PDA

View Full Version : I'm just curious......

ctchiefsfan
11-15-2013, 12:11 AM
When did the donkeys become PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE in Chiefsland? As a Chiefs fan I go back a long way and to me the raiders will always be the prime enemy. Miami comes in second for that Christmas Day game all those years ago. For me the donks are just that pipsqueek we beat the hell out of from time to time. I know that is not the way it really is any more, but I'm not the sort to let go of a grudge.

When did the donkeys become a more hated enemy than the raiders and those damned fish from Florida????

ctchiefsfan
11-15-2013, 12:26 AM
A good explanation of why I will ALWAYS hate those damned fish from Florida..... http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/12/22/longest.game.ever/ Never did get to see the film that is referenced in this article. Anybody know where I can watch it?

Justin5772002
11-15-2013, 12:48 AM
Want divisional opponent who can rise our division from us is public enemy number 1. Easy as that they are our biggest threat

NickheadKCAU
11-15-2013, 01:07 AM
this is why denver has ALWAYS been a cherished rivalry.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/11/14/4621098/nbcs-al-michaels-has-warm-memories.html

al davis drove the rivalry of old into the ground with managing the raiders his way.

plus denver has been the most successful franchise in the afc west (2 rings the last 15 years).

ctchiefsfan
11-15-2013, 01:18 AM
Justin......

I understand the donks are the biggest problem right now, but that changes year to year. My feelings about the raiders goes back to the many years when the donkey's weren't even a pimple on an ants ash. A rivalry is not based on who the main enemy is this year but rather on who the main enemy is year in and year out. As a reminder.....the last team to directly keep the Chiefs out of the playoffs was NOT the stupid donkeys. It was the raiders on December 24, 2011. The raiders are and always will be our worst enemy. The donkeys are and always have been PRETENDERS. We will teach them a few lessons this year. But that is like swatting an annoying mosquito. The raiders on the other hand are a hornet with a bad attitude. An enemy to be contended with.

ctchiefsfan
11-15-2013, 01:27 AM
this is why denver has ALWAYS been a cherished rivalry.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/11/14/4621098/nbcs-al-michaels-has-warm-memories.html

al davis drove the rivalry of old into the ground with managing the raiders his way.

plus denver has been the most successful franchise in the afc west (2 rings the last 15 years).

That happened a short 19 years ago. I'm an OLD Chiefs fan. For me the raiders will be PUBLIC ENEMY #1 until they change cities, change names and change divisions.

donkeys = flash-in-the-pan pretenders. No donkey is fit to wash a Chiefs shoe after a mud game on natural turf.

I hate the damned donks this year. But I hates me some raiders EVERY YEAR! As a reminder.....the last team to directly keep the Chiefs out of the playoffs was NOT the stupid donkeys. It was the raiders on December 24, 2011.

Justin5772002
11-15-2013, 01:31 AM
That happened a short 19 years ago. I'm an OLD Chiefs fan. For me the raiders will be PUBLIC ENEMY #1 until they change cities, change names and change divisions.

donkeys = flash-in-the-pan pretenders. No donkey is fit to wash a Chiefs shoe after a mud game on natural turf.

I hate the damned donks this year. But I hates me some raiders EVERY YEAR! As a reminder.....the last team to directly keep the Chiefs out of the playoffs was NOT the stupid donkeys. It was the raiders on December 24, 2011.

i see what your saying and I feel the same way. The reason I became a chiefs fan was because I HATE the raiders and their fans.

Ps I live in raider territory

matthewschiefs
11-15-2013, 01:46 AM
For me Denver has always been public enemy number 1. I grew up in the 90s they were the team that was always hurting the Chiefs. I was a teenager when Elway was beating us and had to suffer through watching them win 2 superbowls. I hate the freaking faiders. I don't like the Chargers. But they don't come close to the hate I have for Denver really. I've always hated Denver more then any other team .

NickheadKCAU
11-15-2013, 01:51 AM
i do see your point, and i get it. i was born in 74 myself. and always hated the raiders as you but... when the raiders became the joke of the nfl, i stopped worrying about them.

the last time the raiders imo were relevant was the year the chiefs had to sweep three games against them including the playoffs. not sure what year that was.

but to the chiefs credit, they drove davis mad to the point of senility.

he sold the farm to get back at marcus allen (do you remember al davis implicating allen in the simpson murder trial on monday night?)

yeah, they used to be worthy opponents, but in my eyes, are no longer.

(i personally wished the chiefs of the 90's, had a chance to face the patriots of the new millenium. that would have been nice to see)

brdempsey69
11-15-2013, 01:52 AM
For me, it was when that farce by the officials occurred in that game in KC between the Donks and Chiefs in 1991 and seeing the footage of them behave in the locker room afterward like they had won the game outright, when it was because of major blown calls by the refs. None of the Donks players had the integrity to admit they should have lost. Then of course, seeing them being given 2 SB's and wanting people to think they earned them outright, when they didn't. Think they'll ever admit that the Chiefs got screwed in the 1997 playoff game & that they got a reprieve when Rich Gannon wasn't allowed to play? Fat chance.

As for the 1971 Miami Christmas Day game, at least the Dolphins players admitted that they should have lost. Dolphins CB Tim Foley went on record as saying that the better team didn't win that game.

As for Oakland, at least old-timer George Blanda admitted in his autobiography that the Raiders should have lost that 17-17 tie in KC in 1970.

That's the difference -- at least someone from the Raiders and Dolphins showed some honesty and integrity. You won't see that from the Donkeys camp, not ever.

NickheadKCAU
11-15-2013, 01:52 AM
For me Denver has always been public enemy number 1. I grew up in the 90s they were the team that was always hurting the Chiefs. I was a teenager when Elway was beating us and had to suffer through watching them win 2 superbowls. I hate the freaking faiders. I don't like the Chargers. But they don't come close to the hate I have for Denver really. I've always hated Denver more then any other team .

elway was the reason for my first grey hair at the ripe age of 21!!

NickheadKCAU
11-15-2013, 01:55 AM
speaking of miami:

how bout the chiefs vs miami playoff game (i was in denver that year oddly enought '99? maybe, after they brought in allen and montana, they single handedly lost that game for us, a fumble and interception, maybe more, cant recall.

here is the youtube of the denver kc monday night montana elway game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3ICLnp0f0k

brdempsey69
11-15-2013, 02:10 AM
^^ Thanks for the vid, NickheadKCAU. Always enjoyed seeing Montana upstage Turd Elway on a national stage.

ctchiefsfan
11-15-2013, 02:18 AM
i see what your saying and I feel the same way. The reason I became a chiefs fan was because I HATE the raiders and their fans.

Ps I live in raider territory

My sympathies for your location and my congratulations on recognizing the Primary Enemy.

NickheadKCAU
11-15-2013, 02:24 AM
^^ Thanks for the vid, NickheadKCAU. Always enjoyed seeing Montana upstage Turd Elway on a national stage.

im watching it now, man.... the memories.

greg hill

dale carter

smith/thomas

montana/allen

saleamua!!!

shall i go on?

just into the second quarter.

brdempsey69
11-15-2013, 02:33 AM
^^ At the end of the vid, you will see a link to a 21-minute highlight of SB 24. Montana made Turd Elway look like a Pop Warner pre-schooler in that one.

NickheadKCAU
11-15-2013, 02:55 AM
^^ At the end of the vid, you will see a link to a 21-minute highlight of SB 24. Montana made Turd Elway look like a Pop Warner pre-schooler in that one.

how dare you skip ahead!!! spoiler alert maybe? :D

NickheadKCAU
11-15-2013, 03:03 AM
and lin elliott....

is he not the most hated man in kc history, that was on a chiefs roster?

Eydugstr
11-15-2013, 08:15 AM
For me it was the '92 season. We were leading them at halftime like 16-3, but Elway was really in Marty's head at that point, and brought them back to win it. It was afterwards with Shannon Sharpe on the sideline yapping away like he'd just won the SB that really irked me, and Elway's ego really began to inflate that year. Payback happened when they came to Arrowhead on the last game of the season, and we absolutely destroyed them, like 38-21, with most of their points scored when Marty switched back to a prevent defense out of pity. Even Jaycie Peterson sacked Elway that game.

The Broncos team I used to root for were beginning to turn into arrogant loudmouth jerks that their coach couldn't handle. They were streaky under Wade Phillips, and the front office at that point started just trying to give T. Elway anything he wanted for his passing game, which resulted in some really really cruddy seasons and playoff losses to underdog teams. They didn't make a serious attempt at building a running game until Shanahan became the head coach.

For a lot of Chiefs' fans it was the '97 & '98 seasons were the reasons to hate the Donks. Enough said.

jap1
11-15-2013, 08:27 AM
I dislike the Donks, am annoyed by the Chargers, and HATE the Traitors. I grew up in socal near LA. So I was actually a Raider fan ... until the ditched LA. Being a Traitor fan, I saw a lot of the Chiefs, and really liked their defense and Okoye. My brother stayed with the Raiders, while I went to what I thought was a much better team ... the Chiefs. It also helped that I idolized Joe Montana as a kid. So when he was traded to the Chiefs (for that bum Steve Young, what did he ever do!) I burned my 49ers gear (literally) and became a Chiefs fan. I still have all the newspaper clippings on the trade and from their playoff runs.

I love watching the Traitors and Chokers lose since all my friends back home are fans of one or the other. I could care less about Choker fans, since they are the biggest bandwagoners in sports. But I love rubbing it in my brothers face when we play each other.

ctchiefsfan
11-15-2013, 11:44 AM
I guess it is largely a generational thing. If you became a Chiefs fan in the '60s, '70s or early in the '80s I guess the prime enemy is the raiders. If you became a Chiefs fan in the '90s or later then I guess the donkeys are the most hated team. I hates me some donkeys, but far and away the team I hate the most is oakland. Doesn't help that the first blown replay call was in a game against the raiders. The ruling on the field was "Pass incomplete". The ruling from the booth was "Pass is complete". The stupid F'ing zebras heard "Pass Incomplete" and the ruling on the field stood. That stupidity by the zebras cost KC a LOOOONG completion and ultimately the game. I HATES me some raiders.

chief31
11-15-2013, 12:47 PM
I believe, if records and standings were set evenly with The Donkos and The Raiders, The Raider rivalry would still be the bigger.

But the addition of Peyton Manning, especially when he snubbed us, is a big brick inthe foundation of the current rivalry we have with Denver. Manning has ended our postseason a couplle of times himself, just as Elway did in his era. And that was before he snubbed us and joined a divisional rival.

Last year, our Raiders games were bigger, because we really were not competing for anything more than bragging rights. Whereas this season, we are in direct competition with the Peyton Manning for the dcivisional crown, and the best record in The NFL.

We are currently set-up for some major swings in the balance of rivalries here. These two games are HUGE. And there could be a whole lot of anger built-up between the two fanbases, not to mention the possibility of a third meeting in the playoffs.

So long as we are competing with The Broncos, and not The Raiders, for high stakes, THAT rivalry will grow.

doobs_05
11-15-2013, 01:00 PM
I live in bronco country so yeah.

But it's usually whoever is holding you back or trying to take the top sport from you, so if SD was the 8-1 team, them they'd be the team to hate

brdempsey69
11-15-2013, 01:05 PM
For me it was the '92 season. We were leading them at halftime like 16-3, but Elway was really in Marty's head at that point, and brought them back to win it. It was afterwards with Shannon Sharpe on the sideline yapping away like he'd just won the SB that really irked me, and Elway's ego really began to inflate that year. Payback happened when they came to Arrowhead on the last game of the season, and we absolutely destroyed them, like 38-21, with most of their points scored when Marty switched back to a prevent defense out of pity. Even Jaycie Peterson sacked Elway that game.

The Broncos team I used to root for were beginning to turn into arrogant loudmouth jerks that their coach couldn't handle. They were streaky under Wade Phillips, and the front office at that point started just trying to give T. Elway anything he wanted for his passing game, which resulted in some really really cruddy seasons and playoff losses to underdog teams. They didn't make a serious attempt at building a running game until Shanahan became the head coach.

For a lot of Chiefs' fans it was the '97 & '98 seasons were the reasons to hate the Donks. Enough said.

The worst part of it was the ridiculously easy schedules that they were given both of those years. During the '80s when Montana and the 49ers were having their great success, the Niners schedules were chock full of tough road games against teams that had been in the post-season the year before.

When the '97 and '98 schedules came out, I looked at the Donkey's schedule and said "you gotta be kidding, the Donkeys do not have to play one single team in their park that made the playoffs the year before through the first 10 games". That was not the case in 1992, when the Donks had to play a 1st place schedule after going 12-4 in 1991 and of course, the Donks got the living hell beaten out of them multiple times in 1992.

doobs_05
11-15-2013, 01:07 PM
The worst part of it was the ridiculously easy schedules that they were given both of those years. During the '80s when Montana and the 49ers were having their great success, the Niners schedules were chock full of tough road games against teams that had been in the post-season the year before.

When the '97 and '98 schedules came out, I looked at the Donkey's schedule and said "you gotta be kidding, the Donkeys do not have to play one single team in their park that made the playoffs the year before through the first 10 games". That was not the case in 1992, when the Donks had to play a 1st place schedule after going 12-4 in 1991 and of course, the Donks got the living hell beaten out of them multiple times in 1992.

Wasn't the schedule premade just like it is now? If so, complaining about the schedule would be like everyone complaining about the chiefs schedule now

brdempsey69
11-15-2013, 01:47 PM
Hey doobs-05. Shut the f#ck up !! I told you already that you went to my ignore list. Don't waste tour time with responses to me, as I won't ever see them. I have no interest in your analysis because many of your post seem to indicate you are a closet Donkeys fan drag queen.

doobs_05
11-15-2013, 02:00 PM
Hey doobs-05. Shut the f#ck up !! I told you already that you went to my ignore list. Don't waste tour time with responses to me, as I won't ever see them. I have no interest in your analysis because many of your post seem to indicate you are a closet Donkeys fan drag queen.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

jap1
11-15-2013, 02:35 PM

Dude calm down. What is your problem. He asks you a legitimate question and you blow up? People apparently cannot disagree with you ever, cuz you always seem to take it personal.

doobs_05
11-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Dude calm down. What is your problem. He asks you a legitimate question and you blow up? People apparently cannot disagree with you ever, cuz you always seem to take it personal.

I upset him yesterday as well. So it looked like i was searching for his post. I'm probably at fault, but whatever

brdempsey69
11-15-2013, 03:01 PM
I believe, if records and standings were set evenly with The Donkos and The Raiders, The Raider rivalry would still be the bigger.

But the addition of Peyton Manning, especially when he snubbed us, is a big brick inthe foundation of the current rivalry we have with Denver. Manning has ended our postseason a couplle of times himself, just as Elway did in his era. And that was before he snubbed us and joined a divisional rival.

Last year, our Raiders games were bigger, because we really were not competing for anything more than bragging rights. Whereas this season, we are in direct competition with the Peyton Manning for the dcivisional crown, and the best record in The NFL.

We are currently set-up for some major swings in the balance of rivalries here. These two games are HUGE. And there could be a whole lot of anger built-up between the two fanbases, not to mention the possibility of a third meeting in the playoffs.

So long as we are competing with The Broncos, and not The Raiders, for high stakes, THAT rivalry will grow.

Good points. Plus, the rivalry with the Raiders just never has been as intense as it was in the late 60' and early '70's. The bitter hatred that was there between the Chiefs -- Raiders at that time, has never been as intense since that time, even when the teams were contenders.

Thing with the Donkeys got heated up due to a number of mitigating circumstances that started in the late '80's when Marty became HC and proceeded to keep blowing ball games to Elway and the Donks just like he did in Cleveland.

People forget that during the '60's that Chiefs were 19-1 against the Donkeys.

brdempsey69
11-15-2013, 04:28 PM

You shut up, as well. It's not your concern & I'm not your adolescent little brother. If you want to play mother hen, then go use somebody else, not me.

doobs_05
11-15-2013, 04:32 PM
You shut up, as well. It's not your concern & I'm not your adolescent little brother. If you want to play mother hen, then go use somebody else, not me.

http://3-akamai.tapcdn.com/images/thumbs/taps/2013/05/antonio-banderas-gif-52bbd904-original.gif

Eydugstr
11-15-2013, 05:52 PM

The 49'er's were an absolute machine at that point. A LOT of those guys went on to get golden jackets and a second address in Canton, Ohio.

Another great moment from the '92 season...The lowly Dave Krieg-less 2-14 Seattle Seahawks beating the Broncos on MNF.

brdempsey69
11-15-2013, 06:02 PM
The 49'er's were an absolute machine at that point. A LOT of those guys went on to get golden jackets and a second address in Canton, Ohio.

Another great moment from the '92 season...The lowly Dave Krieg-less 2-14 Seattle Seahawks beating the Broncos on MNF.

Yes, I remember that game in Seattle on MNF & ironically went to the Kingdome in '93 to watch Montana lead the Chiefs to a 31-16 victory. The Donks didn't have Elway in that MNF game against the Hawks, but the Donks didn't beat the Hawks by much when they did have Elway later that year in Denver.