PDA

View Full Version : Washington 21 - Denver 7 in 2nd half.

Frankenchief
10-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Peyton looks average.

So far so good.

Lewis_Chiefs
10-27-2013, 06:20 PM
If they're still 2 scores down in the fourth I'll get excited but there's still far too much time left yet.

brdempsey69
10-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Up until today, Peyton was dropping a big pile of numbers on opposing Defenses.

Today, thus far, Peyton is dropping a big pile in the back of his shorts.

matthewschiefs
10-27-2013, 06:24 PM
I still want to no why denver is allowed to run pick plays for there Wrs

brdempsey69
10-27-2013, 06:26 PM
I still want to no why denver is allowed to run pick plays for there Wrs

Not just that, but the pushoffs that their WR's get away with is horrendous.

Lewis_Chiefs
10-27-2013, 06:38 PM
It's just a given that a Broncos player will cry to refs after every play. They will moan at anything.

brdempsey69
10-27-2013, 06:52 PM
It looks like the Skins are fumbling it away. RGIII with three straight incomplete passes and they are going to turn it back over to the Donks.

And a blazing 15- yard punt to follow giving the Donks the ball at the Skins 35-yard line.

Lewis_Chiefs
10-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Sliced 'skins punt, and Washington have completely collapsed.

jap1
10-27-2013, 06:54 PM
It looks like the Skins are fumbling it away. RGIII with three straight incomplete passes and they are going to turn it back over to the Donks.

Those dropped passes are going to kill them. Right in the hands!

Lewis_Chiefs
10-27-2013, 06:59 PM
I hope the Donks aren't getting away with those picks on their crossing routes when they play the Chiefs.

Frankenchief
10-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Well, so much for the early excitement. :(

matthewschiefs
10-27-2013, 07:33 PM
I hope the Donks aren't getting away with those picks on their crossing routes when they play the Chiefs.

They get away with it EVERY week. It's what there offense is based on. without the NFLs help they wouldn't be nearly as good as they are

brdempsey69
10-27-2013, 07:53 PM

They get away with it EVERY week. It's what there offense is based on. without the NFLs help they wouldn't be nearly as good as they are

Pretty pathetic to have to have violations of the rules needed to help win ball games, just like we saw with the Donkeys in '97 and '98.

The Donks WR's would not have gotten away those pick plays back in the early to mid '50's when there was a LB by the name of Hardy Brown who just about nearly killed opposing players when he hit them & in 1951 alone, Hardy Brown personally sent 21 opposing players to the hospital unconscious. His hitting technique was to spring up and blast opponents with a vicious shoulder hit and he'd often catch opponents right under the chin with it. Often times before games, opposing teams would have the games officials inspect Hardy's shoulder pads to see if there were metal reinforcements. The refs never found any. Brown wasn't dirty, he was just MEAN. WR's didn't try any pick plays on Hardy Brown because they knew they'd likely end up in the hospital.

Maybe Denver's upcoming opponents should develop this same principle to get them to stop running those illegal pick plays.

jap1
10-27-2013, 09:03 PM
I may be wrong, but I BELIEVE those pick plays are legal ... barely, but they are legal. You are allowed contact within 5 yards as long as the ball is not in the air. What they do is busmp the defenders for a second and then "release." If their timing is off, it would be a flag cuz the ball would be in the air. There are 2 keys to what they do: a) a lot of times that brief contact is enough to create enough space for someone like Manning to get the ball in there and b) they position themselves between the defender and the ball, so when the ball is in the air and they "release" it looks like the defender is the one causing the contact as he tries to get to the ball.

I may be wrong, but I think the Donks are just good at getting around the nuances of the rules.

Frankenchief
10-27-2013, 09:29 PM
GOD I'm ashamed of starting this thread!! :(

What a total implosion by Washington!!!