PDA

View Full Version : Time to talk about Philthy......

ctchiefsfan
09-16-2013, 01:28 PM
I know next to nothing about the Philthydelphia Iggles.

Seems they run a really fast hurry up offense.

How do you think our defense will stack up against it?

It's my understanding that against the Dolts their defense was on the field close to 40 minutes and their offense was only on the field for something like 20 minutes. And yet their offense still scored 30 points. That's SCARY! That's 1.5 points per minute!

Can our D hold them to 21 points or less?

Can Alex Smith get us enough points if this game turns into a high scoring shootout?

What do y'all think?

Bike
09-16-2013, 01:34 PM
I would think we'd play a lot of nickel with a lot of zone against these guys. And hopefully get some pressure on Vick with our 3 down linemen.

brdempsey69
09-16-2013, 01:46 PM
The Chiefs Defense is going to get severely tested by the Eagles Offense & what worries me is the lack of time to prepare for them with the game being played on Thursday, instead of Sunday. They will have to bring their A-Game & they cannot make mistakes and will need to force some turnovers.

The Chiefs Offense will need to move the ball consistently and put points on the scoreboard & keep their Defense off the field and it's going to be dependent on how well the Chiefs O-Line plays. Philly's secondary can be had if Alex Smith get's time to throw, as Phillip Rivers had time to throw all game long & picked them apart and the Chargers did have success running the ball.

kcvet
09-16-2013, 02:09 PM
gotta get this O line problem fixed. and fast. the Texicans got 4 sacks. maybe 5. and when your leading rusher is the QB that speaks volumes.

Chiefster
09-16-2013, 02:20 PM
We have to establish a ball control offensive game that eats clock and keeps their offense off the feild, this approach only works if we get a few defensive stops. I think that a low scoring game favors the Chiefs, if we get involed in a "shoot out" then that will tend to favor Philthy.

kcvet
09-16-2013, 02:49 PM
We have to establish a ball control offensive game that eats clock and keeps their offense off the feild, this approach only works if we get a few defensive stops. I think that a low scoring game favors the Chiefs, if we get involed in a "shoot out" then that will tend to favor Philthy.

I agree cause its time to gas their D. our's was gassed in the 4th yesterday. gotta have a rested D at the end IMO

http://oi42.tinypic.com/mn6ac.jpg

:biggrin::biggrin:

texaschief
09-16-2013, 03:19 PM
The best thing to do to a fast-paced offense like the Eagles is to keep them on the sidelines. The gameplan for the Chiefs should be to concentrate on the power running aspects of the offense. If we're controlling the ball for large chunks of time each quarter and punching into the endzone after those long drives, that should help the defense not only keep rested, but it should also take some of the burden off them as they try to prepare for that offense on a short week. If I were Andy, I'd ride Charles and Davis all game long. Chew that clock and keep Vick and Kelly neutralized. The Eagles defense hasn't shown any kind of life so far. If you can game plan anticipating that you can probably dictate the tempo against their defense, then a power running, time chewing offense is what you should deploy. Luckily for Reid, he has a road-grating O-line and Jamaal Charles in that backfield. USE IT!

ctchiefsfan
09-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Y'know....looking at the schedule I think this game against Philthy may be one of the most important games of our season. If we can beat the Iggles in Philthy then I say we probably sweep the NFC East if we stay reasonably injury-free. Do that and I can't see us winning less than 9 games...probably 10......maybe even....nah....I ain't even going to say it. We may well be looking at a Wildcard spot this year.

Eydugstr
09-16-2013, 03:41 PM
The Chiefs Defense is going to get severely tested by the Eagles Offense & what worries me is the lack of time to prepare for them with the game being played on Thursday, instead of Sunday. They will have to bring their A-Game & they cannot make mistakes and will need to force some turnovers.

The Chiefs Offense will need to move the ball consistently and put points on the scoreboard & keep their Defense off the field and it's going to be dependent on how well the Chiefs O-Line plays. Philly's secondary can be had if Alex Smith get's time to throw, as Phillip Rivers had time to throw all game long & picked them apart and the Chargers did have success running the ball.

Agreed. The Eagles have me concerned because they're coming off a loss, and will be playing in front of their home crowd. Their coach is coming off his first NFL loss and I'm sure will be doing his best to make sure the Chiefs aren't #2. They've put up a lot of points in two games. The players are definitely buying to what the new coach is selling. Vick still can scramble.

With that being said, they are beatable. SD's defense is good but I think that KC's is better. If we force Vick to scramble a lot that means everyone else on the D is getting their jobs done! Reid's knowledge of the personnell there might be a difference maker, too.

kcvet
09-16-2013, 05:00 PM
run the hurry up a lot more. I think it would have helped yesterday. it keeps the DC outta the game and questionable calls take time for the opposition to check and flag it.

ctchiefsfan
09-16-2013, 05:52 PM
MAN!!!! More I think about it the more I WANT this game!!!!!

Bike
09-16-2013, 07:05 PM
We do have one advantage - Reid was the HC there for 13 years - so he does know some of the players and knows what its like to play there. If we can sustain some drives we'll have a chance. Too many 3 and outs will send us home with a loss. And (goes without saying), we need to win the turnover battle on the road to have success - and I think we win that battle.

spiman
09-16-2013, 07:22 PM
My friends do not think that The Chiefs have no chance . Frak em.. Dare I say oline - Albert -{ I dislike that guy }

Eydugstr
09-16-2013, 09:54 PM
The best thing to do to a fast-paced offense like the Eagles is to keep them on the sidelines. The gameplan for the Chiefs should be to concentrate on the power running aspects of the offense. If we're controlling the ball for large chunks of time each quarter and punching into the endzone after those long drives, that should help the defense not only keep rested, but it should also take some of the burden off them as they try to prepare for that offense on a short week. If I were Andy, I'd ride Charles and Davis all game long. Chew that clock and keep Vick and Kelly neutralized. The Eagles defense hasn't shown any kind of life so far. If you can game plan anticipating that you can probably dictate the tempo against their defense, then a power running, time chewing offense is what you should deploy. Luckily for Reid, he has a road-grating O-line and Jamaal Charles in that backfield. USE IT!

Agreed. Keep those recievers cold on the sidelines.

Bike
09-16-2013, 10:29 PM
And - not only is it a short week - but a short travel week to a different time zone. Really only one practice day - tuesday - to get ready for these guys. As wednesday will be travel day. This will indeed be a tough test for this team coming off a hard-fought win.

Justin5772002
09-17-2013, 12:34 AM
If we beat the eagles their going to have a really tough rest of the year cause everyone will game plan the same way us and San Diego is were about to see how dynamic chip Kelly truely is

tornadospotter
09-17-2013, 01:14 AM
And - not only is it a short week - but a short travel week to a different time zone. Really only one practice day - tuesday - to get ready for these guys. As wednesday will be travel day. This will indeed be a tough test for this team coming off a hard-fought win.

That is also my concern. It is a short week, and a road game. This could tell us a lot about our Chiefs this season. While I look to win, and expect a win, because that is who I am, the way we play will tell a lot about this team. Win or not, Loud and Proud I am!

kcvet
09-17-2013, 10:31 AM

its a short week for them to. and they lost sunday on top of this

Seek
09-17-2013, 01:02 PM
The Chiefs play bascially man coverage. They have played this all year. This will allow them to designate safeties and line backers to cover the Option plays the Eagles are running. The defense just needs to stay disciplined and stay to their man and our offense will out perform the Eagles Defense.

brdempsey69
09-17-2013, 01:08 PM
The Eagles secondary can be had if Alex Smith can be well protected & given time to throw. Also, employ more power-running schemes to try to spring Jamaal Charles for some big runs.

Defensively, as Seek said, stay disciplined and don't blow coverages.

Eydugstr
09-17-2013, 03:02 PM
The Eagles secondary can be had if Alex Smith can be well protected & given time to throw. Also, employ more power-running schemes to try to spring Jamaal Charles for some big runs.

Defensively, as Seek said, stay disciplined and don't blow coverages.

That's it in a nutshell. Because of the short week, how much can they dissect from the Eagles? Our best option is to focus on what KC does well, and improve what has gone not-so-well. At some point I do expect Reid to exploit some of the Philly players' weaknesses, but outside of that don't expect to see anything new. I'd really like to see special teams pick it up a notch, they were giving me a lot more hope in the preseason.

ctchiefsfan
09-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Thinking more about this game, I am more convinced than ever that it will be our biggest challenge of the season so far and also out most important game so far.

We've proved we can beat a crappy team on the road.

We've proved we can beat a good team at home.

Now we have to prove we can beat a good team on the road.....during a short week. If we can pull this one off, the worst I can see us doing is 7-9 with 10-6 a very real possibility.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!