PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one?

greg3564
10-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Am I the only one who misses Dante Hall on special teams? Drummond seems to have no speed or the ability to break one free. Hall seemed soooo much faster and his size enabled him to dodge tackles. Just seems that Drummond will never fill Hall's shoes. I always loved to watch Hall return kicks. The guy had a definite excitement factor, ie the X-Factor!!!! :D

hermhater
10-24-2007, 02:55 PM
I miss Dante!

They should let Huard return kicks before they let Drummond! He has better mobility it seems to me!

greg3564
10-24-2007, 03:17 PM
I miss Dante!

They should let Huard return kicks before they let Drummond! He has better mobility it seems to me!

Too funny! :funnypost:

McLovin
10-24-2007, 03:57 PM
Am I the only one who misses Dante Hall on special teams? Drummond seems to have no speed or the ability to break one free. Hall seemed soooo much faster and his size enabled him to dodge tackles. Just seems that Drummond will never fill Hall's shoes. I always loved to watch Hall return kicks. The guy had a definite excitement factor, ie the X-Factor!!!! :D
I miss the 2003 kick returner Dante Hall, I think that the mistake came when the Chiefs decided they needed him on offense also, They wore him out on offense and he wasn't his normal self on kick returns.

With the pick that we traded him with we picked up Kolby Smith, why don't we see what he can do on kickoff returns.

We do need to get rid of Drummond, but I am wondering why Kolby Smith isn't getting any time.

Also wonder what would have happened if we would have put Michael Bennett in at Kick Returner, from what I saw on youtube (after he was traded) people have been talking since around 2000 how fast he was, isn't that a skill better used for kick returns then a RB with no O-Line.

Hope this Michael Bennett trade doesn't come back to bite us, maybe we should have kept Bennett and got rid of Drummond, problem is even the Phins may not have wanted Drummond lol.

hermhater
10-24-2007, 04:02 PM
I miss the 2003 kick returner Dante Hall, I think that the mistake came when the Chiefs decided they needed him on offense also, They wore him out on offense and he wasn't his normal self on kick returns.

With the pick that we traded him with we picked up Kolby Smith, why don't we see what he can do on kickoff returns.

We do need to get rid of Drummond, but I am wondering why Kolby Smith isn't getting any time.

Also wonder what would have happened if we would have put Michael Bennett in at Kick Returner, from what I saw on youtube (after he was traded) people have been talking since around 2000 how fast he was, isn't that a skill better used for kick returns then a RB with no O-Line.

Hope this Michael Bennett trade doesn't come back to bite us, maybe we should have kept Bennett and got rid of Drummond, problem is even the Phins may not have wanted Drummond lol.

I have been waiting for the word from HERM that Drummond is gonna get benched.

I don't know what they are watching on film, but Drummond doesn't even start running without taking 5 or 6 stutter steps.

Chiefsfan27
10-24-2007, 04:10 PM

I hear you man. Drummond is so bad. It may have been just me but has he took the ball past the 25 yet? He's one of the worst players that is starting at a position in the NFL. lol.

timsatt1
10-24-2007, 05:28 PM
I hear you man. Drummond is so bad. It may have been just me but has he took the ball past the 25 yet? He's one of the worst players that is starting at a position in the NFL. lol.

honestly, as long as any of us on this board could catch the kickoff and not fumble it when we get tackled, would be be any worse than drummond? I dont understand why he is still returning, when there never is a return. He is so slow and non-athletic. It is obvious. He is worthless. There has to be a 2nd or 3rd string player that can do more than him, right?

hermhater
10-24-2007, 05:30 PM
honestly, as long as any of us on this board could catch the kickoff and not fumble it when we get tackled, would be be any worse than drummond? I dont understand why he is still returning, when there never is a return. He is so slow and non-athletic. It is obvious. He is worthless. There has to be a 2nd or 3rd string player that can do more than him, right?

I have been b!tching about this since pre-season.

We never should have let Phinisee go!

:mob: :mob: :mob: :mob:

Chiefster
10-24-2007, 05:34 PM
I do NOT miss the way he would run for negative ten yards on his returns.

greg3564
10-24-2007, 05:58 PM
I do NOT miss the way he would run for negative ten yards on his returns.
That drove me nuts too, but when Hall was on the field he was respected by opponents and their kickers. This guy Drummond on the other hand has no one shaking in their boots. They probably would have started using Kennison again if he were healthy. Shoot, give Grigsby a chance to field a couple and let that guy go tearing down the field.

McLovin
10-24-2007, 06:02 PM
That drove me nuts too, but when Hall was on the field he was respected by opponents and their kickers. This guy Drummond on the other hand has no one shaking in their boots. They probably would have started using Kennison again if he were healthy. Shoot, give Grigsby a chance to field a couple and let that guy go tearing down the field.
What bout Kolby, just wondered if he has the speed or talent, I really wish they would have kept Phinisee, he was hungry and wanted the job. And now he has to play for St Louis ewwwwwww ick

hermhater
10-24-2007, 06:08 PM
What bout Kolby, just wondered if he has the speed or talent, I really wish they would have kept Phinisee, he was hungry and wanted the job. And now he has to play for St Louis ewwwwwww ick

I hear ya man! Phinisee is a beast!

We should have kept him and gotten rid of Drummond.

wolfpack
10-24-2007, 06:23 PM
maybe danta 3 to 4 years ago. but the last two years he was here he did have alot of return yards,,,,,sideways.

DrunkHillbilly
10-24-2007, 06:28 PM
I don't miss Dante a bit. If you start missing him too bad, just watch Dancing with the Stars!!! That's about what he did!!!!

greg3564
10-24-2007, 06:39 PM
I don't miss Dante a bit. If you start missing him too bad, just watch Dancing with the Stars!!! That's about what he did!!!!

Hmmmm.....he's averaging 15 yards a return on punt. Drummond is 8.2.

Kick return
Drummond 21
Hall 25

DrunkHillbilly
10-24-2007, 07:19 PM

Kick return
Drummond 21
Hall 25
Didn't say Drummond was the answer. Just answered your question.

Dante cost as many yards as he gained for us. "Block in the back, number 46 of the receiving team, ball will be placed at the spot of the foul, 1st down."!!!!!!

DrunkHillbilly
10-24-2007, 07:20 PM

Kick return
Drummond 21
Hall 25
Uhhhh, he's not averaging any yards per punt right now!!!

tornadospotter
10-24-2007, 09:34 PM
It seems to me that Hall's production started to slip when we lost Blayloc, ( I probably did not spell his name right) with him as the lead blocker, they just seemed to be in sync with a kick return

hermhater
10-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Didn't say Drummond was the answer. Just answered your question.

Dante cost as many yards as he gained for us. "Block in the back, number 46 of the receiving team, ball will be placed at the spot of the foul, 1st down."!!!!!!

Is that because Dante actually showed some effort?

greg3564
10-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Is that because Dante actually showed some effort?

I don't know that Drummond isn't trying, but that he doesn't accelerate quick enough. By the time he gets going the coverage has caught him. Plus he's too big to be a returner, making it easier to tackle him.

Coach
10-24-2007, 10:14 PM
What about Sippio? I agree Drummond is brutal.

hermhater
10-24-2007, 10:17 PM

I would love to see Sippio in the game at any position!

Get that guy in HERM!

Chiefster
10-24-2007, 11:57 PM

Good question!

anaeelbackwards
10-25-2007, 02:40 AM
I don't know that Drummond isn't trying, but that he doesn't accelerate quick enough. By the time he gets going the coverage has caught him. Plus he's too big to be a returner, making it easier to tackle him.

idk drummond is practicing with the SPECIAL TEAMS that isn't doing so hot this season. they are giving up more yardage and giving teams good field position. on the kickoffs i'm referring to. when we punt it, we are decent bc colquitt gives that ball so much hangtime, our ST has time to go down there and have the oposing team to fair catch the ball. so i mean he doesn't have much practice or work to go by.

idk if im not making any sense on this one i apologize, my mind is just working in jumbles as of this moment.:sign0104:

hermhater
10-25-2007, 02:53 AM
idk drummond is practicing with the SPECIAL TEAMS that isn't doing so hot this season. they are giving up more yardage and giving teams good field position. on the kickoffs i'm referring to. when we punt it, we are decent bc colquitt gives that ball so much hangtime, our ST has time to go down there and have the oposing team to fair catch the ball. so i mean he doesn't have much practice or work to go by.

idk if im not making any sense on this one i apologize, my mind is just working in jumbles as of this moment.:sign0104:

That sounds as jumbled as my mind!

So your Enter key quite working during that rant?

hehehe

What's up girly?

Are you posting to multiple sites right now?

You don't need to feel guilty...

It's OK to look around...

As long as you come home to Daddy...

:D

Chiefster
10-25-2007, 03:22 AM

You are making sense.

That is all.

chief31
10-25-2007, 03:34 AM

I miss him. I miss having a chance to score though. We are getting exactly what Herm wanted, with Drummond. Squat. We got rid of Hall because he tried to make things happen, now we have a guy who can't.

We (myself excluded) did all of that complaining about Halls "dancing" and now we have a terrible return game. Even on Halls down years, he still managed to be average, at least.

We (again, myself excluded) complained because he lost three yards on a return, but failed to notice the thirty-three yarder that came on his next attempt.

This year, he has already had two returns of over eighty yards, while we haven't gotten one for half that distance.

hermhater
10-25-2007, 03:37 AM
I miss him. I miss having a chance to score though. We are getting exactly what Herm wanted, with Drummond. Squat. We got rid of Hall because he tried to make things happen, now we have a guy who can't.

We (myself excluded) did all of that complaining about Halls "dancing" and now we have a terrible return game. Even on Halls down years, he still managed to be average, at least.

We (again, myself excluded) complained because he lost three yards on a return, but failed to notice the thirty-three yarder that came on his next attempt.

This year, he has already had two returns of over eighty yards, while we haven't gotten one for half that distance.

Risk=Chance

Chiefster
10-25-2007, 03:38 AM

I would suggest that is because he quit all the "dancing around"; I can't help but think he wanted to go somewhere else. JMO

hermhater
10-25-2007, 03:41 AM
I would suggest that is because he quit all the "dancing around"; I can't help but think he wanted to go somewhere else. JMO

He is not even dancing around.

He is running right towards the kicking teams tacklers without blockers.

He takes about 3,4, or 5 stutter steps and waits for the tacklers to get there.

He needs to be a power returner and run straight ahead, or get some speed and juke some guys out.

What he is doing right now is not acceptable to the Chiefs fans around here.

There is beginning to be a rumble.

"No Soup for YOU!"

Chiefster
10-25-2007, 03:47 AM
He is not even dancing around.

He is running right towards the kicking teams tacklers without blockers.

He takes about 3,4, or 5 stutter steps and waits for the tacklers to get there.

He needs to be a power returner and run straight ahead, or get some speed and juke some guys out.

What he is doing right now is not acceptable to the Chiefs fans around here.

There is beginning to be a rumble.

"No Soup for YOU!"

Eggsactly!

Why couldn't he do that while with the Chiefs? I would have much rather he only got a few yards then to get negative yards; that's like a return for the opposing team.

chief31
10-25-2007, 04:14 AM
Eggsactly!

Why couldn't he do that while with the Chiefs? I would have much rather he only got a few yards then to get negative yards; that's like a return for the opposing team.

Well, now we are getting that couple of yards at a time, while sacrificing the big-play threat.

All signs show that our return game was a whole lot better with Dante, than it has been without him.

sling58
10-25-2007, 07:25 AM
I miss the old Dante not the "Dancing with the Stars" Dante.

hermhater
10-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Well, now we are getting that couple of yards at a time, while sacrificing the big-play threat.

All signs show that our return game was a whole lot better with Dante, than it has been without him.

Exactly! :sign0098:

The opposing team can give up their lanes because they know Drummond can't break the long one!

anaeelbackwards
10-25-2007, 02:45 PM
gotta admit, i miss seeing this.

http://www.rdstore.com/sitemedia/product/largeimages/58489am.jpg

the past is the past and we are moving on... :drunkhb: