PDA

View Full Version : What have we become?

hermhater
10-24-2007, 04:36 AM
Or am I even part of we?

anaeelbackwards
10-24-2007, 10:17 AM
well what is your definition of "we" in this situation?

swmochiefsfan
10-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Agree, more definition please.

Chiefster
10-24-2007, 02:35 PM

Agree, more definition please.

Yep, and yep!

hermhater
10-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Are Chiefs fans happy that WE are in first place or not?

We all want something from our team, why not be happy with first place in the AFC West?

greg3564
10-24-2007, 02:41 PM

We all want something from our team, why not be happy with first place in the AFC West?

I think it's a little different this year. Usually the AFC West is one of the best in the league. But this year the West has been playing some pretty sloppy ball. I think all the teams have much more potential and are not living up to that potential, including the Chiefs.

hermhater
10-24-2007, 02:42 PM
I think it's a little different this year. Usually the AFC West is the one of the best in the league. But this year the West has been playing some pretty sloppy ball. I think all the teams have much more potential and are not living up to that potential, including the Chiefs.

The West had pretty good records last year (besides the raiders) and it is being reflected by our schedules this year.

We have all played some pretty tough teams this year.

Chiefster
10-24-2007, 02:48 PM
The West had pretty good records last year (besides the raiders) and it is being reflected by our schedules this year.

Agreed, and I am ecstatic that we are in first place.

greg3564
10-24-2007, 03:05 PM

What?!

We've lost to some sub par teams. Houston 3-4, Chicago 3-4 and Jacksonville 4-2. Jacksonville is a decent team, but no powerhouse. The only real whooping was on San Diego. The rest were close games.

My concern is we are going into the rest of the season against Green Bay, Denver, at Indy, San Diego(at home for what that's worth), at Denver, Tennessee, at Detroit(that used to be a given win but not anymore) and at the NY Jets.

Denver is having flashes of turning into a strong team as are the Chargers down the stretch. If the O line and the O in general don't light a fire we're in deep cr@p. The D will only carry us so far. Special teams doesn't seem to have much firepower this year either.

Man I LOVE the Chiefs but I have serious concerns on how this season will end up. I honestly think the winner of the West could have no more than 9 wins.

hermhater
10-24-2007, 03:08 PM
What?!

We've lost to some sub par teams. Houston 3-4, Chicago 3-4 and Jacksonville 4-2. Jacksonville is a decent team, but no powerhouse. The only real whooping was on San Diego. The rest were close games.

My concern is we are going into the rest of the season against Green Bay, Denver, at Indy, San Diego(at home for what that's worth), at Denver, Tennessee, at Detroit(that used to be a given win but not anymore) and at the NY Jets.

Denver is having flashes of turning into a strong team as are the Chargers down the stretch. If the O line and the O in general don't light a fire we're in deep cr@p. The D will only carry us so far. Special teams doesn't seem to have much firepower this year either.

Man I LOVE the Chiefs but I have serious concerns on how this season will end up. I honestly think the winner of the West could have no more than 9 wins.

We had nine wins last year and made the playoffs.

But I am with you guy. I want to have home field advantage throughout the playoffs!

GO CHIEFS!!!

:bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046:

McLovin
10-24-2007, 04:53 PM
We had nine wins last year and made the playoffs.

But I am with you guy. I want to have home field advantage throughout the playoffs!

GO CHIEFS!!!

:bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046:
HA if you want homefield advantage this year become a Colts or a Pats fan, Sorry but I think the Chiefs will be lucky to get to the playoffs this year with the playcalling, O Line, and QB that we are using right now.

If the Chiefs got into the playoffs and made it past the first round with Huard, I would drive to Peoria, and plant a big wet one right on 31s Bare Butt.

I though am not worried cause Huard doesn't have it in him anymore.

I now believe that the Faiders have reverted to their old self and there shouldn't be much to worry about with them this year.

I hope everyone and their houses and familys are ok in San Diego but that this being displaced, derails them from getting on track like some have suggested and the way it looks.

Denver isn't a very good team, but as ugly as their wins are, ours aren't any prettier.

On to the schedule, and I would like a betting thread put up on our final win-loss count.

Green Bay, They are doing ok, but this is a winnable game. Home Game

Denver - Very winnable, but also losable we will have to see who shows up. Home Game

At Indy - Not likely at this point.

Oakland - Herm, Solari and CP should be fired if we lose to Oakland at home.

So after 11 games we could be 7-4. Most likely though 6-5

San Diego - Depends on How they are affected by by the fires, and how upset they are over us beating them at home, Winnable at home.

Denver Again winnable but harder because this one is in Denver, and they should be a little more in of a team by then. May be a tough game.

Tenn Vince Young will be back by then. This will be a tough game, If JA can contain Young, this is winnable.

At Detroit - This used to be a gimme game but they have the ability to put up points, regardless they are all over the board right now and I would say even though at this point they are unbeaten at home they should revert and be the Lions we all know before KC comes to town. Winnable

At Jets - At this point unless Herm feels sorry for his old team we should win this one.

Ok so adding the winnable games to the ones we have won we could end up 12-4.

I think 9-7 is a more likely outcome, losing to either Denver or Green Bay in the next 2 games, Likely losing at Indy, then losing 2 more out of Tenn, Denver, San Diego, and Detroit.

1st round of the Playoffs

Chiefs win Division Ranked 4
Pats 1
Colts 2
Steelers 3
Chiefs 4
San Diego 5 (tied for Division Tie Breaker to Chiefs)
Ravens 6

Playoff Games

KC - San Diego in Arrowhead KC finally wins first round.

Pats Bye
Colts Bye
Ravens at Steelers Ravens win with D

Game 2
Ravens at Pats - Good bye Ravens
Chiefs at Colts - Peyton Dismantles the Chiefs (again)

Game 3 Colts at Pats, Pats destroy the Colts.

Pats to the Super Bowl , ask league for a rare rule change and face the NFC Playoff top 3 - Cowgirls, Giants, and Green Bay.

With the best players from the 3 best NFC teams on the field the Pats win 42-7.

Even if we make it out of the second round upsetting Indy, I just don't see getting though Indy and Pats both in back to back games, although through the use of the listing games and seeing how the season could pan out, I am more optimistic that the Chiefs very well could make the playoffs and even .. possibly get to the second round.

(grumbling) yes even possibly with Huard.

Canada
10-24-2007, 04:57 PM
I was following you until you put Baltimore in the playoffs and have them beating the Steelers.

McLovin
10-24-2007, 05:50 PM
I was following you until you put Baltimore in the playoffs and have them beating the Steelers.
Yeah I was a little unsure on that one myself.

Anywho, who really cares bout that game hehehe.

Chiefster
10-24-2007, 11:39 PM
Yeah I was a little unsure on that one myself.

Anywho, who really cares bout that game hehehe.

Not me.

hermhater
10-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Not me.

I've got my eye on your post total...

Chiefster
10-25-2007, 12:33 AM

Stop; yer creepin me out! :D
j/k

hermhater
10-25-2007, 12:35 AM

Stop; yer creepin me out! :D
j/k

Wow it took you 14 posts to get around to this.

I wonder how long until you get around to the "Congrats Chiefster on 9,500 posts!" thread, then back around to this one...

I give it about 9,525...

Bets anyone?

:lol:

Chiefster
10-25-2007, 12:58 AM
Wow it took you 14 posts to get around to this.

I wonder how long until you get around to the "Congrats Chiefster on 9,500 posts!" thread, then back around to this one...

I give it about 9,525...

Bets anyone?

:lol:

Close; I tend to respond to threads from the bottom of the "Unread Posts" list working my way up.

hermhater
10-25-2007, 01:09 AM
Close; I tend to respond to threads from the bottom of the "Unread Posts" list working my way up.

Based on posts per day, I would say that is even shorter than my list.

I have also said that to chief31, about how I respond.

He mentioned that it is difficult to do that and keep current in conversations.

If you are vigilant, you have a better chance of being able to stay involved.

In other words if you can't sleep, and/or don't have a life, your list is gonna be pretty short!

:yahoo: :toast2: :lol: (insert benadryl smilie here!)

Chiefster
10-25-2007, 01:14 AM
Based on posts per day, I would say that is even shorter than my list.

I have also said that to chief31, about how I respond.

He mentioned that it is difficult to do that and keep current in conversations.

If you are vigilant, you have a better chance of being able to stay involved.

In other words if you can't sleep, and/or don't have a life, your list is gonna be pretty short!

:yahoo: :toast2: :lol: (insert benadryl smilie here!)

That is it in a nut shell.:D

chief31
10-25-2007, 06:11 AM
I think it's a little different this year. Usually the AFC West is one of the best in the league. But this year the West has been playing some pretty sloppy ball. I think all the teams have much more potential and are not living up to that potential, including the Chiefs.

This team is playing the way that I expected them to, except that they are winning.

That is it ...from a nut.:D

Just helpin' you out Chiefster.

sling58
10-25-2007, 07:12 AM

I am quite happy with first place.

anaeelbackwards
10-25-2007, 12:17 PM

i agree. i think that at one point of time of the season each time will have its crack on being atop of the afc west. hopefully the CHIEFS say atop and squash the rest of the wanna-be's which they have a very good chance at doing so.

hermhater
10-25-2007, 01:59 PM
i agree. i think that at one point of time of the season each time will have its crack on being atop of the afc west. hopefully the CHIEFS say atop and squash the rest of the wanna-be's which they have a very good chance at doing so.

2-0 in the division right now folks!!

We have a bye week, so that is not gonna change for at least 2 or 3 weeks!

Canada
10-25-2007, 04:15 PM
2-0 in the division right now folks!!

We have a bye week, so that is not gonna change! until we go 6-0

FYP!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
10-25-2007, 04:17 PM
FYP!! :bananen_smilies046:

Thanks man!

That is what I meant to say!

:sign0098: :toast2:

Chiefster
10-25-2007, 05:59 PM
This team is playing the way that I expected them to, except that they are winning.

Just helpin' you out Chiefster.

Heh! Always lookin out for me eh? :lol:

chief31
10-26-2007, 05:58 AM
Heh! Always lookin out for me eh? :lol:

Well someone has to, and since the nurses do it in person, I figure I can do it a little bit, around here.

:yahoo: