PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to Huard, Bowe, and Page!

Three7s
10-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Without any of these guys, the Chiefs lose this game, simple as that. Huard made some unbelievable moves in the pocket before that 54yrd pass to Bowe, which was what really gave us a chance to win. If he doesn't complete that, game over, we lose. Bowe showed off those hands and some speed once again and made a pretty good catch, the rookie has done it again! Last, but definitely not least, Page. He's been beaten on some plays, but I tell ya, if he doesn't intercept that ball in the last minute of the game, the Raiders beat us. All they needed was a FG, and it looked like they were gonna get it. He defied them and, with those three guys combined, won us the game. It wasn't pretty, but hey when is it with the Chiefs? Hats off to the whole Chiefs defense as well, they did a magnificent job. It feels great to be all alone in first place! Go CHIEFS!

YZILLA
10-21-2007, 08:46 PM
Just watched gameday on NFL Network and they still wont give the chiefs props and say the Chargers are the spolight of the AFC west even though they lost to us ! Pisses me off !

hermhater
10-21-2007, 08:46 PM
They all did great!

Making big plays in crunch time is what makes a player great!

McLovin
10-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Without any of these guys, the Chiefs lose this game, simple as that. Huard made some unbelievable moves in the pocket before that 54yrd pass to Bowe, which was what really gave us a chance to win. If he doesn't complete that, game over, we lose. Bowe showed off those hands and some speed once again and made a pretty good catch, the rookie has done it again! Last, but definitely not least, Page. He's been beaten on some plays, but I tell ya, if he doesn't intercept that ball in the last minute of the game, the Raiders beat us. All they needed was a FG, and it looked like they were gonna get it. He defied them and, with those three guys combined, won us the game. It wasn't pretty, but hey when is it with the Chiefs? Hats off to the whole Chiefs defense as well, they did a magnificent job. It feels great to be all alone in first place! Go CHIEFS!
Huard made 2 good plays, lets crown him MVP of the league, I love D-Bo but he cant be a playmaker if they don't throw to him. Page did good, D overall did great. And would you have been saying LJ if Rayner would have hit the Field Goal and we would have been up by more.

I don't care how the Chiefs beat the Faiders, I just care that they do. I do feel that there were 2 dozen teams in the league that if we would have put up an effort like that, they would have beat us.

Glad to see the Faiders are getting back to the losers they are, Hope the donks keep up being losers, but how many bad bad games can Huard have until Herm and the other Fanboys give Croyle a shot.

Put him in while Huard is still able to play backup, then there is another option if he doesn't play good (or throws a ton of Int's (Chief31 I expect all of your money bet on that one.)

Please get over this Huard Mancrush, I want to win the game, not, not lose it.

tammietailgator
10-21-2007, 08:51 PM
I agreed whole heartedly!!! Great job on our D!! Tough game too with a lot of emotion on both sides. We knew it would be a close one as usual.

Trying to find a clip of the wonderful 3 stooge move that the raiders had on that punt return, when they clobbered each other. W/ Al davis, it would have made them the 3 stooges.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Three7s
10-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Huard made 2 good plays, lets crown him MVP of the league, I love D-Bo but he cant be a playmaker if they don't throw to him. Page did good, D overall did great. And would you have been saying LJ if Rayner would have hit the Field Goal and we would have been up by more.

I don't care how the Chiefs beat the Faiders, I just care that they do. I do feel that there were 2 dozen teams in the league that if we would have put up an effort like that, they would have beat us.

Glad to see the Faiders are getting back to the losers they are, Hope the donks keep up being losers, but how many bad bad games can Huard have until Herm and the other Fanboys give Croyle a shot.

Put him in while Huard is still able to play backup, then there is another option if he doesn't play good (or throws a ton of Int's (Chief31 I expect all of your money bet on that one.)

Look, I'm not saying Huard played the greatest game of any QB in the history of the NFL, anyone that says that would be a fool. I'm just saying that he made the play when the team and Huard, himself, needed to make a play. If he got sacked on that pass play to Bowe, the game is over, and that's that. You say don't play to lose the game, well get used to it, because that's Herm ball, this is just like how Marty coached back in the 90s.

hermhater
10-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Look, I'm not saying Huard played the greatest game of any QB in the history of the NFL, anyone that says that would be a fool. I'm just saying that he made the play when the team and Huard, himself, needed to make a play. If he got sacked on that pass play to Bowe, the game is over, and that's that. You say don't play to lose the game, well get used to it, because that's Herm ball, this is just like how Marty coached back in the 90s.

Tell me about it!

:mob::mob::mob::mob::mob:

McLovin
10-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Agreed.

chief31
10-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Huard made 2 good plays, lets crown him MVP of the league,

And Croyle has done nothing. Are you sure that isn't MVP worthy? Nothing is good enough for you. I'd hate to see what you would do to Croyle if he were playing.

I love D-Bo but he cant be a playmaker if they don't throw to him. Page did good, D overall did great. And would you have been saying LJ if Rayner would have hit the Field Goal and we would have been up by more.

I don't care how the Chiefs beat the Faiders,

RRRRRRRRRRRRRR-IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. Then why is it you continue to complain after our victories?

I just care that they do. I do feel that there were 2 dozen teams in the league that if we would have put up an effort like that, they would have beat us.

Hmmm... I knew there was a reason for my scepticism about the "I don't care how..." statement.

Ya know, I have a crush on being competetive. Croyle did nothing but show the ability to lose. If you want a loser, then there are plenty of those around. Fortunately, the Chiefs aer trying to win. Therefore, they start the guy who is more likely to win.

Huard plays well and you cry, Huard plays poorly, and you'll cry too. Just cry and I will rejoice that Huard has us in first place.

And when Croyle does get his shot, I will hope and pray that he is ready to do what you are convinced he would have already been doing.

You try to stick me in some non-existent "Croyle haters" club, but I am not. At the beginning of the season, I wanted Huard because I didn't want to see us create another Rich Gannon. Now, I want to keep him, because he is winning with a rag-tag O-line and an ultra-conservative offensive gameplan. Hell, the man is 2-0 against divisional rivals, and both of those wins have come on the road!

Basically, what I am saying is ...

"NO!! We are not there yet!"

McLovin
10-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Ya know, I have a crush on being competetive. Croyle did nothing but show the ability to lose. If you want a loser, then there are plenty of those around. Fortunately, the Chiefs aer trying to win. Therefore, they start the guy who is more likely to win.

Huard plays well and you cry, Huard plays poorly, and you'll cry too. Just cry and I will rejoice that Huard has us in first place.

Would love to see him play well,

Huard does not have us in First place, we are in first place in spite of him. If anyone on offense, HAS us in first place I would say it is Gonzo, maybe D-Bo.

I more would say that the D has us in first place, and again Huard hasn't been so detrimental as to take us out of first place.

And when Croyle does get his shot, I will hope and pray that he is ready to do what you are convinced he would have already been doing.

I am far from convinced, but I want to find out. And I want to find out when Huard is not injured so we can ease him in, not go for broke.

You try to stick me in some non-existent "Croyle haters" club, but I am not. At the beginning of the season, I wanted Huard because I didn't want to see us create another Rich Gannon. Now, I want to keep him, because he is winning with a rag-tag O-line and an ultra-conservative offensive gameplan. Hell, the man is 2-0 against divisional rivals, and both of those wins have come on the road!

Basically, what I am saying is ...

"NO!! We are not there yet!"

I will give him credit when he does good, he had two great plays today, What I want to hear is all you Huard fanboys admit when he has a bad game, Heck he did, He was about to get pulled and made a great play, with that he lived for another set of downs.
He said after the game that the Offense was very inconsistent and didn't play well.

I dont know what you have against Croyle, We haven't seen him play enough to count him out. But what I have seen Huard is not playing to win the game. He is playing not to lose it. I DON'T LIKE IT. I wanna win.

We WON the game against the Eggos, (the Ds (defense and D-Bo))

Today we didn't win we managed not to lose, as we did with the Viqueens and as we did with the Bungles.

I could be bold enough to say also that our Offense hasn't won a game this year, they (led by Huard) Haven't Lost 4 Games.

Now for right now, Not losing 4 games is working, but I want to win some games. Because against other teams in this division we wont be able to not lose, we will have to win.

McLovin
10-21-2007, 09:44 PM
BTW I have a huge mancrush on LJ, He got over 100 yards today and had a good game, Despite the LJ people that want him gone.

And I am not bold enough to say that LJ is the reason we are 4-3.

BTW loved the way Priest directed the O when he was in. I think if he was in on half the plays and never touched the ball the rest of the season, Just his blocking, directing, and leadership could be a huge boost for the offense.

Three7s
10-21-2007, 09:49 PM
LJ did have an alright game. He dropped some balls, but there were guys in his face, so it wouldn't have mattered. He got the TD and some key first downs. Not to mention that big run, which led to the interception.

Canada
10-21-2007, 09:51 PM
BTW I have a huge mancrush on LJ, He got over 100 yards today and had a good game, Despite the LJ people that want him gone.

BTW loved the way Priest directed the O when he was in. I think if he was in on half the plays and never touched the ball the rest of the season, Just his blocking, directing, and leadership could be a huge boost for the offense.

Now I see why you were mentioning the team we will not mention earlier!! :sign0098:

chiefinsyr
10-21-2007, 09:55 PM
Add Jared Allen to this. MVP of the game. He was stopping the run and sacking Culpepper all game. LJ was solid, Huard was good enough, Jared Page sealed it. Bowe is...Bowe.

hermhater
10-21-2007, 09:56 PM

LJ did have an alright game. He dropped some balls, but there were guys in his face, so it wouldn't have mattered. He got the TD and some key first downs. Not to mention that big run, which led to the interception.

Now I see why you were mentioning the team we will not mention earlier!! :sign0098:

Great posts by all!

LJ was the beast as soon as he got past the line.

Priest was giving out blocking assignments (something that Huard, nor LJ have ever done, as far as I can tell) when he was in the back field, and guess what, he got us a first down!

I am still a huge LJ fan (fav player), but will give credit where it is due!

Good job Priest.

As for you Canada I saw you on a Big Foot research show earlier, what gives?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2385&highlight=big+foot

tammietailgator
10-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Add Jared Allen to this. MVP of the game. He was stopping the run and sacking Culpepper all game. LJ was solid, Huard was good enough, Jared Page sealed it. Bowe is...Bowe.
Well put!!

chief31
10-21-2007, 09:58 PM
I will give him credit when he does good, he had two great plays today, What I want to hear is all you Huard fanboys admit when he has a bad game, Heck he did, He was about to get pulled and made a great play, with that he lived for another set of downs.
He said after the game that the Offense was very inconsistent and didn't play well.

I dont know what you have against Croyle, We haven't seen him play enough to count him out.

Don't do that! Don't try to paint ME as the negative one. You are the one who is on the offensive.I have made it abundantly clear that I like Croyle and want him to do well.... when he gets his chance. But to assume that he is the "second-coming" is quite a stretch. He couldn't win the starting job from Huard, even after he was given every advantage in a lop-sided "competition". How about giving the guy some time to get a real grip on the offense and maybe even some professional blockers (next year)?

But what I have seen Huard is not playing to win the game. He is playing not to lose it. I DON'T LIKE IT. So then, You'll be eating these words?
I don't care how the Chiefs beat the Faiders,
I wanna win.

We WON the game against the Eggos, (the Ds (defense and D-Bo))

Today we didn't win we managed not to lose, as we did with the Viqueens and as we did with the Bungles.

I could be bold enough to say also that our Offense hasn't won a game this year, they (led by Huard) Haven't Lost 4 Games.

Now for right now, Not losing 4 games is working, but I want to win some games. Because against other teams in this division we wont be able to not lose, we will have to win.

If you want to have this discussion every week, then fine. I'm game. But don't paint me as the complainer here. You want to complain about how we are winning, then do that.

tammietailgator
10-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Great posts by all!

Priest was giving out blocking assignments (something that Huard, nor LJ have ever done, as far as I can tell) when he was in the back field, and guess what, he got us a first down!

Good job Priest.

got any clips???

hermhater
10-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Great posts by all!

Good job Priest.

got any clips???

You can see Canada on the Travel Channel at 10 CST.

No I don't have any clips.

You have to watch it for yourself on the TV!

:toast2::toast2::toast2::toast2::toast2::toast2::t oast2::toast2:

McLovin
10-21-2007, 10:21 PM
If you want to have this discussion every week, then fine. I'm game. But don't paint me as the complainer here. You want to complain about how we are winning, then do that.

As long as we can both be civil and not insult each other then I think we can have this discussion every week. BTW I do respect your opinion, I just don't agree and I haven't seen where you have ever found any fault in Huard, However every time that someone mentions Croyle, all of the sudden there is a comment about how many Int's he will throw if he gets in. Don't know till he gets in. So far he has only been in a couple plays during the regular season. But in those he hasn't thrown an Int yet.

In response, the reason that I am complaining about how we are winning is because we cant sustain winning in this fashion.

I have never said that Croyle is the second coming, this is the main reason I want him in, I want to find out what he is about. Because so far Huard is Ok. I want better then Ok. And I want it at a time when we can go back to ok if need be to get away from bad.

On the fact that he hasn't won the starting job from Huard, I have myself questioned this, the people on this board have more Chiefs knowledge then most in the media because we have a vested interest and read stuff from all sources. Herm on the other hand sees EVERYTHING first hand and the fact that Huard is started hurt makes me wonder how bad Croyle has been in practice.

In all my asking for Croyle I have never once said that we should trade or get rid of Huard, I don't hate Huard I actually loved the job he did last year, In the beginning of the year I was kinda happy for the guy when he won the starting job, I just want him to win the starting job, again he isn't doing anything to lose it. but I want to know what Croyle has done that he hasn't won it because Huard hasn't shown me enough in games to think that he is winning it, again he just hasn't lost it. Maybe I should appeal to Croyle to go into practice and win the job. I just don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

Today Priest went in and WON playing time IMO. No he didn't run for 100 yards and 2 td's. He brought something new to the game. A Spark maybe, just a new idea at the least. Instead of saying this person isn't doing their job he went in and tried to help them know how to do their job.

hermhater
10-21-2007, 10:26 PM
As long as we can both be civil and not insult each other then I think we can have this discussion every week. BTW I do respect your opinion, I just don't agree and I haven't seen where you have ever found any fault in Huard, However every time that someone mentions Croyle, all of the sudden there is a comment about how many Int's he will throw if he gets in. Don't know till he gets in. So far he has only been in a couple plays during the regular season. But in those he hasn't thrown an Int yet.

In response, the reason that I am complaining about how we are winning is because we cant sustain winning in this fashion.

I have never said that Croyle is the second coming, this is the main reason I want him in, I want to find out what he is about. Because so far Huard is Ok. I want better then Ok. And I want it at a time when we can go back to ok if need be to get away from bad.

On the fact that he hasn't won the starting job from Huard, I have myself questioned this, the people on this board have more Chiefs knowledge then most in the media because we have a vested interest and read stuff from all sources. Herm on the other hand sees EVERYTHING first hand and the fact that Huard is started hurt makes me wonder how bad Croyle has been in practice.

In all my asking for Croyle I have never once said that we should trade or get rid of Huard, I don't hate Huard I actually loved the job he did last year, In the beginning of the year I was kinda happy for the guy when he won the starting job, I just want him to win the starting job, again he isn't doing anything to lose it. but I want to know what Croyle has done that he hasn't won it because Huard hasn't shown me enough in games to think that he is winning it, again he just hasn't lost it. Maybe I should appeal to Croyle to go into practice and win the job. I just don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

Today Priest went in and WON playing time IMO. No he didn't run for 100 yards and 2 td's. He brought something new to the game. A Spark maybe, just a new idea at the least. Instead of saying this person isn't doing their job he went in and tried to help them know how to do their job.

I would say that is a fair assessment of Broyle in my opinion.

My argument for the guy is "HERM PUT IN HUARD AND HE IS WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE ON OFFENSE, SO WHY SHOULD WE TRUST THIS DECISION???

chief31
10-21-2007, 10:29 PM

The primary reason that I don't want Croyle in, is because he is doing a fantastic job, right where he is.

Also, as much as I may dislike it, I think Huard is doing a very good job of what Herm asks of him. If Croyle were in there, he would have to do the same thing, or he wouldn't be in there long.

tammietailgator
10-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Just from watching the donkeys tonight.... in something I thought would been more of steel by the steelers, We dooooo need to buck up our offense.

McLovin
10-21-2007, 10:34 PM
The primary reason that I don't want Croyle in, is because he is doing a fantastic job, right where he is.

Also, as much as I may dislike it, I think Huard is doing a very good job of what Herm asks of him. If Croyle were in there, he would have to do the same thing, or he wouldn't be in there long.

Unfortunately I agree on this one. Maybe we should join forces and start petitions to get rid of Herm.

It is really going to tick me off if Croyle gets put in, is a gunslinger like Favre, and then is benched and traded by Hermie.

Which I feel would be followed by all of us Chiefs fans saying wow how could we trade a guy like that. He is great in (insert town here) and we had him and traded him away.

hermhater
10-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Just from watching the donkeys tonight.... in something I thought would been more of steel by the steelers, We dooooo need to buck up our offense.

Thanks for brining this up girly!

There are other threads out there being ignored because you guys want to argue about Huard all night!

Now get to posting!

hermhater
10-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Unfortunately I agree on this one. Maybe we should join forces and start petitions to get rid of Herm.

It is really going to tick me off if Croyle gets put in, is a gunslinger like Favre, and then is benched and traded by Hermie.

Which I feel would be followed by all of us Chiefs fans saying wow how could we trade a guy like that. He is great in (insert town here) and we had him and traded him away.

At least you are on my team!

:sign0098: :toast2::toast2::toast2::toast2::toast2: :D

McLovin
10-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks for brining this up girly!

There are other threads out there being ignored because you guys want to argue about Huard all night!

Now get to posting!
Hey HH why dont ya let your gf hop on so I can talk to her. I'll quit arguing then. j/k

:lol:

tammietailgator
10-21-2007, 10:39 PM
No kidding... doesnt matter which one is in - or who is running the ball, O needs to get it together!! We need to stop whining about who we dont have anymore and work on the new line

chief31
10-21-2007, 10:45 PM

Well, so far Herm is getting on my good side. Until he neglects the offensive line, this offseason, or we start losing again, he is not going to be getting too much nagativity from me.

I have to go to work now.

hermhater
10-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Hey HH why dont ya let your gf hop on so I can talk to her. I'll quit arguing then. j/k

There are 3 other 'puters she can get on she is shy and chooses not to!

Good girl.

:lol: :beer: :sign0098: :D :toast2:

hermhater
10-21-2007, 10:48 PM
Well, so far Herm is getting on my good side. Until he neglects the offensive line, this offseason, or we start losing again, he is not going to be getting too much nagativity from me.

At least you have a Chiefs win to brag about while at work!

Be safe and have fun!

:sign0098:

McLovin
10-21-2007, 10:50 PM

Does that mean I win lol. Have a good safe night at work. Talk more soon.

Chiefster
10-21-2007, 10:54 PM
I like what little I saw out of the Priest! He got us that one much needed first down which allowed us to use some clock against the Fadres late in the game. :D

tammietailgator
10-21-2007, 10:58 PM
I liked what I seen also, proves a lot about our O huh!?!?

timsatt1
10-21-2007, 11:01 PM

AMAN!!! priest doesnt have to touch the ball to be a factor. he is triple threat, run catch or block. He is a presence and requires the defense to adjust to his ability. I want to see more plays with both holmes and johnson in at the same time, trick plays and screens. Priest still has good speed to run to the outside, which Johnson does not.

Johnson is only effective up the middle, when he is even effective. Had a good run today and a couple good short power extra effort runs for a touchdown and a short yardage first down. hats off to our running game....not pretty...but today, not ugly.

ill never be able to say enough of our two workhorses...one on offense and one on defense.

allen and gonzalez. they are what the team should be about.

huard came alive at the right time and bowe caught the ball in crunch.

defense was spectacular.

ugly, good win.

hermhater
10-21-2007, 11:01 PM
I like what little I saw out of the Priest! He got us that one much needed first down which allowed us to use some clock against the Fadres late in the game. :D

I liked what I seen also, proves a lot about our O huh!?!?

Priest was calm, composed and seemingly in charge of the offense while he was in the game.

Expect to see much more of him as the season progresses.

Oh yeah, Priest will throw the winning TD for the CHIEFS in the Super Bowl!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: :toast2::toast2::toast2::toast2:

Chiefster
10-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Priest was calm, composed and seemingly in charge of the offense while he was in the game.

Expect to see much more of him as the season progresses.

Oh yeah, Priest will throw the winning TD for the CHIEFS in the Super Bowl!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: :toast2::toast2::toast2::toast2:

He adds a much needed spark to a sputtering offense. IMO

NITE CROWD!

YZILLA
10-22-2007, 12:35 AM
A win is a Win no matter how you come about it. If we played any other team with a potent offense and made it the most ugly win in NFL history and won by a single point there would still be this useless banter of Huard and Croyle. Just watch the game and root for your team and hope they do well enough to win. We are not the patriots we are the Chiefs and for what its worth we are above .500 and seem to be winning anyway we can . I am happy to have won . Yeah for the whole team . Boo for those who fight over it after the win. Whats gonna happen next is someones feelings are gonna get hurt and they are gonna take their ball and go home. Enjoy life fellas its a game ! and we won today ! We have done better this year so far than I ever dreamed we would . :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
10-22-2007, 12:39 AM
A win is a Win no matter how you come about it. If we played any other team with a potent offense and made it the most ugly win in NFL history and won by a single point there would still be this useless banter of Huard and Croyle. Just watch the game and root for your team and hope they do well enough to win. We are not the patriots we are the Chiefs and for what its worth we are above .500 and seem to be winning anyway we can . I am happy to have won . Yeah for the whole team . Boo for those who fight over it after the win. Whats gonna happen next is someones feelings are gonna get hurt and they are gonna take their ball and go home. Enjoy life fellas its a game ! and we won today ! We have done better this year so far than I ever dreamed we would . :bananen_smilies046:

I laughed so hard I woke my GF and she was scared!

Great post dude!

More love for the Chiefs please!?!?!?!

Guru
10-22-2007, 12:44 AM

I call to bench the coach.

Guru
10-22-2007, 12:47 AM

I don't know what was going on in this thread earlier but that is funny.

I am just tired of being average at best. I want this organization to start thinking outside the box and look at what other orgs are doing.

I want to stick a foot to the other teams throat and DARE them to get up.

hermhater
10-22-2007, 12:50 AM
I call to bench the coach.

Some sanity finally!

Chiefs beat the Raiders!!!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

McLovin
10-22-2007, 12:52 AM
I don't know what was going on in this thread earlier but that is funny.

I am just tired of being average at best. I want this organization to start thinking outside the box and look at what other orgs are doing.

I want to stick a foot to the other teams throat and DARE them to get up.
I agree again, Rep added, Also wouldn't it be nice to see the NFL network talking about how the Chiefs ran up the score.

We have the talent to do it, We need to use the talent, work on the play calling and go for the kill early and often.

Guru
10-22-2007, 12:57 AM
I agree again, Rep added, Also wouldn't it be nice to see the NFL network talking about how the Chiefs ran up the score.

We have the talent to do it, We need to use the talent, work on the play calling and go for the kill early and often.

Herm will NEVER do that. I think, in his history, he has only been in ONE blowout. Ironically, it was against the Pats or Colts in a playoff game.

hermhater
10-22-2007, 01:16 AM
Herm will NEVER do that. I think, in his history, he has only been in ONE blowout. Ironically, it was against the Pats or Colts in a playoff game.

How the hell did that happen?

Did the opponents entire defense have ACL injuries?

:lol::D

chief31
10-22-2007, 01:41 AM
Then there was the game against the Niners, last season. (Sorry rbedgood.)

hermhater
10-22-2007, 01:48 AM
Then there was the game against the Niners, last season. (Sorry rbedgood.)

It takes you over an hour to get to work?

:D

chief31
10-22-2007, 01:57 AM
It takes you over an hour to get to work?

Nah. It just takes awhile for me to get some internet time.

McLovin
10-22-2007, 02:00 AM

Well come on read up, you have been on 10 minutes and haven't bashed me on some of my best work yet.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2399

Thought I would throw a lil fuel on the fire, well that and my sig line. And on that Im off to bed, have a good nite I'll read responses in the mornin.

McLovin
10-22-2007, 02:01 AM
Well come on read up, you have been on 10 minutes and haven't bashed me on some of my best work yet.

Thought I would throw a lil fuel on the fire, well that and my sig line. And on that Im off to bed, have a good nite I'll read responses in the mornin.

OOOh yeah :lol::lol:

:yahoo::yahoo:

Jokin waiting on your feedback.

hermhater
10-22-2007, 02:04 AM

Why won't Sports Center show Chiefs clips?

I don't get it.

I am getting NFL network, or Chiefs network or something.

If the Chiefs beat the Raiders it should be in the top five headlines for the day.

Period.

Any decade.

:mob:

chief31
10-22-2007, 02:05 AM

'Night.

hermhater
10-22-2007, 02:05 AM
OOOh yeah :lol::lol:

:yahoo::yahoo:

Jokin waiting on your feedback.

Good luck with that!

It is a Chiefs win and he has about 500 posts to read!

He will get around to you in about 11 hours.

Poll?

Bet??

YZILLA
10-22-2007, 02:49 AM
Hermhater , NFL Network is really worth the money . I spend ninety percent of my TV time there . I get to see the best 4 games of the week on replay , where they skip all the timeouts and unecessary crap during the game . Veyr good stufff on there! By the way incase you all who have NFL network missed it Priest Holmes made like #5 on Dion Sanders Primetime top ten plays of the day , for his first down run on his comeback game. NFL network Truley is 24/7 football and throws some good college football in every once in awhile. My cable company told me they were canceling it before the Thanksgiving game against the Donks and I cancelled my account and got dish network. Not sure if they ever got it back again but I know that everyone was pissed and they had a hude ammount of complaints. They said it was because of the games the the NFL channel actually cover . Go here and see http://iwantnflnetwork.com/

YZILLA
10-22-2007, 02:55 AM
Also if you see the games you will miss on thursdays and saturdays .http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/showscontent?page=/nflnetwork/programs/thursdayandsaturdaygames&subjectType=thursdayandsaturdaygames

go to www.nfl.com (http://www.nfl.com) and scroll to the bottom and see all the links about the NFL Network.

Guru
10-22-2007, 03:03 AM
I love how the web site states that my cable provider "offers" NFLN. You can only get it if you upgrade all the way to the overpriced digital tier.

I pay $12.50 per month for BASIC cable. I am not going to pay $65 more just to get ESPN and NFLN. I could care less about all the other channels that money gets me. I hate the way cable puts the screws to their customers.

Dish isn't a much better option for me either.

YZILLA
10-22-2007, 03:17 AM
Dish Network or Direct is the best answer though . its not an add on for the NFL network. and the prices dont seem to keep rising with the gas prices like cable. Not everyone will like this option though . Cable is nice and reliable but costly . Dish or Direct work great unless it rains hard or snows.

Guru
10-22-2007, 03:23 AM
Dish Network or Direct is the best answer though . its not an add on for the NFL network. and the prices dont seem to keep rising with the gas prices like cable. Not everyone will like this option though . Cable is nice and reliable but costly . Dish or Direct work great unless it rains hard or snows.

Yeah, it is definitely the best option. Just hard for me to break down and pay over $35 per month to get what I already get for $12.50 plus NFLN and ESPN. $29.99 for Dish and 5 bucks extra for my locals. They won't give me that for free here.

hermhater
10-22-2007, 04:08 AM

You live in South Dakota where they have 30 foot drifts.

I can't get Dish or DirectTv because my patio does not face south.

I wish I could.

YZILLA
10-22-2007, 04:18 AM
Ive seen places that just set them up on a pole that faces south and run the cable into the house - you think they could work something out for your complex.

sling58
10-22-2007, 07:06 AM
AMAN!!! priest doesnt have to touch the ball to be a factor. he is triple threat, run catch or block. He is a presence and requires the defense to adjust to his ability. I want to see more plays with both holmes and johnson in at the same time, trick plays and screens. Priest still has good speed to run to the outside, which Johnson does not.

Johnson is only effective up the middle, when he is even effective. Had a good run today and a couple good short power extra effort runs for a touchdown and a short yardage first down. hats off to our running game....not pretty...but today, not ugly.

ill never be able to say enough of our two workhorses...one on offense and one on defense.

allen and gonzalez. they are what the team should be about.

huard came alive at the right time and bowe caught the ball in crunch.

defense was spectacular.

ugly, good win.

I have been saying this all along. I am glad that Priest is back.

McLovin
10-22-2007, 08:49 AM
Yeah, it is definitely the best option. Just hard for me to break down and pay over $35 per month to get what I already get for $12.50 plus NFLN and ESPN. $29.99 for Dish and 5 bucks extra for my locals. They won't give me that for free here.
I actually had direct for 7 years, after examining my bill I am now back to cable, I was paying over 80 a month for Direct with no HBO, Cinemax or other, if you have one or two tvs Direct is ok, but anything more then that they start getting you, I have 7 TVs in my house, I had to have a couple of them with no Satellite, and the ones that did have satellite, I had to pay 5 dollars a month for even though I bought the equiptment.
When I would call Direct didn't care about any of my concerns and they were very quick to shut me off if I forgot my payment.

Rain fade was horrible for Direct and if my signal went out that was just to bad, with cable if I lose signal for an extended period of time (as I had in the past with Direct) then they refund me the time that I lost, Direct will not do that.

Also with cable I get a service called on Demand, I got to watch Hard Knocks on demand whenever I wanted it is kina like having a dvd player with a bunch of DVDs of shows, you hit the button at whatever time and it plays.

For me the only redeeming quality of Direct would have to be the NFL Sunday Ticket, but I also don't think I should have to pay 300 dollars to watch a few Chiefs games that I cant get normally. (which is getting more and more) Why cant I pay for just the games I want.

That is my 2 Cents. and I do know that all cable companies are different.

Also Cable is just the lesser of two evils in my opinion.

sling58
10-22-2007, 08:51 AM
I actually had direct for 7 years, after examining my bill I am now back to cable, I was paying over 80 a month for Direct with no HBO, Cinemax or other, if you have one or two tvs Direct is ok, but anything more then that they start getting you, I have 7 TVs in my house, I had to have a couple of them with no Satellite, and the ones that did have satellite, I had to pay 5 dollars a month for even though I bought the equiptment.
When I would call Direct didn't care about any of my concerns and they were very quick to shut me off if I forgot my payment.

Rain fade was horrible for Direct and if my signal went out that was just to bad, with cable if I lose signal for an extended period of time (as I had in the past with Direct) then they refund me the time that I lost, Direct will not do that.

Also with cable I get a service called on Demand, I got to watch Hard Knocks on demand whenever I wanted it is kina like having a dvd player with a bunch of DVDs of shows, you hit the button at whatever time and it plays.

For me the only redeeming quality of Direct would have to be the NFL Sunday Ticket, but I also don't think I should have to pay 300 dollars to watch a few Chiefs games that I cant get normally. (which is getting more and more) Why cant I pay for just the games I want.

That is my 2 Cents. and I do know that all cable companies are different.

Also Cable is just the lesser of two evils in my opinion.

true!!

mxpxHERO
10-22-2007, 10:53 AM
DIRECT TV sucks a lot of monkey jugulars. but its the only thing we could get out in the middle of nowhere.

sling58
10-22-2007, 10:58 AM
DIRECT TV sucks a lot of monkey jugulars. but its the only thing we could get out in the middle of nowhere.

true living out in the boonies you have to take what you can get.

mxpxHERO
10-22-2007, 11:00 AM
true living out in the boonies you have to take what you can get.

its irritating knowing you have the money to pay for the goodstuff, but can't just because of the location. *WAVES FIST*

sling58
10-22-2007, 11:01 AM
its irritating knowing you have the money to pay for the goodstuff, but can't just because of the location. *WAVES FIST*

dang blasted newfangled technology!

mxpxHERO
10-22-2007, 11:03 AM

http://www.fox.com/kingofthehill/bios/images/bio_img_boom.gif

that dang ol blasted newfangled technology ol internet, cable...

sling58
10-22-2007, 11:04 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

that dang ol blasted newfangled technology ol internet, cable...

love King of the Hill!

mxpxHERO
10-22-2007, 11:05 AM
love King of the Hill!

who doesn't? i mean if you don't youre not american. no offense canada. :yahoo:

sling58
10-22-2007, 11:07 AM

True if you live in America you should like certain things.

Three7s
10-24-2007, 04:26 AM
I knew no good would come from you city-folk and you're flying machines!

Sorry, couldn't resist.:lol:

Canada
10-24-2007, 08:24 AM

I would only be offended if you did call me American!! :bananen_smilies046:

wolfpack
10-24-2007, 09:21 AM
haurd is on of the reseasons we almost lost. his inability to look down field,his happy feet,hearing footsteps. all the other team has to do his take out the rb on his swing route and haurd wont have much yardage.

chief31
10-25-2007, 06:21 AM
haurd is on of the reseasons we almost lost. his inability to look down field,his happy feet,hearing footsteps. all the other team has to do his take out the rb on his swing route and haurd wont have much yardage.

But he is one of the reasons we won.

sling58
10-25-2007, 07:11 AM

We won the game. That's how I see it.

m0ef0e
10-25-2007, 09:30 PM

I couldn't agree more. :sign0098:

GO CHIEFS!!!

McLovin
10-26-2007, 10:28 PM

I couldn't agree more. :sign0098:

GO CHIEFS!!!

Ohhh and you too three7s,

I think you guys are lost, the official meeting of the Huard Homers is in the next thread over.
==================>

Chiefster
10-26-2007, 10:45 PM

I think you guys are lost, the official meeting of the Huard Homers is in the next thread over.
==================>

So where's the thread for the Croyle Homers??? :D

hermhater
10-26-2007, 10:50 PM
So where's the thread for the Croyle Homers??? :D

You can't swing a dead cat without finding one of those!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/321.jpg

Chiefster
10-26-2007, 10:53 PM

HA!!! :lol:

hermhater
10-26-2007, 10:56 PM

HA!!! :lol:

You like, no?

Chiefster
10-26-2007, 10:58 PM
You like, no?

Yes! :sign0098:

chief31
10-27-2007, 05:14 AM

==================>

Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't realize that this was the official "I wish we could just stop winning" thread.

McLovin
10-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Heres the deal. Everyone needs to quit calling Croyle a loser before seeing him, If he gets in and shows he is a loser throw it in my face, Plain and simple Huard SUCKS. I put up stats showing how bad he sucks, and no one read and responded in his defense. If he was good he would have been a starter long before now. He SUCKS and needs to go back to being a backup. We are winning in spite of him. TIME FOR CROYLE. Again once Croyle comes in and proves he is a loser then throw it in my face. If Huard gets us to the Super Bowl throw it in my face. I will gladly eat crow. but but but Croyle threw a couple ints in Preseason. So FN what. Bring him in if he shows horrible judgment with the REAL season with the first team (all of them) then either give him time to grow, or trade him and get someone else HUARD IS NOT THE ANSWER. He is a great backup but he is NOT a starter.

Chiefster
10-27-2007, 09:25 PM
Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't realize that this was the official "I wish we could just stop winning" thread.

Heh!!:lol::lol:

chief31
10-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Heres the deal. Everyone needs to quit calling Croyle a loser before seeing him, If he gets in and shows he is a loser throw it in my face, Plain and simple Huard SUCKS. I put up stats showing how bad he sucks, and no one read and responded in his defense. If he was good he would have been a starter long before now. He SUCKS and needs to go back to being a backup. We are winning in spite of him. TIME FOR CROYLE. Again once Croyle comes in and proves he is a loser then throw it in my face. If Huard gets us to the Super Bowl throw it in my face. I will gladly eat crow. but but but Croyle threw a couple ints in Preseason. So FN what. Bring him in if he shows horrible judgment with the REAL season with the first team (all of them) then either give him time to grow, or trade him and get someone else HUARD IS NOT THE ANSWER. He is a great backup but he is NOT a starter.

I haven't heard him being called anything. I, myself, have repeatedly pointed out the things that Croyle could do wrong, because they are the things that Huard has not been doing.

No matter what stats you decide to throw, Huard is currently 4-3 with an offense that has alot of other problems. He is 2-0 against our divisional rivals, on the road.

You are the only person, aside from texaschief, who has suggested trading Croyle. Maybe you are rooting for the wrong team. I don't understand it. You have been screaming for Croyle since you got here, and now you are already prepared to ship him out of town. You are a grown-up, and should have learned, by now, a little bit of patience.

You find any good numbers for Huard, and you immediately remind everyone how misleading stats can be. But then you start this huge rant about Huards statistics.

Throw the stats out and look at the actual situation that he is in. He is on an offense that has no running game. With a below-average offensive line. The team has lost their no. 1 wide reciever, and have rookie in his place. (Talented as they come, but still a rookie, who may not be as familiar with the playbook as a vet.) He is beat-up. He gets sacked more than most other QBs in the league. Larry Johnso refuses to put fourth any effort, when asked to help protect him. He is hindered by a poor offensive coordinator, and a head coach who doesn't believe in offense.

And yet, he still has his team in first place, eventhough most of the world expected them to be fighting for third place.

By the way, here's a stat for you. Having been sacked 18 times, so far, Damon Huard has only lost one fumble. That should impress you.

You want to bring in Croyle, and if he sucks, then either go ahead and suck, as a team, or get rid of him. I'm not interested.

I have no doubt that you would still hate Huard if we did manage to win the Super Bowl, the way this team has been playing. Because I know why you want Croyle in. It isn't because Huard is playing poorly at all. It is because you want to give-up. You would rather finish at the bottom and start the eight-year experiment of drafting a bunch of quarterbacks, until we find Peyton Manning.

Guess what. Manning is already on a team. And as long as Herm Edwards is our head coach, then we won't have anything close to that.

I think that you should just calm down and wait. This team can't continue to win with the way the offense has been playing. Either Huard will start playing really well, or the Chiefs will commence to losing, and then you will get to see Croyle in. But the longer that Huard can start, and allow Croyle to absorb the offense from the sideline, the better.

But continuing to insist that Croyle will be a stud is a baseless argument. You know it. You constantly refer to the idea of losing alot because of him, or even trading him away.

No. We are not there yet.:lol: