PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pessimism

texaschief
05-14-2013, 06:20 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs will have a top 3 defensive backfield, #1 rushing attack from a year ago, the best OT tandem in the league, the best LB corp in the league, 2/3 of the D-line were drafted in the top 15 overall. TWO first round picks at wideout, and a suddenly above average QB in an offensive system that consistently ranked in the top half of the league in Philly.

WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT??? I promise that the other 11 teams that will make the playoffs this season don't have that kind of talent to claim heading into this season.

Stay Calm and Go Chiefs :smile

brdempsey69
05-14-2013, 06:30 PM
Well, it looks good on paper. But, as we learned the hard way last year, games are won on the football field. Last year, the stinking ball wouldn't even take the right bounce. Maybe though, what happened last year may be a blessing in disguise to get the new regime in place & to draft the type of man like Eric Fisher in 2013.

Personally, I'm cautiously optimistic for the 2013.

Coach
05-14-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm trying to temper my expectations, but I am really excited to watch our new Andy Reid offense.

Justin5772002
05-14-2013, 11:49 PM
I'm ready to pee my pants over here with excitement, when do we actually get to see these guys play?

mejohnm
05-15-2013, 05:02 AM
I have to agree with you all. I am so excited to see these guys play because it seems so good to hear how good they are on paper. At the same time, I am setting my expectations lower just so I will not be so upset when things do not work out. I do not expect to see things happen very quickly in the first part of the season, but I do hope for wins there after.

MyManHali
05-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Meh, the offensive line does look impressive but our DL is incredibly underwhelming. Our linebacker opposite of DJ is not known and our only skilled players on the offensive side of the ball are Bowe and Charles. Offensively we shouldn't be much better then we were last year and we have a potentially awful secondary. If Smith is your qb you can't allow the opposing team to put up a lot of points on the board. We're going to have to have a boss D to win games.

doobs_05
05-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Meh, we hyped up 2011, we hyped up 2012, now we're trying to hype up 2013. Wait for a few games to be played.

Chiefster
05-15-2013, 01:21 PM
Cautiously optimistic for success this season.

Canada
05-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Meh, we hyped up 2011, we hyped up 2012, now we're trying to hype up 2013. Wait for a few games to be played.I get hyped up every season. Thats part of the fun!!

Eydugstr
05-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Meh, the offensive line does look impressive but our DL is incredibly underwhelming. Our linebacker opposite of DJ is not known and our only skilled players on the offensive side of the ball are Bowe and Charles. Offensively we shouldn't be much better then we were last year and we have a potentially awful secondary. If Smith is your qb you can't allow the opposing team to put up a lot of points on the board. We're going to have to have a boss D to win games.

Can't wait to hear the laundry list of other things to complain about when September rolls around and neither of those statements come true.

Chiefster
05-15-2013, 11:18 PM
I get hyped up every season. Thats part of the fun!!

I love your optimism buddy! :smile

Lord-Chiefy
05-16-2013, 01:31 AM
Well chargers Ingram tore acl.. that helps us.

kcvet
05-16-2013, 11:17 AM
trust but verify

doobs_05
05-16-2013, 12:36 PM

Which led to A LOT of drinking for me

Lord-Chiefy
05-16-2013, 03:12 PM
And for me.. I wasnt gonna get Sunday ticket ..then I seen the changes made...I'm keeping it.. I dont wanna miss the greatest show ..that debowe says w e will be.

drstandley31
05-16-2013, 09:19 PM

Me Too! Cheers. Not gonna set my expectations low then feel good about hitting the mark. We kicked out all the bums. We have good players, a good front office now, great coaching with the history to prove it. may or may not go our way, but this organization has done a tremendous job to turn this ship around, and I support them every step of the way!

AkChief49
05-17-2013, 12:28 AM
Me Too! Cheers. Not gonna set my expectations low then feel good about hitting the mark. We kicked out all the bums. We have good players, a good front office now, great coaching with the history to prove it. may or may not go our way, but this organization has done a tremendous job to turn this ship around, and I support them every step of the way!

I agree, Dorsey and Pioli are polar opposites. Dorsey is surrounding himself with good people, which all great leaders do. Letting them do their jobs, not a micro managing mental case like Pioli.

Canada
05-17-2013, 08:22 PM
Which led to A LOT of drinking for meI still dont see the problem

MissingTBone
05-18-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm hoping we are competitive in most games this season. If we do that we have taken a step in the right direction. Positive motion I what it's about!! If we get even 6-8 wins and compete with put opponent that's even better. Don't get me wrong I'd take lots more wins, but as long as we show progress I'm happy. That's how things start to turn around.

Chiefster
05-18-2013, 11:01 PM
I still dont see the problem

:lol: :lol:

Lewis_Chiefs
05-23-2013, 04:57 PM
The many years of following Liverpool FC have ensured that I'm a pessimist. When it comes to my sports teams its always now hope rather than expectation.

Ive been let down too many times to count with Liverpool so I always find having low expectations eases the disappointment and anything good is a positive surprise.

I was quite optimistic about the Chiefs under Crennel last year and we all know how that season turned out. I'm looking forward to the new season and a solid 7-9/8-8 season would be good.

Eydugstr
05-29-2013, 04:10 PM

Agreed 100%. If you're going to establish a goal, make it a good one. Reid did not come here to make an 8-8 team. My goal for this team is a playoff win. If we accomplished that, it'd be a huge statement in the AFC west and would really shake things up.

drstandley31
05-31-2013, 03:15 AM
Anybody who thought that romeo and the entire staff last year wasn't going to be a bust, was just too loyal for anybody's own good. and god bless ya for it. but they were bums. for the first time in a long time, there's a very good coaching staff here, and it will prove itself out. I do believe it!

AkChief49
06-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Anybody who thought that romeo and the entire staff last year wasn't going to be a bust, was just too loyal for anybody's own good. and god bless ya for it. but they were bums. for the first time in a long time, there's a very good coaching staff here, and it will prove itself out. I do believe it!

Guilty as charged! But it was built on the euphoric ending of the previous year. You know, when we "almost" made the playoffs after a fairly dismal season. If Bowe had only caught that pass in his chest......sorry.

It seems that more fans this year are in the "wait and see" ,"show me", or "prove it" mode. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wagnilBp0hg

I admit, I've not been in as much fervor as usual this time of year. It's starting to build though. The more I reid about this team (see what I did there?) the more I get excited. I know, they're (writers) good at their jobs. I fully expect this team to win, always will root for that to happen. Expectations can get dashed on the rocks, but should loyalty ever waiver?

texaschief
06-05-2013, 08:00 PM
The fact that all the coaches and players are talking about how quickly Alex Smith has acclimated to the offense makes my optimism for this next season grow by leaps and bounds. I love the fact that we now have an offensive system that allows the QB to make checks at the line and a QB who is capable of running that type of system. Add on top of that the top rushing attack from a year ago and a defense that boasts multiple pro bowlers and first round picks and it just keeps raising the expectations for this team higher and higher.

doobs_05
06-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Players and coaches say this all the time, sometimes they come out great, sometimes they come out terrible. I'm waiting for a few games in before I make a serious prediction

Chiefster
06-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Players and coaches say this all the time, sometimes they come out great, sometimes they come out terrible. I'm waiting for a few games in before I make a serious prediction

A great big THIS!

texaschief
06-08-2013, 02:35 AM

Good point. I think I'll wait till the season is almost over to make my prediction... you know, since I don't want to risk being wrong and all...

Lord-Chiefy
06-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Anything less then playoffs..I'm disappointed.

doobs_05
06-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Good point. I think I'll wait till the season is almost over to make my prediction... you know, since I don't want to risk being wrong and all...

But proclaiming we will do good/great (like EVERY F'ING YEAR) is the best approach, because, you know, we'll be right once and we can go around "I always knew we would win this year". And yes i should of been more clear and said preseason games.

Lord-Chiefy
06-11-2013, 04:17 PM
But proclaiming we will do good/great (like EVERY F'ING YEAR) is the best approach, because, you know, we'll be right once and we can go around "I always knew we would win this year". And yes i should of been more clear and said preseason games.

Haha!!! That's what P.O.+·\|¤\¤¤%|¤~ mymanhali does in a negative way..lol

Marmatag
06-19-2013, 07:59 PM
49ers fan visiting! I check in on you guys kind of as a social experiment to see how your Alex Smith threads/discussions go as time passes. Anyway, here's my projection of your season, if anyone cares.

1. @JAX. Win. 1-0. I have a hard time believing you guys won't comfortably close this one out on the road. Your defense is definitely more than Gabbert/Henne can handle. 13 points is probably enough to win this contest, and I have a hard time believing you guys score less than that. Chiefs win by 5+

2. DAL. Loss. 1-1. Dallas is a bipolar team, but they also play in a very competitive division where the divisional games aren't already pre-decided like in some places. They are more balanced on offense and defense, and this is in Dallas. Dallas wins by 7+

3. @PHI. Loss. 1-2. Chip Kelly will improve this team and they will feature a heavier dose of LeSean McCoy, as well as safer but faster paced offense. Your pass rush is good but Vick is elusive, and this is early enough in the season where he is 100% healthy. Eagles +3.

4. NYG. Loss. 1-3. The Giants are a tough team and have gotten better at some key positions this offseason, and their D-Line will be healthy at this point. I like David Wilson to compliment the Giants above average passing game. Giants +4

5. @TEN. Win. 2-3. You have a tough slate to start the season facing the NFC East in a row, with 2 on the road. But, bounce back nicely by killing the hapless Titans. They are almost as bad as the Jaguars, and you win comfortably. Chiefs +7.

6. OAK. Win. 3-3. Oakland may just be the worst team in the league. Even with Carson Palmer i'd predict a Chiefs win here. Chiefs +10.

7. HOU. Loss. 3-4. Houston boasts a top 5 defense in the NFL when healthy, and their offense isn't as anemic as people think. I just don't see how Alex Smith will beat a healthy Texans team with his arm, and their D-line and LBs are good enough to take away the running game. Texans +7

8. CLE. Win. 4-4. Cleveland is a team that will play you tough, but ultimately they just don't have the players to make it happen. I like Brandon Weeden but certainly not as much as Alex Smith. Ultimately you're better at every major skill position, and better on defense. Also, this is in Arrowhead. Chiefs +3

9. @BUF. Win. 5-4. Motivated to make a late season push and with Denver looming on the horizon, you guys put forth a solid effort and deal with the Bills as one would expect. CJ Spiller is the only real notable player on offense and he really hasn't shown that much outside of a fantasy football setting. Chiefs+3.

10. @DEN. Loss. 5-5. Second road game in a row, in Denver, and Manning will be better than last year. Hard to imagine you guys land within 14 points of the Broncos in the end. They're just too good. Denver +14.

11. SD. Win. 6-5. Returning home after a brutal evisceration at the hands of Denver will motivate you guys to bounce back and win a fairly talent-poor Chargers team. If Phillip Rivers returns to form, this would probably be a Chiefs loss, but in order to be playing at as high of a level as he once did, he'd need weapons, and they have none in SD. Chiefs +3

12. DEN. Loss. 6-6. Same as before. I don't see how you can contend with the Broncos at this point in any location. Broncos +7

13. @WAS. Loss. 6-7. RG3 and the Redskins (or Redtails? LOL) are a good football team, and looking at how they performed last year, they can compete with any team - tough on offense, tough on defense. Ultimately your offense doesn't have enough to keep pace with the dynamic WCO the Shanahans run. Skins +6

14. @OAK. Win. 7-7. Massacre, oakland sucks. Chiefs +10

15. IND. Win. 8-7. Indianapolis is overrated, and a methodical, efficient attack will be enough to overcome them. I expect this to be fairly close, however. Chiefs +2.

16. @SD. Win. 9-7. This could very EASILY be a loss, but i'm going on the optimistic side for you guys here. Also, i'm betting that Phillip Rivers doesn't return to form and the Chargers stink up the joint this year. Chiefs +3.

Unfortunately 9-7 is not enough for the post season in the AFC, as you'll have:
DEN, NE, HOU, PIT, BAL, and either IND or CIN in the playoffs.

Good luck!

texaschief
06-20-2013, 02:55 AM
49ers fan visiting! I check in on you guys kind of as a social experiment to see how your Alex Smith threads/discussions go as time passes. Anyway, here's my projection of your season, if anyone cares.

1. @JAX. Win. 1-0. I have a hard time believing you guys won't comfortably close this one out on the road. Your defense is definitely more than Gabbert/Henne can handle. 13 points is probably enough to win this contest, and I have a hard time believing you guys score less than that. Chiefs win by 5+

2. DAL. Loss. 1-1. Dallas is a bipolar team, but they also play in a very competitive division where the divisional games aren't already pre-decided like in some places. They are more balanced on offense and defense, and this is in Dallas. Dallas wins by 7+

This game is at home. There's entirely too much drama in Dallas for them to be good next year. Bill Callahan calling the plays instead of Jason Garrett is a recipe for disaster. There's no way the Chiefs lose the home opener with so much good will being built up this offseason and coming off a win. Even if the rest of the season goes how you say, a 10-win team makes the playoffs.

3. @PHI. Loss. 1-2. Chip Kelly will improve this team and they will feature a heavier dose of LeSean McCoy, as well as safer but faster paced offense. Your pass rush is good but Vick is elusive, and this is early enough in the season where he is 100% healthy. Eagles +3.

The Reid and A. Smith effect on the Chiefs will be worth more to this team than Chip Kelly will be worth for Philly. The Chiefs have a better overall roster and Reid will be out to prove a point back in Philly.

4. NYG. Loss. 1-3. The Giants are a tough team and have gotten better at some key positions this offseason, and their D-Line will be healthy at this point. I like David Wilson to compliment the Giants above average passing game. Giants +4

5. @TEN. Win. 2-3. You have a tough slate to start the season facing the NFC East in a row, with 2 on the road. But, bounce back nicely by killing the hapless Titans. They are almost as bad as the Jaguars, and you win comfortably. Chiefs +7.

6. OAK. Win. 3-3. Oakland may just be the worst team in the league. Even with Carson Palmer i'd predict a Chiefs win here. Chiefs +10.

7. HOU. Loss. 3-4. Houston boasts a top 5 defense in the NFL when healthy, and their offense isn't as anemic as people think. I just don't see how Alex Smith will beat a healthy Texans team with his arm, and their D-line and LBs are good enough to take away the running game. Texans +7

8. CLE. Win. 4-4. Cleveland is a team that will play you tough, but ultimately they just don't have the players to make it happen. I like Brandon Weeden but certainly not as much as Alex Smith. Ultimately you're better at every major skill position, and better on defense. Also, this is in Arrowhead. Chiefs +3

9. @BUF. Win. 5-4. Motivated to make a late season push and with Denver looming on the horizon, you guys put forth a solid effort and deal with the Bills as one would expect. CJ Spiller is the only real notable player on offense and he really hasn't shown that much outside of a fantasy football setting. Chiefs+3.

10. @DEN. Loss. 5-5. Second road game in a row, in Denver, and Manning will be better than last year. Hard to imagine you guys land within 14 points of the Broncos in the end. They're just too good. Denver +14.

11. SD. Win. 6-5. Returning home after a brutal evisceration at the hands of Denver will motivate you guys to bounce back and win a fairly talent-poor Chargers team. If Phillip Rivers returns to form, this would probably be a Chiefs loss, but in order to be playing at as high of a level as he once did, he'd need weapons, and they have none in SD. Chiefs +3

12. DEN. Loss. 6-6. Same as before. I don't see how you can contend with the Broncos at this point in any location. Broncos +7

13. @WAS. Loss. 6-7. RG3 and the Redskins (or Redtails? LOL) are a good football team, and looking at how they performed last year, they can compete with any team - tough on offense, tough on defense. Ultimately your offense doesn't have enough to keep pace with the dynamic WCO the Shanahans run. Skins +6

I think this game depends on who's under center for Washington.

15. IND. Win. 8-7. Indianapolis is overrated, and a methodical, efficient attack will be enough to overcome them. I expect this to be fairly close, however. Chiefs +2.

Toss-up

16. @SD. Win. 9-7. This could very EASILY be a loss, but i'm going on the optimistic side for you guys here. Also, i'm betting that Phillip Rivers doesn't return to form and the Chargers stink up the joint this year. Chiefs +3.

Unfortunately 9-7 is not enough for the post season in the AFC, as you'll have:
DEN, NE, HOU, PIT, BAL, and either IND or CIN in the playoffs.

Good luck!

Of course all of this is on paper, but I truly think this team will fall somewhere around 9-12 wins.

doobs_05
06-20-2013, 12:03 PM

!

since 2010, we are 1-5 against oakland.....just saying.

Marmatag
06-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Of course all of this is on paper, but I truly think this team will fall somewhere around 9-12 wins.

Some of those games are hard to predict. I stand by my assertion that the Cowboys win week 2. Additionally, you may beat the Eagles, but you also may lose to the Colts or Chargers (once). While the game-to-game analysis may not shake out, 9 wins does sound about right.

Good luck though. 10 wins should land you a wildcard spot IF you beat the Colts.

Marmatag
06-20-2013, 12:06 PM
since 2010, we are 1-5 against oakland.....just saying.

Yeah but Oakland has become significantly worse over this last season and the Chiefs have greatly improved. Losing to Oakland at any point this season means a losing season for the Chiefs, you heard it here first. I hope that doesn't happen.

Justin5772002
06-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Yeah but Oakland has become significantly worse over this last season and the Chiefs have greatly improved. Losing to Oakland at any point this season means a losing season for the Chiefs, you heard it here first. I hope that doesn't happen.

Amen to that I need to recoup some of last years losses in these Oakland games bets with my buddy an oak fan

otf
06-21-2013, 01:38 PM

How so? Evidently you do not follow Oakland enough so here is what has transpired in Oakland.

1. Lost Seymour, Kelly & Bryant. Seymour & Kelly haven't done jack in 2 years and once both had their time on the field reduced or eliminated all together (last 4 games of 2012) Oakland defense improved leaps and bounds. Bryant was replaced with Vance Walker, equal performance at a fraction of the price he would have cost to keep.

2. Lost Wheeler & McClain. While Wheeler performed we replaced him with Burnett who was just as good and cost less. McClain was garbage and when he was replaced with Gaither (last 4 games of 2012) defense gave up one run of more than 20 yards and that was to Cam Newton on a pass play. Since then we have added Roach, Burnett & Sio Moore who are all as good if not better than who we had last year.

3. Last year our secondary was horrible with injuries to Spencer & Bartell so most of the year we were playing Huff who is an average safety at CB. The only player in our secondary that deserves to be starting in the NFL for us last year was Branch. We have improved big time with the addition of Woodson, Porter, Jenkins & Hayden.

4. Offense we lost Palmer but if not for Palmer might have been 6-0 against KC since 2010. Palmer is a turnover machine who cost us several games last year. Have we upgraded? Maybe but as long as our new QBs don't turn the ball over like Palmer we will be fine.

5. Oline is moving back to the system that allowed us to be top 10 rushing in 2010 & 2011. Gone is Knapp and his crapp play calling which limited our best weapon in McFadden. In case you don't remember as bad as our running game was last year McFadden still had good performances against the Chiefs.

So where have we gotten significantly worse? Every thing we "lost" is actually an improvement...

nigeriannightmare
06-22-2013, 08:35 AM
How so? Evidently you do not follow Oakland enough so here is what has transpired in Oakland.

1. Lost Seymour, Kelly & Bryant. Seymour & Kelly haven't done jack in 2 years and once both had their time on the field reduced or eliminated all together (last 4 games of 2012) Oakland defense improved leaps and bounds. Bryant was replaced with Vance Walker, equal performance at a fraction of the price he would have cost to keep.

2. Lost Wheeler & McClain. While Wheeler performed we replaced him with Burnett who was just as good and cost less. McClain was garbage and when he was replaced with Gaither (last 4 games of 2012) defense gave up one run of more than 20 yards and that was to Cam Newton on a pass play. Since then we have added Roach, Burnett & Sio Moore who are all as good if not better than who we had last year.

3. Last year our secondary was horrible with injuries to Spencer & Bartell so most of the year we were playing Huff who is an average safety at CB. The only player in our secondary that deserves to be starting in the NFL for us last year was Branch. We have improved big time with the addition of Woodson, Porter, Jenkins & Hayden.

4. Offense we lost Palmer but if not for Palmer might have been 6-0 against KC since 2010. Palmer is a turnover machine who cost us several games last year. Have we upgraded? Maybe but as long as our new QBs don't turn the ball over like Palmer we will be fine.

5. Oline is moving back to the system that allowed us to be top 10 rushing in 2010 & 2011. Gone is Knapp and his crapp play calling which limited our best weapon in McFadden. In case you don't remember as bad as our running game was last year McFadden still had good performances against the Chiefs.

So where have we gotten significantly worse? Every thing we "lost" is actually an improvement...

You can't win without a quarterback and what exactly has Matt Flynn accomplished exactly except for joining a team with as bad a run with QBs as we have had.

otf
06-23-2013, 01:02 AM
You can't win without a quarterback and what exactly has Matt Flynn accomplished exactly except for joining a team with as bad a run with QBs as we have had.

If you can't win without a QB then there is reason for great pessimism in KC because Alex Smith is not the answer :smile. Flynn played much better in his two starts against playoff teams than Alex Smith has EVER looked.

texaschief
06-23-2013, 03:44 AM
If you can't win without a QB then there is reason for great pessimism in KC because Alex Smith is not the answer :smile. Flynn played much better in his two starts against playoff teams than Alex Smith has EVER looked.

:sign0142:

Alex actually WON a playoff game and didn't just "look good" against them. I can't believe Raider nation is buying into the Flynn hype... oh wait... yes I can. If you think you actually upgraded over Palmer with Flynn, you've got some serious disappointment headed your way there, hoss.

#58ChiefsFan
06-23-2013, 09:32 AM

Oakland is a better team whether the pundits and raider haters want to admit it or not, it might take a bit to gel together but they are heading in the right direction, we might be a little ahead of them on the reload but I look forward to the day the Chiefs and raiders are at the top of the AFCW again, though I really enjoy watching Manning make a first round playoff exit.

Chiefster
06-24-2013, 03:14 AM
Oakland is a better team whether the pundits and raider haters want to admit it or not, it might take a bit to gel together but they are heading in the right direction, we might be a little ahead of them on the reload but I look forward to the day the Chiefs and raiders are at the top of the AFCW again, though I really enjoy watching Manning make a first round playoff exit.

Yup! You never, EVER underestimate your opponent.

Marmatag
06-26-2013, 12:33 AM

1. You lost these players and didn't replace them. Also Seymore was excellent for you guys and a good player. He will be missed on your d line.

2. You undervalue McClain July because he's gone. You have scrub MLBs and it'll show when you rank near last if not last against the run this year. Bet on it.

3. Sorry but Woodson is on the tail end of his career and no one would sign him. Remember him goin to the press asking to play in SF? You rattle off aging players and no names as your marquee squad. Lol. Your pass D will look good though because everyone will be trouncing you to the tune of 200 rush ypg.

4. Palmer is a good QB and was so far from the problem in Oakland it's not even funny. You also didn't mention the lost receivers. McFadden has one foot in the grave. He will not play even 14 games this next season.

Where have you gotten significantly worse? Across the damn board.

PS did you improve in areas that sorely needed it? K that's what I thought.

doobs_05
06-26-2013, 10:34 AM
1. You lost these players and didn't replace them. Also Seymore was excellent for you guys and a good player. He will be missed on your d line.

2. You undervalue McClain July because he's gone. You have scrub MLBs and it'll show when you rank near last if not last against the run this year. Bet on it.

3. Sorry but Woodson is on the tail end of his career and no one would sign him. Remember him goin to the press asking to play in SF? You rattle off aging players and no names as your marquee squad. Lol. Your pass D will look good though because everyone will be trouncing you to the tune of 200 rush ypg.

4. Palmer is a good QB and was so far from the problem in Oakland it's not even funny. You also didn't mention the lost receivers. McFadden has one foot in the grave. He will not play even 14 games this next season.

Where have you gotten significantly worse? Across the damn board.

PS did you improve in areas that sorely needed it? K that's what I thought.

So i take it when you weren't watching SF play, you watch Oakland play, and you followed Oakland as a second team?

MyManHali
06-26-2013, 11:58 AM
The Raiders are the worst team in professional football. I didn't know a team could be so bad, OTF your team will pick first next year.

otf
06-26-2013, 12:39 PM
The Raiders are the worst team in professional football. I didn't know a team could be so bad, OTF your team will pick first next year.

So how does your team rank being 1-5 vs "the worst team in professional football" in the last 6 games? Not only that but you have picked before the Raiders in every draft since 2007 except one. One out of six games says Chiefs are worse than Oakland and one out of six seasons proves the Chiefs are worse than the Raiders. If you don't see that you are in denial...

Marmatag
06-26-2013, 05:48 PM
So i take it when you weren't watching SF play, you watch Oakland play, and you followed Oakland as a second team?

i have the full subscription to game rewind. I can watch games in 20 to 25 minutes. Also, living in the Bay Area, I have to watch the raiders when they're not blacked the eff out.

My points all Stand. Kthx

otf
06-26-2013, 06:57 PM
i have the full subscription to game rewind. I can watch games in 20 to 25 minutes. Also, living in the Bay Area, I have to watch the raiders when they're not blacked the eff out.

My points all Stand. Kthx
Your points showed you didn't know what you were talking about for example...

1. How is playing in 8 games, getting 15 tackles & 3 sacks "excellent"? Seymour wasn't even on the field the last half of the year and it was no coincidence defense improved when he was done for the season. Go watch NFL rewind and you will see a much improved Raider defense with him and McClain on the bench.
2. Here is the real deal on McClain ---> http://www.raiders1.ninjagoro.com/2011/rolando-mcclain-retrospective-from-2011-season/

Furthermore watch the video below and you see on the second run below, perfect defense called, McClain shoots the gap and runs right past the RB allowing him to go for big yards. There are MANY examples of McClain doing the same thing he is overrated if anything!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000090256/Week-9-Doug-Martin-highlights

MyManHali
06-27-2013, 04:57 AM
So how does your team rank being 1-5 vs "the worst team in professional football" in the last 6 games? Not only that but you have picked before the Raiders in every draft since 2007 except one. One out of six games says Chiefs are worse than Oakland and one out of six seasons proves the Chiefs are worse than the Raiders. If you don't see that you are in denial...

You aren't familiar with my posts here, are you? I am not a believer in our new quarterback, in fact I don't think we are better than our 2010 squad. But from a talent standpoint, the Raiders are among the worst in the league.

MyManHali
06-27-2013, 05:03 AM
Your points showed you didn't know what you were talking about for example...

1. How is playing in 8 games, getting 15 tackles & 3 sacks "excellent"? Seymour wasn't even on the field the last half of the year and it was no coincidence defense improved when he was done for the season. Go watch NFL rewind and you will see a much improved Raider defense with him and McClain on the bench.
2. Here is the real deal on McClain ---> http://www.raiders1.ninjagoro.com/2011/rolando-mcclain-retrospective-from-2011-season/

Furthermore watch the video below and you see on the second run below, perfect defense called, McClain shoots the gap and runs right past the RB allowing him to go for big yards. There are MANY examples of McClain doing the same thing he is overrated if anything!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000090256/Week-9-Doug-Martin-highlights

You have no wr, qb, secondary, d line is average at best, Mcfadden always plays on one leg. I just don't understand how you think your team is legit this year, atleast when I know the Chiefs aren't legit I try to tell it like it is (see my sig), you are the one that is in serious denial.

You will pick one or two next year in the draft, I don't think there is another team with the exception of maybe Jax that has less talent than the Raiders do.

MyManHali
06-27-2013, 05:06 AM
The Kansas City Chiefs will have a top 3 defensive backfield, #1 rushing attack from a year ago, the best OT tandem in the league, the best LB corp in the league, 2/3 of the D-line were drafted in the top 15 overall. TWO first round picks at wideout, and a suddenly above average QB in an offensive system that consistently ranked in the top half of the league in Philly.

WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT??? I promise that the other 11 teams that will make the playoffs this season don't have that kind of talent to claim heading into this season.

Stay Calm and Go Chiefs :smile

I am late responding to this, but until you get a franchise quarterback your drought will continue. It doesn't matter if you have this or that guy, a franchise quarterback is a necessity in the NFL and until the Chiefs prove they have that franchise guy I will continue to be pessimistic, and rightfully so.

otf
06-27-2013, 08:28 AM
You have no wr, qb, secondary, d line is average at best, Mcfadden always plays on one leg. I just don't understand how you think your team is legit this year, atleast when I know the Chiefs aren't legit I try to tell it like it is

Sounds great, but with everything you mentioned above and we were in worse shape last year and swept your "talented" team. 1-5 against KC in last 6 games and swept KC 2 out of last 3 years, this is how it is (reality).

You will pick one or two next year in the draft

This is exactly what I was telling Chief fans last year when they were talking about how talented they were. Do I think the Raiders are SB contenders? Nope but they are closer than KC and San Diego at this point. With that said everyone has a right to an opinion and this is mine as you have yours. At the end of the season one of us will be right and the other will be wrong... time will tell. I do believe in the very near future it will be Oak & KC battling for the top spot because Manning can't play for ever and SD is on the way down.

I enjoy the discussion but I am going to leave this one alone as not to offend some here.

doobs_05
06-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Sounds great, but with everything you mentioned above and we were in worse shape last year and swept your "talented" team. 1-5 against KC in last 6 games and swept KC 2 out of last 3 years, this is how it is (reality).

This is exactly what I was telling Chief fans last year when they were talking about how talented they were. Do I think the Raiders are SB contenders? Nope but they are closer than KC and San Diego at this point. With that said everyone has a right to an opinion and this is mine as you have yours. At the end of the season one of us will be right and the other will be wrong... time will tell. I do believe in the very near future it will be Oak & KC battling for the top spot because Manning can't play for ever and SD is on the way down.

I enjoy the discussion but I am going to leave this one alone as not to offend some here.

Eh.....Raiders are in a full rebuild mode right now. They dropped all those bad contracts that Al Davis made. If all the new people they hired last year do a good job, the raiders could be back to a contender, but it's going to take awhile.

MyManHali
06-27-2013, 07:48 PM

I predicted the Chiefs to finish 6-10 in 2012 and finish last in the division. I am not a believer in Alex Smith and do not think he will take us anywhere. I am realistic, you also need to be as well. The Raiders will be awful this year, I am just saying I have never seen a roster with such little talent. No offensive production and the defense is mediocre at best.

matthewschiefs
06-27-2013, 11:49 PM

We still have 99% of the talent that we had last year and have MUCH BETTER coaching if you call what we had last year a coaching staff. Some of the talent you guys have left. You have a QB who is going into his 1st season as a starter. We have a QB who the last couple of years has been right with the best. Nearly a winning % of 75% I don't think you can say you're closer to a superbowl then us. We fired our biggest weakness last year in Romeo Crennel and replaced him with a head coach who has been to the playoffs many times and has many wins in the playoffs. Our talent is no longer going to be hampered by one of the worst Head coaches in the history of the NFL.

matthewschiefs
06-27-2013, 11:53 PM
I am late responding to this, but until you get a franchise quarterback your drought will continue. It doesn't matter if you have this or that guy, a franchise quarterback is a necessity in the NFL and until the Chiefs prove they have that franchise guy I will continue to be pessimistic, and rightfully so.

Here's a little fun fact that I'm sure you will love

Superbowl wins
Trent Dilfer (game manager) 1
Peyton Manning 1

Get the right QB for your team you can win

texaschief
06-28-2013, 10:13 AM

Superbowl wins
Peyton Manning 1

You realize you're arguing with someone who thinks Geno Smith is a franchise QB worth the #1 overall pick, right? The same Geno Smith who can't even challenge Mark (the worst QB in the league) Sanchez for the starting spot in NY. Myman's QB evals are not to be taken seriously.

doobs_05
06-28-2013, 11:30 AM

Superbowl wins
Trent Dilfer (game manager/had the best D in the league) 1
Peyton Manning 1

FTFY

Surprised you didn't add TB's QB when they won it, sad when you can't name the QB but can name a bunch of D players (Barber, Rice, Lynch, Sapp, brooks)

MyManHali
06-28-2013, 06:41 PM

Superbowl wins
Peyton Manning 1

That's great. The one example you can think of in recent memory is 13 years ago. Brad Johnson, 10 years ago. It's a quarterback league now.

Got anything recent? Didn't think so.

MyManHali
06-28-2013, 06:43 PM
You realize you're arguing with someone who thinks Geno Smith is a franchise QB worth the #1 overall pick, right? The same Geno Smith who can't even challenge Mark (the worst QB in the league) Sanchez for the starting spot in NY. Myman's QB evals are not to be taken seriously.

Was it you that stated Eric Fisher was going to be our LT when the season started? So much for your eval.

matthewschiefs
06-28-2013, 06:51 PM
That's great. The one example you can think of in recent memory is 13 years ago. Brad Johnson, 10 years ago. It's a quarterback league now.

Got anything recent? Didn't think so.

Big ben 1st superbowl

He himself has said he was nothing more then a game manager in there 1st superbowl. In fact in this article he even said they won that super bowl INSPITE of him as the QB.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ben-roethlisberger-planning-strike-super-bowl-flop-memory-article-1.420779

You know for it being impossible to win a super bowl without this elite Franchise Qb that you talk about a few teams did the impossible

MyManHali
06-28-2013, 06:53 PM
One thing is for sure, the tears will flow when Alex Ca... I mean Smith steps onto the field and completes his dink and dunk drive with a 45 yard field goal. At least we have a legitimate shot at drafting a quarterback next year.

matthewschiefs
06-28-2013, 07:15 PM
One thing is for sure, the tears will flow when Alex Ca... I mean Smith steps onto the field and completes his dink and dunk drive with a 45 yard field goal. At least we have a legitimate shot at drafting a quarterback next year.

:sign0023::sign0023:

I missed you myman I mean where else can we get the same old BS spread over and over again

And I'm sure the tears have also been flowing when the greatest QB ever Geno Smith didn't beat out the guy who gave us the buttfumble

texaschief
06-29-2013, 01:48 AM
Was it you that stated Eric Fisher was going to be our LT when the season started? So much for your eval.

You think me being wrong as to which side of the line Fisher will start, is on par with you advocating the Chiefs blow the highest draft pick in the teams history on a guy who can't challenge Mark Sanchez??

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!! !!!!

... and you wonder why no one can take you seriously.

MyManHali
06-29-2013, 04:11 AM
:sign0023::sign0023:

I missed you myman I mean where else can we get the same old BS spread over and over again

And I'm sure the tears have also been flowing when the greatest QB ever Geno Smith didn't beat out the guy who gave us the buttfumble

He's only a rookie, and if it turns out he's a bust in 3 seasons then so be it. At least I wanted something different instead of accepting the same garbage we have had the past 4 seasons.

MyManHali
06-29-2013, 04:14 AM
You think me being wrong as to which side of the line Fisher will start, is on par with you advocating the Chiefs blow the highest draft pick in the teams history on a guy who can't challenge Mark Sanchez??

And we continue to get back up qb after back up qb with your blessing. I know there are 2 Texan posters on here and I believe you predicted 12-4. I will be looking forward to seeing if your 12-4 prediction comes true (Haha).

I would of much rather drafted and taken a chance on a quarterback than a RT, but we all know around here "right tackles win super bowls."

MyManHali
06-29-2013, 04:30 AM

Also, you do realize Mark Sanchez has had a better career than Alex Smith dont you? How can I take Alex Smith seriously?

matthewschiefs
06-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Also, you do realize Mark Sanchez has had a better career than Alex Smith dont you? How can I take Alex Smith seriously?

MORE BS

Smith career Rating is higher then Sanchez and Smith has thrown 18 more tds then he has Ints while Sanchez has thrown 1 more pick then tds. And Sanchez came into a MUCH better team then Smith did with a MUCH better coach. But nice try

#58ChiefsFan
06-29-2013, 07:16 PM
He's only a rookie, and if it turns out he's a bust in 3 seasons then so be it. At least I wanted something different instead of accepting the same garbage we have had the past 4 seasons.

In fairness I'm not sure anyone here "wanted" Alex Smith as the QBOTF but rather until he gets on the field and fails most people think he at least deserves a chance. Dorsey hasn't extended his contract yet so as of today we aren't tied to him the Pioli did us before.

texaschief
06-29-2013, 07:37 PM

lol. oh, you.

Eydugstr
06-30-2013, 12:28 PM

....weak...

Lemme guess, he should be traded immeadiately for Kyle Orton?

MyManHali
06-30-2013, 01:34 PM
MORE BS

Smith career Rating is higher then Sanchez and Smith has thrown 18 more tds then he has Ints while Sanchez has thrown 1 more pick then tds. And Sanchez came into a MUCH better team then Smith did with a MUCH better coach. But nice try

He has had the better career. Sanchez has thrown for more yards per season, touchdowns and has more playoff wins.

Truth hurts.

MyManHali
06-30-2013, 01:35 PM
....weak...

Lemme guess, he should be traded immeadiately for Kyle Orton?

Well, let's look back to the 2012 season. Would you of rather had Cassel or Orton under center?

Think about it.

texaschief
06-30-2013, 03:19 PM
Sanchez has never finished a season higher than 23rd in QBR. Ranking 28, 27, 23, and 31 since 2009. Over that same time span, Alex Smith ranked 19, 21, 9, and 12. This is a very QB specific stat. You like to take Alex Smith's accomplishments away because of who surrounded him. Fine. But you have to do the same thing for Mark. This is a stand alone stat that is designed specifically to judge the play of a QB.

But I'm sure this stat somehow isn't important because it kills your argument.

MyManHali
06-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Sanchez has never finished a season higher than 23rd in QBR. Ranking 28, 27, 23, and 31 since 2009. Over that same time span, Alex Smith ranked 19, 21, 9, and 12. This is a very QB specific stat. You like to take Alex Smith's accomplishments away because of who surrounded him. Fine. But you have to do the same thing for Mark. This is a stand alone stat that is designed specifically to judge the play of a QB.

I would somewhat agree with that, but to be fair you would have to compare their first 4 seasons in the NFL. But do you know what is sad? You are actually having to disprove that our starting quarterback is better than Mark Sanchez.

This is going to be a very long year.

Edit: Where are you getting your stats? QBR Rankings. This definitely isn't good:

09- 22nd
10- 28th
11- 22nd
12 (Half of the year)- 7th

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

matthewschiefs
06-30-2013, 04:58 PM
He has had the better career. Sanchez has thrown for more yards per season, touchdowns and has more playoff wins.

Truth hurts.

Ya forget that Sanchez has thrown more INTS then Tds and a worse QB rating hes throw for more YARDS Really? And you tell me whats a better situation Rex ryan or Mike nolan/singletary and who had a better team around them Sanchez his rookie year or Smith

Stop just stop

matthewschiefs
06-30-2013, 04:59 PM

BUT BUT you no you can't hold the guys that Myman likes to the same standard as the guys he doesn't like that's just not fair

matthewschiefs
06-30-2013, 05:08 PM
I would somewhat agree with that, but to be fair you would have to compare their first 4 seasons in the NFL. But do you know what is sad? You are actually having to disprove that our starting quarterback is better than Mark Sanchez.

This is going to be a very long year.

Edit: Where are you getting your stats? QBR Rankings. This definitely isn't good:

09- 22nd
10- 28th
11- 22nd
12 (Half of the year)- 7th

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Smith would've been much higher in 2011 if it were not for sacks. The 2011 niners O line was pretty bad look at every other number there much higher then some of the guys above him just look that PAss EPA Smith ranks higher there then
1. Dalton
2. Your boy Orton
3.Fitzpatrick
4.Cassel
5. Flacco
6, Cutler
7. Vick
8. Schaub

I don't know about you but I put alot more stock in Passing EPA for a qb then sacks given a lot of which is the O lines fault not the QBs. I have never known 1 QB that told his O line not to block To prove this point the niners ranked 20th in total offensive line rankings but they were 26th in the passing game some of those sacks were no doubt on the QB but not all.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/22/ranking-the-2011-offensive-lines-part-1/

brdempsey69
06-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Bottom line is that NO team in the NFL would have taken any QB in the 2013 draft over Joeckel or Fisher at the #1 overall pick. Dion Jordan was not a need player with Hali and Houston as the starters, they needed depth and decided to go with Catapano in round 7 to try to address that. Tyler Bray would have been taken by someone in rounds 2-4, if it were not for the off-the-field issues & he may wind being just like Burfict when it's all said and done.

Not sure where people get the mindset that the Chiefs had to take a QB at #1, especially with the Alex Smith deal having been done. It makes more sense to go after a developmental type QB like Bray later on, rather than waste the #1 overall pick on a QB, and instead take the best O-Line prospect that Mike Mayock had rated as the best player in the draft. Common sense, I would think.

matthewschiefs
06-30-2013, 08:56 PM
Bottom line is that NO team in the NFL would have taken any QB in the 2013 draft over Joeckel or Fisher at the #1 overall pick. Dion Jordan was not a need player with Hali and Houston as the starters, they needed depth and decided to go with Catapano in round 7 to try to address that. Tyler Bray would have been taken by someone in rounds 2-4, if it were not for the off-the-field issues & he may wind being just like Burfict when it's all said and done.

Not sure where people get the mindset that the Chiefs had to take a QB at #1, especially with the Alex Smith deal having been done. It makes more sense to go after a developmental type QB like Bray later on, rather than waste the #1 overall pick on a QB, and instead take the best O-Line prospect that Mike Mayock had rated as the best player in the draft. Common sense, I would think.

BUT BUT BUT you can't win without drafting a 1st round qb forget the fact that so many teams have done so that doesn't matter you can't win without drafting a 1st round QB lol

MyManHali
06-30-2013, 08:57 PM
Smith would've been much higher in 2011 if it were not for sacks. The 2011 niners O line was pretty bad look at every other number there much higher then some of the guys above him just look that PAss EPA Smith ranks higher there then
1. Dalton
2. Your boy Orton
3.Fitzpatrick
4.Cassel
5. Flacco
6, Cutler
7. Vick
8. Schaub

I don't know about you but I put alot more stock in Passing EPA for a qb then sacks given a lot of which is the O lines fault not the QBs. I have never known 1 QB that told his O line not to block To prove this point the niners ranked 20th in total offensive line rankings but they were 26th in the passing game some of those sacks were no doubt on the QB but not all.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/22/ranking-the-2011-offensive-lines-part-1/

I disagree. The 49ers had the 7th best pass blocking offensive line in 2012. Kaepernick was only sacked 16 times. In the same number of pass attempts Alex Smith was sacked 24 times.

http://i.imgur.com/7XFEZka.jpg

matthewschiefs
06-30-2013, 09:02 PM
I disagree. The 49ers had the 7th best pass blocking offensive line in 2012. Kaepernick was only sacked 16 times. In the same number of pass attempts Alex Smith was sacked 24 times.

http://i.imgur.com/7XFEZka.jpg

It makes since the sack totals would be better for Kapernick he's much more of a running qb then Smith so he was able to avoid some sacks and extend the play more then Smith But I still put more stock in numbers regarding passing for a QB then sacks allowed as I stated sacks are most the time more on the O line then the QB. Some QBs are able to get out of sacks more then others so it looks better on the O Line.

MyManHali
06-30-2013, 09:11 PM
If I remember correctly one of the requirements that TexasChief had for Alex Smith was that he would throw for 25 touchdowns this season. Since you are a believer in Smith, TexasChief, are you willing to do a loser leaves the board for a year? Let's make it interesting. 25 touchdowns and I leave the board, fewer than 25 you leave the board.

Man up.

Justin5772002
07-01-2013, 02:30 AM
Lets sweeten the deal 1 td pass from Alex and you leave the board my man...

doobs_05
07-01-2013, 08:43 AM
OR

We could all just shut the F up about it until the team gets on the field and does something, instead of hyping or derailing the team

MyManHali
07-01-2013, 12:54 PM
OR

We could all just shut the F up about it until the team gets on the field and does something, instead of hyping or derailing the team

Then no one would post!

doobs_05
07-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Then no one would post!

.....well then....

But in reality, i like the fact this forum is not a full on "This is our Year" every year, but i would like to see you guys do some bets, maybe AV or sig bets would be nice. And no hiding and not posting if you lose, man up.

matthewschiefs
07-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Then no one would post!

Posting is one thing going ON AND ON AND ON about 1 of the 53 guys on the team is anther. Bashing the QB before he has played one down for this team is just silly as is making bets right now. We have nothing to base an opinion on now after camp and some preseason games then we would be in more of a position to judge although preseason can't be use preseason to judge completely either as we saw by the 1st preseason last year

texaschief
07-01-2013, 11:08 PM
If I remember correctly one of the requirements that TexasChief had for Alex Smith was that he would throw for 25 touchdowns this season. Since you are a believer in Smith, TexasChief, are you willing to do a loser leaves the board for a year? Let's make it interesting. 25 touchdowns and I leave the board, fewer than 25 you leave the board.

Man up.

Done.

texaschief
07-01-2013, 11:10 PM
Any bets on who has the better year between Alex, Geno, Sanchez, and Romo?

MyManHali
07-02-2013, 12:50 AM

Obviously Romo. Romo would be top 5 in the league easy if he didn't make so many dumb mistakes. Personally, I don't think he cares and why should he? He makes mega millions and plays golf on the nicest courses in Dallas. Why would anyone have any passion for football after all that?

Justin5772002
07-02-2013, 07:12 AM
Definitely not Sanchez. I think it's between Alex and Romo. R we talking chiefs vs cowboys records? Or QB ratings?

doobs_05
07-02-2013, 11:46 AM
i like how everyone gives Romo crap the botch in seattle, but he did the right thing after bobbling it and almost scored a TD. Yes he makes mistakes, but at the same time, he keeps them in the game.

Sanchez got to 2 or 3 AFC Championship game, but man he sucks........

MyManHali
07-03-2013, 12:49 AM
i like how everyone gives Romo crap the botch in seattle, but he did the right thing after bobbling it and almost scored a TD. Yes he makes mistakes, but at the same time, he keeps them in the game.

Sanchez got to 2 or 3 AFC Championship game, but man he sucks........

And yet he's had a better career than Alex Smith.

SloJimFizz
07-03-2013, 12:16 PM
And yrantingset he's had a better career than Alex Smith.

So you would feel more comfy with Sanchez instead of Alex this year?
Quit beating this to a pulp. Alex is going to play for the Chiefs no matter how
much you pummel us with your stupid *** rant.
Who is your team of choice? Your not much of a chiefs fan imo.

matthewschiefs
07-03-2013, 06:56 PM
And yet he's had a better career than Alex Smith.

Yes because a

QB Rating of 71.9 a 68td/69int is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better then

Qb rating of 79.1 a 81td/63INT

And Sanchez even joined a better team and had a MUCH better head coach then what Smith did in his first few seasons. But go on with this BS thought of yours I mean really Smith has throw more tds and less ints then Sanchez

Also even though Smith has been in the NFL longer Sanchez has more fumbles But you're right he's so much better

matthewschiefs
07-03-2013, 06:59 PM

I think that's really between Romo and Alex. Sanchez will start the season as the starter but I think by the end of the year Geno will be there starter so they can see what they got in him

MyManHali
07-04-2013, 10:23 PM
Yes because a

QB Rating of 71.9 a 68td/69int is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better then

Qb rating of 79.1 a 81td/63INT

And Sanchez even joined a better team and had a MUCH better head coach then what Smith did in his first few seasons. But go on with this BS thought of yours I mean really Smith has throw more tds and less ints then Sanchez

Also even though Smith has been in the NFL longer Sanchez has more fumbles But you're right he's so much better

Since Alex Smith has been in the league much longer than Sanchez has, you have to compare their careers year by year. If you do that you will see on average Mark Sancez has thrown for more touchdowns and yards. Overall, he also has more playoff wins.

Sanchez has had the better career.

matthewschiefs
07-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Since Alex Smith has been in the league much longer than Sanchez has, you have to compare their careers year by year. If you do that you will see on average Mark Sancez has thrown for more touchdowns and yards. Overall, he also has more playoff wins.

Sanchez has had the better career.

You again ignore the fact that Sanchez came into a MUCH better spot then Smith. The Jets were a team that was ready to compete for the playoffs the 49ers weren't. You also ignore the coaching thing you have NEVER been able to tell me 1 QB that played well for Mike Nolan/Singletary. I have asked this time and time again you haven't named 1 You ignore that because you can't name one. Rex Ryan has proven to be a better head coach then Nolan/Singletary. All that has helped Sanchez Smith didn't have that. That plays a factor in some of what you talk about no matter how much you don't want to admit it because it doesn't fit your argument.

And you also conviently didn't address the turnover issue. Thought Alex Smith has been in the NFL longer Sanchez has more turnovers then Smith
Smith 63 INT 9 Fumbles = 72 turnovers 8 seasons in 80 games =.9 turnovers per game 81 passing tds 4 rushing tds 85 tds 1.06 tds per game so a td/int of 1.06/.9 td/turnover per game ratio
Sanchez 69 INT 17 fumbles = 86 turnovers In 4 seasons in 62 games = 1.38 turnovers per game 68 passing tds 12 rushing 80 tds 1.29tds a game a td to turnover ratio of 1.29/1.38

Yes Sanchez has a higher Td average but he also has a higher turnover average you just want to talk about the numbers that make your argument look better. Well there's more then yards and Tds to being a QB. You also have to take care of the ball. Sanchez has failed to do so. Smith trails in the td and yards true but he's better in the turnover battle MUCH better How convent that you don't mention that

MyManHali
07-05-2013, 06:44 AM
You again ignore the fact that Sanchez came into a MUCH better spot then Smith. The Jets were a team that was ready to compete for the playoffs the 49ers weren't. You also ignore the coaching thing you have NEVER been able to tell me 1 QB that played well for Mike Nolan/Singletary. I have asked this time and time again you haven't named 1 You ignore that because you can't name one. Rex Ryan has proven to be a better head coach then Nolan/Singletary. All that has helped Sanchez Smith didn't have that. That plays a factor in some of what you talk about no matter how much you don't want to admit it because it doesn't fit your argument.

And you also conviently didn't address the turnover issue. Thought Alex Smith has been in the NFL longer Sanchez has more turnovers then Smith
Smith 63 INT 9 Fumbles = 72 turnovers 8 seasons in 80 games =.9 turnovers per game 81 passing tds 4 rushing tds 85 tds 1.06 tds per game so a td/int of 1.06/.9 td/turnover per game ratio
Sanchez 69 INT 17 fumbles = 86 turnovers In 4 seasons in 62 games = 1.38 turnovers per game 68 passing tds 12 rushing 80 tds 1.29tds a game a td to turnover ratio of 1.29/1.38

Yes Sanchez has a higher Td average but he also has a higher turnover average you just want to talk about the numbers that make your argument look better. Well there's more then yards and Tds to being a QB. You also have to take care of the ball. Sanchez has failed to do so. Smith trails in the td and yards true but he's better in the turnover battle MUCH better How convent that you don't mention that

Why do I feel like we just had a quarterback who didn't throw for many yards per season? Oh yes, we did! His name was Matt Cassel.

doobs_05
07-05-2013, 08:56 AM
So you would feel more comfy with Sanchez instead of Alex this year?
Quit beating this to a pulp. Alex is going to play for the Chiefs no matter how
much you pummel us with your stupid *** rant.
Who is your team of choice? Your not much of a chiefs fan imo.

Because he questions the chiefs selection of a QB? I'm pretty sure he won't be watching the game and hoping and praying Alex Smith sucks, i bet he'll eat crow if Alex gets to the playofffs and KC wins a playoff game. You'll have your fans that will pull for a guy on the chiefs no matter what (on the field or off the field problems), and you'll have the fans that will question what the front office is doing or question a player that coems in that has had a bad past.

matthewschiefs
07-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Why do I feel like we just had a quarterback who didn't throw for many yards per season? Oh yes, we did! His name was Matt Cassel.

Once again you can't answer and FACTS in that post so you just go back to your normal BLAH BLAH BLAH nice

matthewschiefs
07-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Because he questions the chiefs selection of a QB? I'm pretty sure he won't be watching the game and hoping and praying Alex Smith sucks, i bet he'll eat crow if Alex gets to the playofffs and KC wins a playoff game. You'll have your fans that will pull for a guy on the chiefs no matter what (on the field or off the field problems), and you'll have the fans that will question what the front office is doing or question a player that coems in that has had a bad past.

My man will think he was right somehow someway he will claim he was right he did it after the Geno thing. Ryfo maned up and said he was wrong my man just went on claiming Geno was worth the number 1 overall pick. He also did it with Mccluster. He told me last year that Mccluster wouldn't play when he did he tried to throw out some BS reason why that shouldn't count although I have forgotten what it was now it's been a while. But if there's one thing my man doesn't do it's eat Crow. He will spin it to somehow someway he knew Smith was going to be great if it turns out that he is.

The reason so many people say stuff about him not being a Chiefs fan is that 99.9% of his post are nothing but him bashing guys on this team. When Pioli was fired he was happy. But the new GM makes 1 move he doesn't like and he's already declared him to fail just like Pioli. 1 move is all it took. He has already judged people before 1 snap is taken he deserves most the flack he gets. He just doesn't let it die. We all know that he doesn't like the move for Alex Smith which is fine. Do we need to here about it every post he makes? You can disagree with a move the front office makes. I've done it but when all you do is bash the team people are going to question if you're here to be a fan or just to cause problems.

MyManHali
07-05-2013, 10:10 PM

You are correct. Honestly, I hope Alex Smith turns into Aaron Rodgers but I highly doubt it will happen. It's really a win win for me, either they do extremely well and I leave the board because of the wager with TexasChief or they don't do well and I am right. As Seinfeld said, "see how it always evens out for me?"

MyManHali
07-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Once again you can't answer and FACTS in that post so you just go back to your normal BLAH BLAH BLAH nice

All I am saying is that his play and stats remind me of Matt Cassel. Even in Smith's one good year is similar to Cassel's. He is a quarterback who is conservative (Cassel), doesn't throw for a lot of yards (Cassel), throws many short passes (Cassel). Hell, 73% of his passes were 10 yards or less (Cassel).

MyManHali
07-05-2013, 10:16 PM
My man will think he was right somehow someway he will claim he was right he did it after the Geno thing. Ryfo maned up and said he was wrong my man just went on claiming Geno was worth the number 1 overall pick. He also did it with Mccluster. He told me last year that Mccluster wouldn't play when he did he tried to throw out some BS reason why that shouldn't count although I have forgotten what it was now it's been a while. But if there's one thing my man doesn't do it's eat Crow. He will spin it to somehow someway he knew Smith was going to be great if it turns out that he is.

The reason so many people say stuff about him not being a Chiefs fan is that 99.9% of his post are nothing but him bashing guys on this team. When Pioli was fired he was happy. But the new GM makes 1 move he doesn't like and he's already declared him to fail just like Pioli. 1 move is all it took. He has already judged people before 1 snap is taken he deserves most the flack he gets. He just doesn't let it die. We all know that he doesn't like the move for Alex Smith which is fine. Do we need to here about it every post he makes? You can disagree with a move the front office makes. I've done it but when all you do is bash the team people are going to question if you're here to be a fan or just to cause problems.

I said we should draft Geno, he hasn't played one game and now I should eat crow? I thought we were supposed to give quarterbacks a minimum of 4 seasons with the perfect offensive line and same OC. At least that is what I learned during the Matt Cassel era.

It has been more than 1 move. We trade arenas for a fullback. Question mark there, we then trade possibly 2 second round picks for Mr. 175 yards per game Alex Smith who only has 2 years left on his deal and then use our number 1 pick on a right tackle.

It's Similar to what Pioli did when he got here.

matthewschiefs
07-05-2013, 11:29 PM
All I am saying is that his play and stats remind me of Matt Cassel. Even in Smith's one good year is similar to Cassel's. He is a quarterback who is conservative (Cassel), doesn't throw for a lot of yards (Cassel), throws many short passes (Cassel). Hell, 73% of his passes were 10 yards or less (Cassel).
Everything you said there is true but like always you're leaving out alot that doesn't fit your argument
Matt Cassel has never had a qb rating of over 100 Smith has (not cassel) Matt Cassel never put 2 good years together Smith the last 2 years Cassel had a good year in 08 with the pats then off year then good in 2010 then off the next 2 years. (not Cassel) Matt Cassel has never won a playoff game even with a good D and good running game smith has (not Cassel)
Sorry but just because facts don't fit your argument doesn't mean there not true and should be ignored.

I said we should draft Geno, he hasn't played one game and now I should eat crow? I thought we were supposed to give quarterbacks a minimum of 4 seasons with the perfect offensive line and same OC. At least that is what I learned during the Matt Cassel era.
You said Geno was worth the number 1 pick in the draft. The fact that he didn't go in the entire first round proves you wrong. I suggested that they should consider Teo you pretty much called me an idiot He went before Geno by 1 pick. Sorry but you were wrong about Geno he wasn't as good as you made him out to be.
And again Geno Average .1 ypc more then Smith so isn't he (Cassel) Or since you like him do we ignore that?

It has been more than 1 move. We trade arenas for a fullback. Question mark there, we then trade possibly 2 second round picks for Mr. 175 yards per game Alex Smith who only has 2 years left on his deal and then use our number 1 pick on a right tackle.

It's Similar to what Pioli did when he got here.

You had declared Dorsey just like Pioli before the trade for a FB happened you did it as soon as the QB trade was reported.

And Pioli never has the weak QB draft class that Dorsey did. This QB class was the weakest in years. Maybe that had something to do with giving draft picks. It's apples and oranges Pioli never had a QB draft class that weak. Dorsey didn't have any Lucks,RGIII to get. But why include that fact since it doesn't fit your argument right?

texaschief
07-07-2013, 02:45 PM
According to Bill Williamson of ESPN, the Chiefs have NINE of the top 20 players in the AFC WEST (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/59612/the-afc-wests-top-40).

1. Peyton Manning (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1428/peyton-manning), quarterback, Denver: No suspense here. Manning was dominant last year, his first in the division. Yes, he is still a superstar.

2. Von Miller (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13976/von-miller), linebacker, Denver: The third-year player is becoming one of the best defensive players in the NFL. An elite talent.

3. Jamaal Charles (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11307/jamaal-charles), running back, Kansas City: He was overshadowed by Adrian Peterson (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10452/adrian-peterson), but Charles was special in a comeback from a torn ACL.

4. Ryan Clady (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11246/ryan-clady), tackle, Denver: Blocking for Manning gave Clady a boost, and Manning appreciated every minute of it.

5. Demaryius Thomas (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13216/demaryius-thomas), receiver, Denver: He is not a product of Manning. The kid has rare skills.

6. Philip Rivers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5529/philip-rivers), quarterback, San Diego: Yes, he hasn’t been great for the past two years, but he is still a strong player.

7. Eric Weddle (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10481/eric-weddle), safety, San Diego: One of the more underrated players in the league. Scouts love the way he plays.

8. Wes Welker (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5941/wes-welker), receiver, Denver: The free-agent prize of the division will make Manning even more lethal.

9. Dwayne Bowe (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10467/dwayne-bowe), receiver, Kansas City: The league is waiting to see how Bowe responds to his big-money deal.

10. Eric Berry (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13252/eric-berry), safety, Kansas City: Healthy again, he is one of the most exciting young defenders in the game.

11. Tamba Hali (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/9606/tamba-hali), linebacker, Kansas City: He is a top pass-rusher. A very disruptive force.

12. Justin Houston (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14048/justin-houston), linebacker, Kansas City: Watching Houston and Miller grow together in the same division will be a treat.

13. Corey Liuget (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13989/corey-liuget), defensive end, San Diego: He has a chance to become a top player at his position. Big second season.

14. Champ Bailey (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1758/champ-bailey), cornerback, Denver: He’s near the end, but he is a still a plus player.

15. Branden Albert (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11249/branden-albert), tackle, Kansas City: He has improved steadily, and that’s why the Chiefs franchised him.

16. Derrick Johnson (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8430/derrick-johnson), linebacker, Kansas City: Simply a tackle machine. He’d help any team.

17. Brandon Flowers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11269/brandon-flowers), cornerback, Kansas City: A scout favorite. A fundamental gem.

18. Alex Smith (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8416/alex-smith), quarterback, Kansas City: Not an elite quarterback, but he has proved he can win games.

Denver only had 7. You have to be looking REALLY hard for flaws on this team to keep you from feeling optimistic about this season. Not making this list are the first round picks the past three drafts. Fisher and Poe should make next year's list. Baldwin is still young enough to put things together and be the elite #2 option the Chiefs wanted from him. This new offensive system that actually throws the ball to large bodies should benefit Baldwin immensely.

matthewschiefs
07-07-2013, 03:02 PM
According to Bill Williamson of ESPN, the Chiefs have NINE of the top 20 players in the AFC WEST (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/59612/the-afc-wests-top-40).

Denver only had 7. You have to be looking REALLY hard for flaws on this team to keep you from feeling optimistic about this season. Not making this list are the first round picks the past three drafts. Fisher and Poe should make next year's list. Baldwin is still young enough to put things together and be the elite #2 option the Chiefs wanted from him. This new offensive system that actually throws the ball to large bodies should benefit Baldwin immensely.

I'm still hopeful that Baldwin can be worth the 1st round pick. He will now have an NFL level coaching staff so we shall see how that helps. As well as the 3rd season is known as the make or break year for a guy. I know there are some who have given Baldwin a bust label but I don't think he's there just yet.

texaschief
07-07-2013, 05:31 PM
I'm still hopeful that Baldwin can be worth the 1st round pick. He will now have an NFL level coaching staff so we shall see how that helps. As well as the 3rd season is known as the make or break year for a guy. I know there are some who have given Baldwin a bust label but I don't think he's there just yet.

There are very few young WR's who come in and make an immediate impact and live up to expectations. Those that do are usually guys like Calvin or Andre. It took Bowe a few years to get where the Chiefs needed him to be. This will be his 3rd season. I wouldn't "give up" on him until after his 5th season at least. You can't teach talent and this guy has it in spades. This will his 3rd offensive system, 3rd OC, and 3rd head coach as he enters his 3rd season as a pro. Give him a couple years in the same system before you make up your mind about a kid.

doobs_05
07-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Denver is still the team to beat. They have the king of regular season QBing in manning who makes everyone around him better. If our DB's do not pan out, denver (and maybe the rest of the league)will be passing all over us

We were 0-6 in the AFC West last year. And in the past 6 years we are 11-25, Oak. 17-19, SD 25-11, and Den. 19-17. Looks like we need to learn how to beat these teams.

MyManHali
07-12-2013, 08:41 PM

The holes are obvious:

Questionable qb- We know that when the opposing team scores points, Alex Smith doesn't win.

Questionable corner opposite of Flowers (Sean Smith had perhaps the worst year of all the corners in 12)

Lackluster defensive line

The bottomline is the defense is going to have to play well for us to win. Alex Smith isn't going to be able to win if he's down early.

texaschief
07-13-2013, 03:08 AM
The holes are obvious:

Questionable qb- We know that when the opposing team scores points, Alex Smith doesn't win.

Questionable corner opposite of Flowers (Sean Smith had perhaps the worst year of all the corners in 12)

Lackluster defensive line

The bottomline is the defense is going to have to play well for us to win. Alex Smith isn't going to be able to win if he's down early.

You're the only one questioning those things. Doesn't exactly mean they're obvious holes. The Chiefs boast 2 first round picks and 2 pro bowl DE/OLB's on their DL. There aren't too many teams in the league who can say that. You have no idea what Smith can do in Reid's system. The Chiefs won't have to rely on Smith to win them games with the collection of offensive talent to help carry the load. Sean Smith will no longer be covering #1 WR's. You don't think that counts for something? Get a hold of yourself.

otf
07-13-2013, 01:03 PM
You're the only one questioning those things. Doesn't exactly mean they're obvious holes. The Chiefs boast 2 first round picks and 2 pro bowl DE/OLB's on their DL. There aren't too many teams in the league who can say that.
With these same players in 2012 the Chief's defense accomplished the following.

Gave up 19 runs of 20+ yards not many teams can say that. In fact only 1 team gave up more and 2 other teams gave up 19.
Only had 27 sacks again, not many teams can say their defense was only able to sack the QB 27 times or less. 2 Teams, Jax & Oak had less sacks and one other team had 27.
Had only 7 ints only one other team can boast in taking the ball away 7 times.
Gave up 29 passing TDs and only 5 teams gave up more.
Gave up 8.0 yds/pass only two teams were worse with NYG & NO giving up 8.1 yds/pass
Gave up 135.7 yds rushing per game only 5 teams gave up more.

Let's stop looking at the hype and look at production, KC defense is as overrated as it comes...

Chiefster
07-13-2013, 03:02 PM
With these same players in 2012 the Chief's defense accomplished the following.

Gave up 19 runs of 20+ yards not many teams can say that. In fact only 1 team gave up more and 2 other teams gave up 19.
Only had 27 sacks again, not many teams can say their defense was only able to sack the QB 27 times or less. 2 Teams, Jax & Oak had less sacks and one other team had 27.
Had only 7 ints only one other team can boast in taking the ball away 7 times.
Gave up 29 passing TDs and only 5 teams gave up more.
Gave up 8.0 yds/pass only two teams were worse with NYG & NO giving up 8.1 yds/pass
Gave up 135.7 yds rushing per game only 5 teams gave up more.

Let's stop looking at the hype and look at production, KC defense is as overrated as it comes...

All very good points.

It would be interesting to see at what point in the in those games the defensive production declined. A case might be made that in the majority of those games the second half is where our defensive performance was at it's worst. This could leave one to a reasonable conclusion that the defense was spent at half time having been on the field for much of the first half due to inept offensive performance.

otf
07-15-2013, 02:53 AM
All very good points.

It would be interesting to see at what point in the in those games the defensive production declined. A case might be made that in the majority of those games the second half is where our defensive performance was at it's worst. This could leave one to a reasonable conclusion that the defense was spent at half time having been on the field for much of the first half due to inept offensive performance.

Would be worth exploring, but looking at the ToP stats on NFL.com Chiefs had the ball on average 30:20 per game. So if the Defense was on field a significant amount of the first half one would have to reason they were not on the field much in the 2nd half. Although if there were a lot of big plays in the 2nd half, that would explain it...

ToP stats on NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=TIME_OF_POSS_SECONDS_PER_GAME_AVG&tabSeq=2&season=2012&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=false)

matthewschiefs
07-15-2013, 01:29 PM
Would be worth exploring, but looking at the ToP stats on NFL.com Chiefs had the ball on average 30:20 per game. So if the Defense was on field a significant amount of the first half one would have to reason they were not on the field much in the 2nd half. Although if there were a lot of big plays in the 2nd half, that would explain it...

ToP stats on NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=TIME_OF_POSS_SECONDS_PER_GAME_AVG&tabSeq=2&season=2012&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=false)

The truth is the defense just wasn't that great last year first or 2nd half. So many Chiefs fans wanted to put last year on the QB spot well it was a lot worse then that. The Offense hurt the D with turnovers but there were a lot of games where the D just plan stunk up the place even without the turnovers. They Made Josh Freeman one Sunday afternoon look like a hall of fame QB and His WRS look like Hall of famers as well. It was horrible. The whole team was horrible. That points to coaching. There were times the D played outstanding. There were times the offense moved the ball well. Those times were just few and far between. The biggest problem the 2012 Chiefs had was the coaching staff. They never put this team in a spot where they could do well. The MNF game John Gruden was literally laughing at the offense playcalling of the Chiefs on the air. I was screaming all of this all last season but some just wanted to focus on the QB spot. While the QBs hurt the team big time the coaching was FAR FAR worse. They went out and got a proven NFL head coach who has been to the playoffs more then a few times. They went out and got really the best QB they could in a year where the QB draft class was WEAK. They have addressed there main needs. How it works out remains to be seen. This team has potential to be really good. But that was said last season as well. It will be interesting to see how it plays out

Chiefster
07-16-2013, 11:42 PM
The truth is the defense just wasn't that great last year first or 2nd half. So many Chiefs fans wanted to put last year on the QB spot well it was a lot worse then that. The Offense hurt the D with turnovers but there were a lot of games where the D just plan stunk up the place even without the turnovers. They Made Josh Freeman one Sunday afternoon look like a hall of fame QB and His WRS look like Hall of famers as well. It was horrible. The whole team was horrible. That points to coaching. There were times the D played outstanding. There were times the offense moved the ball well. Those times were just few and far between. The biggest problem the 2012 Chiefs had was the coaching staff. They never put this team in a spot where they could do well. The MNF game John Gruden was literally laughing at the offense playcalling of the Chiefs on the air. I was screaming all of this all last season but some just wanted to focus on the QB spot. While the QBs hurt the team big time the coaching was FAR FAR worse. They went out and got a proven NFL head coach who has been to the playoffs more then a few times. They went out and got really the best QB they could in a year where the QB draft class was WEAK. They have addressed there main needs. How it works out remains to be seen. This team has potential to be really good. But that was said last season as well. It will be interesting to see how it plays out

I will agree that there seemed to be numerous times, now that I think about it, that it appeared as if the defense just gave up, and it was usually in the second half if I remember properly.

Chiefster
07-16-2013, 11:48 PM

One possible explanation might be that once the game was put out reach; opposing teams sat on the lead in the second half implementing a vanilla type of “ground it out” kind of game and rested their starters. This, however, is merely conjecture on my part.

chiefnut
07-22-2013, 02:20 PM
better "O" line than last year, better back up RB to JC, better FB to block with, serious upgrade at TE's, added a better #3 WR, HUGE upgrade at QB, much more point friendly scoring offensive scheme via new coaching staff but your right its the same as last year

chiefnut
07-22-2013, 02:56 PM
internal strife w/GM and players, bad coaching, poor QB play, half a secondary, no consistent pass rush, the setting in of a losing attitude....put in a pot, stir it up and you get a 2-14 season

matthewschiefs
07-22-2013, 03:00 PM
I will agree that there seemed to be numerous times, now that I think about it, that it appeared as if the defense just gave up, and it was usually in the second half if I remember properly.

Indeed it was the 2nd half a lot of the time. I don't put that on the defense being tired as much as it was the lack of adjustments being made at the half. Just look at the 1st preseason game came out looked like a superbowl contender the rest of the preseason not so good. Same thing happened in the 1 regular season game well with the offense the D just sucked all day. But the 1st half in the opener against the Falcons this looked like a superbowl contending offense. Matt Cassel looked OUTSTANDING that half. What happened the 2nd half. It fell apart. It's like I said last year during the season that coaching staff wouldn't know how to make an adjustment if the step by step instruction manual for making adjustments slapped them in the face.

texaschief
07-22-2013, 04:44 PM
It was Scott Pioli. Poor upper management causes that kind of b.s. He was too concerned about candy wrappers to worry about scouting and good coaches. His only good contribution to this team was Justin Houston (and probably Eric Berry/Dontari Poe). The rest of his decisions were mediocre to complete garbage.

matthewschiefs
07-23-2013, 01:04 AM
It was Scott Pioli. Poor upper management causes that kind of b.s. He was too concerned about candy wrappers to worry about scouting and good coaches. His only good contribution to this team was Justin Houston (and probably Eric Berry/Dontari Poe). The rest of his decisions were mediocre to complete garbage.

I agree about the coaching and the scouting to an extent But I do think he did more then what most fans give him credit for. For one he did lock up Charles and Hali at a good price. And I do think that he added more talent then the players you listed but due to his HORRIBLE coaching hires they were not able to play up to there talent level. Baldwin I think could be one of those players. He has shown flashes then just like he has no place on an NFL field. Anther player is Kendrick Lewis he showed flashed while Berry was out but again hasn't been able to put that together for a long period of time. Mccluster also most fans don't remember that he was getting almost 6 ypc running the ball but only got it 12 times the whole season. THAT'S INSANE. Yes they have a speed back in Charles but as long as Mccluster is putting up those numbers you would think they could find him a carry or two each game. Some of the choices that this past coaching staff made were just STUPID. Now those players might just turn out to be nothing more then what we have seen. But I do think there are some players on this team that Pioli brought in that were hurt by the Choices Pioli made as the head coach.Which Pioli is still 100% at fault for. Hopefully we see there level of play pick up. I'm looking forward to seeing some of these guys play for a proven head coach.

Lord-Chiefy
07-23-2013, 05:09 PM
We are not ready to start a season we cant even sign our guys

texaschief
07-23-2013, 06:38 PM
We are not ready to start a season we cant even sign our guys

... you asked for it

Chiefster
07-24-2013, 11:18 PM
Indeed it was the 2nd half a lot of the time. I don't put that on the defense being tired as much as it was the lack of adjustments being made at the half. Just look at the 1st preseason game came out looked like a superbowl contender the rest of the preseason not so good. Same thing happened in the 1 regular season game well with the offense the D just sucked all day. But the 1st half in the opener against the Falcons this looked like a superbowl contending offense. Matt Cassel looked OUTSTANDING that half. What happened the 2nd half. It fell apart. It's like I said last year during the season that coaching staff wouldn't know how to make an adjustment if the step by step instruction manual for making adjustments slapped them in the face.

Coaching was definitely a HUGE part of our problem last year. It doesn't matter that we can send six players to the Pro-Bowl if we can't make half time adjustments. We gotta keep with what the "Jones'" are doing, so to speak.