PDA

View Full Version : Something that frustrates me about "Huard fans"

luv
10-21-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm a Chiefs fan. I support whoever is on the field. HOWEVER, I don't make excuses if my favorite player plays poorly. Whenever Huard does good, Huard fans like to rub it in your face. When he does poorly, well, at least he played with heart. Ugh!

McLovin
10-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Exactly Rep points.

:sign0098:

Polleo Pit Man
10-21-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm a Chiefs fan. I support whoever is on the field. HOWEVER, I don't make excuses if my favorite player plays poorly. Whenever Huard does good, Huard fans like to rub it in your face. When he does poorly, well, at least he played with heart. Ugh!
Im not a big huard fan but i think he did ok today. the guy is beat to hell and has been. i am not sure if the old guy can last the whole season? it was nice to see him get out of a couple scary situations, but he still took alot of hits.:toast2:

McLovin
10-21-2007, 08:36 PM
On this how is Thigpen, I hope he is good, because I feel that in the situations today part of the time, Croyle would have been able to get away. With the current logic, Huard hasn't played great but as long as we are winning keep him in there.

When he gets hurt later in the year we wont have him for a spark if (and when) Croyle has a bad game. I don't buy the we are winning so play him till he gets killed then trade him loyalty that Herm has, he did it with Green now he is going to do it to Huard.

Just makes me wonder what Herm saw in Croyle, because even with Huard hurt Croyle still isn't the best option.

I want to see Croyle in but I don't see any faith in him from Herm and I am afraid if he has to go in Herm is going to smother him and not let him play then trade him.

Then we get to see if he is actually that good with another team.

chief31
10-21-2007, 09:36 PM

Around here, the only reason that anything has been rubbed in anyones face, is because Huard is getting attacked when he does well, and when he doesn't. So if anyone has had their face rubbed in it around here, it has been because that face spewed negativity about a good performance.

Today, Huard played a decent game. Not a great game, but not a bad game. But to listen to the "let's put in Croyle so we can start looking for a QB in the draft" clan, he had just another disgusting performance. When you do that, it is going to get rubbed in your face. Don't attack, and it doesn't get thrown into your face.

Yes, I do some attacking....in defense.

hermhater
10-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Around here, the only reason that anything has been rubbed in anyones face, is because Huard is getting attacked when he does well, and when he doesn't. So if anyone has had their face rubbed in it around here, it has been because that face spewed negativity about a good performance.

Today, Huard played a decent game. Not a great game, but not a bad game. But to listen to the "let's put in Croyle so we can start looking for a QB in the draft" clan, he had just another disgusting performance. When you do that, it is going to get rubbed in your face. Don't attack, and it doesn't get thrown into your face.

Yes, I do some attacking....in defense.

You sound like Bush!

hehehe

j/k:D

luv
10-21-2007, 09:54 PM
I wasn't trying to attack. I know I have attacked Huard, but I hope I haven't attacked anyone personally. It wasn't just today's game that I was referring to, either. You say that Huard does good, and you get "I knew it." You say Huard played poorly, and you get "At least he played with heart." I'm also not saying that EVERYONE responds the same way. There are a few who admit when Huard plays poorly without offering up excuses. I think I've been humble when Huard plays well. I've never considered any remarks to me to be attacking.

chiefinsyr
10-21-2007, 09:58 PM
For the Huard haters, I can understand your side for not wanting Huard in, but he has been doing what every QB needs to do above all else, win. We have 4 wins so far, and 2 of them are against AFC west rivals, ON THE ROAD. Last year, he(and LJ) led us to the playoffs. He came in for Green and was a total shocker. No one would have said he was going to lead us to the playoffs, no one. This year, he's doing what he needs to do to get us back to the playoffs. We are in 1st place, don't fix what isn't broken.

hermhater
10-21-2007, 09:59 PM
I wasn't trying to attack. I know I have attacked Huard, but I hope I haven't attacked anyone personally. It wasn't just today's game that I was referring to, either. You say that Huard does good, and you get "I knew it." You say Huard played poorly, and you get "At least he played with heart." I'm also not saying that EVERYONE responds the same way. There are a few who admit when Huard plays poorly without offering up excuses. I think I've been humble when Huard plays well. I've never considered any remarks to me to be attacking.

Quit apologizing girl!

If you got a problem with something speak out about it!

chief31 got all over me today about my Huard disappointment too.

I told him he was probably right, but I have my views and opinions too.

Then he kicked me in the nuts!

:lol::lol::lol: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2:

luv
10-21-2007, 10:02 PM
For the Huard haters, I can understand your side for not wanting Huard in, but he has been doing what every QB needs to do above all else, win. We have 4 wins so far, and 2 of them are against AFC west rivals, ON THE ROAD. Last year, he(and LJ) led us to the playoffs. He came in for Green and was a total shocker. No one would have said he was going to lead us to the playoffs, no one. This year, he's doing what he needs to do to get us back to the playoffs. We are in 1st place, don't fix what isn't broken.
I'm not so much a Huard hater (believe it or not, chief31). I just think we should be iving our QBOTF and opportunity to actually start. I'm just thinking of the draft. I can easily see us drafting a QB with the reasoning that Brodie doesn't have enough experience and that we don't know hat he's made of due to not seeing him play.

Huard is doing what he's getting paid to do. Until he does otherwise, he will start.

chief31
10-21-2007, 10:11 PM

Well, I don't mind saying when he played poorly, and yes, I may find excuses for his lesser performances. It's generally in retaliation to the "Croyle, NOW" attacks.

The majority of this "Croyle NOW!" group attacks, no matter what. So, considering that he has helped us get to the top of our division, and won two road games against divisional rivals, I will cover for a poor performance.

What really bothers me about these discussions is that I constantly have to point out the negatives about Croyle. I like him. The only thing that I know about him, is that he didn't win the starting job. What else is there?

Then I have people telling me that I had better root against him (Croyle), when he gets to play. All because they hate Huard. It starts to get rather irritating.

I'm just tired of defending a guy who is playing well enough that he shouldn't be getting attacked.

But I still love me some luv. :D

luv
10-21-2007, 10:13 PM
It's my fault he didn't play as well as he did last week. I dropped Leinert and added Huard to one of my fantasy teams. Not only that, I started him over Vince Young. I may ****** but I secretly think he's alright. His passer rating plummited today. I'm bad luck.

luv
10-21-2007, 10:16 PM
Well, I don't mind saying when he played poorly, and yes, I may find excuses for his lesser performances. It's generally in retaliation to the "Croyle, NOW" attacks.

The majority of this "Croyle NOW!" group attacks, no matter what. So, considering that he has helped us get to the top of our division, and won two road games against divisional rivals, I will cover for a poor performance.

What really bothers me about these discussions is that I constantly have to point out the negatives about Croyle. I like him. The only thing that I know about him, is that he didn't win the starting job. What else is there?

Then I have people telling me that I had better root against him (Croyle), when he gets to play. All because they hate Huard. It starts to get rather irritating.

I'm just tired of defending a guy who is playing well enough that he shouldn't be getting attacked.

See, I'm not about to root against Huard just because I think Croyle should be starting. It's not that I'm a Huard fan or a Croyle fan, but that I'm Chiefs fan. I'm rooting for whoever's playing.

luv
10-21-2007, 10:18 PM
It's my fault he didn't play as well as he did last week. I dropped Leinert and added Huard to one of my fantasy teams. Not only that, I started him over Vince Young. I may ****** but I secretly think he's alright. His passer rating plummited today. I'm bad luck.
Wow. I didn't realize the word that rhymes with witch would get censored. Not only that, but it's a five letter word that gets censored with six astericks. lol

hermhater
10-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Wow. I didn't realize the word that rhymes with witch would get censored. Not only that, but it's a five letter word that gets censored with six astericks. lol

LOL!!!!

:lol::lol:

chief31
10-21-2007, 10:21 PM

Yes. I realize why you seem so anti-Huard. You want to see the Chiefs develope their own quarterback, instead of recycling guys from other teams. I do too.

Fortunately for both of us, I think that is what we are seeing. You don't think that holding a clipboard helps, but I do. I have seen guys that looked like garbage, become excellent QBs, after a year of sideline work.

Sometimes, it is tough to get used to the playbook and recievers' routes, when you are busy trying to avoid a pass-rush. Whereas from the sideline, you get to see the guy who went uncovered. It just gives a young guy a better perspective of the game.

chiefinsyr
10-21-2007, 10:25 PM
My case for defending Huard, Jay Cutler. Jay Cutler seems to me that is what Croyle would look like right now if he were playing. Cutler is decent, but he's no where near good enough yet. I've only seen Croyle once, preseason against Miami. Not much to learn from that game. Its gotta be tough for young QB's to start out and have to lead a team.

hermhater
10-21-2007, 10:32 PM
My case for defending Huard, Jay Cutler. Jay Cutler seems to me that is what Croyle would look like right now if he were playing. Cutler is decent, but he's no where near good enough yet. I've only seen Croyle once, preseason against Miami. Not much to learn from that game. Its gotta be tough for young QB's to start out and have to lead a team.

And sometimes they just come in and dominate other teams defenses.

It is tough for any player to enter the NFL, especially the QB.

We won't know until we see more of Broyle.

Of course we should be happy that Huard is in. He is not losing games for us, and with this Oline that is saying something.

The guy showed me something today by avoiding those two sacks and making the big completions (one for a huge gain to DBo, and the other a short one to LJ for a first down, that set up LJ's TD) that he has never shown me before.

The ability to avoid the sack. If you can save two sacks because of a bad O line then you are doing your JOB!

GO CHIEFS!!

Remember guys we beat the HATED RAIDERS!

:sign0098:

sling58
10-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Huard didn't have a Brady day by any means but we got the W and I am happy with that. We can have the 3 string bus driver in there for all I care, as long as we win.

mxpxHERO
10-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Huard didn't have a Brady day by any means but we got the W and I am happy with that. We can have the 3 string bus driver in there for all I care, as long as we win.

you'd even have the ****eyed bus driver? oh thats gutsy. hahahah.

CROYLE CROYLE CROYLE!

sling58
10-22-2007, 11:12 AM
you'd even have the ****eyed bus driver? oh thats gutsy. hahahah.

CROYLE CROYLE CROYLE!

unlike Herm I like to take risks!

:lol: :lol:

Canada
10-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Right now I am behind the guy who has the Chiefs leading the West!! If it ain't broke don't fix it!!

hermhater
10-22-2007, 04:04 PM
Right now I am behind the guy who has the Chiefs leading the West!! If it ain't broke don't fix it!!

This is the second toughest division in the NFL, and we are on top of it!

Bring on the rest of the division and let's see if we can sweep them all this year!!!

Canada
10-22-2007, 04:11 PM
I say we play them all once with Huard and then once with Croyle and settle the Huard v. Croyle argument for the rest of the season and playoffs and SuperBowl.

hermhater
10-22-2007, 04:15 PM
I say we play them all once with Huard and then once with Croyle and settle the Huard v. Croyle argument for the rest of the season and playoffs and SuperBowl.

I have nothing to say to that.

:lol:

sling58
10-22-2007, 04:50 PM

That's a first!

McLovin
10-22-2007, 05:20 PM
This is the second toughest division in the NFL, and we are on top of it!

Bring on the rest of the division and let's see if we can sweep them all this year!!!
Give me a break, on a normal year this is the second toughest division in the NFL, and it may yet be before the year is over, but so far this year it isnt.

Agreed though we are first in the division, hope that stands through December.

:yahoo:

hermhater
10-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Give me a break, on a normal year this is the second toughest division in the NFL, and it may yet be before the year is over, but so far this year it isnt.

Agreed though we are first in the division, hope that stands through December.

This is a pretty normal year I would say. Our division has played some pretty tough teams so far this year.

We all had pretty good records last year and the schedules are based on that.

Stickin' to my guns, guy!

Second toughest division in the NFL!

timsatt1
10-22-2007, 07:42 PM
This is a pretty normal year I would say. Our division has played some pretty tough teams so far this year.

We all had pretty good records last year and the schedules are based on that.

Stickin' to my guns, guy!

Second toughest division in the NFL!

haha! yeah i'd like to think we are second toughest division as well. We definately dont have a PAT COLT or DTRAIN COWGIRLZ standing in our way though. We can pretty much make the playoffs going 9-7 or maybe even 8-8.

not so tough in my opinion. Plus I don't see anything special about the AFC west teams this year, nothing scary about em, sadly, including our chiefs. We have great D, but our offensive weaknesses + herm's moronic get the lead and run the rest of the game will guarantee that every game that we are not blown out will go down to the final 2 minutes.

Herm the sperm sure does play some boring football.

Guru
10-22-2007, 08:04 PM

Group attacks? :sign0153:

When you state things like this you make everyone who wants croyle sound like they want Huard injured or something. I haven't seen any attacks on either side.

Everyone has an opinion. Just leave it at that.

Chiefster
10-22-2007, 10:32 PM

When you state things like this you make everyone who wants croyle sound like they want Huard injured or something. I haven't seen any attacks on either side.

Exactly!

I have always maintained that whomever is going to take the snaps are going to have times that they struggle behind this "O" line.

hermhater
10-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Exactly!

I have always maintained that whomever is going to take the snaps are going to have times that they struggle behind this "O" line.

Way to back up a back up!

:lol: :beer: :D

timsatt1
10-22-2007, 11:03 PM

HAHAHAHA good stuff!! KEEP IT COMING!!!!!

Go croyle!!!!

huard please get injured...not severely...just enough to have to sit :)

ok fine. yeah i said it. i dont hate huard. i just really badly want to see BROYLE! YEEEHAW. and the best way for me to see him would be a huard minor injury...not a huard bad performance....that would result in a chiefs loss.

call me evil, call me what you want. i want huard to get that minor injury. maybe a jammed finger on the throwing hand bad enough to where he cant throw the football for a week. yeah, thats the one i wish for. :wheelchair:

Chiefster
10-22-2007, 11:06 PM

Heh! Less filling!

stlchief
10-23-2007, 01:30 AM
AMAZING: Chiefs are 4-1 in the last 5 with wins in SD & Oakland, and there is talk about Croyle alive on the forum.

Maybe everyone missed the pre-season, but the Croyle that was on the field doesn't let KC walk out with a victory in Oakland. A couple of stupid throws and game over, not the good way.

Let's change the discussion from Huard vs. Croyle to "take a shot now vs. chalk up this season and play for draft picks".

Because as long as the Chiefs are on top of the AFC West, that is really on the discussion to have....

chief31
10-23-2007, 01:30 AM

Perhaps you could use some educating on the subject of verbal attacks. Either that, or I will have to assume that you don't read alot of posts.

Suggesting injury is one form of verbal attacks, but there are others. Complaints that his touchdown throws have been horrible passes is one form of verbal attack. Is it someones opinion? Sure. But it is still an attack on one of my players' performance.

I get excited after a big road win in Oakland and then I get all of this "bench Huard" crap. That tends to ruin it for me. Therefore, I go on the defensive.

If you don't like it, then you don't have to reply. But feel free to.

hermhater
10-23-2007, 01:33 AM
AMAZING: Chiefs are 4-1 in the last 5 with wins in SD & Oakland, and there is talk about Croyle alive on the forum.

Maybe everyone missed the pre-season, but the Croyle that was on the field doesn't let KC walk out with a victory in Oakland. A couple of stupid throws and game over, not the good way.

Let's change the discussion from Huard vs. Croyle to "take a shot now vs. chalk up this season and play for draft picks".

Because as long as the Chiefs are on top of the AFC West, that is really on the discussion to have....

Been drinkin' cause it's a Monday again I see?

Unless a QB is Brady, Manning, or Favre-esque there will be a QB controversy!

I don't give a cr@p who is in anymore, it doesn't look like the line will help any one.

Where ya been dude?

hermhater
10-23-2007, 01:39 AM
Perhaps you could use some educating on the subject of verbal attacks. Either that, or I will have to assume that you don't read alot of posts.

Suggesting injury is one form of verbal attacks, but there are others. Complaints that his touchdown throws have been horrible passes is one form of verbal attack. Is it someones opinion? Sure. But it is still an attack on one of my players' performance.

I get excited after a big road win in Oakland and then I get all of this "bench Huard" crap. That tends to ruin it for me. Therefore, I go on the defensive.

If you don't like it, then you don't have to reply. But feel free to.

His TD passes have been saved by the receivers, sorry to disagree, I know that QB's are trained to throw to their best receivers and trust them in the End Zone, but they were ugly but effective. Kind of like a 3 am take home girl at the bar.

As should we all.

I don't think benching Huard will change the offense right now. Looks like the O line is just that bad...

Still on top in the AFC west though!

Haven't got to say that often the last couple of years!!!

Woot!

:sign0098::sign0098::sign0098: :beer::beer::beer: :toast2: :toast2: :yahoo:

stlchief
10-23-2007, 01:42 AM
Limited access to the internet lately. Might be awhile before I am back regularly. Especially if the Croyle thing keeps coming up again and again...

:-)

chief31
10-23-2007, 01:42 AM
His TD passes have been saved by the receivers, sorry to disagree, I know that QB's are trained to throw to their best receivers and trust them in the End Zone, but they were ugly but effective. Kind of like a 3 am take home girl at the bar.

As should we all.

I don't think benching Huard will change the offense right now. Looks like the O line is just that bad...

Woot!

Pssst. Look at both of Tom Bradys TD passes to Moss this week.

luv
10-23-2007, 01:56 AM
Limited access to the internet lately. Might be awhile before I am back regularly. Especially if the Croyle thing keeps coming up again and again...

:-)
This had absolutely nothing to do with Croyle.

McLovin
10-23-2007, 01:59 AM
This had absolutely nothing to do with Croyle.
You will have to excuse him he is a Huard Homer. He doesn't know any better.

hermhater
10-23-2007, 02:00 AM

As should we all.

Woot!

Pssst. Look at both of Tom Bradys TD passes to Moss this week.

Good to hear Gonzo and DBo have Moss talent.

Because they do!

GREAT RECEIVERS make GREAT QB'S!!!!

chief31
10-23-2007, 02:02 AM

Because they do!

Not without a great offensive line, and some good offensive game-planning they don't. They make Damon Huard.

Point being, that when Bray does it, it is just another great TD pass. But when Huard does it, it was a worthless throw that should get him benched.

McLovin
10-23-2007, 02:03 AM

Because they do!

Then why does Huard still suck, Ohhh yeah he keeps throwing to Droppie Parker and Kris Wilson.

hermhater
10-23-2007, 02:04 AM
Not without a great offensive line, and some good offensive game-planning they don't. They make Damon Huard.

Point taken!

Hey, after the spin move Huard showed this Sunday against the raiders, I think the kid's got moves!

Two sack evasions, for two first downs! One of them was for about 50 yards to DBo!

Huard is getting much more respect from me. Imagine if the guy had come in before Roaf retired.

Good times...

chief31
10-23-2007, 02:13 AM
Point taken!

Hey, after the spin move Huard showed this Sunday against the raiders, I think the kid's got moves!

Two sack evasions, for two first downs! One of them was for about 50 yards to DBo!

Huard is getting much more respect from me. Imagine if the guy had come in before Roaf retired.

Good times...

His greatest asset last season, was his ability to get rid of the ball quickly. Green had been spoiled by Roaf and crew. But Green was the better arm, with time and space to operate.

The reason that I like Huard now, is because he is still making the right decision, quickly. He still doesn't have a whole lot of time, nor sopace to operate. And he certainly isn't doing as well as last year. But he is performing admirably, considering the conditions.

chief31
10-23-2007, 02:13 AM
Then why does Huard still suck, Ohhh yeah he keeps throwing to Droppie Parker and Kris Wilson.

2-0 in divisional road games this year.

hermhater
10-23-2007, 02:14 AM
His greatest asset last season, was his ability to get rid of the ball quickly. Green had been spoiled by Roaf and crew. But Green was the better arm, with time and space to operate.

The reason that I like Huard now, is because he is still making the right decision, quickly. He still doesn't have a whole lot of time, nor sopace to operate. And he certainly isn't doing as well as last year. But he is performing admirably, considering the conditions.

Why didn't you just say this at the beginning of the Broyle/Huard controversy and everyone would have listened?

:sign0098: :beer: :toast2:

McLovin
10-23-2007, 02:14 AM
2-0 in divisional road games this year.
No Huard is 0-2 the Chiefs D is 2-0, luckily we get to take the D record.

chief31
10-23-2007, 02:19 AM
Why didn't you just say this at the beginning of the Broyle/Huard controversy and everyone would have listened?

I have said it repeatedly.

McLovin
10-23-2007, 02:19 AM

You know I can kinda agree on this, prolly wont matter as I may be on ignore lol.
Anyway I did like the 2 plays that Huard got away and made great plays, and when the team needed him most (when Trent went down) he was there and was golden, I was one of the ones arguing for Huard last year. I didn't feel they should just give Green back the job, I thought Huard won it, again that was last year.

This year I want to give Croyle a chance to win it, Because Huard hasn't showed that he deserves it.

Herm is nothing if not loyal.

chief31
10-23-2007, 02:21 AM
No Huard is 0-2 the Chiefs D is 2-0, luckily we get to take the D record.

Defensive assistance, or not, he is 2-0 on the road, against divisional rivals, this year. Period. Whine and cry about details all you want, but it is an unchangable fact.

hermhater
10-23-2007, 02:26 AM

I have said it repeatedly.

You know I can kinda agree on this, prolly wont matter as I may be on ignore lol.
Anyway I did like the 2 plays that Huard got away and made great plays, and when the team needed him most (when Trent went down) he was there and was golden, I was one of the ones arguing for Huard last year. I didn't feel they should just give Green back the job, I thought Huard won it, again that was last year.

This year I want to give Croyle a chance to win it, Because Huard hasn't showed that he deserves it.

Herm is nothing if not loyal.

Defensive assistance, or not, he is 2-0 on the road, against divisional rivals, this year. Period. Whine and cry about details all you want, but it is an unchangable fact.

Put it all together and it smells like post of the month.

Raiders lost to the Chiefs.

'nuff said.

Chiefster
10-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Put it all together and it smells like post of the month.

Raiders lost to the Chiefs.

'nuff said.

...Couldn't agree more!

rbedgood
10-29-2007, 08:53 PM

Yet somehow I'm still reading this post.

hermhater
10-29-2007, 08:57 PM

Hard work always pays off in the end!

Chiefster
10-29-2007, 08:57 PM

Mind boggling isn't it?