didn't have Ray Rice, Torrey Smith,Boldin last year? The only 2 people I have ever heard you mention the talent around them are Cassel and Smith trying to make excuses for why they did well. You made it seem like the Giants got Eli "through the draft" they traded for him using draft picks we did the same for Smith did we get Smith through the draft? You want to compare Smith and Cassel's early numbers but not once have you acknowledged Cassel early in his career was in a much better postion. His first year he had One of the best coaches ever in Bill Belichick He had Randy Moss and Wes Welker to throw to. What did Smith have Mike Nolan coaching and Arnaz Battel to throw to. Tell me that's fair to compare. How convent for you to not mention those facts.

Both SF and Balt have talent, yes. Why can't you explain why Alex Smith hid behind a good running game and only averaged 21 attempts per game? Baltimore went to more of a vertical offense last year. Why is this?

I was talking about his 2012 year not when he was playing under Nolan or Singletary. Since everyone wants to ignore those years and focus on the Harbaugh years we can discuss those. We were talking about Alex Smith hiding behind a running game and didn't attempt a lot of passes last season, why did you start talking about everything else besides that?

matthewschiefs
04-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Both SF and Balt have talent, yes. Why can't you explain why Alex Smith hid behind a good running game and only averaged 21 attempts per game? Baltimore went to more of a vertical offense last year. Why is this?

I was talking about his 2012 year not when he was playing under Nolan or Singletary. Since everyone wants to ignore those years and focus on the Harbaugh years we can discuss those. We were talking about Alex Smith hiding behind a running game and didn't attempt a lot of passes last season, why did you start talking about everything else besides that?

So I guess Troy Aikman Hid behind Emmit Smith? GEEEE a team has a good RB and they used him. SHOCKER THERE

You make it sound like they threw so much more with Kapernick he threw over 30 times twice 1 was a OT game so there were more snaps to take 1 they were down huge and had to throw to try to get back in it. So was Kapernick "hideing behind there running game"? Smith behind the same talent had a better QB rating then Kapernick 104 to 98 You have made it sound like Kapernick came in and was much better then Smith he wasn't

LOL i show things you can't answer so you just ask why i brought it up

But to answer your question I was showing how you twist facts about your opinions. You asked how you were twisting facts I showed you. You say that Smith only did well with a STACKED team. Well Flacco had a stacked team. Does he suck to? Facts twisted. You said The Giants got Eli through the draft they used draft picks to trade for him just like we did for Smith Facts twisted. You time and time again have said that Smith's and Cassel's numbers were simular but yet never mention how much better of a situation Cassel was in early then Smith Facts twisted. Unless you can tell me that Playing for Mike Nolan and having Arnaz Battel and Brandon Lloyd to throw to is as good as playing under Bill Belichick and throwing to Randy Moss and Wes Welker again FACTS TWISTED.

slc chief
04-28-2013, 08:51 PM
and with a qb rating of 104 means he made just about every pass atempt count what dont you get about that. smith knows how to keep the chains moving and get first downs. knows how to change plays up dependant on certain defenses. has anyone on here called him a drew brees or said he is a qb that puts up gotty numbers. further more look what brees did last year without proper coaching... quit your WHINING

MyManHali
04-28-2013, 08:53 PM

I have not ruled out any kind of rating, I have acknowledged that and that is why I admit he is a good game manager. He makes safe throws in the appropriate situations.

His TD percentage is below average. His ability to throw down the field is below average. His pocket presence is terrible. He is sacked an ungodly amount of times, he sucks at converting third downs and he is hurt every 10 seconds.

He's just an average quarterback and our gm just traded 2 possible second round picks or another third for him. He's average, accept it.

MyManHali
04-28-2013, 08:57 PM
So I guess Troy Aikman Hid behind Emmit Smith? GEEEE a team has a good RB and they used him. SHOCKER THERE

You make it sound like they threw so much more with Kapernick he threw over 30 times twice 1 was a OT game so there were more snaps to take 1 they were down huge and had to throw to try to get back in it. So was Kapernick "hideing behind there running game"? Smith behind the same talent had a better QB rating then Kapernick 104 to 98 You have made it sound like Kapernick came in and was much better then Smith he wasn't

LOL i show things you can't answer so you just ask why i brought it up

But to answer your question I was showing how you twist facts about your opinions. You asked how you were twisting facts I showed you. You say that Smith only did well with a STACKED team. Well Flacco had a stacked team. Does he suck to? Facts twisted. You said The Giants got Eli through the draft they used draft picks to trade for him just like we did for Smith Facts twisted. You time and time again have said that Smith's and Cassel's numbers were simular but yet never mention how much better of a situation Cassel was in early then Smith Facts twisted. Unless you can tell me that Playing for Mike Nolan and having Arnaz Battel and Brandon Lloyd to throw to is as good as playing under Bill Belichick and throwing to Randy Moss and Wes Welker again FACTS TWISTED.

Kaepernick had 80 rushing attempts which means he ran the read option A TON.

Ok let's ignore everyone else for a second and focus on Alex Smith. Smith has a stacked team as well, why doesn't he have more attempts? More yards? More touchdown passes? Better third down conversion percentage? Why does he have More sacks?

matthewschiefs
04-28-2013, 09:09 PM
Kaepernick had 80 rushing attempts which means he ran the read option A TON.

Ok let's ignore everyone else for a second and focus on Alex Smith. Smith has a stacked team as well, why doesn't he have more attempts? More yards? More touchdown passes? Better third down conversion percentage? Why does he have More sacks?

Don't you think if the niners didn't have a rb as good as Gore he would have throw more and put up bigger numbers . They have a good RB they use him. WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND. It's like asking why we would use Charles HE'S GOOD. Just because a team has a good RB doesn't mean the QB sucks it means they have a good RB. It's not hard. Kapernick didn't throw any more then Smith did. He ran more but he's built more to run then Smith is. There're not the same type of QB. So was Kapernick "hideing behind the running game" No he and Gore were able to run the ball well and they did it. SHOCKER THERE

Coach
04-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Folks, please stop letting MMH bait you into arguments. His intentions are fairly obvious. Most people that hate the Chiefs as much as him are called Bronco or Raider fans. Let's move on to something constructive. MMH hates Alex Smith and loves Geno Smith. Time will tell who wins more games next year. If Alex Smith sucks next year, MMH will be pounding his chest. If Alex has a great year, he will be telling everyone how Geno still could have done better.

#pointless

MyManHali
04-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Folks, please stop letting MMH bait you into arguments. His intentions are fairly obvious. Most people that hate the Chiefs as much as him are called Bronco or Raider fans. Let's move on to something constructive. MMH hates Alex Smith and loves Geno Smith. Time will tell who wins more games next year. If Alex Smith sucks next year, MMH will be pounding his chest. If Alex has a great year, he will be telling everyone how Geno still could have done better.

#pointless

No, I am past the Geno thing, we have no chance of getting him so I am not focusing on it. I do have some serious questions about Alex Smith that no one can seem to answer.

matthewschiefs
04-28-2013, 09:20 PM
No, I am past the Geno thing, we have no chance of getting him so I am not focusing on it. I do have some serious questions about Alex Smith that no one can seem to answer.

Its been answered but no answer is going to be good enough for you. You can't seem to understand why a team would use a good RB. I guess Any QB who has ever had a good RB "hid behind the Running game"

nigeriannightmare
04-28-2013, 09:21 PM

Okay mister San Fran's stacked defense and offense provide a shield for Alex smith. How is it that after 2010 season the San Francisco dominating defense is ranked 20th in total defense and the offense is ranked 28tb. The next season they are a muffed punt away from the Super Bowl.

Could you agree coaching would have something to do with that turn around?

matthewschiefs
04-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Okay mister San Fran's stacked defense and offense provide a shield for Alex smith. How is it that after 2010 season the San Francisco dominating defense is ranked 20th in total defense and the offense is ranked 28tb. The next season they are a muffed punt away from the Super Bowl.

Could you agree coaching would have something to do with that turn around?

Oh come on there coaching is still horrible I mean they have a good RB like Gore and use him. How stupid is that LOL

texaschief
04-28-2013, 09:36 PM

#pointless

You know, there's a REAL easy way to fix this, site owner. lol

Coach
04-28-2013, 09:38 PM
You know, there's a REAL easy way to fix this, site owner. lol

I like differing viewpoints, but it's become pointless and annoying. He thinks Alex Smith sucks, we get it. Move on, there is nothing to see here.

nigeriannightmare
04-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Oh come on there coaching is still horrible I mean they have a good RB like Gore and use him. How stupid is that LOL

You should read his analysis on chiefs planet if you can believe it he spews more garbage than he does here.

texaschief
04-28-2013, 09:41 PM
I like differing viewpoints, but it's become pointless and annoying. He thinks Alex Smith sucks, we get it. Move on, there is nothing to see here.

But that's the whole point. He hijacks EVERY THREAD by voicing how horrible HE thinks Alex Smith is. It's not just this thread. "Differing view points" is one thing. pasting that view point and killing EVERY THREAD with it, is quite another.

Coach
04-28-2013, 09:48 PM
But that's the whole point. He hijacks EVERY THREAD by voicing how horrible HE thinks Alex Smith is. It's not just this thread. "Differing view points" is one thing. pasting that view point and killing EVERY THREAD with it, is quite another.

Noted, and agreed.

matthewschiefs
04-28-2013, 09:59 PM
I myself should really think my man I can't tell you how many times I've been sitting at work in a dead store and had nothing to do then come on here and can at least pass some time trying to talk some sense into him. I fail at it but at least it passes some time LOL

chiefnut
04-28-2013, 10:29 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! DOGGGGINNNNS!!!!! fellers twelve pages of useless jibber jabber! geno vs alex, ya just gotta wait ta see wha happens after the season gets a goin dont yer kno. just a like tryin to grade ole dorsy and reid with them thar fellers they done took yonder in the draft. how ya gonta kno iffin theys any good tills they be a gettin on that thar field and commence to bashin in to one t'other. lets jest all go to yar corners and come out fighten sometime in the fall, les say bout game 4 or 5, whad ya say?

slc chief
04-28-2013, 10:34 PM

i 100% agree dilutes this website in a bad way

MyManHali
04-29-2013, 10:30 AM
I myself should really think my man I can't tell you how many times I've been sitting at work in a dead store and had nothing to do then come on here and can at least pass some time trying to talk some sense into him. I fail at it but at least it passes some time LOL

Haha same man, 90% of the time when I post I am at work.

MyManHali
04-29-2013, 10:35 AM

Lately I have only posted in 2 threads, this one which is about the quarterback position and the draft thread which I talked primarily about the draft. I had a couple of posts early in the thread about Smith/Geno but that was it.

IowaChief
04-29-2013, 11:58 AM

I repeat, MyManHali is the crazy uncle or cousin that every family has...

MyManHali
04-29-2013, 12:39 PM
I repeat, MyManHali is the crazy uncle or cousin that every family has...

Who was right about the previous regime for the past 2 seasons when no one else wanted to hear it.

Seek
04-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Who was right about the previous regime for the past 2 seasons when no one else wanted to hear it.

What kind of fan takes pride in their teams failure. As suggested you will go to the ingore list after this. I am assuming by the ways things have not gone to your liking. You are predicting failure again with Reid. And while you are at it, the franchise is eternally doomed until they hire you. Just for the record, I was highly against Herm Edwards as HC, I even supported Hailey, and hated hiring Romeo knowing it was short term even if it was a success. I am not to found of retreading Reid now as historically being successful again is difficult, but it is what it is and instead of constantly trying to get people to form a mutiny against my team, my job or my country, you support it with hopes it succeeds or it already failed. If it does fail you then learn from those problems and fix it next time.

I have twice now cancelled my season tickets because I hated the direction the franchise was going and could not spend the time or money going. I did not renew again with Reid, but I refuse to take pride in being right when the team failed. I on the other hand can man up when I was wrong.

Chiefster
04-29-2013, 01:33 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! DOGGGGINNNNS!!!!! fellers twelve pages of useless jibber jabber! geno vs alex, ya just gotta wait ta see wha happens after the season gets a goin dont yer kno. just a like tryin to grade ole dorsy and reid with them thar fellers they done took yonder in the draft. how ya gonta kno iffin theys any good tills they be a gettin on that thar field and commence to bashin in to one t'other. lets jest all go to yar corners and come out fighten sometime in the fall, les say bout game 4 or 5, whad ya say?

You're that person all the local news media goes to in order to describe the tornado, right? :lol:

Chiefster
04-29-2013, 01:37 PM
What kind of fan takes pride in their teams failure. As suggested you will go to the ingore list after this. I am assuming by the ways things have not gone to your liking. You are predicting failure again with Reid. And while you are at it, the franchise is eternally doomed until they hire you. Just for the record, I was highly against Herm Edwards as HC, I even supported Hailey, and hated hiring Romeo knowing it was short term even if it was a success. I am not to found of retreading Reid now as historically being successful again is difficult, but it is what it is and instead of constantly trying to get people to form a mutiny against my team, my job or my country, you support it with hopes it succeeds or it already failed. If it does fail you then learn from those problems and fix it next time.

I have twice now cancelled my season tickets because I hated the direction the franchise was going and could not spend the time or money going. I did not renew again with Reid, but I refuse to take pride in being right when the team failed. I on the other hand can man up when I was wrong.

...This, and rep!

doobs_05
04-29-2013, 01:50 PM
I enjoy MyMan's post. I don't see why we can't question Alex smith. Season starts, pretty sure everyone that's questioning him won't be rooting against him. I dis liked Cassel but i wasn't hoping he continue to suck. Alex has shown better stats the past 2 years but at the same time he has those first years that were bad. Doesn't matter what happens, he sucks his first game, someone will make a post of I told you so, he does good we'll see a post that says I told you so.

Chiefster
04-29-2013, 01:57 PM
I enjoy MyMan's post. I don't see why we can't question Alex smith. Season starts, pretty sure everyone that's questioning him won't be rooting against him. I dis liked Cassel but i wasn't hoping he continue to suck. Alex has shown better stats the past 2 years but at the same time he has those first years that were bad. Doesn't matter what happens, he sucks his first game, someone will make a post of I told you so, he does good we'll see a post that says I told you so.

Good point!

doobs_05
04-29-2013, 01:57 PM
Also this really remind me when Tyler Thigpen came in and people were trying to make a case that he should come back and be our starter because he did better then Big Ben.......i have to admit even those we only won like 2-4 games that year, i had fun but that was probably because i was a bar with a lot of friends

doobs_05
04-29-2013, 01:58 PM
Good point!

And chiefscrowd blows up if he does average and we tie that game with Alex getting us to overtime but blowing it to win overtime

Chiefster
04-29-2013, 02:00 PM
And chiefscrowd blows up if he does average and we tie that game with Alex getting us to overtime but blowing it to win overtime

:lol: ...Hadn't thought of that scenario.

matthewschiefs
04-29-2013, 02:50 PM

There's nothing wrong with Questioning Alex Smith. But Myman has gone WAY past that. There are threads that have nothing to do without the QB situation that he comes on bashing Alex Smith. Like last week a thread regarding Brandon Albert. There he was bashing Alex Smith. He claims that the questions he has asked have never been answered when they have such as why he didn't throw much well he had a good rb and they used him. He has never acknowledged that answer he just says it hasn't been answered. I have asked him to name one QB that played well under Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary he ignores that over and over again. It's one thing to have a discussion it's anther to do what he does. Making the same post over and over again. Going on and on about it. I myself have questioned Alex Smith I have stated that I think we paid to much for him. People disagreed with me on that. But the difference is I have gone on and on about it for months. I stated my opinion and let it go. That's why Myman gets the reaction he does. He has been acting like a spoiled child who didn't get his way (us drafting Geno) at some point you just have to let it go My man has failed to do so.

doobs_05
04-29-2013, 04:24 PM
http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/alexcassel.gif

saw it in another thread (was posted because they were talking about tebow gifs that were posted)

nigeriannightmare
04-29-2013, 08:52 PM
Peyton's INT against Baltimore was worse than throw.

Coach
04-29-2013, 09:19 PM
For those of you that have had enough of MyManHali, you can easily ignore him by clicking this link.

Click here to ignore posts from MyManHali (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=5142)

texaschief
04-29-2013, 10:14 PM
For those of you that have had enough of MyManHali, you can easily ignore him by clicking this link.

Click here to ignore posts from MyManHali (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=5142)

And let him go on spewing miss truths and misrepresentations of what this forum ACTUALLY is?

Pass.

nigeriannightmare
04-29-2013, 10:29 PM
There's nothing wrong with Questioning Alex Smith. But Myman has gone WAY past that. There are threads that have nothing to do without the QB situation that he comes on bashing Alex Smith. Like last week a thread regarding Brandon Albert. There he was bashing Alex Smith. He claims that the questions he has asked have never been answered when they have such as why he didn't throw much well he had a good rb and they used him. He has never acknowledged that answer he just says it hasn't been answered. I have asked him to name one QB that played well under Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary he ignores that over and over again. It's one thing to have a discussion it's anther to do what he does. Making the same post over and over again. Going on and on about it. I myself have questioned Alex Smith I have stated that I think we paid to much for him. People disagreed with me on that. But the difference is I have gone on and on about it for months. I stated my opinion and let it go. That's why Myman gets the reaction he does. He has been acting like a spoiled child who didn't get his way (us drafting Geno) at some point you just have to let it go My man has failed to do so.

Better yet name one of his stud WRs that Alex had on his "stacked" team.

MyManHali
05-01-2013, 07:57 PM

I always support the team, the difference is I want what's best for the franchise. I am sick of the rinse, wash and repeat actions this franchise does with every new regime. Look at my posts when Reid and Dorsey were hired, I was thrilled! The sad thing is this regime is STARTING OFF EXACTLY like the last, the comparisons so far are beyond comprehension. The problem is we never learn from our mistakes, if we did there would be some type of change, there never is. I will man up when I am wrong, if Alex Smith comes here and is top 10 in ypg, rating and touchdowns I will leave the board forever. Sadly, I don't see that happening.

MyManHali
05-01-2013, 07:59 PM

Thank you.

MyManHali
05-01-2013, 08:03 PM

That would be tapping out.

matthewschiefs
05-01-2013, 08:26 PM
I always support the team, the difference is I want what's best for the franchise. I am sick of the rinse, wash and repeat actions this franchise does with every new regime. Look at my posts when Reid and Dorsey were hired, I was thrilled! The sad thing is this regime is STARTING OFF EXACTLY like the last, the comparisons so far are beyond comprehension. The problem is we never learn from our mistakes, if we did there would be some type of change, there never is. I will man up when I am wrong, if Alex Smith comes here and is top 10 in ypg, rating and touchdowns I will leave the board forever. Sadly, I don't see that happening.

When did Pioli trade for Alex Smith?

If you compare the QBs traded for just by the numbers sure they are very comparable. BUT you CAN'T IGNORE the situation they were in.

Cassel 1st year playing Bill Belchick coaching Randy Moss Wel Welker to throw to.
Smith Mike Nolan coaching Arnaz Battle Brandon Lloyd to throw to.
Tell me theres 1 qb out there who would prefer Smith's situation to Cassel's there

Cassel moved on to play in KC had Haily as coach D Bowe to throw to
Smith got Mike Singletary as coach had Vernon Davis to throw to who Singletary sent off the field and went on a rant on how you cant win with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB5-yJM3vJc

When Smith got a good head coach he did took a team farther then Matt Cassel ever did

THIS IS FAR From starting the same

doobs_05
05-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Smith did have Vernon Davis to throw to (pre and post being a stud).

We can all agree on this, at least our QB didn't cause the greatest thing to ever happen in the NFL (for all the wrong reasons)

http://notsportscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Buttfumble.gif (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=buttfumble+gif&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=b_7aM0NQZciSVM&tbnid=sNrZU-NZ6lxhjM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnotsportscenter.com%2Fgifparadise %2Fbuttfumble%2F&ei=M7-BUePsEunFyAG004E4&bvm=bv.45921128,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNH0m4eb6O8YCefUmxh05Zv5AXh24Q&ust=1367543981682093)

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2012/11/sanchizefumble.gif (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=buttfumble+gif&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=ZAkLXsoN3UR5HM&tbnid=dPNZSrQFuXohxM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2F2012%2F11%2F28%2Fm ark-sanchez-breaks-silence-over-butt-fumble-incident%2F&ei=Tb-BUYuOKMbDygHz5YHABg&bvm=bv.45921128,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNH0m4eb6O8YCefUmxh05Zv5AXh24Q&ust=1367543981682093)

MyManHali
05-01-2013, 11:11 PM
When did Pioli trade for Alex Smith?

If you compare the QBs traded for just by the numbers sure they are very comparable. BUT you CAN'T IGNORE the situation they were in.

Cassel 1st year playing Bill Belchick coaching Randy Moss Wel Welker to throw to.
Smith Mike Nolan coaching Arnaz Battle Brandon Lloyd to throw to.
Tell me theres 1 qb out there who would prefer Smith's situation to Cassel's there

Cassel moved on to play in KC had Haily as coach D Bowe to throw to
Smith got Mike Singletary as coach had Vernon Davis to throw to who Singletary sent off the field and went on a rant on how you cant win with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB5-yJM3vJc

When Smith got a good head coach he did took a team farther then Matt Cassel ever did

THIS IS FAR From starting the same

This regime is similar to the last one, this is a previous post I made back in March.

In 2009, we traded the 34th overall pick for a game manager QB with a limited skillset.

In 2013, we traded the 34th overall pick for a game manager QB with a limited skillset.

In 2009, we wasted the 3rd overall pick on a valueless postion.

In 2013, we're likely going to waste the only #1 overall pick we've ever had on a valueless position. (RT)

In 2009, we signed a bunch of "low-B" and "C" tier FA's while difference makers went to other teams.

In 2013, we've signed a bunch of "low-B" and "C" tier FA's and not a single difference maker.

MyManHali
05-01-2013, 11:18 PM
I will admit that Alex Smith didn't have great coaching the pre-harbaugh days, but even with tremendous coaching with Harbaugh and a stacked team he still has huge question marks. No matter what coach his averages in ypg, attempts per game, qb sacks, 3rd down %, just absolutely awful. Never did he average better than 25th in third down percentage and his health is a concern. I have not felt good about this since the start.

matthewschiefs
05-01-2013, 11:24 PM
This regime is similar to the last one, this is a previous post I made back in March.

In 2009, we traded the 34th overall pick for a game manager QB with a limited skillset.

In 2013, we traded the 34th overall pick for a game manager QB with a limited skillset.

In 2009, we wasted the 3rd overall pick on a valueless postion.

In 2013, we're likely going to waste the only #1 overall pick we've ever had on a valueless position. (RT)

In 2009, we signed a bunch of "low-B" and "C" tier FA's while difference makers went to other teams.

In 2013, we've signed a bunch of "low-B" and "C" tier FA's and not a single difference maker.

Now you're saying o line is valueless LOL

Did you not see our o line last year at the end. 10 sacks in 2 games given up WE NEEDED O LINE HELP AND GOT IT. How is that valueless?

And getting b and c guys isn't always bad have you not seen the "dream team" Eagles? How about all the money Dallas spent in the uncapped year loading up on free agents. How did that work out for them?

MyManHali
05-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Now you're saying o line is valueless LOL

Did you not see our o line last year at the end. 10 sacks in 2 games given up WE NEEDED O LINE HELP AND GOT IT. How is that valueless?

And getting b and c guys isn't always bad have you not seen the "dream team" Eagles? How about all the money Dallas spent in the uncapped year loading up on free agents. How did that work out for them?

If Albert stays it is. It's valueless because you are spending the number 1 pick in the ENTIRE draft on a right tackle. I believe we need interior line help, the tackle position is fine.

I'm not talking about loading your team with FA, but why not a difference maker here or there? The B and C FA didn't help us very much the past 4 seasons. I believe in building through the draft and it sounds like you and the rest of chiefs nation is as well, which is ironic considering most are for trading picks to get Alex Smith.

matthewschiefs
05-01-2013, 11:32 PM
I will admit that Alex Smith didn't have great coaching the pre-harbaugh days, but even with tremendous coaching with Harbaugh and a stacked team he still has huge question marks. No matter what coach his averages in ypg, attempts per game, qb sacks, 3rd down %, just absolutely awful. Never did he average better than 25th in third down percentage and his health is a concern. I have not felt good about this since the start.

The question has been asked My man what Stacked Recivers did he have? Michael crabtree Took some time to develop He was far from Stacked talent. The others wrs were Randy moss who is no where close to the talent he once was. Mario Manningham ok but Stacked talent ummmm that's a reach Delanie walker Really? Stacked? Kyle Williams is stacked?

You have made Collin kapernick out to be the one that saved them but when you look at there passing numbers Smith has the edge with the same talent. Even the yards per game that you go on and on about Looking at there QB numbers if you're going to talk about Kapernick being good QB numbers have Smith being better

MyManHali
05-01-2013, 11:42 PM
The question has been asked My man what Stacked Recivers did he have? Michael crabtree Took some time to develop He was far from Stacked talent. The others wrs were Randy moss who is no where close to the talent he once was. Mario Manningham ok but Stacked talent ummmm that's a reach Delanie walker Really? Stacked? Kyle Williams is stacked?

You have made Collin kapernick out to be the one that saved them but when you look at there passing numbers Smith has the edge with the same talent. Even the yards per game that you go on and on about Looking at there QB numbers if you're going to talk about Kapernick being good QB numbers have Smith being better

He had an elite TE, a good line, good core of WR and a top 5 running game. Top defense. What else do you want?

Kaepernick didn't have to throw, he could run the read option and turn a 5 yard play into a run for a td. His ypc was 6.5! He ran twice as much as Smith, just a far more dynamic quarterback.

matthewschiefs
05-01-2013, 11:43 PM
If Albert stays it is. It's valueless because you are spending the number 1 pick in the ENTIRE draft on a right tackle. I believe we need interior line help, the tackle position is fine.

I'm not talking about loading your team with FA, but why not a difference maker here or there? The B and C FA didn't help us very much the past 4 seasons. I believe in building through the draft and it sounds like you and the rest of chiefs nation is as well, which is ironic considering most are for trading picks to get Alex Smith.

UMMMMMM you do know that the starting RT from a year ago is gone right in Eric Winston? Thus creating a need at the Tackle spot. But ya Dorseys a real Dumba** for getting a replacement for someone who is no longer there. And the If Albert stays is a IF if he would leave and we didn't draft a OT we would be even more screwed.

I am for building through the draft. But this is not a team that needs to go into full rebuild there's alot of talent on the team. We got the best option at QB that was out there. Since this years QB class in the Draft was WEAK. We took the best option we could period.

matthewschiefs
05-01-2013, 11:45 PM
He had an elite TE, a good line, good core of WR and a top 5 running game. What else do you want?

Kaepernick didn't have to throw, he could run the read option and turn a 5 yard play into a run for a td. His ypc was 6.5! He ran twice as much as Smith, just a far more dynamic quarterback.

But why did he not have all the yards passing? Why didn't he throw for more TDs? Why did he hide behind the running?

This is fun LOL

MyManHali
05-01-2013, 11:49 PM
UMMMMMM you do know that the starting RT from a year ago is gone right in Eric Winston? Thus creating a need at the Tackle spot. But ya Dorseys a real Dumba** for getting a replacement for someone who is no longer there. And the If Albert stays is a IF if he would leave and we didn't draft a OT we would be even more screwed.

I am for building through the draft. But this is not a team that needs to go into full rebuild there's alot of talent on the team. We got the best option at QB that was out there. Since this years QB class in the Draft was WEAK. We took the best option we could period.

The argument was about value was it not? There is no value for a RT in the number 1 pick. Geoff Schwartz was signed to be our starting RT, he's only allowed four pressures in 84 pass blocks.

MyManHali
05-01-2013, 11:51 PM
But why did he not have all the yards passing? Why didn't he throw for more TDs? Why did he hide behind the running?

This is fun LOL

Good question, I don't know why he didn't throw for more yards, had more passing attempts and tds. You think he would of if Harbaugh believed he was capable, the fact that he didn't should tell us something. It tells us he is a game manager.

matthewschiefs
05-01-2013, 11:56 PM
The argument was about value was it not? There is no value for a RT in the number 1 pick. Geoff Schwartz was signed to be our starting RT, he's only allowed four pressures in 84 pass blocks.

He was brought in for a job that doesn't mean that will be the way it ends up. Adding Depth to this oline was a must for this team. If they didn't we would have a huge problem like we did at the end of the last season. The purpose of the draft is to imporve your team. That's what we did. And did you not see how the Tackles were moving off the board on draft night? I would say that would show value.

And you're not one that should be talking value you wanted Geno at number 1

matthewschiefs
05-01-2013, 11:57 PM
Good question, I don't know why he didn't throw for more yards, had more passing attempts and tds. You think he would of if Harbaugh believed he was capable, the fact that he didn't should tell us something. It tells us he is a game manager.

You do no I was talking about Kapernick there right. So he's a game manager now to?

MyManHali
05-02-2013, 12:10 AM
You do no I was talking about Kapernick there right. So he's a game manager now to?

I am not sure what makes Kaepernick a game manager to you. Kaepernick had 400 more yards more than Smith for the regular season and played in fewer games.

MyManHali
05-02-2013, 12:11 AM
He was brought in for a job that doesn't mean that will be the way it ends up. Adding Depth to this oline was a must for this team. If they didn't we would have a huge problem like we did at the end of the last season. The purpose of the draft is to imporve your team. That's what we did. And did you not see how the Tackles were moving off the board on draft night? I would say that would show value.

And you're not one that should be talking value you wanted Geno at number 1

Post draft you do have a point about Geno. However, atleast the number 1 pick would of fulfilled the most important position on the team, the quarterback position, not a RT.

matthewschiefs
05-02-2013, 12:14 AM
I am not sure what makes Kaepernick a game manager to you. Kaepernick had 400 more yards more than Smith for the regular season and played in fewer games.

Ummmm if by 400 you mean less then 100 sure you're right

Alex Smith 1737
Kapernick 1814

That's 400? Ok I must have failed math class lol

brdempsey69
05-02-2013, 12:14 AM

This is incorrect. Schwartz has said he prefers to play GUARD. And I'm sure Andy Reid saw both Chiefs Guards last year get flatbacked more than any other pair of Guards in the history of the game. Therefore, don't be surprised to see Schwartz starting at RG and don't be surprised to see Fisher starting at LEFT TACKLE.

MyManHali
05-02-2013, 12:18 AM
Ummmm if by 400 you mean less then 100 sure you're right

Alex Smith 1737
Kapernick 1814

That's 400? Ok I must have failed math class lol

Well, 360 yards. Include rushing yards as well.

MyManHali
05-02-2013, 12:20 AM
This is incorrect. Schwartz has said he prefers to play GUARD. And I'm sure Andy Reid saw both Chiefs Guards last year get flatbacked more than any other pair of Guards in the history of the game. Therefore, don't be surprised to see Schwartz starting at RG and don't be surprised to see Fisher starting at LEFT TACKLE.

He did play guard, but when we released Winston he was expected to step in at the RT position. He even said himself he could play tackle.

I highly doubt they move Branden Albert, but we are trading draft picks for game managers, CB for FB, Sean Smith starting at corner. Who in the hell knows.

matthewschiefs
05-02-2013, 12:23 AM
Post draft you do have a point about Geno. However, atleast the number 1 pick would of fulfilled the most important position on the team, the quarterback position, not a RT.

And don't you think there's a reason EVERYONE passed on these guys. The thing you have never been able to come to terms with is that this QB class was VERY WEAK. Other teams who needed a QB passed on them Multiple times. If there's not a QB there being worth the number 1 pick it would be stupid to pick that QB.

matthewschiefs
05-02-2013, 12:24 AM
Well, 360 yards. Include rushing yards as well.

I was talking passing numbers note I asked why he hide behind the running

brdempsey69
05-02-2013, 12:26 AM
He did play guard, but when we released Winston he was expected to step in at the RT position. He even said himself he could play tackle.

I highly doubt they move Branden Albert, but we are trading draft picks for game managers, CB for FB, Sean Smith starting at corner. Who in the hell knows.

No, he wasn't expected to play RT. I don't recall that being said anywhere. And I don't doubt for a minute that they move Albert, as Fisher is the superior talent at the LT position for the long term.

texaschief
05-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Looks like the character concerns most of us had about Geno were warranted:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/01/criticism-of-geno-smith-mounts-after-the-draft/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/01/criticism-of-geno-smith-mounts-after-the-draft/)

matthewschiefs
05-02-2013, 12:35 AM
Looks like the character concerns most of us had about Geno were warranted:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/01/criticism-of-geno-smith-mounts-after-the-draft/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/01/criticism-of-geno-smith-mounts-after-the-draft/)

The more I have seen from him the more I am glad we didn't take him. He might be the next Ryan leaf he has talent but when things go wrong he can't get over it and becomes a big baby.

MyManHali
05-02-2013, 12:52 AM
And don't you think there's a reason EVERYONE passed on these guys. The thing you have never been able to come to terms with is that this QB class was VERY WEAK. Other teams who needed a QB passed on them Multiple times. If there's not a QB there being worth the number 1 pick it would be stupid to pick that QB.

No, a stupid pick is drafting a non impact position with a top pick.

MyManHali
05-02-2013, 12:55 AM
I was talking passing numbers note I asked why he hide behind the running

The difference being the rushing play runs through kaep with the read option. His rushing average was more than Smith's ypa in a few of Smith's seasons, how sad is that?

matthewschiefs
05-02-2013, 12:57 AM

Strange NFL gms seem to disagree with that but I'm sure that doesn't matter you're so much smarter then Every gm in the nfl

texaschief
05-02-2013, 01:05 AM

The NFL is a QB driven league. The #1 overall pick should be reserved for QBs, guys who protect the QB, and guys who get after the QB. If you look at the draft, guys who get paid the most money, and the most important positions on the field, history absolutely supports that assertion. Not sure what you mean by "impact" position.

MyManHali
05-02-2013, 01:10 AM
Strange NFL gms seem to disagree with that but I'm sure that doesn't matter you're so much smarter then Every gm in the nfl

Really? Can you give me an example of when a GM seemed to favor a non impact position over an impact position with a top pick? For every example you could find I can find many more. Even top 3 picks. Most of them are qb's, LTs, DE, CB, RB. Not 3/4 DE, guard, RT etc... Whether they were successful or not remains but one thing is for sure, gm's do prefer impact positions versus non impact.

MyManHali
05-02-2013, 01:12 AM
The NFL is a QB driven league. The #1 overall pick should be reserved for QBs, guys who protect the QB, and guys who get after the QB. If you look at the draft, guys who get paid the most money, and the most important positions on the field, history absolutely supports that assertion. Not sure what you mean by "impact" position.

Well a LT not a RT

matthewschiefs
05-02-2013, 01:19 AM
Really? Can you give me an example of when a GM seemed to favor a non impact position over an impact position with a top pick? For every example you could find I can find many more. Even top 3 picks. Most of them are qb's, LTs, DE, CB, RB. Not 3/4 DE, guard, RT etc... Whether they were successful or not remains but one thing is for sure, gm's do prefer impact positions versus non impact.

Ummmmmm what went the most in this past draft in the first round O LINE. But I'm sure that doesn't matter Our Gm is an example the Rams 97 draft pick (won the superbowl 2 years later) the Dolphins 08 The Jags this year. All Gms who favored these horrible o line players over "impact positions" because apperently it's not an impact position to be able to keep the QB from being drilled as soon as he gets the pall.

matthewschiefs
05-02-2013, 01:20 AM
Well a LT not a RT

Fisher can play both

MyManHali
05-02-2013, 01:24 AM
Ummmmmm what went the most in this past draft in the first round O LINE. But I'm sure that doesn't matter Our Gm is an example the Rams 97 draft pick (won the superbowl 2 years later) the Dolphins 08 The Jags this year. All Gms who favored these horrible o line players over "impact positions" because apperently it's not an impact position to be able to keep the QB from being drilled as soon as he gets the pall.

But the LT position is impact. The problem is we have a LT in place who we are trying to sign long term. Show me when a RT was selected with the first pick with the intention of starting him at RT, not because he was a bust.

texaschief
05-02-2013, 01:25 AM
Well a LT not a RT

Fisher is the future at the LT position for this franchise. An NFL team isn't going to spend the #1 overall pick on a RT. He may play there a year or two at the most, but they didn't draft him to play the right side. I hope that's not what you're saying they did.

MyManHali
05-02-2013, 01:29 AM
Fisher is the future at the LT position for this franchise. An NFL team isn't going to spend the #1 overall pick on a RT. He may play there a year or two at the most, but they didn't draft him to play the right side. I hope that's not what you're saying they did.

It's very possible Dorsey drafted him with the intention to trade Albert. Now that they realize they aren't getting what they wanted for albert they are stuck, another possible blunder by this regime.

matthewschiefs
05-02-2013, 01:30 AM
But the LT position is impact. The problem is we have a LT in place who we are trying to sign long term. Show me when a RT was selected with the first pick with the intention of starting him at RT, not because he was a bust.

Trying to but haven't been able to. Nor were the Dolphins So why assume you will be able to work out that deal and pass on a player you think can come in and help you. Worst case for us we resign Albert fisher ends up playing RT and we have one of the best o lines in the league. That's if we "wasted our pick" on a RT This helps us far more then taking a chance in a weak QB class that your going to hit the lottery. You're so focused on the here and now that's just not the way to run a good football team. Good teams look ahead and plan ahead.

texaschief
05-02-2013, 01:33 AM

Reid has said he wants the best 5 guys on that line and he doesn't necessarily care where they line up. Albert is an above average LT with the capability of being an elite RT. Fisher has the capacity to be an elite LT. Why wouldn't Reid try to get Albert to sign long-term if he has the chance to have elite OTs at both ends? I think you're assuming too much if you think the Chiefs' goal is to sign Albert long-term to play the left side. To your point, an NFL franchise isn't going to spend the #1 pick on a RT. They're probably doing everything they can to get him to sign long-term with the intention of moving him to another position. If Albert is getting paid close to what he wants, I can't see him having too big of a problem with the move. By maintaing the position of "I'm a left tackle," he only sets his value. If he says he's willing to move to another position, the Chiefs or any other team are going to try and pay him as such. He wants LT money. If the Chiefs want to keep him, they're gonna have to give it to him. Once he gets that contract, I think he'll be willing to make a move for the good of the team that just committed to him long term.

MyManHali
05-02-2013, 01:33 AM
Trying to but haven't been able to. Nor were the Dolphins So why assume you will be able to work out that deal and pass on a player you think can come in and help you. Worst case for us we resign Albert fisher ends up playing RT and we have one of the best o lines in the league. That's if we "wasted our pick" on a RT This helps us far more then taking a chance in a weak QB class that your going to hit the lottery. You're so focused on the here and now that's just not the way to run a good football team. Good teams look ahead and plan ahead.

What? Who wanted to draft a qb and develop him for the future? Who wants our draft picks that we spent on Alex Smith back so we can develop those players? Me.

texaschief
05-02-2013, 01:36 AM
What? Who wanted to draft a qb and develop him for the future? Who wants our draft picks that we spent on Alex Smith back so we can develop those players? Me.

Right. But your valuation is horribly off target.

MyManHali
05-02-2013, 01:39 AM
Reid has said he wants the best 5 guys on that line and he doesn't necessarily care where they line up. Albert is an above average LT with the capability of being an elite RT. Fisher has the capacity to be an elite LT. Why wouldn't Reid try to get Albert to sign long-term if he has the chance to have elite OTs at both ends? I think you're assuming too much if you think the Chiefs' goal is to sign Albert long-term to play the left side. To your point, an NFL franchise isn't going to spend the #1 pick on a RT. They're probably doing everything they can to get him to sign long-term with the intention of moving him to another position. If Albert is getting paid close to what he wants, I can't see him having too big of a problem with the move. By maintaing the position of "I'm a left tackle," he only sets his value. If he says he's willing to move to another position, the Chiefs or any other team are going to try and pay him as such. He wants LT money. If the Chiefs want to keep him, they're gonna have to give it to him. Once he gets that contract, I think he'll be willing to make a move for the good of the team that just committed to him long term.

Why would Reid replace a proven LT with an unproven rookie at the most important position on the line? Fisher has started at right tackle, has albert? Albert has already expressed his disapproval of being moved from the LT position which is why I don't see it happening as long as Albert is here.

matthewschiefs
05-02-2013, 01:41 AM

This YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO PROTECT THE QB. It doesn't matter who you have under center if he's getting hit as soon as the ball is snapped that's what we saw at times last year. But why draft someone who you think can be a stand out RT or LT when you can draft a qb your 50/50 on at best being able to be the guy right?

Forgive me I forgot to mention you'r so focused on the QB spot and the here and now. You want to tell me that in a QB class as weak as this one drafting a guy who you think is going to be a stand out player on the O line is that much worse then a qb who your at best 50/50 on thinking he could be the guy really?

MyManHali
05-02-2013, 01:42 AM
Texas Chief and MatthewsChiefs, I want your expectations of Alex Smith this season. I want to know what to expect from him and if he doesn't meet those expectations, I expect disapproval from both of you. Go.

MyManHali
05-02-2013, 01:43 AM
This YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO PROTECT THE QB. It doesn't matter who you have under center if he's getting hit as soon as the ball is snapped that's what we saw at times last year. But why draft someone who you think can be a stand out RT or LT when you can draft a qb your 50/50 on at best being able to be the guy right?

Forgive me I forgot to mention you'r so focused on the QB spot and the here and now. You want to tell me that in a QB class as weak as this one drafting a guy who you think is going to be a stand out player on the O line is that much worse then a qb who your at best 50/50 on thinking he could be the guy really?

What makes the qb 50/50 and the offensive lineman a sure thing?

texaschief
05-02-2013, 01:50 AM
Why would Reid replace a proven LT with an unproven rookie at the most important position on the line? Fisher has started at right tackle, has albert? Albert has already expressed his disproval of being moved from the LT position which is why I don't see it happening as long as Albert is here.

Because Fisher is better? Just because Albert is a proven commodity doesn't mean the Chiefs can't upgrade at that position. You put the best player at the most important position. You don't spend 3000 draft points on a RT when you already have Stephenson in the fold who could man that position at or above an average NFL level. Albert's stance has to be resolute if he wants to land the contract he's asking for. If he says he'll play RT or OG, his value diminishes. If he signs longterm with the Chiefs, he'll being doing so with the understanding that there's a very good likelihood that he'll be moved.

NFL players are professional players. A guy can say anything he wants about where he plays, but the bottom line is that he's doing this for a paycheck. He's supporting his family. If he wants to get paid, he'll play at the highest possible level he can wherever the coaching staff places him. If he pouts and throws a tantrum, he lowers his value. If he doesn't perform at the best of his ability, he lowers his value. If he becomes a locker room distraction, he lowers his value. If he refuses to play, he doesn't get paid AND lowers his value. All of those things will diminish his chances at signing the contract he wants as a free agent in 2014. However, like I said, if he signs longterm, he'll be doing so understanding his position is no longer on the left side.

texaschief
05-02-2013, 01:52 AM

History

matthewschiefs
05-02-2013, 01:57 AM

I was saying that this years QB was weak At best they were 50/50 if they thought any QB could be the guy. There was NO STAND OUT in the draft at QB at all.

The OT spot however by the fact that so many were drafted so early made them have a higher thought that player could be someone to come in and help I never said it was a sure thing. I just said they had more hope for the OTs in this draft then the QBS.

matthewschiefs
05-02-2013, 01:59 AM
Texas Chief and MatthewsChiefs, I want your expectations of Alex Smith this season. I want to know what to expect from him and if he doesn't meet those expectations, I expect disapproval from both of you. Go.

You'll get that disapproval from me if he doesn't get the job done. I just won't bash him before he has played 1 down for the Chiefs like you have

MyManHali
05-02-2013, 01:59 AM
Because Fisher is better? Just because Albert is a proven commodity doesn't mean the Chiefs can't upgrade at that position. You put the best player at the most important position. You don't spend 3000 draft points on a RT when you already have Stephenson in the fold who could man that position at or above an average NFL level. Albert's stance has to be resolute if he wants to land the contract he's asking for. If he says he'll play RT or OG, his value diminishes. If he signs longterm with the Chiefs, he'll being doing so with the understanding that there's a very good likelihood that he'll be moved.

NFL players are professional players. A guy can say anything he wants about where he plays, but the bottom line is that he's doing this for a paycheck. He's supporting his family. If he wants to get paid, he'll play at the highest possible level he can wherever the coaching staff places him. If he pouts and throws a tantrum, he lowers his value. If he doesn't perform at the best of his ability, he lowers his value. If he becomes a locker room distraction, he lowers his value. If he refuses to play, he doesn't get paid AND lowers his value. All of those things will diminish his chances at signing the contract he wants as a free agent in 2014. However, like I said, if he signs longterm, he'll be doing so understanding his position is no longer on the left side.

We don't know this, the guy hasn't even played a snap. Don't you think they wanted to draft Fisher with the intention of trading Albert? Now they are stuck. You're more likely to play a player that has experience playing a position, which is why I think Fisher will go to RT. If this is the case which I think it is, that is a HUGE blunder by this regime.

MyManHali
05-02-2013, 02:00 AM
You'll get that disapproval from me if he doesn't get the job done. I just won't bash him before he has played 1 down for the Chiefs like you have

Past performance is a good indicator for the future.

MyManHali
05-02-2013, 02:01 AM
We need to have a prediction thread and make it a sticky. That way at the end of the year we can compare notes, it would be fun.

texaschief
05-02-2013, 02:09 AM

400 ATT 65%COMP 3000yds 7.5ypc 25TDs 6INTs 90+RAT

I think that's a pretty reasonable line to expect from Alex in Reid's system. Not sure how having Jamaal Charles and a potentially dominating, road grating O-line will affect that line, but assuming he's healthy and comparing his past with Reid's expectations at the QB position, I think the above line is absolutely a reasonable expectation.

MyManHali
05-02-2013, 02:16 AM
400 ATT 65%COMP 3000yds 7.5ypc 25TDs 6INTs 90+RAT

I think that's a pretty reasonable line to expect from Alex in Reid's system. Not sure how having Jamaal Charles and a potentially dominating, road grating O-line will affect that line, but assuming he's healthy and comparing his past with Reid's expectations at the QB position, I think the above line is absolutely a reasonable expectation.

7.5 YPC is low, do you mean YPA? Don't you think 187 ypg is weak? How are we going to beat teams that can put up points on the board?

texaschief
05-02-2013, 02:19 AM
We don't know this, the guy hasn't even played a snap. Don't you think they wanted to draft Fisher with the intention of trading Albert? Now they are stuck. You're more likely to play a player that has experience playing a position, which is why I think Fisher will go to RT. If this is the case which I think it is, that is a HUGE blunder by this regime.

No. I don't think the Fisher pick was dependent on an expectation of an Albert trade. From day one this administration said they were taking the best player available, regardless of position. When drafting #1 overall, you take the best player on the board. You're going to have a hard time convincing anyone that Fisher/Joekel weren't the best players in this year's draft. How you could consider ANY franchise "stuck" when they're in the position the Chiefs are in is baffling to me.

Even if Fisher plays on the right side this season, it's a mistake to think that's his longterm position with this franchise.

matthewschiefs
05-02-2013, 02:24 AM
Past performance is a good indicator for the future.

True but we have no past performance for Smith under Andy Reid can't judge what hasn't happened yet

texaschief
05-02-2013, 02:33 AM
7.5 YPC is low, do you mean YPA? Don't you think 187 ypg is weak? How are we going to beat teams that can put up points on the board?

yards per completion is what my abbreviation stood for.

That's only 4 fewer attempts and 55 fewer yards per game than what Donovan did during their Super Bowl run in 2004. Westbrook didn't even have a 1000 yard rushing season that year.

You prevent the other team from scoring with a defense that has multiple 1st round picks and pro bowlers, a good secondary, and a solid pass rush. You keep possession of the ball by having a dominating run game and not turning over the ball (which makes having a "game manager" essential to this offense).

MyManHali
05-02-2013, 02:34 AM
No. I don't think the Fisher pick was dependent on an expectation of an Albert trade. From day one this administration said they were taking the best player available, regardless of position. When drafting #1 overall, you take the best player on the board. You're going to have a hard time convincing anyone that Fisher/Joekel weren't the best players in this year's draft. How you could consider ANY franchise "stuck" when they're in the position the Chiefs are in is baffling to me.

Even if Fisher plays on the right side this season, it's a mistake to think that's his longterm position with this franchise.

Because we could of filled positions we do not currently have. We have Alex Smith as our qb. We could of traded down, it wouldn't of taken very much, we were fielding offers to trade down, that is a fact and the rumor is it was a second round pick. Let's say we trade with Zona, I would have taken Austin at 1.7 and Jonathan Banks at corner with our second round pick, perhaps even traded up to get Darius Slay. I now have addressed 2 positions with playmakers.

brdempsey69
05-02-2013, 02:41 AM
Because we could of filled positions we do not currently have. We have Alex Smith as our qb. We could of traded down, it wouldn't of taken very much, we were fielding offers to trade down, that is a fact and the rumor is it was a second round pick. Let's say we trade with Zona, I would have taken Austin at 1.7 and Jonathan Banks at corner with our second round pick, perhaps even traded up to get Darius Slay. I now have addressed 2 positions with playmakers and on top of that I still have my second or third round pick of 2014.

And still have the same sh!tty O-Line that didn't get better by adding any players with All-Pro potential. NO THANKS !!

texaschief
05-02-2013, 02:42 AM
Because we could of filled positions we do not currently have. Since Smith is our qb, we could of traded down with AZ, it wouldn't of taken very much, we were fielding offers to trade down, that is a fact and the rumor is it was a second round pick. I would have taken Austin at 1.7 and Banks at corner. I have addressed 2 positions with playmakers and on top of that I still have my second or third round pick of 2014.

You have no guarantees that Albert returns in 2014 (so then what?) and he's not worth top 5 LT money. CB was already addressed during free agency whether you like to admit it or not. Hell, they just traded away a CB. CB is not a position of need. (I'm not arguing that point any further with you.)

WRs take a few years to develop fully. It's too early to make a ruling on Baldwin (although, admittedly, it's not looking good). They just signed a career #2 WR in Avery while retaining Bowe. Austin would've taken the slot role anyway, which doesn't make sense since Reid is in love with DMC's potential in this offensive system. Reid wanted DMC when the Chiefs drafted him. There's very little difference between the two players and what they offer this offense in Reid's system.

We get a 2nd round pick in 2013, but where is the 2014 pick coming from?

MyManHali
05-02-2013, 02:43 AM
And still have the same sh!tty O-Line that didn't get better by adding any players with All-Pro potential. NO THANKS !!

Austin doesn't have all pro potential? Slay/banks don't either? I think you're smoking crack.

tornadospotter
05-02-2013, 02:44 AM
The Draft is over. New Chief's players are drafted. They are Chiefs!, when they sign. This thread is done. IMO. Start talking about Chiefs, and not those who are not!

MyManHali
05-02-2013, 02:47 AM
You have no guarantees that Albert returns in 2014 (so then what?) and he's not worth top 5 LT money. CB was already addressed during free agency whether you like to admit it or not. Hell, they just traded away a CB. CB is not a position of need. (I'm not arguing that point any further with you.)

WRs take a few years to develop fully. It's too early to make a ruling on Baldwin (although, admittedly, it's not looking good). They just signed a career #2 WR in Avery while retaining Bowe. Austin would've taken the slot role anyway, which doesn't make sense since Reid is in love with DMC's potential in this offensive system. Reid wanted DMC when the Chiefs drafted him. There's very little difference between the two players and what they offer this offense in Reid's system.

We get a 2nd round pick in 2013, but where is the 2014 pick coming from?

We won't argue about it but Sean Smith was one of the worst starting corners last year. That is a fact. Why we would sign him is beyond comprehension. Corner is a position of need, so is WR. Please give up on Baldwin, he's terrible. The 2014 second/third doesn't exist, I didn't mean to put that in there. It's edited.

Coach
05-07-2013, 11:01 AM
This thread has taken on a life of its own. Amazing verbal smackdown with no end in sight. Thanks for not making personal attacks, but rather just defending your position.