PDA

View Full Version : How good REALLY is denver and KC ???

chiefnut
10-24-2013, 12:49 PM
on espn collectively agreed led by herm E and stink that the CHIEFS are only the 3rd or 4th best team in the AFC based on the fact they only played one team w/a winning record so far. however until the loss to the colts the broncs were crowned the undisputed team to represent the afc in the super bowl. well they have only played 2 teams w/winning records and have lost to one of them. the CHIEFS opponents combined record 15-33, the doncs 18-30....not a big difference. I am beginning to think that manning & co. may not be the juggernaut we were led to believe now I am less apprehensive and more excited to see how our CHIEFS fair against them after seeing how they have done against our common opponents. it will be hard for the team to stay focused against the browns and bills with the donks on the horizon, but cleveland should still be a winnable game but I fear the bills in buffalo as a let down/trap game as they look ahead.

Lord-Chiefy
10-24-2013, 01:05 PM
Yea..bad they are bad cc records cause we best them and Denver beat them!!! That's why they have badcrecirds!!! Duh

chiefnut
10-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Yea..bad they are bad cc records cause we best them and Denver beat them!!! That's why they have badcrecirds!!! Duh I have no idea what you just said??????

Justin5772002
10-24-2013, 01:24 PM
Chargers and raiders are leaving a mark on opposing teams records as well, it's just that our division is definately the strongest division in the game

matthewschiefs
10-24-2013, 01:25 PM
The media is in bed with the donkeys and so is the NFL. No surprise it's always been that way.

We can make them respect us by beating Denver then they'll have to respect us. I just ignore the media

And I think what lord was saying is that some of the teams that have the losing records would have winning records if the Chiefs and Denver didn't beat them

chiefnut
10-24-2013, 01:33 PM
its good that we play the nfc east that should be 4 easy wins, however the fact they are so bad does lessen the win, but hey who cares if it gets us to the playoffs

mcclusterfan1982
10-24-2013, 02:12 PM
The Chargers beat the Colts and that tells you something about the AFC West. The AFC West is good. Raiders are the only poor team, and they are not even terrible.

Eydugstr
10-24-2013, 03:55 PM
The media is in bed with the donkeys and so is the NFL. No surprise it's always been that way.

We can make them respect us by beating Denver then they'll have to respect us. I just ignore the media

And I think what lord was saying is that some of the teams that have the losing records would have winning records if the Chiefs and Denver didn't beat them

That's it in a nutshell. If it wasn't for Manning I'm not sure the media would even love Denver that much. Also look at who's doing some of the talking (Herm Edwards.) This year is one of those weird years when eveyone in the AFC West is really strong.

doobs_05
10-24-2013, 04:12 PM
That's it in a nutshell. If it wasn't for Manning I'm not sure the media would even love Denver that much. Also look at who's doing some of the talking (Herm Edwards.) This year is one of those weird years when eveyone in the AFC West is really strong.

If denver got to the playoffs last year 13-3 and started 6-0 without manning....yes they would be talking about them.

I feel like people are forgeting KC went 2-14 last year. Yes they have new coaches and a QB, but they haven't proved much, except the defense is good when the offense doesn't mess up.

kcvet
10-24-2013, 06:17 PM
so, how many contenders have the donkeys played so far???

TopekaRoy
10-24-2013, 06:27 PM
I agree with Doobs. I think the Colts are better than Denver because they beat the Broncos (6-1), Seahawks (6-1) and 49ers (5-2). That is pretty impressive. The Donkys best wins are against the Cowboys (4-3) and Ravens (3-4). The Chiefs haven't played Denver or Indy yet so we really don't know where we stand relative to those two teams. We can look at common opponents and see that the Chiefs obviously have a better defense and Denver has the better offense, but that doesn't really tell us who is better overall.

The good news is that we play both the Broncos (twice) and the Colts so the Chiefs will have a chance to end the debate once and for all. They just haven't done it, yet​.

Eydugstr
10-24-2013, 06:33 PM
If denver got to the playoffs last year 13-3 and started 6-0 without manning....yes they would be talking about them.

I feel like people are forgeting KC went 2-14 last year. Yes they have new coaches and a QB, but they haven't proved much, except the defense is good when the offense doesn't mess up.

Yeah, but ESPN would be talking about them in a much different light, like they got something annoying caught in their eye.

Most KC fans ARE trying to forget the 2012 season. Enough said. In terms of accomplishment, going from 2-14 to 7-0 in one season is a big deal. Yeah, our offense needs some work, but it's definitely not from lack of trying. It'll take time to build a roster that dominates on both sides of the ball.

matthewschiefs
10-24-2013, 06:34 PM

If they didn't have Manning they would still be talked about but not like they are now. This is nothing new, the Colts were handed superbowl after superbowl preseason by the media when he was there.

matthewschiefs
10-24-2013, 06:39 PM
I agree with Doobs. I think the Colts are better than Denver because they beat the Broncos (6-1), Seahawks (6-1) and 49ers (5-2). That is pretty impressive. The Donkys best wins are against the Cowboys (4-3) and Ravens (3-4). The Chiefs haven't played Denver or Indy yet so we really don't know where we stand relative to those two teams. We can look at common opponents and see that the Chiefs obviously have a better defense and Denver has the better offense, but that doesn't really tell us who is better overall.

The good news is that we play both the Broncos (twice) and the Colts so the Chiefs will have a chance to end the debate once and for all. They just haven't done it, yet​.

Indy seems to be an up and down team to me. They really controled the game against Denver for the most part. Then they laid an egg on there MNF game. They're a good team and contenders for sure

kcvet
10-24-2013, 06:43 PM
he's there to break all the records. that's why the media attention. lets see how he does after an L and an ankle injury

matthewschiefs
10-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Most KC fans ARE trying to forget the 2012 season. Enough said. In terms of accomplishment, going from 2-14 to 7-0 in one season is a big deal. Yeah, our offense needs some work, but it's definitely not from lack of trying. It'll take time to build a roster that dominates on both sides of the ball.

Going from 2-14 to 7-0 is very much a big deal. Regardless of who they've beaten last year they weren't beating ANYONE. They played some bad teams last year to.

The offense isn't great but I tell you I've seen progress from where they were. Alex Smith has yet to really be impressive but he has not been nearly as bad as some fans think. The people who complain about him from what I've seen give him no credit for what he has done with his legs. That's an added weapon to the offense that we haven't seen. Instead of a QB who panics and puts the ball up for grabs Alex can make things happen. He's still working on getting in tune with his WRS people have to understand that going to a new team running a brand new system you're not going to just come in and be an amazing offense. It takes time. By the end of the season this offense could be right where we need it to be.

kcvet
10-24-2013, 08:50 PM
on espn collectively agreed led by herm E and stink that the CHIEFS are only the 3rd or 4th best team in the AFC based on the fact they only played one team w/a winning record so far. however until the loss to the colts the broncs were crowned the undisputed team to represent the afc in the super bowl. well they have only played 2 teams w/winning records and have lost to one of them. the CHIEFS opponents combined record 15-33, the doncs 18-30....not a big difference. I am beginning to think that manning & co. may not be the juggernaut we were led to believe now I am less apprehensive and more excited to see how our CHIEFS fair against them after seeing how they have done against our common opponents. it will be hard for the team to stay focused against the browns and bills with the donks on the horizon, but cleveland should still be a winnable game but I fear the bills in buffalo as a let down/trap game as they look ahead.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2nrkmkm.jpg

I don't like those trap games either

chief31
10-25-2013, 08:22 PM
I have no problem with the medias take on the two teams.

The Donkos have looked amazing, and The Chiefs have sqeaked by a whole lot.

And, lets face it, offense shines brighter than defense. A win with 50 points always garners more attention than a win with 17.

And I remain VERY cautious in my optimism. This is basically the same team that lost 14 games last season. And frequently looks just like that team.

I, for one, don't feel real confident in any game yet.

Eydugstr
10-25-2013, 09:19 PM
The offense isn't great but I tell you I've seen progress from where they were. Alex Smith has yet to really be impressive but he has not been nearly as bad as some fans think. The people who complain about him from what I've seen give him no credit for what he has done with his legs. That's an added weapon to the offense that we haven't seen. Instead of a QB who panics and puts the ball up for grabs Alex can make things happen. He's still working on getting in tune with his WRS people have to understand that going to a new team running a brand new system you're not going to just come in and be an amazing offense. It takes time. By the end of the season this offense could be right where we need it to be.

Very true. A lot of people don't factor in how complex Reid's offense is compared to what we had under Brian Daboll. Past couple of games I've seen Alex take some shots downfield that he didn't earlier in the season. When he runs, he's very north/south, straight line & off he goes. It has improved some, but if the Chiefs can somehow end the silly revolving door at TE, and get a little more consistent play from our WR's, we'll see passing numbers go up, more first downs and better red zone production.

tornadospotter
10-27-2013, 11:14 AM
I could care less what the over paid talking heads say. As long as there is a new number in the win column no matter the record of the team beaten is, each win makes this team better. Each win makes this Team stronger.

kcvet
10-27-2013, 11:30 AM
at first they reported Manning has an ankle injury. on a bronc forum they say:

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 32m Both of P. Manning's ankles are sprained, including a high right ankle sprain aggravated by Robert Mathis' 2nd sack. Pain killer for today.Retweeted by Adam Schefter

brdempsey69
10-27-2013, 11:35 AM
It's reported that Peyton Manning has TWO ankle sprains.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000269890/article/report-peyton-manning-has-two-sprained-ankles

kcvet
10-27-2013, 11:49 AM
It's reported that Peyton Manning has TWO ankle sprains.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000269890/article/report-peyton-manning-has-two-sprained-ankles

High ankle sprains are typically quite serious and debilitating. Wonder if it's his plant foot with the high sprain? and its pain killer meds to play

Eydugstr
10-27-2013, 11:56 AM
That's curable. Really. I have two magical aspirin, priced on sale (especially for Peyton) at 47.5 million apiece.

brdempsey69
10-27-2013, 11:59 AM
The thing I noticed was that Manning wasn't getting hit by opposing defenders until this last game at Indy. You can bet when the Donks come to KC, that he's going to get hit quite often. If he can't hold up, then too bad.

ctchiefsfan
10-27-2013, 12:18 PM
I expect we will find out more about Manning's condition today. Wish it was going to be more of a test than the Redskins. The Donkeys bought themselves an aging and often injured quarterback. I wonder if that decision is about to bite them in the butt?

kcvet
10-27-2013, 12:27 PM
and how much pain killers before your loopy ???

spiman
10-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Lets get to week 11..Then we will see. A win in Denver will put this thread to bed