PDA

View Full Version : Even the denver media is talking trash now.

ctchiefsfan
11-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Check out this article from the denver Post. http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dbL5z?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=kansas-city-chiefs Hope this article gets seen by every Chiefs player.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!

doobs_05
11-15-2013, 01:05 PM
A guy who is a bronco fan writing for the denver post wrote an article bashing the chiefs

i'm shocked

/sarcasm

brdempsey69
11-15-2013, 02:07 PM
And yet, you can bet that same writer wouldn't call the '97 and '98 Donkeys a fraud, even though they were.

Eydugstr
11-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Will go ahead and paste the article....

he Broncos can do the rest of the NFL a favor and expose Kansas City as a fraud hiding behind its 9-0 record.
The Chiefs do not have what it takes to win the Super Bowl.
The Chiefs are a cute story, but nothing more than an inconvenience to serious championship contenders. They're ankle biters. So long as they don't bite the aching ankle of Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, Denver has nothing to worry about in the AFC showdown Sunday night.
Rumor has it the Chiefs are the next great NFL defense.
Truth is: The last time the Chiefs were spotted in Denver, all those legend-in-the-making defenders — including Eric Berry, Justin Houston, Dontari Poe and Tamba Hali — walked off the field in defeat after being torched for 38 points during one of those wintry, 35-degree days that supposedly reduces Manning to a quivering, shivering shell of a quarterback.
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2013/1110/20131110__peyton-manning-broncos-pregame-111013~p1_200.jpg (http://www.denverpost.com/portlet/article/html/imageDisplay.jsp?contentItemRelationshipId=5544282 )Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning comes off the field after pre-game warm ups in San Diego before facing the Chargers. More photos. (http://photos.denverpost.com/2013/11/10/photos-denver-broncos-vs-san-diego-chargers/) (John Leyba, The Denver Post)

Jack Del Rio owns the coolest hair of any NFL coach and is blessed with the strongest jaw to walk a sideline since Bill Cowher retired. Del Rio can let a knucklehead know he doesn't know Jack with a single steely-eyed look. I should know. I got the look from Del Rio by asking this question:
Do the Chiefs resemble the 2000 Baltimore Ravens, the last NFL defense to win a championship by itself?
"Not really, yet," said Del Rio, who coached that Baltimore defense. "You have to sustain it over time."
The Ravens were as nasty as linebacker Ray Lewis' snarl, and Hall of Famer Rod Woodson had his back. Baltimore limited its foes to one touchdown per game and 0.8 points per possession.
"There have been a few teams that have kind of approached what we did in 2000 and haven't quite matched it," Del Rio said. "But every year, you get a new opportunity. Somebody gets an opportunity to try and chase that down."
In other words: Have fun trying, Chiefs.
Kansas City is experimenting with a championship formula that works maybe once a decade in the NFL. A stout defense that can create its own offense. A nondescript quarterback that considers a long pass as anything traveling 5 yards down the field.
I asked Broncos veteran Champ Bailey: Given a choice between a really good offense and a really good defense, the advantage goes to ...
"Well, the NFL definitely has made it hard for a really good defense in this league ..." replied Bailey, before quickly showing the proper respect to the Chiefs and insisting it could go either way.
But we know the facts: The NFL loves offense. The rules are bent in the favor of Denver over K.C.
Football is an emotional game. The Chiefs are riding high with a chest-thumping joy that feels like magic. It reminds me a little of the smiles caused in Denver back in the day by Tim Tebow.
The only trouble with magic? It goes poof and is gone.
Unless the talented front seven of the Kansas City defense can find a way to mess up Manning by treating his right ankle like a chew toy, the Denver offense should shred the Chiefs' secondary.
This game has 31-13 written all over it. Broncos win. Chiefs go in a tailspin.
Kansas City throws such an awesome tailgate party, the city doesn't need a great football team, but deserves one. Andy Reid is the prohibitive favorite as coach of the year. And good for Alex Smith if he gives Mr. Know-it-all Harbaugh in San Francisco even one second of doubt about casting aside the wrong quarterback.
I'm not particularly smart. But what little advanced education that stuck with me was received in the fine state of Missouri.
So I do know how to spell Chiefs: F-R-A-U-D.
Mark Kiszla: mkiszla@denverpost.com or twitter.com/markkiszla (http://twitter.com/markkiszla)

Read more: Kiszla: Chiefs are 9-0, but they aren't Super Bowl worthy - The Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_24527741/mark-kiszla-chiefs-not-super-bowl-worthy#ixzz2klZlKO9P) http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_24527741/mark-kiszla-chiefs-not-super-bowl-worthy#ixzz2klZlKO9P
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=drJey4bd8r3PGFab7jrHtB&u=Denverpost) | Denverpost on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=drJey4bd8r3PGFab7jrHtB&u=Denverpost)

brdempsey69
11-15-2013, 08:40 PM
^^ No respect. The author of that article sounds fearful & he spouts off like he thinks Sunday nights game is going to be the "be all, end all" games for the Chiefs this season. It's not, and they will get another chance in two weeks at KC & by the time the season is done, this game on Nov. 17th in Denver could wind up being totally insignificant for all anybody knows. Notice that he also mentions that 38-3 season final ( like that was really a meaningful game for the Chiefs -- yeah right ), but doesn't mention the game played at Arrowhead in 2012 where the Donks only scored 17 points. It also doesn't mention that the Chiefs have SIX DB's on their roster that weren't there last year.

He's clearly talking out of a black kettle when he mentions the word FRAUD. He need not look any further than the '97 and '98 Donkeys for the real meaning of the word FRAUD.

Eydugstr
11-15-2013, 09:35 PM
"A nondescript quarterback that considers a long pass as anything traveling 5 yards down the field."

I'll remember that.

ctchiefsfan
11-16-2013, 12:21 AM
"A nondescript quarterback that considers a long pass as anything traveling 5 yards down the field."

I'll remember that.

I hope Alex Smith decides to shove those words right down the dumb S.O.B.s throat! Payback can be a POWERFUL motivator!!!! GO ALEX!!!!!!! 4 offensive TDs!!!!!!

brdempsey69
11-16-2013, 12:22 AM

I'll remember that.

Most of Mannings passing yards in the SD game came as a result of yards after the catch. There were a couple of downfield throws that were completions, but if SD had tackled properly, then there would have been a lot less yards in Mannings passing totals. For the most part, it was dink and dunk for Manning. Chiefs defenders simply have to be there and tackle Donkeys receivers when they do catch the ball.

I hope Alex Smith decides to shove those words right down the dumb S.O.B.s throat! Payback can be a POWERFUL motivator!!!! GO ALEX!!!!!!! 4 offensive TDs!!!!!!

If this happens, then the Chiefs win..........plain and simple.

ctchiefsfan
11-16-2013, 12:43 AM
Yes. If the offense scores 4 TDs then we will all be partying to the wee hours Sunday night. I'm looking for that plus another TD from the D or Special Teams. I don't want us to BBQ the donkeys....I want us to HUMILIATE THEM!!!!!!

brdempsey69
11-16-2013, 12:59 AM
This article should be posted in every Chiefs players locker, not only for this game, but also in the rematch in KC in two weeks.

ctchiefsfan
11-16-2013, 01:17 AM
This article should be posted in every Chiefs players locker, not only for this game, but also in the rematch in KC in two weeks.

Without a doubt! Let's amp this one up like the Raiders games used to be! This is not a game....this IS WAR!!!!

kcvet
11-16-2013, 10:29 AM
see what happens when you legalize pot ??

ctchiefsfan
11-16-2013, 11:26 AM

Yup! You get twisted donkeys! Our defense is going to twist some donkeys tomorrow.....right into a pretzel!

Eydugstr
11-16-2013, 12:49 PM

:lol:

kcvet
11-16-2013, 01:01 PM
Yup! You get twisted donkeys! Our defense is going to twist some donkeys tomorrow.....right into a pretzel!

i sent him a not very nice email. let's see if the Joker responds

TopekaRoy
11-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Kizsla is a no-talent hack who panders to his reader base by telling them what they want to hear. He intentionally uses inflammatory rhetoric to draw (negative) attention to himself and this time it worked. I never would have heard of him or read his article if he hadn't called the Chiefs "frauds" and this article got him national attention.

610 Sports tried to get him on the radio to defend the article, but he didn't have the cojones to go on the air. He's a scumbag with no journalistic integrity.

If the Chiefs win, I wonder if he will admit he was wrong on Monday or if he will write an article full of excuses for why the Broncos lost. I think we can all guess the answer to that question.

brdempsey69
11-16-2013, 03:54 PM
Quite correct, TopekaRoy. If Kizsla and the so many other Donkeys fans had been saying something along the lines "the Chiefs have much improved team in 2013 and we are looking forward to the Broncos matchups with them" and left it at that, then that would have been one thing.

But, all we've been hearing for weeks now from the Donkeys camp is "how bad a beatdown the Donkeys are going to lay on the Chiefs, the Chiefs are a fraud, the Chiefs are the worst 9-0 team, ever" etc. etc. No respect at all whatsoever.

To me, it sounds like there is a lot more fear coming from the Donkeys camp than the Chiefs camp. Even if the Donks win this game, they still have to play in NE the next week and in KC the week after that, so the Donkeys camp would do well not to go spouting off in the manner that they already have.

The Donkeys camp is talking like they should already be crowned SB champs for 2013, without them having earned it outright on the playing field.

ctchiefsfan
11-17-2013, 12:56 AM
Quite correct, TopekaRoy. If Kizsla and the so many other Donkeys fans had been saying something along the lines "the Chiefs have much improved team in 2013 and we are looking forward to the Broncos matchups with them" and left it at that, then that would have been one thing.

Quite right. He wouldn't even have had to go that far. Simply acknowledge that it is likely to be a tough game.

But, all we've been hearing for weeks now from the Donkeys camp is "how bad a beatdown the Donkeys are going to lay on the Chiefs, the Chiefs are a fraud, the Chiefs are the worst 9-0 team, ever" etc. etc. No respect at all whatsoever.

They live in FEAR!!!! They need to talk big to chase away their fears.

To me, it sounds like there is a lot more fear coming from the Donkeys camp than the Chiefs camp. Even if the Donks win this game, they still have to play in NE the next week and in KC the week after that, so the Donkeys camp would do well not to go spouting off in the manner that they already have.

Donkeys fans are living in forehead land. Chiefs fans live in reality......we realize this is likely to be our toughest game so far this year.

The Donkeys camp is talking like they should already be crowned SB champs for 2013, without them having earned it outright on the playing field.

They will have to beat us at least TWICE, maybe 3 times if they want any shot at the Super Bowl. Donkeys are Custer. Chiefs are going to take some scalps!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eydugstr
11-17-2013, 04:33 PM

Given what we saw at the end of the Broncos/Chargers game...I'd wager a beer or soda that when the Donks come back to KC, Osweiler is the starting QB. In many ways, they think that they have won (or at least owed) something, because of who they have at QB.

Denver is caught up in QB euphoria with Peyton Manning. It's really easy for them to do, given the years with Elway and Peyton's ability to slice defenses apart. T. Elway has got that front office knee deep in the belief that it's all about the QB. But Denver is about get a harsh reminder that they didn't draft Peyton when he was 22 years old. They got him when he was 37, post neck surgeries. When Peyton goes down (and at some point he will) what's plan B ? When Peyton goes, there goes the offensive coordinator, too.

Remember the pattern of how the media treated Denver QB's after Elway? Bob Griese, he's our guy. Oh no, maybe he isn't John Elway, and because he isn't, he's evil. Jake Plummer, he's our guy, even runs bootlegs like Elway. Oops, maybe not. Let's rag on Plummer, because after all Cutler is the end all be all of QB's, genetically created to solve all of Denver's problems, runs bootlegs better than Plummer and almost as good as Elway...Oops, he's not getting as much love as Elway, apparently the man was in it for the money after all and took a bigger contract with Chicago...He's evil, rag on him. Damn professional, has the nerve to be in it for the money...Enter and exit Kyle Orton, who was given the stamp of "He who is not John Elway" from word GO. Enter Tim Tebow, whose strong arm reminded Denver media fondly of ...guess who...John Elway. Unfortunately no matter how much he prayed, it didn't improve Tebow's ability to look like T. Elway, who by this time had his nose planted in Pat Bowlen's rump that surgery would be required to separate the two. Tebow was on the outs, because...heaven forbid...He was no John Elway. Anyone else seeing the pattern?

Enter Peyton Manning, fresh from throwing a hissy fit with Indy for not wanting to share locker space with Andrew Luck. Joke: How does one get two huge egos to fit into the same room? Punchline: Use $95 million dollars to grease the doorways. But the man has talent, and reminds Denver fans of...you guessed it...John Elway.

Denver media, please take a close look at what happened to the Indy Colts during the 2011 season. Because when Peyton checks out, that's what you're going to be left with.

brdempsey69
11-17-2013, 05:04 PM
^^Great analysis, Eydugstr and that's what really frosts me more than anything is that the Donkeys camp THINKS that they are entitled to have the playing field tilted in their favor by whatever means & that opponents are obligated to just roll over on their backs and die when they face the Donkeys, just because they have Manning at QB.

If the playing field starts to get tilted in the Donkeys favor for Manning's sake ( and Chiefs fans need to watch this closely tonight ), then , as dirty as it is, it's time for someone to put the permanent KNOCKOUT on Manning and put an end to that charade. Manning already has a SB that he won outright with Indy and doesn't need to be "given" one in Denver.

Eydugstr
11-17-2013, 07:38 PM
^^Great analysis, Eydugstr and that's what really frosts me more than anything is that the Donkeys camp THINKS that they are entitled to have the playing field tilted in their favor by whatever means & that opponents are obligated to just roll over on their backs and die when they face the Donkeys, just because they have Manning at QB.

If the playing field starts to get tilted in the Donkeys favor for Manning's sake ( and Chiefs fans need to watch this closely tonight ), then , as dirty as it is, it's time for someone to put the permanent KNOCKOUT on Manning and put an end to that charade. Manning already has a SB that he won outright with Indy and doesn't need to be "given" one in Denver.

Don't think that KC will be the type of team to make an outright, blatant illegal hit, but don't be surprised if some team that's out of the playoff hunt, and looking to play spoiler, does. The Raiders are notorious for doing this. The logic being "Hey, we're going to be penalized, might as well have the pleasure of making the hit." It's also another reason the refs should focus on being consistent with their calls.

If Manning goes down, get ready for the media crudstorm that comes next. There will be trouble afoot in Camp Elway. But hey that's the bed they made, THEY get to sleep on it.

brdempsey69
11-17-2013, 07:55 PM
To any Donkeys fans that may be reading this, just let me tell you something:

If your going to be dumb enough to come to Chiefs camps and talk your dumb Donkey doo-doo they way that you have, then you better be smart enough to know that there's going to be a rematch in KC in two weeks and if the Chiefs don't win tonight, the Chiefs will most likely come into the rematch sky-high and blood thirsty in KC.