PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs should apologize to Steeler's fans

NJChiefs
12-29-2013, 08:11 PM
What an embarrassment. Sitting your starters is an embarrassment. Andy Reid should apologize to the entire league. It would serve us right if we met the Bolts in the playoffs and they kicked our as*es. A game is never meaningless, and to play it that way is BS. Steelers fans should despise the Chiefs for a long time. They had an amazing turnaround this year and the Chiefs ruined it for them, and we let the hated Bolts prance right into the playoffs. I am so pis*ed off right now, and anybody that disagrees with my opinion on this can go play in their sandbox. We are 2-5 in our last seven. Limping in. Karma will finish the Chiefs off this year.

#58ChiefsFan
12-29-2013, 08:15 PM
Little more salty with Succop than Andy.

KCMASS
12-29-2013, 08:22 PM
I'll never apologize to the Steelers. I hate them. Yeah...I don't like the fact that we lost to the Bolts again & gave them a chance in the playoffs. We had them & Ryan Succop blew it. We played a solid game today & Chase Daniels looked halfway decent. I not happy, but I won't stew like our other loses.

BoltWalt
12-29-2013, 08:25 PM
No need to apologize for a situation that the Stillers put themselves in, they should have won more games.

matthewschiefs
12-29-2013, 08:52 PM
The Steelers let the Chiefs down a few years ago didn't get an I'm sorry so why should they get one now.

Chiefster
12-29-2013, 09:03 PM
...Sorry. but I don't feel one bit sorry for the Steelers, but here's an apology nonetheless: I'm sorry you (the Steelers) weren't good enough to get into the playoffs.

garciakcfan
12-29-2013, 09:10 PM
And if #25 got hurt because of the way you think you'd be throwing a fit about playing starters. I can care less about this game. The real one starts next week. After comments like that I don't think you should be allowed to watch it... Maybe you should be a steelers fan?

matthewschiefs
12-29-2013, 09:13 PM
...Sorry. but I don't feel one bit sorry for the Steelers, but here's an apology nonetheless: I'm sorry you (the Steelers) weren't good enough to get into the playoffs.

THIS

The Chiefs didn't make them get off to a horrible start they did that on their own

IowaChief
12-29-2013, 09:13 PM
What an embarrassment. Sitting your starters is an embarrassment. Andy Reid should apologize to the entire league. It would serve us right if we met the Bolts in the playoffs and they kicked our as*es. A game is never meaningless, and to play it that way is BS. Steelers fans should despise the Chiefs for a long time. They had an amazing turnaround this year and the Chiefs ruined it for them, and we let the hated Bolts prance right into the playoffs. I am so pis*ed off right now, and anybody that disagrees with my opinion on this can go play in their sandbox. We are 2-5 in our last seven. Limping in. Karma will finish the Chiefs off this year.

Please become a Steelers fan or some other teams fan... You are pathetic.

NJChiefs
12-29-2013, 09:17 PM
Bottom line is, the Chiefs were a terrible team over the last half of the season. A win today would have boosted pride and confidence
after last week's debacle, and perhaps increased the feeling that they were deserving of the playoffs. You think Smith is confident going into Indy after last week? Sorry boys. Hate to say it but I smell one and done.

NJChiefs
12-29-2013, 09:19 PM

Good point. Thanks for your insightful comments.

garciakcfan
12-29-2013, 09:24 PM
And what if our 2nd and 3rd string players pulled this win off?? What would you have said then?

garciakcfan
12-29-2013, 09:27 PM
You sound about as smart as that Dempsey guy who said it was time for Brandon flowers to get traded a few weeks ago... Ahem, pro bowler Brandon flowers...

ctchiefsfan
12-29-2013, 09:27 PM
Jersey.....

I hear where you are coming from and I am NOT happy either. I'm a firm believer in going into the playoffs on a high note, ESPECIALLY if you are going in as a wildcard.....and we sure as hell aren't doing that. I think making 4 of our 8 pro-bowlers inactive for this game was a mistake. They should have at least been available.

That said, I am not going to hate on Andy Reid. 2-14 to 11-5 and a playoff berth is DAMNED IMPRESSIVE. And when everything is said and done, we are still in the playoffs.....thought to be honest I'm not feeling all that good about our first round game against the colts. To go anywhere in the playoffs, wildcard teams generally need to be on a roll at the end of the season and we surely aren't.

But I am giving Reid a pass on this decision that I don't agree with. He has just done too much right this season to crucify him for what I agree are some mistakes in the last couple of weeks.

And I am giving a pass to Succup too. He sure did suck it up today, but he is a damned good kicker and as mad as I am at him how can I get too mad at him for blowing a FG in a game that Reid had already made clear he didn't care about?

Reid and Succup screwed the pooch today and probably screwed our chances in the playoffs, but no......I'm not ready for a firing squad. Both Andy Reid and Succup have earned themselves a lot of "second chances".

Chiefster
12-29-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm proud of our backups, they played very well against a good Charger team taking them right down to the wire. We gave the Bolts all they could handle today.

ctchiefsfan
12-29-2013, 09:32 PM

HEY! C'mon.....That ain't right. We're all pished off right now, but we shouldn't be telling guys to become fans of another team. That just ain't right.

matthewschiefs
12-29-2013, 09:36 PM
Bottom line is, the Chiefs were a terrible team over the last half of the season. A win today would have boosted pride and confidence
after last week's debacle, and perhaps increased the feeling that they were deserving of the playoffs. You think Smith is confident going into Indy after last week? Sorry boys. Hate to say it but I smell one and done.

That's one way to look at today

But don't you think today gave this team some confidence? They went toe to toe with what is now a playoff team with 2 of their 22 starters. Yes last week sucked but that was not the norm. They did things in that game they didn't any of the others. It was a klunker. Many teams have a game like that.

I'm going into next week expecting to be one and done. And you know what I'm ok with that. You want to know why. 2-14 that's why. Teams don't go from 2-14 to superbowl champs. It just doesn't happen. This team has made AMAZING progress this year. I don't care what anyone says about who they've beaten guess what they weren't BEATING ANYONE last year. It's still progress. This team just wasn't going to walk in and all of a sudden become world beaters. They still have holes to fill. But this year has been a great season. One and done or not there's nothing to hang your head about. You can call me a homer or anything you want. But it's just being real. I think we have all come to learn that this isn't a super bowl team right now. But at the end of the day they are MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH closer to being a super bowl team then they were at this time last year. We are not going to wake up tomorrow hereing ANTHER coach is gone. We can't ask for anything more then what we've gotten from this team in year one of a new regime coming off a 2-14 year. To ask more is just being unrealistic

garciakcfan
12-29-2013, 09:37 PM
What are you mad about? Seriously!? We're in the freaking playoffs!!!!! If we come to play next week we have a damn good chance to win.

IowaChief
12-29-2013, 09:40 PM

They were horrible one game, last week against the Colts, all year... They played the Broncos tough twice, and lost to the Chargers the first time after Hali and Houston went out. Today was back ups and they played very well. Rarely is a 5th seed locked in at the start of week 17. It was prudent to sit the starters. If you are the 1 or 2 seed you may have an argument, sitting them for two weeks... We looked tired and worn out against the colts, I hope this remedies it... If the Chiefs lay and egg in INDY you will be right... but I have a feeling you will be proven wrong... I at least have confidence in our team and not a whiny pessimistic, "hate the man", type of fan...

garciakcfan
12-29-2013, 09:41 PM
I agree 110% and that is exactly how I feel. Well said coach. Any given Sunday damnit!!

NJChiefs
12-29-2013, 09:41 PM
And what if our 2nd and 3rd string players pulled this win off?? What would you have said then?

I would have said ... Well dang good for them backups! But we're not starting the backups next week, are we? Or are we? Maybe Andy Reid is a genius!

IowaChief
12-29-2013, 09:43 PM
HEY! C'mon.....That ain't right. We're all pished off right now, but we shouldn't be telling guys to become fans of another team. That just ain't right.

Sure it is... Especially to those fans who think we are an embarrassment this year after going 2-14 last year...

garciakcfan
12-29-2013, 09:48 PM
This is why I stopped coming on this site... Negative whiny *** "fans".

I would have said ... Well dang good for them backups! But we're not starting the backups next week, are we? Or are we? Maybe Andy Reid is a genius!

IowaChief
12-29-2013, 09:50 PM
This is why I stopped coming on this site... Negative whiny *** "fans".

I am tending to agree. The same folks. If we were 14-2 or 15-1 some on here wouldn't be happy...

NJChiefs
12-29-2013, 09:56 PM
I at least have confidence in our team and not a whiny pessimistic, "hate the man", type of fan...

You clearly don't know me Iowa. So let me ask you. Why did you watch the game today? And why are your comments and game analyses littered all over this site today. Why waste your time on a worthless game? Weren't you even a little po'd when Succup missed that field goal? If you weren't well then I salute you for your "my daddy can do no wrong" emotionless outlook on life. But I suspect you were a little po'd and my impulsive outburst has struck a little chord with you.

ctchiefsfan
12-29-2013, 10:03 PM
They were horrible one game, last week against the Colts, all year... They played the Broncos tough twice, and lost to the Chargers the first time after Hali and Houston went out. Today was back ups and they played very well. Rarely is a 5th seed locked in at the start of week 17. It was prudent to sit the starters. If you are the 1 or 2 seed you may have an argument, sitting them for two weeks... We looked tired and worn out against the colts, I hope this remedies it... If the Chiefs lay and egg in INDY you will be right... but I have a feeling you will be proven wrong... I at least have confidence in our team and not a whiny pessimistic, "hate the man", type of fan...

Iowa.......I REALLY hope you are right. I don't completely agree with Jersey, and I have a real problem with people telling him to be a fan of another team, but I am not happy with this decision to deactivate 4 of our 8 pro-bowlers. I think is was a serious mistake. IMO we needed some momentum going into the playoffs. But long/short I figure Andy Reid has earned the right to make a few mistakes. 2-14 to 11-5 and the playoffs should be enough to pay for a mistake now and then.

Sure do hope you are right though. And if we win the game against the colts I'll be the first to say I was completely wrong.

IowaChief
12-29-2013, 10:05 PM
You clearly don't know me Iowa. So let me ask you. Why did you watch the game today? And why are your comments and game analyses littered all over this site today. Why waste your time on a worthless game? Weren't you even a little po'd when Succup missed that field goal? If you weren't well then I salute you for your "my daddy can do know wrong" emotionless outlook on life. But I suspect you were a little po'd and my impulsive outburst has struck a little chord with you.

I watched because I am a Chiefs fan. I believe sitting the starters was the right call. It looked as though the teams legs and minds were tired last week vs. the colts. I think we would have had way less confidence if a tired worn out starting O and D went in to San Diego and got beat...I watched because I am excited about some of the young talent on our team. Why am I so ticked... I am ticked because we should have won the game but did due to two obviously bad calls. I am ticked because I think the Steelers could have beaten the Bengals and given the Pats a run for their money, and if the Chiefs could beat the Colts and Donkeys, the Chiefs could have had a home AFC Championship game. It's a stretch, but the Steelers were the best chance, not going to happen with the Bolts... I don't know you, but I can assume alot by your different post... You don't like people who make a lot of money, especially football players who are resting for a big playoff game, and you think you know more than Andy Reid and how tired and beat up his starters are...

garciakcfan
12-29-2013, 10:12 PM
You only needed your first 7 words... Lol

ctchiefsfan
12-29-2013, 10:15 PM
WTF is wrong with everybody? Yeah......we lost a game that our 2cond string played. And yeah.....some of us think playing the second string was a mistake and some of us think it was the right thing to do. But why in fu*k are we playing piranha?

Last time I checked we had a playoff game to play next week and instead of calling each other and Andy Reid asholes I figure we should be pretty damned happy we are playing next week.

NJChiefs
12-29-2013, 10:19 PM
I watched because I am a Chiefs fan. I believe sitting the starters was the right call. It looked as though the teams legs and minds were tired last week vs. the colts. I think we would have had way less confidence if a tired worn out starting O and D went in to San Diego and got beat...I watched because I am excited about some of the young talent on our team. Why am I so ticked... I am ticked because we should have won the game but did due to two obviously bad calls. I am ticked because I think the Steelers could have beaten the Bengals and given the Pats a run for their money, and if the Chiefs could beat the Colts and Donkeys, the Chiefs could have had a home AFC Championship game. It's a stretch, but the Steelers were the best chance, not going to happen with the Bolts... I don't know you, but I can assume alot by your different post... You don't like people who make a lot of money, especially football players who are resting for a big playoff game, and you think you know more than Andy Reid and how tired and beat up his starters are...

OK. So if this was your initial reply, instead of simply "you are pathetic" perhaps I wouldn't have assumed that you were a neanderthal. You make a lot of good points. Mine would be that teams get better towards the end of the season because they are playing MORE football. I don't think that statistics support the argument that a weeks rest improves your team's chances of winning the next game, particularly in this situation. Correct me if I am wrong. Now if we had played a stellar game last week, perhaps my thinking would be different. And why do you assume that I don't like people who make a lot of money? That seems somewhat random and silly.

NJChiefs
12-29-2013, 10:21 PM
WTF is wrong with everybody? Yeah......we lost a game that our 2cond string played. And yeah.....some of us think playing the second string was a mistake and some of us think it was the right thing to do. But why in fu*k are we playing piranha?

Last time I checked we had a playoff game to play next week and instead of calling each other and Andy Reid asholes I figure we should be pretty damned happy we are playing next week.

Hey Connecticut! I'm just having a little fun getting a charge (no pun intended) out of these guys :)

garciakcfan
12-29-2013, 10:21 PM
Your post came up on my Facebook feed, so I checked it out, I just couldn't understand how somebody could be mad at watching our bench go toe to toe in a meaningful game... At least for the other team. That annoyed me more than the loss. So I felt like I had to say something.

Chiefster
12-29-2013, 10:29 PM

...This. Everyone needs to take a step back, take some deep breaths and calm down. Regardless of how we end the season we are headed in the right direction. Take a moment and reflect on what your reasonable expectations were of this team at the start of the season and then ask yourself exactly how disappointed you should be with this team overall at this point in the season. Sure I'm disappointed with the loss but our backups held their own against their starters. I simply cannot be upset with their performance today despite the loss in OT.

IowaChief
12-29-2013, 10:29 PM
OK. So if this was your initial reply, instead of simply "you are pathetic" perhaps I wouldn't have assumed that you were a neanderthal. You make a lot of good points. Mine would be that teams get better towards the end of the season because they are playing MORE football. I don't think that statistics support the argument that a weeks rest improves your team's chances of winning the next game, particularly in this situation. Correct me if I am wrong. Now if we had played a stellar game last week, perhaps my thinking would be different. And why do you assume that I don't like people who make a lot of money? That seems somewhat random and silly.

Not random. In another thread you stated that players that make a bajillion dollars (paraphrasing) and don't play are ...... I have never heard anyone who is a free market advocate mention that salaries folks make are too high. They understand it is the market and revenue that determines salary. I have heard others who "hate the rich" say such things...

If you wouldn't have started your post with the Chiefs being an embarrassment and calling their "overpaid" players in your post I may have responded differently.

IowaChief
12-29-2013, 10:30 PM
...This. Everyone needs to take a step back, take some deep breaths and calm down. Regardless of how we end the season we are headed in the right direction. Take a moment and reflect on what your reasonable expectations were of this team at the start of the season and then ask yourself exactly how disappointed you should be with this team overall at this point in the season. Sure I'm disappointed with the loss but our backups held their own against their starters. I simply cannot be upset with their performance today despite the loss in OT.

Well said...

Eydugstr
12-29-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm proud of our backups, they played very well against a good Charger team taking them right down to the wire. We gave the Bolts all they could handle today.

THIS.

Can't believe some of the posts I'm seeing. The sky is NOT falling. If anything a trip to the playoffs is Reid/Dorsey's way of knocking on the door, win or lose. Our BACKUPS lost by only 3 points in OT...It's not like we suffered a 49-0 blowout.

Sick Dog
12-29-2013, 10:41 PM
My Man Hali?...welcome back...:lol:

NJChiefs
12-29-2013, 10:43 PM
Not random. In another thread you stated that players that make a bajillion dollars (paraphrasing) and don't play are pu$$ies... I have never heard anyone who is a free market advocate mention that salaries folks make are too high. They understand it is the market and revenue that determines salary. I have heard others who "hate the rich" say such things...

If you wouldn't have started your post with the Chiefs being an embarrassment and calling their "overpaid" players in your post I may have responded differently.

I do believe that those those that pay the salaries (and yes we as fans effectively pay their salaries) have the right to expect to see them play. I don't have any "meaningless" workdays, and if you do, well good for you. I don't put these players or coaches on a pedestal as you seem to. They play a game for our entertainment. They command a great salary which is fine, but as such, we are entitled to criticize them as we so choose. If it offends you, I apologize. Not intended. As I said, my initial posts were impulsive. I get po'd when my Chiefs lose as do you. We just respond differently. So now please layoff the insults or this wil never end ... Until the moderator cans it.

brdempsey69
12-29-2013, 10:45 PM
You sound about as smart as that Dempsey guy who said it was time for Brandon flowers to get traded a few weeks ago... Ahem, pro bowler Brandon flowers...

I was not the one that originally suggested Flowers be traded, but at the time Flowers was struggling in the slot & was getting torched. And it's laughable that your foolish enough to put any stock in the Pro Bowl selections, seeing as how your grandma could get elected to the Pro Bowl under the current voting system. Don't believe me? How is it that Flowers could get in despite a sub-par season and Derrick Johnson didn't get in in spite of having a better season than last year when DJ was selected to the Pro Bowl.

Therefore, your statement is kind of like the pot calling the kettle black.

NJChiefs
12-29-2013, 10:48 PM
Your post came up on my Facebook feed, so I checked it out, I just couldn't understand how somebody could be mad at watching our bench go toe to toe in a meaningful game... At least for the other team. That annoyed me more than the loss. So I felt like I had to say something.

Facebook? Ouch. Sorry. Who knew?

ctchiefsfan
12-29-2013, 10:51 PM
Hey Connecticut! I'm just having a little fun getting a charge (no pun intended) out of these guys :)

You damned Jersey people! Always gotta be the "tough guy"......HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :)

Let's let it go man......If we beat the colts next week I'll be the first (or try anyway) to declare Andy Reid the genious of the century. If we lose next week....well....there will be no shortage of blame to go around.

But win or lose next week, 2-14 to 11-5 and the playoffs is surely one hell of a nice start to the Andy Reid era. I sure as hell wouldn't want anybody else replacing him next year.

We've had a few Iggles fans come here this year and tell us that Reid was going to break our hearts just like Marty did. But y'know a year ago a lot of Chiefs fans would have been glad to have Marty back. We even discussed it here.

Is Andy Reid going to win us a Super Bowl? I sure as hell don't know. But I think he is going to make it fun to be a Chiefs fan again. And in this era of "parity" every time a team makes it to the playoffs--even as a wildcard--that "any given Sunday" shi* can hit the fan.

Andy Reid is going to keep us in the playoffs and if you are in the playoffs you have a pretty decent chance of winning the Super Bowl......

So I like Andy Reid.....even if he isn't perfect and makes some decisions that I REALLY don't like.

But I sure as hell do love me some Chiefs!!!!!

IowaChief
12-29-2013, 10:57 PM

lol, too funny. I think you are right.

tornadospotter
12-29-2013, 11:00 PM
To be honest, I was not happy with not playing the starters or at least having all of them available. But I am very happy with how the team played. The fans that should be po, are the chargers. They could not beat our second string. We had them, and they knew it.

IowaChief
12-29-2013, 11:03 PM
I do believe that those those that pay the salaries (and yes we as fans effectively pay their salaries) have the right to expect to see them play. I don't have any "meaningless" workdays, and if you do, well good for you. I don't put these players or coaches on a pedestal as you seem to. They play a game for our entertainment. They command a great salary which is fine, but as such, we are entitled to criticize them as we so choose. If it offends you, I apologize. Not intended. As I said, my initial posts were impulsive. I get po'd when my Chiefs lose as do you. We just respond differently. So now please layoff the insults or this wil never end ... Until the moderator cans it.

I travel a lot for my job and some times for several weeks in a row. I notice when I am tired and worn from the road, my job performance suffers. If I had an opportunity for someone to step in for a week and travel and present for me so that I would be well rested and have a better chance at a close the next week. I don't so I take a week off, sleep in my own bed and recharge and find I am much more productive and efficient and make more money for my company. I just think we looked tired and worn against the colts and the rest for our starters and the play and enthusiam of our backups today, should have us ready to go Saturday in Indy. I agree, lets be optimistic and hope for a good run the next few weeks...

NJChiefs
12-29-2013, 11:04 PM
You damned Jersey people! Always gotta be the "tough guy"......HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :)

Let's let it go man......If we beat the colts next week I'll be the first (or try anyway) to declare Andy Reid the genious of the century. If we lose next week....well....there will be no shortage of blame to go around.

But win or lose next week, 2-14 to 11-5 and the playoffs is surely one hell of a nice start to the Andy Reid era. I sure as hell wouldn't want anybody else replacing him next year.

We've had a few Iggles fans come here this year and tell us that Reid was going to break our hearts just like Marty did. But y'know a year ago a lot of Chiefs fans would have been glad to have Marty back. We even discussed it here.

Is Andy Reid going to win us a Super Bowl? I sure as hell don't know. But I think he is going to make it fun to be a Chiefs fan again. And in this era of "parity" every time a team makes it to the playoffs--even as a wildcard--that "any given Sunday" shi* can hit the fan.

Andy Reid is going to keep us in the playoffs and if you are in the playoffs you have a pretty decent chance of winning the Super Bowl......

So I like Andy Reid.....even if he isn't perfect and makes some decisions that I REALLY don't like.

But I sure as hell do love me some Chiefs!!!!!

I'm with you Connecticut. Last year an inflammatory post like this one wouldn't have gotten a rise out of anyone. It has been a fun year to say the least.

NJChiefs
12-29-2013, 11:12 PM
I travel a lot for my job and some times for several weeks in a row. I notice when I am tired and worn from the road, my job performance suffers. If I had an opportunity for someone to step in for a week and travel and present for me so that I would be well rested and have a better chance at a close the next week. I don't so I take a week off, sleep in my own bed and recharge and find I am much more productive and efficient and make more money for my company. I just think we looked tired and worn against the colts and the rest for our starters and the play and enthusiam of our backups today, should have us ready to go Saturday in Indy. I agree, lets be optimistic and hope for a good run the next few weeks...

OK. I agree fully. Now, it's late here in NJ and I've got a meaningful day of work tomorrow so I'll say good night ... unless perhaps I can find that backup to step in for me ... Oh and BTW, I'm not MMH, though I agree it was pretty funny.

IowaChief
12-29-2013, 11:18 PM
OK. I agree fully. Now, it's late here in NJ and I've got a meaningful day of work tomorrow so I'll say good night ... unless perhaps I can find that backup to step in for me ... Oh and BTW, I'm not MMH, though I agree it was pretty funny.

Go Chiefs, beat the Mares.

tornadospotter
12-29-2013, 11:23 PM
Lets all remember the rules of the site, and the words we use!

garciakcfan
12-29-2013, 11:28 PM
Wasn't after the first broncos game? Or the second? I can't remember... Either way playing against Peyton Manning is not easy and he torches whoever he wants in the passing game. He's only done it his whole career... And then you want to trade him away? Lmao. I remember reading that and thinking that you don't know too much about football. He's only been our most consistent tough corner, yeah let's trade him!! DJ should definitely be there!! The pro bowl itself might be a joke but I think its a pretty good accomplishment regardless... But you still wanted him gone! He abused Wes welker in that first game!

I was not the one that originally suggested Flowers be traded, but at the time Flowers was struggling in the slot & was getting torched. And it's laughable that your foolish enough to put any stock in the Pro Bowl selections, seeing as how your grandma could get elected to the Pro Bowl under the current voting system. Don't believe me? How is it that Flowers could get in despite a sub-par season and Derrick Johnson didn't get in in spite of having a better season than last year when DJ was selected to the Pro Bowl.

Therefore, your statement is kind of like the pot calling the kettle black.

ctchiefsfan
12-29-2013, 11:38 PM

No, you are NOT! Not by a long shot! If you were, I'd have sniffed it out long ago. You are an honest-to-God out of area Chiefs fan, and I for one am glad you participate here. Don't mind the flak. If we had won this game then resting the starters would have been a stroke of genious. Instead we lost a close one and now we are all getting in a pishing match over whether resting them was the right decision. SCREW IT! We have more important fish to fry next Sunday........and the starters sure as hell better show they benefited from this weekend off.

'cause right now the ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS WINNING NEXT WEEKEND!

DEATH TO THE COLTS!!!!!!

Chiefster
12-29-2013, 11:59 PM
Lets all remember the rules of the site, and the words we use!

..THIS!

IowaChief
12-30-2013, 12:50 AM
No, you are NOT! Not by a long shot! If you were, I'd have sniffed it out long ago. You are an honest-to-God out of area Chiefs fan, and I for one am glad you participate here. Don't mind the flak. If we had won this game then resting the starters would have been a stroke of genious. Instead we lost a close one and now we are all getting in a pishing match over whether resting them was the right decision. SCREW IT! We have more important fish to fry next Sunday........and the starters sure as hell better show they benefited from this weekend off.

'cause right now the ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS WINNING NEXT WEEKEND!

DEATH TO THE COLTS!!!!!!

Death to the Colts!

85_skill
12-30-2013, 04:50 AM

As a Charger fan you must take in consideration that Drew Brees an elite QB was injured in a meaningless game and the doctors told them he would never be able to play QB in the NFL at the same level.. why risk injury to AJ Smith?

brdempsey69
12-30-2013, 05:02 AM
Wasn't after the first broncos game? Or the second? I can't remember... Either way playing against Peyton Manning is not easy and he torches whoever he wants in the passing game. He's only done it his whole career... And then you want to trade him away? Lmao. I remember reading that and thinking that you don't know too much about football. He's only been our most consistent tough corner, yeah let's trade him!! DJ should definitely be there!! The pro bowl itself might be a joke but I think its a pretty good accomplishment regardless... But you still wanted him gone! He abused Wes welker in that first game!

You still haven't got your facts straight. It was Frankenchief that originally suggested a Flowers trade, not me. You just said yourself "I can't remember" -- meaning that you don't have a clue about what the hell you are talking about. I did agree with Frankenchief that Flowers hadn't played as well this year, as he had in previous years & if you think he did, then you are a bigger cheerleader than the ones that work at the games. It's you that doesn't know much about football if you think that Flowers deserved the Pro Bowl this year & it's really no accomplishment at all when a player gets put in that doesn't deserve to be there.

mejohnm
12-30-2013, 05:45 AM
I stayed up until 2am in the morning watching this game since I live in Europe. After the game, I went to bed happy even though we lost. You know why? Because our second and third strings nearly won a game against a good team. We know this game didn't mean the end of the Chiefs season because the way they played, it showed they gave their best. I am also happy because this year we went from being the worse to something very much better.

Seek
12-30-2013, 08:41 AM
If anyone needs to apologize it is the refs. Forward progression was stopped on that fake punt. Yeah, behind the line of scrimmeage. The fumble happened pushing for the first down. What a crap call that was. it was either short of the first down or a fumble. The Chiefs won that game. But for those of you thinking we should have risked hurting our starters for confidence. What do you think playing all our backs up and basically beating the Chargers in San Diego did. Yeah, that is right. Even our back ups can win. The game two weeks again Indy was a rope a dope. We played flat and manilla. Expect an energetic rested Cheifs team.

chiefnut
12-30-2013, 09:13 AM
there is no reason for any apology, the CHIEFS rested 19 players as many teams in the same position do. it is the refs who need to apologize to the steelers for screwing up their chance to make the playoffs. the 2nd and 3rd teamers for the CHIEFS played an amazing game and gave the steelers hope where there should have been none. they played their butts off only to have the refs screw up what was probably the best game many of them will be in.

Seek
12-30-2013, 09:22 AM
I think it would be saft to say though, We don't have to worry about losing Ryan Succop to the Steelers in Free Agency.

ctchiefsfan
12-30-2013, 09:33 AM
Hope you are right Seek. The game against the colts did make me think we might be toying with them. And while the loss to the dolts yesterday sucked (especially getting screwed by the zebras) it's hard not to be pleased that our backups played a dolts team that had EVERYTHING to play for and only lost because of zebra incompetence. It isn't hard to make the argument that Andy Reid has been turning the playoffs into one GIANT TRAP. If so he is a freaking genius! I hope it is true. One thing for sure.....we'll start finding out next week.

ctchiefsfan
12-30-2013, 09:40 AM
I think it would be saft to say though, We don't have to worry about losing Ryan Succop to the Steelers in Free Agency.

Safe bet!!!!

Eydugstr
12-30-2013, 10:47 AM
there is no reason for any apology, the CHIEFS rested 19 players as many teams in the same position do. it is the refs who need to apologize to the steelers for screwing up their chance to make the playoffs. the 2nd and 3rd teamers for the CHIEFS played an amazing game and gave the steelers hope where there should have been none. they played their butts off only to have the refs screw up what was probably the best game many of them will be in.

The more I think about this....If Steelers fans want to place blame, look no further than the refs.

That whole nonsense surrounding the Cyrus Gray runback sucked. That was just a blatant bad call that the officials stood beside. Can somebody please post a vid or gif of that play? Because when Gray starts running down the field, think he actually looks at the ref who is backing away, as if the play is still ongoing, so Gray keeps running and scores. That play should have been reviewed, at the very least.

Succop still should have made that FG, but that whole left side of the line caved in, so the "window" he was trying to kick in got smaller, and he just kicked it too much to the right.

chief31
12-30-2013, 11:44 AM
No need to apologize for a situation that the Stillers put themselves in, they should have won more games.

Your team got beat by a bunch of backups. The Chargers put themselves in a worse position than The Steelers.

Thank God for officiating deciding the last playoff spot, because those Steelers were the only team in the hunt who played like a playoff team.

But they were good enough.

Seek
12-30-2013, 12:56 PM
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/san-diego-fakes-a-punt-against-kansas-city.gif?w=640 (http://thebiglead.com/2013/12/29/san-diego-gets-a-missed-field-goal-and-a-blown-fake-punt-fumble-call-to-make-playoffs/san-diego-fakes-a-punt-against-kansas-city/#main)

matthewschiefs
12-30-2013, 12:59 PM

Funny that someone mentioned him I talk to him on anther forum kind of rubbed in Orton throwing the killer pick last night LOL

Seek
12-30-2013, 01:16 PM
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/san-diego-fakes-a-punt-against-kansas-city.gif?w=640 (http://thebiglead.com/2013/12/29/san-diego-gets-a-missed-field-goal-and-a-blown-fake-punt-fumble-call-to-make-playoffs/san-diego-fakes-a-punt-against-kansas-city/#main)

Clearly the side judge didn't feel line of gain was the result as he did his best to get out of the way after he was tracking the progression of the ball. He was on the first down marker took a step past it and then got out of the way without calling it dead.

chief31
12-30-2013, 02:36 PM
As for the complaint about paying to see the starters.... they will all be playing next week to make up for it.

ctchiefsfan
12-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Funny that someone mentioned him I talk to him on anther forum kind of rubbed in Orton throwing the killer pick last night LOL

Good for you! Hope you also mentioned Geno's gazillion pics and fumbles.

brdempsey69
12-30-2013, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the image, Seek. That tells everybody all they need to know. That's clearly a strip and recovery and a Chiefs TD.

Is this the sort of nonsense ( the refs not making the right calls ) that's going to happen in the post-season?

ctchiefsfan
12-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Let's hope not. It does seem to me that the zebras have been exceptionally bad this year. The NFL admitting that the no call on the FG attempt at the end of regulation has to be the 4th or 5th time this year the NFL has admitted a call got blown. I don't see a deliberate pattern to the screw-ups but there have certainly been a lot of them.

N TX Dave
12-30-2013, 02:55 PM
The more I think about this....If Steelers fans want to place blame, look no further than the refs.

That whole nonsense surrounding the Cyrus Gray runback sucked. That was just a blatant bad call that the officials stood beside. Can somebody please post a vid or gif of that play? Because when Gray starts running down the field, think he actually looks at the ref who is backing away, as if the play is still ongoing, so Gray keeps running and scores. That play should have been reviewed, at the very least.

Succop still should have made that FG, but that whole left side of the line caved in, so the "window" he was trying to kick in got smaller, and he just kicked it too much to the right.

Actually it should have never gone to overtime, on the missed field goal the way the Chargers lined up was wrong and should have been a penalty, they had 7 players on one side of the line which is a 5 yard penalty and there are two ref standing there watching, I can tell something is not right by looking at the left side. The NFL has admitted it was a missed call that should have been flagged moved us 5 yards closer and give Succop another chance.
http://sinfl.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/chiefs_missed_fg1.jpg?w=600&h=336

Eydugstr
12-30-2013, 05:06 PM
Actually it should have never gone to overtime, on the missed field goal the way the Chargers lined up was wrong and should have been a penalty, they had 7 players on one side of the line which is a 5 yard penalty and there are two ref standing there watching, I can tell something is not right by looking at the left side. The NFL has admitted it was a missed call that should have been flagged moved us 5 yards closer and give Succop another chance.
http://sinfl.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/chiefs_missed_fg1.jpg?w=600&h=336

TY for the image N TX. And yep that should've been called & that's also why that side of the line caved in. Two refs just sitting there watching the stinkin' game. WTG, officials.

Eydugstr
12-30-2013, 05:15 PM
Clearly the side judge didn't feel line of gain was the result as he did his best to get out of the way after he was tracking the progression of the ball. He was on the first down marker took a step past it and then got out of the way without calling it dead.

TY Seek. Since the play wasn't called dead it should've been considered a fumble recovery & TD. If the refs saw something we didn't, they should've taken the time to review the play THEN make the call with an explanation behind their decision.

Eydugstr
12-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the image, Seek. That tells everybody all they need to know. That's clearly a strip and recovery and a Chiefs TD.

Is this the sort of nonsense ( the refs not making the right calls ) that's going to happen in the post-season?

That's the big question. My hope is that Goodell & the head of officiatings' phones are ringing off the hook.

Eydugstr
12-30-2013, 05:25 PM

Good 'ol HisManOrton/Geno.

brdempsey69
12-30-2013, 06:09 PM
That's the big question. My hope is that Goodell & the head of officiatings' phones are ringing off the hook.

And I certainly hope that Clark Hunt and the rest of the Chiefs front office are the ones that are ringing those phones and saying to them "Look, let the playing field be level for all teams in the post-season & let's not have any of the games decided by bad calls/no calls and let a true champion be established".

Get this. One Chiefs fan says he reviewed the Donkeys games closely and says that all but 14 of Mannings 50+ TD passes should have been called back by penalties either by holding or illegal pick plays or both. I know that sounds farfetched, but I suspect he is telling the truth.

doobs_05
12-30-2013, 06:18 PM
Get this. One Chiefs fan says he reviewed the Donkeys games closely and says that all but 14 of Mannings 50+ TD passes should have been called back by penalties either by holding or illegal pick plays or both. I know that sounds farfetched, but I suspect he is telling the truth.

And that chiefs fan must of been super butt hurt to do something like that. I'm sure there was no bias in that research

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/208116/width/350/height/700/flags/LL

ctchiefsfan
12-30-2013, 06:52 PM
And I certainly hope that Clark Hunt and the rest of the Chiefs front office are the ones that are ringing those phones and saying to them "Look, let the playing field be level for all teams in the post-season & let's not have any of the games decided by bad calls/no calls and let a true champion be established".

We have to accept that "no-calls" happen. It's part of the game. But when the "no-calls" fall into a pattern favoring a certain team or descend to the level of total idiocy (like the no-call" on the FG yesterday) then the NFL needs to do something. Not to risks the credibility of the entire NFL.

Pro_Angler
12-30-2013, 07:54 PM
Ok I'm the one of the hardest people on the chiefs here..because I've been a fan for I over 40 yrs and am sick of losing for any reason. But I will make my best opinion of the last 7 games. Denver game 1 WR got kinda hosed by refs but played good aside from qb pressure (that's been gone fir 7 games). Sd again we got hosed by refs!! Period!! We played well. Denver again we Shi und have won refs hosed us. Period!!
Raiders..well it's the raiders. Indy we were already in and we played vanilla I'm sure probably on purpose since we're were Gonna play them first rd. Chargers with almost all backups we got screwed before ot and in ot!!@! Fact!!!!!
Now for the Steelers. No team that needs 4 other teams to lose in the last game to get in...doesn't deserve to get in.. period!@ esp. With a alleged rapist at qb!!! If NFL Iraq refs were fair we would have 2 loses on season bad I'm ok with the way I feel.

Pro_Angler
12-30-2013, 07:57 PM
Oh and fyi..if we don't start pressure the qb and jamming frikin receivers we will be out first rd!!!

Justin5772002
12-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Oh and fyi..if we don't start pressure the qb and jamming frikin receivers we will be out first rd!!!
This is true but I think we will see a huge improvement from our secondary come playoffs. For god sakes our backups held the freakin dolts to a minimum so can our starters. BTW if we end up playing the dolts for the AFC Championship game I say we start those same backups and have a mid-playoff bye LOL!

Frankenchief
12-30-2013, 08:21 PM

With all due respect, NJChiefs, this is pure cow-droppings. The Chiefs don't owe the Steelers an apology. The refs and the NFL do. The Chiefs did their very best to win and should have won.

ctchiefsfan
12-30-2013, 08:21 PM

At least you stayed true to form!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Frankenchief
12-30-2013, 08:22 PM
Also, The Chiefs should make decisions based on what is good for them, not for other teams.

doobs_05
12-30-2013, 09:00 PM
Ok I'm the one of the hardest people on the chiefs here..because I've been a fan for I over 40 yrs and am sick of losing for any reason. But I will make my best opinion of the last 7 games. Denver game 1 WR got kinda hosed by refs but played good aside from qb pressure (that's been gone fir 7 games). Sd again we got hosed by refs!! Period!! We played well. Denver again we Shi und have won refs hosed us. Period!!
Raiders..well it's the raiders. Indy we were already in and we played vanilla I'm sure probably on purpose since we're were Gonna play them first rd. Chargers with almost all backups we got screwed before ot and in ot!!@! Fact!!!!!
Now for the Steelers. No team that needs 4 other teams to lose in the last game to get in...doesn't deserve to get in.. period!@ esp. With a alleged rapist at qb!!! If NFL Iraq refs were fair we would have 2 loses on season bad I'm ok with the way I feel.

Succop makes the kick......

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/325/428/264.jpg

ctchiefsfan
12-30-2013, 09:49 PM

I'd have still wanted the penalty called so we could refuse it. We see "non-calls" all the time, but this one was one of the largest piles of fresh steaming bull feces I have ever seen.

TopekaRoy
12-31-2013, 12:15 AM

You seem to be missing the point, Doobs, and there are several:

1) It was most likely the illegal formation that caused Succup to miss the FG in the first place. How many others has he missed from 41 yds or less?

2) Of course we wouldn't care about the call if he had made the kick because we would have declined the penalty and won the game, but because the kick was missed (because the formation was illegal) a penalty should have been called that would have set up another try from 36 yds. How many FGs has Succup missed from that distance?

3) The timing and nature of the call directly changed the outcome of the game letting a team into the playoffs that didn't earn the right to be there and keeping out a team that (thanks to league parity/mediocrity) did.

4) This wasn't a judgment call. It wasn't a "did the ball touch the ground," "did he have both feet inbounds," or "where was the ball when his knee touched the ground" type of call. (All of those are review-able, by the way; why isn't this?) On every play an official counts the number of players on the line of scrimmage and the number of players each team has on the field. This was "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ... blow the whistle and throw the flag."

5) The Chargers broke the rules. Calling a penalty was the right thing to do.

I know the concept of moral absolutes and black and white, right or wrong is outdated. (C'mon, it's just a game, right?) But contrary to what today's young people, especially the "legalize pot" subculture, would have you believe, rules are not made to be broken. They are made to be followed. (or changed if you disagree with them). That is why, in football and in real life, breaking the rules result in a penalty, a fine, or a sentence. This allows everyone to compete on a level playing field and reap the rewards of their hard work. The Chiefs worked hard to put themselves in a position to win the game and they had a right according to the rules​ to rekick that field goal. the chance to earn that win outright was denied them because the rule wasn't enforced. If rules are not enforced consistently and uniformly then it becomes difficult for teams to follow them because they don't know what is allowed and what isn't. It also undermines the integrity of the game because, rightly or wrongly, it gives the impression that officials are intentionally enforcing or not enforcing the rules at their discretion in order to give one team an unfair competitive advantage over another. This in turn undermines the credibility of the game.

Then again, look how popular professional wrestling is. Maybe you don't care about the credibility of the game ...

chief31
12-31-2013, 12:29 AM

Yeah, and if we had only thrown more TDs, or gotten a pick-six, etc. etc.

The reality is that The Chargers got away with cheating. And that the refs' blunders affected the outcome of the game, thus, the team that will play in the AFC six seed for the playoffs.

Simply saying "You still had plenty of chances" does not change that the refs' mistakes gave an unfair advantage (a HUGE one at that) to The Chargers.

matthewschiefs
12-31-2013, 12:37 AM

First off I'm going to really try hard not to let my hate of this creature you have shown get in the way of my post It will take some work but I'll try

Moving on

In some ways I agree with you 100% If Succop makes that kick I doubt anyone really notices it. Or it's even mentioned. I don't think it had anything to do with succop missing. I myself wasn't in an uproar about that call. Then one in OT however still happened. The Chiefs DID make the play to win the game and it was taken from them. You could say that if Succop had made the kick that never would have happened and sure you would be right. But one teams mistakes don't get the refs a hall pass. The Chiefs did win this game. The Refs took it off the board. It happened. At least it wasn't a playoff game.

Justin5772002
12-31-2013, 01:20 AM
All of the defense on that kick were lined up to Succup's left he kicked it right to try to avoid the block it directly affected the kick. That rule is in place for a reason. What would have happened if the chiefs put that many lineman over there to cover those 7? You think for one second we wouldn't have been hit with a penalty? Total BS just happy our season was unaffected by it

N TX Dave
12-31-2013, 02:53 AM
You know I think I heard someone else on the floor of the senate say "What difference at this point does it make?" when being asked about 4 dead Americans in Benghazi, so your nobody cares is in the same boat. There a lot of fans in Pittsburgh, Southern California and bookies that care. Rules are rules and they are supposed to be followed.

Chiefster
12-31-2013, 03:03 AM
Ok guys, there's only one thread were politics are discussed and this isn't it.

Eydugstr
12-31-2013, 08:30 AM
First off I'm going to really try hard not to let my hate of this creature you have shown get in the way of my post It will take some work but I'll try

Moving on

In some ways I agree with you 100% If Succop makes that kick I doubt anyone really notices it. Or it's even mentioned. I don't think it had anything to do with succop missing. I myself wasn't in an uproar about that call. Then one in OT however still happened. The Chiefs DID make the play to win the game and it was taken from them. You could say that if Succop had made the kick that never would have happened and sure you would be right. But one teams mistakes don't get the refs a hall pass. The Chiefs did win this game. The Refs took it off the board. It happened. At least it wasn't a playoff game.

^^ Good points. If a player screws up and gets a penalty, you hear about the fine during the following week. Ref screws up, costs someone the game, it's shrugged off as a careless "Sorry about that." You never hear about anythng happening to the ref. No accountability or responsibility, and can favor any team they like.

Not sure what the best solution is, but think a fine is a good first step.

Seek
12-31-2013, 08:34 AM
All of the defense on that kick were lined up to Succup's left he kicked it right to try to avoid the block it directly affected the kick. That rule is in place for a reason. What would have happened if the chiefs put that many lineman over there to cover those 7? You think for one second we wouldn't have been hit with a penalty? Total BS just happy our season was unaffected by it

Justin,

I was never a pro kicker but I was a kicker and I can tell you the last thing succop is watching is the pressure from the left in a clutch situations like that making him kick it right to avoid a block. It may have made him lose focus pushing the ball. but the margin of error with movement of the ball, elements etc should not give him the luxuary try to avoid a block and place it down the right side. He should have been focusing on footplacement, squaring up his shoulders and kicking it through. The Chiefs put the ball on the right hash giving Succop some margin of error should he hook it, but instead he pushed it. If he was truly intentionally trying to avoid the block and tried to place the kick within a yard of the right upright he needs to stop as he is missing way to many kicks this year.

Frankenchief
12-31-2013, 11:04 AM
All in all that look of dejection on Phylis Rivers' face when the kick was about to take place was priceless. Win or lose (win in my book) I was hoping to see that and I did.

ctchiefsfan
12-31-2013, 11:57 AM
You seem to be missing the point, Doobs, and there are several:

1) It was most likely the illegal formation that caused Succup to miss the FG in the first place. How many others has he missed from 41 yds or less?

2) Of course we wouldn't care about the call if he had made the kick because we would have declined the penalty and won the game, but because the kick was missed (because the formation was illegal) a penalty should have been called that would have set up another try from 36 yds. How many FGs has Succup missed from that distance?

3) The timing and nature of the call directly changed the outcome of the game letting a team into the playoffs that didn't earn the right to be there and keeping out a team that (thanks to league parity/mediocrity) did.

4) This wasn't a judgment call. It wasn't a "did the ball touch the ground," "did he have both feet inbounds," or "where was the ball when his knee touched the ground" type of call. (All of those are review-able, by the way; why isn't this?) On every play an official counts the number of players on the line of scrimmage and the number of players each team has on the field. This was "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ... blow the whistle and throw the flag."

5) The Chargers broke the rules. Calling a penalty was the right thing to do.

I know the concept of moral absolutes and black and white, right or wrong is outdated. (C'mon, it's just a game, right?) But contrary to what today's young people, especially the "legalize pot" subculture, would have you believe, rules are not made to be broken. They are made to be followed. (or changed if you disagree with them). That is why, in football and in real life, breaking the rules result in a penalty, a fine, or a sentence. This allows everyone to compete on a level playing field and reap the rewards of their hard work. The Chiefs worked hard to put themselves in a position to win the game and they had a right according to the rules​ to rekick that field goal. the chance to earn that win outright was denied them because the rule wasn't enforced. If rules are not enforced consistently and uniformly then it becomes difficult for teams to follow them because they don't know what is allowed and what isn't. It also undermines the integrity of the game because, rightly or wrongly, it gives the impression that officials are intentionally enforcing or not enforcing the rules at their discretion in order to give one team an unfair competitive advantage over another. This in turn undermines the credibility of the game.

Then again, look how popular professional wrestling is. Maybe you don't care about the credibility of the game ...

EXACTLY RIGHT Roy! This call should have been a no-brainer. That zebra stared at that formation for at least 12 seconds. Longer than it's taken me to type this. And he still blew it. For the sake of argument, I'll leave out conspiracy theories....but even doing that leaves only one possible conclusion.....The zebra on the right hand side of the picture had NO CLUE about the new rule. That is rank incompetence. He should be fired.

doobs_05
12-31-2013, 12:45 PM
All that changes is succup gets another shot from shorter distance, does he make it, who knows. It doesn't change much for the chiefs, they make it, back up players got a win and knock SD out and let Todd haley in.

The refs have been pretty bad all year, sunday night game they let 15 seconds just disappear on the play clock and gave the Boys a delay of game.

IowaChief
12-31-2013, 12:48 PM

I agree. This is a team sport, which includes the coaching staffs of every team. The Chargers were obviously coached poorly to even line up in this formation, especially on a game deciding kick... Their poor coaching would have costs them the game, not a NFL rule technicality...

IowaChief
12-31-2013, 12:50 PM
EXACTLY RIGHT Roy! This call should have been a no-brainer. That zebra stared at that formation for at least 12 seconds. Longer than it's taken me to type this. And he still blew it. For the sake of argument, I'll leave out conspiracy theories....but even doing that leaves only one possible conclusion.....The zebra on the right hand side of the picture had NO CLUE about the new rule. That is rank incompetence. He should be fired.

It was obvious. I posted on the game thread shortly after the kick because the formation was so obvious... You had 2 on one side and 7 on the other and it should have made the official at least pause and think he should count...

Frankenchief
12-31-2013, 01:10 PM
The refs have been pretty bad all year, sunday night game they let 15 seconds just disappear on the play clock and gave the Boys a delay of game.I agree. This has been a disturbing trend in the NFL.