PDA

View Full Version : First trip to KC....

Hoghelmet14
11-13-2014, 09:08 PM
Will be arriving late Friday night if the weather does not delay us in traveling from Arkansas....

What is there to do on Saturday... got stadium tour set up

Hoghelmet14
11-13-2014, 09:09 PM
When and where are the best tailgates Sunday?

ctchiefsfan
11-14-2014, 12:01 AM
Wish I could tell you Hog, but I am another out-of-state Chiefs fan.

NJChiefs
11-15-2014, 12:47 PM
Wish I could tell you Hog, but I am another out-of-state Chiefs fan.

Hey Connecticut, don't tell me you've never been to KC to see our beloved Chiefs?? I've only been there a couple of times, with my son (a Broncos fan). We mostly wandered around on Saturday and tried to get a flavor of the different neighborhoods ... so unplanned, touristy kind of stuff. Crown Plaza is very cool especially around holiday season, and with the skywalk to Union Station it can take up a good part of the day. Union Station is an architectural masterpiece. My son enjoyed the science center and I had a great steak and some fine wine at Pierponts in the Station.

kcvet
11-15-2014, 02:02 PM
and what we're famous for - BBQ

here's the list of restaurants

https://www.visitkc.com/visitors/places-eat/kansas-city-barbecue-cant-miss-bbq-joints?listings

Eydugstr
11-15-2014, 02:30 PM
If you have the time the WW1 museum and memorial is across the street from Union Station. Also the Nelson-Atkins art museum & the plaza are two other spots in KC to check out.

Like kcvet said....We're really proud of our BBQ.

ctchiefsfan
11-15-2014, 03:01 PM
Hey Connecticut, don't tell me you've never been to KC to see our beloved Chiefs?? I've only been there a couple of times, with my son (a Broncos fan). We mostly wandered around on Saturday and tried to get a flavor of the different neighborhoods ... so unplanned, touristy kind of stuff. Crown Plaza is very cool especially around holiday season, and with the skywalk to Union Station it can take up a good part of the day. Union Station is an architectural masterpiece. My son enjoyed the science center and I had a great steak and some fine wine at Pierponts in the Station.

Only once with my Dad....long before Arrowhead.