PDA

View Full Version : Game 9 thoughts

matthewschiefs
11-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Going into the bye this game shows there is a TON to work on

The good

The defense getting scores That's what won the game it's pretty simple But that's the only good I can think of from this game outside of the fact that it was a win. That feels again like a loss in some ways

But 9-0 got to be happy with that a winning season secured going into the bye week

The Bad

The offense was HORRIBLE mistakes from all involed Smith Bowe Mccluster the Playcalling was Horrible how can a team with Charles have a 25 to 7 pass to run difference? That's not putting the offense in a spot to do well. It hurt the offense and that has to go on Reid as he is the playcaller. He can't just not run the football. But the offense still made mistakes on plays they should have made It was a horrible showing for the offense

The defense allowed way to many long drives and runs. They were very lucky they were able to get the turnovers. And The Bills to made some mistakes with some drops. VERY lucky indeed. Even on the Pick 6 the Bills had a guy wide open in the endzone. This is one that the Chiefs were very lucky to win

Overall This team found a way to win yet again. That's what good teams do. But now it's going to get a whole lot harder Denver is coming up and the offense is going to have to start showing up. The bye weeks gives them time to work on what they need to work on and that's a lot lets hope they get it done.

BRING ON THE DONKEYS

Eydugstr
11-03-2013, 04:14 PM
The O-line improved some today. Smith's numbers were awful, but if WR's had focused on catching the ball his numbers would've been up some.

Game ball goes to Marcus Cooper. He's playing great football.

jap1
11-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Going into the bye this game shows there is a TON to work on

The good

The defense getting scores That's what won the game it's pretty simple But that's the only good I can think of from this game outside of the fact that it was a win. That feels again like a loss in some ways

But 9-0 got to be happy with that a winning season secured going into the bye week

The Bad

The offense was HORRIBLE mistakes from all involed Smith Bowe Mccluster the Playcalling was Horrible how can a team with Charles have a 25 to 7 pass to run difference? That's not putting the offense in a spot to do well. It hurt the offense and that has to go on Reid as he is the playcaller. He can't just not run the football. But the offense still made mistakes on plays they should have made It was a horrible showing for the offense

The defense allowed way to many long drives and runs. They were very lucky they were able to get the turnovers. And The Bills to made some mistakes with some drops. VERY lucky indeed. Even on the Pick 6 the Bills had a guy wide open in the endzone. This is one that the Chiefs were very lucky to win

Overall This team found a way to win yet again. That's what good teams do. But now it's going to get a whole lot harder Denver is coming up and the offense is going to have to start showing up. The bye weeks gives them time to work on what they need to work on and that's a lot lets hope they get it done.

BRING ON THE DONKEYS

Where are you getting 25-7 pass to run difference?

jap1
11-03-2013, 04:16 PM
0 sacks and a lot of rushing yards given up. Is the Buffalo OL that good (doubt it since they've give up a lot of sacks) or did our DL not bring their game today?

Pro_Angler
11-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Denver coach Fox heart surgery out for several weeks. He must have been watching tape on our D and had a attack.

jason1981
11-03-2013, 04:17 PM
I think this was our ugliest win of the year. Our offense was no where and only got 2 field goals.

jason1981
11-03-2013, 04:18 PM
My bad 3 field goals.

Pro_Angler
11-03-2013, 04:18 PM
DMC drop easy TD almost cost us big.

matthewschiefs
11-03-2013, 04:20 PM
Where are you getting 25-7 pass to run difference?

That's what the first half play calling was it was actually 27-7 my mistake they ran 27 pass plays 7 runing plays in the first half.

matthewschiefs
11-03-2013, 04:20 PM
DMC drop easy TD almost cost us big.

Yes it did he has to catch that football it hurt big time

Pro_Angler
11-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Charles 74 yds rushing 2nd half

Pro_Angler
11-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Skins beat farters in ot.. I likey..

Frankenchief
11-03-2013, 04:37 PM
The O-line improved some today. Smith's numbers were awful, but if WR's had focused on catching the ball his numbers would've been up some.

Game ball goes to Marcus Cooper. He's playing great football.
O-line SUCKED. Other O-lines against our #1 D give ample time to their unknown QBs to toss completion after completion. Ours makes our veteran QB a 4.1 Ypp passer. I'm not dismissing Smith's own shortcomings, but our O-line didn't do spit in the first half and little more than that in the 2nd.

Hudson is a joke. We badly need a dominating center. Out LT is not earning his money either.

Frankenchief
11-03-2013, 04:40 PM
0 sacks and a lot of rushing yards given up. Is the Buffalo OL that good (doubt it since they've give up a lot of sacks) or did our DL not bring their game today?
The other teams have 8 weeks of film on our D. they have been figured out. They are still a great D but at this stage of the season the O needs to help them maintain the aura of invincibility. If the O puts the team in a winning situation our D will regain the sacks, simply because the other team has to adjust for non-defensive scores.

Frankenchief
11-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Andy I love you, but it's time to bring your playcalling and your O-line coaches under question.

matthewschiefs
11-03-2013, 04:45 PM
O-line SUCKED. Other O-lines against our #1 D give ample time to their unknown QBs to toss completion after completion. Ours makes our veteran QB a 4.1 Ypp passer. I'm not dismissing Smith's own shortcomings, but our O-line didn't do spit in the first half and little more than that in the 2nd.

Hudson is a joke. We badly need a dominating center. Out LT is not earning his money either.

The LT that spent this past offseason telling everyone that he was worth top 5 money doesn't get enough flack he just has not played well this year.

Eydugstr
11-03-2013, 04:49 PM

Notice how I said "some"....The first couple of series we sucked on the O-line, but after that they held their own against Buffalo's great D. It was dropped passes that really, really hurt the offense today.

I'd have to agree about Hudson. He's not terrible but he does not dominate, either.

Frankenchief
11-03-2013, 04:51 PM
A couple of more thoughts:

1- Don't you get a feeling that Buffalo has stumbled upon a future HOF HC? This guy's system has put competitive teams on the field with nothing QBs.

2- The interference penalty in the endzone was atrocious. The ball was totally uncatchable and our guy barely touched their TE.

3- The roughing the passer against flowers was even atrocious to the power of 2. flowers did everything to avoid the QB and barely brushed by him. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!!! ROUGHING THE PASSER?!!! The QB took a dive and the stupid officials bought it completely. :sign0135:

4- The NFL has clearly gone back to not calling holdings against Tamba Hali. He was being manhandled so many times. Was a holding call ever called? I don't recall.

texaschief
11-03-2013, 04:56 PM
This team is regressing on both sides

Frankenchief
11-03-2013, 04:59 PM
5- Atlanta lost 34-10. So much for Mr. Dimitrov's stupid cover story of wanting to get to the playoffs this season. Yes a cover story, to cover the fact that he was being a dick to the Chiefs and Tony Gonzalez on behalf of his good buddy Scott Pioli. I don't care what you all think of TG, but the man seems to have been the only O the falcons could muster. He takes care of his body and I bet he still has a good 2 years of NFL in him.

Bike
11-03-2013, 05:03 PM
This team is regressing on both sidesBut we still won! We haven't won in Buf**** since 1986. 27 years! I really believe that to be 9-0 going into the bye week makes us a team of destiny!

brdempsey69
11-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Already seeing these types of posts going on around the web.

"I can't wait to see the Chiefs get beat by the Donkeys by at least 21 points."

Oh really? Better consider that Andy Reid is 13-1 lifetime coming off the bye week before making any predictions.

But now, finally, we can focus on and talk about that upcoming game with the Donkeys and the Chiefs do have two weeks to get ready for it. This is going to get very interesting.

Bike
11-03-2013, 05:06 PM

Oh really? Better consider that Andy Reid is 13-1 lifetime coming off the bye week before making any predictions.

But now, finally, we can focus on and talk about that upcoming game with the Donkeys and the Chiefs do have two weeks to get ready for it. This is going to get very interesting.That's a pretty interesting stat. What was the loss?

brdempsey69
11-03-2013, 05:09 PM
That's a pretty interesting stat. What was the loss?

I believe that happened last year at a time the Eagles had completely imploded.

Pro_Angler
11-03-2013, 05:11 PM
We had to give Dorsey the money we had no better options.

Eydugstr
11-03-2013, 05:14 PM

But now, finally, we can focus on and talk about that upcoming game with the Donkeys and the Chiefs do have two weeks to get ready for it. This is going to get very interesting.

Agreed. Can already hear the clomp of Shannon Sharpe's jaws as he flaps them wildly over how the Chiefs didn't deserve this game, yadda yadda yadda...

As much as this game was a very ugly win, but hey we're 9-0, got a bye week to help get some of our guys of the injured list, and have a whole lotta film to look out (thanks Denver supporting media!) so we can do our best against the mighty forehead & the rest of the Invesco Jack@$$ club.

nigeriannightmare
11-03-2013, 05:17 PM
This team is regressing on both sides

How so? We are gonna get every teams best puncb. We won despite mistakes that should have cost us the game. We should be encouraged to see us win inspite of poor play. We have yet to put 4 quarters of good football together.

nigeriannightmare
11-03-2013, 05:17 PM
I mean missed tackles galore, dropped balls galore. No pressure. We shouldn't have won and we won by 10.

Pro_Angler
11-03-2013, 05:29 PM
We are infact regressing. Any one watching can see it. I can't even read the web news discission.. so many ignorant haters!!

brdempsey69
11-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Agreed. Can already hear the clomp of Shannon Sharpe's jaws as he flaps them wildly over how the Chiefs didn't deserve this game, yadda yadda yadda...

As much as this game was a very ugly win, but hey we're 9-0, got a bye week to help get some of our guys of the injured list, and have a whole lotta film to look out (thanks Denver supporting media!) so we can do our best against the mighty forehead & the rest of the Invesco Jack@$$ club.

I personally did not believe the Chiefs would win this game at Buffalo. Rich Stadium/Ralph Wilson stadium has been nothing but a chamber of horrors for the Chiefs since it opened in 1973 and any time the Chiefs can get a win there, I'll take it, knowing that they were damn lucky. Look at the number of upsets that happened already this weekend.

I don't care about what that liver-lipped ex-Donkey Shannon Sharpe says, because he wants the league to recreate the scenario that we saw regarding the Donk's in '97 and '98. Sharpe knows in his heart and mind the Donkeys didn't win those SB's outright & that the deck was stacked to give his fellow Donkey, Turd Elway, a going-away present because Elway was never going to win a SB outright on a level playing field. Elway wasn't good enough to do that.

I hope the Chiefs give Manning, Turd Elway, Sharpe and the rest of the Donkeys a rude awakening on Nov. 17.

Anyone remember the 1986 Giants? Phil Simms said that this years Chiefs team is very similar to his '86 Giants.

Justin5772002
11-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Coming into this game buffalo's defense was ranked 2nd behind the chiefs if I can recall. We put together a tough win against a team that is almost a mirror image of us. Our defense held their team to 13 points. Nothing to be ashamed of. They have a probowl caliber back that didn't get into the end zone much either

Pro_Angler
11-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Nice info .. you are correct their D was number 2

brdempsey69
11-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Do take note that once again Alex Smith did NOT turn the ball over to the Bills ( almost, but Fisher recovered his fumble ).

If there was one game that I had thought the Chiefs might get victimized by a rash of turnovers, then I figured it would be this game at Buffalo.

NJChiefs
11-03-2013, 06:49 PM
You guys are the most depressing bunch of fans of an undefeated team in the history of the NFL. The Saints lost to the Jets. the Seahawks are losing to the Bucs, and the Patriots are tied with the Steelers. And you guys are whining. 9-0. Enjoy. Start complaining the first time we get blown out. This could be a charmed team of destiny. Or not. We have at least two more weeks to bask in undefeatedness.

jap1
11-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Coming into this game buffalo's defense was ranked 2nd behind the chiefs if I can recall. We put together a tough win against a team that is almost a mirror image of us. Our defense held their team to 13 points. Nothing to be ashamed of. They have a probowl caliber back that didn't get into the end zone much either

Thats a very good point. Our D did bend a lot, but it only broke (for a TD) once, and we came up with the turnovers at just the right time.

matthewschiefs
11-03-2013, 07:21 PM
You guys are the most depressing bunch of fans of an undefeated team in the history of the NFL. The Saints lost to the Jets. the Seahawks are losing to the Bucs, and the Patriots are tied with the Steelers. And you guys are whining. 9-0. Enjoy. Start complaining the first time we get blown out. This could be a charmed team of destiny. Or not. We have at least two more weeks to bask in undefeatedness.

If you think people here are whining then do yourself a favor and dont look at other chiefs sites

I think everyone on here is thrilled to be 9-0 but it's not whining to talk about areas they need to improve rest assure Andy Reid is doing the same thing. That's what forums are all about. Stating opinions both good and bad. Not one person has said this team can't win not one person has said this team is done. Just areas where they need to improve

garciakcfan
11-03-2013, 07:41 PM
It is kind of annoying listening to your teams fans rip them when they and an undefeated 9-0!! I personally question for fanhood!! GO CHIEFS!!!

NJChiefs
11-03-2013, 07:48 PM
If you think people here are whining then do yourself a favor and dont look at other chiefs sites

I think everyone on here is thrilled to be 9-0 but it's not whining to talk about areas they need to improve rest assure Andy Reid is doing the same thing. That's what forums are all about. Stating opinions both good and bad. Not one person has said this team can't win not one person has said this team is done. Just areas where they need to improve

OK. I am just so sick and f*ing tired of reading, " I see this game as a loss. " You all seems to care more about statististics than guts, heart, attitude and wins. I suspect that many of you would rather see us lose games that we should have won statistically rather than the converse. Maybe they should throw out wins and losses and just have a statistical Super Bowl. How about THIS statistic. The Chiefs have outscored their opponents by a margin of 2:1. Counts for nothing on these forums. Just ranting, but I want to enjoy this, so perhaps I'll give the forums a rest for a couple of weeks and come back on after we spank the Donks in Denver.

nigeriannightmare
11-03-2013, 08:15 PM

Dwayne bowe owe drops what may have a been a TD when we were inside the 15. Dexter drops a sure fire TD, that's a 11 point swing (still got a field goal with bowe, got nothing with mccluster a drop) and we are all singing a different tune. Once we actually put four quarters of good football together watch out.

this is still a new coaching staff with, with a QB learning a new system. And we are 9 and 0. People are looking way to into this. Sit back and enjoy friends. Doesn't happen often.

matthewschiefs
11-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Dwayne bowe owe drops what may have a been a TD when we were inside the 15. Dexter drops a sure fire TD, that's a 11 point swing (still got a field goal with bowe, got nothing with mccluster a drop) and we are all singing a different tune. Once we actually put four quarters of good football together watch out.

this is still a new coaching staff with, with a QB learning a new system. And we are 9 and 0. People are looking way to into this. Sit back and enjoy friends. Doesn't happen often.

All very true. That's what makes it so frustrating to watch at times.

And add to it the play calling didn't help when Reid just refused to run the football. We ran the ball pretty well. There's no reason to have a 27 pass to 7 run offense with Charles very frustrating but it's not anything that can't be fixed. They have the bye week to work on these issues lets hope they get the job done.

Sick Dog
11-03-2013, 09:03 PM
I think Reid gets things done in the bye week and figures somethings out to help the "O"...the great thing is the "O" has not reached anywhere near their potential an ya they are 9-0...by the way another road win they are tough to come by especially in that stadium for the Chiefs...this place is going to be crazy after the Broncos game...we are either going to have ledge jumpers or people saying the Super bowl trophy should already have Chiefs name engraved on it...:lol:

Justin5772002
11-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Ponder this, the Houston texans scored 16 points total against the Chiefs. Playing the Colts they have 14 unanswered points in the first quarter. Do the Colts have a soft defense? Last I checked their defense beat Peyton Mannings broncos. There's something special about The Chiefs' defense people, how about we just celebrate that! What a feat!!!

nigeriannightmare
11-03-2013, 09:25 PM
All very true. That's what makes it so frustrating to watch at times.

And add to it the play calling didn't help when Reid just refused to run the football. We ran the ball pretty well. There's no reason to have a 27 pass to 7 run offense with Charles very frustrating but it's not anything that can't be fixed. They have the bye week to work on these issues lets hope they get the job done.

The he play calling is very frustrating. I have confidence it will get better. All I know is regardless of an anemic offense we are still winning. I don't know why the wait so late in the game to start running. And for the love of Pete give knife or Cyrus a couple carries.

ctchiefsfan
11-03-2013, 09:27 PM
My take.....

No...we have not reached this teams full potential. And while every win in a 9-0 streak is BEAUTIFUL, there is no doubt that they could be "more impressive". And I hate seeing Smith running his ash off and, and, and.....

But hold on a just a cotton picking minute....

We have gone from 2-14 to 9-0!!! I repeat...The CHIEFS are 9-0!

Sure....I'd like to see us winning some of these games by 20+ points and I'd really like to see a few games that we put away by halftime, but I would like everybody to consider a few things. We have seen our offense play some VERY GOOD FOOTBALL. Not for a whole game, but we have seen enough good performance to know that they can play amazing football. And I shouldn't even need to mention how great our D has been. Sure they have had some breakdowns, but once this defense decides it's time to put the other team away they do it. And if need be they do it even when the offense isn't scoring much. Somehow this defense has combined the best of both the "bend but don't break" with a serious attacking mentality. And it is paying off like crazy!!!

THIS IS VERY GOOD CHIEFS TEAM!!!!!

NJChiefs
11-03-2013, 10:04 PM
So anybody catch those lousy backup QBs that the Chiefs have been so lucky to face? Case Keenum is tearing the Colts to bits in the first half. And the Browns and the Titans won behind their repective backups as well. We are 9-0. Nuff said.

ctchiefsfan
11-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Hey Jersey!!! You stick around! I need another East Coast fan here!!!

Pro_Angler
11-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Yea those "crappy teams" we beat sure are looking good against the "NFL elite"

matthewschiefs
11-03-2013, 11:21 PM
The he play calling is very frustrating. I have confidence it will get better. All I know is regardless of an anemic offense we are still winning. I don't know why the wait so late in the game to start running. And for the love of Pete give knife or Cyrus a couple carries.

It's been somthing that Reid has done from time to time since he was in Philly sometimes he gets to pass happy. That's what happened today. I don't think he will make that mistake against Denver I trust that Reid will be smart enough to know that we will need to see a good running game to beat Denver and keep our offense on the field

jason1981
11-04-2013, 01:08 AM
It's been somthing that Reid has done from time to time since he was in Philly sometimes he gets to pass happy. That's what happened today. I don't think he will make that mistake against Denver I trust that Reid will be smart enough to know that we will need to see a good running game to beat Denver and keep our offense on the field

Im not to confident he will stick to a run game. I thought I liked more passing but not this kind of passing. If were going to pass alot with tbis oline. We need a quick pass attack. Snap it and throw. Iv seen a few times where alex holds it to long and then he misses the open person. Not sure if hes reading his other reads first or not but there was some that he was just indecisive. Reid is way to pass happy this yesr. This aint the eagles. We dont have the wr yet to do that. What reid needs to do is switch to a power run and play action type lf offense. Thats the what our offense personal fits best. Besides alex accuracy kn deep balls. It's like we traded for smith and no changed our offense amd forced our personal to play an offense that doesnt suit them well. We need to lkwy to our players strengths amd not force a system on them. Id almost bet todd haley could get more out of this offense right now than reid could. At least he had bowe looking like a pro bowler and charles in rushing. Were lacking wr to do this spread west coast offense.

mejohnm
11-04-2013, 03:01 AM
I also like to note that the Chiefs finally beat Buffalo at their turf. Finally broken that dry spell.

jap1
11-04-2013, 06:04 AM
So anybody catch those lousy backup QBs that the Chiefs have been so lucky to face? Case Keenum is tearing the Colts to bits in the first half. And the Browns and the Titans won behind their repective backups as well. We are 9-0. Nuff said.

Yeah, Campbell and Keenum are looking legit, but I think Locker was playing again for the Titans.

ctchiefsfan
11-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Houston would have won if Kubiak had not collapsed and been hospitalized at the half and if their kicker had not missed 3 field goals.

Seek
11-04-2013, 12:53 PM

Uh, this is a huge concern for me. The last three games I thought our defense looked like the defense of last year until they made a stop they had to. As I said, last week. The brown offensive line was not in shambles compared to the first 6 teams we played. Since Houston our defense has failed to put adequate pressure on the QB and back up QB's look like normal starters.

I have a very sick filling about this next game. Peyton is going to shread this defense if he gets any sort of protection. I also think the Donkies are going to man up and bring constant pressure against our offense and force us to beat them with quick slants and outs, which our team fails to do efficiently. Most of our plays are designed to develop and then dump off after the secondary has cleared.

doobs_05
11-04-2013, 02:08 PM
9-0 is awesome but KC does nothing with it (AFC West Title, Playoff win) then it's just the same old same old. No body talks about a season a team had that didn't win a playoff game.

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

brdempsey69
11-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Even though it was as ugly a win as you could ask for yesterday, there was a bigger victory that I'd been hoping for prior to yesterdays game.

THEY GOT OUT OF BUFFALO WITHOUT ANY MAJOR CASUALTIES !!

That means they should fairly healthy overall, and ready to go against the Donkeys.

Frankenchief
11-04-2013, 04:40 PM
I also think the Donkies are going to man up and bring constant pressure against our offense and force us to beat them with quick slants and outs, which our team fails to do efficiently. Most of our plays are designed to develop and then dump off after the secondary has cleared.
The Donks are in for a rude surprise when Andy opens up the offensive playbook starting this game.

OK, a bit of wishful thinking here. ;)

ctchiefsfan
11-04-2013, 04:55 PM
The Donks are in for a rude surprise when Andy opens up the offensive playbook starting this game.

OK, a bit of wishful thinking here. ;)

Gotta say......I too am counting on some of this. We are going to need an A-1 performance from our offense if we are going to beat the damned Donks.