PDA

View Full Version : Perfect into the bye week?

NJChiefs
10-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Who remembers this? Unfortunately it was the SI jinx edition and we lost the next game. Will we be 9-0 going into the bye week?

TopekaRoy
10-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Who remembers this? Unfortunately it was the SI jinx edition and we lost the next game. Will we be 9-0 going into the bye week?

AAAAHHHH!!! Delete, delete, delete!

Seriously, though, I don't see why we can't be 9-0 going into the bye week. We face The Raiders, Texans and Browns at home the next 3 weeks. All of those look very winnable at this point although Cleveland probably scares me the most. (I never would have said THAT at the beginning of the season!) After that we have a road game against the Bills. This is our year to finally stick it to them.

Unfortunately, I could see us losing 4 or 5 out of 6 after the bye week. The Broncos twice, @San Diego and @home against the Colts will all be tough games. I could even see us losing in Oakland. The Raiders are better with Pryor at QB, they intercepted Rivers 3 times last night to beat the Chargers and are starting to gain some confidence.

That would still put us at 12-4 or 11-5 and in the playoffs, but you don't want back into the playoffs with a bunch of losses. The bye is still a month away though and hopefully by then our offense will be in sync and our defense will be a little stouter.

Chiefster
10-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Yup, that was a whole decade ago. Let's NOT get ahead of ourselves, although it would be nice. :smile

Lord-Chiefy
10-07-2013, 07:15 PM
I see us losing 2 of next 3 games. Houston and browns. Raiders is a toss up.

Eydugstr
10-07-2013, 09:45 PM
One game at a time. Up next, da raiters. Gotta dominate at the lines.

TopekaRoy
10-07-2013, 11:07 PM

Yeah, but you "see" us losing every game (except for the Jaguars)!

Titans game:

There goes the game. We need to keep 3 score[s ah]ead to even have a chance our o can't close

Giants game:

Say 2 TD 1Int or fumble. 270 yds passing. 1-3 point loss

Eagles Game:

philly by 14. i dont think we can score more then 17 and we will need about 32 to win. awefull secondary and we rarely pressure qb.

Cowboys game:

game over.. 20 pt loss

Your eyesight hasn't been too good lately.:lol:

jason1981
10-08-2013, 01:50 AM
Yeah, but you "see" us losing every game (except for the Jaguars)!

Titans game:

Giants game:

Eagles Game:

Cowboys game:

Your eyesight hasn't been too good lately.:lol:

100% correct. Please lordy just dissappear with mmh your just as negative as he is. Atlease he doesnt show up during the game amd try to bring everyone elae down. **** im nervous to when a bad play happens and.it doesnt help to come.on here and see you say **** game'm over we lost and **** like that. Just stop saying were going to lose everytime something bad happens. Please.

Justin5772002
10-08-2013, 02:05 AM
Notice the fans that don't have chief's names are better "Supporters" of the chiefs than the opposite? LOL sorry chiefster there's always exceptions to the rule

NJChiefs
10-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Notice the fans that don't have chief's names are better "Supporters" of the chiefs than the opposite? LOL sorry chiefster there's always exceptions to the rule

Definitely not true. But I think Lord-Chiefy is one who sets expectations so low so that he can only be pleasantly surprised and not overwhelmingly disappointed with a loss. It's like owning a (red) Ferrari but never taking it out of the garage because you just know it's going to get dinged a couple of times ... I do think we can win the next four games, but agree it will be a different story for the rest of the season. But at the beginning of the season, I think many of us would have been happy with a .500 season. Well if we go .500 or so the rest of the way, we'll be 11-5 or 10-6 and make the playoffs. My adjusted expectation is to see us win a playoff game. Though I don't see us getting any home games if we make the playoffs, this team looks like a legitimate road warrior, unlike any team in memorable past.

Lord-Chiefy
10-08-2013, 10:13 AM
I'm comin along guys..don't get panties in bunch. This team showed me a great deal in the 4th Qtr Sunday.

texaschief
10-08-2013, 10:15 AM

Dude. smh

Can the Chiefs lose a couple games between now and the bye week? Absolutely.

The question that needs to be asked is, SHOULD the Chiefs lose any of their next 4 games?

I think the answer to that is, absolutely not. The Raiders played well Sunday night, but does that mean they are better than the 5-0 Chiefs? As long as the Chiefs can contain Pryor, they should walk over Oakland. But the mobile QB has been a problem for KC so far. The Texans have been good the last few seasons, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're good THIS season. (See NYG and PITT) The Browns are back with Weeden. Their defense is good, but Weeden makes too many mistakes to beat the Chiefs' defense. Going to Buffalo always sucks for the Chiefs. I think the Chiefs SHOULD win that game but the competitiveness of the Bills will depend on who's under center.

Y'all... this Chiefs team is 5-0. It's ok to think your team can win a game again.

You have OFFICIALLY been given permission to be optimistic heading into ANY game. REJOICE!

brdempsey69
10-08-2013, 10:17 AM
But I think Lord-Chiefy is one who sets expectations so low so that he can only be pleasantly surprised and not overwhelmingly disappointed with a loss.

Lord-Chiefy is just being pessimistic because he doesn't want any letdown and he doesn't count victory until it's in the bag for certain. Unlike MMH, he doesn't fabricate lies to support support an argument and does rejoice when the Chiefs win.

Now, as for what happens the rest of the season, it depends on the Chiefs staying healthy & continued improvement across the board. I'm not thinking about post-season ( although I believe the Chiefs have a good chance), as I'd rather just go one game at a time.

Do notice that nobody is talking about the draft next spring versus last year when everybody was talking about the draft at this point in the season.

Seek
10-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Dude. smh

Can the Chiefs lose a couple games between now and the bye week? Absolutely.

The question that needs to be asked is, SHOULD the Chiefs lose any of their next 4 games?

I think the answer to that is, absolutely not. The Raiders played well Sunday night, but does that mean they are better than the 5-0 Chiefs? As long as the Chiefs can contain Pryor, they should walk over Oakland. But the mobile QB has been a problem for KC so far. The Texans have been good the last few seasons, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're good THIS season. (See NYG and PITT) The Browns are back with Weeden. Their defense is good, but Weeden makes too many mistakes to beat the Chiefs' defense. Going to Buffalo always sucks for the Chiefs. I think the Chiefs SHOULD win that game but the competitiveness of the Bills will depend on who's under center.

Y'all... this Chiefs team is 5-0. It's ok to think your team can win a game again.

You have OFFICIALLY been given permission to be optimistic heading into ANY game. REJOICE!

The mobile QB has only been a problem when the blitz is picked up leaving only the secondary to cover the QB after they have gone man to man with their receivers.

If the Chiefs can get pressure with just the front 5, leaving the ILB to man up against the QB they do great agains the running scared QB's.

Lord-Chiefy
10-08-2013, 12:55 PM
I cant believe the lack of coverage of the chiefs. I sit and watch and wait for highlights and ffinally I get them and it's Tenn plays..lol.. I guess it's a good thing were under the radar, unfortunately it's only by the networks. Teams are watching and so are the public. I say keep on Rollin on!!!!

doobs_05
10-08-2013, 01:04 PM
So MMh got the ban hammer, can we ban the guys who always brought stuff up to bring him out, can we ban the guys who were giving him **** last year when he said the year would not go well.

ANY WAYS

Should never look at every game as a win, any given sunday, it's why they play the game

Justin5772002
10-08-2013, 02:54 PM
So MMh got the ban hammer, can we ban the guys who always brought stuff up to bring him out, can we ban the guys who were giving him **** last year when he said the year would not go well.

ANY WAYS

Should never look at every game as a win, any given sunday, it's why they play the game

no we cannot, he got the ban hammer because even in the good times he's always negative. We come here to speak, get info, and most of all CHEER on our chiefs and MMH didnt

Chiefster
10-08-2013, 05:51 PM

ANY WAYS

no we cannot, he got the ban hammer because even in the good times he's always negative. We come here to speak, get info, and most of all CHEER on our chiefs and MMH didnt

Last Warning! Anymore discussion on this topic will end in the closing of this, or any, thread. I and TS will field any questions or concerns you my have in a PM. This is NOT an open forum topic of discussion.

jason1981
10-08-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm comin along guys..don't get panties in bunch. This team showed me a great deal in the 4th Qtr Sunday.

You can come along as slow as you need to all I ask is during the games dont post oh there goes the game after bad plays. It just makes me more nervous that we might lose. I still can remember last year so its hard for myself to keep my nerves calm. Thats all I ask. Unless its at the end of game and we know we just lost the game for sure. I just want to keep my hopes up for long as I can in the games.

TopekaRoy
10-08-2013, 06:31 PM
... I just want to keep my hopes up for long as I can in the games.

I'm with you. It's a lot more fun believing we will come back and win, and then it actually happens(!) than it is thinking the whole time that we are gonna lose. That's too depressing for me. I'll have plenty of time to be depressed after​ we lose. No need to feel like that when we still have a chance to win.

KCGM
10-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Just found this site NICE 1st post greetings Chiefs Crowd!! So cool to see our Chiefs at 5-0!! Chiefs FO Andy Reid & Alex Smith BIG factors in the teams turnaround. Alex is a great QB a good football player and a good human being. Took a lot of uncalled for crap from retarded clueless forty whiner fans who tried to run his azz outta town. Alex said he was going to "stick it" to the haters and he sure is doing a great job of it. Alex is an elite NFL game manager QB in his prime who knows and does what it takes to WIN football games. Alex is 25-5-1 since 2011 that's #1 in the NFL. A lot of 49ers fans have egg on their faces looks good on em to. And look at Crapernick and the 49ers now...they got destroyed by Seattle and Indy and their passing game is a farce ranked 31st in the NFL HAHAHA!!! GO ALEX GO!! GO CHIEFS GO!!!!!

KCGM
10-08-2013, 10:10 PM
I'm with you. It's a lot more fun believing we will come back and win, and then it actually happens(!) than it is thinking the whole time that we are gonna lose. That's too depressing for me. I'll have plenty of time to be depressed after​ we lose. No need to feel like that when we still have a chance to win. Don't worry the 2013 Chiefs with Alex Smith under center are the real deal. Never listen to the forty whiner haters they are a sad lot Alex is a great QB and team leader who took the 2012 49ers team to within 2 muffed punts of the Super Bowl. Now Alex is doing similar great things with this Chiefs team. Dude was a total steal for 2 2nd round picks. The defense is playing lights out hard because they are talented and know Alex always gives them a chance to win games.

TopekaRoy
10-09-2013, 01:38 AM
Just found this site NICE 1st post greetings Chiefs Crowd!! So cool to see our Chiefs at 5-0!! Chiefs FO Andy Reid & Alex Smith BIG factors in the teams turnaround. Alex is a great QB a good football player and a good human being. Took a lot of uncalled for crap from retarded clueless forty whiner fans who tried to run his azz outta town. Alex said he was going to "stick it" to the haters and he sure is doing a great job of it. Alex is an elite NFL game manager QB in his prime who knows and does what it takes to WIN football games. Alex is 25-5-1 since 2011 that's #1 in the NFL. A lot of 49ers fans have egg on their faces looks good on em to. And look at Crapernick and the 49ers now...they got destroyed by Seattle and Indy and their passing game is a farce ranked 31st in the NFL HAHAHA!!! GO ALEX GO!! GO CHIEFS GO!!!!!

Folks, I think we have found our ANTI-MyManHali! (That's a good thing KCGM.)

Welcome to ChiefsCrowd. Make yourself at home. :bananen_smilies046:

brdempsey69
10-09-2013, 02:10 AM
Don't worry the 2013 Chiefs with Alex Smith under center are the real deal. Never listen to the forty whiner haters they are a sad lot Alex is a great QB and team leader who took the 2012 49ers team to within 2 muffed punts of the Super Bowl. Now Alex is doing similar great things with this Chiefs team. Dude was a total steal for 2 2nd round picks. The defense is playing lights out hard because they are talented and know Alex always gives them a chance to win games.

This is what I've been telling people all along, that were bashing Alex when the trade went down and I pointed out about Oakland's trade for Carson Palmer ( they gave up a 1st and two 2nd rounders ) and he's no longer even with the Raiders and the picks are long gone. I kept trying to tell people that what happened in SF was irrelevant & it's what he does in KC that really counts. It's counting for a QUITE A LOT, thus far.

Seek
10-09-2013, 08:49 AM
That Dang Alex Smith. By being 5-0 our chances of being better that 8-8 is going to cost us our second rounder next year. That stupid winning QB turning this franchise around is not worth 2 second rounders.

brdempsey69
10-09-2013, 11:26 AM
I will say this, even though I've said many times to take them one game at a time:

We very well could be witnessing the greatest turnaround in team history. In fact, some might rightfully suggest, we already have.

And it's not a Cinderella-type scenario like 2010, either.

Seek
10-09-2013, 11:44 AM
I will say this, even though I've said many times to take them one game at a time:

We very well could be witnessing the greatest turnaround in team history. In fact, some might rightfully suggest, we already have.

I don't know, I would have to give a vote to INDY after Peyton left and Luck took over. That was pretty impressive because I thought that team was so bad that Luck alone wouldn't help them. We knew we had talent but poor coaching.

brdempsey69
10-09-2013, 12:00 PM

I don't know, I would have to give a vote to INDY after Peyton left and Luck took over. That was pretty impressive because I thought that team was so bad that Luck alone wouldn't help them. We knew we had talent but poor coaching.

The Chiefs team history.

Seek
10-09-2013, 12:46 PM
The Chiefs team history.

Sorry... Yes I would have to agree. But you could put it up there in NFL History as well.

TopekaRoy
10-09-2013, 01:00 PM
I heard that no other team in NFL history has started the season 5-0 after going 2-14 the previous year.

The Colts were 2-14 in 2011 and finished 2012 at 11-5. That's very impressive, but they were 2-3 after their first 5 games. We are already 3 games ahead of were they were last year at his point. I'm sure that is due in large part to the fact that Luck was a rookie QB and he needed time to adjust to playing at the NFL level, while Smith is an experienced QB who has won consistently over the last two seasons.

texaschief
10-09-2013, 01:33 PM

Don't worry the 2013 Chiefs with Alex Smith under center are the real deal. Never listen to the forty whiner haters they are a sad lot Alex is a great QB and team leader who took the 2012 49ers team to within 2 muffed punts of the Super Bowl. Now Alex is doing similar great things with this Chiefs team. Dude was a total steal for 2 2nd round picks. The defense is playing lights out hard because they are talented and know Alex always gives them a chance to win games.

Y'all... seriously? No red flags at all on these 2 posts? 2 days after forum drama and the hammer, some "new guy" shows up and goes to the other extreme on Alex Smith and posts the EXACT OPPOSITE VIEW on all the talking points.

C'mon, man.

brdempsey69
10-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Y'all... seriously? No red flags at all on these 2 posts? 2 days after forum drama and the hammer, some "new guy" shows up and goes to the other extreme on Alex Smith and posts the EXACT OPPOSITE VIEW on all the talking points.

C'mon, man.

No way to prove it, so the only thing to do is go with the flow.

texaschief
10-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Just thought I'd bring some attention to it so he doesn't make everyone look like idiots.

Seek
10-09-2013, 02:08 PM
I heard that no other team in NFL history has started the season 5-0 after going 2-14 the previous year.

The Colts were 2-14 in 2011 and finished 2012 at 11-5. That's very impressive, but they were 2-3 after their first 5 games. We are already 3 games ahead of were they were last year at his point. I'm sure that is due in large part to the fact that Luck was a rookie QB and he needed time to adjust to playing at the NFL level, while Smith is an experienced QB who has won consistently over the last two seasons.

Yes, but as I stated earlier. We had 6 pro-bowlers on a 2-14 team. We weren't that bad. The Colts though, were really bad. I thought they would do the same thing they did with Peyton when they drafted him and struggle for years until they build a team around Peyton. Instead, they turned it around real quick.

I guess it is a matter of expectations instead of just looking at the record.

texaschief
10-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Yes, but as I stated earlier. We had 6 pro-bowlers on a 2-14 team. We weren't that bad. The Colts though, were really bad. I thought they would do the same thing they did with Peyton when they drafted him and struggle for years until they build a team around Peyton. Instead, they turned it around real quick.

I guess it is a matter of expectations instead of just looking at the record.

The Colts were REALLY good the year before Peyton's injury. The year they were so bad, they had the worst QB situation in the league and then landed Andrew Luck. I wasn't all that surprised with Indy's performance the past 2 seasons. Similarly, I'm not all that shocked with the Chiefs' performance now that they have a good QB who doesn't turn the ball over. Outside of Sean Smith and Poe's 2nd year development, this is the same defense we had last season. Pretty much the same offense as well. The single more glaring upgrade has been at the QB position. It just goes to show you how important the QB is in this league.

Look around the league and you'll see the bad teams are getting poor production from the QB position.

brdempsey69
10-09-2013, 02:32 PM
I know the Colts QB situation in 2011 was the pits with Manning hurt, but it almost looked like the Colts tanked purposely for the purpose of getting Luck because they figured Peyton was probably done. The Chiefs in 2012 didn't tank purposely, it was a case where everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.

Chiefster
10-09-2013, 03:20 PM

C'mon, man.

I have completed an IP Address search and have found nothing to suggest that they are one in the same. It is not our intent to go on a witch hunt with regard to every new member, but we are on the lookout for the possibility of a duplicate account.

Please direct any concerns you may have to me or Coach in a PM.

texaschief
10-09-2013, 07:04 PM
I have completed an IP Address search and have found nothing to suggest that they are one in the same. It is not our intent to go on a witch hunt with regard to every new member, but we are on the lookout for the possibility of a duplicate account.

Please direct any concerns you may have to me or Coach in a PM.

MMH doesn't concern me in the least. I'm not going to act like I have any proof or lead some kind of "which hunt. " I just think it would be prudent for our members to think critically about the situation. Just seems pretty blatant to me. I won't mention it again.

Chiefster
10-10-2013, 07:32 AM
MMH doesn't concern me in the least. I'm not going to act like I have any proof or lead some kind of "which hunt. " I just think it would be prudent for our members to think critically about the situation. Just seems pretty blatant to me. I won't mention it again.

Just letting you know that the mods are paying attention bud. :smile

jason1981
10-10-2013, 06:19 PM
I dont think its the same guy. If it is then as long as hes postive like those two post then its all good. I liked thoae two post and thought they were perty accurate and spot on. I think the 49ers may end up regretting leting him go. I think kapernick has regreessed some cuz teams learned to def the reap option better. He didnt say hes an elite qb but an elite game manager which is not a knock. And the team amd the defis playing lights out cu they know they have a qbthwy can got to war with and win. That in itself makes a world of difference.

doobs_05
10-11-2013, 12:47 PM

C'mon, man.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pEfVJ93Cwa8/TPHGzcvRXDI/AAAAAAAAHa8/3Afsg6UrHQA/s200/witch_stirring_pot_hg_clr.gif

brdempsey69
10-11-2013, 03:24 PM
I will once again reiterate. Looking ahead is a mistake. One game at time, because that is how they are played on the football field.

There is no way that anybody in their right mind should look past the Oakland Raiders this coming Sunday, as they have won (6) SIX in a row at Arrowhead & their Defensive front 7 has found a way to obliterate the Chiefs O-Line every single time and the Chiefs couldn't score the points that they needed to win.

That must change this Sunday. The Chiefs O-Line did a creditable job against the Titans, but it is my belief, they will have to be even better this Sunday against Oakland. Forget what has happened through the first 5 games and any statistical rankings, because the bottom line is that the Chiefs must win the war in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Eydugstr
10-11-2013, 04:15 PM
I will once again reiterate. Looking ahead is a mistake. One game at time, because that is how they are played on the football field.

There is no way that anybody in their right mind should look past the Oakland Raiders this coming Sunday, as they have won (6) SIX in a row at Arrowhead & their Defensive front 7 has found a way to obliterate the Chiefs O-Line every single time and the Chiefs couldn't score the points that they needed to win.

That must change this Sunday. The Chiefs O-Line did a creditable job against the Titans, but it is my belief, they will have to be even better this Sunday against Oakland. Forget what has happened through the first 5 games and any statistical rankings, because the bottom line is that the Chiefs must win the war in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Like a crafty old carpenter...hitting the nail on the head. We've gotten 5-0, I'm very proud of this team, but we cannot afford to overlook anybody. I look at this game as a way to judge where we stand, on the O-line. If we handle the Raiders D-line, that's signaling a major improvement. The Raiders are in a state of change too, unless the ghost of Al Davis is still running things, so we can't rely on just waiting for the moment when the Raiders shoot themselves in the foot with penalties or their QB just chucking the ball up for grabs the second pressure appears.

matthewschiefs
10-11-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm a tad nervous about this one. Maybe it's just that they have won so many games in a row at Arrowhead. But I have just had a bad feeling about it all week. It also could be that I know that sooner or later we are going to drop one. Hope I'm wrong but I am for sure not looking past the faiders

doobs_05
10-11-2013, 06:23 PM
I'm a tad nervous about this one. Maybe it's just that they have won so many games in a row at Arrowhead. But I have just had a bad feeling about it all week. It also could be that I know that sooner or later we are going to drop one. Hope I'm wrong but I am for sure not looking past the faiders

6 in a row

NJChiefs
10-11-2013, 08:15 PM
6 in a row

Right. So a streak has to continue this weekend, either a great 6-0 run or 7 in row at Arrowhead. I'm betting on our #6 rather than their #7... I still remember the greatest rivalry in sports, when bench clearing brawls were an anticipated part of every game. I would like to see this rivalry resumed. So best of luck Raiders with your apparent resurgence. But Arrowhead was once a tomb for you, and will be on Sunday.

texaschief
10-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Hopefully those of you who will be at the game will be so damn loud that the Raiders won't be able to think. I've always wondered why home crowds (not just Arrowhead) don't try to get the loudest while the team is in the huddle. That's when they're trying to communicate... not so much when they're already at the line and doing hand signals or moving with the ball. Our crowd needs to be amped up while they're trying to call the play. If the Arrowhead crowd could figure that out, they'll be more effective with their noise and become a TRUE 12th man in the Raider huddle causing mass confusion and delay of game penalties.

Just sayin

Lazeye
10-11-2013, 10:18 PM

Thats because they need to associate themselves as fans to fit in with us kingdom faithful! :mob:

We need a bandwagon fan as a smiley!

ctchiefsfan
10-12-2013, 12:44 AM
I expect this to be one of our toughest games all year. Even when they really REALLY REALLY suck, the Raiders almost always give us a very hard time. On top of that we have a lot of players dinged up. If we want to win everybody on the team (including the crowd) is going to have to give it their very best game.

Chiefster
10-12-2013, 10:43 PM

Quoted for truth because nothing more need be said here.

texaschief
10-12-2013, 11:40 PM
What do y'all think about the Texans? I think Shaub is going to struggle in Arrowhead.

ctchiefsfan
10-12-2013, 11:52 PM
What do y'all think about the Texans? I think Shaub is going to struggle in Arrowhead.

Unless a team figures out how to jump to a big lead against us, EVERY opposing quarterback is going to struggle at Arrowhead. The 12th man is making a big difference this year.

doobs_05
10-14-2013, 01:57 PM
The Texans are a can team, easily could be 0-6 (SD blows the lead, beat Tenn. in overtime). Schaub isn't going to play. But it doesn't matter how big can of a team they are, any given sunday!

NJChiefs
11-03-2013, 07:01 PM

Stop whining. We are 9-0. I just pray SI doesn't put the Chiefs on the cover before the Donkeys game.

Chiefster
11-03-2013, 11:44 PM

I think the fact that we were undefeated had more to do with it than the "SI Jinx".

matthewschiefs
11-03-2013, 11:47 PM
I think we will be undefeated going into the bye :biggrin:

Chiefster
11-03-2013, 11:53 PM

Way to go out on a limb there. :lol:

matthewschiefs
11-04-2013, 12:04 AM
Way to go out on a limb there. :lol:

I learned from the best :lol:

Chiefster
11-04-2013, 12:10 AM
I learned from the best :lol:

...And, you have learned well my young padawan.

Seek
11-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Funny how that previous 9-0 Chiefs team was one of the weakest 9-0 teams ever because they defense was so horrible and the offense coulnd't possibly win every game in shoot out fashion.

Now, this team is the weakest 9-0 team ever because the offense can't win if it is a shoot out.

Both teams had good special teams.

I still think this team can open up the offense, just as it did until McCluster dropped that For sure TD before the half, but they prefer having the game close.

ctchiefsfan
11-04-2013, 09:35 AM
The talking heads are staying up nights making up lists of excuses to use just in case we win the Super Bowl. F 'em! Just keep winning!!!

NJChiefs
11-04-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm with you Connecticut. F those talking heads. BTW. I was a hair's width away from putting a thousand clams down in Vegas early post season when the Chiefs were listed at 200:1 to win the Super Bowl this year. My wife said she would divorce me if I did. I will divorce my wife if the Chiefs win the Super Bowl.

doobs_05
11-04-2013, 01:58 PM
i don't think KC will win in denver. It's very rare that it happens (6 wins since 1990, they have a great home field advantage). Offense needs to step up and score early and often. KC loses the game in a blow out fashion the media will have a field day with it, KC wins or loses in a really close game then the media will have a new attitude toward the chiefs. But not team has really shown they are the number 1 to beat or who've shown they are the favorites come playoffs.

ctchiefsfan
11-04-2013, 05:16 PM
I'm with you Connecticut. F those talking heads. BTW. I was a hair's width away from putting a thousand clams down in Vegas early post season when the Chiefs were listed at 200:1 to win the Super Bowl this year. My wife said she would divorce me if I did. I will divorce my wife if the Chiefs win the Super Bowl.

Ah hell NJ.....Cheaper to keep her. Lord knows I have learned that the hard way! A big score on the long Super Bowl odds would have been nice, but after all these years I wouldn't trade $200K for a Super Bowl. Rather have the win. And if you are any kind of successful in life (being from NJ you're probably not a broke schlumph like me) then what would $200K mean? NOTHING compared to going from 2-14 to Super Bowl Champions I suspect. SHOW ME THE SUPER BOWL!!!!

As an aside....I don't do Vegas...costs money to go there....but if you are familiar with a reliable online football betting site please PM it to me. Back when I was in college in the late '70s I made some good party money from a local bookie betting on the Chiefs. What little extra money I have would be better spent betting against the line than the way I waste it now.

GREAT to have another East Coast Chiefs fan here!!!!!

Eydugstr
11-04-2013, 07:10 PM

And you weren't wrong!

GO CHIEFS!!

Justin5772002
11-05-2013, 01:33 AM
Ah hell NJ.....Cheaper to keep her. Lord knows I have learned that the hard way! A big score on the long Super Bowl odds would have been nice, but after all these years I wouldn't trade $200K for a Super Bowl. Rather have the win. And if you are any kind of successful in life (being from NJ you're probably not a broke schlumph like me) then what would $200K mean? NOTHING compared to going from 2-14 to Super Bowl Champions I suspect. SHOW ME THE SUPER BOWL!!!!

As an aside....I don't do Vegas...costs money to go there....but if you are familiar with a reliable online football betting site please PM it to me. Back when I was in college in the late '70s I made some good party money from a local bookie betting on the Chiefs. What little extra money I have would be better spent betting against the line than the way I waste it now.

GREAT to have another East Coast Chiefs fan here!!!!!

i live 2 hours away from Vegas driving... I put $20 on the chiefs to win the conference and $20 to win the Super Bowl before the season even started. It was 30:1 odds for conference and 60:1 for Super Bowl, doubt that goes up to 200:1

ctchiefsfan
11-05-2013, 04:54 AM
i live 2 hours away from Vegas driving... I put $20 on the chiefs to win the conference and $20 to win the Super Bowl before the season even started. It was 30:1 odds for conference and 60:1 for Super Bowl, doubt that goes up to 200:1

When you collect on those bets you be damned sure to drink an extra beer for me!!!! The party after you win that first bet will be PHENOMENAL!!!! The party after the second I probably won't survive!!!