PDA

View Full Version : Albert Wilson

Seek
08-05-2014, 09:09 AM
Here is this years Media favorite who is the next diamond in the rought before the season starts. I am saying this sarcastically as there is one every year, but lets hope this one sticks. The local media is loving this guy saying he should be our slot receiver. I guess he was running with the first team yesterday. So I look forward to seeing how he does in the pre-season games. He will also be getting looks as a kick returner who I guess returned one against Alabama that was supposedly very impressive and really upset Mr. Nick Saban.

So for they are projecting the roster to be Bowe, Avery, Hemmingway, Wilson, AJ Jenkins and probably Frankie Hammond. They say Dressler has zero chance as there are too many players like him that are bigger and faster such as DeAnthony Thomas and this Albert Wilson kid.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article414061/Chiefs’-rookie-Albert-Wilson-gives-team-big-play-possibilities.html

Seek
08-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Here is some of his combine. There is clearly a Chiefs coach paying attention to him.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=albert+wilson+highlights&FORM=VIRE7#view=detail&mid=91F9F3D11469BC56FD0791F9F3D11469BC56FD07 (http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=albert+wilson+highlights&FORM=VIRE7#view=detail&mid=91F9F3D11469BC56FD0791F9F3D11469BC56FD07)

ctchiefsfan
08-05-2014, 03:29 PM
There has been much talk about some of our later round picks as well as some of our undrafted free agents. Normally, I would write it all off as just talk as later round picks and undrafted free agents seldom have much impact, but I find all this chatter more interesting than I normally would because of John Dorsey. Dorsey has a reputation for finding gold nuggets in the later rounds and in the ranks of the undrafted. Given that reputation it's hard to write off all the chatter about the multiple "nobodys" that are getting so much attention.

Perhaps Dorsey really is as good at finding "hidden talent" as has been said. If so, it bodes well for our Chiefs since it would mean a steady stream of inexpensive impact players. And with the salary cap that is the key that allows a team to pay their "stars" the big money they want.

Seek
08-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Another kid they are talking about is Chardcadrick West as a running Back. He is currently listed as the 4th HB but he has been running with second time splitting time with Knile Davis. From the scouting reports he sounds like a J. Charles JR..but I watched some tape on him and he appears to be a more North and South Beat you to the corner type of runner but the things I liked when reading about him was that he was a good receiver and a good blocker so He does kind of fit the J. Charles Mold as a back up.

jason1981
08-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Not to be negative but how can you say dorsey has a reputation of finding golden nuggets late draft picks? This was only his 2nd draft. I know he helped in greenbay and all but he wasnt the calling the shots. Im just saying we shouldnt jump the gun and crown him. Its to early to tell. Lets wait another year or two to crown him. Last years draft wasn't that impressive in my opinion and fisher is the only one that has contributed out of the class. Kelce has a chance. Kush heard he has improved but still a backup. Cumming injured. So 3 picks from last year has a chance to contribute. I maybe wrong cuz I cant think of all the picks but dont think im that far off. My point is lets make dorsey earn it and not just anoint him.

ctchiefsfan
08-05-2014, 04:34 PM
I find it real interesting. I'm not ready to call Dorsey a genious yet but the old saying is "Where there is smoke there is fire" and there surely seems to be a lot of smoke being generated by the guys Dorsey picked up from "nowhere land". The proof will come one way or the other once we get into the season, but so far I am cautiously optimistic.

ctchiefsfan
08-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Not to be negative but how can you say dorsey has a reputation of finding golden nuggets late draft picks? This was only his 2nd draft. I know he helped in greenbay and all but he wasnt the calling the shots. Im just saying we shouldnt jump the gun and crown him. Its to early to tell. Lets wait another year or two to crown him. Last years draft wasn't that impressive in my opinion and fisher is the only one that has contributed out of the class. Kelce has a chance. Kush heard he has improved but still a backup. Cumming injured. So 3 picks from last year has a chance to contribute. I maybe wrong cuz I cant think of all the picks but dont think im that far off. My point is lets make dorsey earn it and not just anoint him.

I agree completely. As I said in my post above, the proof will come during the season, but so far I'm cautiously optimistic. As to where I get the idea that Dorsey is supposed to be good at finding impact players in nowhere land, I get that from doing a lot of reading after he was first hired. That seemed to be what everything I read said was his strong suit. As you say, he hasn't proved it yet, but I'm certainly encouraged by the reports on the "nobodys" that Dorsey hired this year.

As to last year.....I'm inclined to agree with you. Nothing much impressive...other than maybe the three you mentioned who are all "maybes" and *maybe* Tyler Bray. But I'm willing to give Dorsey a bit of a pass on last year. It seems to me that last year he and Reid focused mostly trying to get the pieces that would fix the freak show that was a 2-14 season in 2012. And I am pretty comfortable that they did a pretty good job of that.

So no....I'm not anointing Dorsey as "King John the 1st" . I'm just saying that there seems to be a lot of upside potential to several of the guys that Dorsey picked up off the scrap heap this year and that I'm very encouraged by that.

jap1
08-06-2014, 05:55 AM

You are forgetting Knile Davis. Also Catapano I believe has been effective on ST. I think Dorsey was in charge of college scouting in GB, so he had a significant effect on the draft there. All that having been said I'm going to want to see production before I rave about any of our drafts.

There have also been a lot of hamstring injuries to the WRs this offseason, so a guy playing on the first team may not necessarily be beating everyone out, but just happen to be a little healthier.

jason1981
08-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Yeah I did forget about knile davis. Im not saying we had a bad draft but that its just to early to tell say it was good or not. So there for I can't say dorsey has drafted well. And I dont believe all the reports coming out of greenbay cuz im sure he was loved and nonone is gojng to say anything negative about him. Just saying he might have been over hyped but again he might not have. It definitely looks better then what we had the past several years thats for sure.