PDA

View Full Version : Titans/Jets and the Chiefs

texaschief
09-30-2013, 12:21 AM
I have the ticket. I usually record the game of the Chiefs' next week's opponent. This week's game was obviously the Titans/Jets game. I couldn't wait to watch this game tonight (for obvious reasons).

Let me start off by saying that I acknowledge that I was wrong about Geno Smith. Geno is not a younger version of Alex Smith as I had argued earlier this spring based off career numbers... Geno is much worse than that. The Titans do NOT have much of a pass rush but Geno just could not make any good decisions and their O-line made the Titans look MUCH better than they actually are. 4 turnovers (almost 4 more) and sacked 5x (one sack SHOULD'VE been a safety after retreating 15 yards and another was turned into a strip 6). Again, the Titans are NOT a good pass rushing team.

No, Geno is not a younger version of Alex... he's some kind of hybrid of Vince Young, Matt Cassel, and Mark Sanchez. Geno finished the day with a 7.8 QBR and owns a 65 QBR (before today) on the season. The only 2 QBs worse than him this year no longer have a job (Freeman/Weeden). He holds the 2nd worst comp % (before today), wedged right between Freeman and Weeden. BUT his yards per attempt rank 9th in the league at 7.85 which, I guess means he's better than Tom Brady who sits worst in the league at 5.5... well, never mind because he also leads the league in INTs (8)... and that's also not including multiple fumbles.

It really is too bad that Tim Tebow isn't still around... at least Geno would have some competetion for worst player in the league.

"... and that's all I have to say about that" - Forrest Gump

Now, about the Titans. There is NOTHING about the Tennessee Titans that strikes fear in their opponent's heart. Locker wasn't all that great to begin with, but now they've lost their starting QB. Shut down Chris Johnson and force Ryan Fitzpatrick to beat you. The Titans, much like the Chiefs have feasted on their turnover ratio. They have yet to turn the ball over this season. Pretty impressive 4 games in. Stats aren't updated yet, but I think the Chiefs are sitting at +10 in TO dif. while the Titans are at +9. They've beaten 0-4 Pittsburgh (-11), lost in overtime to Houston (-4), Beat SD (-3), and beat the Jets (-10). The Chiefs have beaten Jax (-4), Dallas (+3), Philly (-2), and NYG (-9). Both teams are practically winning the same way.

However, there are a few differences to these two teams. Tennessee has the 29th ranked offense that will have to square off against a Chiefs defense that is a top 5 unit that is only giving up 10pts/gm and leading the league in sacks... and they'll have to do it with their backup QB.

That's not to say the Titans' defense is horrible. But it's not like they were playing elite offenses like those in the NFC East, either. Todd Haley in Pittsburgh... we know exactly what kind of offense THAT is (28th in yards, 30th in pts). They lost to the only "good" offense they played (Houston 10th yards/16th pts). San Diego is mid pack and NYJ is bottom 3rd. Counter that with Chiefs opponents like Philly who is 2nd in yards and 5th in points or Dallas who is top 10 in both categories as well, and you see a Chiefs defense that has been tested. The Giants are bottom quarter and the Jags are dead last, so take that as you will.

The Chiefs offense is right at league average after the Giants game. They're not going to blow out the the Titan's defense. You can expect a similar performance to what we saw against Dallas. The key to this game is going to be turnovers. I know that's a pretty big key to every game, but for the Chiefs and Titans, it's even more important because that is how both teams have been winning. Can the Titans' offense with back QB Fitzpatrick score enough on a top ranked Chiefs defense if the Chiefs aren't turning the ball over? We've seen the Chiefs score against a good Dallas defense a couple times. The Giants don't have a horrible defensive unit either. The Jets have a really good defense but Geno Smith kept putting them in bad situations and made the game look much worse than it actually was for the Jets defense. Reminded me a lot of what we saw from the Chiefs last season. QB just couldn't stop turning the ball over and just killed the defense. Houston has a great defense as well and the Titans took them to overtime. The Titans have the 29th ranked offense, but they can move and score when they get an opportunity. A big question for them is who's going to be their QB?

Next Sunday, you're going to see a league average Chiefs offense against a top 10 Tennessee defense. You're also going to see a league bottom third Tennessee offense with a new QB against a top 3 Chiefs defense. Again, nothing on that Titans team strikes fear in your heart. Stop Chris Johnson on offense and know where the best safety in the league is on their defense and you can pretty much dictate what you want to do. Going into next Sunday, I EXPECT the Chiefs to win. I was more worried about the last 3 games than I am about the Titans. I don't see Alex Smith and this offense giving the Titans turnovers to prey on. But I also don't see the Titans giving the Chiefs any gifts either. So when you match up offenses v. defenses, I think the Chiefs have a very large advantage.

Take a look at that schedule, Chiefs fans. Things don't get any easier the rest of the season. Oakland is playing well, Houston is always good. Cleveland is suddenly worth noticing. Playing in Buffalo always sucks for the Chiefs. Then Denver, SD, Denver isn't something to look forward to. As good as things may look right now, don't expect the Chiefs to just roll through their schedule and not have any issues. The offense is looking better each week and if the defense can stay healthy, things could get very exciting, but the Chiefs play good teams the rest of the season. Make no mistake.

jason1981
09-30-2013, 12:54 AM
.fat as im concerned every team concerns me and wont look any team no matter what their record shows or ranks. We need to keep this hunger. That being said we shoukd be favorites in this game.

texaschief
09-30-2013, 01:53 AM
.fat as im concerned every team concerns me and wont look any team no matter what their record shows or ranks. We need to keep this hunger. That being said we shoukd be favorites in this game.

I'm not playing in these games. Whether I judge teams based on stats, records, or cheerleaders makes no difference in the outcome of these games. I'm not a player and I highly doubt many (if any) of the Chiefs players have ever heard of this site, let alone read MY commentary.

I'm a fan. I no longer play. All I have are stats and records to predict future performance. I didn't say I wasn't concerned about the Titans. It's just hard to find any aspect of their teams that freaks me out the way Eli and his receivers did, or the way Chip Kelly and his vaunted offense does, or the Cowboys and their all-around GOOD team. The Titans are the benifactors of some really sloppy play. Johnson hasn't done anything all season and they just lost their starting QB. The defense is ok, but not horrible.

What scares you about this team?

brdempsey69
09-30-2013, 01:59 AM
^^Not scared of the Titans, but respectful of them because they are improved over last year -- especially the interior O-Line. And they are going to be at home when the Chiefs take them on. The good news is that the Chiefs have played well on the road & we just have to hope they continue to do that in Tennessee next week. Personally, I'm expecting a tough ball game.

Eydugstr
09-30-2013, 03:00 AM
If we keep "chopping wood" we'll come out okay. Our recievers are getting better but am curious how things are going to play out with Fisher's concussion. Would rather us NOT face Ryan Fitzpatrick, who destroyed us two years in a row with the Bills.

Seek
09-30-2013, 09:01 AM
I am scared of the Titans. So far this year, the Chiefs have faced what appears to be 4 of the worste defenses in the league. The Chiefs offense was stalemate in pretty much everyone one of them. I fear what a good/above average defense will do to this offensive line on the ROAD.

This team has thrived off winning the field postion game and if that means if the Chiefs go three and out every play, we have been okay with that as long as we don't turn the ball over, because our punter is awesome and the defense can cause turn overs give us great starting field postion. Ironically, it really isn't until our offense start on the 20 are on the 5 before our offense actually moves the ball.

Locker is hurt and may not play, but the Titans play the same style of football as the Chiefs. Locker has yet to throw an interception and while not striking fear into anyone as you say, Neither are the Chiefs. Both Teams methodically worked the ball down the field with what the defense will give them.

While I am very excited the Chiefs are 4-0. This will be our biggest test so far. A decent team that does not have the over hyped Big Market opinion making those teams better than they are. They are 3-1 and have played much better talent that the Chiefs, losing to Houston in OT by 3. Houston was considered a Superbowl caliber team.

kcvet
09-30-2013, 10:21 AM
we'll play the Titians BU QB this week. their starter was hauled off the field yesterday with a hip injury

jason1981
09-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Just scared cuz I still have the taste of last year still in my mind.

ctchiefsfan
09-30-2013, 11:32 AM
The Titans worry me. Not because I see anything about them that I think gives them an big edge, but because I know that they are good enough to beat us. They are not a lot better than us, but they are close enough to us that all it would take for them to beat us is one or two breaks at the right time. Throw in the fact that they will be playing at home plus the fact that we'll have no film of their quarterback to study and this could be a very tough game.

As to the rest of this season. For a last place schedule ours looks pretty tough to me. We're going to win some and we're going to lose some, but I don't see any that I would call a sure thing either way.

The nice thing is that at the start of the season I saw quite a few games that were either sure losses or likely losses. Just about all those games I now see as the Chiefs now having at least a 50/50 chance of winning.

Sick Dog
09-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Well they don't have the Giants offense which I know they are playing horrible but they do have a very good "O" and Chiefs "D" basically shut them down.

Seek
09-30-2013, 12:39 PM
we'll play the Titians BU QB this week. their starter was hauled off the field yesterday with a hip injury

Their BU challenged locker to be the starter this year. It also makes it harder for the defense to game plan around him. Many feel that their QB situation is a wash....

Seek
09-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Well they don't have the Giants offense which I know they are playing horrible but they do have a very good "O" and Chiefs "D" basically shut them down.

The Giants don't have a very good O. They have a very good receivers and a good QB who can just heave it as far as he can and the receivers out run, out jump the defense to come down with it. After that, their offense is horrific. The Panthers shut them down. The Chiefs held them in check after Dunta Robinson got ran by like an old man using a cane. The Chiefs defense did what was expected.

doobs_05
09-30-2013, 01:18 PM
hahahahaha saying tenn. def is terrible (yet they rank top 10 in pass and rushing defense, and total points allowed)

edit: had to re read, you're saying that because of the teams they played.

doobs_05
09-30-2013, 01:32 PM
(UGH STUPID EDIT RULE)

Also i agree with seek, our offense hasn't done much (unless they need to go on a 80 or more yard drive). Carolina gave manning hell and we kinda gave them mild hell. Teams we played keep losing (then the 2010 arguement will come back, eash schedule.), philly had the one good game against washington and then everything went downhill. The offense needs to score more

ctchiefsfan
09-30-2013, 01:39 PM
(UGH STUPID EDIT RULE)

Also i agree with seek, our offense hasn't done much (unless they need to go on a 80 or more yard drive). Carolina gave manning hell and we kinda gave them mild hell. Teams we played keep losing (then the 2010 arguement will come back, eash schedule.), philly had the one good game against washington and then everything went downhill. The offense needs to score more

No doubt about that!

doobs_05
09-30-2013, 01:40 PM
And i should add earlier before some says " they scored 31 yesterday"

ctchiefsfan
09-30-2013, 01:58 PM
Yup! The offense needs to score more....but if we go 16-0 I won't care if we never score another point on offense. It's all about the wins!

texaschief
09-30-2013, 02:34 PM
The offense only needs to score 11 pts per game if the defense keeps playing at this level.

ctchiefsfan
09-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Maybe so, but these heart attack games are killing me!

TopekaRoy
09-30-2013, 04:53 PM
The offense only needs to score 11 pts per game if the defense keeps playing at this level.

Not even that many. LOL. The defense can probably give us 7-10 pts per game on turnovers!

But yeah, 17-21 ppg from the offense would put us in a very good position to win every week.

kcvet
09-30-2013, 05:38 PM
we'll take em

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/547838_10151872880234089_217180920_n.jpg

ctchiefsfan
09-30-2013, 05:43 PM
OH! OH!! OH!!!! I like that pic!

jason1981
09-30-2013, 06:28 PM
Awesome pic

kcvet
09-30-2013, 06:39 PM
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/302569_10150390486639089_1505646670_n.jpg

nice to have friends

kcvet
09-30-2013, 06:42 PM
https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1237826_10151843958244089_78547335_n.jpg

ctchiefsfan
09-30-2013, 07:08 PM
This is FUN!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up guys!!!!!!!!

kcvet
09-30-2013, 07:14 PM
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1235068_10151858865374089_780183476_n.jpg

kcvet
09-30-2013, 07:17 PM
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/66447_10151315596954089_741779528_n.jpg

ctchiefsfan
09-30-2013, 07:29 PM
Getting better and better!!!!! It's good to see being a Chiefs fan be fun again!!!!

tornadospotter
09-30-2013, 08:26 PM
Getting better and better!!!!! It's good to see being a Chiefs fan be fun again!!!!

I agree!!!
We all know in the NFL, in every game one will lose. While I will always expect to win, I realize we may very well not. But expect to lose, never will I. It is fun to be winning! 4-0 the Chiefs are!

brdempsey69
09-30-2013, 08:40 PM
^^"Hey Pioli....., look right here.... Bye"

When Reid was hired, that is exactly what I was thinking. No way was Andy going to put up with a politician like Pioli. A real GM was going to be needed & when I heard it was going to be Dorsey coming from the Packers, I was ecstatic.

Eydugstr
09-30-2013, 09:22 PM
The Titans do have me concerned with Fitzpatrick, he shredded us two years in a row when he was with Buffalo (40+ points both games). I think they are beatable, but I'm worried that everyone is focusing on more popular clubs and looking past teams like the Titans.

If our recievers do a better job of helping out Alex Smith when the play breaks down, and if our O-line improves (and overall, despite Fisher being out I do believe the O-line is slowly improving) I think we'll be very competetive, and a big difference maker could be Sutton's aggressive defense playcalling. But I do not want to overlook the Titans.

jason1981
09-30-2013, 11:22 PM
As long as our def keeps playing thos way amd our offense gets better each week and the line starts gelling then we will be a force against any team. Thats all I want is to see improvement wether we win or lose.

jason1981
09-30-2013, 11:25 PM
Also I think alex finally got comfortable with our wr to throw deep.

ctchiefsfan
09-30-2013, 11:43 PM
Also I think alex finally got comfortable with our wr to throw deep.

Exactly!!!! Alex Smith is growing into the offensive scheme. I suspect that despite a few setbacks here and there during the season he will get better with every game all year.

Justin5772002
09-30-2013, 11:45 PM
Exactly!!!! Alex Smith is growing into the offensive scheme. I suspect that despite a few setbacks he will get better with every game all year.

If he does we have a shot at denver

ctchiefsfan
09-30-2013, 11:59 PM
If he does we have a shot at denver

Agreed completely. The 2 regular season games against the donks will be tough, but I think we have a real chance of splitting them. Even if they sweep us in the regular season I can't see them winning if we face them a third time this season. We are getting better every week. Reid says we have "a long way to go". If we keep improving I think we have a legitimate chance of winning a playoff game this year.

brdempsey69
10-01-2013, 12:09 AM
Agreed completely. The 2 regular season games against the donks will be tough, but I think we have a real chance of splitting them. Even if they sweep us in the regular season I can't see them winning if we face them a third time this season. We are getting better every week. Reid says we have "a long way to go". If we keep improving I think we have a legitimate chance of winning a playoff game this year.

Neither can I. Add to that, the Chiefs have owned the Donks in Denver in January.

I had said before that I could see a possible scenario of the Donks winning both games against the Chiefs in the regular season, but the Chiefs getting in as a wildcard & getting a 3rd crack at the Donkeys and beating them when it really counts. The Chiefs have a HC and QB that have playoff experience.

ctchiefsfan
10-01-2013, 12:26 AM
Neither can I. Add to that, the Chiefs have owned the Donks in Denver in January.

I had said before that I could see a possible scenario of the Donks winning both games against the Chiefs in the regular season, but the Chiefs getting in as a wildcard & getting a 3rd crack at the Donkeys and beating them when it really counts. The Chiefs have a HC and QB that have playoff experience.

YUP! You are the first person that brought up the idea that we might face the donks 3 times this year and I am really warming up to the idea. I've mentioned it several times on a firearms forum I frequent. A 9ers fan there told me at the end of last season that we needed to grab Alex Smith. I think winning the AFC West this year will be a real tough deal, but if we keep improving I can easily see a Wildcard berth. And if we were to face the donks a 3rd time I like our chances.

Of course, I don't need to point out that the Giants won the Superbowl as a Wildcard 2 years ago. Once the playoffs start, the regular season is forgotten and it becomes "Win or go home". The way these Chiefs are playing I'd feel real good about "Win or go home".

Justin5772002
10-01-2013, 01:30 AM
YUP! You are the first person that brought up the idea that we might face the donks 3 times this year and I am really warming up to the idea. I've mentioned it several times on a firearms forum I frequent. A 9ers fan there told me at the end of last season that we needed to grab Alex Smith. I think winning the AFC West this year will be a real tough deal, but if we keep improving I can easily see a Wildcard berth. And if we were to face the donks a 3rd time I like our chances.

Of course, I don't need to point out that the Giants won the Superbowl as a Wildcard 2 years ago. Once the playoffs start, the regular season is forgotten and it becomes "Win or go home". The way these Chiefs are playing I'd feel real good about "Win or go home".

Didnt the ravens get in on a wildcard last season? And remember we were the eagles home opener..

TopekaRoy
10-01-2013, 01:55 AM
The Titans do have me concerned with Fitzpatrick, he shredded us two years in a row when he was with Buffalo (40+ points both games).

Partly true. In 2010 they beat us 41-7 and Ryan was 17-25 for 208 yds and 4 TD passes, but they also ran the ball for 163 yds. The 2011 game was a bit closer, 35-17. But it wasn't Ryan that shredded us, it was their running game. He was only 10-19 for 178 yds (2 tds), but the Bills ran the ball 36 times for 201 yds. We couldn't stop CJ Spiller.

Our defense is much better this year and our offense is able to eat clock and give them rest. Fitzpatrick won't have the same offense around him as he did the last two years. Tennesee's best RB is Chris Johnson who is averaging 69 ypg and 3.3 ypc. I also don't think Ryan is as good as he was or he would have beaten out Jake Locker for the starting job and the Bills wouldn't have let him go. I'm sure he will be a little rusty with this being his first start this season. Their receivers will need time to adjust to a new QB as well.

I'm not saying that Ryan isn't dangerous and should be taken lightly, but what he did to us with the Bills has little bearing on how he will play with the Titans. The big factor will be can our offense move the ball consistently against their defense. If we can do that we should be ok.

ctchiefsfan
10-01-2013, 08:09 AM
Didnt the ravens get in on a wildcard last season? And remember we were the eagles home opener..

Nope. They went 10-6 last year and won the AFC North.

Eydugstr
10-01-2013, 08:19 AM
Partly true. In 2010 they beat us 41-7 and Ryan was 17-25 for 208 yds and 4 TD passes, but they also ran the ball for 163 yds. The 2011 game was a bit closer, 35-17. But it wasn't Ryan that shredded us, it was their running game. He was only 10-19 for 178 yds (2 tds), but the Bills ran the ball 36 times for 201 yds. We couldn't stop CJ Spiller.

Our defense is much better this year and our offense is able to eat clock and give them rest. Fitzpatrick won't have the same offense around him as he did the last two years. Tennesee's best RB is Chris Johnson who is averaging 69 ypg and 3.3 ypc. I also don't think Ryan is as good as he was or he would have beaten out Jake Locker for the starting job and the Bills wouldn't have let him go. I'm sure he will be a little rusty with this being his first start this season. Their receivers will need time to adjust to a new QB as well.

I'm not saying that Ryan isn't dangerous and should be taken lightly, but what he did to us with the Bills has little bearing on how he will play with the Titans. The big factor will be can our offense move the ball consistently against their defense. If we can do that we should be ok.

You're right...I'd forgotten about CJ Spiller in that second game. With any luck whatever anti-Chiefs super powers Fitzpatrick had hopefully got lost in the airport somewhere between Tennessee and Buffalo. Hopefully it won't turn into a situation where a qb with some experience steps in and all of a sudden the offense "clicks". Just don't want these guys overlooked.

brdempsey69
10-01-2013, 12:53 PM

Actually, San Diego got to play the Eagles in their home opener in Philly this year. Ravens won their division last year.

Justin5772002
10-02-2013, 05:52 AM
Actually, San Diego got to play the Eagles in their home opener in Philly this year. Ravens won their division last year.
Damn, my bad guess I should do some research before I post. Wrong on all accounts, sorry guys definately won't be the last time so I apologize in advanced

ctchiefsfan
10-02-2013, 08:48 AM
Happens to everybody. Especially as you grow older and the memory becomes a little bit less like the steel jaw trap it used to be.

kcvet
10-02-2013, 02:14 PM
http://oi43.tinypic.com/34837z9.jpg

kcvet
10-02-2013, 02:16 PM
http://oi40.tinypic.com/vf8rrs.jpg

kcvet
10-02-2013, 02:17 PM
http://oi43.tinypic.com/2j68co8.jpg

ctchiefsfan
10-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Had to steal that third one!

kcvet
10-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Had to steal that third one!

she's company property

Chief-SinceDay1
10-02-2013, 07:52 PM
I don't find a single thing impressive about Tennessee. On their forum their fans talk em up like there some powerhouse LOL. They say we haven't played anybody but yet they beat the 0-4 Steelers (Who Cassel beat.), Chargers and geno and the Jets, We played Manning, Vick, Romo and won, Locker or Fitzpatrick doesn't scare me at all. Their fans are delusional as hell

Eydugstr
10-02-2013, 08:14 PM
They're 3-1. Granted the chips are stacked against them, but don't want this team overlooked. They will not be pushovers.

brdempsey69
10-02-2013, 08:37 PM
They're 3-1. Granted the chips are stacked against them, but don't want this team overlooked. They will not be pushovers.

You got that right. The Titans are much improved this year -- especially the interior of their O-Line -- and are pretty solid all the way around and one can't forget the success Fitzpatrick has had in the past against the Chiefs and I really believe that this Titans team is better than any of those Buffalo teams that he played with.

ctchiefsfan
10-02-2013, 08:58 PM
she's company property

She's on Facebook and shotgunworld.com now!!!

texaschief
10-03-2013, 03:12 AM
The Titans live off turnovers and the Chiefs don't commit any. The Titans don't have the offense our last 3 opponents had. I don't see this being a cake-walk, but I also don't see it being as good of a game as I had thought before the season began. Before the season started, I actually had Tennessee winning this game. Mostly because I only saw the Chiefs losing 1 of their first 4 and didn't think there was any way they should've won 4 of their first 5 games based on the last few seasons alone.

Eydugstr
10-03-2013, 08:34 AM
The Titans live off turnovers and the Chiefs don't commit any. The Titans don't have the offense our last 3 opponents had. I don't see this being a cake-walk, but I also don't see it being as good of a game as I had thought before the season began. Before the season started, I actually had Tennessee winning this game. Mostly because I only saw the Chiefs losing 1 of their first 4 and didn't think there was any way they should've won 4 of their first 5 games based on the last few seasons alone.

I picked them to win this game as well (Home field advantage for them, plus too many unknowns with coaching & players at the time). I REALLY hope I'm wrong because I'd love to see the Chiefs go 5-0 and then kick Chokeland to the curb.

ctchiefsfan
10-03-2013, 08:39 AM
I picked them to win this game as well (Home field advantage for them, plus too many unknowns with coaching & players at the time). I REALLY hope I'm wrong because I'd love to see the Chiefs go 5-0 and then kick Chokeland to the curb.

This is truly a BIG game! It's pretty much a given that we will beat the Faders at home, especially with us trying to take back the title of loudest sports stadium in the world that weekend, so all that stands between us and 6-0 is the Titans.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!

Seek
10-03-2013, 10:42 AM
At this point, the Chiefs have set a bar. Every game now is a big game. The Chiefs will basically have to go 6 and 6 the rest of the way to make the play offs. I believe the Raiders will be two of those 6. Hopefully the home game against the Chargers will be another. I won't count the away game in San Diego but we could steal one there. Currently I can't say the Chiefs beat the Donkies at home or away. We need to gel a little more and the Donkies need to come down from their current level of play for me to have those types of optomistic expectations.

So we need to win three more games between the Titans, Browns, Redskins, Bills, Colts and Texans. I believe the Redskins are a win, based on their current performances, leaving two more wins against what currently appear to be playoff contenders.

brdempsey69
10-03-2013, 01:11 PM
Personally, I'm disappointed about what happened to Jake Locker and that he's not going to play in this game, as he was off to a pretty fair start & he's more mobile than Fitzpatrick. Not selling Fitzpatrick short, but if the Chiefs do win, then quite naturally we are going to hear things about the Titans not being at full strength -- which is true because without Locker, they aren't at full strength.

Given what happened to Jake Locker, the Chiefs better be looking to keeping Alex Smith upright as their #1 priority.

texaschief
10-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Personally, I'm disappointed about what happened to Jake Locker and that he's not going to play in this game, as he was off to a pretty fair start & he's more mobile than Fitzpatrick. Not selling Fitzpatrick short, but if the Chiefs do win, then quite naturally we are going to hear things about the Titans not being at full strength -- which is true because without Locker, they aren't at full strength.

This is the NFL, not college. All that matters in the pro's is the W. It doesn't matter HOW you win. I'm glad we're playing their backup QB. I'd do it all season long if we could.

Given what happened to Jake Locker, the Chiefs better be looking to keeping Alex Smith upright as their #1 priority.

I don't understand this last sentence. Why would this week be any more important than any other week? It wasn't the Tennessee defense that hurt Jake Locker.

ctchiefsfan
10-03-2013, 01:59 PM
At this point, the Chiefs have set a bar. Every game now is a big game. The Chiefs will basically have to go 6 and 6 the rest of the way to make the play offs. I believe the Raiders will be two of those 6. Hopefully the home game against the Chargers will be another. I won't count the away game in San Diego but we could steal one there. Currently I can't say the Chiefs beat the Donkies at home or away. We need to gel a little more and the Donkies need to come down from their current level of play for me to have those types of optomistic expectations.

So we need to win three more games between the Titans, Browns, Redskins, Bills, Colts and Texans. I believe the Redskins are a win, based on their current performances, leaving two more wins against what currently appear to be playoff contenders.

Yup. We are currently in 1st place in the Wildcard hunt with a 1 game lead over every other team that is in the running for a Wildcard. 10-6 should get us in the playoffs.

The "doubters" will say we have only beaten bad teams as no team we have beaten is currently better than 2-2. So we still need to prove we can beat winning teams. The Titans will be our first test in that regard. The teams we play the rest of this year currently have a combined record of 27-21. Remove Denver from that mix and 10 of our remaining 12 games are against teams with a combined record of 19-21. 6 of our remaining 12 games are against teams that have given up more points than they have scored...those teams are Raiders (2 games), Houston (1 game), Cleveland (1 game), Buffalo (1 game) and Washington (1 game). The teams we have played so far are a combined 3-13. So it looks as if the toughest part of our schedule is ahead of us.

Trying to look at it objectively, I see the game against the Titans as by far our toughest game so far this year. If we can put together a win against them on their home turf then the road to at least a Wildcard slot is wide open and we win at least 10 games this year....probably 11. If we lose to the Titans then I see only 4 more SURE wins [Raiders x 2; San Diego (1) and Washington(1)] with a remaining 8 where we'd have at least a fighting chance.

Ultimately I think it comes down to how good our defense really is once we start playing the better teams we have ahead. We currently have the 2cond best point differential in the AFC at + 61 and the third best point differential. We have allowed only 10.25 points per game and have scored 25.5 points per game. 25 points will win us most of our remaining games if our defense continues to play the way it has.

All in all, I am worried sick about the Titans. I think this game is going to tell us a great deal about how good our 4-0 Chiefs really are.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!! Beat the Titans!!!!!!!!!!

brdempsey69
10-03-2013, 02:50 PM
This is the NFL, not college. All that matters in the pro's is the W. It doesn't matter HOW you win. I'm glad we're playing their backup QB. I'd do it all season long if we could.

I'm going to put this to you bluntly -- this perspective is being nothing but a gutless pu$$y -- cut and dried. And it doesn't matter what level of competition, whether it's college or NFL or Pop Warner. And right along the same line as having your team win because of a botched call by the officials that went against the other team & then acting like your team won outright when they didn't ( like I've seen so many times from Bronco fans ).

I do not want Peyton Manning KO'd just so the Chiefs have a better chance of beating the Donkey's. I want Manning on the field so the Chiefs have the chance of meeting the challenge head-on & getting a true measuring stick of where the Chiefs really stand -- same as they would if Locker were on the field this coming Sunday.

I don't understand this last sentence. Why would this week be any more important than any other week? It wasn't the Tennessee defense that hurt Jake Locker.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying we do not want to lose Alex Smith for any extended period of time, because it's going to hurt their chances of winning on Sundays. Common sense ought to have told you that.

ctchiefsfan
10-03-2013, 03:45 PM
I'm going to put this to you bluntly -- this perspective is being nothing but a gutless pu$$y -- cut and dried. And it doesn't matter what level of competition, whether it's college or NFL or Pop Warner. And right along the same line as having your team win because of a botched call by the officials that went against the other team & then acting like your team won outright when they didn't ( like I've seen so many times from Bronco fans ).

I agree with you in principle....I think we would all prefer that every win came against a team that was at 100% and in which there were no meaningful penalties called. That said, injuries and penalties are part of the game. So are big momentum-changing plays. A big part of a coach and GM's job is having the depth the be able to overcome injuries and be able to overcome those big momentum-changing plays. Cruz' touchdown less than a minute after we scored our first touchdown could have been a momentum-changing play. That fluke interception where the ball bounced off several players and the Giants wound up with the interception could have been a killer for us. They weren't. The Chiefs just kept doing their jobs and won the game despite adversity. They didn't shake the confidence of our offense or defense one bit. And it didn't give the Giants a big boost. That's Andy Reid. He has built a team that can overcome those confidence busting plays. And Reid and Dorsey seem to have put together enough depth that we have been able to overcome some important injuries and keep on winning.

Injuries, bad calls and momentum-changing plays are all part of football in the NFL. How a team handles those things is one of the things that separates good teams from "parity" teams. One of the things that is going to make our Chiefs a real force in the NFL again (maybe not this year but real soon) is that we have a better GM and a better Coach than most teams. They are building a team that can overcome injuries, overcome bad calls and overcome those often heart-breaking big plays by the other team.

So yeah....I'd rather beat every team when it was at 100% and there were no killer penalties by either side, but in the end a win is a win and if we win when our opponent has injuries or killer penalties or we make a heart-breaking big play then the truth is we have a BETTER TEAM......because our GM and Coach did a better job of preparing our team to overcome adversity.

Overcoming adversity is one of the things that separates the men from the boys in the NFL.

I do not want Peyton Manning KO'd just so the Chiefs have a better chance of beating the Donkey's. I want Manning on the field so the Chiefs have the chance of meeting the challenge head-on & getting a true measuring stick of where the Chiefs really stand -- same as they would if Locker were on the field this coming Sunday.

I understand, but remember this....Injuries are part of the game...and potentially more so when a team picks up an older QB with a long history of injuries. If Peyton Manning goes down and we beat them as a result, it doesn't make us any less a good team. It simply means that Denver took a risk in an effort to "Win Now" and that it blew up in their faces. In short, it will mean they gambled and lost. Just like going to Las Vegas. Reid and Dorsey are not trying to build a team based on gamblers odds. Reid and Dorsey are not trying to build a team that gets lucky in Vegas. They are trying to build a team where the odds are stacked in their favor.

I'm saying we do not want to lose Alex Smith for any extended period of time, because it's going to hurt their chances of winning on Sundays.

Naturally. We certainly don't want to lose Alex Smith right now. But in my opinion Dorsey and Reid have been working on the "after Alex Smith" time since about 60 seconds after they completed the trade for him. And as you have said many times, they may have pulled off the miracle of getting our QOTF as an Undrafted Free Agent. If that turns out to be true, then getting Alex Smith for 2 second round picks will go down in history as one of the best moves ever made in the NFL.

So no....I don't care if we are playing the Titans with their backup QB. It's THEIR job to overcome that. It's our job to beat the hell out of them no matter who they put on the field. Because injuries are part of the NFL. We are gonna win or we are gonna lose and beating their backup QB will not make 5-0 even one tiny bit less sweet.

brdempsey69
10-03-2013, 04:04 PM
ctchiefsfan,

I understand injuries occur, but you do NOT go wishing them upon your opponent just because it gives your team a better chance to win. There is an old saying -- "what comes around, goes around". Chiefs fans didn't think it was too funny when Jamaal Charles got KO'd two seasons ago.

Seek
10-03-2013, 04:33 PM
ctchiefsfan,

I understand injuries occur, but you do NOT go wishing them upon your opponent just because it gives your team a better chance to win. There is an old saying -- "what comes around, goes around". Chiefs fans didn't think it was too funny when Jamaal Charles got KO'd two seasons ago.

I don't see anyone in the TN media saying that they are up a creek because Locker got hurt. Fact many of think there will be no drop off. Again, the Titans are winning just like the Chiefs. Good defense and taking what they can on offense and win the field position battles.

Should the Cheifs win, and people discredit the win because we didn't get their starter. They aren't sounding wounded right now.

ctchiefsfan
10-03-2013, 04:50 PM
ctchiefsfan,

Certainly not. And I wasn't suggesting that we should hope for a Manning injury.....though truth be told, when we are playing them I may scream for somebody to "BREAK HIS DAMNED NECK".

ctchiefsfan
10-03-2013, 04:54 PM
I don't see anyone in the TN media saying that they are up a creek because Locker got hurt. Fact many of think there will be no drop off. Again, the Titans are winning just like the Chiefs. Good defense and taking what they can on offense and win the field position battles.

Should the Cheifs win, and people discredit the win because we didn't get their starter. They aren't sounding wounded right now.

Personally, I'd almost prefer to be facing Locker. We have virtually no film of his replacement in this Titans offense and I seem to remember "Tebow Time" in Denver and Orton beating Green Bay. Far too often a new QB gives opposing defenses a very hard time.

IMO this game will be our most important test this year.

brdempsey69
10-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Certainly not. And I wasn't suggesting that we should hope for a Manning injury.....though truth be told, when we are playing them I may scream for somebody to "BREAK HIS DAMNED NECK".

Personally, I will be yelling for them to sack him or pick his passes off, but not maim him.

There is a dropoff. Locker is the superior talent over Fitzpatrick. They may not be saying the Titans are up a creek, but that doesn't mean they aren't apprehensive about Lockers absence in the coming weeks. I know that their HC Mike Munchak is.

ctchiefsfan
10-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Personally, I will be yelling for them to sack him or pick his passes off, but not maim him.

I must confess....I get a little carried away sometimes. HAHAHAHA.

Eydugstr
10-03-2013, 09:26 PM

Exactly. Tennessee has a history of being one of those teams that keeps plugging away no matter what happens around them.

Seek
10-04-2013, 10:45 AM

There is a dropoff. Locker is the superior talent over Fitzpatrick. They may not be saying the Titans are up a creek, but that doesn't mean they aren't apprehensive about Lockers absence in the coming weeks. I know that their HC Mike Munchak is.

Well, being a person who plays at a Minor league level in an individual sport. I have almost been completely embarrased more times than once for under estimating a player because I was clearly the favorite and took it easy.

The biggest drop of is how Fitzpatrick handles pressure. He dosen't handle it very well but many believe that was also tied to the offense the Bills ran allowing the Receiver to free style more instead of running a structured offense like the Titans do. Many think that Fitzpatrick may perform better in the Titans system than in Buffalo.

Please don't take him lightly. All he needs to do is manage the game and not turn the ball over. Again the Titans are a lot like the Chiefs. Do the small things right and let the other team make the mistakes.

brdempsey69
10-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Well, being a person who plays at a Minor league level in an individual sport. I have almost been completely embarrased more times than once for under estimating a player because I was clearly the favorite and took it easy.

The biggest drop of is how Fitzpatrick handles pressure. He dosen't handle it very well but many believe that was also tied to the offense the Bills ran allowing the Receiver to free style more instead of running a structured offense like the Titans do. Many think that Fitzpatrick may perform better in the Titans system than in Buffalo.

Please don't take him lightly. All he needs to do is manage the game and not turn the ball over. Again the Titans are a lot like the Chiefs. Do the small things right and let the other team make the mistakes.

Nobody is taking Fitzpatrick lightly, as I've said before, he's beaten the Chiefs multiple times. What I'm saying is that Locker is the better player.

Seek
10-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Nobody is taking Fitzpatrick lightly, as I've said before, he's beaten the Chiefs multiple times. What I'm saying is that Locker is the better player.

Obviously that is why he was the stareter. I think the argument in return is that he may not be head over heals a huge difference maker but rather part of a system.

ctchiefsfan
10-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Part of the problem is that we don't have film of Fitzpatrick playing in the Titans offense. So does our offense study film of Locker or do they study film of Fitzpatrick in the Bills offense? We'll probably study film of Locker. One thing is certain though, it's is going to be difficult for our defense to be as well prepared as they have the past few weeks. I firmly believe we are a better team than the Titans, but I am very worried about this game.

MyManHali
10-04-2013, 07:24 PM
I have the ticket. I usually record the game of the Chiefs' next week's opponent. This week's game was obviously the Titans/Jets game. I couldn't wait to watch this game tonight (for obvious reasons).

Let me start off by saying that I acknowledge that I was wrong about Geno Smith. Geno is not a younger version of Alex Smith as I had argued earlier this spring based off career numbers... Geno is much worse than that. The Titans do NOT have much of a pass rush but Geno just could not make any good decisions and their O-line made the Titans look MUCH better than they actually are. 4 turnovers (almost 4 more) and sacked 5x (one sack SHOULD'VE been a safety after retreating 15 yards and another was turned into a strip 6). Again, the Titans are NOT a good pass rushing team.

No, Geno is not a younger version of Alex... he's some kind of hybrid of Vince Young, Matt Cassel, and Mark Sanchez. Geno finished the day with a 7.8 QBR and owns a 65 QBR (before today) on the season. The only 2 QBs worse than him this year no longer have a job (Freeman/Weeden). He holds the 2nd worst comp % (before today), wedged right between Freeman and Weeden. BUT his yards per attempt rank 9th in the league at 7.85 which, I guess means he's better than Tom Brady who sits worst in the league at 5.5... well, never mind because he also leads the league in INTs (8)... and that's also not including multiple fumbles.

It really is too bad that Tim Tebow isn't still around... at least Geno would have some competetion for worst player in the league.

"... and that's all I have to say about that" - Forrest Gump

Now, about the Titans. There is NOTHING about the Tennessee Titans that strikes fear in their opponent's heart. Locker wasn't all that great to begin with, but now they've lost their starting QB. Shut down Chris Johnson and force Ryan Fitzpatrick to beat you. The Titans, much like the Chiefs have feasted on their turnover ratio. They have yet to turn the ball over this season. Pretty impressive 4 games in. Stats aren't updated yet, but I think the Chiefs are sitting at +10 in TO dif. while the Titans are at +9. They've beaten 0-4 Pittsburgh (-11), lost in overtime to Houston (-4), Beat SD (-3), and beat the Jets (-10). The Chiefs have beaten Jax (-4), Dallas (+3), Philly (-2), and NYG (-9). Both teams are practically winning the same way.

However, there are a few differences to these two teams. Tennessee has the 29th ranked offense that will have to square off against a Chiefs defense that is a top 5 unit that is only giving up 10pts/gm and leading the league in sacks... and they'll have to do it with their backup QB.

That's not to say the Titans' defense is horrible. But it's not like they were playing elite offenses like those in the NFC East, either. Todd Haley in Pittsburgh... we know exactly what kind of offense THAT is (28th in yards, 30th in pts). They lost to the only "good" offense they played (Houston 10th yards/16th pts). San Diego is mid pack and NYJ is bottom 3rd. Counter that with Chiefs opponents like Philly who is 2nd in yards and 5th in points or Dallas who is top 10 in both categories as well, and you see a Chiefs defense that has been tested. The Giants are bottom quarter and the Jags are dead last, so take that as you will.

The Chiefs offense is right at league average after the Giants game. They're not going to blow out the the Titan's defense. You can expect a similar performance to what we saw against Dallas. The key to this game is going to be turnovers. I know that's a pretty big key to every game, but for the Chiefs and Titans, it's even more important because that is how both teams have been winning. Can the Titans' offense with back QB Fitzpatrick score enough on a top ranked Chiefs defense if the Chiefs aren't turning the ball over? We've seen the Chiefs score against a good Dallas defense a couple times. The Giants don't have a horrible defensive unit either. The Jets have a really good defense but Geno Smith kept putting them in bad situations and made the game look much worse than it actually was for the Jets defense. Reminded me a lot of what we saw from the Chiefs last season. QB just couldn't stop turning the ball over and just killed the defense. Houston has a great defense as well and the Titans took them to overtime. The Titans have the 29th ranked offense, but they can move and score when they get an opportunity. A big question for them is who's going to be their QB?

Next Sunday, you're going to see a league average Chiefs offense against a top 10 Tennessee defense. You're also going to see a league bottom third Tennessee offense with a new QB against a top 3 Chiefs defense. Again, nothing on that Titans team strikes fear in your heart. Stop Chris Johnson on offense and know where the best safety in the league is on their defense and you can pretty much dictate what you want to do. Going into next Sunday, I EXPECT the Chiefs to win. I was more worried about the last 3 games than I am about the Titans. I don't see Alex Smith and this offense giving the Titans turnovers to prey on. But I also don't see the Titans giving the Chiefs any gifts either. So when you match up offenses v. defenses, I think the Chiefs have a very large advantage.

Take a look at that schedule, Chiefs fans. Things don't get any easier the rest of the season. Oakland is playing well, Houston is always good. Cleveland is suddenly worth noticing. Playing in Buffalo always sucks for the Chiefs. Then Denver, SD, Denver isn't something to look forward to. As good as things may look right now, don't expect the Chiefs to just roll through their schedule and not have any issues. The offense is looking better each week and if the defense can stay healthy, things could get very exciting, but the Chiefs play good teams the rest of the season. Make no mistake.

So let me get this straight:

Geno Smith isn't as good as Alex Smith in his rookie year who threw for 1 td and 11 int, 2-6 in games that he played in and in 3 of his 7 starts he didn't even throw for 100 yards.

Geno has looked good in 2 games, and he has looked bad in 2 games. And like it or not, still looks like a better product than our number 1 pick who has been absolutely DESTROYED this year.

Geno>Fisher

brdempsey69
10-04-2013, 07:31 PM

Geno Smith isn't as good as Alex Smith in his rookie year who threw for 1 td and 11 int, 2-6 in games that he played in and in 3 of his 7 starts he didn't even throw for 100 yards.

Geno has looked good in 2 games, and he has looked bad in 2 games. And like it or not, still looks like a better product than our number 1 pick who has been absolutely DESTROYED this year.

Geno>Fisher

That's pure absolute BS. Fisher has had some struggles, but he has not been getting destroyed. That's pure fantasy on your part.

Fisher>Geno buttfumble 2.0

And comparing Alex Smith's rookie season with Geno buttfumble 2.0's is ludicrous & doesn't mean squat. Niners ar that time were a FAR worse team than the Jets are now.

matthewschiefs
10-04-2013, 08:47 PM

Geno>Fisher

Say what you will but Fisher was still the better pick for this pick

Geno Smith has been a turnover machine 11 turnovers in 4 games 8 picks 3 lost fumbles.That wouldn't have done us any good at all. We had that last year Geno might turn out to be better then FIsher who has not been as bad as you make it sound. Fisher might turn out better then Geno still way to early to tell But Geno was not the right pick for this team that's just fact.

Alex Smith also turned the ball over as a rookie but we know he learned to take care of the ball. We don't know If Geno will

MyManHali
10-04-2013, 09:00 PM
That's pure absolute BS. Fisher has had some struggles, but he has not been getting destroyed. That's pure fantasy on your part.

Fisher>Geno buttfumble 2.0

And comparing Alex Smith's rookie season with Geno buttfumble 2.0's is ludicrous & doesn't mean squat. Niners ar that time were a FAR worse team than the Jets are now.

DESTROYED:

Week 1... https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/11/first-rounders-in-focus-week-1/

Week 2.... https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/08/20/first-rounders-in-focus-preseason-wk-2/

Week 3....https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/25/first-rounders-in-focus-week-3/

And I can guarantee you his 4th game is even worse.

matthewschiefs
10-04-2013, 09:04 PM
DESTROYED:

Week 1... https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/11/first-rounders-in-focus-week-1/

Week 2.... https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/08/20/first-rounders-in-focus-preseason-wk-2/

Week 3....https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/25/first-rounders-in-focus-week-3/

And I can guarantee you his 4th game is even worse.

And this is sooooooooooo much better http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/191p30nhtj9dkgif/original.gif

There both ROOKIES of course there going to struggle Fisher is not only a rookie he is adjusting to a slight change in position from lT to RT

MyManHali
10-04-2013, 09:06 PM
And this is sooooooooooo much better http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/191p30nhtj9dkgif/original.gif

There both ROOKIES of course there going to struggle Fisher is not only a rookie he is adjusting to a slight change in position from lT to RT

But the thing is Fisher has not had one good game this year. NOT ONE!

matthewschiefs
10-04-2013, 09:13 PM

And Geno hasn't gone one game without turning the ball over NOT ONE

You bash one for playing like a rookie and praise the other there BOTH rookies TONS of rookies struggle in there first year

MyManHali
10-04-2013, 09:21 PM
And Geno hasn't gone one game without turning the ball over NOT ONE

You bash one for playing like a rookie and praise the other there BOTH rookies TONS of rookies struggle in there first year

But he's had at the very least 2 solid games. Fisher has played poorly in every game this season, he's even out with another "injury" this weekend.

brdempsey69
10-04-2013, 09:23 PM

Incorrect. Fisher was having a good game against the Giants prior to leaving the field and had a good game against the Jags. There were struggles in the 1st half of the Philly game followed by a good 2nd half. Dallas game wasn't a bad game by any means either.

Fisher is never going to have a good game in your eyes because he wasn't YOUR choice to be the #1 pick.

So, if the Chiefs had drafted Geno, they'd have a struggling rookie QB. Big Deal.

They instead traded for Alex Smith giving them a seasoned quality QB, drafted a O-Lineman with huge upside, and landed their QBOTF when he went undrafted. That's a LOT better. <<<--- You seem to have trouble figuring that out & now you know.

But he's had at the very least 2 solid games. Fisher has played poorly in every game this season, he's even out with another "injury" this weekend.

Total BS. Geno had 1 solid game against Buffalo & that's it. Fisher did not play poorly against the Giants or Jags. Fisher had a bad 1st half against Philly, followed by a good 2nd half. There were some struggles in the Dallas game, but I could not rate his overall performance as poor.

matthewschiefs
10-04-2013, 09:25 PM

Against crappy teams

You threw out Alex Smith's debut when he took this team right down the field and scored a TD in his only drive because it was against the Saints now you want to Praise a guy for doing something against worse defense? Double standard much?

MyManHali
10-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Against crappy teams

You threw out Alex Smith's debut when he took this team right down the field and scored a TD in his only drive because it was against the Saints now you want to Praise a guy for doing something against worse defense? Double standard much?

No because he is a rookie. If Geno Smith was a 5 year veteran doing that it would be a problem.

Matt I want the new Xbox for the voice commands it delivers, I dont even care about the games. I'm just curious, is your store doing pre orders or is it first come first serve?

Eydugstr
10-04-2013, 09:35 PM

Geno>Fisher

Yeah, you got it straight. Right now Alex Smith is 4-0 with the KC Chiefs, has thrown only two interceptions, runs multiple formations with ease, and his yardage totals have gone up with each game. He's also connecting better with his recievers which tells me it won't be long before he starts taking more shots downfield.

Geno looks exactly like what he is. A rookie QB that got drafted by an NFL team whose coaching staff has a history of not developing QB's. Near as I can tell Rex Ryan has been a career killer for QB's. Don't take my word for it either, look what happened to Mark Sanchez. They probably would've been better off this season had they signed a veteran qb (for ex. Fitzpatrick) but they didn't. They also had a shot to draft a QB (Nassib) that was familiar with an opponents (The Bills) new coach, but didn't. Instead they went with the flashiest QB this (sucky) qb draft class had to offer, your man Geno.

Geno could be all you say he is, but until he gets a coaching staff around him that can develop his strengths, or build an O-line that cares, get ready for more Geno follies show highlights.

matthewschiefs
10-04-2013, 09:42 PM
No because he is a rookie. If Geno Smith was a 5 year veteran doing that it would be a problem.

Matt I want the new Xbox for the voice commands it delivers, I dont even care about the games. I'm just curious, is your store doing pre orders or is it first come first serve?

Strange you hold Fisher to a 5 year vereran standard even though he's a rookie I know I know qb has a bigger learning curve but Tackles also have one and Fisher is changing postitions Geno didn't Why jump on one rookie while letting the other be a rookie?

And LOL we're a VERY SMALL TOWN store. We are in a town of about 5,000 people though we do enough business to stay in business we're not gamestop we have a notebook of some regulars to preorder some reservers that's about all we can do. And we won't even get any in until a few weeks after launch day. Microsoft won't sell directly to us so we have to go through 3rd party folks and they have us very low on there list of priorities

MyManHali
10-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Strange you hold Fisher to a 5 year vereran standard even though he's a rookie I know I know qb has a bigger learning curve but Tackles also have one and Fisher is changing postitions Geno didn't Why jump on one rookie while letting the other be a rookie?

And LOL we're a VERY SMALL TOWN store. We are in a town of about 5,000 people though we do enough business to stay in business we're not gamestop we have a notebook of some regulars to preorder some reservers that's about all we can do. And we won't even get any in until a few weeks after launch day. Microsoft won't sell directly to us so we have to go through 3rd party folks and they have us very low on there list of priorities

Fisher has shown absolutely no promise. He hasn't had one good game. If Geno Smith sucked in all four games this year I would agree that he shouldn't even be out there.

Hmmm. Perhaps if you do have some we can work out a deal. I will even admit that Alex Smith is the greatest quarterback of all time.

matthewschiefs
10-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Fisher has shown absolutely no promise. He hasn't had one good game. If Geno Smith sucked in all four games this year I would agree that he shouldn't even be out there.

Hmmm. Perhaps if you do have some we can work out a deal. I will even admit that Alex Smith is the greatest quarterback of all time.

Outside of a falsestart Fisher and really the whole line was having there best game last week. Until he got a concussion in the old days he would have been right back out there but with the new standards he had to come out. The whole line has been a struggle this season really. Even the "top 5" Lt that we have hasn't been good. Why single out Fisher who's again not only a rookie but going through a position change. All be a it a slight change but any change to go along with being a rookie is big

And for the gaming stuff that might be something for sending me a message about we can exchange emails

brdempsey69
10-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Fisher has shown absolutely no promise. He hasn't had one good game.......

That's absolute BS. He's shown a ton of promise. And he has had a couple of good games. This isn't fanboyism. I've watched him closely via NFL Game Rewind. No way have you watched him closely.

The guy that Fisher played against last Sunday -- Justin Tuck -- was quoted as saying that Fisher has shown flashes of brilliance from what he had seen of Fisher on film, and it was easy to see why the Chiefs made Fisher the #1 overall pick. Tuck did next to nothing against Fisher in that 1st half last Sunday.

Outside of a falsestart Fisher and really the whole line was having there best game last week. Until he got a concussion in the old days he would have been right back out there but with the new standards he had to come out. The whole line has been a struggle this season really. Even the "top 5" Lt that we have hasn't been good. Why single out Fisher who's again not only a rookie but going through a position change. All be a it a slight change but any change to go along with being a rookie is big

Exactly. ALL of the O-Line has had their struggles thus far, not just Fisher. I can truthfully say that Fisher has performed better in this season's first 4 games, then Eric Winston did at RT in his first 4 games in 2012. Winston had 6 years of NFL experience playing RT coming into 2012, while Fisher has just 4 games of NFL experience playing at RT, thus far. Big difference, there.

MyManHali
10-04-2013, 10:12 PM
That's absolute BS. He's shown a ton of promise. And he has had a couple of good games. This isn't fanboyism. I've watched him closely via NFL Game Rewind. No way have you watched him closely.

The guy that Fisher played against last Sunday -- Justin Tuck -- was quoted as saying that Fisher has shown flashes of brilliance from what he had seen of Fisher on film, and it was easy to see why the Chiefs made Fisher the #1 overall pick. Tuck did next to nothing against Fisher in that 1st half last Sunday.

Tuck hasn't done anything in a while. Fisher hasn't had one positive game according to an in depth analysis from PFF. He has been severely disappointing.

TopekaRoy
10-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Well, it was nice while it lasted ...

Hey, MMH, welcome back. Where have you been for the last few weeks?

You come back and not one word about the Chiefs being 4-0, not one word about the defense giving up the 3rd fewest points in the NFL, not one word about our offense hardly ever turning the ball over. The first thing you have to say is:
"So let me get this straight:
Geno Smith ..." and you go right into criticizing Fisher. Couldn't you ease into hating our players a little bit?

Didn't you make a bet with someone that if the Chiefs started 4-0 you would leave ChiefsCrowd for good?

MyManHali
10-04-2013, 10:15 PM

And for the gaming stuff that might be something for sending me a message about we can exchange emails

We must single him out because he was the top player taken in the entire draft. Despite myself not being too happy about Fisher, I will say I have been definitely wrong about Alex Smith. He has played well so far.

And about the console, thanks man I appreciate that.

MyManHali
10-04-2013, 10:17 PM
Well, it was nice while it lasted ...

Hey, MMH, welcome back. Where have you been for the last few weeks?

You come back and not one word about the Chiefs being 4-0, not one word about the defense giving up the 3rd fewest points in the NFL, not one word about our offense hardly ever turning the ball over. The first thing you have to say is:
"So let me get this straight:
Geno Smith ..." and you go right into criticizing Fisher. Couldn't you ease into hating our players a little bit?

Didn't you make a bet with someone that if the Chiefs started 4-0 you would leave ChiefsCrowd for good?

I am in my first year of law school and I read outside of class about 6-8 hours every day so time is short. I might not even be able to watch the game on Sunday.

I just gave Alex props in a previous post. The deal was if Alex Smith throws more than 25 touchdowns I am gone. If he doesn't TexasChief leaves, we will see what happens.

matthewschiefs
10-04-2013, 10:19 PM
Tuck hasn't done anything in a while. Fisher hasn't had one positive game according to an in depth analysis from PFF. He has been severely disappointing.

I don't put much stalk in PFF or any other media outlet with this team. They're all about Denver. Just this week I hear talk on how Denver has the best D in the division when the Chiefs have allowed less then half the points they have and less points against both common oppents I highly doubt they really put much time in there evulation on him and you just told me tonight how weak oppents still counts for a rookie when it was for Geno now you want to say that tuck hasn't done anything in years to crap on fisher again double standard much?

TopekaRoy
10-04-2013, 10:22 PM
I am in my first year of law school and I read outside of class about 6-8 hours every day so time is short. I might not even be able to watch the game on Sunday.

I just gave Alex props in a previous post. The deal was if Alex Smith throws more than 25 touchdowns I am gone. If he doesn't TexasChief leaves, we will see what happens.
Oh, I see. Well, right now he is on pace for 28. This will be interesting. You still haven't told me why you disappeared while the Chiefs were winning ...

brdempsey69
10-04-2013, 10:23 PM

PFF is totally worthless in their O-Line ratings & anyone who puts any stock into their O-Line ratings has got the brain of a p!ssant. It's the overhead camera that really counts.

Fisher has only been severely disappointing to you because you wanted Geno buttfumble 2.0 drafted with that pick. Jon Baldwin can rightfully described as severely disappointing. Fisher has not allowed multiple sacks & tons of pressures in any of the games -- unlike Albert in 2009 & late 2010 in his 2nd and 3rd years. Fisher is looking better at this stage than Albert did back then.

matthewschiefs
10-04-2013, 10:24 PM
We must single him out because he was the top player taken in the entire draft. Despite myself not being too happy about Fisher, I will say I have been definitely wrong about Alex Smith. He has played well so far.

And about the console, thanks man I appreciate that.

We have Vets not playing well on the O line and you single out the Rookie? "Our top 5 lt" hasn't been much better then Fisher and he's not going through a position change like the rookie is. If Fisher was the only one struggling you might have a point. But he hasn't been the Vets are having a hard time to.

TopekaRoy
Wow, that was weird. you edited the post and the edited version showed up in my quote but the original version is still on my screen!

Bizaar!

MyManHali
I don't put much stalk in PFF or any other media outlet with this team. They're all about Denver. Just this week I hear talk on how Denver has the best D in the division when the Chiefs have allowed less then half the points they have and less points against both common oppents I highly doubt they really put much time in there evulation on him and you just told me tonight how weak oppents still counts for a rookie when it was for Geno now you want to say that tuck hasn't done anything in years to crap on fisher again double standard much?

Fisher was beat by Tuck and then the following play Kiwanuka ran right around him for a big sack on Alex Smith. A few plays later there was a 10 yard holding penalty on Fisher. Stephenson has looked a lot better than Fisher has this year. He is the one who should be starting at RT.

matthewschiefs
10-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Fisher was beat by Tuck and then the following play Kiwanuka ran right around him for a big sack on Alex Smith. A few plays later there was a 10 yard holding penalty on Fisher. Stephenson has looked a lot better than Fisher has this year. He is the one who should be starting at RT.

And the same can be said for Albert pretty much. He got beat badly on a play and he had a bad penalty against the Giants. He's a vet who again isn't changing positions you hold Fisher to a higher standard then Albert? Why don't you call him out to?

brdempsey69
10-04-2013, 10:33 PM

This is incorrect. Fisher did not give up a sack or get called for a holding penalty. There was no sack on the play, as Alex threw the ball away & it was a false start penalty and those were the only two negative plays regarding Fisher. Stephenson got called for clipping ( and it was a correct call ) and I watched him closely in the 2nd half of the game and I can't truthfully say he looked better than Fisher. Stephenson looked OK, but not better.

Why do you feel the need to fabricate lies to support your arguments ??

And the same can be said for Albert pretty much. He got beat badly on a play and he had a bad penalty against the Giants. He's a vet who again isn't changing positions you hold Fisher to a higher standard then Albert? Why don't you call him out to?

Because Albert was his crutch for not drafting Fisher and drafting Geno instead. Albert got called for two holding penalties in the Giants and Philly games, and yet he isn't about to make mention of that because it doesn't support his argument.

matthewschiefs
10-04-2013, 10:37 PM
This is incorrect. Fisher did not give up a sack or get called for a holding penalty. There was no sack on the play, as Alex threw the ball away & it was a false start penalty and those were the only two negative plays regarding Fisher. Stephenson got called for clipping ( and it was a correct call ) and I watched him closely in the 2nd half of the game and I can't truthfully say he looked better than Fisher. Stephenson looked OK, but not better.

Why do you feel the need to fabricate lies to support your arguments ??

Roy is our Official game day starter
brdempsey has to be the O line expert LOL

brdempsey69
10-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Roy is our Official game day starter
brdempsey has to be the O line expert LOL

The truth is ALL the members of the O-Line have had their struggles thus far, not just Fisher. They are all playing in Andy Reid's Offense for the 1st time and it's alien territory. This is a pass-first Offense and the O-Line is spending most of the games on their heels, but when they've needed to turn it on in the 4th QTR of ball games, they have. Yes, even Fisher.

ctchiefsfan
10-04-2013, 11:38 PM

Now there we have it. MMO/MMH will trade away everything he claims to believe in for a stupid video game. TROLL. Plain and simple. He is back on ignore.

ctchiefsfan
10-04-2013, 11:51 PM
All right....I AM DONE WITH THIS SHI*!!!!!!!!!!!!! I come here to have fun, not to be aggravated by a damned troll. I tried to give the guy a chance after his "apology thread" but I AM SO FUC*ING DONE WITH THIS TROLL!!!!!!!!!!! If admin bans this hideous troll then someone please send me an email at krislittledale@comcast.net and I'll be back. But as long as MMO/MMH is allowed on this board then I am all done.

Love y'all, but I can't take this asshat's shi* any more.

ctchiefsfan signing off.

texaschief
10-05-2013, 12:29 AM

Geno Smith has been a turnover machine 11 turnovers in 4 games 8 picks 3 lost fumbles.

I'll take 11TO's in 6 games over 11TO's in 4 games every day of the week. Geno needs to go his next two games WITHOUT a single T.O. just to MATCH Alex's first 6 games.

I've heard about this, but I've never witnessed it. Apparently, it mostly affects chicks with anorexia, but I guess it could happen to guys too. So, there are some people who actually psychologically BELIEVE they are seeing something that is NOT the actual reality. Like, girls who are anorexic look in the mirror and ACTUALLY SEE a fat girl. (It happens to some weight lifters too, but I like the anorexic girl metophor better.)

Is that what's happening here? Because everything you say about Geno and Fisher is the EXACT OPPOSITE of reality. I find it mind-boggling that you see so much fault in Fisher's play, but think Geno is doing ok. It truly is laughable at this point.

I anticipate the offense to get better as the season wears on. I'm feeling pretty good about this bet right now. We should go double or nothing on this bet... if Geno gets yanked from his starting position or ends the season with more than 20 turnovers, you and all your different monikers leave for good. You know you're probably going to lose the Alex Smith TD bet. He just needs 1.25 TDs per game the rest of the season. Andy Reid and his pass-happy offense isn't going to suddenly start running a whole lot near the goal line. This could give you a chance to stick around instead of leaving for a year.

All right....I AM DONE WITH THIS SHI*!!!!!!!!!!!!! I come here to have fun, not to be aggravated by a damned troll. I tried to give the guy a chance after his "apology thread" but I AM SO FUC*ING DONE WITH THIS TROLL!!!!!!!!!!! If admin bans this hideous troll then someone please send me an email at krislittledale@comcast.net and I'll be back. But as long as MMO/MMH is allowed on this board then I am all done.

ctchiefsfan signing off.

Que Queen... "and another one bites the dust..."

brdempsey69
10-05-2013, 01:07 AM

ctchiefsfan signing off.

You would think with the great turnaround that the Chiefs have had thus far in 2013, that MMH would have long since let his hatred for Alex Smith and Eric Fisher fall by the wayside by now & gotten over Geno Smith not being drafted. But even after a 4-0 start, he still wants to continue pumping up the neighbors dog on this issue.

I didn't like the Eric Berry selection back in 2010 & especially hated the over-hype and the hero worship that went on with that selection, but at least I waited to watch Berry for a full season before countering all the over-hype and hero worship. Berry is having a banner year thus far in 2013 and I'll be the first to say it here on these boards. And Dex made me & others eat some major crow last weekend against the Giants.

But MMH will not come to grips with the fact that Geno was not the right guy to be the QB of the Chiefs in 2013 & you would think with Tyler Bray on board and the promise he showed in the preseason final, that he wouldn't care about Geno at this stage. And yet, he's still pimping Geno and bashing Eric Fisher. Because, like you said, he is a TROLL.

SloJimFizz
10-05-2013, 01:29 AM
wtf MMH,how can you be so dense and still be hugging Genos sac?
Fisher is a big *** dude who is coachable and getting nothing but better.
The Chiefs are winning with the selection of Fisher and going after Alex.
Your idea and one that was never considered or even a possibility of drafting Geno at one would yield what,right about now?1-3,2-2,0-4?
Just ridiculous to bring it up and it just baffles me.

Eydugstr
10-05-2013, 08:07 AM

ctchiefsfan signing off.

ctc - Don't let a dipsmack like HisManGeno scare you off this, or any forum. You're just as entitled to stating your opinion as he is to his.

Justin5772002
10-05-2013, 11:28 AM
It shouldn't be that way, this is a forum for chief fans, MMH isn't one of us. I banned him, let's all do the same so that his words don't even get noticed and he leaves

brdempsey69
10-05-2013, 12:22 PM

Law school, huh? Looks like all you're learning to do is fabricate lies to support your arguments. You've done a pretty pathetic job of supporting your case, here. I hope you aren't planning on being a lawyer, because I pity any poor chap that has the misfortune of having you represent him.

I would suggest you take up another trade such as Computer science or some type of mechanical or electronic engineering.

And if you can't watch the Chiefs games, then don't come here commenting and fabricating lies in a fool-hearted effort to try to convince people that you know what you are talking about ( especially regarding Alex Smith and Eric Fisher ), when it's blatantly obvious you don't have a clue.

jason1981
10-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Law school, huh? Looks like all you're learning to do is fabricate lies to support your arguments. You've done a pretty pathetic job of supporting your case, here. I hope you aren't planning on being a lawyer, because I pity any poor chap that has the misfortune of having you represent him.

I would suggest you take up another trade such as Computer science or some type of mechanical or electronic engineering.

And if you can't watch the Chiefs games, then don't come here commenting and fabricating lies in a fool-hearted effort to try to convince people that you know what you are talking about ( especially regarding Alex Smith and Eric Fisher ), when it's blatantly obvious you don't have a clue.

100% agree.

You seem to take all your advice from pff about rankings. If your.mom didnt twll you not to believe everything your read then law school should atleast. You said your self stephonson looked good and this is his second year. Just think how much fisher will be improved by year two. Od say at the minimum you have to give an olinemam atleast 8 starts to make a judgement before they start to turn the corner and yes I heard john dorsey say that.

brdempsey69
10-05-2013, 02:20 PM
100% agree.

You seem to take all your advice from pff about rankings. If your.mom didnt twll you not to believe everything your read then law school should atleast. You said your self stephonson looked good and this is his second year. Just think how much fisher will be improved by year two. Od say at the minimum you have to give an olinemam atleast 8 starts to make a judgement before they start to turn the corner and yes I heard john dorsey say that.

Precisely, as I can't help but wonder what will happen with Fisher when he gets a full off-season program with the Chiefs and perhaps puts 10 more lbs. to his 6-7 frame and probably takes over his natural LT position.

And those PFF stats are totally worthless regarding O-Lineman. I can't verify this, but I've heard that PFF doesn't include 'hits on the QB' and even if they do, their ratings do NOT supercede the overhead camera provided by NFL Game Rewind.

Having watched Fisher, I would like to see him improve on shutting off the inside charge and bull rushes on opposing Defenders & forcing Defenders to play to his strengths, which is locking onto Defenders and riding them on by the QB in the passing pocket. If Fisher can always force Defenders to the outside and try to go around him, then it's going to be very difficult for opponents to get by him & get to Alex Smith.

Assuming Fisher returns for the Oakland game, he's going to get severely tested against the Raiders, Texans, Browns, and Bills prior to the bye week. I'm looking forward to seeing him meet that challenge.

texaschief
10-05-2013, 09:13 PM
It's been 21 hrs... what's the deal? Not as confident as you thought you were in your preseason prognostications?

Lord-Chiefy
10-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Ok. This has obviously went from a guy starting. Debates to a cancer in this crowd. Can you please just ban him forever?

On a happy note my sons varsity Jr high team went undefeated and won championship game 50-8.. booya!
Also he was invited to try out for the AZ FBU national tournament team. It's tomorrow.. wish him luck.

brdempsey69
10-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Ok. This has obviously went from a guy starting. Debates to a cancer in this crowd. Can you please just ban him forever?

On a happy note my sons varsity Jr high team went undefeated and won championship game 50-8.. booya!
Also he was invited to try out for the AZ FBU national tournament team. It's tomorrow.. wish him luck.

Good luck !!

Chiefster
10-06-2013, 12:27 AM

Good luck with your son.

Regarding MMH/MMO I don't particularly agree with his point of view either, but it is just that - his point of view. He has not, in so much as the letter of board rules, been in violation thereof that I have seen, if you have evidence to the contrary then please PM me. He has been a topic of discussion with the sites leadership and is on our radar, that is all I'll say about that. My advice would be to simply ignore him, for the time being, and do not engage him further.

texaschief
10-06-2013, 05:14 AM
Good luck with your son.

Regarding MMH/MMO I don't particularly agree with his point of view either, but it is just that - his point of view. He has not, in so much as the letter of board rules, been in violation thereof that I have seen, if you have evidence to the contrary then please PM me. He has been a topic of discussion with the sites leadership and is on our radar, that is all I'll say about that. My advice would be to simply ignore him, for the time being, and do not engage him further.

Is there such a thing as a digital rubber stamp? Because this has been the "company line" for almost a year now. You would think that after so many complaints and loss of participation by some of the longer-tenured members of this site, y'all would make a move to preserve the forums for what they were meant to be: a place where Chiefs FANS can CHEER ON their team. I don't think it's too much to expect "fans" to be excited about their team's performance, ESPECIALLY when that team is sitting at 4-0. This persistent negativity while the team is undefeated is ridiculous. His positions hold ZERO merit and have recently been propped up by straight out lies. Simply putting this character on the "ignore" list would allow visiting members to think he is representative of our forum when in actuallity, he is a cancer. Watching him to spew his hate for this team is not something I or some of the other members on this forum are going to allow to go unchecked.

It's pretty sad when the members have more respect and pride for this website and forum than the actual owners and administration.

brdempsey69
10-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Is there such a thing as a digital rubber stamp? Because this has been the "company line" for almost a year now. You would think that after so many complaints and loss of participation by some of the longer-tenured members of this site, y'all would make a move to preserve the forums for what they were meant to be: a place where Chiefs FANS can CHEER ON their team. I don't think it's too much to expect "fans" to be excited about their team's performance, ESPECIALLY when that team is sitting at 4-0. This persistent negativity while the team is undefeated is ridiculous. His positions hold ZERO merit and have recently been propped up by straight out lies. Simply putting this character on the "ignore" list would allow visiting members to think he is representative of our forum when in actuallity, he is a cancer. Watching him to spew his hate for this team is not something I or some of the other members on this forum are going to allow to go unchecked.

It's pretty sad when the members have more respect and pride for this website and forum than the actual owners and administration.

To the mods and admins, texaschief makes a valid point. There's a difference between one having an opinion as opposed to one fabricating lies to support their phony arguments. MMH is guilty of the 2nd instance & when one has to resort to that, then they aren't even remotely close to thinking rationally & they need to go elsewhere.

I personally know a guy that also is a Chiefs fan that also resorts fabricating lies to support his arguments & even traveled from the Pacific NW to Arrowhead with him to see two Chiefs games, but in Oct. of 2012, I got fed up with his nonsense & gave him a permanent exit stage left and haven't seen or spoken with him since, nor do I miss his continual regurgitated nonsense.

MMH has clearly got his head so far up Geno Smith's arse that every time Geno farts, MMH's shoes get blown off his feet -- and that's putting it mildly.

Add to that, his continued hatred of Alex Smith and Eric Fisher is also very grievous to many, and in no way, shape, or form justifiable. The reality is, if Smith and Fisher are successful for the Chiefs, it helps them a LOT, but yet, MMH wants them to fail because they aren't his personal choices and he's made that abundantly clear.

If MMH is allowed to stay, then expect the flame wars to erupt.

Chiefster
10-07-2013, 07:26 PM

To the mods and admins, texaschief makes a valid point. There's a difference between one having an opinion as opposed to one fabricating lies to support their phony arguments. MMH is guilty of the 2nd instance & when one has to resort to that, then they aren't even remotely close to thinking rationally & they need to go elsewhere.

I personally know a guy that also is a Chiefs fan that also resorts fabricating lies to support his arguments & even traveled from the Pacific NW to Arrowhead with him to see two Chiefs games, but in Oct. of 2012, I got fed up with his nonsense & gave him a permanent exit stage left and haven't seen or spoken with him since, nor do I miss his continual regurgitated nonsense.

MMH has clearly got his head so far up Geno Smith's arse that every time Geno farts, MMH's shoes get blown off his feet -- and that's putting it mildly.

Add to that, his continued hatred of Alex Smith and Eric Fisher is also very grievous to many, and in no way, shape, or form justifiable. The reality is, if Smith and Fisher are successful for the Chiefs, it helps them a LOT, but yet, MMH wants them to fail because they aren't his personal choices and he's made that abundantly clear.

If MMH is allowed to stay, then expect the flame wars to erupt.

I understand and we are giving the situation due attention, and that is all I will say in an open forum on the subject. Thank you both for your input.

To texaschief: I have always respected you, and would ask, as a friend, that if you have anything further to ad about where I stand regarding board rules then please PM me.

Thanks again.

texaschief
10-07-2013, 09:18 PM
I understand and we are giving the situation due attention, and that is all I will say in an open forum on the subject. Thank you both for your input.

To texaschief: I have always respected you, and would ask, as a friend, that if you have anything further to ad about where I stand regarding board rules then please PM me.

Thanks again.

My response was not intended to be any kind of slight to you specifically. You are not the only mod on this site. I hope you did not take my comment personally and I'd like to publicly apologize if you were offended.

Geno Smith should not still be a topic on this forum almost a year after the topic was brought about. Constantly bombarding players (for a team you supposedly cheer for) during a 5-0 season after years of HORRIBLE LOSING, shouldn't even be mentioned... even if the critisisms ARE true (which it's not).

THIS TEAM IS 5-0!! Why are the members of this board constantly having to defend the team and themselves for actually liking this team?? Why are we having to talk about how much better Alex Smith is than Geno Smith EVERY WEEK? It makes no sense to me.

MyManHali
10-07-2013, 09:32 PM
My response was not intended to be any kind of slight to you specifically. You are not the only mod on this site. I hope you did not take my comment personally and I'd like to publicly apologize if you were offended.

Geno Smith should not still be a topic on this forum almost a year after the topic was brought about. Constantly bombarding players (for a team you supposedly cheer for) during a 5-0 season after years of HORRIBLE LOSING, shouldn't even be mentioned... even if the critisisms ARE true (which it's not).

THIS TEAM IS 5-0!! Why are the members of this board constantly having to defend the team and themselves for actually liking this team?? Why are we having to talk about how much better Alex Smith is than Geno Smith EVERY WEEK? It makes no sense to me.

Huh? HALF of this thread that YOU created is about Geno Smith.

MyManHali
10-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Wow, he is looking good though.

tornadospotter
10-07-2013, 09:58 PM

Thanks again.

I have temporary taken action, we will review and make a decision. Feel free to PM me with your concerns.

Chiefster
10-07-2013, 11:01 PM
My response was not intended to be any kind of slight to you specifically. You are not the only mod on this site. I hope you did not take my comment personally and I'd like to publicly apologize if you were offended...

...No I get it bud, just trying to keep this from being hashed out in an open thread. I understand that it is an open forum issue but the solution needs to be worked out privately. I have an open door policy, so to speak, any member of the site is free to express whatever feelings they need to whether they be personal or not to me in a PM without fear of reprisal. There's no need for apologies.

I have temporary taken action, we will review and make a decision. Feel free to PM me with your concerns.

Thank you TS, you have become my teacher! :smile

tornadospotter
10-08-2013, 01:21 AM

Pm us Mods about issues, or lodge complaints thru reporting a post, that is when we are able to better make a decision. I also have a open door policy, if I do not get back to you, does not mean I am ignoring your concerns. The Mods do have our own communication channels, but we do not always have the time to read thru every thread and every post. Only when we receive reported post or pms from members, then we have something to go with. We are an open forum, and I agree about the constant negativity that comes from some, when we have yet to lose, and the bad influence that becomes to new members and members who will not post anymore. I joined this site because it was a fun site! That is what it will be! I am well know to be a Homer, and not a debater, sometime reading good debates are fun, but constant hate? I am done with that.