PDA

View Full Version : Hearing news of brandon albert has been signed long term.

marloweopatchiefs
05-05-2013, 03:41 PM
This is all i've found so far lol.

http://instagram.com/p/Y787lCyDtR/#

matthewschiefs
05-05-2013, 03:51 PM
This would be great news for the O line. Albert and fisher both at tackle would be very nice to see.

Coach
05-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Glad to hear he has a long term deal in place. He is substantially more tradeable now. And if we don't trade him, he should have a much friendlier cap number. Now we have 3 guys who can play LT in Albert, Fisher, and Stephenson.

pojote
05-05-2013, 05:00 PM
News the same day that Dolphins announced they signed Clabo? I wonder if they ever wanted to trade Albert or just wanted a big price discount.

rodu
05-05-2013, 05:57 PM
So if this is true, Fisher is now full time RT I 'spose

pencilled in, what would our O line look like right now? Albert ex-Viking guy Hudson Asamoah Fisher

Ryfo18
05-05-2013, 09:22 PM
I don't think there is anything out there that Albert has been signed long-term.

brdempsey69
05-05-2013, 09:24 PM
If this is true, then I'll gladly stand corrected about what I had said regarding him not getting a long-term deal in 2013 -- IF THAT'S WHAT HAPPENING. But somebody else could be on the chopping block, depending on the terms of the agreement.

It could be that Albert means he's coming into the fold when the mini-camps start, not necessarily a long-term deal. But he's going to be there & there's no holdout.

Let us also hope his back holds up & be forwarned, it's not etched in stone as to where he and some of these other O-Lineman will be lining up on opening day. Keep your mind open to all the possibilities. His being paid 9.8 mill to play wherever they want him on the O-Line isn't a bad thing and depending on how things go, he could get a very decent and reasonable deal with the Chiefs during or after the season.

Eydugstr
05-06-2013, 04:04 AM
Glad to hear he has a long term deal in place. He is substantially more tradeable now. And if we don't trade him, he should have a much friendlier cap number. Now we have 3 guys who can play LT in Albert, Fisher, and Stephenson.

We've finally got an O line with some depth (on paper). It's a long time between now and september, hope that Dorsey can get Fisher & all the other draft picks signed quickly and get these guys into camp ASAP. It'd be nice to see a preseason with an organized team for a change, and have an O-line that sets the tone.

pojote
05-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Once he get signed, he should be playing anywhere, and shouldn't be a problem. He'd got what he wanted, $$$, now has to work.

Chiefster
05-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Not sure I saw anything in that link to indicate that a long term deal actually got done.

brdempsey69
05-08-2013, 01:56 AM
Not sure I saw anything in that link to indicate that a long term deal actually got done.

It hasn't. Until proven wrong, I don't believe it'll happen in 2013. Albert has to prove his back can hold up for a full season, so the Chiefs are being more than fair to him to pay him 9.8 mill this year & not giving him a long-term deal until he proves he can hold up for a full season. Otherwise, it's more than 9.8 mill that will be thrown down the drain. And he ain't the best LT on the roster right now, anyway.

Lord-Chiefy
05-08-2013, 07:52 PM
I'd like to see him signed by bye week if healthy.