PDA

View Full Version : Join us in ventrilo Voice chat ! Its Free !!!

YZILLA
10-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Hermahater and I are in the ventrilo Channel if you wanna join us this week - even if you dont have a mic you can listen in we will give you up to the second play by play . Please feel free to join is there is a chat section to use like a shoutbox available in the ventrilo software.

Go here for the info to get what you need: http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1733&highlight=Ventrilo

hermhater
10-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Go Chiefs!!

sling58
10-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Go Chiefs!!

My thoughts exactly!

chiefinsyr
10-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Sorry, I need some help. It comes up with:

Unable to resolve the specified servers DNS/Hostname.

chief31
10-21-2007, 07:17 PM

I'll try to get hermhater to help ya. We'll get you set up before our next game. In fact, we are going to get together on there, for next weeks AFC West games too.

YZILLA
10-21-2007, 07:22 PM
in the hostname or IP box put : Chicago3.NationVoice.com

in the port number put :3814

No passwords

McLovin
10-21-2007, 07:22 PM

big thing to check is the port, I had the port wrong and got that message. After i set the port I got in, also it is up all week I believe. I went in 3 hours before the game, good time to iron out the bugs.

Post here if you need more help, we will all try to help you along.

timsatt1
10-21-2007, 07:35 PM
big thing to check is the port, I had the port wrong and got that message. After i set the port I got in, also it is up all week I believe. I went in 3 hours before the game, good time to iron out the bugs.

Post here if you need more help, we will all try to help you along.

that is correct. you HAVE TO change the port to 3814.

the default setting is not the right one.

chat works great. was in there off and on. thanks again yzilla.

YZILLA
10-21-2007, 07:41 PM
yes this server is up 24-7 so you can go in and get it set up and working to your likings . Also I can even add channels if anyone wants to talk to other family members around the country rather than pay for long distance phone calls . I can add many channels for anyone that wants a private channel password protected so no one can come in and bother you while you chat . Let me know there are many , many options to work with ! under the setup tabe make sure to use direct input and make sure you select your soundcard . Also make sure you hit the test button and if you hear yourself ,if you do your golden, Herm can you post your screenshot of what it should look like in here ?

hermhater
10-21-2007, 08:13 PM
yes this server is up 24-7 so you can go in and get it set up and working to your likings . Also I can even add channels if anyone wants to talk to other family members around the country rather than pay for long distance phone calls . I can add many channels for anyone that wants a private channel password protected so no one can come in and bother you while you chat . Let me know there are many , many options to work with ! under the setup tabe make sure to use direct input and make sure you select your soundcard . Also make sure you hit the test button and if you hear yourself ,if you do your golden, Herm can you post your screenshot of what it should look like in here ?

Sure thing Zilla. This is the setup that works for me guys.

Any questions just PM me, or post them here!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/242.jpg

YZILLA
10-21-2007, 08:17 PM
thanks HH:sign0098:

McLovin
10-21-2007, 08:27 PM
http://www.mtzic.com/images/ventrilo%20setup.gif

Here is the setup that worked for me.

hermhater
10-21-2007, 08:38 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Here is the setup that worked for me.

Nice Vista Aero Glass there guy!

Good post.
:sign0098:

chiefinsyr
10-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Yeah...This is pissing me off. I copy the URL right from you, and put it in, and change the 3814 numerous times and check, recheck, recheck, and all I get is the same thing.

YZILLA
10-21-2007, 10:48 PM
dont copy and paste - Type it out.

McLovin
10-21-2007, 10:48 PM
http://www.mtzic.com/images/ventrilo%202.gif

This is the server settings I have. Also if you have a firewall such as Norton Internet Security temporarily shut it off and see if that does it. Then if it does ask here on the board and someone will help you to add the exception so that you can have your firewall on and still use Ventrilo.

hermhater
10-21-2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah...This is pissing me off. I copy the URL right from you, and put it in, and change the 3814 numerous times and check, recheck, recheck, and all I get is the same thing.

dont copy and paste - Type it out.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

This is the server settings I have. Also if you have a firewall such as Norton Internet Security temporarily shut it off and see if that does it. Then if it does ask here on the board and someone will help you to add the exception so that you can have your firewall on and still use Ventrilo.

Follow this advice!

If it doesn't work let someone know!

chiefinsyr
10-21-2007, 10:54 PM
OMG I did it. After literally hours of toil and sweat I did it. What a glorious little ring that I could barely hear!

McLovin
10-21-2007, 10:57 PM
Im in ventrilo now if you want to come in and test the mic and headset.

Let me know.

Chiefster
10-21-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm on right now but haven't heard anyone respond to me... until just now.

hermhater
10-21-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm on right now but haven't heard anyone respond to me... until just now.

So it worked?

I tried logging in but everyone is gone!

chiefinsyr
10-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Yes, I can do it now.

hermhater
10-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Yes, I can do it now.

Cool!

So you will be in there in two weeks for the game?

We will probably still get in there for some AFC games next week too!

chiefinsyr
10-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Depends. I'm not going to look, but I usually watch the 1pm games at Buffalo Wild Wings, though I won't confirm I will next game or next week, so maybe. I'd rather watch the Chiefs win than hear about it. Hope I don't offend you though.:lol:

hermhater
10-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Depends. I'm not going to look, but I usually watch the 1pm games at Buffalo Wild Wings, though I won't confirm I will next game or next week, so maybe. I'd rather watch the Chiefs win than hear about it. Hope I don't offend you though.:lol:

Oh no problem!

If you have a way to watch the game watch it!

That is the smart thing to do!

:sign0098:

timsatt1
10-21-2007, 11:30 PM

yes, you can have your own private chat, as long as you do not use any terrorist words like Jihad or....I found Osama....otherwise, you may have a 3rd party listening in on your conversation.

chiefinsyr
10-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Its true. If you send an email about assassinating someone important, the FBI shows up and questions you. I learned it in school from a teacher, so that seems like a pretty good source. I haven't been willing to try yet. He heard it from someone who I guess videotaped it secretly.

hermhater
10-21-2007, 11:51 PM
yes, you can have your own private chat, as long as you do not use any terrorist words like Jihad or....I found Osama....otherwise, you may have a 3rd party listening in on your conversation.

Its true. If you send an email about assassinating someone important, the FBI shows up and questions you. I learned it in school from a teacher, so that seems like a pretty good source. I haven't been willing to try yet. He heard it from someone who I guess videotaped it secretly.

If I were you I would just assume that all correspondence is monitored.

If you think it is not, then good luck with that!

Be safe on the internet, telephone, cell phone, telegraph, cup-n-strings, etc...

:funnypost: :lol: :iamwithstupid: :sign0098: :D :toast2::toast2::toast2:

McLovin
10-21-2007, 11:53 PM
If I were you I would just assume that all correspondence is monitored.

If you think it is not, then good luck with that!

Be safe on the internet, telephone, cell phone, telegraph, cup-n-strings, etc...

:funnypost: :lol: :iamwithstupid: :sign0098: :D :toast2::toast2::toast2:

Or just a thought... Dont be a terrorist lol.

hermhater
10-21-2007, 11:58 PM

Or have an affair, help a relative get into the country, buy drugs, sell a baby, or admit WHO YOU VOTE FOR.

This administration seems to have a way of neglecting the polling places of historically Democratic voter bases.

Seems they are using the power they have gotten from going to war against American citizens.

Not ranting, just stating why I don't conduct ANY questionable activity over communications equipment.

By the way CHIEFS WIN!!!!!!!

sling58
10-22-2007, 07:45 AM

I'm going with this option, works best for my situation.

:lol: