PDA

View Full Version : Seachickens coming......and the weeks after that.......

ctchiefsfan
11-11-2014, 12:57 PM
The next 3 weeks our schedule gets tough again. seachickens, oakland, donkeys. And I expect these to all be tough games.

The seachickens are 6-3, just like us. And they have been up and down this year as many Super Bowl winners often are the year after they win. They've beaten the Packers, donkeys, scumskins, panthers, oakland and giants. Some comparatively easy games there, but the packers and donkeys aren't pushovers. The seachickens have lost to the chargers, cowgirls and rams. We've already beaten 2 of those 3 teams. The game is at Arrowhead. We SHOULD win this one. But after that tough road win against the buffs we risk a letdown. That happens a lot after a really hard-fought win. And we REALLY need to win this game. We've got 7 games left in the season and to be SURE of a playoff spot, we need to win 5 of those 7 games. 4 might do it, but it will take 5 more wins for the playoffs to be a sure thing. So we REALLY need to win this one.

Oakland.....the team I HATE more than any other. This game has TRAP written all over it!!! Especially if they lose to the chargers this week. Let's face it. Oakland will NOT go 0-16. And look at what the hapless jets just did to Pittsburgh. We have to be SUPER-READY for this one because oakland will be desperate by this point and there are few things more dangerous than a cornered rat. This game is in Oakland and they always play us tough--especially in oakland. And lets face it....a lot of fans and players will already be looking forward a week to the donkeys game in KC. IMO this is the most dangerous game in our next 7. If we are going to make the playoffs, beating oakland twice is CRUCIAL.

donkeys....I have over 40 years of being a Chiefs fan and I've never been a big donkey-hater. Dunno why. I guess there were just other teams I hated more. But I'm starting to get a serious case of the ash for these damned donkeys. This is another game WE REALLY NEED TO WIN! We still have 3, maybe 4 pretty tough games after this one so we really need to come out of this 3 game stretch at 9-3. 'Cause I figure we'll be doing well to win 2 of our last 4. And just because....lemme make myself clear....winning this game is not enough. We need to completely DISMANTLE the donkeys. We need to win by 24+ points and knock that stupid forehead out of the game and into next week.

This upcoming 3 game stretch is "gut-check time" for our Chiefs. If we win all 3 then we are most likely on our way to the playoffs. If we don't then on week 17 we will be lucky if we are praying for other team to lose. We have won 4 in a row now. If we can make it 7 in a row then we are on our way to the playoffs and probably our first playoff win since forever.

NJChiefs
11-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Man, when I look at that schedule ... Probably when all is said and done, eleven games against playoff contenders/winning teams. With the tie breakers and conference record, I say four more wins gets us in. If we beat the Donks in KC, I say we win the division. But the team that has the greatest chance of destroying all of that ... The Faders. They will win a couple of games. If one of them is against the Chiefs ...

ctchiefsfan
11-11-2014, 01:58 PM
You are SO RIGHT Jersey! Oakland is screwed for the season so all they have left is to be a spoiler. And who would they like to spoil things for more than our Chiefs? This game in oakland scares the crap of of me...especially if oakland loses to the chargers this weekend. As much as I HATE them, I will be praying (and I'm not much for praying) for oakland to beat the chargers. oakland sucks this year, but they will win a game or two and I'd prefer they got that first win before we played them.

As to 10-6 getting us a playoff berth. It should. But not a sure thing. IIRC we were one of the first teams to go 10-6 and NOT make the playoffs. Besides....if we can go 11-5 we will not only be guaranteed a playoff spot, but maybe, just maybe it would win us the AFC West.

And about the playoffs....how far would you be willing to drive to watch our opening round playoff game this year? I know there is supposed to be a Chiefs bar in Philly, but I can look around for others. I think it would be cool to watch us win our first playoff game in forever with a crowd of Chiefs fans.

rodu
11-11-2014, 03:00 PM
I wonder if Oakland learned how to defend a screen pass yet?

Eydugstr
11-11-2014, 04:00 PM

Oakland knows how to defend?

NJChiefs
11-11-2014, 04:06 PM
And about the playoffs....how far would you be willing to drive to watch our opening round playoff game this year? I know there is supposed to be a Chiefs bar in Philly, but I can look around for others. I think it would be cool to watch us win our first playoff game in forever with a crowd of Chiefs fans.

I went to the Chiefs - Eagles game last year. Heard about the Chiefs bar, but never saw it. That would be excellent. Or perhaps, if per chance they play the Patsies in the first round, we could score some bar stools wearing full Chiefs regalia in your neck of the woods and irritate the crap out of some people.

ctchiefsfan
11-11-2014, 05:50 PM
I went to the Chiefs - Eagles game last year. Heard about the Chiefs bar, but never saw it. That would be excellent. Or perhaps, if per chance they play the Patsies in the first round, we could score some bar stools wearing full Chiefs regalia in your neck of the woods and irritate the crap out of some people.

Sounds like a plan Jersey! Local to me the scene is pretty boring--mostly Giants fans but I'll check around and see if there is a bar in the state where we could just annoy the hell out of some splats fans. Meanwhile I'll find out more about the bar in Philly. I've heard about it, seen a video or two about it but never been there.

Justin5772002
11-11-2014, 06:32 PM
You are SO RIGHT Jersey! Oakland is screwed for the season so all they have left is to be a spoiler. And who would they like to spoil things for more than our Chiefs? This game in oakland scares the crap of of me...especially if oakland loses to the chargers this weekend. As much as I HATE them, I will be praying (and I'm not much for praying) for oakland to beat the chargers. oakland sucks this year, but they will win a game or two and I'd prefer they got that first win before we played them.

As to 10-6 getting us a playoff berth. It should. But not a sure thing. IIRC we were one of the first teams to go 10-6 and NOT make the playoffs. Besides....if we can go 11-5 we will not only be guaranteed a playoff spot, but maybe, just maybe it would win us the AFC West.

I'd be willing to go to Las Vegas!

ctchiefsfan
11-11-2014, 07:31 PM
That could be a HOOT! Are there any Chiefs bars in Vegas?

Justin5772002
11-12-2014, 07:32 AM
That could be a HOOT! Are there any Chiefs bars in Vegas?
There are theaters that have huge projection screens with all games on. The hotel I stayed at this weekend, there was about 20 or so of us chief fans there watching our game. No sound on our game but plenty of cheering for our chiefs EVERYTIME we scored. Walking around in my jersey got me a ton of attention by all because they all bet the chiefs!

doobs_05
11-12-2014, 12:08 PM

They know how to defend their QB, one of the lowest sacked QBs in the league

ctchiefsfan
11-12-2014, 12:28 PM

The worry about oakland is not so much that they do anything particularly well--they don't. In fact they are the poster child for a team in disarray. But they are going to win a game or 2 or 3 this year and they almost always play us very tough...especially in oakland. It's a pretty safe bet that they will play one of their best games of the year against us on November 23. So this is NOT a game to be taken lightly.

doobs_05
11-12-2014, 06:51 PM
The worry about oakland is not so much that they do anything particularly well--they don't. In fact they are the poster child for a team in disarray. But they are going to win a game or 2 or 3 this year and they almost always play us very tough...especially in oakland. It's a pretty safe bet that they will play one of their best games of the year against us on November 23. So this is NOT a game to be taken lightly.

Oakland is not playing like a 0-8 or 0-9 team (imo)

ctchiefsfan
11-12-2014, 07:59 PM

EXACTLY!!!! They are nowhere near as bad as their record. And that makes the oakland game the weekend after the Seachickens game a HUGE TRAP....especially when you take into account that we'll be facing the donkeys the week after. I have a very strong feeling that the next 3 games are the absolute toughest stretch of our season.

If we can go 3-0 the next 3 weeks then we are going to make the playoffs and will be a serious contender for the AFC West Championship. 2-1 would pretty much mean our best hope was a wildcard. 1-2 would put us in a DEEP HOLE. Not out of the race, but in deep trouble. But if we can go 3-0 the next 3 weeks then we will make the playoffs and win a playoff game.

This 3 week stretch of Seachickens (home)-oakland(away)-donkeys(home) is where the rubber meets the road this year. This is a good Chiefs Team. The next 3 weeks will tell us a LOT about just how good we are.

matthewschiefs
11-12-2014, 09:18 PM

Yes and no

They are 0-8 but they are NO pushovers. They have fight in them and if you go in and expect for them to just be push overs you're going to get beat

That being said they do make the mistakes that get them beat that you would expect an 0-8 team to make.

Chiefknight63
11-13-2014, 02:16 PM
The way to beat the seachickens is through CB shermon. He a ball hog. Run several plays by him. He won't know watch one to go to. He thinks he is the best player on the team, so he goes for the ball all the time. He won't know which way to go. He is there worst enemy. If we can keep him guessing, He'll be all over the place. Just make sure you don't pop the ball up in the air. Catch first, then run. I think that is are biggest problem. Just a thought.

Eydugstr
11-14-2014, 08:23 AM

They are 2nd to the Broncos in fewest sacks allowed, but somehow manage to be 24th in passing and 32nd in rushing...

More concerned with the Seahawks & Broncos than Oakland.

kcvet
11-14-2014, 01:17 PM
still we're expected to beat any 0-8 team. and we're favs vs chicken hawks. weather 27 and snow sun