PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers

jap1
12-16-2014, 04:05 PM
So, since we need to win to get in, I wanted to take a look at this week's matchup against the Steelers.

The Steelers defense is not the steel curtain that it used to be. They are vulnerable against the pass, ranking in the 20s. They are decent against the run, ranking 11th.

In passing D, they are in the bottom ten in sacks, interceptions, touchdowns allowed, and yards/pass. They also are vulnerable to passing against TEs specifically.

In rushing D, they are in the bottom 10 in yards per attempt. They don't give up a lot of TDs, and they do cause a decent amount of fumbles.

I think we should be able to move the ball on their D. If the WRs, OL, and Alex perform at least like they did last week (hopefully a little better), then we should be able to keep their defense honest and get things going for Charles and KD, assuming they are healthy (I suspect JC's injuries are affecting him and Reid is limiting him in touches because of it). They have had a lot of injuries at CB, so I think Bowe, Wilson, and Avant should be able to get some success. Maybe this will be the game we get a WR TD? Our run game should be consistent if we can keep their safeties out of the box.

At times this year they have put up gaudy numbers on offense. They have the number two passing attack on O, but they do give up a decent number of sacks. They also have a top 10 rushing attack. I think we have a slightly above average secondary when we can keep pressure on the opposing QB. The key I think is going to be stopping the run. We did it well last week, although I think it was more because the Raiders abandoned it early. If we can keep LeVeon Bell under control, and put pressure on Roethlisberger, then we should be able to keep their high powered offense under control.

largochief1
12-16-2014, 09:04 PM
Great analysis! I was just out to dinner with my wife and the guy sitting next to us mentioned how the Steelers aren't even concerned about the Chiefs. You may also add that the majority of their fans are tools also. I live in Florida and personally enjoy most teams and their fans, the Steelers are an exception. I really hope they win.

ctchiefsfan
12-16-2014, 09:42 PM
Great analysis jap1! I agree that this game is VERY "winnable" but we are going to have to avoid the mistakes we made against the Raiders. No dumb penalties, no turnovers and Santos will have to make his kicks. I figure this game will be close and one or two missed Field Goals would probably cost us the game.

Eydugstr
12-17-2014, 03:51 AM
The Steelers are going to be tough, regardless. Seriously doubt our passing game gives any concern to their D. Lately teams have been attacking us with the plan of "Stop JC at all costs, make Alex Smith beat you with his arm" and with the exception of the last game, it's worked.

The best game plan I see to beat the Steelers is to control the time of possession, and finish off long drives with TD's. Their pass defense might not be that great but it's not like our passing game last Sunday put fear into anybody. If we run at them, we're playing into their strength defensively. Not too mention they have an incredible crowd. Big Ben will be able to audible; Smith won't.

Pro_Angler
12-19-2014, 05:32 PM
its all a matter of who the nfl wants in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!! watch if the flags or no flags affect the game.. they have benefeited the Donkeys all year and Arizona.

JPPT1974
12-19-2014, 07:10 PM
Just need to get into the playoffs. Nothing more or less!

jason1981
12-20-2014, 09:49 PM
Just need to get into the playoffs. Nothing more or less!

Why just so we can lose another playoff game? I rather miss and get a better draft spot.

ctchiefsfan
12-21-2014, 01:41 AM
Making or not making the playoffs will make little difference in where we stand in the draft. Plus we have a ton of extra picks this year, so we are good for the draft. I'd surely love for us to make the playoffs this year even if we lost in the first round. With all our injuries, free agent losses and tougher schedule, making the playoffs 2 years in a row for the first time in forever would be a HUGE step forward. That said, even going 9-7 and not making the playoffs would be the first time in forever that we had 2 winning seasons in a row.

I've never expected the Reid/Dorsey team to get us a Super Bowl in 2 years. But so long as I see constant improvement then I'll know we are on the right track.

ManuelaDR
01-01-2015, 04:21 AM
I had been only out and about for you to meal having my wife as well as the dude resting near to us talked about the way the Steelers may not be also focused on the Chiefs. It's also possible to add that the majority of their fans are usually tools likewise. I have a home in Sarasota in addition to personally take pleasure in nearly all squads in addition to their fans, the Steelers are usually a good exception to this rule. I really hope they will get.