PDA

View Full Version : A little credit where credit is due.....

ctchiefsfan
11-17-2014, 05:21 PM
All Chiefs fans are grateful to Reid, Dorsey and all our players for the fantastic turnaround we have seen since the 2012 season. And those thanks are VERY WELL DESERVED. But there are 2 guys I don't hear mentioned often when it comes to handing out kudos for the change that has taken place at Arrowhead. So I am going to say a personal "Thank you" to them....

#1...Clark Hunt. If I can believe what I read, Clark Hunt flew his jet to Philadelphia, locked Andy Reid in a room and darned near kept him prisoner until Reid agreed "in principle" to become our Chiefs Head Coach. That was EXACTLY the kind of single-minded executive decisiveness that our Chiefs needed. And Clark Hunt provided it when we needed it most. GREAT JOB Mr. Hunt!!!!! Your Dad would be DAMNED PROUD!

#2...Coach Dick Vermeil. Again, I rely on 3rd party accounts for this info, but the story I have read is that after Clark Hunt had pretty much beaten Andy Reid into submission Reid decided that before he signed on the dotted line he should call his friend Dick Vermeil and ask about taking the Chiefs job. As the story I have read goes, Vermeil told Reid that KC was a GREAT place to live and had the best fans in the NFL. Coach Vermeil....Thanks for helping close the deal!