PDA

View Full Version : Who has wireless internet?

hermhater
10-19-2007, 04:26 AM
I have decided that I am going to deal with the infinite array of wireless options that are available at this time.

I am using Wireless G (802.11g) and have been able connect repeatedly.

The phone I use is a 2.4 GHz wireless and it seems that after the phone rings I lose connection on the computers to the internet.

Anyone else had this problem?

rbedgood
10-19-2007, 04:30 AM
You're the IT guy...?! No problems here, similar set-up, and the phone base and router are within 10 feet of each other.

hermhater
10-19-2007, 04:39 AM
I have decided that I am going to deal with the infinite array of wireless options that are available at this time.

The phone I use is a 2.4 GHz wireless and it seems that after the phone rings I lose connection on the computers to the internet.

You're the IT guy...?! No problems here, similar set-up, and the phone base and router are within 10 feet of each other.

No I am not!

Just switched to the 802.11n back to the 802.11g protocol and it is stable until my phone rings.

Strangest thing.

Or perhaps a coincidence.

Just started happening...

sling58
10-19-2007, 07:03 AM
I have no problems at my house with my wireless internet and phone jamming each other.

Guru
10-19-2007, 07:04 AM
Never had a problem here at all.

Canada
10-19-2007, 07:53 AM

I am on the Super X Wireless T using a 945.58g with a 2.8 Ghx phone with a dedicated server for routing and a coaxial triple threaded micro fiche that splits Ghz to my macro fiber lap top, but the main hub is on a 803.46g and it sometimes has some problaems when the phone rings, but only if I am calling the internet!!

sling58
10-19-2007, 08:00 AM
I am on the Super X Wireless T using a 945.58g with a 2.8 Ghx phone with a dedicated server for routing and a coaxial triple threaded micro fiche that splits Ghz to my macro fiber lap top, but the main hub is on a 803.46g and it sometimes has some problaems when the phone rings, but only if I am calling the internet!!

to people that wouldn't know better this sounds like you know something about wireless, my only question is, do you use 800-ineedtocheckmyemail or 888-howdoifindthechiefscrowdonthiscontraption to dial the internet. Everytime I use either number I get a busy signal.

:lol: :lol:

hermhater
10-19-2007, 11:34 PM

to people that wouldn't know better this sounds like you know something about wireless, my only question is, do you use 800-ineedtocheckmyemail or 888-howdoifindthechiefscrowdonthiscontraption to dial the internet. Everytime I use either number I get a busy signal.

Hilarious both of you!!!

sling58
10-20-2007, 07:42 AM
Hilarious both of you!!!

We do what we can HH!

McLovin
10-21-2007, 01:54 AM
I have dial-up, setup to run all 27 computers, shared via the mac, once I get all 27 going shared through 7 hubs, I get about 2k per second per computer, Doesn't really matter much though because 23 of the 27 are Apple II C machines, the others are a Timex Sinclair, a TI 99, a Vic20, and a Atari 400. Who needs wireless. They really smoke when I get collisions.

hermhater
10-21-2007, 02:03 AM
I have dial-up, setup to run all 27 computers, shared via the mac, once I get all 27 going shared through 7 hubs, I get about 2k per second per computer, Doesn't really matter much though because 23 of the 27 are Apple II C machines, the others are a Timex Sinclair, a TI 99, a Vic20, and a Atari 400. Who needs wireless. They really smoke when I get collisions.

I'll give you two dollars for that setup.

:toast2::toast2::toast2::toast2::toast2::toast2:

sling58
10-21-2007, 07:23 AM

Classic games right there. Wish I could find some of those old games that played on Atari to play on my PS2