PDA

View Full Version : new users

Lord-Chiefy
10-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Please for the love of God make it so there's a 24 to 48 hour wait before they can post on this site when they apply that will avoid all these trolls every week

Chiefster
10-13-2013, 09:37 PM
Danger did not brake any rules. Please stop whining about people you don't like and ignore them.

matthewschiefs
10-13-2013, 10:41 PM
it might help keep some trolls out but I think it would also drive some fans coming for real discussion away just my opinion

TopekaRoy
10-16-2013, 08:28 AM
it might help keep some trolls out but I think it would also drive some fans coming for real discussion away just my opinion

I agree with Matthew. If I joined up on game day to talk about the Chiefs or I read a thread that I wanted to contribute to I would be really ticked off if I couldn't post right away. By the time I waited two days, that thread might have gone in a totally different direction and my contribution would no longer be relevant. Some Chiefs fans might sign up and never come back if there is a waiting period.

A waiting period might keep out one or two people who just want to troll but it would drive away far more real Chiefs fans.

I have seen very few fans of other teams sign up and troll right away. Danger is not a troll. Just deal with it Lord-Chiefy. The best way to handle a troll is to completely ignore them. If they don't get a reaction, they will get bored and leave. Or I like to politely correct them and let them know how stupid there comments are. :smile

Canada
10-18-2013, 11:13 PM
I troll...and ive been a member for 7 years...whatcha gonna do about THAT?

matthewschiefs
10-19-2013, 12:25 AM
I troll...and ive been a member for 7 years...whatcha gonna do about THAT?

You're a horrible troll if you have made it 7 years

Canada
10-19-2013, 12:54 AM
Im not very dedicated

Chief Lukather 4Life
05-28-2017, 12:51 PM
I would agree with this. People are impatient, and even the good-intentioned would be turned off from having to register and wait.

ctchiefsfan
06-05-2017, 03:20 PM
I would agree with this. People are impatient, and even the good-intentioned would be turned off from having to register and wait.

WELL SAID! If I had had to wait a day or two to post after I registered I don't think I'd be here today.