PDA

View Full Version : All Red Uni's

kcvet
09-16-2013, 11:15 AM
http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2013/09/15/18/13/15Kfjc.St.81.jpeg

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2013/09/15/18/14/VnOj1.St.81.jpeg

this is a first. maybe im to traditional. I always liked the white pants. you ???

Frankenchief
09-16-2013, 11:25 AM
I didn't care a lot for all red. But at least it's better than all white on the road. I can live with the all red for maybe 2 or 3 games a season. Here's my hierarchy of preference:

1- Red Jersey's/white pants

2- White Jersey's/red pants

3- Red on red

4- White on white.

Miller
09-16-2013, 11:28 AM
I liked the all Red. The most important thing is that the players liked it, fired them up.

brdempsey69
09-16-2013, 11:36 AM
I didn't care a lot for all red. But at least it's better than all white on the road. I can live with the all red for maybe 2 or 3 games a season. Here's my hierarchy of preference:

1- Red Jersey's/white pants

2- White Jersey's/red pants

3- Red on red

4- White on white.

I didn't care for the all red, either. It looked like they were wearing pajamas. I'm OK with all white unis on the road or white tops with red pants.

Seek
09-16-2013, 12:44 PM
The players asked if they could do it. Andy then went to Dorsey to geta approval and then Clark Hunt. I didn't like it, but they won, so who cares. Symbolically it is showing that this is a different team than in the past.

ctchiefsfan
09-16-2013, 01:04 PM
I dunno how this came about. Was it the players? Was it Andy Reid making the statement that this is a new and different Chiefs team? I dunno. I DO know that we beat Dallas in a tough game. A game that for a lot of years we would have found a way to lose. I'm fine with the red on red if it gives the players some kind of "mental boost". I remember that for a lot of years the Cowgirls felt that wearing their blue jerseys brought them bad luck. If the Chiefs players feel red on red is good luck then I am 100% for it.

Seek
09-16-2013, 01:10 PM
I dunno how this came about. Was it the players? Was it Andy Reid making the statement that this is a new and different Chiefs team? I dunno. I DO know that we beat Dallas in a tough game. A game that for a lot of years we would have found a way to lose. I'm fine with the red on red if it gives the players some kind of "mental boost". I remember that for a lot of years the Cowgirls felt that wearing their blue jerseys brought them bad luck. If the Chiefs players feel red on red is good luck then I am 100% for it.

Andy said after the game that the players wanted to do this. He didn't see a problem with it so he got John Dorsey's approval and then they talked to Clark Hunt who gave them the go ahead.

I don't like the red on red but I like this much more than Herm Edwards switching to all White for a home game when it is supposed to be hot out in hopes to get a competeitive advantage by making the other team wear dark colors. That right there was Anti Arrowhead and Herm needed to go right then.

ctchiefsfan
09-16-2013, 01:17 PM
The worm thank God is GONE!!!!! I'm not much concerned what color scheme they wear so long as they keep winning!

brdempsey69
09-16-2013, 01:32 PM
The worm thank God is GONE!!!!! I'm not much concerned what color scheme they wear so long as they keep winning!

Worm? Do you mean Pioli? If so, I'm very thankful that he's gone. I'll never forgive him for what he did in the 2010 draft & it's looking like Berry and Lewis are the only selections that are going to stay long-term with this new regime. McCluster, Arenas, and Moeaki were all reaches and Asamoah has been disappointing to me & can easily be replaced by a better player.

Chiefster
09-16-2013, 02:30 PM
I viewed the all red uniforms as an extention of Red Friday and it made them apart of the sea of red. I kind of liked it.

Eydugstr
09-16-2013, 02:37 PM
I dunno how this came about. Was it the players? Was it Andy Reid making the statement that this is a new and different Chiefs team?

According to Andy Reid's press statement after the game, the players are the ones that asked for the red pants, Reid in turn asked Dorsey, who in turn got the okay from Clark Hunt.

JMHO, but I think it was more of personal statement from the players than anything. And if it makes the players feel more confident, so be it, let 'em. Judging by the way they played, they earned it.

On to Philly.

kcvet
09-16-2013, 02:41 PM
well let's see what happens next home game. it may be the rule from now on

ctchiefsfan
09-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Worm? Do you mean Pioli? If so, I'm very thankful that he's gone. I'll never forgive him for what he did in the 2010 draft & it's looking like Berry and Lewis are the only selections that are going to stay long-term with this new regime. McCluster, Arenas, and Moeaki were all reaches and Asamoah has been disappointing to me & can easily be replaced by a better player.

Actually, I was thinking of Herm the Worm but it's not a bad title for our ex-GM either though I do tend to think of him as being lower than a worm....more like whale shi* in the deepest part of the ocean.

Though I do think you should consider adding Poe to the list of the previous regimes draftees that will be around for a while.

ctchiefsfan
09-16-2013, 02:54 PM
According to Andy Reid's press statement after the game, the players are the ones that asked for the red pants, Reid in turn asked Dorsey, who in turn got the okay from Clark Hunt.

JMHO, but I think it was more of personal statement from the players than anything. And if it makes the players feel more confident, so be it, let 'em. Judging by the way they played, they earned it.

On to Philly.

YUP! If they play like they did against Dallas every time they wear red on red then I'm fine with it!

matthewschiefs
09-16-2013, 03:05 PM
I say do this for the home openers then go to the white pants for the rest of the games

N TX Dave
09-16-2013, 03:41 PM
I liked it, it is the first time in Chief's history that they have worn red over red. I thought it was good looking all red no dirty/bloody pants they looked cleaner and the players wanted it and responded to getting it.

spiman
09-16-2013, 07:28 PM
:biggrin:Lets act like Oregon-ducks They look kool

chiefnut
09-18-2013, 10:07 AM
it was weird, as I watched the game I knew something seemed off but I couldn't put my finger on it until they mentioned it. I think it looked different, not different good or different bad, just different. they won and that's all I cared about. if they like wearing the red/red then ok by me.