PDA

View Full Version : differance between a good &great qb

slc chief
09-16-2014, 07:25 PM
I do give the chiefs credit for hanging around in the donkeys game. But its just not good enough. And I can't help but think we way over paid an average qb. Go back to the Colts playoff game he couldnt get it done on the last drive. And then again this week. Now I know I am stating the obvious when I say smith is average. But it is very clear the differance between a great qb and an average one. A great one would have pulled those last minute drives through. at least 1 of the 2 drives. Smith might be deserving of the choke stature sooner than latet

doobs_05
09-16-2014, 07:27 PM
inb4 "hater"

matthewschiefs
09-16-2014, 08:00 PM
UGH UGH UGH Time for a rant on this topic

PEOPLE THERE IS MORE TO THE GAME OF FOOTBALL THEN THE QB.

But even more then that let me list the QBS that have been in kc in the last 8 years
1.Damon Huard
2. Brodie Croyle
3. Tyler Thigpen
4. Matt Cassel
5. Tyler Palko
6. Kyle Orton
7. Brady Quinn
8. Alex Smith

WE HAVE CHANGED QB AFTER QB AFTER QB the problems with the offense have remained the same.

I here talk about the playoff game HE PUT UP 44 :sign0053: points that wins over 99% of the games in the NFL MAYBE we admit the defense should have stopped someone anyone? But lets use this standard Peyton manning is an average qb Right? He has a losing playoff record due to bad defense but my god he didnt win the game on his own so he just sucks? IT MAKES NO SENSE. NONE WHATSOEVER.

Now lets talk about this past week and the last drive. Go watch the final play (oh ya he took us right to the goaline) WHO WAS OPEN? Name me someone who was open. Damn you Alex why didn't you tell people they need to get open? We have had two games both games watching on tv i have heard two former qbs who played at a high level talk throughout the game that NO ONE WAS OPEN. And you think changing the QB they will suddenly start getting open?

MAYBE just MAYBE it's time to put talent around a QB. We have some guys who have potential to be that talent in Davis,Kelce but they are still coming along. This constant notion that oh if we just change the QB everything will be fine was all good the first couple of QBs that we said it with but this is number 8. It's old. VERY old. Time to move on from blaming the QB for everything that goes wrong. THERES MORE TO FOOTBALL THEN THE QB

END OF RANT

slc chief
09-16-2014, 08:13 PM
You just answered our playoff win drought with that exact list of qbs. The team Trent green had was extremely talented but guess what no playoff win. Guess what else Montana did not have that kind of talent and he won us a playoff game. I thought it was well proven around the league if you have an above average qb you have a shot at a playoff win. Its not hear say its fact hell look at the chargers. Look what happened to the Colts the year manning was out

slc chief
09-16-2014, 08:22 PM
We have had great rb's great o lineman great lb's very good cbs come and go through k.c. the differance between us and superbowl winning franchises they have had above average qb's and they also have the hardware to prove it

slc chief
09-16-2014, 08:28 PM
Nobody is open because defenses know all they have to do is cover 15 yards down the field. Come on smiths deep game is a joke. I am sick of seeing him overthrow the deep slant. I had hopes for smith. being a utes fan that lives in utah. But just because the guy can scramble a little bit and hit a 5 yard slant every once in a while. Doesnt mean I have to try and protect hi. From his well deserved criticism

matthewschiefs
09-16-2014, 08:34 PM
You just answered our playoff win drought with that exact list of qbs. The team Trent green had was extremely talented but guess what no playoff win. Guess what else Montana did not have that kind of talent and he won us a playoff game. I thought it was well proven around the league if you have an above average qb you have a shot at a playoff win. Its not hear say its fact hell look at the chargers. Look what happened to the Colts the year manning was out

THIS MAKES MY POINT RIGHT HERE.

We had the NUMBER 1 OFFENSE in the NFL and didn't win a playoff game. And getting a better QB would have helped how? If Peyton Manning and Trent Green switched places in the 03 playoff game then Priest wouldn't have fumbled? If having an above average Qb was as big as people make it out to be then Dan Marino should be a multi time superbowl Champ. He's not he doesn't have any. One of the greatest QBS of all time I guess couldn't get the job done right?

QBs like Alex are good enough to win big games. If it was the QB holding us back then why where the games this team lost a year ago some of there highest scoring games? It makes 0 sense. I really don't understand this concept that people over and over again have had that if we had this QB or that QB everything would be fine. It's just not true.

slc chief
09-16-2014, 08:42 PM
The guy had how many pro bowlers on his team last year and your saying he didnt have enough. An all pro rb and safety to boot.there is a reason harvin passed on keeping him. and Reid has been placing qbs on the roster every year. Smith will not get us the Lombardi trophy. Even if he has 10 pro bowlers. Some qbs are clutch and make something from nothing and others are average. If no body is open why throw the ball into double coverage like he did on that last play. Scramble a bit make something happen. Might of worked might not of. But its better than hoping for a flag in double coverage and a bad throw like he did

slc chief
09-16-2014, 08:45 PM
If we had manning on those teams its safe to say we would have been superbowl champs.but bah we dont want a h.o.f qb thats no way of winning

matthewschiefs
09-16-2014, 08:55 PM
If we had manning on those teams its safe to say we would have been superbowl champs.but bah we dont want a h.o.f qb thats no way of winning

WE HAD A BETTER OFFENSE THEN PEYTONS WE WERE THE NUMBER 1 OFFENSE IN THE NFL YOU CAN'T GET ANY BETTER THEN NUMBER 1 IT'S NOT POSSIBLE

We also had a worse defense then Peyton in those years WE HAD THE LAST RANKED DEFENSE IN THE NFL

So we had a better offense then Peyon a worse Defense then Peyton and Peyton still didnt win a superbowl in that time and he would have won one in KC? Based on what logic. He couldn't win with a better D but he would have with the garbage that we were fielding on defense? IT MAKES NO SENSE

And the thing that trumps this QB argument everytime TRENT DILFER HAS AS MANY SUPERBOWLS AS PEYTON more then Marino I guess that makes him up there with the elites.

If you want to think that changing QBS yet again will suddenly make the problems we have had since 2007 go away fine But at some point the people who bash on Alex have to start to look at the guys around him. At some point you have to say you know when a QB puts up 44 points in an NFL playoff game maybe we need help on the defense if we lost. At some point when after changing Qbs 8 times the same problems are there you have to say you know maybe just maybe we need help outside the QB. I have been screaming this for YEARS and YEARS we have changed QB after QB in that time same problems that tells me that Qb might not be what needs to be fixed.

slc chief
09-16-2014, 09:05 PM
Ha dilfer is on the list for worst qbs to ever win a superbowl. He had a VERY elite defense. One of 2 elite defenses to hoist the Lombardi in 10 years. Now look at the superbowl s won buy above average qbs in the past 10 years. Manning brady roethlesberger rogers Eli. If you get the qb position right you stand a far better chance at winning games its not rocket science

jap1
09-16-2014, 09:14 PM

Oh, that's why we have been losing. We JUST needed to get a HOF QB. Well, in that case lets just run down to the corner store and pick one up. /s

In case you didn't realize, the reason HOF QBs make the HOF is because they are extremely RARE. You cannot count on getting one ever. Last I checked, there are MAYBE 5 future HOF QBs in the league (Brees, Manning, Rodgers, Brady) right now. It's not like they are coming out of every draft.

matthewschiefs
09-16-2014, 09:22 PM
QB A. Comp % 56.1 Yards 3,336 Td 23 INT 20

QB B. Comp % 60.6 Yards 3,313 TD 23 INT 7

QB A Eli Manning 1st superbowl year (listed as one of the above average QBs)

b that "average" Alex Smith last year

Alex threw for 23 less yards and the same amount of tds in 1 less game

And I didn't include the running stats which was very PRO Alex.

matthewschiefs
09-16-2014, 09:38 PM
One more just because this issue really bugs me

Peyton Mannings best playoff game the year he won the superbowl
27/47 349yards 1td 1int

Alex smith (didnt get the job done) playoff game last year
30/46 378 yards 4td 0 int 1 lost fumble

But we really need to upgrade the QB if we have any hope :sign0023:

brdempsey69
09-16-2014, 10:20 PM
Great QB ---Joe Montana -- 4 SB wins, 0 SB losses.

Good QB ---John Elway -- 0 SB wins, 3 SB losses, 2 SB's given to hims as a going-away present by the league because he wan't good enough to win a SB outright on a level playing field.

jason1981
09-16-2014, 11:03 PM
UGH UGH UGH Time for a rant on this topic

PEOPLE THERE IS MORE TO THE GAME OF FOOTBALL THEN THE QB.

But even more then that let me list the QBS that have been in kc in the last 8 years
1.Damon Huard
2. Brodie Croyle
3. Tyler Thigpen
4. Matt Cassel
5. Tyler Palko
6. Kyle Orton
7. Brady Quinn
8. Alex Smith

WE HAVE CHANGED QB AFTER QB AFTER QB the problems with the offense have remained the same.

I here talk about the playoff game HE PUT UP 44 :sign0053: points that wins over 99% of the games in the NFL MAYBE we admit the defense should have stopped someone anyone? But lets use this standard Peyton manning is an average qb Right? He has a losing playoff record due to bad defense but my god he didnt win the game on his own so he just sucks? IT MAKES NO SENSE. NONE WHATSOEVER.

Now lets talk about this past week and the last drive. Go watch the final play (oh ya he took us right to the goaline) WHO WAS OPEN? Name me someone who was open. Damn you Alex why didn't you tell people they need to get open? We have had two games both games watching on tv i have heard two former qbs who played at a high level talk throughout the game that NO ONE WAS OPEN. And you think changing the QB they will suddenly start getting open?

MAYBE just MAYBE it's time to put talent around a QB. We have some guys who have potential to be that talent in Davis,Kelce but they are still coming along. This constant notion that oh if we just change the QB everything will be fine was all good the first couple of QBs that we said it with but this is number 8. It's old. VERY old. Time to move on from blaming the QB for everything that goes wrong. THERES MORE TO FOOTBALL THEN THE QB

END OF RANT

Thank you. Enough said. The end.

jason1981
09-16-2014, 11:13 PM
One more just because this issue really bugs me

Peyton Mannings best playoff game the year he won the superbowl
27/47 349yards 1td 1int

Alex smith (didnt get the job done) playoff game last year
30/46 378 yards 4td 0 int 1 lost fumble

But we really need to upgrade the QB if we have any hope :sign0023:

Im with you all the way on this. Bugs the heck out of me to. Alex is a winning qb and is very underrated. Give him the same wrs that manning has had in his career and see hkw their stats compare. I think the stats says more about smith than manning.

Eydugstr
09-17-2014, 08:04 AM
The guy had how many pro bowlers on his team last year and your saying he didnt have enough. An all pro rb and safety to boot.there is a reason harvin passed on keeping him. and Reid has been placing qbs on the roster every year. Smith will not get us the Lombardi trophy. Even if he has 10 pro bowlers. Some qbs are clutch and make something from nothing and others are average. If no body is open why throw the ball into double coverage like he did on that last play. Scramble a bit make something happen. Might of worked might not of. But its better than hoping for a flag in double coverage and a bad throw like he did

Okay, so you're convinced Alex Smith is not the guy, despite all the things that m/c just pointed out...Who did/do you want to have for KC's QB, that was available when we got Smith?

Seek
09-17-2014, 09:12 AM
First what is your point. I don't think anyone is saying Alex is a Great Qb. He is the 11 highest paid QB that basically meaning that he is a good QB. Better than average but not in the top 10. That means both the Chiefs and the even Alex agreed on that.

Second, please tell me where the Chiefs would have acquired this QB you are so upset about not having. Those types of guys aren't just available for any team to pick. Our one chance to get that type of guy and he is not available so we took Fisher instead.

So despite you hate towards Alex. I agree it is dissapointing that he could not push the ball in on the last drive when it mattered but fact of the matter, it is because of Alex that the Chiefs had those opportunities. Personally, I was not at all impressed witht he play calling in the red zone. Heck the first down with 1st and goal from like the 7 we ran the same stupid play four times and it failed all four times. On the last play, every single receiver was a yard in the end zone with three of them in the middle. Alex had a better chance of running the ball than completing any pass to the cover receivers.

Alex is not the problem.

doobs_05
09-17-2014, 01:34 PM
The playoff game, offense quit putting points on the board, the defense kept letting points on the board. Did the offense even put any points on the board when the defense FINALLY did something in the second half with the INT? The Defense failed its job, yes I get that, but to act like the offense should of just put their hands on their butts and let things happen is ridiculous. Sack Fumble was when the game started going Indy's way. (I don't know why I can't hit return on this site to start a new paragraph), either Andy needs to open the playbook (which it seems he does when JC is out), or Alex needs to grow a pair, audible dumb play calls and learn to spread the field, also a true # 1 WR wouldn't hurt

doobs_05
09-17-2014, 01:37 PM
Joe Montana didn't win by himself, he had a great defense and THE GREATEST WR EVER!!!! It's a team game, one player can hinder you, but for the chiefs, a lot of things need to be fixed before they go winning playoff games

brdempsey69
09-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Joe Montana didn't win by himself, he had a great defense and THE GREATEST WR EVER!!!! It's a team game, one player can hinder you, but for the chiefs, a lot of things need to be fixed before they go winning playoff games

Nobody said Montana won by himself. And he helped the 49ers win 2 SB's before Jerry Rice was drafted.

doobs_05
09-17-2014, 03:23 PM
Nobody said Montana won by himself. And he helped the 49ers win 2 SB's before Jerry Rice was drafted.

Yeah, but people want to say Alex Is the main reason the team sucks, or why one team is greater than others.

matthewschiefs
09-17-2014, 03:24 PM
First off let me say I don't think it's being a hater of Alex. I think people just buy into this myth that has been out there that a star QB is the reason why teams when super bowls and it's just not true

Take Manning for instance in his superbowl run during the playoffs and superbowl combined Manning threw 3tds and had 7 ints but people think they won the superbowl because of Manning it's just not true his defense played much better that year and that's why they were finally able to win it all.

Manning for years had a ton of weapons on offense and couldn't win the superbowl
Reggie wayne
Marvion Harrison
Edgrin James
Dallas Clark

so the Colts needed to upgrade the QB? Again that makes 0 sense. When the team around Manning played better they won the superbowl that's what needs to happen in KC we need to finally build a team around a QB instead of just saying oh well lets try anther qb.

Alex is not an average QB he is a very good qb. He is not in the top class but he's a lot closer to the top then the bottom class. You build the talent around him we have some young talent but they are now growing up. Changing the QB would solve nothing folks sorry

doobs_05
09-17-2014, 03:30 PM
First off let me say I don't think it's being a hater of Alex. I think people just buy into this myth that has been out there that a star QB is the reason why teams when super bowls and it's just not true

Take Manning for instance in his superbowl run during the playoffs and superbowl combined Manning threw 3tds and had 7 ints but people think they won the superbowl because of Manning it's just not true his defense played much better that year and that's why they were finally able to win it all.

Manning for years had a ton of weapons on offense and couldn't win the superbowl
Reggie wayne
Marvion Harrison
Edgrin James
Dallas Clark

so the Colts needed to upgrade the QB? Again that makes 0 sense. When the team around Manning played better they won the superbowl that's what needs to happen in KC we need to finally build a team around a QB instead of just saying oh well lets try anther qb.

Alex is not an average QB he is a very good qb. He is not in the top class but he's a lot closer to the top then the bottom class. You build the talent around him we have some young talent but they are now growing up. Changing the QB would solve nothing folks sorry

I always give sh*t to my friends about peyton's lone SB win, but dude did lead the comeback against NE in NE I think. Bob Sanders was the MVP of that playoff year though.

matthewschiefs
09-17-2014, 03:33 PM
I always give sh*t to my friends about peyton's lone SB win, but dude did lead the comeback against NE in NE I think. Bob Sanders was the MVP of that playoff year though.

Yes he did but had it not been for the team he wouldnt have gotten past us in the first round he threw 1td 3 picks people forget that.

brdempsey69
09-17-2014, 03:38 PM
Yeah, but people want to say Alex Is the main reason the team sucks, or why one team is greater than others.

I'm aware of that, but you didn't see me saying that I agreed with that. Alex is a good QB. Without him, the Chiefs do not make a game of it in Denver last Sunday. Granted, some of his throws were off target, but he was on the move quite a lot on many passing plays.

Eydugstr
09-17-2014, 04:15 PM
I'm aware of that, but you didn't see me saying that I agreed with that. Alex is a good QB. Without him, the Chiefs do not make a game of it in Denver last Sunday. Granted, some of his throws were off target, but he was on the move quite a lot on many passing plays.

Another reason why I'm glad we have Alex; The guy can run effectively in the NFL. There were times he was pulling away from defenders last Sunday. Given the state of our patched together O-line maybe that's not a bad thing.

If our WR's would cut their drops in half, most of the Alex haters would disappear. There's been way too many times that I've seen the ball hit the numbers or hands of recievers only to have it dropped. I'm constantly amazed that Avery seems to get a hall pass on this every time. Alex Smith is NOT the problem.

Justin5772002
09-18-2014, 11:37 AM
The #1 thing people are missing about Manning is he had consistancy! He had a HOF coach and the same players around him for many years! Our team is young and constantly a revolving door. If we are ever going to see a Super Bowl our team needs to remain a team for a few years at least to learn how to work together!

Seek
09-18-2014, 12:52 PM
The #1 thing people are missing about Manning is he had consistancy! He had a HOF coach and the same players around him for many years! Our team is young and constantly a revolving door. If we are ever going to see a Super Bowl our team needs to remain a team for a few years at least to learn how to work together!

So in other terms. Build a superbowl team just like Seattle did to beat the Elite QB who looked very average in the superbowl against a good team.

matthewschiefs
09-18-2014, 01:46 PM

THIS as well

Manning had great coaching more weapons then Alex Smith does yet he STILL had trouble winning the superbowl and the year he did win it was one of his WORST years in the playoffs. This is why this constant BLAH BLAH BLAH IF WE HAD A BETTER QB talk drives me insane. It's one thing to say these things on QB number 1 and the offense is having troubles it's anther to say these things on QB number 8 and the problems are the same. Like I said in my first post in this thread THERE IS MORE TO FOOTBALL THEN THE QB.

My main point has and will continue to be it's not that this team has failed to find a QB it is they have failed to build a offense as a whole. Or even a team as a whole. Just swapping anther QB won't change that until they build a TEAM. They are letting young guys play to see what they have instead of blasting the QB lets let the young guys grow see if they have what it takes and then maybe just maybe we will finally see a QB that is successful. We haven't put a QB in a good position at all.

ctchiefsfan
09-19-2014, 03:51 AM
We're 0-2 and the fans are getting upset. Understandable.

But blaming it all on Alex Smith is not understandable. He's a good quarterback. Probably a very good quarterback. Give him some better receivers and a defense that plays CONSISTENTLY and Alex Smith would probably look like a GREAT QB.

No....I just don't see how anybody can blame this 0-2 start on Alex Smith.

Justin5772002
09-19-2014, 08:04 AM
We will beat MIA. Then us fans will calm down a little bit. Game 1 was mostly Alex's fault you can't justify 3 ints. He had a very bad game. Game 2 Alex turned it around and had a good game. I blame poor play calling on Reid for that 1! Although a win would have been great I enjoyed that bronco game our bots played hard

jason1981
09-19-2014, 11:45 AM
We will beat MIA. Then us fans will calm down a little bit. Game 1 was mostly Alex's fault you can't justify 3 ints. He had a very bad game. Game 2 Alex turned it around and had a good game. I blame poor play calling on Reid for that 1! Although a win would have been great I enjoyed that bronco game our bots played hard

Both games was bad play calling. Yeah smith threw the picks but why was that play even called? Down at your own end zone right before the half. And charles only touched the ball like 11 times jn the 1st game. Heck the cowboys ran like 200 yards on Tennessee last week and you saying we camt do that with charles? Both games is on reid and his play calling. Hes a great head coach but a bad play caller.

jason1981
09-19-2014, 11:47 AM
Also i dont know if any qb can throw deep to avery. Hes not a jump ball guy and he could have fought or just fought to knock the ball down if he couldnt catch it. Sometimes its the trust in a wr to go get the ball or knock it down.

TopekaRoy
09-21-2014, 09:50 AM
<sarcasm>

All of our problems are QB related. We need an elite QB and there are many out there just doing nothing.
There's, um ... Bret Favre ... I don't think Kurt Warner is doing anything important right now ...
And the worst part is we could have had Kyle Orton again, but now it's too late. The Bills snatched him up. ... Highest paid backup QB in the NFL ...
Ya snooze, ya lose.

</sarcasm>

matthewschiefs
09-21-2014, 07:36 PM
Alex Smith now has the same record this season as Aaron Rodgers,Drew Brees, Andrew Luck I guess all those guys need to be replaced to

jason1981
09-21-2014, 07:43 PM
Alex Smith now has the same record this season as Aaron Rodgers,Drew Brees, Andrew Luck I guess all those guys need to be replaced to

Exactly and once again you beat me to it. I think smiths stats are better than some of them as well.

slc chief
09-21-2014, 09:03 PM
Ha this is hilarious I remember alot of people trying to protect matt cassell the same way. Bringing up stats as if they are a pitchers era stats. I bet smith is not the starter in 3 years but some fans have drank to much koolaid and have to bring up every GOOD stat they can find. The fact you have to defend him so much should tell you something. Is he a serviceable qb that can win SOME games sure. Is he going to get us to the superbowl I doubt it.

matthewschiefs
09-21-2014, 09:20 PM
Ha this is hilarious I remember alot of people trying to protect matt cassell the same way. Bringing up stats as if they are a pitchers era stats. I bet smith is not the starter in 3 years but some fans have drank to much koolaid and have to bring up every GOOD stat they can find. The fact you have to defend him so much should tell you something. Is he a serviceable qb that can win SOME games sure. Is he going to get us to the superbowl I doubt it.

We have to defend him so much because the haters can never be pleased he throws 3td passes and all you can do is whine about the 2 plays that he didn't make. Like I said in the game thread Tom Brady threw only 1td against the same team and lost 2 fumbles and he lost so holding Brady to the perfection standards you have for smith he has to go right? Or is it only Alex that has these perfection standards before he can be credited. Every QB in the NFL makes mistakes even the greats whineing about them when the team wins and saying that all the tds that he threw were only because of the wr or te is just hating. If Alex is just ok why do you haters constanly hold him to higher standards then the QBs you mentioned as being the difference?

jason1981
09-21-2014, 10:38 PM

You are so full of it. We dont have to defend him ciz his play speaks for itsf and has outplahed alpt of other top qbs. You so full of hate that you camt see your own bs. Let me guess you wanted geno smith? Smith already has proved himself. Hes the only reason we had a chance this year. Charles hasnt done much. Its all on smith to make plays which he has with his arms and legs. I was never high on cassel. Smiths ratings in the last 3 years is Higher then some other top qbs. Hes smart and a winner. Hes a gamer and makes plays happen. You are just a hater. Plain and simple. No even worth arguing cuz your argumemt has no merit. Your just hating.

Seek
09-22-2014, 08:40 AM

Do you watch the games? Alex Smith is making Chicken Salad out of Chicken poop for an offensive line. Other than week one of this year he has done nothing since being a Chief to lose us a game but has done so much more to win them. I would like to see Peyton Manning play with this offense. He would struggle. Our receivers don't get open fast enough for Peyton to make the fast decisions he does and has no mobility and would be hit nearly every play.

If Smith is not a starter in three years it is because this offensive line got him hurt.

Eydugstr
09-22-2014, 04:51 PM

The fact that you're bringing up Matt Cassel after a Chiefs win is interesting, too. Actually it was the people trying to smear Matt Cassel that were inventing statistics out the wazoo. The answer was always the same, no matter how inverted the numbers got - Pioli signed a 60 mill dollar QB but didn't bother fixing the O-line until it was too late. Even after Cassel got an NFL career pounded out of him, he was STILL signed by another NFL team, and is playing. Which is saying something.

Bike
09-22-2014, 08:00 PM
Isn't there a team in Salt Lake you can cheer for? Maybe the Utes or The faders aint too far away...

slc chief
09-22-2014, 09:16 PM
Isn't there a team in Salt Lake you can cheer for? Maybe the Utes or The faders aint too far away... *ha people like you on this site. are what is making it an irrelevant site any more . What nobody can have a differant opinion than you on here. I dont think smith is a great qb so what dont get your panties in a bundle

matthewschiefs
09-22-2014, 09:22 PM
You are so full of it. We dont have to defend him ciz his play speaks for itsf and has outplahed alpt of other top qbs. You so full of hate that you camt see your own bs. Let me guess you wanted geno smith? Smith already has proved himself. Hes the only reason we had a chance this year. Charles hasnt done much. Its all on smith to make plays which he has with his arms and legs. I was never high on cassel. Smiths ratings in the last 3 years is Higher then some other top qbs. Hes smart and a winner. Hes a gamer and makes plays happen. You are just a hater. Plain and simple. No even worth arguing cuz your argumemt has no merit. Your just hating.

I didn't recall SLC being a Geno Supporter so I did some looking and was surprised to find that SLC was in fact supporting Alex when Myman was ranting about him.. He at least gave Alex a chance here's a sample

slc chief (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/member.php/1361-slc-chief)
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/statusicon/user-online.png
Sep 2008

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by MyManHali http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=281137#post281137)
You call averaging 196 yards per game and a 17 td year "tearing it up?"

no i call a qbr rating of 104 with 13 td's and 5 ints in 10 games tearing it up. let alone the checkdowns and smarts he has to put his football team in a position to win. get over it alex smith is a chief. if your a real chief fan you would at least give the guy a chance and watch the 2013 season playout before you get on the internet every day to complain about it. your persistant i will give you that. but every body said flacco could not win a championship look what happend.the bottomline is. a team will get you superbowls. to many fans try to compare the real game to fantasy football. put together a good team and good coaches get some continuity and bam back on top. chiefs are on there way

matthewschiefs
09-22-2014, 09:35 PM
*ha people like you on this site. are what is making it an irrelevant site any more . What nobody can have a differant opinion than you on here. I dont think smith is a great qb so what dont get your panties in a bundle

I myself would agree that he's not a top level QB. The only Issue that I have with your take on Smith is he gets no credit at all. When he threw Td passes yesterday you said it was all the receiver and didn't give him an ounce of credit. That's just not a fair take IMO. I have been very critical of this defense. But when they played yesterday I could at least tip my cap to them and say they did well. People who have been Anti Smith just can never seem to give him credit where it's due but when it comes time to place blame he seems to be the only one that gets pointed to.

slc chief
09-22-2014, 09:45 PM
I put it on a thread yesterday nice drive from alex smith. Yes my tone has changed on smith from a year ago can we win games with him yes. But I am seeing alot of panic in the pocket from him that reminds me of cassell. Most of it is his crappy offensive line. But once a qb is ruined from being to panicked in the pocket to often it is hard for that qb to come back from it. A part of it is also hoping that Andy reid the so called horse whisperer for qbs. has something better up his sleeve and we can have an elite qb in k.c and be a consistent playoff division winning team. As far asbeing in slc I can't tell you how many donkey fans I have to fend of on a weekly basis.

matthewschiefs
09-22-2014, 10:08 PM
I put it on a thread yesterday nice drive from alex smith. Yes my tone has changed on smith from a year ago can we win games with him yes. But I am seeing alot of panic in the pocket from him that reminds me of cassell. Most of it is his crappy offensive line. But once a qb is ruined from being to panicked in the pocket to often it is hard for that qb to come back from it. A part of it is also hoping that Andy reid the so called horse whisperer for qbs. has something better up his sleeve and we can have an elite qb in k.c and be a consistent playoff division winning team. As far asbeing in slc I can't tell you how many donkey fans I have to fend of on a weekly basis.

I can agree with a lot of what you just said right there. Again my contention is not that Alex is a great QB. He's a very good one IMO but not great.

But here's my thing. Before moving on the QB number 9 maybe we should get the O line right first with number 8 and see if he can lead an offense with a O line that you or I couldn't get around. Lets say we move on to QB9 he will have to play behind that same line and what will be the good that comes out of that? We also have over the time very limited weapons. Bowe and Charles are it. We have some young guys but they need to grow and learn what they are doing now. Maybe if we let them grow QB8 can find a way to make it work. Let me put it like this week 1 was HORRIBLE HORRIBLE showing and Alex was part of that but at the same time one of his starting WR was Frankie Hammond Jr. I will say that again one of his starting WRs was Frankie Hammond JR. Can you name me anther team he would be starting to that is anywhere close to being a playoff contender? Changing the QB won't get us far. We have been there done that 8 times. To me we need to get things right and see what we got with QB8 before moving on to QB9

Bike
09-22-2014, 10:27 PM
*ha people like you on this site. are what is making it an irrelevant site any more . What nobody can have a differant opinion than you on here. I dont think smith is a great qb so what dont get your panties in a bundle
Relax. No reason to keep trashing Smith. Not only can he get us to the Superbowl, I feel he WILL get us to the Superbowl. Maybe not this year, but in the next couple years. After all, if the likes of Rex Grossman, Hasselback, McNabb, Brad Johnson, Flacco, and Wilson can get their teams in, why not Smith? He was a special teams turnover away from getting San Fran to the Superbowl after leading them to a 13-3 season. Sorry for the sarcastic remark earlier...

slc chief
09-22-2014, 10:45 PM
Relax. No reason to keep trashing Smith. Not only can he get us to the Superbowl, I feel he WILL get us to the Superbowl. Maybe not this year, but in the next couple years. After all, if the likes of Rex Grossman, Hasselback, McNabb, Brad Johnson, Flacco, and Wilson can get their teams in, why not Smith? He was a special teams turnover away from getting San Fran to the Superbowl after leading them to a 13-3 season. Sorry for the sarcastic remark earlier...
Its all good believe me I hope I have to eat crow on alex smith and he does get us in the superbowl soon. I will happily be the first to admit I was wrong.

jason1981
09-22-2014, 11:40 PM
Its all good believe me I hope I have to eat crow on alex smith and he does get us in the superbowl soon. I will happily be the first to admit I was wrong.

Yea i hope you have to as well. He was good enough to get the 39ers to the superbowl if it wasnt for 2 muffed punts. They got robbed.

Eydugstr
09-23-2014, 08:46 AM
I can agree with a lot of what you just said right there. Again my contention is not that Alex is a great QB. He's a very good one IMO but not great.

But here's my thing. Before moving on the QB number 9 maybe we should get the O line right first with number 8 and see if he can lead an offense with a O line that you or I couldn't get around. Lets say we move on to QB9 he will have to play behind that same line and what will be the good that comes out of that? We also have over the time very limited weapons. Bowe and Charles are it. We have some young guys but they need to grow and learn what they are doing now. Maybe if we let them grow QB8 can find a way to make it work. Let me put it like this week 1 was HORRIBLE HORRIBLE showing and Alex was part of that but at the same time one of his starting WR was Frankie Hammond Jr. I will say that again one of his starting WRs was Frankie Hammond JR. Can you name me anther team he would be starting to that is anywhere close to being a playoff contender? Changing the QB won't get us far. We have been there done that 8 times. To me we need to get things right and see what we got with QB8 before moving on to QB9

Actually I'd argue that Donnie Avery would be the better candidate for your argument. Just sayin'.

Definitely agree with getting the O-line right first, then going after the high draft pick QB, if that's the case.

jason1981
09-23-2014, 09:44 AM
Yes oline then wr then a qb. We can go all the way with alex smith. He was two muffed punts away from a superbowl which was not his fault. He might not be a top 5 qb but id say he's a in top 10. Id say hes as good as trent green. Give smith the team that green had and you wouldnt miss a beat plus smith is more mobile that green. Green had the #1 oline and had great rb amd hall lf famer TE Gonzalez amd skme good wrs. Just think about it when green was our qb we had tons of talent on offense and it showed. Our qb wasnt even the most talented one kn the field. Give smith the same talent as green did and we will get to the superbowl.

ctchiefsfan
09-28-2014, 02:01 AM
Alex Smith is pretty much what has been said thousands of times. He ain't going to do it all by himself. He's not Montana or in the top 10 of all time QBs in the NFL. But if you give him a good offense he will just keep winning.....And when the stuff hits the fan he'll go out there and get that critical First Down or TD with his legs. That is Alex Smith.

We got PUMMELLED in free agency this year. And now 3 season-ending achilles problems, Bowe acting useless and an O-line that is at the very best "suspect". And people want to blame it on Alex Smith? SURE.....He has screwed up a couple of times in 3 games. But y'know, some of that was the O-line. And some of it was bad play calling. Andy Reid got the "bit in his teeth" and went all pass-happy. He does that sometimes. History shows that. But he's still the best head coach we have had in a LONG TIME.

So chill out fellow Chiefs fans! Suck it up. Enjoy the wins, curse the losses. We all knew this was going to be a tough season and the injuries aren't helping a bit.

But seriously guys.....It sure as hell ain't all Alex Smith's fault.

TopekaRoy
09-30-2014, 11:12 AM
Difference between a good & Great QB last night:
Alex Smith completed 20 of 26 passes for 248 yds (9.5 yds per pass) 3 TDs 0 INTs passer rating of 144.4
Tom Brady completed 14 of 23 passes for 159 yds (6.9 yds per pass) 1 TD 2 INTs passer rating of 59.9

Wait. Which one is the great quarterback again?

doobs_05
09-30-2014, 12:23 PM
Difference between a good & Great QB last night:
Alex Smith completed 20 of 26 passes for 248 yds (9.5 yds per pass) 3 TDs 0 INTs passer rating of 144.4
Tom Brady completed 14 of 23 passes for 159 yds (6.9 yds per pass) 1 TD 2 INTs passer rating of 59.9

Wait. Which one is the great quarterback again?
That day, smith. Overall career, brady. Swap the players roles last night. That game is a bigger defeat for the Pats

matthewschiefs
09-30-2014, 01:22 PM
That day, smith. Overall career, brady. Swap the players roles last night. That game is a bigger defeat for the Pats

Ummmm did you see how Brady played? he was part of there problem

And outside of 1 overthrow (first drive) I can't think of anything more Alex could have done

doobs_05
09-30-2014, 02:31 PM

Ummmm did you see how Brady played? he was part of there problem

And outside of 1 overthrow (first drive) I can't think of anything more Alex could have done
Brady couldn't do anything with that line, lack of run, and the WR he had. Smith had recievers getting separation and Bowe (finally) getting open, Jamaal and Davis running hard, and an online that was protecting, and Smith had no crowd noise to deal with.

doobs_05
09-30-2014, 02:36 PM
nothing is ever going to change with QB conversations. Alex does good, he finally has people around him doing things, alex does bad its his fault not other, but talking about other players QBs, they do bad its "their surrounding team sucks", does good "elite". Then you have the other side Alex did good because he's good, alex did bad because he has nothing around him doing good. Other team qb does good "look at the players he has", does bad "just a terrible performance.

matthewschiefs
09-30-2014, 02:39 PM
Brady couldn't do anything with that line, lack of run, and the WR he had. Smith had recievers getting separation and Bowe (finally) getting open, Jamaal and Davis running hard, and an online that was protecting, and Smith had no crowd noise to deal with.

My question wasn't so much what Brady could have done more of what more could Alex have done to make the defeat even bigger?

The only thing I even remember bad about Alex was the HORRIBLE overthrow to Kelce on the first drive. If you look at the game on one of Brady's pick he made the same exact mistake a bad overthrow. I just don't see how the defeat would have been worse. Alex's biggest mistake was also made by Brady.

doobs_05
09-30-2014, 02:51 PM
My question wasn't so much what Brady could have done more of what more could Alex have done to make the defeat even bigger?

The only thing I even remember bad about Alex was the HORRIBLE overthrow to Kelce on the first drive. If you look at the game on one of Brady's pick he made the same exact mistake a bad overthrow. I just don't see how the defeat would have been worse. Alex's biggest mistake was also made by Brady.

the first pick on brady was a receiver quit running and then the other one was just a bad pass (the 2nd int). NE don't have runners that match up with Davis and Charles. Gronk is better than kelce (though that could be debated by the end of the year), and how many WR from NE would you say are better than KC WR group (its close). NE also has a bad O-line.

matthewschiefs
09-30-2014, 02:57 PM
the first pick on brady was a receiver quit running and then the other one was just a bad pass (the 2nd int). NE don't have runners that match up with Davis and Charles. Gronk is better than kelce (though that could be debated by the end of the year), and how many WR from NE would you say are better than KC WR group (its close). NE also has a bad O-line.

I agree with just about everything

Again I'm not saying what Brady didn't do was the difference I was just questioning how the defeat could have been worse If the Qbs were reversed.

Alex made really 1 mistake Brady also made that mistake (2nd pick) Maybe Brady would have handled the clock better at the end of the 1st half and they would have gotten 7 instead of 3 I just don't see how Brady would have made the defeat worse if he and Alex switched places given how well Alex played