PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh.....Something special going on here....

Bike
11-16-2014, 09:03 PM
We just beat the Superbowl champs. Dorsey and Reid have melded together a TEAM that has won 7 of their last 8 games - and 5 straight - with a makeshift OL and secondary against a brutal schedule. This is a Superbowl caliber team right now. Season-ending injuries to DJ and DeVito - no biggie - The Chiefs just keep winning. Congratulations to The CHIEFS!!!!

matthewschiefs
11-16-2014, 09:08 PM
And it's not because of a weak schedule either. THIS TEAM IS FOR REAL

JPPT1974
11-16-2014, 09:26 PM
Congrats Chiefs on winning against Seattle!

Bike
11-16-2014, 09:28 PM
And it's not because of a weak schedule either. THIS TEAM IS FOR REAL

Absolutely. I would never have guessed this kind of progress until at least next year. Dorsey may have made a couple mistakes (Vance Walker 13 mil comes to mind), but we are winning games with "scrap heap" players. That tells me this is a TEAM that loves playing for their coach. Great job Andy Reid!

ctchiefsfan
11-16-2014, 10:41 PM
Everybody has said it better than I can. I think just about everybody here figured this was a "rebuild year" before the season started. Especially with the free agent losses and tough schedule. And more so after the season opener. EVEN MORE SO with all the injuries. But here we are, tied for 1st place with the damned donks. I'm just in AWE of the way that our "depth guys" are stepping up and getting the job done!!! Andy Reid and the assistant coaches he brought in are ALL F'ing geniouses!!!!!

THE CURSE ENDS THIS YEAR!!!!

Eydugstr
11-17-2014, 08:03 AM
If we win the remaining AFC West games, there's no reason to think that we couldn't win a playoff game.

NJChiefs
11-17-2014, 09:19 AM
Agree with all of the above. But since I know it will become the buzz word of the week, I'll blurt it out first ... trap game. It's nice to be in a position to even be able to mention a trap game, but the Faders will never be a gimme game. I vividly remember the bench clearing brawls of the 70s and that ghostly stench still soaks this rivalry. Their season is officially over, but they would love more than to take us down. And they've played some good teams close.

ctchiefsfan
11-17-2014, 10:53 AM
If we win the remaining AFC West games, there's no reason to think that we couldn't win a playoff game.

I don't think there is a team in football that we can't beat. Though it might take a little luck to beat some of them. Especially if we are playing on the road. But at this point I feel pretty confident we will make the playoffs and in fact win at least one playoff game. But if we are going to have a chance of getting to the AFC Championship I think we must win our division and get ourselves some playoff games at Arrowhead. I just don't know if we are good enough to make it to the AFC Championship with every playoff game being on the road.

ctchiefsfan
11-17-2014, 11:07 AM
Agree with all of the above. But since I know it will become the buzz word of the week, I'll blurt it out first ... trap game. It's nice to be in a position to even be able to mention a trap game, but the Faders will never be a gimme game. I vividly remember the bench clearing brawls of the 70s and that ghostly stench still soaks this rivalry. Their season is officially over, but they would love more than to take us down. And they've played some good teams close.

You are SO RIGHT Jersey!!!! I've been worrying about this oakland game since the win against the buffs. The raiders are DONE. Their goose is cooked. But they are NOT going to go 0-16. So all they have left is to try to rescue some shred of their pride. And knocking off our Chiefs would go a long way towards restoring a little bit of pride. Throw in the fact that we are playing on a short week, in THEIR HOUSE and are sure to already be thinking about the donkeys and you have all the ingredients of a CLASSIC TRAP GAME. I expect oakland will play us VERY TOUGH Thursday. VERY VERY TOUGH.

This is also a MUST WIN for the Chiefs if we want to stay in the hunt to win the division. The donks have an easier schedule for these next 6 games than we do and of course we still have a game against the Cardinals in their house.

Thursday night is going to be VERY TOUGH.

TopekaRoy
11-17-2014, 11:12 AM
... I'll blurt it out first ... trap game. ...

I don't think there can be any such thing as a trap game with this team. The Chiefs believe in themselves, but I don't think that they think they are good enough to look ahead or take ANY team lightly. I believe they really learned their lesson with the Titans game. They know the Raiders always play them tough especially in Oakland. Andy will have this team prepared and in the right mind set to play. The Raiders aren't good enough to beat the Chiefs if the Chiefs are on their game, and with Ried coaching them you know they will be.

The Chiefs are playing with "chips on their shoulders" because they still don't believe the national media are giving them the respect they deserve.

TopekaRoy
11-17-2014, 11:15 AM
... knocking off our Chiefs would go a long way towards restoring a little bit of pride. ...
That's true, but they just don't have the talent to do it.

ctchiefsfan
11-17-2014, 11:17 AM
I hope you are right Topeka!!!!! But I am still worried about this game. But then I am ALWAYS worried about the games we "SHOULD WIN"....especially when they are in oakland. To me oakland will always be the most hated team. Been that way since I became a Chiefs fan and always will be.

ctchiefsfan
11-17-2014, 11:23 AM
That's true, but they just don't have the talent to do it.

Quite true......IF we play a good game. We must treat this game as if it is going to be every bit as important as next week against the donks. Because it is. We need to get our boots on their necks early and not let up until they have stopped breathing. DEATH TO OAKLAND!!!

TopekaRoy
11-17-2014, 11:25 AM
Last year we beat the Raiders 56-31 in Oakland. They turned the ball over 7 times. This year the Chiefs are better and the Raiders are not as good as last year. I see this game going a lot like the Broncos-Raiders game. They will play tough and keep it close in the first half, but the Chiefs will pull away in the 2nd half and win by a comfortable margin of between 10 and 17 points.

ctchiefsfan
11-17-2014, 11:33 AM
My head tells me you are right. My long years of dashed hopes makes me worried. But you should be right. This is a team we should beat....and beat easily.....and I think we are a good enough team that even if we spot them some points we should be able to overwhelm them because we are without a doubt the far superior team.

doobs_05
11-17-2014, 12:16 PM
It's been a great season........but if they don't produce in the playoffs (if they make playoffs), then it won't be a great start to a new year but it won't hurt as bad because I felt this team wouldn't make the playoffs.

Seek
11-17-2014, 01:06 PM
It all starts with the Fans. Its the only common variable for both the Royals and Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!

Seek
11-17-2014, 01:11 PM
It's been a great season........but if they don't produce in the playoffs (if they make playoffs), then it won't be a great start to a new year but it won't hurt as bad because I felt this team wouldn't make the playoffs.

Even if they make the play offs it will sting. It all kind of matters how it plays out though. Last year, really hurt but was easier to stomach because of the injuries that lead up to the collapse. Now if it played out like the Donkey's loss did where they just got crushed with no real excuse. That would sting more.

This team is taking on the Royals expectations. Even without superstar talent, they are getting it done right by playing sound football and playing a good team game. The good news here though. Is we are doing it with back ups... There is still plenty of talent to build off here going forward to expect good things for years to come, ulike a divisional foe whose play offs window seems to close with one single player.

ctchiefsfan
11-17-2014, 02:08 PM

All in all, I feel this season is already a success. I really thought at the start of the season that 10-6 was the very best we could hope for. After the opening game loss and injuries I felt 9-7 was as good as we could hope for. And I wasn't too much counting on that. Now I fully expect we will go 10-6 with a good chance at 11-5 and an outside shot at 12-4. And to be honest I pretty much EXPECT that we will break the curse this year.

ctchiefsfan
11-17-2014, 02:10 PM
Even if they make the play offs it will sting. It all kind of matters how it plays out though. Last year, really hurt but was easier to stomach because of the injuries that lead up to the collapse. Now if it played out like the Donkey's loss did where they just got crushed with no real excuse. That would sting more.

This team is taking on the Royals expectations. Even without superstar talent, they are getting it done right by playing sound football and playing a good team game. The good news here though. Is we are doing it with back ups... There is still plenty of talent to build off here going forward to expect good things for years to come, ulike a divisional foe whose play offs window seems to close with one single player.

YUP! This is a TEAM.....an entity that is greater than the sum of it's parts.