PDA

View Full Version : Aaaahhhh! The life of an NFL division leader!!!

hermhater
10-23-2007, 11:58 PM
Chiefs have a bye after winning the last four out of five

Story by Christine Killimayer (http://www.49abcnews.com/staff/christine_killimayer/) (Contact (http://www.49abcnews.com/staff/christine_killimayer/contact/))
8:46 p.m. Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Hey, you've been doing so well at work the past couple weeks, why don't you take a week off?
Ah, if only the real world worked like that.
And it does for the Chiefs after winning four of their last five games, including two road wins in the division.
Kansas City players will take a five-day mini-vacation.
And surprise, surprise, the Chiefs now enter their bye week at the top of the AFC West.
"To be 4-and-3, tTo be on the top of the food chain right now and everyone has an opportunity to look up at us and chase us. It feels real good," running back Priest Holmes said.
"We're going to have us a couple extra days off," defensive end Jared Allen said. "Otherwise we'd be working. So we all should be able to rest up. And whenever you can go in on a win it's always good, especially now that we're in first place in the division. And you can't ask for more."
The Chiefs will squeeze in a light workout Tuesday before taking some time off.

http://www.49abcnews.com/news/2007/oct/23/chiefs_have_bye_after_winning_last_four_out_five/

:yahoo:

Chiefster
10-24-2007, 12:03 AM
The only problem I have with this is that an athlete will lose about 30% of their fitness with a week of inactivity.

hermhater
10-24-2007, 12:37 AM
The only problem I have with this is that an athlete will lose about 30% of their fitness with a week of inactivity.

Has this been researched?

Do you have references?

I think that the bye week couldn't have come at a better time for the Chiefs.

With the schedule that the NFL has given the Chiefs this year (beginning, and end of season too many away games, but we have done well at the start, should do great with this home stretch we have coming up) the middle of the season is the perfect time to have a bye week.

Let the players heal up, and maybe Broyle will not take the week off and learn more about pass coverage, and start against Green Bay.

I smell controversy on the forum... sniff... :lol:

Chiefster
10-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Has this been researched?

Do you have references?

I think that the bye week couldn't have come at a better time for the Chiefs.

With the schedule that the NFL has given the Chiefs this year (beginning, and end of season too many away games, but we have done well at the start, should do great with this home stretch we have coming up) the middle of the season is the perfect time to have a bye week.

Let the players heal up, and maybe Broyle will not take the week off and learn more about pass coverage, and start against Green Bay.

I smell controversy on the forum... sniff... :lol:

I was told this a really long time ago from my cross country coach; and agree that the bye week has come at a very good time.

McLovin
10-24-2007, 05:59 PM
I was told this a really long time ago from my cross country coach; and agree that the bye week has come at a very good time.
Was training back then unhitching the horses and pulling the wagon.

Did he etch this into his stone. Was cross country like following Lewis and Clark?

Sorry had to get a couple of old jabs in there.

Chiefster
10-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Was training back then unhitching the horses and pulling the wagon.

Did he etch this into his stone. Was cross country like following Lewis and Clark?

Sorry had to get a couple of old jabs in there.

No actually it included lugging huge wodden clubs around and dragging our women around by their hair.

hermhater
10-24-2007, 11:47 PM
No actually it included lugging huge wodden clubs around and dragging our women around by their hair.

That sounds kinky!

:sign0098: :yahoo: :lol:

Chiefster
10-25-2007, 12:40 AM
That sounds kinky!

:sign0098: :yahoo: :lol:

It is! :D

sling58
10-25-2007, 07:49 AM

They had cross country runners back in those days. I thought the Pony Express rode horses, not run the mail to it's destinations.

:lol: :lol:

rbedgood
10-27-2007, 02:44 AM
They had cross country runners back in those days. I thought the Pony Express rode horses, not run the mail to it's destinations.

:lol: :lol:

Ahh but remember Chiefster's younger brother Pheidippides was a famous runner.

For those who don't want to research, think Ancient Greece...famous run from Marathon, Greece to Athens Greece...

hermhater
10-27-2007, 03:53 AM

For those who don't want to research, think Ancient Greece...famous run from Marathon, Greece to Athens Greece...

And then he dropped dead.

Wasn't that about what the marathon it is named for?

He made it back to tell them they had won!

:sign0153:

sling58
10-27-2007, 07:32 AM

:lol: :funnypost: That is just funny right there.

tammietailgator
10-29-2007, 12:24 AM
Hell, I'd let drummond drag me by the hair at least to the 50 if he would just do it.

hermhater
10-29-2007, 12:27 AM
Hell, I'd let drummond drag me by the hair at least to the 50 if he would just do it.

Post of the Month.

That right there might just get you a T-Shirt girly!

But you will have to fight Canada for it!

:sign0098: :D

tammietailgator
10-29-2007, 12:29 AM
Post of the Month.

That right there might just get you a T-Shirt girly!

But you will have to fight Canada for it!

:sign0098: :D
Canada doesn't have hair!! I guess he could be dragged by his goatee.... hmm wonder if he would allow it??? anything for the Chiefs right?

hermhater
10-29-2007, 12:33 AM
Canada doesn't have hair!! I guess he could be dragged by his goatee.... hmm wonder if he would allow it??? anything for the Chiefs right?

I just pictured Canada being dragged by his goatee and cracked up!!!
:lol:

I'm just saying there is a thread here called POST OF THE MONTH.

You can nominate people for it by the brilliance of their post.

You're qualified for it in my opinion so I am gonna try and figure out how to do it again so I can nominate you...

The last nominee I nominated was Canada.

If you can get a picture of you dragging Canada by the goatee I am pretty sure you can get more than just a T-Shirt!!

:lol: :bananen_smilies046:

tammietailgator
10-29-2007, 12:41 AM

You're qualified for it in my opinion so I am gonna try and figure out how to do it again so I can nominate you...

If you can get a picture of you dragging Canada by the goatee I am pretty sure you can get more than just a T-Shirt!!

ok.... well, my husband is BALD and he has a GOATEE.... Can he be a double for Canada? I'm sure I can get him drunk enough? Anyone have some jagerbombs??? I'd be honored to get a T

:lol: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2:

Chiefster
10-29-2007, 01:23 AM

I dated Nike for a while.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nike_%28mythology%29

hermhater
10-29-2007, 01:30 AM

ok.... well, my husband is BALD and he has a GOATEE.... Can he be a double for Canada? I'm sure I can get him drunk enough? Anyone have some jagerbombs??? I'd be honored to get a T

:lol: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2:

I dated Nike for a while.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nike_%28mythology%29

Heh.

Chiefster making a joke about how hold he is and making a Sports reference.

This might be the post of the month post whore thread!

:D

Chiefster
10-29-2007, 01:35 AM
Heh.

Chiefster making a joke about how hold he is and making a Sports reference.

This might be the post of the month post whore thread!

:D

Meh, I do what I can. :D

hermhater
10-29-2007, 01:42 AM
post whoring is fun!

BTW this is the first link on google for Post Whoring is fun Chiester!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/359.jpg

Way to go Chiefs fan number one post whoring fan!!!

Go CHIEFSTER!!!

:sign0098::lol: :bananen_smilies046: :D :toast2:

Chiefster
10-29-2007, 01:51 AM
post whoring is fun!

BTW this is the first link on google for Post Whoring is fun Chiester!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/359.jpg

Way to go Chiefs fan number one post whoring fan!!!

Go CHIEFSTER!!!

:sign0098::lol: :bananen_smilies046: :D :toast2:

:lol: :lol: :lol: