PDA

View Full Version : Donkey's OG quits football

Frankenchief
11-06-2013, 09:46 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/offensive-lineman-john-moffitt-walks-away-nfl-says-211429267--nfl.html

ctchiefsfan
11-06-2013, 10:21 PM
HOLY CRAP! Is this guy a starter for them? Sorry for the dumb question I just don't follow the Donks beyond whether they win or lose. If this guy was a starter we may just have gotten an early Christmas present!

brdempsey69
11-06-2013, 10:28 PM
No, John Moffitt was not a starter for Denver. It seemed like he never recovered from his rookie injury, same as his ex-Wisconsin teammate Gabe Carimi. Both were good O-Line prospects coming into the 2011 draft & I had hoped the Chiefs would land one or both of them. But things have gone completely sour for both of them in the NFL.

ctchiefsfan
11-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Oh BOTHER! I was thinking maybe our Defense was going to have EVEN MORE of a field day.

Frankenchief
11-07-2013, 12:15 AM
He's solid depth though, I thought. I thought I had heard his name often enough during their game broadcasts.

Seek
11-07-2013, 12:44 PM
I personally think he is just being a baby for not getting a chance to start and taking his balls and going home. I understand the health excuses he is making, and I am fine with that, but what is 8 more games on the side line going to hurt. You are quitting on your teammate, your team and the fans in the middle of a season. I bet the Donkies take legal action against him.

doobs_05
11-07-2013, 12:51 PM
I personally think he is just being a baby for not getting a chance to start and taking his balls and going home. I understand the health excuses he is making, and I am fine with that, but what is 8 more games on the side line going to hurt. You are quitting on your teammate, your team and the fans in the middle of a season. I bet the Donkies take legal action against him.

Yet if this was a chief, your tone would be completely different.

Seek
11-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Yet if this was a chief, your tone would be completely different.

Your right, I would be calling the guy out for quitting on me and my team in a much more pissed off tone. You don't quit in the middle of a season. You buck up finish your obligations and then quit at the end of the year when the team can prepare for your absence. That Bloke took a roster spot from someone who would do anything to play the game. He is leaving his team when it matters most as they start to take on their toughest opponents on their schedule. If he was a Chief. I would call him a PUnk ACE PU$$ unless he had a very valid reason that needed his attention right now. Such as his momma is on a her death bed and he needs to tend to her. This guys is openly admitting that he is just quitting because he is done playing.

I hope he ends up getting sued by the Donkies and then see if he having nothing brings him happiness. I bet once reality hits this Bloke he tries to return to football.

kcvet
11-07-2013, 02:41 PM
he's quitting to protect his health. no more concussions for him. if he's had any

Seek
11-07-2013, 03:01 PM
he's quitting to protect his health. no more concussions for him. if he's had any

That is what he is saying, but I think the real truth is that he is really just not happy being a back up and not playing so he is just quitting and using Health as his crutch to soften up the reall truth that he is a quitter.

TopekaRoy
11-07-2013, 07:04 PM
I have very mixed feelings about this. In a way I admire him for having his priorities right. He is walking away from over a million dollars to spend more time with his family and protect his future health. Not many people would do that. On the other hand he did make a commitment to the team and he should have stayed for the rest of the year before announcing his "retirement." What if the Broncos lose another offensive lineman for the season?

As far as quitting on the team goes, the Broncos are probably better off without him. If you don't love playing football and your heart isn't in it 100%, you are not going to be able to play at an NFL level. If you are an offensive lineman and you are playing while scared of getting hurt, you are not going to be a very good player. At least by freeing up a roster spot, the Broncos can bring in somebody else, although there aren't many pro-caliber OLs sitting out this year.

There is probably more to this story than him just not wanting to play football anymore.

Oddly, the official Broncos website has almost nothing to say about the move. The only thing i could find is this:

The Broncos activated center J.D. Walton (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/jd-walton/f5f30048-7faf-4676-85dc-6fd2349e81d6/) from the reserve/physically unable to perform list to the active roster Tuesday afternoon.
The team also placed guard John Moffitt (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/john-moffitt/12c071cd-938d-4c71-bcac-8c4b233750c9/) on the reserve/left squad list, which allows for a five-day roster exemption.
Maybe they will have more to say after the roster exemption expires on the 10th.

Eydugstr
11-07-2013, 09:12 PM
This is a minor annoyance for the Broncos. Won't change how they play, and sure there'll be plenty of guys out there that'd like to play for Manning.

Hayvern
11-08-2013, 12:43 AM
That is what he is saying, but I think the real truth is that he is really just not happy being a back up and not playing so he is just quitting and using Health as his crutch to soften up the reall truth that he is a quitter.

I agree with Seek, this guy is dumping in a very wimpy manner.