PDA

View Full Version : Some more of those classy Raiders fans... Can't take losing to the Chiefs!

hermhater
10-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Shootings occur in parking lots before, after Raiders game
By Harry Harris and Kristin Bender
MediaNews
Article Launched: 10/22/2007 05:21:13 AM PDT

Four football fans tailgating Saturday night outside a Oakland Coliseum parking lot in preparation for Sunday's sold-out Raiders game were shot by suspected gang members who mistook them for rivals, police said. All the victims, including two brothers, were taken to local hospitals and are expected to recover, police said. Police said at least a dozen rounds were fired at the victims, who were all hit with bullets several times.
In an unrelated incident Sunday, a man was shot in the upper thigh or groin area after the Raiders game, police said. The shooting happened in the 66th Avenue parking lot about 4:30 p.m., police said.
After a brief foot chase, police detained the shooter and recovered the gun, said Alameda County Sheriff's spokesman Sgt. J.D. Nelson. Detailed information regarding the shooting was not available late Sunday.
The victims in Saturday night's shooting - whose names were not released - include two brothers, 23 and 17, both from Oakland, a 24-year-old Alamo man and a 23-year-old San Leandro man, police said.
The shooting happened at 10:25 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of Hegenberger Road near Baldwin Street. That area is a back entrance into Coliseum parking lots, and Oakland Raiders fans are known to park vehicles there and party in the days leading up to a home game.
The Raiders played the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.
Officer Jason Andersen said the four victims are not thought to be gang members. They were part of a larger group involved in a tailgate party, he said. "We were just kicking back," the 23-year-old Oakland man told police. "We always hang out (here) for Raiders games."
Police said there may have been an event going on at a nearby event hall that attracted members of an Oakland street gang. There was no answer at the hall Sunday.
Witnesses told police that several vehicles drove into the area where the shooting took place and stopped. Several men got out of one of the vehicles, yelled out a "gang name," and at least one man, and possibly others, began shooting at the tailgaters, Andersen said.
The suspects then fled in the vehicles, and witnesses did not get a description of the shooter or shooters or the vehicle.
Police said those shot had non-life-threatening injuries. The Alamo man was driven by friends to an Oakland hospital; ambulances took the other three victims to another local hospital.
Police and Crime Stoppers of Oakland are offering up to $20,000 in reward money for information leading to the arrest of the suspects. Anyone with information should call police (925) 238-3426 or Crime Stoppers at (925) 238-6946.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_7248021

:mob::mob::mob::mob::mob:

McLovin
10-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Hope none of them were Chiefs fans and shot because of it. Regardless of whose fans they were this is just ridiculous and they really need to look into moving the stadium if it is in that bad an area.

I mean sheesh KC is in kind of a bad area, I mean I lived close to Arrowhead (dumpy lil trailer park on 40 HWY, and it isn't in the best area, but you don't hear about people getting shot tailgating, or do ya its been a while.

hermhater
10-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Hope none of them were Chiefs fans and shot because of it. Regardless of whose fans they were this is just ridiculous and they really need to look into moving the stadium if it is in that bad an area.

I mean sheesh KC is in kind of a bad area, I mean I lived close to Arrowhead (dumpy lil trailer park on 40 HWY, and it isn't in the best area, but you don't hear about people getting shot tailgating, or do ya its been a while.

I have NEVER heard of anyone getting shot at Arrowhead!

Chiefs fans are happy drunks, not p!ssed off gang-bangers that get high on crack and go around shooting tailgaters!

Chiefster
10-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Wow! Just wow!

Shocking, but sadly enough not surprising.

hermhater
10-25-2007, 12:13 AM
Wow! Just wow!

Shocking, but sadly enough not surprising.

The raiders fans still think it is 1977 and they are the Champs.

Can't stand losing, especially to the Chiefs!

Especially 9 times in a row!

Chiefster
10-25-2007, 12:47 AM
The raiders fans still think it is 1977 and they are the Champs.

Can't stand losing, especially to the Chiefs!

Especially 9 times in a row!

That is quite the losing streak.

hermhater
10-25-2007, 12:49 AM
That is quite the losing streak.

It has never happened to them before.

Another record for the Chiefs this year!

All because of Tony G!!!!

Chiefster
10-25-2007, 01:05 AM
It has never happened to them before.

Another record for the Chiefs this year!

All because of Tony G!!!!

He is da man; they're just mad 'cause they didn't draft him.

anaeelbackwards
10-25-2007, 01:55 AM
just like those bozos and their baseball stadium... ugh.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/278.jpg

hermhater
10-25-2007, 01:57 AM

My side was already hurtin' girl!

Now I am absolutely unable to fucntion.

That is hilarious!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chiefster
10-25-2007, 02:04 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sling58
10-25-2007, 07:43 AM
Some raiders fans are tasteless but that could happen anywhere I suppose.

Canada
10-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Some raiders fans are tasteless but that could happen anywhere I suppose.

Not in Canada!! You guys have too many yahoos running around with guns!

sling58
10-26-2007, 07:43 AM
Not in Canada!! You guys have too many yahoos running around with guns!

That is true, I am one of them, but I have a carry and conceal permit so atleast I do it legally.

Canada
10-26-2007, 08:26 AM
That is true, I am one of them, but I have a carry and conceal permit so atleast I do it legally.

I guess I never really understood the need for carrying a gun with me on a regular basis!

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 08:33 AM
I guess I never really understood the need for carrying a gun with me on a regular basis!

they probably dont check for them at the games bc they probably need it. i jest i jest.

sling58
10-26-2007, 09:29 AM

I dont carry it all the time. Just like when I travel or something. most of the time it's locked in my safe with the trigger lock on it. Can never be to safe with a firearm.

Canada
10-26-2007, 09:57 AM
I dont carry it all the time. Just like when I travel or something. most of the time it's locked in my safe with the trigger lock on it. Can never be to safe with a firearm.

Wouldn't it be safer if everyone just left them in the stores in the first place? Leave it at home if you come to Canada cause they sill cause all kinds of sh!t at the border. They are "insert profanity here" at the border!!

chief31
10-26-2007, 10:01 AM

Rather anyone sees the need, or not, it is a right. I think that everyone should be free to own a gun, and be charged with crimes, when they misuse a gun.

sling58
10-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Rather anyone sees the need, or not, it is a right. I think that everyone should be free to own a gun, and be charged with crimes, when they misuse a gun.

agreed. it's the idiots that carry a gun that think they are unstopable that give guys like me a bad name.

Canada
10-26-2007, 10:32 AM

I understand that it is a right, but I have plenty of rights that I don't feel the need to invoke every day just because I have them. I think the whole gun thing in the US is a mentality. People don't have carry and conceal permits here. Guys up north have rifles for hunting but I have never seen a handgun in Canada.

chief31
10-26-2007, 10:38 AM
I understand that it is a right, but I have plenty of rights that I don't feel the need to invoke every day just because I have them. I think the whole gun thing in the US is a mentality. People don't have carry and conceal permits here. Guys up north have rifles for hunting but I have never seen a handgun in Canada.

It is my opinion that all Americans should have the right to own fully-automatic weapons, if they WANT. Gun violence in the USA is generally the result of unregistered/illegal firearms.

Canada has less violence because it is too cold to go out all of the time, unlike southern California. :D

Canada
10-26-2007, 10:41 AM
It is my opinion that all Americans should have the right to own fully-automatic weapons, if they WANT. Gun violence in the USA is generally the result of unregistered/illegal firearms.

Canada has less violence because it is too cold to go out all of the time, unlike southern California. :D

Why not bazookas?? :bananen_smilies046: Tanks :armee_smilies132:Nuclear Warheads in every backyard. Where do you draw the line??

There are no guns here because Canadians aren't as annoying and no one wants to shoot us!! :D

royalswin100games
10-26-2007, 10:45 AM

Wow, I've been asleep for awhile. Anyway, I agree. I think it's part of our society's mentality. I have to defend dumba$$ fader fan's(and everybody elses) right to shoot at people. It may not necessarily be a weapon problem, but a dumba$$ population problem in this country. Especially fader fans.

Canada
10-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Wow, I've been asleep for awhile. Anyway, I agree. I think it's part of our society's mentality. I have to defend dumba$$ fader fan's(and everybody elses) right to shoot at people. It may not necessarily be a weapon problem, but a dumba$$ population problem in this country. Especially fader fans.

So why have all the guns then?

royalswin100games
10-26-2007, 10:49 AM
So why have all the guns then?

You got me. I don't own one. But I also don't need one because I live behind a fence. The military also let's me shoot every once in awhile if I feel like it.

chief31
10-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Why not bazookas?? :bananen_smilies046: Tanks :armee_smilies132:Nuclear Warheads in every backyard. Where do you draw the line??

There are no guns here because Canadians aren't as annoying and no one wants to shoot us!! :D

I don't draw a line. And yes, why not? I am all about freedom. Those who like having less freedom are welcome to move away, or if you don't want freedom, then just pretend like you don't have it. But don't convince the government to strip me of my freedom, because you don't want me to have it.

Canada
10-26-2007, 10:59 AM
I don't draw a line. And yes, why not? I am all about freedom. Those who like having less freedom are welcome to move away, or if you don't want freedom, then just pretend like you don't have it. But don't convince the government to strip me of my freedom, because you don't want me to have it.

Whoa....I never said that you should be stripped of the right. I just don't think that individuals should feel the need to walk down the street with a gun strapped to their side. To me you have already lost the freedom to walk down the street and not worry about a bullet whizzing past your head. I don't pretend that I don't have freedom. I live on the greatest continent on earth. But I have a right to walk around everyday and not worry about someone with a gun walking by me and is the right I choose to exercise every day.

chief31
10-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Whoa....I never said that you should be stripped of the right. I just don't think that individuals should feel the need to walk down the street with a gun strapped to their side. To me you have already lost the freedom to walk down the street and not worry about a bullet whizzing past your head. I don't pretend that I don't have freedom. I live on the greatest continent on earth. But I have a right to walk around everyday and not worry about someone with a gun walking by me and is the right I choose to exercise every day.

Safety is not a freedom, when living with others. If you impose rules to ensure your safety, then you have given up on freedom. You have taken it way from others, for your benefit.

Yes, freedom can be very dangerous. But, if everyone were allowed to cary a gun, then the thugs wouldn't be so bold to pick on others.

I feel as though we should have the right to feel safe, as long as we can make ourself safe. Not at the cost of someone elses freedom. I don't think that laws and government should have any say in what I do, unless I am stealing, or causing harm to others.

sling58
10-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Safety is not a freedom, when living with others. If you impose rules to ensure your safety, then you have given up on freedom. You have taken it way from others, for your benefit.

Yes, freedom can be very dangerous. But, if everyone were allowed to cary a gun, then the thugs wouldn't be so bold to pick on others.

I feel as though we should have the right to feel safe, as long as we can make ourself safe. Not at the cost of someone elses freedom. I don't think that laws and government should have any say in what I do, unless I am stealing, or causing harm to others.

I don't agree with that as much, that would lead to anarchy IMO.

Canada
10-26-2007, 11:09 AM

I don't disagree with you, but I think that there is a reason the the US has higher murder rates in some cities that Canada has in the entire country. Somewhere along the way safety and guns became synonymous and I personally think that they do more harm than good. IMHO

Time for bed now!! Nite Crowd :drunkhb:

sling58
10-26-2007, 11:17 AM
I don't disagree with you, but I think that there is a reason the the US has higher murder rates in some cities that Canada has in the entire country. Somewhere along the way safety and guns became synonymous and I personally think that they do more harm than good. IMHO

I agree with some of your points. Some people go off half ****ed carrying a gun, myself I have went thru the classes and have been around guns my entire life so I understand the proper ways to use them. I don't usually have it with me but there are those times I take it with me, camping, hiking, traveling, etc but I would never pull out the gun just because I have one. Most of the time I carry one, you wouldn't even know I had it on me. Most of the time my own gf doesn't know I am carrying it.

Canada
10-26-2007, 11:21 AM
I agree with some of your points. Some people go off half ****ed carrying a gun, myself I have went thru the classes and have been around guns my entire life so I understand the proper ways to use them. I don't usually have it with me but there are those times I take it with me, camping, hiking, traveling, etc but I would never pull out the gun just because I have one. Most of the time I carry one, you wouldn't even know I had it on me. Most of the time my own gf doesn't know I am carrying it.

But for every one of you there are 100 people who are the opposite. How many "accidental" shooting occur in the US?? I have never seen one...and people would call me if it happens!! :lol:

sling58
10-26-2007, 11:23 AM
But for every one of you there are 100 people who are the opposite. How many "accidental" shooting occur in the US?? I have never seen one...and people would call me if it happens!! :lol:

agreed.

Canada
10-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Sooooooo....How about them Chiefs!!

royalswin100games
10-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Sooooooo....How about them Chiefs!!

How 'bout 'em. Do you think Larry's gonna run all over the Pack?

Canada
10-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Yes and I think Allen and Hali are gonna be bouncin Favre back and forth all day!!

sling58
10-26-2007, 12:36 PM
Yes and I think Allen and Hali are gonna be bouncin Favre back and forth all day!!

Packer Pinball? Love it!

royalswin100games
10-26-2007, 12:37 PM

WOOHOO!!! Faavreh is going down!!!

:mob:

chief31
10-26-2007, 12:57 PM
I don't agree with that as much, that would lead to anarchy IMO.

You ended the quote prematurely. This is the rest of it...

...unless I am stealing, or causing harm to others.

That nullifies the anarchy theory. There would still be law.

Seriously, the cold weather is a very real factor. Look at the most violent places on Earth. Right near the equator. Albeit, that isn't the only reason. Canadians don't have as much racial integration either. The population isn't as dense. The wealth isn't so unevenly distributed. The list would be very long.

And the primary reason for the "right to bear arms" was to ensure that the people would always be able to overthrow the government, if it were to come to that.

Anyway...Goodnight.

sling58
10-26-2007, 01:05 PM
You ended the quote prematurely. This is the rest of it...

That nullifies the anarchy theory. There would still be law.

Seriously, the cold weather is a very real factor. Look at the most violent places on Earth. Right near the equator. Albeit, that isn't the only reason. Canadians don't have as much racial integration either. The population isn't as dense. The wealth isn't so unevenly distributed. The list would be very long.

And the primary reason for the "right to bear arms" was to ensure that the people would always be able to overthrow the government, if it were to come to that.

Anyway...Goodnight.

True my bad 31

hermhater
10-26-2007, 02:05 PM

You just posted a little bit ago that you were on your 4th beer?

And you are going to bed?

Lightweight!

:beer: :D

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 03:04 PM
You just posted a little bit ago that you were on your 4th beer?

And you are going to bed?

Lightweight!

:beer: :D

hahaha he had more than 4 this morning friend, believe me. lol

canada said he would go to bed while drinking and was still on for 2 hours more. lol

don't ever doubt canada and his drinkin ways.

hermhater
10-26-2007, 03:13 PM
hahaha he had more than 4 this morning friend, believe me. lol

canada said he would go to bed while drinking and was still on for 2 hours more. lol

don't ever doubt canada and his drinkin ways.

My bad... I spent about an hour and half collecting pictures of crows, and reading that old a$$ thread from 2006...

Way to go Canada!

:sign0098: :beer: :D

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 03:20 PM
My bad... I spent about an hour and half collecting pictures of crows, and reading that old a$$ thread from 2006...

Way to go Canada!

:sign0098: :beer: :D

hahahahahaha....... you must have a lot of em huh?

Canada
10-26-2007, 03:31 PM
hahahahaha....still haven't sept!! I'm out!! :P

hermhater
10-26-2007, 03:35 PM
hahahahaha....still haven't sept!! I'm out!! :P

Out of beer???

Better go and spend $42!

:lol: :beer: :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
10-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Out of beer???

Better go and spend $42!

:lol: :beer: :bananen_smilies046:

Just did...good thing I am gonna get $4.80 back tomorrow!! :bananen_smilies046: I am pretty hammered already and my ride is gonna be here in 15 mins!!

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 06:04 PM
Just did...good thing I am gonna get $4.80 back tomorrow!! :bananen_smilies046: I am pretty hammered already and my ride is gonna be here in 15 mins!!

hahaha where are you headed in your state? :drunkhb::toast2::wheelchair:

hermhater
10-26-2007, 06:41 PM

hahaha where are you headed in your state? :drunkhb::toast2::wheelchair:

Canada's state?

That is a state of insanity!

Or drunkeness as you have pointed out!

:drunkhb: :bananen_smilies046:

royalswin100games
10-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Have I ever told everyone how much I love Victoria BC? Beautiful city... Bars on every corner. :toast2:

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Have I ever told everyone how much I love Victoria BC? Beautiful city... Bars on every corner. :toast2:

wheres that? :bananen_smilies046:

id love to go there!

royalswin100games
10-26-2007, 06:46 PM
wheres that? :bananen_smilies046:

id love to go there!

British Columbia. Western Canada.

hermhater
10-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Beer is just as good in a bar as at home!

Just costs more!

royalswin100games
10-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Beer is just as good in a bar as at home!

Just costs more!

Touche! An Guard! :toast2:

Canada
10-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Canada's state?

That is a state of insanity!

Or drunkeness as you have pointed out!

:drunkhb: :bananen_smilies046:

I don't remember what I did last night, but I got messaes from about 6 or 7 people wondering if I survived last night after I left my buddies!! hmmmm....any ideas??

hermhater
10-27-2007, 04:06 PM
I don't remember what I did last night, but I got messaes from about 6 or 7 people wondering if I survived last night after I left my buddies!! hmmmm....any ideas??

I say you f@rked a squirrel to death and felt bad about it so you went to confession!

What about the black eye?

:lol: :bananen_smilies046:

chief31
10-28-2007, 06:31 PM

I say you f@rked a squirrel to death and felt bad about it so you went to confession!

What about the black eye?

:lol: :bananen_smilies046:

The wife caught him with the squirrel. That's why he buried it, she made him.

hermhater
10-28-2007, 09:33 PM
The wife caught him with the squirrel. That's why he buried it, she made him.

Canada did your wife catch you with the squirrel?

Did the fur fly??

:lol: :bananen_smilies046: :D