PDA

View Full Version : GAme 4 thoughts

matthewschiefs
09-29-2013, 04:29 PM
The good

Dexter Mccluster through out the week alot of talk about how he was a wasted pick. I disagree I've been high on him. If used right he can be a weapon he showed some of that today

The Defense. Outside of 1 play they were OUTSTANDING and they did it without there best CB. That's a great sign

THEY FINISHED them off and TOOK over the game. In the past we have seen this team crumble in close games late. They've done the opposite this year

The bad.

The turnovers While one was just an amazing bounce for the Giants they can't turn the ball over 2 times and exepect to win very often. It just won't happen

MR. D BOWE effort on some plays or lack there of. I am very harsh on Bowe because I know he has a ton of talent his effort and quitting on a route is just never acceptable he did that today. He needs a bit of a fire under his rear although he did get a td late his effort early in the game can really hurt this team

Lord-Chiefy
09-29-2013, 04:33 PM
I agree with everything. Also our online did much better on pass protection shows

brdempsey69
09-29-2013, 04:39 PM
I agree with everything. Also our online did much better on pass protection shows

It looked like Eric Fisher was having a pretty good game prior to leaving with a possible concussion ( Justin Tuck only had one tackle ).

Chiefs 3rd down efficiency 9/16

Giants 3rd down efficiency 1/14.

^^ You don't win with that sort of 1 for 14 stat.

azchiefsfan
09-29-2013, 04:40 PM
I fear us playing a really good defense. Yeah we are winning, but our defense keeps surrendering too many passes to good receivers. Cruz and Bryant ate our lunch. If our offense gets stopped, our defense may not be able to stop a good passing team.

matthewschiefs
09-29-2013, 04:40 PM
It looked like Eric Fisher was having a pretty good game prior to leaving with a possible concussion ( Justin Tuck only had one tackle ).

Fisher had 1 false start but that was really the only bad thing. Reid did confirm he had a concussion so now with all the new rules he will have to past all the test to be able to play next week

Bike
09-29-2013, 04:44 PM
I was impressed with rookie cornerback Marcus Cooper. It's nice to have able reserves to come off the bench and play when needed. Thanks - again - to San Fran - for rejecting this guy.

matthewschiefs
09-29-2013, 04:46 PM
I was impressed with rookie cornerback Marcus Cooper. It's nice to have able reserves to come off the bench and play when needed. Thanks - again - to San Fran - for rejecting this guy.

Forgot to mention him we needed someone to step up and he did big time

Sick Dog
09-29-2013, 05:07 PM
I fear us playing a really good defense. Yeah we are winning, but our defense keeps surrendering too many passes to good receivers. Cruz and Bryant ate our lunch. If our offense gets stopped, our defense may not be able to stop a good passing team.

What?...defense can't stop good passing team...what are Cowgirls, Eagles and Giants...all good passing offenses and aside from a couple of plays they shut them down...the other team gets paid too and these highly skilled guys are going to make some plays not to mention Flowers our best CB was hurt and not even playing in today's game...

NJChiefs
09-29-2013, 05:19 PM
The bad.

The turnovers While one was just an amazing bounce for the Giants they can't turn the ball over 2 times and exepect to win very often. It just won't happen

This actually makes me happy. Now at least we see that we can still win despite turning the ball over. We weren't going to have that amazing turnover differential forever, and now no one can say that the only reason we were winning was because of the luck of the turnover.

N TX Dave
09-29-2013, 05:19 PM
I think this game was good all the way around and I will not complain about anything, if we play 12 more games like this we will be in the playoffs. Turnovers will happen 3 in 4 games okay still +9 on the season, a lot better than last year at this time. I think Smith threw into coverage more today than the past and took a few more risks as well as throwing a few deeper balls. Lets get our two starting TE and top CB back in the line up and see what we can do. Although we found out we have a good rookie CB on the team.

azchiefsfan
09-29-2013, 05:22 PM
I agree NTD. I am still a little nervous of a few things(as mentioned), but feel nothing but excitement where we're at. I really thought it'd take Reid a second year to be where we're at. I'm glad I was over-cautious.

texaschief
09-29-2013, 07:24 PM

Gotta disagree here. If those plays are always there, our last 3 opponents would've taken advantage of them more often. I have very few concerns with our secondary considering what the team is asking from them. By playing man, our defense can do some pretty incredible things up front, which has led to so many of the turnovers we've seen this season. One of the drawbacks of playing this style of defense is that you will occasionally give up a big play. I'll happily trade a big play TD for a defense that turns the other team over 3+ times per game. If we're getting those kinds of turnovers due to pressure and disguised coverages, we're winning the game... much like we've seen the first 4 games of the season.

7 points on one play to an elite WR and QB combo against our backup CB. That's all we gave up.

Again... perspective.

kcvet
09-29-2013, 07:33 PM
looking ahead we disposed of this Manning but the next one's gonna be a different ball game

jason1981
09-29-2013, 07:40 PM
What we really need is to get healthy. With mcgraths break out we will have 3 tes that can play. And we need to get flowers healthy and hope fishers concussion wasnt bad. Also jeff allen as well.

tornadospotter
09-29-2013, 08:11 PM
looking ahead we disposed of this Manning but the next one's gonna be a different ball game
One down, the next one to go down times two! Make it so.

Bike
09-29-2013, 08:27 PM
What we really need is to get healthy. With mcgraths break out we will have 3 tes that can play. And we need to get flowers healthy and hope fishers concussion wasnt bad. Also jeff allen as well.
Jeff Allen is not a starting Olineman IMO. But he is who we have. Fisher has been man-handled most of the time and is playing out of the position he has been playing since high school. At 6'8", he may have a tough go as far as staying healthy is concerned. I think his height is a disadvantage at his position. But that's just me.

brdempsey69
09-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Jeff Allen is not a starting Olineman IMO. But he is who we have. Fisher has been man-handled most of the time and is playing out of the position he has been playing since high school. At 6'8", he may have a tough go as far as staying healthy is concerned. I think his height is a disadvantage at his position. But that's just me.

Inaccurate assessment. He's had some struggles, yes, but manhandled most of the time, no. I've watched Fisher closely via NFL Game Rewind and I know he hasn't been "manhandled most of the time".

Bike
09-29-2013, 08:53 PM
Inaccurate assessment. He's had some struggles, yes, but manhandled most of the time, no. I've watched Fisher closely via NFL Game Rewind and I know he hasn't been "manhandled most of the time".

I politely disagree. He gave away at least 5 pressures, 2 sacks, and 2 holding penalties vs philly. PFF has him ranked 144 out of 157 offensive tackles at this time. Fletcher Cox and D. Ware simply pushed him out of the way or ran around him. I've also watched some of the games on DVR and from what I can see he's got a lot of work to do to compete at this level. That said, I hope he comes back from his concussion and plays well.

brdempsey69
09-29-2013, 09:04 PM
I politely disagree. He gave away at least 5 pressures, 2 sacks, and 2 holding penalties vs philly. PFF has him ranked 144 out of 157 offensive tackles at this time. Fletcher Cox and D. Ware simply pushed him out of the way or ran around him. I've also watched some of the games on DVR and from what I can see he's got a lot of work to do to compete at this level. That said, I hope he comes back from his concussion and plays well.

Ware hardly ever lined up across from him in the Dallas game, it was Albert that Ware went against predominantly. Cox got him a couple times in the Philly game in the 1st half, but not in the 2nd half and PFF ratings of O-Lineman are totally worthless.

Sorry, but it's not a question of anyone's opinion. I know what I've seen & I've watched the games & Fisher very closely multiple times. I don't have any doubt Fisher can compete at this level once he gets experience under his belt.

kcvet
09-29-2013, 09:08 PM
One down, the next one to go down times two! Make it so.

hope your right bro

Bike
09-29-2013, 09:18 PM
Ware hardly ever lined up across from him in the Dallas game, it was Albert that Ware went against predominantly. Cox got him a couple times in the Philly game in the 1st half, but not in the 2nd half and PFF ratings of O-Lineman are totally worthless.

Sorry, but it's not a question of anyone's opinion. I know what I've seen & I've watched the games & Fisher very closely multiple times. I don't have any doubt Fisher can compete at this level once he gets experience under his belt.
We will have to disagree here then. Here's another one - bench Shawn Smith and Dante Robinson and start Cooper opposite Flowers.

brdempsey69
09-29-2013, 09:23 PM
We will have to disagree here then. Here's another one - bench Shawn Smith and Dante Robinson and start Cooper opposite Flowers.

Uh, no, sorry but as said before, I'm not giving an opinion here regarding Fisher, as I know what I've seen. Any disagreement is totally one-sided.

Regarding Cooper, I'll have to watch the game later on.

Bike
09-29-2013, 09:34 PM
Uh, no, sorry but as said before, I'm not giving an opinion here regarding Fisher, as I know what I've seen. Any disagreement is totally one-sided.

Regarding Cooper, I'll have to watch the game later on.
Any disagreement is totally one-sided? What are you rambling about??? Is your assessment of Fisher the final say? I'm glad you like the guy - but IN MY OPINION - and it is just that - an opinion - he has a lot of work to do to compete at this level. I wish the guy the best - but I just don't see it - YET.

brdempsey69
09-29-2013, 09:52 PM
Any disagreement is totally one-sided? What are you rambling about??? Is your assessment of Fisher the final say? I'm glad you like the guy - but IN MY OPINION - and it is just that - an opinion - he has a lot of work to do to compete at this level. I wish the guy the best - but I just don't see it - YET.

I'm telling you what I've SEEN !! I have two eyes. If somebody tells me that in their opinion the sky is pink & I look up and see it's blue, then the disagreement is indeed one-sided. I go with what I see, not somebody else's opinion & I don't care about someone's opinion when it doesn't stack up with what I've SEEN.

I've seen the previous three guys ( O'Callaghan, Richardson, and Winston ) that played the RT position before Fisher, who had more NFL experience than Fisher does at this point & Fisher is competing better than any of them. Those previous 3 guys were consistently BAD. Fisher has not been consistently bad. He's had his struggles, yes, & certainly he has room for improvement, but manhandled most of the time, like you were suggesting, no, because that is not what I've SEEN.

Bike
09-29-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm telling you what I've SEEN !! I have two eyes. If somebody tells me that in their opinion the sky is pink & I look up and see it's blue, then the disagreement is indeed one-sided. I go with what I see, not somebody else's opinion & I don't care about someone's opinion when it doesn't stack up with what I've SEEN.

I've seen the previous three guys ( O'Callaghan, Richardson, and Winston ) that played the RT position before Fisher, who had more NFL experience than Fisher does at this point & Fisher is competing better than any of them. Those previous 3 guys were consistently BAD. Fisher has not been consistently bad. He's had his struggles, yes, & certainly he has room for improvement, but manhandled most of the time, like you were suggesting, no, because that is not what I've SEEN.
Wow. I certainly have not seen Fisher playing at an NFL level. Not even close. Not yet. With that, I bid you good night.

brdempsey69
09-29-2013, 10:18 PM
Wow. I certainly have not seen Fisher playing at an NFL level. Not even close. Not yet. With that, I bid you good night.

Then you simply haven't watched him closely & have only taken note of a handful of plays.....plain and simple.

jason1981
09-29-2013, 11:43 PM

Sean smith has actually been playing good oposite of flowers. No need to replace him witj cooper. But cooper did a great job and earned some more playing time. Maybe replace robinson as 3rd on depth chart or at nickel back.

AudioFunk
09-29-2013, 11:59 PM
You guys look like the 2011 49ers. 49ers had one of the top rushing D. They weren't so good in pass D. Chiefs prolly have a better pass D then the 2011 9ers. They had a great overall D and a decent offense. They also struggled against good D. But don't worry. Alex Smith is smart. He's actually the one who can beat Seattle at their house, Alex always has always had good games against them, so just in case you meet em in the SB. anyways, my 9ers were one of the last in passing offense and top 10 rushing. They took care of the football. Got a lot of turnovers. And look where they ended up, NFCCG. Titans will be a decent test. They have an alright D. Real test will be the Broncos and Texans. Hopefully you guys get to the SB.

ctchiefsfan
09-30-2013, 12:16 AM
Thanks AudioFunk! We're starting to get excitipated around here!!!

swochief
09-30-2013, 07:34 PM
gotta agree w/ you.

rodu
09-30-2013, 10:23 PM
give a healthy TE compliment, would it be fair for McGrath to be #2? He's got Smith's trust it seems, and he's been pretty decent

brdempsey69
09-30-2013, 10:59 PM
give a healthy TE compliment, would it be fair for McGrath to be #2? He's got Smith's trust it seems, and he's been pretty decent

Could very well be. Or even #1. When the others get healthy, they'll have to earn their playing time.

jason1981
09-30-2013, 11:18 PM
I think they are perty hogh on kelce and have packages designed for him. I doubt mcgrath will jump on depth chart. Unless its due to injury or health. But what about 3 te sets. That would be good for the run as well as pass.

Justin5772002
09-30-2013, 11:20 PM
IMO the way we are headed I see our biggest challenge being the broncos, that being said my prediction, we get as far in the playoffs this year until we lose to the broncos

brdempsey69
09-30-2013, 11:21 PM
I think they are perty hogh on kelce and have packages designed for him. I doubt mcgrath will jump on depth chart. Unless its due to injury or health. But what about 3 te sets. That would be good for the run as well as pass.

Good point. Short yardage and goal line packages. Makes sense to me.

IMO the way we are headed I see our biggest challenge being the broncos, that being said my prediction, we get as far in the playoffs this year until we lose to the broncos

And I predict if the Chiefs get in as a wildcard & get a 3rd crack at the Donkeys, the Chiefs will beat them.

As far as playing in Denver at Invesco field, the Chiefs have never won in Sept., Oct., Nov., Dec., but in January, the Chiefs beat them both times.

Frankenchief
10-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Let me first say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that we are 4-0 and our O for all it's faults always seems to have one final clutch drive in them to finish off an opponent.

That said, I would love to see us put teams away early, becuase:

1- I don't have much more nails to bite off.

2- I cannot reach my toe nails.

3- We will not ALWAYS gonna be able to produce the final clutch drive.

If we want to ever compete with teams like Denver Mannings or the resurgent Bolts in our division we have to learn to knock out some teams early. Our offense is still a work in progress. but for my taste, the improvement is very slow.

Realistically, it will maybe next year to start having an offense that can scare people.