PDA

View Full Version : Webnews: Chiefs may face franchise-tag dilemma with Alex Smith, J

Coach
08-05-2014, 08:22 AM
By Mike Floriohttp://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/smith.jpg?w=200&h=170&crop=1
Chiefs linebacker Justin Houston wants a new contract. So does quarterback Alex Smith. Progress is slow to nonexistent on both fronts, which could be leading to a tough decision for the franchise after the season. If neither is signed, the franchise tag could be used on only one, allowing the other to hit the market.
Read more… (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/05/chiefs-may-face-franchise-tag-dilemma-with-alex-smith-justin-houston/)

Seek
08-05-2014, 08:40 AM
This season has not even started. Lets worry about the franchise tag when it matters. NEXT YEAR. So many things can change before then making this article a waste of time.

At this point in time the Chiefs are trying to find a way to keep 4 QB's on the roster. Who cares about who may be franchised next year.

ctchiefsfan
08-05-2014, 03:48 PM
It's an interesting dilemma our Chiefs have. We've gone from having little to nothing at quarterback to having a very good quarterback (Alex Smith), a pretty darned good backup (Chase Daniel) and two "young turks" (Murray and Bray) who seem to have the potential to become real gunslingers both of whom are costing us very little in terms of salary cap hit. A pretty impressive change in just 18 months since Reid and Dorsey joined the team.

Whatever happens with Smith and Houston, I feel pretty confident that we're going to have an excellent quarterback and a truly terrifying pass rush.

Eydugstr
08-05-2014, 04:33 PM
This season has not even started. Lets worry about the franchise tag when it matters. NEXT YEAR. So many things can change before then making this article a waste of time.

At this point in time the Chiefs are trying to find a way to keep 4 QB's on the roster. Who cares about who may be franchised next year.

Agreed. Let that drama start next March.

While I doubt that we'll have 4 QB's on the final roster...Reid does like a stocked shelf at QB.

Justin5772002
08-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Reading some of Espn anylists Adam Teicher's columns he believes Bray is the most important to keep out of all of the quarterbacks. I don't think anyone on here including myself thought he was possibly our best QB. I think we re-sign Houston first

jason1981
08-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Adam teicher blows. Wish espn would find someone else. None of his stuff is anything new. He just states the obvious over and over.