PDA

View Full Version : Back by popular demand a geno smith thread

matthewschiefs
10-27-2014, 03:28 PM
Ok so maybe there isn't that much demand for a Geno thread but it's a very valid topic this week as the Chiefs and jets are set to face off this Sunday.

So with the questions of who the Jets are going to be starting at QB who does everyone want to see there are pros and cons to both
PRO facing
Geno Lets face it he has struggled. He hasn't shown that he is going to become a franchise QB at any point. And has to be lacking in confidence right now

Vick Hasn't looked any better then Geno. He isn't the same Vick that he once was. Reid did have him on a team for a short time so he knows more about Vick then Geno. And would know better how to stop him.

Cons facing
Geno Over the last 2 years just when you think he's about to finally been benched he comes out with a good game or two to keep the job. He could be due for one of those. And while our d hasn't been nearly as bad as we all feared they are not immune to struggles so this could be a case of right defense to face at the right time for Geno.

Vick. While he might not be the same player that he was that player is still there and could come out. He has been around in the NFL and is more likely to get things fixed then Geno.

So who do you want to face. Myself after all the Praise some gave Geno I want Geno and I want to be the nail in the coffin for him.

doobs_05
10-27-2014, 03:54 PM
Put 95% of the QBs in the league on the Jets, they do just as poor or worse. That team has nothing going for it except that D Line.

matthewschiefs
10-27-2014, 05:15 PM
Put 95% of the QBs in the league on the Jets, they do just as poor or worse. That team has nothing going for it except that D Line.

They have better wrs then we do

I would take Decker or Harvin over Jenkins and Hammond JR even if Harvin is just getting there.

brdempsey69
10-27-2014, 05:27 PM
Geno is not starting next Sunday in KC.

matthewschiefs
10-27-2014, 05:40 PM
Just heard that Vick will be starting

ctchiefsfan
10-27-2014, 07:30 PM
For all the strife that "the Geno question" caused here on Chiefscrowd, I'd prefer we faced a Jets team led by Geno so that we could KILL "the Geno question" dead as a damned doornail once and for all. And frankly, with our pass rush I think Geno would crumble like a sandcastle in front of a Tsunami. 6 or 8 picks.

And Vick just plain worries me. Not because I know anything everybody here doesn't....just one of those worries down in my gut.

Despite my worries, I still think this Chiefs team is MILES better than the Jets.

So I just have to rely on Reid to have our Chiefs ready to really kick some ash.

Sorry Vick.....it's time for you to get a real beating.

mejohnm
10-28-2014, 02:47 PM
Reid was prepared last year when we played against Vick and the Eagles in week 3. I hope he does his job and has this team ready for Vick and the Jets this year.

jap1
10-28-2014, 05:03 PM
For all the strife that "the Geno question" caused here on Chiefscrowd, I'd prefer we faced a Jets team led by Geno so that we could KILL "the Geno question" dead as a damned doornail once and for all. And frankly, with our pass rush I think Geno would crumble like a sandcastle in front of a Tsunami. 6 or 8 picks.

And Vick just plain worries me. Not because I know anything everybody here doesn't....just one of those worries down in my gut.

Despite my worries, I still think this Chiefs team is MILES better than the Jets.

So I just have to rely on Reid to have our Chiefs ready to really kick some ash.

Sorry Vick.....it's time for you to get a real beating.

The biggest danger to our team right now is themselves. As long as they don't come out soft (they seemed to do that on the first drive against the Lambs) and are out for blood, then we should be fine. If they come out expecting it to be a cakewalk, it may be a frustrating day for us Chiefs fans.

ctchiefsfan
10-28-2014, 06:37 PM
The biggest danger to our team right now is themselves. As long as they don't come out soft (they seemed to do that on the first drive against the Lambs) and are out for blood, then we should be fine. If they come out expecting it to be a cakewalk, it may be a frustrating day for us Chiefs fans.

Exactly. We've gotten a couple of good wins. The Jets are looking like a freak show. It would be easy for us to expect the Jets to roll over. And I don't expect they will.

Eydugstr
10-28-2014, 10:25 PM

THIS. From here on out, if we want to get into the playoffs, it's time to develop a "take care of business" mentality each and every game.

Vick can't be overlooked. He can still damage teams with his feet, if anything. The Jets are a team that really needs a win to build on, let some other team later in their schedule have that honor.

tornadospotter
10-29-2014, 01:56 AM
Geno would be more intimidated by Arrowhead, vick worries me, that he may run away from pressure and make a big play, DB's need to stay on there coverage.

Seek
10-29-2014, 07:41 AM
Let Vick Run. He is getting slower, and does not protect the ball very well. It is less likely he will get a first down on 3rd and long than if he threw it, specially with Houston and Hali hunting him like he just escaped the Levenworth prison. Vick has never come into KC and hurt us, even in his Prime. To me he has alwasy been over rated mostly because he played for East Coast teams.

doobs_05
10-29-2014, 11:10 AM
Just saw that NY has a top 3 running game.....I feel that is one of KC's weakness, running D

Justin5772002
10-29-2014, 11:38 AM
Just saw that NY has a top 3 running game.....I feel that is one of KC's weakness, running D
And yet, they're still losing most all of their games. Not worried about it

ctchiefsfan
10-29-2014, 02:00 PM
So long as we don't take this one for granted I think we'll be fine. We've got a handful of what should be easy games remaining on the schedule and if we are going to make the playoff they ARE ALL MUST WIN GAMES. We can't afford to throw away an easy win like we did in week 1.

Andy.....You need to have this team ready to fight monsters and eat dinosauers for breakfast. Get your boot on their necks EARLY and don't let up until the fat lady sings!!!

TopekaRoy
10-29-2014, 03:13 PM

And yet the Jets are ranked 28th in total yds per game and points per game, and LAST in passing yds per game (where our defense is ranked first)!

So how is that working out for them?

Eydugstr
10-30-2014, 09:15 AM
And yet the Jets are ranked 28th in total yds per game and points per game, and LAST in passing yds per game (where our defense is ranked first)!

Well, right now (at 1-7) they're in contention for the top spot in the 2015 draft. Chances are good they'll take a QB, too.

doobs_05
10-30-2014, 11:14 AM

Just sayin....any given sunday, right?

Justin5772002
10-30-2014, 12:06 PM
Just sayin....any given sunday, right?
Yes, any given Sunday. But the jets find ways to kill themselves we just gotta give them the opportunities to shoot themselves in the foot and play mistake free football

matthewschiefs
10-30-2014, 11:35 PM
This was posted on anther site I have been watching those still made we didn't take Geno react to the truth it's very very funny

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article3481340.html

Eydugstr
11-01-2014, 02:07 PM
This was posted on anther site I have been watching those still made we didn't take Geno react to the truth it's very very funny

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article3481340.html

TY for posting that m/c. Really good article. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

ctchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 10:32 PM

Another thank you for posting that article.

Alex Smith is most certainly not Joe Montana, Roger Staubach or a host of others. But he sure as hell ain't Geno Smith either!!! Mr. Hunt did the right thing and Andy Reid and John Dorsey did too.