PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Crowd Live!

texaschief
11-11-2013, 03:13 AM

Hey Crowd!! We are launching a new interactive, call-in podcast show called Chiefs Crowd Live (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/chiefscrowdlive). The show will debut tonight (11/11) at 7pm central standard time and will last for an hour leading up to Monday Night Football.

The show will concentrate on the week that was and will also preview the following week's Chiefs games. Over the life of the show, we will bring in special guests while also fielding calls, tweets, and Facebook posts live during the show. You can call in to the show at (347) 426-3244. You can also tweet the show @chiefscrowdlive (https://twitter.com/ChiefsCrowdLive). As long as things are appropriate, if you tweet it, I'll read it. PERIOD.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated to help make the show better. Let us know what you want to hear and what you want to talk about. To get things started, we will be doing a one hour show, once a week. As the weeks go on, let us know if you would like more than one show per week. A review of the game on Monday night and a preview on Friday night might be an option.

If you are interested in being on the show as a special guest, you can private message me here or email me at Texaschiefdt@gmail.com. The show also has its own Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/chiefscrowdlive) which will be monitored live during the show as well.

Please let us know your thoughts. A lot of time and effort is going into this project, so any suggestions would be greatly welcomed to try and make the show a success and something fun for ChiefsCrowd.

NickheadKCAU
11-11-2013, 03:51 AM
Your pic reminds me of a thought.

It is one I have had for over 20 years.

KC needs to have a "Kazoo Day at Arrowhead"

It can only be done once as the NFL would ban them afterwards.

But could you see the humor in the disorientation of the opposing team?

They in all likely hood would call the game if the fans did not stop.

BUT.... would this not be some funny assed ****... not to mention loud as hell?

off topic rant done...

look forward to, time permitting, catching your show.

Justin5772002
11-11-2013, 05:29 AM
Yay we get to see if TEXASCHIEF's voice matches his personality

texaschief
11-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Yay we get to see if TEXASCHIEF's voice matches his personality

... can't tell whether this is an insult or not.

ANYWAY, friendly reminder that the show will start in 1 hour (7pm). Feel free to call in (347) 426-3244 and yell at me like you do on this message board.

matthewschiefs
11-11-2013, 07:15 PM
I would love to call but I'm at work so won't be able to since i pretty much live at work lol but I'll sends some tweets if the store here doesn't get busy

texaschief
11-11-2013, 07:19 PM
There's also a chat on the show site. You can send messages there as well.

TopekaRoy
11-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Hey, TC.

I will be watching Derrick Rose and the Bulls beat the Caveliers, but I'd like to listen to it later. Will the chow be archived/podcasted?

texaschief
11-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Hey, TC.

I will be watching Derrick Rose and the Bulls beat the Caveliers, but I'd like to listen to it later. Will the chow be archived/podcasted?

Yes. I'm new to the software, but I think I can get it done.

TopekaRoy
11-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Yes. I'm new to the software, but I think I can get it done.
Cool. Most of those sites are set up for that. I'm sure you will want to listen to it later to critique yourselves.

Good luck tonight.

texaschief
11-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Thank you to all who called in and contributed to our first show!! We will be back on the air next week to discuss the aftermath of the Chiefs/Broncos game and look ahead to the game with San Diego. We will have a few special guests next week, so please tune in, call in, and help us get this thing off the ground.

Thanks again and hope you enjoy!

Hayvern
11-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Great job man, I wish I could have listened to the whole thing. I will try and be there next week as well.

matthewschiefs
11-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Thank you to all who called in and contributed to our first show!! We will be back on the air next week to discuss the aftermath of the Chiefs/Broncos game and look ahead to the game with San Diego. We will have a few special guests next week, so please tune in, call in, and help us get this thing off the ground.

Thanks again and hope you enjoy!

I enjoyed it pretty good for a first show

Who was the first caller? didn't catch who they were

Justin5772002
11-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Mememe!!! Hey tc I hit a known dead zone and lost ya sorry about that but I tried reconnecting and it would let me listen to about 15 seconds then boot me again over and over again could have been my phone. By wove always pretty much agreed with your points of view that comment about finding out if your voice matched your personality was a joke cause voice pitch/tone has nothing to do with personality usually voices don't match looks though

matthewschiefs
11-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Mememe!!! Hey tc I hit a known dead zone and lost ya sorry about that but I tried reconnecting and it would let me listen to about 15 seconds then boot me again over and over again could have been my phone. By wove always pretty much agreed with your points of view that comment about finding out if your voice matched your personality was a joke cause voice pitch/tone has nothing to do with personality usually voices don't match looks though

good stuff both of you guys made some good points

texaschief
11-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Thanks guys. It was a little rough trying to fill 1 hour with no breaks. A few things didn't go as planned and I kinda got distracted a few times as people were calling in, messaging, and facebooking as well as text messaging, so a few of those hiccups were when I was trying to do 15 things at once. lol I only had 4 days to plan the show AND get through a huge princess party over the weekend.

I anticipate next week's show to go a lot smoother with a little more time to prepare and an actual game to talk about.

The bright side, however, is that I've got a ton of ammo to use now that my Bronco guests didn't call in. Guess they pulled a Peyton and b!tched up...

Ain't it just like a Donkey?

matthewschiefs
11-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Thanks guys. It was a little rough trying to fill 1 hour with no breaks. A few things didn't go as planned and I kinda got distracted a few times as people were calling in, messaging, and facebooking as well as text messaging, so a few of those hiccups were when I was trying to do 15 things at once. lol I only had 4 days to plan the show AND get through a huge princess party over the weekend.

I anticipate next week's show to go a lot smoother with a little more time to prepare and an actual game to talk about.

The bright side, however, is that I've got a ton of ammo to use now that my Bronco guests didn't call in. Guess they pulled a Peyton and b!tched up...

Ain't it just like a Donkey?

1st show kinks are to be expected good show overall still look forward to having something to listen to on mondays while sitting at work

ctchiefsfan
11-11-2013, 11:31 PM
OK....So I am old, tech-stupid and don't use a cell phone.....is their a way for me to listen to the show on this enormous desktop that runs XP? Grateful for any help.

matthewschiefs
11-11-2013, 11:37 PM
OK....So I am old, tech-stupid and don't use a cell phone.....is their a way for me to listen to the show on this enormous desktop that runs XP? Grateful for any help.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/chiefscrowdlive/2013/11/12/episode-1-week-10-review-denver-g1-preview
Just hit the play button a ad will play then it will play the show tonight

brdempsey69
11-11-2013, 11:45 PM
Two sets of twins, TC ? Never heard of that before. A genetic marvel, indeed.

Justin5772002
11-12-2013, 12:31 AM
Funny how I wasn't expecting to go on air right away, I called in it gave me an option to sit on the phone and listen and all of a sudden it said "un-muted" I was like ho-lee-chit

ctchiefsfan
11-12-2013, 12:32 AM
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/chiefscrowdlive/2013/11/12/episode-1-week-10-review-denver-g1-preview
Just hit the play button a ad will play then it will play the show tonightCool! Thanks matthewchiefs! Can I listen next week by hitting the same link?

matthewschiefs
11-12-2013, 01:31 AM
Cool! Thanks matthewchiefs! Can I listen next week by hitting the same link?

This will be the link you want to bookmark
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/chiefscrowdlive

The link I gave you in the other post was to episode one. You get it from the link I gave you in this post by just clicking on episode 1. Next week you will want episode 2 and so on.

ctchiefsfan
11-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Thanks man!

texaschief
11-18-2013, 02:25 AM
Tomorrow night's show goes LIVE at 7pm Central. Rehash of Broncos game 1. What went rights, what went wrong, are there fixes and can the Chiefs compete for a trip to the Super Bowl. We'll look ahead to the game at Arrowhead where the Chiefs will take on San Diego. As always, feel free to call in with any thoughts or opinions you may have. This kind of show works best with your participation. Remember that you can participate by each of the different methods mentioned in the original post.

I will be joined by Brandon Rojas as we discuss all these things and more!!

On a side note, our first episode has over 200 TOTAL LISTENS!! That is incredible!! Spread the word and help us try to grow that number with each passing week!! Let us know what you want to hear, talk about, what we do right and what we can do better.

Thank you for your participation and support!!

texaschief
11-18-2013, 07:37 PM
Chiefs Crowd goes live (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/chiefscrowdlive/2013/11/19/week-11-reviewweek-12-preview)in 20 minutes! Don't forget to call in!

brdempsey69
11-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Overall a very good analysis given. I listened to a replay of the show. Maybe I will call in one of these times.

matthewschiefs
11-19-2013, 11:00 AM
missed the show live last night due to having a major work issue will give it a listen from the website.

texaschief
11-25-2013, 06:31 PM
We go live TONIGHT at 7pm Central. Call in at (347) 426-3244.

Chiefster
11-25-2013, 11:27 PM
Thread stickied! :smile

tornadospotter
11-26-2013, 01:45 AM
Funny how I wasn't expecting to go on air right away, I called in it gave me an option to sit on the phone and listen and all of a sudden it said "un-muted" I was like ho-lee-chit

That is what happen to me also! Yikes, I am live. Lets all plan to get on live and chat, TC how many can be on at the same time? I would like to get Coach all us mods on for a broadcast, would also like CJ and talk Chiefs!

texaschief
11-27-2013, 01:30 AM
I haven't tried multiple callers at the same time. It gives me the option to mute or un-mute each phone line. I haven't had 2 callers at the same time, let alone thought about turning two lines on at the same time. I don't see why it couldn't be done. One of the ideas that I'm kicking around is to have a co-host, whether it be someone who wants to be on the show every week or someone new each week who is perhaps interested from the board.

I'm talking to J.J. Birden about being on the show this next Monday. I've been talking to him for a couple weeks about it and it sounds like it might happen this week. I've also been able to talk briefly with Priest Holmes here in San Antonio and there could be some really cool things coming out of that as well. He has a lounge here and is always up for a good Chiefs discussion.

If anyone has any other connections that might be prudent to the show, let me know and I'll try to bring them on. I've noticed that I don't get too many live listeners at 7pm on Monday evenings. However, each episode has more than 250 downloaded listens. The shows go smoother and are much easier to host with some kind of active participation. If there is a better date and time for this show to go live, please let me know and might be able to switch it over to a day/time where more people might be available to participate.

I am also looking for sponsorships from local KC businesses that might be interested in some cheap exposure. If you know of anyone who might be interested, please send them my way.

Justin5772002
11-28-2013, 02:14 AM
I didn't listen live this week so I streamed it after the fact. Not that it was a bad time cause it's almost perfect for me but, it just wasn't on my mind at the time. I did however set my alarm next Monday to try to catch it

texaschief
12-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Chiefs just scored their first TD. Denver can't do anything with the Chiefs offense so far. If that continues, look for the KC offensive penalties to increase. I'm putting this on the record right now and will be something I'll touch on tomorrow night.

brdempsey69
12-02-2013, 12:28 AM
Chiefs just scored their first TD. Denver can't do anything with the Chiefs offense so far. If that continues, look for the KC offensive penalties to increase. I'm putting this on the record right now and will be something I'll touch on tomorrow night.

More like, look for the Donkeys Offensive penalties to decrease -- which they did. Multiple people say Hali was held repeatedly and it wasn't called.

texaschief
12-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Show goes LIVE tonight at 7pm!! Try and swing by! Tonight, might get a little elevated. I am sorry in advance.

texaschief
12-09-2013, 07:16 PM
Show goes live at 7pm tonight!!

texaschief
12-16-2013, 01:22 AM
There will not be a show tomorrow evening. I'll try to make it up later in the week.

Justin5772002
12-16-2013, 02:56 AM
There will not be a show tomorrow evening. I'll try to make it up later in the week.
Boooooooo, just kidding. Do what u gotta do bro

ctchiefsfan
12-16-2013, 07:57 PM
Why can't the show be streamed here?

Justin5772002
12-23-2013, 08:14 PM
No show again TC?

Chiefster
12-23-2013, 08:15 PM
No show again TC?

Trust me, you don't wanna see it.

texaschief
12-24-2013, 01:10 AM
I'm sorry, guys. Didn't have time to post an update. Spent the day in the hospital with my twin boys who apparently have a bad strain of bronchitis. Christmas is going to be rough this year. I'll try to get back on track next Monday.

Chiefster
12-24-2013, 01:12 AM
Hope the boys are alright buddy! Don't worry about this place, you just take care of that family of yours. :smile

Justin5772002
12-24-2013, 01:43 AM
Yeah man, take care of those kids I'm not going anywhere you can talk with me any other time ;)

texaschief
12-24-2013, 04:03 AM
Yeah man, take care of those kids I'm not going anywhere you can talk with me any other time ;)

Seems like you're the only one who likes the show anyway. lol

Justin5772002
12-24-2013, 11:02 AM
That's because your co-host sucks. Dude know zilch about our beloved chiefs. He is a pretender and I vote he gets kicked off the island

Chiefster
12-24-2013, 04:48 PM

I'll try to tune in. :smile

ctchiefsfan
12-24-2013, 05:55 PM
I hope your boys are feeling a bit more perky in the morning. Young or old it sucks to be feeling poorly on Christmas.