woobob14
10-15-2013, 10:57 AM
giving 6.5 i believe, its gonna be tough

woobob14
10-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Taking it all the way this year

Seek
10-15-2013, 12:43 PM
We have covered every game. However, I don't really care as I don't bet on my teams.... I just want to win the game spread or not.

woobob14
10-15-2013, 01:02 PM
any one like my tee i created or nahh http://teespring.com/KCCWRC/email

TopekaRoy
10-15-2013, 01:17 PM
I can't wear that t-shirt.

I wasn't "here.":lol:

woobob14
10-15-2013, 01:41 PM
pun on u

Canada
10-16-2013, 12:30 AM
I think we kill em...i heard they are benching Shaub and going with Keenum Sunday

ctchiefsfan
10-16-2013, 08:50 AM
Couldn't care less about the spread. Just want to be 7-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chiefnut
10-16-2013, 09:40 AM
this is what I was afraid of, people ar beginning to ASSUME that the CHIEFS going to win the next 3 games along w/denvr so that it will be the BIG game of undefeateds for control of the AFC West. do I think we will win them, yes would I look past them....no!! Houston is a good team playing like crap. tj yates may come in and have a career day against us...it has happened a few times before. I remember w/we knocked Elway out of a close game ant kubiak came in and torched us to win the game. don't forget about clevelands defense. buffalo may get a great performance from some rookie QB whichever one they trot out. every time I hear "will we cover the spread" the hair stands up on the back of my neck, lets just worry about winning....screw the betting lines

kcvet
10-16-2013, 10:02 AM
this is what I was afraid of, people ar beginning to ASSUME that the CHIEFS going to win the next 3 games along w/denvr so that it will be the BIG game of undefeateds for control of the AFC West. do I think we will win them, yes would I look past them....no!! Houston is a good team playing like crap. tj yates may come in and have a career day against us...it has happened a few times before. I remember w/we knocked Elway out of a close game ant kubiak came in and torched us to win the game. don't forget about clevelands defense. buffalo may get a great performance from some rookie QB whichever one they trot out. every time I hear "will we cover the spread" the hair stands up on the back of my neck, lets just worry about winning....screw the betting lines

Houston is a good team playing like crap

hmmm. is it me or is that a contradiction of terms???

chiefnut
10-16-2013, 10:16 AM
hmmm. is it me or is that a contradiction of terms??? ie...2012 CHIEFS, had talent, played like crap

Bike
10-16-2013, 12:21 PM
I think we kill em...i heard they are benching Shaub and going with Keenum Sundayjust fax me a cold one...

kcvet
10-16-2013, 12:54 PM
ie...2012 CHIEFS, had talent, played like crap

ok pal. just struck me funny

Hayvern
10-16-2013, 05:53 PM
We had better come into the game with a better respect for this team than we seemed to have with the Raiders. I really think had we played this last game in Oakland, I think we lose this last game. The hometeam crowd really made this win possible. I think that is also going to be a factor against Texas this weekend. I am glad we are playing them at home.

TopekaRoy
10-16-2013, 05:59 PM
...Houston is a good team playing like crap...

No, they are not. They are a crappy team with some really good players on it, just like the Giants. Good teams don't lose 4 games in a row by a combined score of 125-45.

That doesn't mean they can't beat the Chiefs. You can never look past ANY team in the NFL. Look at the Jaguars. They had a good chance of beating the Broncos last Sunday. Sometimes even crappy teams will play really well. But that doesn't make them a good team.

doobs_05
10-16-2013, 06:38 PM
Houston has a good D, terrible Offense

So which ever D does the most wins the game.

Houston could easily be 0-6, but "any given sunday"

jason1981
10-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Wow cant believe people are worried about if were going to beat the spread. Seriously? How about worrying about just winning the game. You cam sure tell the people who overlook teams and look ahead. Seems to be alot of new people on here or atleast I havent noticed them before. Anyways. Houston is no joke. No1 defense and a great offense win they want to be. Its not going to be a walk in the park.

ctchiefsfan
10-16-2013, 08:22 PM
DAMN RIGHT!!!!!! There is not a single team between now and the end of the season that we are good enough to look past. There are no more Jags on our schedule and even the Jags made things interesting for Denver. SCREW the rest of the schedule.....I just want to see us beat Houston this week.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!! BEAT HOUSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iratefan
10-17-2013, 11:29 AM
JJ Watt sounds pissed and I expect this to be a battle of the defenses. Again its good for us for having a real home field advantage this year, and I think if the offense doesnt come out on the field and abort themselves most of the game like they did against the raiders, the chiefs should have a very good chance at winning this game. If the current turnover ratio trend the texans are paving lately continues, i think the chiefs have an extremely favorable chance to win. why anyone cares about the spread unless theyre betting i have no idea.

jap1
10-17-2013, 04:32 PM
My biggest concern this week is how our OL is going to do against the Texans D. JJ Watt usually plays on Fisher's side of the field. It is going to be a good test to see how he does.

ctchiefsfan
10-17-2013, 04:38 PM
No doubt in my mind that this could be a real "trap game". The Donks almost got trapped by the Jags. And the Texans could EASILY trap us. We need to play this game as if a trip to the Superbowl was riding on whether win or lose this game. We're 6-0 and EVERYBODY wants to be the team that knocks us off our pedestal. This game reminds me A LOT of when we went against the Packers in 2011. It has the potential for TROUBLE written all over it.

brdempsey69
10-17-2013, 04:40 PM
My biggest concern this week is how our OL is going to do against the Texans D. JJ Watt usually plays on Fisher's side of the field. It is going to be a good test to see how he does.

Actually, Watt will line up on both sides, as I saw him do against the Rams last week. As for Fisher, there probably will be some bad plays, but it will be a question of how Fisher responds when it happens. Will he shrug it off and get the job done that next sequence of plays? Thus far he has. The O-Line in general will probably have some low moments. They simply have to hang in there & not fold up. Watt is listed at 6-5 and 289 lbs. and tremendously strong and uses great technique, but he's not unblockable. The Rams employed a lot of two TE sets and often just ran straight at the Texans & used play-action and with that forged an early lead in that game. Perhaps the Chiefs will do the same this Sunday.

No doubt in my mind that this could be a real "trap game". The Donks almost got trapped by the Jags. And the Texans could EASILY trap us. We need to play this game as if a trip to the Superbowl was riding on whether win or lose this game. We're 6-0 and EVERYBODY wants to be the team that knocks us off our pedestal. This game reminds me A LOT of when we went against the Packers in 2011. It has the potential for TROUBLE written all over it.

Agreed. The Chiefs need to treat the Texans like the playoff team that they were in 2012, even if the Texans are starting a rookie QB named Keenum.

Eydugstr
10-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Actually, Watt will line up on both sides, as I saw him do against the Rams last week. As for Fisher, there probably will be some bad plays, but it will be a question of how Fisher responds when it happens. Will he shrug it off and get the job done that next sequence of plays? Thus far he has. The O-Line in general will probably have some low moments. They simply have to hang in there & not fold up. Watt is listed at 6-5 and 289 lbs. and tremendously strong and uses great technique, but he's not unblockable. The Rams employed a lot of two TE sets and often just ran straight at the Texans & used play-action and with that forged an early lead in that game. Perhaps the Chiefs will do the same this Sunday.

Agreed. The Chiefs need to treat the Texans like the playoff team that they were in 2012, even if the Texans are starting a rookie QB named Keenum.

Well...Because of our TE situation I'm not sure we can field two TE's (sorry Chris Hall doesn't count...The man can catch a pass but blocking JJ Watt is just not going to happen.) But we can compensate for that with our RB's and FB.

brdempsey69
10-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Well...Because of our TE situation I'm not sure we can field two TE's (sorry Chris Hall doesn't count...The man can catch a pass but blocking JJ Watt is just not going to happen.) But we can compensate for that with our RB's and FB.

Fasano has participated in two light practices this week. The other TE's McGrath and Brock are not listed on the injury report.

You are quite correct about Chad Hall -- at 5-8 and 187 lbs, his chances of blocking JJ Watt are about as likely as a blizzard happening in Hawaii. You may have meant McGrath, but you are right on both counts.

The two TE sets allowed the Rams to deal with the Texans outside LB's, as they run a 3-4 and Watt lined up at DE and it allowed the members of the Rams interior 5 O-Lineman to double up on Watt. Watt didn't even get on the stat sheet, although he did manage to whack Sam Bradford at least once that I saw.

Eydugstr
10-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Fasano has participated in two light practices this week. The other TE's McGrath and Brock are not listed on the injury report.

You are quite correct about Chad Hall -- at 5-8 and 187 lbs, his chances of blocking JJ Watt are about as likely as a blizzard happening in Hawaii. You may have meant McGrath, but you are right on both counts.

The two TE sets allowed the Rams to deal with the Texans outside LB's, as they run a 3-4 and Watt lined up at DE and it allowed the members of the Rams interior 5 O-Lineman to double up on Watt. Watt didn't even get on the stat sheet, although he did manage to whack Sam Bradford at least once that I saw.

My bad...yes CHAD Hall, with McGrath being the other TE.

Still think that here's a good chance to mess with the Texan DC's game plan, run some two back sets (if we stick with the current short passing game) and use them similar to what the Rams did with their TE's. So far some of the best blocking I've seen has come from JC, and can see FB Sherman handling a linebacker.

Another thought is to keep working on the roll out plays (we finally have an offense that can do that now), but that sort of limits our passing game to one side of the field (whichever side Alex Smith rolls out towards). If Avery is able to get a step on their corners...pump fake short then go long. Haven't seen Alex do any pump fakes, but think he could pull that off. Everyone's so keyed up on our short passing game, and our recievers really struggle to break free or get open, might help if the QB baits the hook and see if they bite. If we roll out a lot, every time it would turn into a track meet for Watt, wear him down and then run at him late in the game. Could also set up a reverse for McCluster, but think that the Texans will see that coming if we do too many roll outs.

rodu
10-18-2013, 06:41 AM
Fasano has been practing all week, though it has been limited. Anyways, I think this is a trap game, beware

Seek
10-18-2013, 08:06 AM
Fasano has been practing all week, though it has been limited. Anyways, I think this is a trap game, beware

What does a trap game mean if this is a trap game. Are you saying the Chiefs are preparing for the Brown next week, or the Bills the Following and not preparing for the Texans who have played the complete opposit of a schedule from us comptetively losing to teams with winning records, because of stupid mistakes like fumbling a kick off returned for numerous Pick 6's.

This game scares me. I think the Texans are a very good team that is falling apart. Should they get their stuff together they could quickly expose the Chiefs as a team beating up on very poor teams with a weak schedule. No one but home Chiefs fans are taking this winning record as a true playoff contending team. All you hear is the defense is very good, BUT....

So as far as a trap game. This is the most imporatant game the Chiefs will play this week.

Eydugstr
10-18-2013, 08:30 AM
What does a trap game mean if this is a trap game. Are you saying the Chiefs are preparing for the Brown next week, or the Bills the Following and not preparing for the Texans who have played the complete opposit of a schedule from us comptetively losing to teams with winning records, because of stupid mistakes like fumbling a kick off returned for numerous Pick 6's.

This game scares me. I think the Texans are a very good team that is falling apart. Should they get their stuff together they could quickly expose the Chiefs as a team beating up on very poor teams with a weak schedule. No one but home Chiefs fans are taking this winning record as a true playoff contending team. All you hear is the defense is very good, BUT....

So as far as a trap game. This is the most imporatant game the Chiefs will play this week.

Some good points there...Agree with you definitely on not overlooking these guys.

If the Chiefs' offense wants respect from more fans, they gotta earn it. Wouldn't want it any other way. More concerned with the battles at the lines than anything else on this one. If we win at the trenches we should come out okay. Overall talent-wise they are a very good team, it just they got a unpopular QB situation on their hands.

ctchiefsfan
10-18-2013, 09:49 AM
I agree that Reid is probably well aware of the Texans potential and is probably sweating this one. I think he will have the team well prepared. I think it is probably more the fans that are looking past this game more so than the staff or players.

Seek
10-18-2013, 11:11 AM
I fully expect a heavy does of the Texans running the ball as much as they can, and then roll out plays allowing Keenum to run for the first down or dump it off.

Their defense is pretty dang good too, so I don't see much from our offense and just hope we don't turn it over and hope theirs does.

We will need to be loud and force their offense to make mistakes pushing them back to put them in 3rd and long situations where our defense strives. If the Texans can run on us, it will be a long long day.

Seek
10-18-2013, 11:17 AM
I agree that Reid is probably well aware of the Texans potential and is probably sweating this one. I think he will have the team well prepared. I think it is probably more the fans that are looking past this game more so than the staff or players.

Anyone looking past the Texans are people looking at records only. This team was a superbowl favorite before they lost a grip on things. This is not a good match up for us. The best thing for us is their QB situation. The previous QB's threw a pick 6 in numerous games. Even if 3rd string QB holds the ball and gets sacked for a 3 and 48 that is an improvement over giving up 6 points. Their defense can shut us down. As long as they don't turn it over, the Texans are improving from what they had. They have tons and tons of talent on that team to hurt the Chiefs.

jason1981
10-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Im just happy that we I cam finally expect the chiefs to win on a constant basis and feel they can win every game. Unlike the past few years we expected them to loose amd the only wuestion was how bad we would loose. So happy we can expect to win games again.

TopekaRoy
10-19-2013, 02:53 AM
Their defense is pretty dang good too...

...Their defense can shut us down...

I keep hearing stuff like this and it is true that the Texans are ranked 1st in the NFL in total yards allowed per game (252.8) and 1st in passing yds allowed (131.3). So why are they ranked 28th in points allowed per game (29.5)?

I looked at their last four games---all losses. Here is what I found:

@Ravens 30-Texans 9
The Ravens passed 24 times and ran the ball 31 times even though they only averaged 2.4 yds/rush. They converted 8 of 16 third downs. They scored a TD on a punt return and another on a interception and led 17-6 in the 2nd quarter. Houston also committed 14 penalties for 113 yds.

Seahawks 23-@Texans 20 (OT)
The Seahawks passed 23 times for 91 yds and rushed 30 times for 179 yds (6.0 ypc). Houston blew a 20-3 halftime lead with three turnovers in the 2nd half. Seattle score a FG on a 30 yd drive after recovering a fumble and returned an INT for a TD.

@49ers 34 -Texans 3
San Francisco only passed 15 times and ran the ball 31 times for 177 yds. Houston lost 1 fumble and threw 3 INTs. The 49ers led 21-0 at halftime. The 49ers returned an INT for a TD and scored another TD on a 35 yd drive after the Texans missed a FG. A 2nd INT set up a 35 yd drive for another TD. The fumble set up SF at the Houston 8 yd line and resulted in a FG.

Rams 38-@Texans 13
St. Louis only passed 16 times and ran the ball 25 times. Houston lost 2 fumbles and threw 2 pics. One of the INTs was returned 98 yds for a TD. They also had 95 yds in penalties. The Rams led 17-3 in the 2nd quarter.

Conclusion:
Houston's defensive stats are misleading. They lead the NFL in passing yds allowed because nobody is throwing the ball against them. They are ranked 25th in rushing yds allowed and probably would be ranked lower if teams had to go farther to score, so why would opponents throw the ball? Turnovers and special teams have been giving opponents very good field position. It's hard to put up big passing numbers on a 35 yd drive. They have also trailed by big margins early in most of their losses which is another reason teams would run the ball more and pass it less.

The NFL doesn't keep score by looking at statistics. They use points for that and Houston is ranked 26th in points per game (17.7) and 28th in points allowed (29.5).

Many here have been talking about how the Chiefs need to run the ball more early and get off to a fast start to put the game out of reach. Houston is the perfect team to do just that against. They have the 2nd most turnovers in the NFL with 15. Only the Giants are worse with 16. Our defense is a turnover producing machine and they should be able to feast on a rookie QB. We have one of the best rushers in the NFL in Jamaal Charles and Smith's short quick passing offense should result in a high number of completions.

And don't forget we have the loudest home crowd in the world!

The Chiefs will win and win big.

chiefnut
10-19-2013, 08:53 AM
most of the turnovers came from schaub, he is gone and we don't know about keenum 3. Keenum shattered records in college, including the NCAA career records for passing touchdowns and pass completions. In his final year at the University of Houston, he completed 71.0 percent of his passes for 5,631 yards, 48 touchdowns and five interceptions. lets hope that we confuse and blitz the crap out of him...but I hope he doesn't get in a groove against us

TopekaRoy
10-19-2013, 09:07 AM
most of the turnovers came from schaub, he is gone and we don't know about keenum 3. Keenum shattered records in college, including the NCAA career records for passing touchdowns and pass completions. In his final year at the University of Houston, he completed 71.0 percent of his passes for 5,631 yards, 48 touchdowns and five interceptions. lets hope that we confuse and blitz the crap out of him...but I hope he doesn't get in a groove against usYeah, that's pretty impressive, but keep in mind that most of those games were against Conference USA opponents. Not exactly the best competition. He replaced Kevin Kolb at U of H and how is he doing in the NFL?

ctchiefsfan
10-19-2013, 09:33 AM
TopekaRoy.....

Thank you for your most excellent look at the facts behind the statistics! Settled my ulcer down a bit.

That said, I'm still very nervous about this game. Keenum makes me nervous. Too many times over the years I have seen a new QB come into a lost game and just light things up. Change of pace, change of chemistry, lack of film prep? I dunno. But it happens too often to be ignored.

I'm very glad this game is at Arrowhead. That will make things rough for a QB that has no NFL experience.

Just wish it was Sunday. Nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof!

brdempsey69
10-19-2013, 09:40 AM
Well, it is good to see people looking forward to the next game as opposed to this time last year at this same time when people were looking forward to the season being over with and Pioli canned.

chiefnut
10-19-2013, 12:47 PM
I am becoming increasingly nervous about this game...the articles in arrowhead pride " a letter to case" and the 5 ? seemed to smell of arrogant overconfidence and border on trash talking. they seemed to dismiss the Texans qb as nothing more than target practice for the H & H train and their defense as a running backs paradise. I caution our team as well as our fans do NOT overlook this team. Watts may wreak havoc in our backfield, take away the turnovers and they would have beaten seattle.

TopekaRoy
10-19-2013, 01:35 PM
I am becoming increasingly nervous about this game...the articles in arrowhead pride " a letter to case" and the 5 ? seemed to smell of arrogant overconfidence and border on trash talking. they seemed to dismiss the Texans qb as nothing more than target practice for the H & H train and their defense as a running backs paradise. I caution our team as well as our fans do NOT overlook this team. Watts may wreak havoc in our backfield, take away the turnovers and they would have beaten seattle.

Those articles weren't written by Chiefs players, were they? The fans can overlook the Texans if they want to. It won't affect how the Chiefs play ... except for the fans that actually attend the game. They need to be loud like they were last week.

brdempsey69
10-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Those articles weren't written by Chiefs players, were they? The fans can overlook the Texans if they want to. It won't affect how the Chiefs play ... except for the fans that actually attend the game. They need to be loud like they were last week.

Good point. Kendrick Lewis said in the video interview called 'Under The Helmet' at kcchiefs.com that the team realizes they have a bullseye on their backs having gone 6-0 at this point.

However, chiefnut also makes a good point regarding those fatheaded derelicts at Arrowhead Pride posting their arrogant trash. They'd be better served to keep an even keel.

ctchiefsfan
10-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Must be nice for the fans that think that every new victory makes us world-beaters! As for me, every new victory makes me more worried about who we play next. And I am plenty worried about Houston. Just want Sunday to hurry up and get here.

As an aside, does anybody know our longest unbeaten streak from the start of a season?

brdempsey69
10-19-2013, 03:34 PM
Must be nice for the fans that think that every new victory makes us world-beaters! As for me, every new victory makes me more worried about who we play next. And I am plenty worried about Houston. Just want Sunday to hurry up and get here.

As an aside, does anybody know our longest unbeaten streak from the start of a season?

9-0 in 2003.

ctchiefsfan
10-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Thanks! That was what I thought. Just wanted to be sure. 6 down. 4 to go......wouldn't that be a kick in the pants????

Justin5772002
10-19-2013, 06:47 PM
Thanks! That was what I thought. Just wanted to be sure. 6 down. 4 to go......wouldn't that be a kick in the pants????

Going 10-0 means we beat Denver at mike high. I would love for that to happen but I don't think we put Denver on its arse that early

TopekaRoy
10-19-2013, 07:50 PM
Here's a fun factoid: In 6 games this year the Chiefs defense has given up 7 touchdowns.
In 6 games this year the Texans offense and special teams has also given up 7 touchdowns!

matthewschiefs
10-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Here's a fun factoid: In 6 games this year the Chiefs defense has given up 7 touchdowns.
In 6 games this year the Texans offense and special teams has also given up 7 touchdowns!

How many tds had we given up on offense by this time last year. We would have to be up near there

brdempsey69
10-19-2013, 11:55 PM
How many tds had we given up on offense by this time last year. We would have to be up near there

Actually there was 1 pick-six (San Diego) and one punt return (Buffalo). But there were a lot of blunders such as fumbles at the goal line ( Buffalo and Baltimore ) that didn't help the cause at all.

ctchiefsfan
10-20-2013, 03:32 AM
Ah hell! I just want us to keep winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TopekaRoy
10-22-2013, 04:33 AM
I keep hearing stuff like this and it is true that the Texans are ranked 1st in the NFL in total yards allowed per game (252.8) and 1st in passing yds allowed (131.3). So why are they ranked 28th in points allowed per game (29.5)?

I looked at their last four games---all losses. Here is what I found:

@Ravens 30-Texans 9
The Ravens passed 24 times and ran the ball 31 times even though they only averaged 2.4 yds/rush. They converted 8 of 16 third downs. They scored a TD on a punt return and another on a interception and led 17-6 in the 2nd quarter. Houston also committed 14 penalties for 113 yds.

Seahawks 23-@Texans 20 (OT)
The Seahawks passed 23 times for 91 yds and rushed 30 times for 179 yds (6.0 ypc). Houston blew a 20-3 halftime lead with three turnovers in the 2nd half. Seattle score a FG on a 30 yd drive after recovering a fumble and returned an INT for a TD.

@49ers 34 -Texans 3
San Francisco only passed 15 times and ran the ball 31 times for 177 yds. Houston lost 1 fumble and threw 3 INTs. The 49ers led 21-0 at halftime. The 49ers returned an INT for a TD and scored another TD on a 35 yd drive after the Texans missed a FG. A 2nd INT set up a 35 yd drive for another TD. The fumble set up SF at the Houston 8 yd line and resulted in a FG.

Rams 38-@Texans 13
St. Louis only passed 16 times and ran the ball 25 times. Houston lost 2 fumbles and threw 2 pics. One of the INTs was returned 98 yds for a TD. They also had 95 yds in penalties. The Rams led 17-3 in the 2nd quarter.

Conclusion:
Houston's defensive stats are misleading. They lead the NFL in passing yds allowed because nobody is throwing the ball against them. They are ranked 25th in rushing yds allowed and probably would be ranked lower if teams had to go farther to score, so why would opponents throw the ball? Turnovers and special teams have been giving opponents very good field position. It's hard to put up big passing numbers on a 35 yd drive. They have also trailed by big margins early in most of their losses which is another reason teams would run the ball more and pass it less.

The NFL doesn't keep score by looking at statistics. They use points for that and Houston is ranked 26th in points per game (17.7) and 28th in points allowed (29.5).

Many here have been talking about how the Chiefs need to run the ball more early and get off to a fast start to put the game out of reach. Houston is the perfect team to do just that against. They have the 2nd most turnovers in the NFL with 15. Only the Giants are worse with 16. Our defense is a turnover producing machine and they should be able to feast on a rookie QB. We have one of the best rushers in the NFL in Jamaal Charles and Smith's short quick passing offense should result in a high number of completions.

And don't forget we have the loudest home crowd in the world!

The Chiefs will win and win big.

dgsdgssdgg