PDA

View Full Version : Post cuts Depth Chart

jap1
08-31-2013, 07:19 PM
So Arrowheadpride posted what the depth chart looks like now that the cuts were made. I like this perspective because it shows where we are deep and shallow.

What I found interesting was that we kept 9 linemen, which is unusual in this day and age. But after last year, I welcome having some depth.

I was also surprised that we kept only 4 CBs, but we kept 6 safeties.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/8/31/4680632/kansas-city-chiefs-depth-chart-53-man-roster-edition

DMN
08-31-2013, 07:28 PM
They messed up the first post. Matt Reynolds was indeed cut. It is only 8 OL kept.
But I agree with Safety. I am excited about McDougald, he seemed to work his tail off this off season.

jap1
08-31-2013, 07:38 PM
Thanks for catching that. Here is a better link. Straight from the source:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/depth-chart.html

rodu
08-31-2013, 07:54 PM
we used so many return men during the pre season, I still guess DMC is our main returner, but I wonder if we will get looks at others

jason1981
08-31-2013, 10:53 PM
Honeslty I believe mccluster wasnt as good as the other return men.

DMN
09-01-2013, 07:00 AM
Agreed. I have to think this was the determining factor in keeping Wylie. Wylie was impressive in the return.

TopekaRoy
09-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Honeslty I believe mccluster wasnt as good as the other return men.

I went back and checked all the plays on ESPN.com and McCluster didn't return any kickoffs in preseason. He only returned 2 punts---one against the Saints for 55 yds (excellent) and one against the 49ers for -4 yds (poor). He didn't get many touches in preseason, I believe because the Chiefs already know what they have with him. Wylie and Davis did very well, but haven't done it in a real game yet, so it makes sense that Dex would still be listed first on the depth chart at this point.

My guess is that McCluster will be used fairly often in the offense, while Wylie and Davis will seldom see the field except for special teams. They will get to return plenty of kicks/punts regardless of where they are listed on the depth chart and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the order changes after the first couple of games.