TopekaRoy
08-16-2013, 01:34 AM
Kansas City Chiefshttp://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/v/nfl/teams/1/50x50w/kan.gif

vs.
San Francisco 49ershttp://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/v/nfl/teams/1/50x50w/sfo.gif
Friday, August 16, 7:00pm CDT
at
Arrowhead Stadium
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/68/bf/d6/arrowhead-stadium.jpg

Television coverage:
http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/c/c9/Fox_tv_logo-med-small_1.jpg
Kansas City area---Fox 4 WDAF
Topeka, Ks---Fox 43 KTMJ

Watch online: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers @ FirstRowSports.com (http://firstrowus1.eu/watch/201399/1/watch-san-francisco-49ers-vs-kansas-city-chiefs.html)

TopekaRoy
08-16-2013, 01:39 AM
Chiefs Team Report from Yahoo Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/kan/report):
No team among the 32 in the NFL has waited longer to see a punt or kickoff return end up in the end zone than the Kansas City Chiefs.

The last time it happened was 48 regular and post-season games ago, in the season opener of the 2010 season against San Diego in a Monday night game at Arrowhead Stadium. On September 13, 2010, rookie returner Dexter McCluster made a rookie mistake and caught a Chargers punt at his six-yard line, and 94 yards later nobody was talking about anything but his touchdown return.

The drought is the longest in the league, as every NFL team has had a punt or kickoff return for a score since that opening weekend.

In their preseason opener against the Saints in New Orleans the Chiefs did not score on a return. But under new special teams coach Dave Toub, they had the longest returns the Chiefs have seen in some time, including pre-season games:

McCluster had a 55-yard punt return in the first quarter that helped set up an early field goal for the Chiefs. It as the team's longest punt return since his 94-yarder.
Rookie running back Knile Davis returned a kickoff 79 yards late in the third quarter. It's the longest kick return in any game—pre, regular and post-season—since running back Jamaal Charles returned a kickoff 97 yards for a touchdown on November 22, 2009 against Pittsburgh.

There is now hope with the Chiefs that they can get some help from the return game.

"I was really happy with the way the guys responded," said Toub, who joined Andy Reid's staff after spending seasons handling the special teams with the Bears. "We have high expectations for this group and they work their butts off. It's good to see guys work so hard and reap rewards like they did in the game."

In the 2010 NFL Draft, then GM Scott Pioli used a pair of second-round draft choices to draft McCluster and cornerback Javier Arenas. Both were on the small side, but they were known for their quickness and their ability on returns; Arenas had set several NCAA records while at Alabama.

Toub feels McCluster is a natural punt returner because of his quickness in a compact area.
"He can make the first man miss," said Toub, who had record setting punt returner Devin Hester with the Bears. "As a punt returner in the NFL you're going to have to make someone miss and he's good at that."

In his three-year NFL career, McCluster has had three different special teams coaches, and he has become a big fan of Toub and the way he handles the kicking game.

"He knows that we can be game changers; special teams can win games," said McCluster. "I think that his focus and determination to get us better and bring the best out of us is going to be key to our success. He's a guy that really, really, really loves special teams."

Davis did not return kickoffs during his college career at the University of Arkansas, but Reid and Toub see him in that role for the Chiefs. He's not quite there yet.

"You have to be able to catch all the balls clean," said Toub. "He has to be clean there. He's catching a lot of balls of the jugs machine and before practice. He has to get some confidence, and we have to have confidence in him. He's still a work in progress."

That brings free safety Quintin Demps and wide receiver Devon Wylie into the picture as kick returners. McCluster will not be a candidate.

"Punt returner, that's a full-time job," Toub said. "We want him focused on that."

The Chiefs are focused on breaking their return drought.
"We sit back and watch the film and see the spark that we can be for this team, I think everyone is going to want to go out there and do it week in and week out."

Notable Quotable: "I try to do what the coaches tell me to do. If they tell me to practice more, I'll practice more and if they tell me to play more, I'll play more. I'm just out here competing every day and trying to make the most of it."
—No. 1 draft choice right tackle Eric Fisher who has struggled at times in the start to his NFL career.

TopekaRoy
08-16-2013, 01:43 AM
49ers Game Report (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/sfo/report):
The curious tale of wide receiver A.J. Jenkins, the San Francisco 49ers' surprise first round pick in 2012, added another less than memorable chapter to his biography in the team's preseason opener, a 10-6 loss to the Denver Broncos.Jenkins may be in better contention for the biggest first-round bust of the 2012 draft than he is for a spot on the 49ers roster.

He had no catches during his rookie season and after finally hauling in a pass at Candlestick Park Thursday, he fumbled it away in one of the team's four turnovers of the game.

Jenkins was on the field for most of the first half, but targeted only three times, two of which ended in turnovers. The other turnover wasn't Jenkins' fault. It was a badly overthrown by quarterback Scott Tolzien and intercepted. The third throw his way was an underthrown ball that Jenkins had no chance to get.

"Could have been better," coach Jim Harbaugh said of Jenkins. "We got work to do in areas."

The poor play from Jenkins wasn't the first bad sign about his chances at having a role with the 49ers. That came before the game started when Marlon Moore was named the starting wide receiver opposite veteran Anquan Boldin. The same Marlon Moore who had 12 career catches in parts of two seasons with the Miami Dolphins.

At the time of wide receiver Michael Crabtree's offseason torn Achilles, it was assumed Jenkins would be the next guy up. At some point, a first-round pick would see the field, right?

That's no longer a foregone conclusion.

Chad Hall, Ricardo Lockette, Kyle Williams and Moore have consistently outplayed Jenkins in camp and veteran Austin Collie caught two passes for 20 yards against Denver after only a week with the team. Eventually the 49ers will welcome back Mario Manningham and Crabtree to play alongside Boldin, which means Jenkins, a year after being the 30th overall pick, he might be looking for a new team.

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick offered words of encouragement for Jenkins after he coughed up the fumble.
"He is someone that we need to be able to rely on," Kaepernick said, which is about as encouraging as it gets based on what little Jenkins has done.

Notable Quotable: "I love the atmosphere at Candlestick. It's always crazy, it's historic and it was good to be out there."
—Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha on his first game in a 49ers uniform at Candlestick Park:

TopekaRoy
08-16-2013, 01:55 AM
Sorry I messed up the date. That should have been "- 8/16"

I'm still in preseason form, working out some bugs!

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 02:21 AM
Sorry I messed up the date. That should have been "- 8/16"

I'm still in preseason form, working out some bugs!

My game thread was WAY better LOL

AussieChiefsFan
08-16-2013, 06:43 AM
Looking forward to seeing what Tyler Bray can do. Also, I hope the first team has the success they had last week. Last week seemed really promising and it'd be great if it can carry over to this week vs the Super bowl runner-ups.

Chiefster
08-16-2013, 07:46 AM
I hope I can get this game. Nine times out of ten when Fox covers it the affiliate in my area doesn't show it.

Chiefster
08-16-2013, 07:52 AM
This is infuriating! I live in SE Kansas and our Fox affiliate is showing Tampa Bay @ New England!:sign0153:

mcclusterfan1982
08-16-2013, 01:50 PM
where are you at? McPherson?

brdempsey69
08-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Don't know what will happen in tonights pre-season game, but I do know that Arrowhead has been a chamber of horrors for the 49ers in the regular season ever since they converted to a grass field in 1994.

Lord-Chiefy
08-16-2013, 03:12 PM
We better win or our season isn't looking good!!!!!!!!!!@

doobs_05
08-16-2013, 06:49 PM
We better win or our season isn't looking good!!!!!!!!!!@

Win what exactly....the first half? because if KC is leading at half and we put second string and beyond in (same as SF) and we end up losing, wasn't really the first strings fault (the players that will most likely start most of the season

doobs_05
08-16-2013, 06:51 PM
This is infuriating! I live in SE Kansas and our Fox affiliate is showing Tampa Bay @ New England!:sign0153:

Hahahaha, need a sell out crowd at a preseason game.... i guess

Also, does the Ticket (directTV) show preseason games, because if not, i think they should.

#58ChiefsFan
08-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Not on sunday ticket, nfln replays start on Saturday

Lord-Chiefy
08-16-2013, 07:41 PM
Looks like Charles out rest of preseason

Lord-Chiefy
08-16-2013, 07:44 PM
The game!! But especially starter on starter.

TopekaRoy
08-16-2013, 08:03 PM
The link on FirstRowUS1 is the Chiefs feed! Yea!

TopekaRoy
08-16-2013, 08:08 PM
Chiefs win!!!! ....

...the coin toss!

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 08:12 PM
The link on FirstRowUS1 is the Chiefs feed! Yea!

All i am getting is the audio
you getting video

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Even if gray catches that it's still short... was headed toward the sideline.

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 08:16 PM
Come on Tyson Jackson.

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 08:17 PM
not a good start for the defense at all

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 08:18 PM
SF WR wide open, just a bad throw.... Dunta Robinson burnt bad.

TopekaRoy
08-16-2013, 08:19 PM
All i am getting is the audio
you getting video

click the tiny word that says "close" on the left side about a third of the way down. The advertiser is trying to trick you into downloading their software.

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 08:21 PM
click the tiny word that says "close" on the left side about a third of the way down. The advertiser is trying to trick you into downloading their software.

I saw that like 2 secounds after i posted that lol

TopekaRoy
It's good that the D held them to just a FG but you can't let Gore run for 52 yards on you.

MyManHali
Nice retun

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 08:22 PM
I saw that like 2 secounds after i posted that lol

If you're going to use FirstRow make sure you run an anti virus every 20 minutes or so.

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 08:22 PM
Touchdown kansas city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 08:23 PM
If you're going to use FirstRow make sure you run an anti virus every 20 minutes or so.

I always run anti virus

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 08:24 PM

thank you!!!!

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 08:24 PM
I always run anti virus

I mean run a quick scan every 20-30 minutes. The last time I used FirstRow was for a UFC event and I got tons of malware.

TopekaRoy
08-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Devin...I mean Quinton WHO?!!!

Toub had the best special teams in the NFL with Da Bears. The Chiefs are lucky to have him.

Lord-Chiefy
08-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Dropped passes sucks. Special Teams looking great

Lord-Chiefy
08-16-2013, 08:27 PM
Nice third down coverage for smith. No qb pressure though

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 08:27 PM
Its been a long time but

SACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 08:28 PM
SF Starting qb/RB/WR are out already?

TopekaRoy
08-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Jorda rules!!!!

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 08:30 PM
I can't complain at this point. Not what I was expected, but a KO returned for a TD and a sack.....YEAH....I like it.

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 08:31 PM
SF backups are in on D.

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Not having JC in there is not helping us a bit

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 08:34 PM
It's the back up defense for Christ's sake.

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Nice 15 yard drive.

Lord-Chiefy
08-16-2013, 08:44 PM
Not looking good. Night Charles and were is dmc? Not the same team.

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 08:45 PM
I'm kind surprised at the play calling I am seeing.

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm kind surprised at the play calling I am seeing.

I wouldn't get to worried about the playcalling in preseason they do very little gameplaning for the team there faceing in a given week in the preseason more focused on what they want to see guys try

Lord-Chiefy
08-16-2013, 08:50 PM
Fisher has surgeon looking at thumb. What a waste. Stupid tv only shows chiefs game when saints on offense. And saints when they are on offense.

Lord-Chiefy
08-16-2013, 08:51 PM
3rd and 11 gimme 1st down. Our d line still suck s

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 08:54 PM
I wouldn't get to worried about the playcalling in preseason they do very little gameplaning for the team there faceing in a given week in the preseason more focused on what they want to see guys try

The offense looks terrible, Alex Smith looks terrible and they have been going against the back up defense.

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Drops are back tonight

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 09:00 PM

Not worried. Just a little surprised. What we are seeing now is more like what I was expecting. Pity Baldwin dropped that pass. And that is not on Smith.

Justin5772002
08-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Trent!!!

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Not worried. Just a little surprised. What we are seeing now is more like what I was expecting. Pity Baldwin dropped that pass. And that is not on Smith.

And the 1st drop wasn't on him either

nights like tonight are what the preseasons all about see where the kinks are so you can work on them Pass hit Bladwin right in the hands and he couldn't catch the ball really disappointing and the o line isn't looking as good as they did last week either

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 09:06 PM
Agreed. I'm not upset with anything I am seeing other than the drops. Not jumping for joy either. Some things look good. Some not so good. About what I expect in pre season.

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 09:06 PM
OH and my man it's not all the back up d for the niners Asomugha was still in the game so ya calm down dude

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 09:08 PM
BS pi call

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 09:10 PM
YUP! And the roughing call was iffy.

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 09:11 PM
2 nice plays by Berry.

Robinson should have had that.

matthewschiefs
YUP! And the roughing call was iffy.

and they should have called grounding the qb was in the pocket and there was no wr in the area refs in mid season form

MyManHali
And the 1st drop wasn't on him either

nights like tonight are what the preseasons all about see where the kinks are so you can work on them Pass hit Bladwin right in the hands and he couldn't catch the ball really disappointing and the o line isn't looking as good as they did last week either

Every pass with the exception of 1 which hit Baldwin has sailed out of bounds or thrown in the dirt.

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 09:12 PM
It's 1st vs. 3rd string. This is f'ing pathetic.

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Every pass with the exception of 1 which hit Baldwin has sailed out of bounds or thrown in the dirt.

BS the one to the rb hit the rb right in the hands and he dropped it stop it now your just going to extremes to hate on him go watch the jets and root for geno

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 09:18 PM
BS the one to the rb hit the rb right in the hands and he dropped it stop it now your just going to extremes to hate on him go watch the jets and root for geno

I meant to say passes more than 10 yards.

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 09:18 PM
PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Line looks good! Glad our number 1 pick is a playmaker.

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Matt they look like crap and you know it. Especially Alex Smith.

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 09:20 PM
And itsthe third string they are playing!

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 09:22 PM
Matt they look like crap and you know it. Especially Alex Smith.

They don't look good but I would be more worried about the O line Smith is having to run for his life way to often

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 09:24 PM

There have been a lot of drops. 2 by Baldwin alone

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 09:25 PM
They don't look good but I would be more worried about the O line Smith is having to run for his life way to often

The line looks bad. Smith looks bad. Bowe has been targeted once, where is avery? D is hard to tell, they have been playing the backups.

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 09:26 PM
There have been a lot of drops. 2 by Baldwin alone

Baldwin has had 1 drop. And JFC we are playing the third string defense.

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 09:27 PM
The line looks bad. Smith looks bad. Bowe has been targeted once, where is avery? D is hard to tell, they have been playing the backups.

Backup qbs but they kept the rest of the starters in on offense until the last couple of drives every qb they had got a run with the rest of the starters and the D starters were in longer then what you said unless you're going to tell me Asomugha is a bench player

CHILL OUT

Justin5772002
08-16-2013, 09:29 PM
No offensive td is worrying me

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 09:32 PM
Watching the 2 minute drill should be interesting.

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 09:35 PM
Nothing impressive.

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 09:36 PM
The starting offense is going to have a lot to work on this week The O Line is my biggest worry right now. They allowed the QB to be hit on a quick screen pass. That's not good.

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Assuming this is the last we will see of at least the offensive starters this week, I can't say I am excited. Our receivers were miserable. Had the receivers caught the balls they should have, Smith would have looked adequate.....but that was not against SFs full starting defense.

The D looked pretty good, but they had some serious failures against 3rd and long....and again that was not against SFs starting offense.

So all in all, I am moderately disappointed. If JC had been in and the resuts had been the same I'd be more disappointed. But he wasn't, so I'm not.

At the half in the 2cond pre-season game my verdict is moderately pleased with what I saw from the starting offense last week and disappointed with what I saw from them this week, but with that moderated by the lack of JC.

Special teams is a bright spot. Returners looked good last week and this week.

Overall......I don't f'ing know.

brdempsey69
08-16-2013, 09:49 PM
They have got to find something to counter those blitzes coming up the middle or they'll be seeing that all season long.

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 09:53 PM
Assuming this is the last we will see of at least the offensive starters this week, I can't say I am excited. Our receivers were miserable. Had the receivers caught the balls they should have, Smith would have looked adequate.....but that was not against SFs full starting defense.

The D looked pretty good, but they had some serious failures against 3rd and long....and again that was not against SFs starting offense.

So all in all, I am moderately disappointed. If JC had been in and the resuts had been the same I'd be more disappointed. But he wasn't, so I'm not.

At the half in the 2cond pre-season game my verdict is moderately pleased with what I saw from the starting offense last week and disappointed with what I saw from them this week, but with that moderated by the lack of JC.

Special teams is a bright spot. Returners looked good last week and this week.

Overall......I don't f'ing know.

Agreed it was a disapointing showing by the 1st team offense. On all levels. The O line had the hardest time. They weren't giving Smith or the WRS much time to get open and when given a chance Bladwin dropped the ball. All in all the offense has a lot of work to do this week and that's what the preseason is for.

The d looked good outside that first play and run by Gore so that's good

brdempsey69
08-16-2013, 09:58 PM
The biggest upside I saw from the Offense was clearly Knile Davis. He's looking like he'll be quality backup to Charles.

O-line was disappointing. They have to step up and play better. Too many times it looked like the same dam break that we've seen for the past 6 seasons.

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 09:59 PM
Special teams continues to look good.

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 10:01 PM
And the Line isn't protecting Daniel more then Smith OL coach is going to be busy this week

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 10:03 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=3428&dateline=1305420503[/IMG] (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/member.php/3428-matthewschiefs) matthewschiefs (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/member.php/3428-matthewschiefs)"]All in all the offense has a lot of work to do this week and that's what the preseason is for.

Absolutely.

brdempsey69
08-16-2013, 10:04 PM
And the Line isn't protecting Daniel more then Smith OL coach is going to be busy this week

This team will only go as far as their O-Line will take them....cut and dried.

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 10:05 PM

For sure! A lot of work needed there.

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 10:08 PM
I'd really like to see a little spark from Daniel. Not looking for him to make Smith look bad, but I'd surely like to know we had a competent backup QB.

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 10:31 PM
O line looked bad. QB looked bad. Everything sucked.

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 10:32 PM
Nothing in the 3rd quarter to make me change my opinion. Would have liked to see them kick a field goal there. May only be pre-season but I'd still like to win.

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 10:35 PM
Bray coming in. Good to get a look at him. I'm thinking Stanzi may be flipping burgers soon.

brdempsey69
O line looked bad and as a result made QB's look bad.

Fixed.

matthewschiefs
O line looked bad. QB looked bad. Everything sucked.

and you wonder why people call you a troll

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 10:39 PM
Fixed.

Most of the time he looked bad even when he had time to throw. The whole offense looked like crap and that was against second and third stringers.

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 10:39 PM
Fixed.

Oh come on brdempsey you no Smith told the O line not to protect Geeze

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 10:40 PM
and you wonder why people call you a troll

The offense looked good?

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 10:41 PM
This team will only go as far as their O-Line will take them....cut and dried.

I'm glad we spent 1.1 on a playmaking RT.

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 10:42 PM
DAMN!!!! A quote from MMH that didn't annoy me. Thanks brdempsey!!!!!

#58ChiefsFan
08-16-2013, 10:44 PM
For a team that has had so many changes this offseason facing what was a superbowl team last year they did about as expected, this team has a lot of work to do still. But some good things are beginning to happen.

brdempsey69
08-16-2013, 10:45 PM
Most of the time he looked bad even when he had time to throw. The whole offense looked like crap and that was against second and third stringers.

Bullsh!t !! He didn't look bad when he had time to throw. Three dropped passes that should have been caught.

He's not supposed to be a playmaker, he's supposed to be a blocker. And Geno doesn't look to be much more of a playmaker than Fisher.

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 10:45 PM
The offense looked good?

No but you said EVERYTHING was horrible

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 10:47 PM

You have 0 room to talk about judgine 1.1 pick your guy that you made out to be a can't miss guy can even beat buttfumble Sanchez

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 10:47 PM
Last week I said we'd better keep our starters healthy. Nothing here to me me change that opinion.

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 10:49 PM
No matter how meaningless, I'd still like to see us hold them here. At least to a FG.

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Oh crap.

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Very disapointing they couldn't hold a lead

Lord-Chiefy
08-16-2013, 10:56 PM
What a pathetic game we cannot rush the ball once again a team torched the run in US .. and we lose a game with 2 minutes left it up to

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 10:59 PM
Might as well go for it.

Lord-Chiefy
08-16-2013, 11:00 PM
Bray is cassell 2.0 maybe worse under pressure.

ctchiefsfan
08-16-2013, 11:01 PM
Meah.....All in all, not an encouraging performance by anybody other than special teams.

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 11:08 PM
Frustrating one indeed

Offense O LINE O LINE O LINE they cost the team the game imo They couldn't block anything the niners were making a living in the backfield they were there pretty much every play O line has to be fixed

Defense did ok till the end. It was a step up from a week ago so they have made progress So that's encouraging but never good to see them blow a lead late. Just makes it more frustrating

Justin5772002
08-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Our first string D was good today. Gave up Gore's 50+ yard run and still held them to a field goal. And kept that score down till they swapped out

Justin5772002
08-16-2013, 11:18 PM
Lets hope our starters can stay healthy as a whole cause our backups are stinking

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 11:20 PM
Bullsh!t !! He didn't look bad when he had time to throw. Three dropped passes that should have been caught.

He's not supposed to be a playmaker, he's supposed to be a blocker. And Geno doesn't look to be much more of a playmaker than Fisher.

Against the second/third string pass rusher:

http://i.imgur.com/raR6XNT.gif

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 11:22 PM
No but you said EVERYTHING was horrible

What was good? The entire offense looked bad and they were playing against the back ups. The defense looked good but they were playing the second and third string offense.

Special teams looked great. There.

Chiefster
08-16-2013, 11:23 PM
O-line definitely needs to be addressed, the defense was consistently camping out in the offensive backfield.

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 11:32 PM
What was good? The entire offense looked bad and they were playing against the back ups. The defense looked good but they were playing the second and third string offense.

Special teams looked great. There.

If special teams looked great then EVERYTHING was not horrible which is what you said

In addition you have greatly exaggerated when there 1s left. If you had listened to the commentators they said that every QB got a run with the 1s on offense. So it was not against all 2/3 like you would have us think.

And on Defense well after you had said that there 3s were in the game nnamdi asomugha was still in the game. I don't know where you got you info on there subs but you are clearly wrong This was a tweet from the 49ers on the drive before the half

San Francisco 49ers ‏@49ers (https://twitter.com/49ers)2h (https://twitter.com/49ers/status/368538260475097088)
Nnamdi Asomugha pressures Alex Smith on 3rd down and the pass is incomplete. #49ers (https://twitter.com/search?q=%2349ers&src=hash) will start their drive at the 23. #SFvsKC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SFvsKC&src=hash)

so I guess Asomugha is playing 3rd string now??????????????

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 11:46 PM
If special teams looked great then EVERYTHING was not horrible which is what you said

In addition you have greatly exaggerated when there 1s left. If you had listened to the commentators they said that every QB got a run with the 1s on offense. So it was not against all 2/3 like you would have us think.

And on Defense well after you had said that there 3s were in the game nnamdi asomugha was still in the game. I don't know where you got you info on there subs but you are clearly wrong This was a tweet from the 49ers on the drive before the half

San Francisco 49ers ‏@49ers (https://twitter.com/49ers)2h (https://twitter.com/49ers/status/368538260475097088)
Nnamdi Asomugha pressures Alex Smith on 3rd down and the pass is incomplete. #49ers (https://twitter.com/search?q=%2349ers&src=hash) will start their drive at the 23. #SFvsKC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SFvsKC&src=hash)

so I guess Asomugha is playing 3rd string now??????????????

I didn't see Davis, Boldin, Manningham, Gore etc.. out there with Mccoy or the other guy. It was all backup RB, WR and TE.

The Chiefs offense played against the Niners' scrubs and we still couldn't do anything. It's sad really.

matthewschiefs
08-16-2013, 11:48 PM
I didn't see Davis, Boldin, Manningham, Gore etc.. out there with Mccoy or the other guy. It was all backup WR and TE.

The Chiefs offense played against the Niners' scrubs and we still couldn't do anything. It's sad really.

So the commtators were lieing and the 49ers were lieing to your the only one with the correct info RIGHT

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 11:51 PM
So the commtators were lieing and the 49ers were lieing to your the only one with the correct info RIGHT

Go look at the play by play. The offense were all backups. I don't know what Nnamdi is on the depth chart, but I know he isn't a starter.

Their backup defense looked elite against our first string offense.

MyManHali
08-16-2013, 11:52 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=330816012

Lord-Chiefy
08-16-2013, 11:54 PM
I can't see more then 4-5 wins with our o-line and d-line play!!!!

brdempsey69
08-16-2013, 11:59 PM
Against the second/third string pass rusher:

http://i.imgur.com/raR6XNT.gif

With not one single receiver getting open down the field & nowhere for the QB to step up in the pocket. Fisher did provide the key block that got Davis the 1st down on the 4th down play. I don't expect Fisher to be dominant at RT in his rookie year as it's not his natural position. He's a Left Tackle playing out of position this year to accomodate Albert playing LT for this year.

matthewschiefs
08-17-2013, 12:01 AM
Go look at the play by play. The offense were all backups. I don't know what Nnamdi is on the depth chart, but I know he isn't a starter.

Their backup defense looked elite against our first string offense.

Play by play doesn't tell you who all was in the game. Bowe only showed up once in ours he only played 1 play. They didn't throw the ball much and it does seem they took Gore out but I'll believe the commentators more then someone who has gone to lenghts to bash this team

MyManHali
08-17-2013, 12:11 AM
With not one single receiver getting open down the field & nowhere for the QB to step up in the pocket. Fisher did provide the key block that got Davis the 1st down on the 4th down play. I don't expect Fisher to be dominant at RT in his rookie year as it's not his natural position. He's a Left Tackle playing out of position this year to accomodate Albert playing LT for this year.

Fisher hasn't looked like a number 1 pick, bottomline.

MyManHali
08-17-2013, 12:12 AM
Play by play doesn't tell you who all was in the game. Bowe only showed up once in ours he only played 1 play. They didn't throw the ball much and it does seem they took Gore out but I'll believe the commentators more then someone who has gone to lenghts to bash this team

I assure you, on offense I didn't see 1 regular starter Matt. But on defense it was obvious, their backups were in and our number 1's couldn't move the ball.

matthewschiefs
08-17-2013, 12:15 AM

Yes because it's always good to judge a rookie by game 2 of the PRESEASON so
Peyton Manning was a HORRIBLE number 1 pick 2 more INTS then TDS and that's after he got a whole year Man what a bust he was for the Colts Right?

MyManHali
08-17-2013, 12:18 AM
Yes because it's always good to judge a rookie by game 2 of the PRESEASON so
Peyton Manning was a HORRIBLE number 1 pick 2 more INTS then TDS and that's after he got a whole year Man what a bust he was for the Colts Right?

So far not so good for Fisher. QB is considered a developmental position, RT is not.

matthewschiefs
08-17-2013, 12:21 AM
So far not so good for Fisher. QB is considered a developmental position, RT is not.

EVERY rookie goes through a developmental process There's an adjustment for every single rookie there always will be

No coach in the history of the NFL has ever said about any player after 2 preseason games in which again there is very little gameplaing for the team you're faceing that the rookie is not living up to his pick.

MyManHali
08-17-2013, 12:24 AM
EVERY rookie goes through a developmental process There's an adjustment for every single rookie there always will be

No coach in the history of the NFL has ever said about any player after 2 preseason games in which again there is very little gameplaing for the team you're faceing that the rookie is not living up to his pick.

All I said is he hasn't looked like a number 1 pick and it's true. Number 1 pick is supposed to be immediately ready. Remember the "we are going to draft the best player" quote?

matthewschiefs
08-17-2013, 12:30 AM
All I said is he hasn't looked like a number 1 pick and it's true. Number 1 pick is supposed to be immediately ready. Remember the "we are going to draft the best player" quote?

If the number 1 pick is supposed to be "immediately ready" and gets no time for development then Again Peyton Manning total bust right? You can't have it both ways.

And if we had drafted you guy Geno and he struggled early you would tell me he needed time to develop you know you would. And you would be right to do so.

Yes QB is more of a developmental spot. But that doesn't mean others don't like I said every rookie goes through development 2nd game of the preseason is WAY to early to start judging him

MyManHali
08-17-2013, 12:35 AM
If the number 1 pick is supposed to be "immediately ready" and gets no time for development then Again Peyton Manning total bust right? You can't have it both ways.

And if we had drafted you guy Geno and he struggled early you would tell me he needed time to develop you know you would. And you would be right to do so.

Yes QB is more of a developmental spot. But that doesn't mean others don't like I said every rookie goes through development 2nd game of the preseason is WAY to early to start judging him

Joeckel and Fisher were 2 players we were considering for the number 1 pick. Joeckel is impressing, Fisher is not.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2013-07-31/story/jaguars-ot-luke-joeckel-shows-sure-footing-practice

Pete Prisco on Joeckel:

https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS/status/363437056568991744

matthewschiefs
08-17-2013, 12:44 AM
Joeckel and Fisher were 2 players we were considering for the number 1 pick. Joeckel is impressing, Fisher is not.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2013-07-31/story/jaguars-ot-luke-joeckel-shows-sure-footing-practice

Pete Prisco on Joeckel:

You're missing the point of it only being game 2 of the preseason but I will bite

Ryan Leaf should have been picked number 1 over Manning Clearly he had a better start to his first preseason
http://www.footballperspective.com/the-preseason-is-meaningless/

You're jumping to gun on Fisher. Will he be worth the number 1 pick when it's all said and done who knows at this point. It's FAR FAR to early to say

MyManHali
08-17-2013, 12:47 AM
You're missing the point of it only being game 2 of the preseason but I will bite

Ryan Leaf should have been picked number 1 over Manning Clearly he had a better start to his first preseason
http://www.footballperspective.com/the-preseason-is-meaningless/

You're jumping to gun on Fisher. Will he be worth the number 1 pick when it's all said and done who knows at this point. It's FAR FAR to early to say

I never said Fisher was going to be good or bad. I never said he is going to be better or worse than Joeckel. I said he hasn't looked good so far, which is troubling.

matthewschiefs
08-17-2013, 12:53 AM
I never said Fisher was going to be good or bad. I never said he is going to be better or worse than Joeckel. I said he hasn't looked good so far, which is troubling.

you might not have said it but you have for sure implied it with stuff like this

And that's just now there have been far more post like this from you telling us about our 1st pick and how it was wasted when it happened

TopekaRoy
08-17-2013, 12:55 AM
Pete Prisco on Joeckel:

You quoted Pete fricking Prisco to back up your argument. You just lost any shred of credibility you might have had left! :pointlaugh:

AussieChiefsFan
08-17-2013, 01:16 AM
Ouch.

http://i.imgur.com/b6D2HmR.gif

brdempsey69
08-17-2013, 01:23 AM
^^Baldwin probably would have dropped it anyway, just like he did with the one that Smith put right into his hands. This guy seems to be going nowhere and I doubt he'll be wearing a Chiefs uniform next season.

rbedgood
08-17-2013, 01:29 AM
OH and my man it's not all the back up d for the niners Asomugha was still in the game so ya calm down dude

Asomugha is a backup...he's on the bubble for even making the roster.

MyManHali
08-17-2013, 01:42 AM
You quoted Pete fricking Prisco to back up your argument. You just lost any shred of credibility you might have had left! :pointlaugh:

Judging from the previous 2 seasons and so far this preseason I would say I have quite a bit of credibility.

MyManHali
08-17-2013, 01:44 AM
^^Baldwin probably would have dropped it anyway, just like he did with the one that Smith put right into his hands. This guy seems to be going nowhere and I doubt he'll be wearing a Chiefs uniform next season.

Hopefully the same goes for Smith. I can't take check down city all year.

brdempsey69
08-17-2013, 01:46 AM
Hopefully the same goes for Smith. I can't take check down city all year.

Smith can't catch the ball for his receivers. And the pass Baldwin dropped wasn't a checkdown.

AussieChiefsFan
08-17-2013, 01:54 AM
That drop by Baldwin over the middle really was horrible. Over the past two years I've really been hoping that he can get it together, but it's not looking so good.

MyManHali
08-17-2013, 01:56 AM
Smith can't catch the ball for his receivers. And the pass Baldwin dropped wasn't a checkdown.

He has had 1 real NFL calibur pass the entire preseason which was dropped by Baldwin. Everything else has been checkdown city. He looked like Cassel today.

matthewschiefs
08-17-2013, 02:03 AM
That drop by Baldwin over the middle really was horrible. Over the past two years I've really been hoping that he can get it together, but it's not looking so good.

I'm in the same boat Aussie. I'm hoping he can do something this year. This is year 3 for him it's make or break I still hope he can turn it around but The more time goes the more I doubt it will happen

matthewschiefs
08-17-2013, 02:08 AM
He has had 1 real NFL calibur pass the entire preseason which was dropped by Baldwin. Everything else has been checkdown city. He looked like Cassel today.

Again with the Cassel BS really?

MyManHali
08-17-2013, 05:31 AM
Again with the Cassel BS really?

Yes, very similar actually.

-7-16 62 yards

-3 passing first downs (1 was a screen)

-He was extremely inaccurate down field.

-He failed to make pre snap reads. (Sacked and pressured way too many times from simple corner blitzes)

-He panicked under pressure.

-He threw flat passes whenever he could.

-Failed to complete any deep balls.

-4 punts

MyManHali
08-17-2013, 05:34 AM
I wonder what it is like before the season starts to know that your quarterback can take you to the promise land.

MyManHali
08-17-2013, 05:58 AM

So he had one pass over 10 yards that wasn't a checkdown and was dropped by Baldwin. What about every other throw over 10 yards that sucked?

We are going to have drops during the year. It happens to every team. It is up to the quarterback to offset the mistakes by his teammates. Hell, every great quarterback does this, unfortunately it doesn't happen here in Kansas City.

Chiefster
08-17-2013, 07:46 AM
I can't see more then 4-5 wins with our o-line and d-line play!!!!

You did watch the starting D-Line right??? I didn't see much from the starting D-Line to complain about aside from the one long run for which they didn't allow a touchdown.

rodu
08-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Ouch.

http://i.imgur.com/b6D2HmR.gif

Smith didn't see him, and he didn't have time to look left due to the un blocked blitzer off the edge

brdempsey69
08-17-2013, 10:59 AM
So he had one pass over 10 yards that wasn't a checkdown and was dropped by Baldwin. What about every other throw over 10 yards that sucked?

We are going to have drops during the year. It happens to every team. It is up to the quarterback to offset the mistakes by his teammates. Hell, every great quarterback does this, unfortunately it doesn't happen here in Kansas City.

He had no time to throw downfield. Three drops like that by three different players in the span of one quarter is inexcusable. Smith didn't look like Cassel -- the O-Line looked like the same O-Line that can't pass-block like we've been seeing from 2007 up to the present. Until the pass-protection issues are fixed and receivers start hanging on to the ball when it's put in their hands, then no QB is going to have any success in KC. Blaming Smith is just a copout.

BTW, how many passes did Daniel and Bray throw downfield? ZERO.

matthewschiefs
08-17-2013, 11:06 AM
Yes, very similar actually.

-7-16 62 yards

-3 passing first downs (1 was a screen)

-He was extremely inaccurate down field.

-He failed to make pre snap reads. (Sacked and pressured way too many times from simple corner blitzes)

-He panicked under pressure.

-He threw flat passes whenever he could.

-Failed to complete any deep balls.

-4 punts

No turnovers Unlike Cassel but why include that since it doesn't fit your opinion

He threw down field hit one of his starting WRS right in the hands the WR droped it Unlike Cassel whos throws were on the high side but again why included that since it doesn't fit your opinion

The guy got hit on a play designed for him to get the ball and throw a screen he was hit in the chest when he had the ball for less then 3 seconds so Smith sucks? What did he forget to tell the O line to block?

When the O line isn't protecting how do you suppose a guy is suppose to go downfield. The plays that you say he had time he was moving around to buy that time. The fact is the O line gave up 7 sacks that's a pace to give up more then 100 sacks a season not many QBs are going to do well under those conditions

and once again the short pass ARE REIDS SYSTEM don't like it go watch anther team what is Smith suppose to do say screw you coach I'm calling my own plays just to please you? But you will IGNORE this yet again

matthewschiefs
08-17-2013, 11:07 AM
I wonder what it is like before the season starts to know that your quarterback can take you to the promise land.

Then go root for your boy Geno who's butfumbles backup That's how good he is

matthewschiefs
08-17-2013, 11:09 AM
He had no time to throw downfield. Three drops like that by three different players in the span of one quarter is inexcusable. Smith didn't look like Cassel -- the O-Line looked like the same O-Line that can't pass-block like we've been seeing from 2007 up to the present. Until the pass-protection issues are fixed and receivers start hanging on to the ball when it's put in their hands, then no QB is going to have any success in KC. Blaming Smith is just a copout.

BTW, how many passes did Daniel and Bray throw downfield? ZERO.

Smith Clearly just forgot to tell the O line to block he should be benched

And in one half Smith managed to be sacked less the the backups so it wasn't just Smith

MyManHali
08-17-2013, 12:44 PM
No turnovers Unlike Cassel but why include that since it doesn't fit your opinion

He threw down field hit one of his starting WRS right in the hands the WR droped it Unlike Cassel whos throws were on the high side but again why included that since it doesn't fit your opinion

The guy got hit on a play designed for him to get the ball and throw a screen he was hit in the chest when he had the ball for less then 3 seconds so Smith sucks? What did he forget to tell the O line to block?

When the O line isn't protecting how do you suppose a guy is suppose to go downfield. The plays that you say he had time he was moving around to buy that time. The fact is the O line gave up 7 sacks that's a pace to give up more then 100 sacks a season not many QBs are going to do well under those conditions

and once again the short pass ARE REIDS SYSTEM don't like it go watch anther team what is Smith suppose to do say screw you coach I'm calling my own plays just to please you? But you will IGNORE this yet again

Smith was afraid to throw the ball unless he had a clean pocket or the rb/te was wide open...he frequently double clutches in the pocket and holds the ball, as the gif I posted earlier in this thread indicates. Fisher is beat on the play but Smith still has time to get rid of it.

The OL was bad, but Smith did absolutely nothing to help, he didn't audible or make pre snap adjustments. He didn't call any hot routes to offset blitzes. He is a quarterback who isn't a playmaker and executes plays exactly as instructed.

Charles remains the centerpiece of attention and without him the offense falls apart. Bringing in Alex Smith did nothing to change that.

MyManHali
08-17-2013, 01:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/REpK167.gif

Wow, just wow. He had about 3 more of those. Can't blame that on the line.

chiefnut
08-17-2013, 01:32 PM
RELAX!!!!!! it is only preseason. if you feel the need to panic about something, worry about why the O line could not open any running lanes nor protect the QB. could be they were playing the #2 team in the NFL last year or that reid has not dipped very far into his bag of tricks and was predictably vanilla, or it could just be an exhibition game.

brdempsey69
08-17-2013, 01:45 PM
RELAX!!!!!! it is only preseason. if you feel the need to panic about something, worry about why the O line could not open any running lanes nor protect the QB. could be they were playing the #2 team in the NFL last year or that reid has not dipped very far into his bag of tricks and was predictably vanilla, or it could just be an exhibition game.

Precisely, that is the main concern. If improvement doesn't happen in these areas, it won't matter who the damn QB is.

MyManHali
08-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Precisely, that is the main concern. If improvement doesn't happen in these areas, it won't matter who the damn QB is.

Rewatching the game now. I am about 5 minutes into the second quarter and protection has been fine. Fisher has been beat a couple of times but they were quick throws. The only time pressure comes is when the niners blitz, and that is something Smith should be able to pick up.

MyManHali
08-17-2013, 02:02 PM

With the exception of the first series, they were playing the backup defense, not the #2 team in the league. That is what's so shocking.

brdempsey69
08-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Hey MMH, don't bother responding to any of my posts, because I've put you on the ignore list & I strongly encourage everybody else who reads this to do the same.

It's abundantly clear that you are going to continue humping the neighbors dog about a QB not being drafted at #1 overall last April, in spite of the fact there weren't any worth taking, in spite of the fact that's it's been pointed out to you repeatedly that the Chiefs are Zero for 17 when it comes to drafting QB's since 1970 ( how's the latest, Stanzi, doing? ), along with the fact that pass-protection issues are going to be a problem for any QB, as well as receivers not catching the ball.

It's also clear that you aren't willing to give Alex Smith or Eric Fisher a fair bit of diplomacy by letting them play an entire season to be given a fair evaluation. We aren't even but two games into the preseason, but it's clear that all season long you are going to be regurgitating the same dogsh!t over and over and over about not drafting Geno Smith & yet everybody knows that Geno would not have fared any better last night than Smith, Daniels, or Bray did.

There's no way anyone can miss the same points that have been made to you repeatedly, as you continue to pretend to.

matthewschiefs
08-17-2013, 06:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/REpK167.gif

Wow, just wow. He had about 3 more of those. Can't blame that on the line.

This is what they call throwing the ball away do you not see the defender right there with Baldwin there was nothing there so he threw it away instead of forcing the ball in and getting pick off But do go on and bash him for that to

matthewschiefs
08-17-2013, 06:44 PM
Smith was afraid to throw the ball unless he had a clean pocket or the rb/te was wide open...he frequently double clutches in the pocket and holds the ball, as the gif I posted earlier in this thread indicates. Fisher is beat on the play but Smith still has time to get rid of it.

The OL was bad, but Smith did absolutely nothing to help, he didn't audible or make pre snap adjustments. He didn't call any hot routes to offset blitzes. He is a quarterback who isn't a playmaker and executes plays exactly as instructed.

Charles remains the centerpiece of attention and without him the offense falls apart. Bringing in Alex Smith did nothing to change that.

THEY WERE NOT RUNNING THERE FULL OFFENSE. You're acting like this is a real game Running the plays exactly as instructed happens a ton in the preseason You are useing the preseason to act like you're right last week when smith looked good you said how it was the preseason and the drive means nothing seriously? Stop it

Eydugstr
08-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Looking at that clip, it looks like the 49'er's defender got his left hand up to block Baldwin, slowed him down a tad. Maybe Baldwin should've blasted right through that but didn't. Maybe the ref should've called it but didn't. Also if you look, Smith didn't get his feet settled, maybe decided (as mc already pointed out) that he couldn't get accuracy that he wanted, so he threw it out of bounds, where only Baldwin had any remote chance of getting it.

As long as we're posting clips of the game, why not post all the times Smith's ball hit the recievers' hands or numbers and didn't get caught? Don't see anyone jumping all over the recievers. Guess that must be Smith's fault, too, right?

tornadospotter
08-20-2013, 10:03 PM
Preseason, it is preseason. God forbid how things will be after the next two, when it is players trying make the team that are playing the most.

tornadospotter
08-20-2013, 10:28 PM

Wow, you are really getting close to my limits. It is preseason, but you are just plain *** negative about Our Team. I do not understand people like you. Keep it up, and soon it will not be a problem. I could and maybe should send this in a pm to you, but I am not going to defend you for a opinion you have anymore, when all I see from you is negativeness. Get over it or get out! It is a new season, but you seem to be the type to just draw negative from anything.

MyManHali
08-20-2013, 10:41 PM
This is what they call throwing the ball away do you not see the defender right there with Baldwin there was nothing there so he threw it away instead of forcing the ball in and getting pick off But do go on and bash him for that to

He has Mccluster there. That was the throw where Trent Green talked about how he had Mccluster underneath for a first, instead he launches it out of bounds.

MyManHali
08-20-2013, 10:43 PM
Wow, you are really getting close to my limits. It is preseason, but you are just plain *** negative about Our Team. I do not understand people like you. Keep it up, and soon it will not be a problem. I could and maybe should send this in a pm to you, but I am not going to defend you for a opinion you have anymore, when all I see from you is negativeness. Get over it or get out! It is a new season, but you seem to be the type to just draw negative from anything.

Welcome to my world. The world of checkdown qb's and a RT at 1.1 who is constantly being beat in both practice and games.

MyManHali
08-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Preseason, it is preseason. God forbid how things will be after the next two, when it is players trying make the team that are playing the most.

This is the same thing people said last year when we played Seattle.

tornadospotter
08-20-2013, 10:49 PM
This is the same thing people said last year when we played Seattle.
If always living in the past, no future there is, for the past is past, but tomorrow comes, live for tomorrow, because someday it will not come.

matthewschiefs
08-20-2013, 11:16 PM
He has Mccluster there. That was the throw where Trent Green talked about how he had Mccluster underneath for a first, instead he launches it out of bounds.

HE had Mccluster there at First but watch the play a defender is quickly getting to Mccluster if Smith had tried to hit him and it was picked you would be saying Cassel 2.0 yet again

But Hey lets say for you that he just missed Mccluster ok fine. IT'S PRESEASON his first with a new team. Peyton Manning had some struggles with his new team in preseason last season this is the whole point you're holding Smith to an impossible standard he's suppose to come in look like a all pro and not have any growing pains? When one of the best Qbs in the game had some growing pains you would expect Smith to as well. Let Smith get use to this system this preseason and just be glad he can work this stuff out in games that don't count. If he struggles more in real games then we can complain but 2 preseason games is far from having time to adjust to new coaching new team and new guys around him CHILL OUT

MyManHali
08-21-2013, 01:58 AM
HE had Mccluster there at First but watch the play a defender is quickly getting to Mccluster if Smith had tried to hit him and it was picked you would be saying Cassel 2.0 yet again

But Hey lets say for you that he just missed Mccluster ok fine. IT'S PRESEASON his first with a new team. Peyton Manning had some struggles with his new team in preseason last season this is the whole point you're holding Smith to an impossible standard he's suppose to come in look like a all pro and not have any growing pains? When one of the best Qbs in the game had some growing pains you would expect Smith to as well. Let Smith get use to this system this preseason and just be glad he can work this stuff out in games that don't count. If he struggles more in real games then we can complain but 2 preseason games is far from having time to adjust to new coaching new team and new guys around him CHILL OUT

Mccluster has three steps on that corner. Smith will never look like an all pro. Ever. Careful qb's dont win anything in this league.

Matt, you and I must join forces. You don't have to support and defend everything the Chiefs do, you can disagree. I know deep down in your soul you aren't thrilled with having Smith. He is another careful qb who you have little confidence in. I know in your gut that all of those short, checkdown passes bother you.

I know it.

MyManHali
08-21-2013, 02:00 AM
If always living in the past, no future there is, for the past is past, but tomorrow comes, live for tomorrow, because someday it will not come.

There was a time when I believed that the Chiefs could win it in any given year. Now I realize that isn't possible. Just like I wanted Cassel out, I want Smith out. Mark my words, this team will not win anything with the careful qb in command.

Careful QB, like a deer in the headlights:

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/smithsux.gif

matthewschiefs
08-21-2013, 04:28 AM
Mccluster has three steps on that corner. Smith will never look like an all pro. Ever. Careful qb's dont win anything in this league.

Matt, you and I must join forces. You don't have to support and defend everything the Chiefs do, you can disagree. I know deep down in your soul you aren't thrilled with having Smith. He is another careful qb who you have little confidence in. I know in your gut that all of those short, checkdown passes bother you.

I know it.

Nothing like a MymanHali post at 3am LOL

But lets get started

First off I don't defend everything the Chiefs do. Did you not here me last season talking about that coaching staff? It was god awful. I talked about it a lot. I bashed Cassel last year go find the game threads. But unlike many I didn't limit it to Cassel. When the defense stunk up the joint and they did there fair share I got on the defense. When WRs were tipping balls to defenders I was on the WRs when the O line was sucking I was on the o line. When Cassel stunk I said so. I started a thread last year titled time for me to do some hating on the QB. I don't blindly support everything the Chiefs do. BUT.

I will give there moves a fair Chance before I start to bash them.Going back in time there are a lot of moves that I didn't like that turned out to be some of the best moves the Chiefs ever made. I didn't like the pick of Tony G. I wanted them to find a qb because I was tired of Elvis Grbac. But That move worked out I didn't want trent green. I didn't think he had what it took but he lead the number 1 offense in the NFL for a number of years. Then there are some moves I knew wouldn't pan out but I gave them a shot kept my mouth closed like Herm Edwards. But when it was time to bash him I did on a website that I was on before I found this one. I posted rant after rant about him and CP. But I gave them a shot.

On Alex I don't know what the Chiefs are going to get. I don't pretend to. I have never said he's the guy. But unlike you I won't bash him until he has had a shot to lead this offense. I don't think 2 preseason games is enough to say panic time. Again like I said the donkeys had struggles with Manning last preseason should they have ended that? You're standards for Smith are WAY WAY To high. You expect him not to have some kinks to work out in a brand new offense for him with a brand new team around him? Of course he will it's not something that's just with Smith 99% of the time a QB goes to a new team with a new offense a new talent around him he's going to have an adjustment period. That's what preseason is for. I will give him that time. What's so wrong about that. If what we saw last game is how the season goes you bet I will join you in saying Smith isn't the guy. But I'm not going to rush to judgement. You had your mind made up from day 1 on Smith and Fisher. You didn't think there would be an adjustment for a rookie? If we had gotten you boy Geno you wouldn't want to give him some time? Yes QB is more tough to play and takes longer but that doesn't mean O LINE has 0 adjustments. You're being unfair to both. Take a chill pill relax and let them get the preseason under there belts.

You can disagree with a move fine no problem but to be completely unfair to a guy is just pointless. You can't do anything about the fact he's the QB. If it bothers you so much then go root for someone else. To go on and on about it has gotten well past OLD. When/if he struggles and doesn't get the job done fine you won't be the only one bashing him until them put your feelings aside and lets see what he can do. Maybe maybe he might surprise you

MyManHali
08-21-2013, 04:55 AM
Nothing like a MymanHali post at 3am LOL

But lets get started

First off I don't defend everything the Chiefs do. Did you not here me last season talking about that coaching staff? It was god awful. I talked about it a lot. I bashed Cassel last year go find the game threads. But unlike many I didn't limit it to Cassel. When the defense stunk up the joint and they did there fair share I got on the defense. When WRs were tipping balls to defenders I was on the WRs when the O line was sucking I was on the o line. When Cassel stunk I said so. I started a thread last year titled time for me to do some hating on the QB. I don't blindly support everything the Chiefs do. BUT.

I will give there moves a fair Chance before I start to bash them.Going back in time there are a lot of moves that I didn't like that turned out to be some of the best moves the Chiefs ever made. I didn't like the pick of Tony G. I wanted them to find a qb because I was tired of Elvis Grbac. But That move worked out I didn't want trent green. I didn't think he had what it took but he lead the number 1 offense in the NFL for a number of years. Then there are some moves I knew wouldn't pan out but I gave them a shot kept my mouth closed like Herm Edwards. But when it was time to bash him I did on a website that I was on before I found this one. I posted rant after rant about him and CP. But I gave them a shot.

On Alex I don't know what the Chiefs are going to get. I don't pretend to. I have never said he's the guy. But unlike you I won't bash him until he has had a shot to lead this offense. I don't think 2 preseason games is enough to say panic time. Again like I said the donkeys had struggles with Manning last preseason should they have ended that? You're standards for Smith are WAY WAY To high. You expect him not to have some kinks to work out in a brand new offense for him with a brand new team around him? Of course he will it's not something that's just with Smith 99% of the time a QB goes to a new team with a new offense a new talent around him he's going to have an adjustment period. That's what preseason is for. I will give him that time. What's so wrong about that. If what we saw last game is how the season goes you bet I will join you in saying Smith isn't the guy. But I'm not going to rush to judgement. You had your mind made up from day 1 on Smith and Fisher. You didn't think there would be an adjustment for a rookie? If we had gotten you boy Geno you wouldn't want to give him some time? Yes QB is more tough to play and takes longer but that doesn't mean O LINE has 0 adjustments. You're being unfair to both. Take a chill pill relax and let them get the preseason under there belts.

You can disagree with a move fine no problem but to be completely unfair to a guy is just pointless. You can't do anything about the fact he's the QB. If it bothers you so much then go root for someone else. To go on and on about it has gotten well past OLD. When/if he struggles and doesn't get the job done fine you won't be the only one bashing him until them put your feelings aside and lets see what he can do. Maybe maybe he might surprise you

I expect Smith to do what Cassel did. Beat up on the scrub teams and lose or even sneak by the better ones. I can't root for another team, I am stuck with this one.

About the qb position, I would much rather go 5-11 with a young qb that has shown potential than to be stuck at 8-8 with Alex Smith. Matt, you need to understand a conservative, careful qb game manager will never beat anyone without an elite team surrounding him.

TopekaRoy
08-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Smith will never look like an all pro. Ever. Careful qb's dont win anything in this league.

... Now I realize that isn't possible. ... this team will not win anything with the careful qb in command.

Where you "drinking and posting" last night or did you just forget to take your anti-depressant medication?:beer:

Matt, you need to understand a conservative, careful qb game manager will never beat anyone without an elite team surrounding him.

I seem to recall a couple of years ago a conservative game manager QB came in here and in his first start with the team beat a very good team that had won all 13 games they had played so far that year. You were so impressed with him that you adopted his name as your own! Remember Kyle Orton?

You can't score if you don't have the football. One of the biggest reasons the Chiefs went 2-14 last year was all the turnovers. So far, our starting offense hasn't turn the ball over once in the first two ps games. When the Chargers played the Bears last week they turned the ball over 4 times and trailed 20-0 near the end of the 2nd quarter.

You're not going to score every time you get the ball. Sometimes, you'll have to punt. but by playing "careful" football and methodically marching the ball down the field, Smith will put this offense in a position to be successful.

Before taking more risks and becoming more of a gunslinger, the players around Smith have to play better. You need time to throw to make the long passes. You need an effective running game so the the defense can't just drop 8 guys into coverage. And most importantly, you need your receivers to catch the balls that are thrown to them. This offense is still working on the basics. Give them time to gel. The big plays will come.

matthewschiefs
08-21-2013, 10:21 AM
I expect Smith to do what Cassel did. Beat up on the scrub teams and lose or even sneak by the better ones. I can't root for another team, I am stuck with this one.

About the qb position, I would much rather go 5-11 with a young qb that has shown potential than to be stuck at 8-8 with Alex Smith. Matt, you need to understand a conservative, careful qb game manager will never beat anyone without an elite team surrounding him.

But wait a number 1 pick should come in and make an impact right away right? This again shows your double standard. You're ready to say we wasted a 1st round pick on Fisher after 2 presesaon but on the other hand you're going to say that it would be ok to go 5-11 because the QB has shown potential.The guy you like gets time but not the guy who you have some issue with.

I have no problem with you having low expectations that's fine no problem but again all I ask is to be fair. 2 preseason games is not enough to judge a QB in a new offense with new talent around him. As I stated Peyton Manning struggled last presesaon with a new team. I don't think the Donkeys are to upset with what they got from him Do you? Give Smith the presesason in games that don't count to get adjusted is that to much to ask? I fully expected him to have struggles in the presesason it happens to a lot of QBs with new teams. What will define Smith is this upcoming season. Alex Smith is not Matt Cassel. He isn't to blame for Cassel's failing in KC. Alex Smith will put together his own body of work. He has to show something this year. You have concerns and they are justified. But if you are a fan of a team you do owe it to that team to be fair and not rush to judge a move you don't like based on 2 presesason games. You've made that judgement on 2 guys who you disagreed one happens to be a rookie. There's no problem with concerns it's the rush to judgement you have made that I have issue with.

SloJimFizz
08-21-2013, 11:26 AM

I don't think"root for a team" means what you think it means.
Since you arrived here, you have not been rooting for this team to win, just complain, criticize, forecast failure and pound your chest
When it happened. Worst kind of fan possible.

MyManHali
08-21-2013, 03:55 PM
Where you "drinking and posting" last night or did you just forget to take your anti-depressant medication?:beer:

I seem to recall a couple of years ago a conservative game manager QB came in here and in his first start with the team beat a very good team that had won all 13 games they had played so far that year. You were so impressed with him that you adopted his name as your own! Remember Kyle Orton?

You can't score if you don't have the football. One of the biggest reasons the Chiefs went 2-14 last year was all the turnovers. So far, our starting offense hasn't turn the ball over once in the first two ps games. When the Chargers played the Bears last week they turned the ball over 4 times and trailed 20-0 near the end of the 2nd quarter.

You're not going to score every time you get the ball. Sometimes, you'll have to punt. but by playing "careful" football and methodically marching the ball down the field, Smith will put this offense in a position to be successful.

Before taking more risks and becoming more of a gunslinger, the players around Smith have to play better. You need time to throw to make the long passes. You need an effective running game so the the defense can't just drop 8 guys into coverage. And most importantly, you need your receivers to catch the balls that are thrown to them. This offense is still working on the basics. Give them time to gel. The big plays will come.

He played carefull football against the niner's backups on Friday. Did we march down the field then?

The problem is this:

Smith doesn't make the big throws downfield. The big plays won't come unless they are from Charles.

MyManHali
08-21-2013, 03:57 PM
But wait a number 1 pick should come in and make an impact right away right? This again shows your double standard. You're ready to say we wasted a 1st round pick on Fisher after 2 presesaon but on the other hand you're going to say that it would be ok to go 5-11 because the QB has shown potential.The guy you like gets time but not the guy who you have some issue with.

I have no problem with you having low expectations that's fine no problem but again all I ask is to be fair. 2 preseason games is not enough to judge a QB in a new offense with new talent around him. As I stated Peyton Manning struggled last presesaon with a new team. I don't think the Donkeys are to upset with what they got from him Do you? Give Smith the presesason in games that don't count to get adjusted is that to much to ask? I fully expected him to have struggles in the presesason it happens to a lot of QBs with new teams. What will define Smith is this upcoming season. Alex Smith is not Matt Cassel. He isn't to blame for Cassel's failing in KC. Alex Smith will put together his own body of work. He has to show something this year. You have concerns and they are justified. But if you are a fan of a team you do owe it to that team to be fair and not rush to judge a move you don't like based on 2 presesason games. You've made that judgement on 2 guys who you disagreed one happens to be a rookie. There's no problem with concerns it's the rush to judgement you have made that I have issue with.

The qb is a developmental position, a position where you invest your entire franchise and give him time to learn secondary coverages, blitz packages etc.. where as a right tackle taken 1.1 should produce right away, or atleast show SOME POTENTIAL.

You can chalk it up however you like, we won't go anywhere with a game manager. We didn't win anything during the last regime with one, and we sure as hell won't with this one.

TopekaRoy
08-21-2013, 06:23 PM
He played carefull football against the niner's backups on Friday. Did we march down the field then? So if the Chiefs don't score every time they get the ball, then Smith sucks. Is that your standard? Seems fair to me.

The problem is this:

Smith doesn't make the big throws downfield. Yes he does. I've seen him do it. He just doesn't do it very often. Hopefully he won't have to.

The big plays won't come unless they are from Charles. Oh, don't worry. We'll get plenty of those too ... if Jamaal can stay healthy.

matthewschiefs
08-21-2013, 06:59 PM
The qb is a developmental position, a position where you invest your entire franchise and give him time to learn secondary coverages, blitz packages etc.. where as a right tackle taken 1.1 should produce right away, or atleast show SOME POTENTIAL.

You can chalk it up however you like, we won't go anywhere with a game manager. We didn't win anything during the last regime with one, and we sure as hell won't with this one.

On fisher Yes QB is a developmental position but every spot has some development to it. You're the only one I've ever seen who is willing to say a guy is a wasted pick before game 1 of the season in a guys rookie year. It's clear you're still bitter that the Chiefs didn't do what you want with the 1st pick. Go on fisher Go on hating because that's all you're doing

On Smith Lets go back to the 90s Dan Marino was throwing the ball all over the place so he was the one winning all the superbowls? NOPE it was "game manager" Troy Aikman. You build a good team around a QB and you can win. And that's not something to bash a guy over.No matter how you chalk it up ANY qb to win a superbowl has had great talent around him. ANY one. NO Qb in the history of the NFL has ever won the superbowl by himself so don't give me that whole oh he needed a stacked team around him you can say that about EVERY QB EVER TO WIN. So Like on Fisher keep hating that's all you're doing. You've made yourself clear that you're never going to support Smith to meet your standards Smith would have to say screw you to Andy Reid whos offense is based in the short passing game (something you have ignored time and time again) and just go throw bombs all over the place. But go on hating I'm done going back in forth it's pointless you've made it clear you hate Smith and have judged him to be a waste before game 1 of the season.

brdempsey69
08-21-2013, 07:17 PM
On fisher Yes QB is a developmental position but every spot has some development to it. You're the only one I've ever seen who is willing to say a guy is a wasted pick before game 1 of the season in a guys rookie year. It's clear you're still bitter that the Chiefs didn't do what you want with the 1st pick. Go on fisher Go on hating because that's all you're doing

You hit the nail right on the head. He's going to go on humping the neighbors dog about it. I'm surprised that he hasn't been busted and jailed for cruelty to animals as of yet. Fisher has shown potential, but he's playing out of position and just getting his first taste of pro ball. MMH saw that for himself in the 1st game at NO.

Notice that he didn't say anything about Albert playing FAR worse than Fisher last Friday night. Albert has been at his current position for 5 years and entering his 6th year of pro ball & yet, Fisher played better than Albert did and he was playing hurt. That right there shows me Fisher's potential. I hope they let Albert walk after 2013 & move Fisher over to the LT spot in 2014, where Fisher should be playing this year, anyway. And I hope they draft another O-Lineman in round 1 of next year just to spite MMH & I predict Alex Smith will be the starter going into 2014 and there won't be any QB taken in round 1.

MyManHali
08-21-2013, 09:01 PM
You hit the nail right on the head. He's going to go on humping the neighbors dog about it. I'm surprised that he hasn't been busted and jailed for cruelty to animals as of yet. Fisher has shown potential, but he's playing out of position and just getting his first taste of pro ball. MMH saw that for himself in the 1st game at NO.

Notice that he didn't say anything about Albert playing FAR worse than Fisher last Friday night. Albert has been at his current position for 5 years and entering his 6th year of pro ball & yet, Fisher played better than Albert did and he was playing hurt. That right there shows me Fisher's potential. I hope they let Albert walk after 2013 & move Fisher over to the LT spot in 2014, where Fisher should be playing this year, anyway. And I hope they draft another O-Lineman in round 1 of next year just to spite MMH & I predict Alex Smith will be the starter going into 2014 and there won't be any QB taken in round 1.

Albert has shown he is reliable. 4 SACKS IN 2 years where as Fisher has looked like a train wreck since we drafted him. I am not saying he will be a bust, but he looks f'ing horrible. I have re watched the game 3 times and it was like this on almost every possession. Hopefully he has looked bad because of an injury, but remember, word was he looked bad in camp and these are against backup players:

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1761113/fisher4_medium.gif

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1761119/fisher5_medium.gif

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1761125/fisher6_medium.gif

MyManHali
08-21-2013, 09:12 PM

On Smith Lets go back to the 90s Dan Marino was throwing the ball all over the place so he was the one winning all the superbowls? NOPE it was "game manager" Troy Aikman. You build a good team around a QB and you can win. And that's not something to bash a guy over.No matter how you chalk it up ANY qb to win a superbowl has had great talent around him. ANY one. NO Qb in the history of the NFL has ever won the superbowl by himself so don't give me that whole oh he needed a stacked team around him you can say that about EVERY QB EVER TO WIN. So Like on Fisher keep hating that's all you're doing. You've made yourself clear that you're never going to support Smith to meet your standards Smith would have to say screw you to Andy Reid whos offense is based in the short passing game (something you have ignored time and time again) and just go throw bombs all over the place. But go on hating I'm done going back in forth it's pointless you've made it clear you hate Smith and have judged him to be a waste before game 1 of the season.

You are talking about someone from 20 years ago. It's not like that anymore. If you want to win something you need a prime time quarterback. Perfect example is Baltimore of last year. You need exceptional quarterback play to win it all. If you have an elite qb you have the capability to beat anyone.

I talked about how Smith could be a checkdown machine before the season started and so far that speculation has become a reality.

matthewschiefs
08-21-2013, 09:49 PM
You are talking about someone from 20 years ago. It's not like that anymore. If you want to win something you need a prime time quarterback. Perfect example is Baltimore of last year. You need exceptional quarterback play to win it all. If you have an elite qb you have the capability to beat anyone.

I talked about how Smith could be a checkdown machine before the season started and so far that speculation has become a reality.

So Defenses 20 years ago had the answer to stopping the elite passer but they don't now? That's what you're saying Marino threw the ball all over the yard much like todays offenses so shouldn't he have won a title more then Aikmn? Defenses have gotten Dumber? But I will just say you're right lets go on to the other point

The point that you IGNORE TIME AND TIME AGAIN the short passes that you complain about are ANDY REIDS SYSTEM. It's the offense he runs. The passes to the rbs and tes why do you keep ignoreing this? Other then you can't bash Smith to answer it. Do you really expect an NFL QB to say forget your system I'm not going to run it I'm just going to go out and air the ball out. REALLY? Because that's what you're wanting Alex Smith to do. You're bashing a guy for running the offense his head coach has put in now. Like I said Keep hating because that's all you're doing

matthewschiefs
08-21-2013, 09:53 PM

Oh come on you know full well it's Fishers and Smiths fault when Albert fails. Further it's now confirmed that fisher and Smith are to blame for
1. Global warming
2. The JFK killing
3. They shot JR
4. Justin Bieber

brdempsey69
08-21-2013, 10:04 PM
Oh come on you know full well it's Fishers and Smiths fault when Albert fails. Further it's now confirmed that fisher and Smith are to blame for
1. Global warming
2. The JFK killing
3. They shot JR
4. Justin Bieber

:lol:

Yep, just like Smith and Fisher were totally and only to blame for last Friday night's Offensive futility according to MMH. Nevermind that both Albert and Allen were getting their a$$ whipped repeatedly as well as whiffing completely on a number of blocks. The blame still falls entirely on Smith and Fisher.

TopekaRoy
08-21-2013, 11:21 PM
1. Global warming
2. The JFK killing
3. They shot JR
4. Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber? They should both be executed, NOW!

Chiefster
08-22-2013, 08:38 AM
You forgot the Lindbergh baby.

Eydugstr
08-22-2013, 08:53 AM
1. Global warming
2. The JFK killing
3. They shot JR
4. Justin Bieber

LOL..TY...Needed a good laugh...

Does this mean I can blame Geno Smith and Brady Quinn for stuff, too? This might be great anger management tool.

doobs_05
08-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Saw this on arrowhead pride

Alex Smith = Matt Cassel
Eric Fisher is a bust.
2 out of 2 trades under Dorsey were dumb.
nuh uh – yes huh – nuh uh – yes huh -nuh uh – yes huh – nuh uh – yes huh -nuh uh – yes huh – nuh uh – yes huh -nuh uh – yes huh – nuh uh – yes huh -nuh uh – yes huh – nuh uh – yes huh -nuh uh – yes huh – nuh uh – yes huh -nuh uh – yes huh – nuh uh – yes huh
WHO’S READY FOR (SOME REGULAR SEASON) FOOTBALL!!!?

MyManHali
08-22-2013, 07:44 PM
So Defenses 20 years ago had the answer to stopping the elite passer but they don't now? That's what you're saying Marino threw the ball all over the yard much like todays offenses so shouldn't he have won a title more then Aikmn? Defenses have gotten Dumber? But I will just say you're right lets go on to the other point

The point that you IGNORE TIME AND TIME AGAIN the short passes that you complain about are ANDY REIDS SYSTEM. It's the offense he runs. The passes to the rbs and tes why do you keep ignoreing this? Other then you can't bash Smith to answer it. Do you really expect an NFL QB to say forget your system I'm not going to run it I'm just going to go out and air the ball out. REALLY? Because that's what you're wanting Alex Smith to do. You're bashing a guy for running the offense his head coach has put in now. Like I said Keep hating because that's all you're doing

Short passes are part of Reid's system, but where are the intermediate routes? They do throw the ball deep, we just don't have a quarterback capable of doing that. Almost every throw has been a checkdown. Take a look at these beautiful deep throws under Andy Reid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur-uCopULQw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTAiypz60dM

matthewschiefs
08-22-2013, 08:52 PM
Short passes are part of Reid's system, but where are the intermediate routes? They do throw the ball deep, we just don't have a quarterback capable of doing that. Almost every throw has been a checkdown. Take a look at these beautiful deep throws under Andy Reid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur-uCopULQw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTAiypz60dM

Again you're judging on 2 PRESEASON games. It's a known fact that teams do not have 100% or even close to 100% of there offense in games. Nor do they gameplan or any of the things they do in the real season. You're rushing to judgement because you can't get over the fact they made a move you don't like. The longer passes will come. They're just not going to be using a lot of them in the presesaon like a lot of teams. That and last week they had no time to get passes off most the time and the WRs were not getting open or dropping balls. Smith got drilled on a quick screen pass as soon as he got the ball last week. And that was right up the middle like a hot knife through warm butter. Yet you nipick at 2 guys over and over again. You hate on Fisher and Smith but no one else gets blame or very little and even when you do throw blame to someone else you have to throw in a dig at one of them. No one in the history of football has ever judged guys on 2 PRESEASON games like you want to and there's a reason it's no where close to being the real thing. But if you're going to start judgeing preseason then I want to see you say the Donkeys made a horrible choice last year to bring in Manning. In his first few preseason games he threw 3 picks no tds. So they made a horrible choice right. If you're going to judge one QB by preseason on a new team then you have to every Qb Right? Or will you just keep on with your history of double standards?

MyManHali
08-23-2013, 02:11 AM
Again you're judging on 2 PRESEASON games. It's a known fact that teams do not have 100% or even close to 100% of there offense in games. Nor do they gameplan or any of the things they do in the real season. You're rushing to judgement because you can't get over the fact they made a move you don't like. The longer passes will come. They're just not going to be using a lot of them in the presesaon like a lot of teams. That and last week they had no time to get passes off most the time and the WRs were not getting open or dropping balls. Smith got drilled on a quick screen pass as soon as he got the ball last week. And that was right up the middle like a hot knife through warm butter. Yet you nipick at 2 guys over and over again. You hate on Fisher and Smith but no one else gets blame or very little and even when you do throw blame to someone else you have to throw in a dig at one of them. No one in the history of football has ever judged guys on 2 PRESEASON games like you want to and there's a reason it's no where close to being the real thing. But if you're going to start judgeing preseason then I want to see you say the Donkeys made a horrible choice last year to bring in Manning. In his first few preseason games he threw 3 picks no tds. So they made a horrible choice right. If you're going to judge one QB by preseason on a new team then you have to every Qb Right? Or will you just keep on with your history of double standards?

Don't mention Peyton Manning to me. We had this conversation last year, most wrote him off because of his neck and were so sure of themselves that he would be injured during the course of the year.

Everyone of Smith's completed passes have been checkdowns this pre season. I have never seen anything like that in my entire life. Ever. It's embarrasing, but I'm sure when we play the worst team in the NFL during week 1 and Alex plays well the homers will be out in full force. It will only be until the season goes on that they will see he is simply a game manager, a game manager we must rid our team of.

Once and for all.

tornadospotter
08-23-2013, 02:20 AM
This Thread is done. It has outlived its need. It is Preseason. So if you all want to continue your issues, start a thread.