PDA

View Full Version : Kelce fined $11,000 for jester after Miller's hit on Smith

N TX Dave
12-05-2014, 09:25 PM
I cannot believe Kelce was fined $11,000 for the little hand jester but Miller was not fined for the late hit that he left his feet and lead with his helmet to QB Smith and was penalized for, that is total BS. Tell me the NFL is not letting the Broncos do what ever they want just to get PM back to the SB so he has another chance to win it.

Chiefs4life24
12-05-2014, 10:40 PM
I find it hard to feel sorry for Travis Kelce he or any other player should know better their is no excuse for those kinds of gestures, he's old enough to know better, I don't think they get fined enough for the stupid crap they do especially when you do that on national television and children are watching they are gonna think that's ok

N TX Dave
12-06-2014, 01:04 AM
I don't mind Kelce being fined but Miller wasn't is what I don't like. What Kelce did was just dumb but it could not put anyone out of the game, what Miller did could have put Smith out for the rest of the season or ended his career worst case, look at how Smith was down after it happened and you tell me it did not hurt? You know if Houston came around the corner and hit Manning in the back like that leaving his feet and hitting with the crown of his helmet he would have been ejected from the game and fined big time, but again denver gets away with it, not even having their hands slapped by the league. It's like the teachers letting the kid get by with being a bully because that is the way he is.

Chiefs4life24
12-06-2014, 01:41 AM
It has been clear to me for a long time fining these guys is not working they make enough that they don't care if they get fined, I would start suspending these guys WITHOUT PAY if they keep doing it. I do think some of this is blown out of proportion though like slapping the QB in the helmet most of these guys wont even feel that but they through a flag anyway. It has turned a lot of these guys into big babies. I meant no disrespect.

matthewschiefs
12-06-2014, 02:39 AM
]I don't mind Kelce being fined but Miller wasn't is what I don't like[/B]. What Kelce did was just dumb but it could not put anyone out of the game, what Miller did could have put Smith out for the rest of the season or ended his career worst case, look at how Smith was down after it happened and you tell me it did not hurt? You know if Houston came around the corner and hit Manning in the back like that leaving his feet and hitting with the crown of his helmet he would have been ejected from the game and fined big time, but again denver gets away with it, not even having their hands slapped by the league. It's like the teachers letting the kid get by with being a bully because that is the way he is.

THIS

The NFL says they are all about player safety and then they allow that to go unfined. IMO a case of playing for a media favorite team

Eydugstr
12-06-2014, 08:09 AM
I don't mind Kelce being fined but Miller wasn't is what I don't like. What Kelce did was just dumb but it could not put anyone out of the game, what Miller did could have put Smith out for the rest of the season or ended his career worst case, look at how Smith was down after it happened and you tell me it did not hurt? You know if Houston came around the corner and hit Manning in the back like that leaving his feet and hitting with the crown of his helmet he would have been ejected from the game and fined big time, but again denver gets away with it, not even having their hands slapped by the league. It's like the teachers letting the kid get by with being a bully because that is the way he is.

Couldn't have said it better, N TX.

N TX Dave
12-06-2014, 12:19 PM
THIS

The NFL says they are all about player safety and then they allow that to go unfined. IMO a case of playing for a media favorite team

The NFL should do like the college game does kick the player out. If it happens in the first half it is that game only, if it happens in the second half of the game but will carry over to the first of of the next game.

Flagrant personal foul. Think of a gunner running into a punt returner who has called for a fair catch.

To me that was a flagrant foul and I don't care if it was a late hit or not, he launched at him and hit him with the crown of the helmet in the back, could of ruptured something on the inside of Smith or broke his back, he did not care how bad he hurt him.

Seek
12-08-2014, 12:55 PM
I cannot believe Kelce was fined $11,000 for the little hand jester but Miller was not fined for the late hit that he left his feet and lead with his helmet to QB Smith and was penalized for, that is total BS. Tell me the NFL is not letting the Broncos do what ever they want just to get PM back to the SB so he has another chance to win it.

I am guessing Kelce comment on Twitter also helped his fine. Many were questioning the gester he did, so he clarified. I am paraphrasing but he said, to be clear the Gester was not towards the ref, but towards the #Miller Lite who took a cheap shot hitting his QB in the head, so he was giving him a shot to the face.... He then deleted that twitter and apologized.

ctchiefsfan
12-10-2014, 04:48 AM
I guess my view on this is completely in the minority. But that's OK....I'm used to being "kinda out there".

The Kelce fine was COMPLETE BS! Kids today learn to wave the middle finger and say "F U" before 3rd grade and they don't get in trouble for it. Our schools are training our kids that that kind of behavior is OK. So NO! If we teach our kids from age 7 that that kind of behavior carries NO CONSEQUENCES then we are FOOLS to expect them to behave differently as adults.

As to the hit on Smith by Miller....IMO the penalty was appropriate. A fine would not have been. Miller left his feet and hit Smith late. The penalty was the right call. But I have watched that play many times, and I don't see Miller leading with his helmet. From watching it, as much as I hate to say it, it looks like he hit Smith with his shoulder. I don't think Miller could have "pulled off" on the hit. By the time Smith released the ball it looks to me like Miller was 100% committed to the hit so I see it as roughing the passer rather than any DELIBERATE attempt to injure. So I see no reason for a fine against Miller. I know that will pish some people off and I'm willing to watch the play again if anybody wants to post it, but nothing I have seen so far suggests a deliberate intent to injure. Football is a VIOLENT SPORT and as much as the NFL tries to remove the potential for injury they will never succeed short of turning the game into "touch football". And even that might not work.

So my opinion is that the fine against Kelce was COMPLETE BS and the penalty against Miller was the ONLY sanction that was called for.

doobs_05
12-10-2014, 12:36 PM
I guess my view on this is completely in the minority. But that's OK....I'm used to being "kinda out there".

The Kelce fine was COMPLETE BS! Kids today learn to wave the middle finger and say "F U" before 3rd grade and they don't get in trouble for it. Our schools are training our kids that that kind of behavior is OK. So NO! If we teach our kids from age 7 that that kind of behavior carries NO CONSEQUENCES then we are FOOLS to expect them to behave differently as adults.

As to the hit on Smith by Miller....IMO the penalty was appropriate. A fine would not have been. Miller left his feet and hit Smith late. The penalty was the right call. But I have watched that play many times, and I don't see Miller leading with his helmet. From watching it, as much as I hate to say it, it looks like he hit Smith with his shoulder. I don't think Miller could have "pulled off" on the hit. By the time Smith released the ball it looks to me like Miller was 100% committed to the hit so I see it as roughing the passer rather than any DELIBERATE attempt to injure. So I see no reason for a fine against Miller. I know that will pish some people off and I'm willing to watch the play again if anybody wants to post it, but nothing I have seen so far suggests a deliberate intent to injure. Football is a VIOLENT SPORT and as much as the NFL tries to remove the potential for injury they will never succeed short of turning the game into "touch football". And even that might not work.

So my opinion is that the fine against Kelce was COMPLETE BS and the penalty against Miller was the ONLY sanction that was called for.

I'm with you, the hit was not dirty (imo) or anything.