PDA

View Full Version : QB Tyler Wilson cut by Raiders

brdempsey69
09-01-2013, 04:22 PM
SOURCE:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000237196/article/tyler-wilson-reportedly-cut-by-oakland-raiders

There was much talk on this site of drafting him #1 overall. Maybe the Chiefs pick him up, maybe not.

It's starting to look like the Chiefs brass are looking like geniuses ( or, perhaps guessed correctly, however you want to look at it ) for not pushing the panic button on drafting a QB in the 2013, when so many Chiefs fans were. And then, of course, jumping all over Tyler Bray as soon as they saw he was undrafted.

BTW, name a 2013 rookie QB, that was available in the 2013 draft, that turned in a better performance throughout the 2013 preseason than what Bray did last Thursday night.

Eydugstr
09-01-2013, 04:51 PM
SOURCE:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000237196/article/tyler-wilson-reportedly-cut-by-oakland-raiders

There was much talk on this site of drafting him #1 overall. Maybe the Chiefs pick him up, maybe not.

It's starting to look like the Chiefs brass are looking like geniuses ( or, perhaps guessed correctly, however you want to look at it ) for not pushing the panic button on drafting a QB in the 2013, when so many Chiefs fans were. And then, of course, jumping all over Tyler Bray as soon as they saw he was undrafted.

BTW, name a 2013 rookie QB, that was available in the 2013 draft, that turned in a better performance throughout the 2013 preseason than what Bray did last Thursday night.

Yeah, I'll fess up there...After watching him play was hoping we'd snag him, especially when he was still available in the third round. Remember Reid saying that he interviewed well, but when fourth round came along, the Raiders drafted him. We didn't get him - boo hoo - strangely enough, life went on.

But let's keep this in perspective, look at who let him go. Being let go by the Raiders might actually be a positive thing in Tyler Wilson's resume.

brdempsey69
09-01-2013, 05:01 PM
Yeah, I'll fess up there...After watching him play was hoping we'd snag him, especially when he was still available in the third round. Remember Reid saying that he interviewed well, but when fourth round came along, the Raiders drafted him. We didn't get him - boo hoo - strangely enough, life went on.

But let's keep this in perspective, look at who let him go. Being let go by the Raiders might actually be a positive thing in Tyler Wilson's resume.

I know, the Raiders have not had good success historically, either when it comes to drafting QB's, with the only success being 1968 2nd rounder Kenny Stabler and he spent 1968 and 1969 playing in the Continental Football League before joining the Raiders roster in 1970.

Anybody could see that getting drafted by the Raiders was not an ideal situation for Wilson. That team is a total mess, right now.

jason1981
09-01-2013, 05:22 PM
If the raiders let him go it cant be good cuz they need qb help in the worst way.

doobs_05
09-01-2013, 05:29 PM
If the raiders let him go it cant be good cuz they need qb help in the worst way.

They need help almost everywhere. Give it a couple years, let the new regime do their thing and Oak could be back on the right track, i think a select few QBs could actually be good with that team, and by a select few i mean like 3

texaschief
09-01-2013, 06:35 PM
wow. unreal.

brdempsey69
09-01-2013, 06:53 PM
wow. unreal.

I know, it is unreal. I would have never thought that Wilson would get cut by the Raiders after the very first camp/preseason. Totally unprecedented.

I'm hoping all Chiefs fans will join me in crossing their fingers that the Tyler ( Bray ) that the Chiefs have now matures, develops & becomes a star QB for the Chiefs over a reasonable period of time. They have never had a rookie QB do that for them, but there is a first time for everything & let Tyler Bray be that first one.

jason1981
09-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Well I think bray showed that he has the talent. He looked better than daniels. He just needs to gain experience.

texaschief
09-02-2013, 12:04 AM
It'd be nice to see Tyler Wilson on the practice squad. I would've taken Wilson before Geno. I'm stunned by this move. I haven't kept up with what he did in Oakland, but I don't see how it could've been much worse than some of the other backup QB's around the league... especially for a 4th round rookie.

tornadospotter
09-02-2013, 12:08 AM
Who are the faders QB's? I do not know or really care! They are the faders and I dislike them strongly and only slightly more than donkeys!

texaschief
09-02-2013, 12:17 AM
Who are the faders QB's? I do not know or really care! They are the faders and I dislike them strongly and only slightly more than donkeys!

Pryor and some undrafted kid outta Penn St.?

tornadospotter
09-02-2013, 12:44 AM
Pryor and some undrafted kid outta Penn St.?
So again, Who? Not caring at all yet, but faders never really fade away, Strongly dislike them only slightly more than donkeys! Get FIRED UP!!!!! NEW SEASON IS STARTING!!!!!!!

doobs_05
09-02-2013, 03:32 AM
Pryor and matt Flynn. Maybe Wilson just sacked, that was the rumor during training camp