PDA

View Full Version : Donks game #1 discussion thread....

ctchiefsfan
11-04-2013, 12:00 PM
We've been talking about this game in just about every thread for weeks now so I figure it's time this game had it's own thread.

For the last several weeks I have been worried sick about almost every game, but for some reason I'm feeling fairly good about this one. Maybe it's because it's still 2 weeks 'till the game. Maybe it's because there is no way this game has the potential to be a trap. Maybe it's because there is not going to be some unknown QB with no film available. Maybe It's because our Defense seems to have been almost "custom built" to face Denver. Maybe it's because of Reid's excellent record coming off a bye week (he's 13-1 coming off the bye). Maybe it's because most of our team has played these Broncos before. Maybe I am just crazy.

The Good.........

Reid's teams are consistently well-prepared coming off a bye week.

Sutton will have plenty of time to prepare a game plan for the Donks.

While our Defense has been starting slow the last few weeks, so has the Donks Offense. 6 of their 8 wins have come when the Donks have blown out their opponent in the second half. And the second half has been when our Defense decides it's "Git-R-Done time". Our Defense should be going 110% right about when the Donks start clicking. I feel pretty good about that match-up.

The Donks defense doesn't suck, but they are no world beaters. If our Defense is playing well, and our Offense is playing well, we can score just as many points as the Donks do.

To win this game we are going to need our best effort yet from our Defense, Special Teams and Offense, but I think we are going to see that.

Our Defense should be able to keep this game close and as we all know by now if a game is close going into the 4th quarter we have a habit of winning.

The Bad......

The game is in Denver and their crowd should be amped up. These teams hate each other and their fans are HUGELY PISHED OFF that they are 8-1 while we are 9-0. Their fans are going to be LOUD.

The Donks offense is good and can score a lot of points in the blink of an eye. I have not yet seen anything from our offense that suggests they would know how to come back if we got down by more than 2 touchdowns.

Our offense has not been making a lot of progress the last few weeks, although I have seen more willingness for them to throw downfield...and I think we will NEED at least a couple of long gainers to win this game.

Reid went all pass-happy on us yesterday against the Bills in the first half. I think the pass to run ratio for the first half was 27-7. We won't beat the Donks that way. I love Andy Reid, but I worry that he will look at the Donks vs Cowboys and Donks vs Colts games and think we can beat them in a gun-slingers duel. I think a balanced run and pass game is the only way we can beat the Donks and I'm worried Reid will go cuckoo on us. If we are going to win this game we MUST get a running game of some sort going early in the game so that Alex Smith will have some time when he throws.

No predictions from me, but I think this is a game we can win and if we do then we will truly be in control of our own destiny.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!

brdempsey69
11-04-2013, 12:06 PM
The point you made that stands out to me is regarding Offensive balance. Specifically the need to run the ball more effectively. Sustained time-consuming drives to points & keeping Manning off the field. Defensively, put Manning under fierce pressure and hit him early and often. And also pick some of his passes off.

If those things don't happen, then the Chiefs won't win.

kcvet
11-04-2013, 12:28 PM
our D will get its biggest test of the season here. nothing less than a steller performance. getting to Manning is always the key. the colt proved that. he does not like being hit and they ruffed him up. also I hear he does not perform well in cold weather. neither did Elway. so im hoping the weather helps out here. downfield coverage key. make him hold the ball longer we may get in our licks. his hurry hurry style of the hurry up is his best weapon. he didn't invent it but sure did perfect it. he keeps D's out there and gas's them or force's TO's..how many pts can we afford to give up??? if we keep them 27 or below we got a chance.
we're not built for for big come back games on O. so unless Reid comes up with a magic elixir we're in trouble. and the thing is their D is having some real problems we could exploit. the drop and smile pass has gotta stop !!!

even if we win they say its because Fox isn't there. they'll find excuse's for losing. always do

Seek
11-04-2013, 12:32 PM
A little early for this discussion. We have yet to see the Charger play the Donkies. I mean the way the season has been going. Peyton will be hurt or something and we will have to prepare for a back up QB in two weeks.

kcvet
11-04-2013, 01:09 PM
A little early for this discussion. We have yet to see the Charger play the Donkies. I mean the way the season has been going. Peyton will be hurt or something and we will have to prepare for a back up QB in two weeks.

I hope your right. imagine. yet another BU. and im also anxious to see how they do vs Phillip, its not my fault, Rivers.

ctchiefsfan
11-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Good points dempsey....

Got to rattle Manning early and often. That means our Defense has to be hitting on all cylinders from the git-go. The Donks offense is good enough that they could put the game out of reach in the first half if our Defense isn't playing it's best. So our defense will need to give us 4 quarters of their very best. If they do that then I like our chances.

And we will have to establish the run fairly early. If we can run the ball Smith will have the time to throw. And if he has a little time he can be very effective. If Smith has little or no time to throw this could be a very long game. I don't see us holding Denver to our league-leading average of 12.34 points per game. I think we will have done well if we hold them to 24 points....maybe 27......and to beat that, our Offense will probably have to score AT LEAST 21 points and maybe 28. And we won't do that if we don't get a run game established by at least midway through the second quarter. Calm down Andy!!! Don't try to beat Manning at his own game!

I also find it interesting that the Donks have mostly been a second half team (as we have). If they weren't I'd be very worried about this game. They win their games in the second half and that is when our defense plays their best. If we keep the game within 10 and low scoring in the first half and are giving Manning a hard time all along then I like our chances.

The "experts" say this is going to be about our toughest game in the regular season.....Donks in Donkeyland....and that is probably true. In fact I doubt any of the "experts" think we have a chance in this one. But I like the way these 2 teams match up. And with Reid's record after bye weeks and our D usually playing their very best in the second half I think this is a game we can WIN! It will take our best team effort yet, but unlike the talking heads, I don't see this game a "a bridge too far". I see this as a tough game that we have a decent chance of winning. If we keep it close to the start of the 4th quarter and have given Manning a hard time then we'll have a good chance to win this one.

Seek
11-04-2013, 01:27 PM
I don't want to sound like a negative Nanny or anything, but I have a feeling we get a whooping this game. I hope I am wrong but my gut just tells me that it will be a humbling.

ctchiefsfan
11-04-2013, 01:40 PM

I know, but we've been having this discussion for at least 3 weeks now. Might as well put it all in one place. It's just about all any Chiefs fan is really thinking about now. For the Chiefs this is the Super Bowl of the regular season. If we beat them in Donkeyland then we'll have a MINIMUM of a 2 game lead in the AFC West with just 6 games left to play. If we beat them on their home turf I see a 2 game lead as very tough for them to overcome. From here on we are facing the toughest part of our season. If we start it by beating the Donks in Donkeyland then I have to ask myself...."Just how hard the rest of our schedule really is?". If we can beat them in Denver and go to 10-0 then just what games in the regular season do we look at and say....."Well, that's probably a loss"? I don't see any although it would probably happen....somewhere, somehow.

At the start of this season anybody that said we would be 9-0 would have been labeled a raving lunatic. If we go 10-0 and beat the Donks in Donkeyland then who can really say 16-0 is impossible?????????

And yes....you can call me "Homer"!

matthewschiefs
11-04-2013, 01:45 PM
As I've stated throughout the year the offense of the Chiefs is going to be the key to the Chiefs getting the win in either game against Denver.

Denver is a team built around offense there defense is there weak link. The Chiefs are built on defense the offense is the weaker of there units. It's a match up of both teams strongest units going against each other and both teams weaker units going against each other. Very Interesting.

The Chiefs have great potential to beat Denver. They're a team that is built to give Denver fits. There offense is not a big play offense and when going against Denver that's a great thing. Go back to the first half against Cleveland. The offense was on the field for over 20 minutes in the first half. If the Chiefs are able to do that and do it for a complete game they will win the game. Manning can't hurt you if he is standing on the Sideline while the Chiefs offense is on the field. The offense is going to have to do what they do. Keep the ball and put together long time comsuming drives. They will have 2 weeks to get ready. Just have to get it done. A win in Denver would be HUGE for this team.

ctchiefsfan
11-04-2013, 01:47 PM
I don't want to sound like a negative Nanny or anything, but I have a feeling we get a whooping this game. I hope I am wrong but my gut just tells me that it will be a humbling.

No doubt it is possible. It will certainly take our best performance of the year to avoid that. But I think this is a good enough team that they can beat the Donks. Whether they will or not remains to be seen. But I'll tell you true...I don't think there is a team in the NFL that is so much better than us that we can't beat them....even on their home turf.

doobs_05
11-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Offense........ field goals WILL NOT beat Denver. Defense will not alway be there to make a score

ctchiefsfan
11-04-2013, 01:57 PM
As I've stated throughout the year the offense of the Chiefs is going to be the key to the Chiefs getting the win in either game against Denver.

Denver is a team built around offense there defense is there weak link. The Chiefs are built on defense the offense is the weaker of there units. It's a match up of both teams strongest units going against each other and both teams weaker units going against each other. Very Interesting.

The Chiefs have great potential to beat Denver. They're a team that is built to give Denver fits. There offense is not a big play offense and when going against Denver that's a great thing. Go back to the first half against Cleveland. The offense was on the field for over 20 minutes in the first half. If the Chiefs are able to do that and do it for a complete game they will win the game. Manning can't hurt you if he is standing on the Sideline while the Chiefs offense is on the field. The offense is going to have to do what they do. Keep the ball and put together long time comsuming drives. They will have 2 weeks to get ready. Just have to get it done. A win in Denver would be HUGE for this team.

You are seeing the same things I am.

We CAN beat the Donks in Donkeyland. We're good enough.

BUT...........

1) Our Defense is going to have to give us 4 full quarters of their "A game".

2) Our Offense is going to have to do the same.

3) If the entire team...Defense, Offense and Special Teams puts a full 4 quarter game together then we can beat anything the Donkeys throw at us.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!

brdempsey69
11-04-2013, 02:05 PM
During this bye time the Chiefs just need to go back to basics and work on fundamentals ( catching and securing the football, for one, as well as blocking and tackling ).

Denver is not invincible & the Chiefs should not be intimidated by them at all. Manning is not Joe Montana. Montana could come back from getting knocked game all game long & still lead his team to victory. If Manning gets hit all game long, then he'll crumble just like his twin brother Turd Elway -- that is Manning's weakness. Look at last years game in KC. They hit Manning repeatedly and he only had moderate success against a broken & disheartened Chiefs team. This 2013 Chiefs team isn't broken & disheartened, but instead, they believe in themselves and are opportunistic.

Most of the Donkeys opponents have rolled over on their backs and died in the 2nd half of ball games & were intimidated by the Manning factor. The Chiefs simply have to keep their poise & hang in there and NEVER QUIT.

ctchiefsfan
11-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Offense........ field goals WILL NOT beat Denver. Defense will not alway be there to make a score

Yes....Once we cross midfield we will need to get points; and once we get to the red zone we will need to get 7 not 3. I also think it will take at least 1 "big play" to beat the Donks....maybe a pick-6; maybe a kick or punt return for TD; maybe a long pass touchdown...but I think we will need tremendous efficiency when we get any chance to score and at least 1 really big play.

ctchiefsfan
11-04-2013, 02:12 PM
During this bye time the Chiefs just need to go back to basics and work on fundamentals ( catching and securing the football, for one, as well as blocking and tackling ).

Denver is not invincible & the Chiefs should not be intimidated by them at all. Manning is not Joe Montana. Montana could come back from getting knocked game all game long & still lead his team to victory. If Manning gets hit all game long, then he'll crumble just like his twin brother Turd Elway -- that is Manning's weakness. Look at last years game in KC. They hit Manning repeatedly and he only had moderate success against a broken & disheartened Chiefs team. This 2013 Chiefs team isn't broken & disheartened, but instead, they believe in themselves and are opportunistic.

Most of the Donkeys opponents have rolled over on their backs and died in the 2nd half of ball games & were intimidated by the Manning factor. The Chiefs simply have to keep their poise & hang in there and NEVER QUIT.

There it is!!!!!! The recipe for beating the Donks. There aren't a lot of teams in the NFL that can cook that recipe, but the Chiefs CAN!!!!! Now they just have to DO IT!!!!

#58ChiefsFan
11-04-2013, 03:44 PM
These ain't the old Chiefs we've grown accustomed to watching crap the bed in the spotlight. WE WILL go to a Denver and smack those clowns in their giant forehead. 10-0 dammit!

brdempsey69
11-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Another thing is, I don't see the Donkeys Defensive Front 7 being as good as some of ones that the Chiefs have already faced. All the Chiefs have to do is make the basic plays work & stay out of 3rd and long situations and continually move the sticks. Sure, they should take shots down the field, but at the right time, such as 2nd and short.

I'm not convinced the Donkey's defense is championship caliber. Hopefully the Chiefs Offense can exploit them, somehow.

Eydugstr
11-04-2013, 04:02 PM
The biggest strength that I see that the Donks have is a QB that gets rid of the ball very, very quickly. Two steps back and the ball is gone. He he can fake handoffs and fake passes really well, too. The Broncos' recievers have talent and dropped passes are something they just don't do. The higher altitude will also work against us in this game, our guys better be in shape.

One area where I think we'll consistently win is the matchup between our D-line/LB'ers and their O-line/RB's/TE's. Blow up that center and force them to turn an RB or TE into a extra blocker. Wanna hold off Wes Welker? Put him on the bench in favor of using an extra TE to fend off Houston, Hali or DJ. And good luck with that. Poe's still pushing the center back despite being double teamed. Keep in mind they're the team with the 38 year old QB with neck surgery history. They MUST protect him if they want to consistently beat teams and get into the playoffs from here on out.

Our offense needs improvement in all areas. Given the defense the Bills have, thought our O-line showed improvement. Alex had to get "creative" and use his feet a couple of times to get himself out of jams, but he succeeded when he did. Bowe is doing a better job of helping Alex out when plays break down. The pass to run ratio was WAY off balance. Was that Reid's way of setting up Denver?

brdempsey69
11-04-2013, 04:14 PM
The biggest strength that I see that the Donks have is a QB that gets rid of the ball very, very quickly. Two steps back and the ball is gone. He he can fake handoffs and fake passes really well, too. The Broncos' recievers have talent and dropped passes are something they just don't do. The higher altitude will also work against us in this game, our guys better be in shape.

One area where I think we'll consistently win is the matchup between our D-line/LB'ers and their O-line/RB's/TE's. Blow up that center and force them to turn an RB or TE into a extra blocker. Wanna hold off Wes Welker? Put him on the bench in favor of using an extra TE to fend off Houston, Hali or DJ. And good luck with that. Poe's still pushing the center back despite being double teamed. Keep in mind they're the team with the 38 year old QB with neck surgery history. They MUST protect him if they want to consistently beat teams and get into the playoffs from here on out.

Our offense needs improvement in all areas. Given the defense the Bills have, thought our O-line showed improvement. Alex had to get "creative" and use his feet a couple of times to get himself out of jams, but he succeeded when he did. Bowe is doing a better job of helping Alex out when plays break down. The pass to run ratio was WAY off balance. Was that Reid's way of setting up Denver?

You may be on to something there. It will be interesting to see what Reid has planned Offensively for Denver. I'm hoping to see more power-running sets and running off-tackle smashes behind Eric Fisher and right at Von Miller. Fisher ( who had a decent game yesterday against a Buffalo Defensive Front 7 that is better than the Donkeys ) doesn't have any problem driving opposing LB's off the LOS, as he's repeatedly overpowered them when given the chance and Miller won't be any different in that regard. With a healthy Fasano, this clearly appears to be a mismatch the Chiefs can take advantage of all game long & if they can't stop it, then keep running it and don't get too pass-happy.

ctchiefsfan
11-04-2013, 04:38 PM
These ain't the old Chiefs we've grown accustomed to watching crap the bed in the spotlight. WE WILL go to a Denver and smack those clowns in their giant forehead. 10-0 dammit!

YEAH BUDDY YEAH!!!!!!!!! WE CAN and we WILL!!!!!! 10-0 and ROLLING from there!!!!!

ctchiefsfan
11-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Another thing is, I don't see the Donkeys Defensive Front 7 being as good as some of ones that the Chiefs have already faced. All the Chiefs have to do is make the basic plays work & stay out of 3rd and long situations and continually move the sticks. Sure, they should take shots down the field, but at the right time, such as 2nd and short.

I'm not convinced the Donkey's defense is championship caliber. Hopefully the Chiefs Offense can exploit them, somehow.

Yes. We have faced better D-lines. We've shown we can overcome that and that our Offense can take advantage of it. We just need to show that our entire team can all have a good 4 quarter game on the same day. If we do that there is NOBODY that can beat us. WE HAVE ALL THE TOOLS TO BE A CHAMPIONSHIP CALIBER TEAM. WE JUST NEED TO LEARN TO PUT IT ALL TOGETHER FROM THE OPENING KICKOFF TO THE FINAL WHISTLE!!! If we can learn to do that then it is LIGHTS OUT for anybody we face.

Seek
11-04-2013, 05:14 PM

Since the Vonnie returned, their defense has gotten better. They looked pretty good against Washington. They made RG3 look very stupid.

brdempsey69
11-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Since the Vonnie returned, their defense has gotten better. They looked pretty good against Washington. They made RG3 look very stupid.

I wouldn't gauge Washington's Offense as a good measuring stick for the Donkey's Defense, as RGIII has mostly struggled this year. The Skins Offense just simply imploded with totally ludicrous play-calling in that game and Miller was on the field against the Colts, and Indy should have scored more than the 39 points that they did score.

Eydugstr
11-04-2013, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't gauge Washington's Offense as a good measuring stick for the Donkey's Defense, as RGIII has mostly struggled this year. The Skins Offense just simply imploded with totally ludicrous play-calling in that game and Miller was on the field against the Colts, and Indy should have scored more than the 39 points that they did score.

+1. Really good teams will not lose their cool, or get to get cute with trick play-calling. They also have a habit of tearing apart the teams that do. The Skins had that game and BLEW it. Reid cannot afford to get goofy in the fourth quarter. For the most part he hasn't.

As much as I hate the Donks...They have a really capable team. But their achilles' heel is not their defense. It's offense. If Von Miller gets checked out of the game, via gameplan or otherwise, the Broncos will soldier on. Get Manning flustered and smacked around, put him on the sidelines, or get him to the point where he starts going for broke, throwing downfield INT's (TY Law made a career out of this with Manning) that team will go down.

chief31
11-04-2013, 07:01 PM
The whole reason that the media, as well as football fans everywhere (including myself, and other Chiefs fans) doubt our Chiefs is clear. It is not so much the style we are winning with, but the opponents we have done it against.

If we had the same record, and the same scores, but it included wins against some top contenders, then it would be far more difficult to express dissent.

The lack of quality wins leaves a massive area of "unknown".

But the rest of our schedule is overflowing with the kind of opponents that would make for quality wins.

Every win from here on fills in the unknown with REAL confidence in our squad.

And starting out with a win over Peyton would give instant credibilty to 10-0, where 9-0 is still very much seen as a bit of a fluke.

Besides, I am very anxious to see us get used to seeing playoff-caliber competition.

Chiefster
11-04-2013, 07:07 PM
The point you made that stands out to me is regarding Offensive balance. Specifically the need to run the ball more effectively. Sustained time-consuming drives to points & keeping Manning off the field. Defensively, put Manning under fierce pressure and hit him early and often. And also pick some of his passes off.

If those things don't happen, then the Chiefs won't win.

Very true! We got to get into his grill, no two ways about it. The thing we have to be careful about is any form of late contact regardless of how light as we all saw in the horrible roughing the passer call Sunday, and because it's Peyton Manning he will always get the benefit of the doubt. However, the defensive pressure cannot become tentative.

ctchiefsfan
11-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Very true! We got to get into his grill, no two ways about it. The thing we have to be careful about is any form of late contact regardless of how light as we all saw in the horrible roughing the passer call Sunday, and because it's Peyton Manning he will always get the benefit of the doubt. However, the defensive pressure cannot become tentative.

That is SO RIGHT!!!!! Damned Zebras will be doing their best to look out for the Brokeneck Donkeys"!

MissingTBone
11-04-2013, 08:28 PM
I don't see a blow out happening (not that it's not possible) but I feel as long as our secondary can cover their receivers man to man. Our sometimes has a tendency to let receivers get behind them. The Donks receivers will make us pay for that if we do. Also we need a much better tackling performance than we had against the Bills. Their rbs were gashing us and seemed to constantly get to the second level of our defense. We need to pursue but not over pursue. I'm glad to be at 9-0 and would love to be 10-0 but no matter the final score as long as we don't give up, and play our game then I'll be happy. Can't wait to see if we're as good as our record says we are or if it's an illusion. I think we'll be ready!! Go Chiefs!!

Pro_Angler
11-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Unless we fix our offense and pass rush. Don't think we can fix offense with players we have in 2 weeks.. 32-17 L

Justin5772002
11-04-2013, 11:36 PM
I'm optimistic about this game, I do believe this is totally winnable. 2 weeks of our bodies recovering vs a banged up donks. We all know that the bolts are gunning for the donks this weekend and will also gameplan to pressure manning. We have seen some good pass rush coming from the bolts this year. They will have a few licks on manning guaranteed. I don't think Fasano has been full health since he's been back I expect him to be a huge role feeling better in 2 weeks. Even his blocking will open up lanes for Charles. Our O-line needs a huge game. I also expect our redzone offense to do much better with Fasano healthier. Another thing to look at is Denver's horrible defense. We held the cowboys to 16 points vs their 48?? That was the same offense we faced no excuses. We will be able to put up points this game because buffalo's defense was a top 2 defense they were able to stop us in the redzone but we still got points. Denver defense won't be that stiff

brdempsey69
11-05-2013, 02:24 AM
That is SO RIGHT!!!!! Damned Zebras will be doing their best to look out for the Brokeneck Donkeys"!

They already have & I saw evidence of that in the Donks last game against the Skins. Their two outside guys Orakpo and Kerrigan were getting constant pressure on Manning through 2 1/2 QTR's and then the Broncos resorted to holding to stop them and were allowed to get away with it. Same as in '97 and '98 to help Turd Elway in his last two seasons.

I still say that if any Chiefs defenders get a chance to hit Manning hard, then take it, regardless of any penalties, fines, etc. Guys like Montana, Dawson, Blanda, and other QB's that played in their late 30's were never protected by the refs and were subject to taking the same type of hits as QB's in their early 20's.

ctchiefsfan
11-05-2013, 03:59 AM
Unless we fix our offense and pass rush. Don't think we can fix offense with players we have in 2 weeks.. 32-17 L

You will either be right or we will win in a very close game. I figure it is 50-50 which way it goes.

ctchiefsfan
11-05-2013, 04:24 AM
They already have & I saw evidence of that in the Donks last game against the Skins. Their two outside guys Orakpo and Kerrigan were getting constant pressure on Manning through 2 1/2 QTR's and then the Broncos resorted to holding to stop them and were allowed to get away with it. Same as in '97 and '98 to help Turd Elway in his last two seasons.

I still say that if any Chiefs defenders get a chance to hit Manning hard, then take it, regardless of any penalties, fines, etc. Guys like Montana, Dawson, Blanda, and other QB's that played in their late 30's were never protected by the refs and were subject to taking the same type of hits as QB's in their early 20's.

You're a damned throwback!!! You want the NFL to play football not favorites!!! Don't you know that isn't good for "the bottom line"?

Wassa matta you? Donchew know its all about duh cash? Duh game is just de excuse for duh suckers.

Sorry....just acting out a little. While I sometimes think your conspiracy theories about '97 and '98 go a little far, I do believe that there was more going on then than just a football game.

still say that if any Chiefs defenders get a chance to hit Manning hard, then take it, regardless of any penalties, fines, etc. Guys like Montana, Dawson, Blanda, and other QB's that played in their late 30's were never protected by the refs and were subject to taking the same type of hits as QB's in their early 20's.

You're damned right!!!!! Professional football is a violent contact sport. A sport of hard hits and busted up bodies. The rules are rules and that is fine, but Manning is fair game. Anybody that gets a chance to put a hit on him should put every bit of violence they can find into it. If the zebras whine about it then Tango Sierra! After that "roughing" call in Buffalo they might as well get penalized or fined for really doing some damage rather than pulling their punches.

One quibble though.....Wasn't Blanda taking hits and throwing passes well into his 40s? I seem to recall him kicking field goals and throwing passes at 43.....but then, my memory ain't what it used to be.

Eydugstr
11-05-2013, 08:34 AM

Although I don't agree with the idea of cheap shots (but if you're listening San Diego, please take as many as you like) if it's needed I say go for an academy award trying to point out anything that looks like a hold or pass interference. Complain to the point where sooner or later it HAS to be called, and when it does, go for broke trying to plant Manning's butt in the turf. That's fair game, considering these douchebags will probably show up with vaseline on their jerseys, anyway.

brdempsey69
11-05-2013, 11:23 AM
While I sometimes think your conspiracy theories about '97 and '98 go a little far, I do believe that there was more going on then than just a football game.

Here's part of the proof right here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28969-2004Sep17.html

And I can go on and on with a list of other examples. I'll never let Marty off the hook for what he did in that 1997 playoff game -- specifically not letting Rich Gannon play in that game. Gannon should have been in the game after the first two Offensive series when Grbac failed to score. Marty gave that game to the Donks. Marty also made the stupid statement in 1999 about "Elway being the best QB ever". How could Marty, having had Joe Montana play for him for two seasons, make a sick statement like that? Dallas HOF DB Mel Renfro doesn't agree with Marty and called Montana the best ever and Renfro played many years with Roger Staubach ( who was also a better QB than Turd Elway ).

Oh, and Blanda played all the way up to age 48.

Although I don't agree with the idea of cheap shots (but if you're listening San Diego, please take as many as you like) if it's needed I say go for an academy award trying to point out anything that looks like a hold or pass interference. Complain to the point where sooner or later it HAS to be called, and when it does, go for broke trying to plant Manning's butt in the turf. That's fair game, considering these douchebags will probably show up with vaseline on their jerseys, anyway.

I would like for all Chiefs fans at this site to watch closely and see if Hali and others get held quite frequently. I'll bet it happens and the Donkeys get away with it, while you can bet the Chiefs O-Line will get flagged for it if they do it.

Yes, I remember the vaseline in the 1997 playoff game. All of those culprits should have been ejected from the game, but they weren't even made to take those jerseys off. They wiped them a towel & the refs thought that was sufficient.

TopekaRoy
11-05-2013, 11:59 AM
I just want to point out that the Bears beat the Packers last night, 27-20. They won in spite of the fact that their starting QB, Jay Cutler, their #1 tackler, Lance Briggs and their best pass rusher/sack master Henry Melton were out with injuries. The Bears were double digit underdogs but at the end of the Packers first drive, LDE Shea McClellin knocked Aaron Rodgers out of the game, injuring his shoulder with a good clean legal tackle.

What does this have to do with the Chiefs? It just shows you that you can't count any team out of any game. The Bears were coming off of a bye and the Chiefs will be coming off a bye to face the Broncos.

And that wasn't the only big upset this week. The Jets (+6.5) beat the Saints, The Eagles (+2.5) throttled the Raiders 49-20, and the Browns (+2.5) beat the Ravens. Tampa Bay (0-8) was a 16.5 point underdog to the Seahawks and only lost by 3 and Houston nearly upset the Colts.

Now, I'm not suggesting that the Chiefs have to knock Peyton out of the game to win. I really think we can win with both teams at full strength, but there is so much parity (i.e., mediocrity) in the NFL this year that any team can win any game. The Broncos also still have to play the Chargers and who knows what is going to happen there.

Any given Sunday (night)!

kcvet
11-05-2013, 12:04 PM
I just want to point out that the Bears beat the Packers last night, 27-20. They won in spite of the fact that their starting QB, Jay Cutler, their #1 tackler, Lance Briggs and their best pass rusher/sack master Henry Melton were out with injuries. The Bears were double digit underdogs but at the end of the Packers first drive, LDE Shea McClellin knocked Aaron Rodgers out of the game, injuring his shoulder with a good clean legal tackle.

What does this have to do with the Chiefs? It just shows you that you can't count any team out of any game. The Bears were coming off of a bye and the Chiefs will be coming off a bye to face the Broncos.

And that wasn't the only big upset this week. The Jets (+6.5) beat the Saints, The Eagles (+2.5) throttled the Raiders 49-20, and the Browns (+2.5) beat the Ravens. Tampa Bay (0-8) was a 16.5 point underdog to the Seahawks and only lost by 3 and Houston nearly upset the Colts.

Now, I'm not suggesting that the Chiefs have to knock Peyton out of the game to win. I really think we can win with both teams at full strength, but there is so much parity (i.e., mediocrity) in the NFL this year that any team can win any game. The Broncos also still have to play the Chargers and who knows what is going to happen there.

Any given Sunday (night)!

Now, I'm not suggesting that the Chiefs have to knock Peyton out of the game to win.

yeah we really do

kcvet
11-05-2013, 12:06 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/21jvxjo.jpg

ctchiefsfan
11-05-2013, 12:18 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/21jvxjo.jpg

NICE!!!!!

Kearney
11-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Here's what I want to see. I dont think KC can beat Denver playing the game plan we have been playing. I do however think it works on 75% of the other teams though. With that being said...I want to see the chiefs play Denver in 2 weeks like they have nothing to lose. I want to see a completely different game plan. I want to see the D blitz more times than ever. So what if he gains 5-10 here and there, it's Denver, its going to happen But, Mannings *** is going to be on the ground a lot. Ware his *** out. On the other side i want to see Smith throw the ball downfield, see what happens. In fact, I want to see a strike from smith on the very first play from scrimmage. This is a game everyone thinks we will/should loose and I agree and I'm a huge optimist and a huge chiefs fan. Reid is a great coach and i've got to believe he has a plan, I just hope its not the same plan as the last 9 games.

kcvet
11-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Here's what I want to see. I dont think KC can beat Denver playing the game plan we have been playing. I do however think it works on 75% of the other teams though. With that being said...I want to see the chiefs play Denver in 2 weeks like they have nothing to lose. I want to see a completely different game plan. I want to see the D blitz more times than ever. So what if he gains 5-10 here and there, it's Denver, its going to happen But, Mannings *** is going to be on the ground a lot. Ware his *** out. On the other side i want to see Smith throw the ball downfield, see what happens. In fact, I want to see a strike from smith on the very first play from scrimmage. This is a game everyone thinks we will/should loose and I agree and I'm a huge optimist and a huge chiefs fan. Reid is a great coach and i've got to believe he has a plan, I just hope its not the same plan as the last 9 games.

and their D gave up 48 to Romeo then ran outta luck giving 39 away to Indy. is there there a problem there???

Kearney
11-05-2013, 03:36 PM
and their D gave up 48 to Romeo then ran outta luck giving 39 away to Indy. is there there a problem there???

Oh i know they have a problem there. Im just thinking if both teams play their curent A game then I predict Denver 28-31over the Chiefs 24-27. I just think something big has to change in the game plan for us to win in Denver. I dont want the hopes of Denver not playing their A game be the "plan".

kcvet
11-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Oh i know they have a problem there. Im just thinking if both teams play their curent A game then I predict Denver 28-31over the Chiefs 24-27. I just think something big has to change in the game plan for us to win in Denver. I dont want the hopes of Denver not playing their A game be the "plan".

its called turn overs. and we lead the NFL

Kearney
11-05-2013, 03:48 PM
its called turn overs. and we lead the NFL

And I agree. But that means we have to count on them to win this game. I dont like it.

doobs_05
11-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Another week, another backup QB dispatched with extreme prejudice,
and another week that makes you wonder exactly what Alex Smith is capable of
against an upper-echelon opponent that's going to take 24 points or more to
beat. Putting the Chiefs higher than fourth basically certifies them as a
favorite to reach the Super Bowl, so consider this. In 2000, Trent Dilfer of the
Ravens was 20th in the league in yards per attempt among QBs who threw at least
200 passes. In 2002, Brad Johnson was 16th. The Chiefs currently rank 31st, and
that's only due to the pure havoc that Josh Freeman wrought on the Tampa Bay
passing game. Even if you think the Chiefs D is the equal of all-time greats
like the 2000 Ravens or 2002 Buccaneers, it's being asked to do even MORE heavy
lifting than those units due to KC's punchless passing attack

read that on the sb nation

chief31
11-05-2013, 05:09 PM
I, for one, would be dissapointed if Peyton were not to play the entire game against us.

I want to see how we stack up against top competition. I have seen plenty of backups. The postseason will require playing against the best. And the postseason is the goal now.

kcvet
11-05-2013, 05:18 PM
I, for one, would be dissapointed if Peyton were not to play the entire game against us.

I want to see how we stack up against top competition. I have seen plenty of backups. The postseason will require playing against the best. And the postseason is the goal now.

well lets see if he's still standing after the bolts game

ctchiefsfan
11-05-2013, 07:10 PM
well lets see if he's still standing after the bolts game

Agreed! A Dolts win Sunday would change the whole complexion of this game. If the Dolts were to pull out a win that would mean the Donks would no longer be playing us for a share of first place. If the Donks go into this game down by 2 games they will be deeply in the shi*.

chiefnut
11-05-2013, 07:37 PM
here's what i expect to see in 2 weeks....the broncs score early and quick, the CHIEFS score on a long 10 or 12 play dink an dunk drive.....the broncs score quick again... the CHIEFS follow up w/another long drive...FG...then denver goes 3/out....CHIEFS long drive another FG....then the broncos score quick.....CHIEFS long drive TD....this goes on eventualy the CHIEFS have stayed within 10pts and in the 4th qtr this time the broncos D starts to tire, KC still fairly fresh and the game will go down to the wire
.......yes i know u will mention the thin air will give denver a late game edge, but i am sure big red will have thought of that and got the team to denver early enough to adapt, especially cause of the bye week.

ctchiefsfan
11-05-2013, 07:46 PM
That is probably the way the game will have to go if we are to have a chance of winning. If we can stay close going into the 4th quarter then I like our chances. Just have to make sure we don't let them get up by more than 14 or maybe just a touch more. I just don't see us as a come from behind by 21 points sort of team. Not that we couldn't, but it would take almost a total collapse by the Donks for us to do it.

kcvet
11-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Agreed! A Dolts win Sunday would change the whole complexion of this game. If the Dolts were to pull out a win that would mean the Donks would no longer be playing us for a share of first place. If the Donks go into this game down by 2 games they will be deeply in the shi*.

I saw an early prediction today. donks by 7. not the usual 45-7. so Del Rio could have a bad effect here. also I read some medical sites today. Fox can be out as much as 8-12 plus rehab. if so he's on the IR. that may move manning up to HC or OC ???

kcvet
11-05-2013, 08:31 PM
That is probably the way the game will have to go if we are to have a chance of winning. If we can stay close going into the 4th quarter then I like our chances. Just have to make sure we don't let them get up by more than 14 or maybe just a touch more. I just don't see us as a come from behind by 21 points sort of team. Not that we couldn't, but it would take almost a total collapse by the Donks for us to do it.

and we own the 4th

ctchiefsfan
11-05-2013, 08:40 PM
That we do!!!! If we are within 10 at the start of the 4th I figure the Donks are in deep trouble.

Justin5772002
11-06-2013, 11:24 AM
It's funny that on the donks board they were saying how they've faced better opponents than us using Baltimore as an example, yet at the same time called Cleveland a soft opponent especially since we faced Jason campbell. This weekend Jason Campbell's browns beat the ravens stomping their thoeries to the ground about schedual comparison.

kcvet
11-06-2013, 11:46 AM
It's funny that on the donks board they were saying how they've faced better opponents than us using Baltimore as an example, yet at the same time called Cleveland a soft opponent especially since we faced Jason campbell. This weekend Jason Campbell's browns beat the ravens stomping their thoeries to the ground about schedual comparison.

the only real competitor they faced beat em

ctchiefsfan
11-06-2013, 12:59 PM
I put no credence in that nonsense about Team A beat Team B and we beat team A therefore we will beat team B. I suppose that back in the '60s and early '70s it may have held some water, but I think it is meaningless in today's NFL.

brdempsey69
11-06-2013, 01:22 PM
I put no credence in that nonsense about Team A beat Team B and we beat team A therefore we will beat team B. I suppose that back in the '60s and early '70s it may have held some water, but I think it is meaningless in today's NFL.

Agreed, that's all a bunch of bunk. Any given Sunday.

matthewschiefs
11-07-2013, 11:33 PM
I've been saying all season that the Chiefs have the offense to beat Denver. Tonight's NCAA game between Stanford and Oregon shows what a ball control offense can do.

Oregon Came in with a high powered offense like Denver. They are currently down 26-0 Stanford has not been throwing the ball all over the place. With still over 11 minuets to play Stanford has already had the ball for over 35 minuets of the game to Oregon's 13 minuets. A high powered offense can be taken out of the game if you keep the ball. This game is the perfect blueprint of how teams do that.

This game isn't going to be won by the Donkeys offense going against the Chiefs defense. It's going to be won between the Chiefs offense and Denvers D. If the Chiefs can keep the ball they will win just like Stanford is doing to Oregon tonight. It's that simple. The battle between the weaker units is going to decided the game IMO

doobs_05
11-08-2013, 01:43 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/11/8/5080236/kansas-city-chiefs-run-defense-stats-breakdown

Justin5772002
11-08-2013, 04:22 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/11/8/5080236/kansas-city-chiefs-run-defense-stats-breakdown

15 yard run plays because someone was out of position or overpersued not a huge deal. Limiting those plays and also preventing those 20+ runs is what we need to focus on. The three games pointed out by that article we won. Not a huge problem. Plus it's Peyton manning were facing let them try to exploit the run take away their passing game and make him make mistakes.

chief31
11-08-2013, 07:32 PM
I would be very surprised if The Donks don't come out looking to run the ball a whole lot next week.

brdempsey69
11-10-2013, 11:41 PM
Donkeys fans are already coming to Chiefs sites and talking trash about how the Donkeys are going to lay a major beatdown on the Chiefs come Sunday night Nov. 17. They think they are going to do it in KC two weeks later as well, forgetting all the while that the Donks struggled against the Chiefs at Arrowhead last year.

I hope the Chiefs really lay a physical beating on them in both games. And at least split the series with them. A sweep by the Chiefs would be superb.

matthewschiefs
11-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Donkeys fans are already coming to Chiefs sites and talking trash about how the Donkeys are going to lay a major beatdown on the Chiefs come Sunday night Nov. 17. They think they are going to do it in KC two weeks later as well, forgetting all the while that the Donks struggled against the Chiefs at Arrowhead last year.

I hope the Chiefs really lay a physical beating on them in both games. And at least split the series with them. A sweep by the Chiefs would be superb.

While I REALLY REALLY want a sweep I see Denver winning next week the Chiefs winning at Arrowhead. But I WOULD REALLY REALLY LOVE A SWEEP.

Did I Mention I REALLY want a sweep

ctchiefsfan
11-11-2013, 12:23 AM

While I REALLY REALLY want a sweep I see Denver winning next week the Chiefs winning at Arrowhead. But I WOULD REALLY REALLY LOVE A SWEEP.

The CHIEFS can beat the donkeys in donkeyland!!!!! Not gonna be easy, but the Dolts showed us how tonight. As for the donkeys at Arrowhead......our most lopsided win of the year. We are going to flat out terrorize the bastids!!!! manning won't even play the 4th quarter. He'll be too intimidated.

I'm HUNGRY!!!!! And I smell 2 donkey BBQs coming!!!!

DEATH TO donkeys!!!!!!!!!!

Chiefster
11-11-2013, 12:53 AM
I would be very surprised if The Donks don't come out looking to run the ball a whole lot next week.

Good point, I think most would expect them to burn our defensive secondary through the air, establishing the ground game early would be an attempt to try to catch us off guard. IMO.

Justin5772002
11-11-2013, 01:49 AM
The CHIEFS can beat the donkeys in donkeyland!!!!! Not gonna be easy, but the Dolts showed us how tonight. As for the donkeys at Arrowhead......our most lopsided win of the year. We are going to flat out terrorize the bastids!!!! manning won't even play the 4th quarter. He'll be too intimidated.

I'm HUNGRY!!!!! And I smell 2 donkey BBQs coming!!!!

DEATH TO donkeys!!!!!!!!!!
East cowboy calm those horses, never wish death on anyone. It's more fun terrorizing them multiple times than to kill them once. Oh btw how's Manning's angle/foot/knee? Great another backup QB now we will never get that respect this season just our luck manning comes back week 14 after we play them 2x already

ctchiefsfan
11-11-2013, 10:40 AM
East cowboy calm those horses, never wish death on anyone. It's more fun terrorizing them multiple times than to kill them once. Oh btw how's Manning's angle/foot/knee? Great another backup QB now we will never get that respect this season just our luck manning comes back week 14 after we play them 2x already

It was a figure of speech and did not mean an actual desire for them to cease living.

brdempsey69
11-11-2013, 11:07 AM

I believe what he means by "DEATH TO THE DONKEYS" is for their post-season aspirations to get shot down in flames. Many are still conceding them as SB Champs for this year, but as the Rams showed yesterday, you don't concede anyone anything.

ctchiefsfan
11-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Thanks brdempsey. I'm not just a little surprised that someone actually took my post to mean that I actually wanted someone to die. Hopefully nobody took my post to mean that I actually wanted to cook and eat some of the donkey players. I have eaten some crazy stuff in my life but I have not yet started advocating cannibalism.

Eydugstr
11-11-2013, 03:32 PM

+1. Just gameplan like Manning's going to be 100%, we'll have a shot.

brdempsey69
11-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Gotta love how Donkeys fans who come to kcchiefs.com and talk trash, get all puked out and can't handle the truth being told about the Donkeys all time Super Bowl record of 0 wins, 4 losses, and 2 given to them as going-away present to Turd Elway because he wasn't good enough to win a SB outright on a level playing field. They can't stomach it, because the truth hurts.

Of course, if the Donks have it given to them again, then Donkeys fans will try to sell us the same line of BS about Denver being SB Champs, but I'm not buying it, knowing what I've seen. I really don't believe the Donkeys are better than the Chiefs, Seahawks, Patriots, Saints, or Indy ( despite their loss, yesterday ), but we'll have to wait for the games to be played to see how it ultimately ends up.