PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Sean Smith?

Justin5772002
07-28-2014, 11:26 AM
“ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- Four days into training camp, there's been no change of status for the Kansas City Chiefs' most accomplished cornerback. Sean Smith is still running with the second team behind starters Marcus Cooper and Ron Parker.

This isn't what the Chiefs envisioned last year when they signed Smith as a free agent from the Miami Dolphins. It can't be what they envisioned last month when they released Brandon Flowers, a cornerback even more accomplished than Smith…”

very very worried, Cooper showed great promise but need more time being coached, but Ron Parker?

Coach
07-28-2014, 01:58 PM
I personally thought Sean Smith was the worst starting player on our football team last year. He got repeatedly burned, and would hang his head game after game.

Lewis_Chiefs
07-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Haven't heard much about Phillip Gaines so far, is he injured ? I assumed he'd be in the conversation to start on the outside especially after Flowers left.

I personally thought Sean Smith was the worst starting player on our football team last year. He got repeatedly burned, and would hang his head game after game.

I didn't think too much of Smith but to call him the worst player on a defense which contained Kendrick Lewis is a bit harsh.

Chiefster
07-28-2014, 06:28 PM
If he's not good enough to be a starter then he practices with the second team; plain and simple.

Eydugstr
07-29-2014, 08:10 AM
Could've had something to do with inconsistent play last season...And the DUI probably didn't help his team status, either.