PDA

View Full Version : Evan Mathis: Is Philly Crazy?

Mongo
03-26-2014, 06:17 PM
Apparently the Eagles are shopping Evan Mathis, age 33, for an R3 pick. Apparently he wants to get paid more than $5M he's due. He's been very good the last few years. He has ties to Reid. Our LG is a bust.

Would you consider the trade, assuming the cap could be managed?

I say no. Not at age 33. Not sure I'd even sign him as a FA.

Your thoughts?

dai_sca
03-26-2014, 06:55 PM
I don't think he is a bust. He has not lived up to his press. Solid starter but way down the list at 47th for guards. OTOH, they Chiefs have Hudson, and his solid and his natural position is guard. I see the Chiefs plugging him in, putting Kush, who proved himself in week 17 and thus, it is my view that the Chiefs should do this, use Allen to Swing and Linkenback as well(Allen's natural position is tackle). The Chiefs should draft a center or sign one who is available for backup. My opinion.

dai_sca
03-26-2014, 06:56 PM
oh. No on Mathis.

texaschief
03-26-2014, 07:33 PM
Perfect sell-high candidate for Philly. There's no way the Chiefs should trade for, then sign a career journeyman who's had a couple good years and going into his age 32 season. Touted as one of if not THE best OG on the NFL, he's going to want big bucks to sign an long-term deal. NO FREAKING WAY!! HORRIBLE IDEA.

Eydugstr
03-26-2014, 08:11 PM
Perfect sell-high candidate for Philly. There's no way the Chiefs should trade for, then sign a career journeyman who's had a couple good years and going into his age 32 season. Touted as one of if not THE best OG on the NFL, he's going to want big bucks to sign an long-term deal. NO FREAKING WAY!! HORRIBLE IDEA.

+1. Sounds like a great fit for Denver, though.