PDA

View Full Version : alex smith

slc chief
12-21-2014, 04:27 PM
I hope some of you can see just how limited we are with him as our qb. Not a single td to a receiver all year wow. And for those who say we need to win with a dominant defense well we probably have the wrong head coach and d coordinator for that. Year in year out smith will get us what we got this year an average performance from an average qb resulting in a average record. People can deny it all they want but we won't be hosting a lombardi trophy any time soon with alex as our qb

matthewschiefs
12-21-2014, 04:28 PM
GO be a donkey fan then dumbass

NJChiefs
12-21-2014, 04:41 PM

Are you related to him in some way? Because your blind allegiance and sensitivity regarding any criticism towards him suggests so. Where would you rank him among the leagues quarterbacks? I like him. But I agree he is not among the most talented. He doesn't have the arm. And he is not the kind of QB that you believe will bring you back with a wild slinging comeback when behind by two touchdowns like you've seen Manning, Brady, Luck, Rivers, Brees, etc, etc do many times. Do you want to win a SB? The chances are slim without a top ten quarterback. I'm getting too old. I watched Super Bowl IV. I want to see another before I die.

Eydugstr
12-21-2014, 04:42 PM
This game wasn't Alex Smith's fault. Our passing game sucks from a combination of spotty O-line play and a non-existant WR corps.

slc chief
12-21-2014, 04:42 PM
what does the truth have you to butthurt little matthew. its members like you that are making this site SUCK .nobody can say anything bad about our performances without them being a donkey gaider or bolt fan. its blind fans like you that make me laugh

slc chief
12-21-2014, 04:46 PM
even tony g was agreed this morning after they stated all the steelers had do was get a lead on us cuz alex's arm could never bring us back he was right

jap1
12-21-2014, 04:49 PM
Let's say for a second that I agree with you (which I don't). What better QB is or has been available to us? Until one is available, Smith is the best we can get.

And btw, I think he is a top 10 QB. He is getting pressured on 3 step drops, and then on quick throws the WRs can't get open and don't ad lib when their route is done.

matthewschiefs
12-21-2014, 04:55 PM
what does the truth have you to butthurt little matthew. its members like you that are making this site SUCK .nobody can say anything bad about our performances without them being a donkey gaider or bolt fan. its blind fans like you that make me laugh

No its the people who hold 1 PERSON accountable for EVERYTHING AND GO ON AN ON AND ON ABOUT IT everyone else gets a hall pass.

When Alex overthrew Wilson I admit he did

But i here this line OVER AND OVER
"Alex needs to give his guys a chance to make a play"

HE DID he threw one to Bowe right on his hands he dropped it and the excuses came flying for Bowe. So pretty much Alex should be making impossible play after impossible play or he's holding us back but if the play isnt simple for the WR then he has that built in excuse

Also We were on a drive CHARLES fumbles Not a word is being mentioned about that now instead you are just whining about Alex.

Anther drive Charles dropped a pass and the drive stalled Not a word on that

DAT dropped one on a 3rd down play No a word on that.

Instead just more whineing about Alex. I have mentioned when Alex has missed a throw go look at the game threads. You will see me admiting Alex missing throws. Why is he the only ones that gets there mistakes called out?

Seems legit

slc chief
12-21-2014, 04:58 PM
no qb that cant hit his target more than 25 yards down the field is a top 10 qb .

slc chief
12-21-2014, 05:01 PM
the guy has what 3 passes all year long longer than 30 yards and you guys think he is a good qb.without Charles this team would be 2-14

jap1
12-21-2014, 05:06 PM
the guy has what 3 passes all year long longer than 30 yards and you guys think he is a good qb.without Charles this team would be 2-14

Who should we have gotten instead of Alex. Still didn't answer my question.

Lewis_Chiefs
12-21-2014, 05:12 PM
Dithering Alex Smith will never be awful but he won't be great either. He is far to hesitant with the ball in his hands and refuses to throw into tight windows. Other QB's in the league regardless of the quality of their receivers will throw into tight windows and take some risks as well as making the short and safe throws. If they don't take those risks they know that their opposition defenders will realize and sit on the "safe" routes.

The offensive line is awful and the receivers aren't great but even when Smith has plenty of time and the receivers get open Smith still hesitates and checks down for a minimal gain. There was a 2nd and 17 in today's game when we needed a touchdown on that drive, he had so much time in the pocket and what did he do? He threw it in the flat for no gain and wasted a play when we couldn't really afford to.

When teams take away the dink and dunk throws Smith can lack accuracy down field, he often under/overthrows receivers on throws of 15+ yards down field. On the longer throws I can hardly ever recall thinking something like "Smith put that in the perfect position for the receiver to make that catch". Far more often it's "The receiver had to adjust to make up for Smith under/over throwing that ball".

If we want to be decent, above average, 8-8 and dull then Smith is the answer going forward, if we're aspiring to win titles I'm starting to think we won't do that with Smith at QB. Financially from what's been said it seems that we're tied down with Smith for the next couple of years at least so I'm not expecting anything to happen on that front.

matthewschiefs
12-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Who should we have gotten instead of Alex. Still didn't answer my question.

Smith haters dont answer some questions

I have yet to here these answered

WHO IS ALEX SUPPOSE TO BE THROWING THE BALL DOWNFIELD TO.

WHY SHOULD ALEX STILL TRUST THESE GUYS WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO EARN THAT TRUST.

After the cards loss they were complaing that they didnt go downfield during the game it was pointed out time and time again they had no WRS running routes down the field so WHO WAS HE SUPPOSE TO BE THROWING DOWNFIELD TO?

I have yet to here one answer just whining

This is like 2012 all over when everyone wanted to think that all our problems were at QB. Romeo wasn't called out until much latter. I took as much heat for calling out the others as I am now back then. People dont want to look past the QB it seems

slc chief
12-21-2014, 05:15 PM
Who should we have gotten instead of Alex. Still didn't answer my question. that is a mute question the question is do we go forward with smith. If you want to break it down that way Rodgers roetlesberger eli flacco Romo were all drafted after smith.

matthewschiefs
12-21-2014, 05:19 PM

I appogize for this post

Look im not happy with the loss either but to single out 1 person after every loss time and time again is just foolish. As I have been saying for monthes we have changed QB after QB after QB Alex is number 8 since trent. What we have NEVER done is build and offense. It has always been Bowe and some average on there best day. WHY not TRY just once to BUILD AN OFFENSE instead of just changing to QB number 9

Is Alex a top 10 qb. He can be in the top 10 if there is talent around him. He played at a high level in San Fransico with talent around him not just 1 wr and a bunch of sub par guys. BUILD an offense around him and see what he can do. Until the Chiefs do that they can change qbs 35 times it won't chance much of what you see.

slc chief
12-21-2014, 05:19 PM
Not 1 300 yard performance all year .not 1 td to a receiver all year. a very very few plays over 20 yards all year. multiple sacks where he held the ball to long. Its not hard for a team to defend us stop charles thats all you have to do. Not 1 team in the nfl is scared of smith beating us with his arm. All they have to do is watch for the stupid dink and dunk passes. Hell I bet smith himself admits it at the end of the year

slc chief
12-21-2014, 05:23 PM
I appogize for this post

Look im not happy with the loss either but to single out 1 person after every loss time and time again is just foolish. As I have been saying for monthes we have changed QB after QB after QB Alex is number 8 since trent. What we have NEVER done is build and offense. It has always been Bowe and some average on there best day. WHY not TRY just once to BUILD AN OFFENSE instead of just changing to QB number 9

Is Alex a top 10 qb. He can be in the top 10 if there is talent around him. He played at a high level in San Fransico with talent around him not just 1 wr and a bunch of sub par guys. BUILD an offense around him and see what he can do. Until the Chiefs do that they can change qbs 35 times it won't chance much of what you see.
I can respect that. I just see it differant agree to dis agree. I think smith has an explosive rb I also think if bowe actually had a decent qb that could get him the ball he would of been top 10 wr in his career. He has an up and coming t/e and a decent defense. I see underperformance out of his position.thats all

Coach
12-21-2014, 05:23 PM
No name calling please.

Lewis_Chiefs
12-21-2014, 05:26 PM
Smith haters dont answer some questions

I have yet to here these answered

WHO IS ALEX SUPPOSE TO BE THROWING THE BALL DOWNFIELD TO.

WHY SHOULD ALEX STILL TRUST THESE GUYS WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO EARN THAT TRUST.

After the cards loss they were complaing that they didnt go downfield during the game it was pointed out time and time again they had no WRS running routes down the field so WHO WAS HE SUPPOSE TO BE THROWING DOWNFIELD TO?

I have yet to here one answer just whining

This is like 2012 all over when everyone wanted to think that all our problems were at QB. Romeo wasn't called out until much latter. I took as much heat for calling out the others as I am now back then. People dont want to look past the QB it seems

It gets to the stage where whether Smith has trust in the receivers or not he simply has to take chances and open the passing game up or the offence flames out once the opponents defence adapts. So the choice is to carry on dink and dunking into looming failure or attempt to fit the ball into windows down field, the former is pretty pointless for the reason given and the latter cannot only be effective and necessary to win it can also open up lanes for Charles on draw plays etc if their defenders are backing off expecting a pass.

Bowe has shown in past even with Matt Cassel that his strength is using his size and physique to go up and get the ball, Smith should be willing to trust Bowe in 1 on 1 coverage like Cassel used to. I'm not for once second saying that Cassel is as good as Smith but there is no coincidence that Bowe's best years came under Cassel who was willing to take a chance.

matthewschiefs
12-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Not 1 300 yard performance all year .not 1 td to a receiver all year. a very very few plays over 20 yards all year. multiple sacks where he held the ball to long. Its not hard for a team to defend us stop charles thats all you have to do. Not 1 team in the nfl is scared of smith beating us with his arm. All they have to do is watch for the stupid dink and dunk passes. Hell I bet smith himself admits it at the end of the year

He threw for 300 yards today he was 3 yards shy last week and there were some dropped passes but why mention that

slc chief
12-21-2014, 05:43 PM
I can only imagine how could charles would be if defenses had to respect our deep threat. As for receivers not running routes down field its because reid knows smith can't do it. Even if we draft an explosive wr that opens the field up what good does that do if he has to come back to the ball he will never develop and end up being a bust. Come on guys the whole league knows Alex smith doesn't have the arm strength or is accurate enough to implement that into our offense

matthewschiefs
12-21-2014, 05:47 PM
It gets to the stage where whether Smith has trust in the receivers or not he simply has to take chances and open the passing game up or the offence flames out once the opponents defence adapts. So the choice is to carry on dink and dunking into looming failure or attempt to fit the ball into windows down field, the former is pretty pointless for the reason given and the latter cannot only be effective and necessary to win it can also open up lanes for Charles on draw plays etc if their defenders are backing off expecting a pass.

Bowe has shown in past even with Matt Cassel that his strength is using his size and physique to go up and get the ball, Smith should be willing to trust Bowe in 1 on 1 coverage like Cassel used to. I'm not for once second saying that Cassel is as good as Smith but there is no coincidence that Bowe's best years came under Cassel who was willing to take a chance.

A lot of the choices you mentioned are Andy Reid choices not Alex Smith. Such as the Cards game. It wasn't Alex Smith's choice not to have any guys running routes downfield that was Reids choice he puts the gameplan together.

I'm glad you mentioned Cassel in Bowe. Let me go back to a game against the Colts. Cassel threw one to Bowe and Bowe made an AMAZING play. Much tougher then the play in the endzone today. Bowe has amazing talent but there has always been something in him that he can let you down as much as he can pump you up. I go to anther game against the Bucs when the Bucs had WRS going after passing and taking them to the house for tds passes that were a lot simular to the high throws that everyone complained about with Cassel. There WRS were making plays Bowe seemed to be a no show. That's not something that started with Alex. It has always been there. Same with a lot of our offensive problems. We've time and time again changed the qb. We have never built around that QB. When it comes to the passing game it has always been Bowe or bust. Other teams no that. They plan for it. Changing QBS won't change that unless we make other big time changes.

aug61945
12-21-2014, 06:00 PM
it takes time for a receiver to get down field and get separation. Qb has to have time to set and locate.
now I agree that smith has a short mental time clock. But it is a learned response.
I don't care who was at Qb today they need more time than smith got today

aug61945
12-21-2014, 06:01 PM
what kills me is that we have no answer when it doesn't work

Eydugstr
12-21-2014, 06:01 PM
He threw for 300 yards today he was 3 yards shy last week and there were some dropped passes but why mention that

Re-quoted for truth. It's not the QB. Our WR's aren't cutting it.

aug61945
12-21-2014, 06:04 PM
Didn't run 1 screen, no slants, nothing over the short middle with our backs

Lewis_Chiefs
12-21-2014, 06:05 PM
A lot of the choices you mentioned are Andy Reid choices not Alex Smith. Such as the Cards game. It wasn't Alex Smith's choice not to have any guys running routes downfield that was Reids choice he puts the gameplan together.

I'm glad you mentioned Cassel in Bowe. Let me go back to a game against the Colts. Cassel threw one to Bowe and Bowe made an AMAZING play. Much tougher then the play in the endzone today. Bowe has amazing talent but there has always been something in him that he can let you down as much as he can pump you up. I go to anther game against the Bucs when the Bucs had WRS going after passing and taking them to the house for tds passes that were a lot simular to the high throws that everyone complained about with Cassel. There WRS were making plays Bowe seemed to be a no show. That's not something that started with Alex. It has always been there. Same with a lot of our offensive problems. We've time and time again changed the qb. We have never built around that QB. When it comes to the passing game it has always been Bowe or bust. Other teams no that. They plan for it. Changing QBS won't change that unless we make other big time changes.

You mention the lack of trust Smith has in his receivers because they haven't shown that they can make the plays,if Reid's play calling is the problem do you think that Reid has a lack of trust in Smith and doesn't believe that he has the accuracy, arm strength or confidence throwing down field? And if so is that lack of trust warranted ? Smith hasn't shown me he can make the tough throws on a consistent basis.

The QB position had been a problem for a number of years partly because of the reason you mention but also because we always seem to settle for someone else's cast off's. SF where finished with Smith, NE with Cassel, Huard was cut by several teams, this could go back for 10 years since the Trent Green era. Why don't we realize that the chances of getting a stellar QB in free agency or via a trade are minute, it's been 30 years since we took a QB in the first round and fully bought in to developing our own QB.

aug61945
12-21-2014, 06:06 PM
smith had time when we played the raiders and we stretched the field

aug61945
12-21-2014, 06:10 PM
There is problems in KC Smith being one of the least

aug61945
12-21-2014, 06:11 PM
Once again NEXT YEAR

matthewschiefs
12-21-2014, 06:16 PM
Re-quoted for truth. It's not the QB. Our WR's aren't cutting it.

It's the offense as a whole I don't mean for one secound to say Alex is blameless. Again good look at the game threads I have made a number of post saying when Alex misses a guy. I said he overthrew Wilson when he did.

What gets me is everyone is more then willing to throw the QB under the bus for EVERY miss throw every guy he didnt see. But when it comes time to point at everyone else they are quiet. I was the only one to mention Bowe's endzone drop. YES it was a drop. Did a defender make a play yes. But its the WRs job to catch the ball. No one called Bowe. Or Charles for the fumble and his drop. Instead threads like this are made singleing out the QB. It has always been this way. A lot of our problems are not QB related at all. Look at the fumbles. There was a video posted of a downfield throw to Avant. IN that video you see anther big problem guys just quitting on plays. Kelice was the offender that time. He was just standing there stareing at Alex. UMmm what is that going to do? This is a team with an problem offense. Alex IS an offender at times but his sins are no where close to the ones coming from the so called WRs and O line.

jap1
12-21-2014, 06:25 PM
that is a mute question the question is do we go forward with smith. If you want to break it down that way Rodgers roetlesberger eli flacco Romo were all drafted after smith.

None of them were available to US though. That is what I am saying. And there isn't anyone available right now or this offseason that is better than Smith either. If there were I would consider moving forward. Even if you wanted to trade all your picks to get the number one and draft Mariota, he is going to take a year or two to develop.

jap1
12-21-2014, 06:30 PM
Didn't run 1 screen, no slants, nothing over the short middle with our backs

Nt sure which game you were watching, but I saw a lot of screens and passes to RBs (Charles dropped a couple).

slc chief
12-21-2014, 06:34 PM
It's the offense as a whole I don't mean for one secound to say Alex is blameless. Again good look at the game threads I have made a number of post saying when Alex misses a guy. I said he overthrew Wilson when he did.

What gets me is everyone is more then willing to throw the QB under the bus for EVERY miss throw every guy he didnt see. But when it comes time to point at everyone else they are quiet. I was the only one to mention Bowe's endzone drop. YES it was a drop. Did a defender make a play yes. But its the WRs job to catch the ball. No one called Bowe. Or Charles for the fumble and his drop. Instead threads like this are made singleing out the QB. It has always been this way. A lot of our problems are not QB related at all. Look at the fumbles. There was a video posted of a downfield throw to Avant. IN that video you see anther big problem guys just quitting on plays. Kelice was the offender that time. He was just standing there stareing at Alex. UMmm what is that going to do? This is a team with an problem offense. Alex IS an offender at times but his sins are no where close to the ones coming from the so called WRs and O line.
It is no secret the qb his held to a higher standard then the rest of the team he is the captain of the whole ship. And when you under perform like smith has it is on him to correct it. But he can't his smarts for the game and conservative approach will only take him so far.his lack of arm and inaccurate deep ball has been exposed He has reached his ceiling this offense has been exposed from a defensive coordinator stand point it is not hard at all to defend. His mediocricy showed up in the latter half of the season and our non playoff trip record shows it.

slc chief
12-21-2014, 06:44 PM
Erick decker last year tore it up with a good qb. This year what has he done garbage. Branden lafell garbage last year this year with brady very serviceable wr. Greg jennings unstoppable with rodgers meh since h e went to Minnesota. As a wr you would think it gets old running routes for alex smith if you know he is never gonna get you the ball. The qb is a huge key in a wr's development and performance. Unfortunately kc is going to be a place for wr's to, retire at while smith is here. They will avoid coming here like the plague

doobs_05
12-21-2014, 06:51 PM
Guys, it's never Alex's fault

Just like it was never Cassel's fault.

Alex QB play today was terrible. I don't even know if the dude makes audibles or has the WR change routes.

He's the same as cassel, except he won't risk a pass and he won't let WR makes plays, that Pass to bowe in the endzone should of been a jump ball.

The offense as a whole (and play calling) was terrible. 9 TOUCHES FOR OUR BEST PLAYER?!?!?!?!?!

slc chief
12-21-2014, 06:59 PM

Alex QB play today was terrible. I don't even know if the dude makes audibles or has the WR change routes.

He's the same as cassel, except he won't risk a pass and he won't let WR makes plays, that Pass to bowe in the endzone should of been a jump ball.

The offense as a whole (and play calling) was terrible. 9 TOUCHES FOR OUR BEST PLAYER?!?!?!?!?!
Well said cassell 101 all over again maybe aaron murray will have a hell of a camp next year

doobs_05
12-21-2014, 07:04 PM
Well said cassell 101 all over again maybe aaron murray will have a hell of a camp next year

If Murray was good, wouldn't he of beat out Daniels......

I want alex to succeed (because he is the chiefs QB) but i can't take this 1 yard dump passes on 3rd and long

aug61945
12-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Season

Team

GP

Rating

Att

Comp

Pct

Yds

TD

INT

Att

Yds

TD

Kansas City Chiefs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Chiefs)

Montana 1981 - 3518 Yards, 19 TDs and a 88 QBR.
2014 14 93.9 64.9 2954 18

Could be worse and what if he had help

aug61945
12-21-2014, 07:11 PM
im not saying there is no room for improvement ( now that would be blind )
but here is someone to build a offense around

Lewis_Chiefs
12-21-2014, 07:20 PM
Season

Team
GP
Rating
Att
Comp
Pct
Yds
TD
INT
Att
Yds
TD

You can't accurately compare stats from over 30 years ago to now, the game has changed so much.

NJChiefs
12-21-2014, 07:46 PM
Season
Team
GP
Rating
Att
Comp
Pct
Yds
TD
INT
Att
Yds
TD

You're not seriously comparing Smith to Montana? Montana got the Chiefs to the AFC championship game when he was well past his prime. The only Chief QB worthy of that comparison is Dawson. I've seen far too many mediocre QBs take this team no further than mediocrity for decades now. A few were very good (Trent Green). But the majority were at least more exciting than Alex Smith. I understand when the Smith fan boys (you know who you are) say that the blame needs to be spread around. However, the QB is BY FAR (and I mean very far) the most important position on the team, and there are many QBs in this league that would have taken this team further with the talent at hand than Alex has. I like him. He's intelligent, humble and a good guy. He just doesn't have the same talent. Are all the expert analysts out there wrong when they call him a game manager and captain checkdown? He has that reputation for a reason. And for those that see the glass half full, that "just need one more win" to make the season successful even though we don't make the playoffs ... sorry, competitors don't think that way. We were in a position to win the division. I'm certain that had we sucked one year earlier and had gotten Luck in the draft, that we would be sailing into the playoffs now.

Ryfo18
12-21-2014, 09:32 PM
We'll probably be having this same discussion next year re: Smith. That's what happens when your organization is in constant QB purgatory. The miss to Albert Wilson today was huge. Ben, Rivers, Peyton, etc. make that throw 99% of the time. Alex misses it the rare time he throws it deep. It's gross.

Bike
12-21-2014, 09:49 PM
Alex Smith is a serviceable quarterback. There - I said it.

jap1
12-21-2014, 10:14 PM
You're not seriously comparing Smith to Montana? Montana got the Chiefs to the AFC championship game when he was well past his prime. The only Chief QB worthy of that comparison is Dawson. I've seen far too many mediocre QBs take this team no further than mediocrity for decades now. A few were very good (Trent Green). But the majority were at least more exciting than Alex Smith. I understand when the Smith fan boys (you know who you are) say that the blame needs to be spread around. However, the QB is BY FAR (and I mean very far) the most important position on the team, and there are many QBs in this league that would have taken this team further with the talent at hand than Alex has. I like him. He's intelligent, humble and a good guy. He just doesn't have the same talent. Are all the expert analysts out there wrong when they call him a game manager and captain checkdown? He has that reputation for a reason. And for those that see the glass half full, that "just need one more win" to make the season successful even though we don't make the playoffs ... sorry, competitors don't think that way. We were in a position to win the division. I'm certain that had we sucked one year earlier and had gotten Luck in the draft, that we would be sailing into the playoffs now.

I will agree that Luck may be a better QB. But the reality is we didn't have the number one then. What were our options two years ago or even now. Smith isn't the best QB, but he was the best we could get or can get. Do you want us to trade our whole draft to get Mariota and put him behind this horrible OL to throw to bad WRs? It will be 2 years before he gets the game enough to do well enough to take us deep in the playoffs, especially if he spends most of that time running for his life. By then JC will be 30+ and is not likely to be performing anywhere near this level. Smith is the best QB we can get, so either blow up the team to take a gamble on a rookie, or build a team around Smith like they did in SF.

I honestly think he can be a good QB if he has a decent OL and can trust his WRs. I think we are a couple pieces away from that standing and we can get there this offseason. A good draft and a couple FAs and I think our team will be deep in the playoffs.

For those saying Smith cannot throw deep, did you see him in SF? He would when they were open deep. He completed deep passes last year in the playoff game. He's not going to be Montana, or Rodgers, or Manning. But he can be a second tier QB that can get a great team to the playoffs.

aug61945
12-21-2014, 10:44 PM
You can bet your *** Arizona would like to have smith right now
Stop your *****ing

NJChiefs
12-21-2014, 10:50 PM
But he can be a second tier QB that can get a great team to the playoffs.

Exactly. But I want a first tier quarterback that can get a good team to the superbowl. Its been over forty years man. I know he was the best that we could get at the time. And I know we can't salvage the future to gamble on a rookie. I don't know what the answer is. But I just wish the fan boys would take their blinders off and stop fantasizing that we have the answer but just need to build a team around him. No. He needs to use what he has. He has Charles, Kelce, Bowe and a great defense. A half a dozen or more QBs in this league could have gotten us to the Super Bowl with that.

aug61945
12-21-2014, 11:00 PM
Yeah guys I know football and I'm not a flipping moron
I know there is no comparison in the league since 1981
but it sure turned up the volume

aug61945
12-21-2014, 11:11 PM
All BS aside I am up for anything that makes it better than it's been.

aug61945
12-21-2014, 11:15 PM
Cut Smith, get rid of Coach anyone who is screwing it up.
Forty years is crap. If you go back thru our history most years
are less than .500

aug61945
12-21-2014, 11:17 PM
So your expectations are what, just another year as a Chiefs fan SSDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matthewschiefs
12-21-2014, 11:27 PM

!

This is BS

People defending Alex DO point the finger of blame at Alex when its time to. Again go back through the game threads when Alex overthrew Wilson I didnt blame Wilson I said it was overthrown.

The difference is we dont single him out and pretend everyone else was fine.

Alex DID give Bowe a Change IN THE ENDZONE. Bowe Couldnt Catch it so Alex sucks? WTF sense does that make? The ball hit the wr right in the hands What more could a QB do for the #1 WR? He cant catch it.

Who fumbled today when they were driving Alex? No it was Charles. Charles the dropped anther one so that means Alex sucks? What sense does that make. Charles made some mistakes that hurt but no one wants to talk about that its easier to make 1 scapegoat and hold him responsable right?

Thomas also dropped a pass on 3rd down hit him right in the hands Again what more could Alex do for him.

This isn't a one time thing over the course of the year we have seen an O line not give anyone much of a chance we have seen WRS drop passes over and over again we have seen the WRS quit on plays. We have seen one wr with open path to the endzone step out of bounds. We have seen this team grab a guy off the wavier wire who his first 2 weeks outplayed our Number 1 WR. But all you guys want to talk about is the QBs mistakes

you're right this is just like Cassel no one else can be held accountable. If the QB misses one throw he has just lost the game. Dont worry about all those other mistakes.

matthewschiefs
12-21-2014, 11:35 PM
I don't no about it being a td but it would have least put us in FG range

A defender wasnt much behind him so he may have gotten him but he defently would have been in great position if it were not overthrown

From Today me saying the ball was overthrown

Alex just missed that throw to Bowe Damn

Cards game Me again pointing the blame at Alex when he missed a throw.

NO ONE is saying Alex is blameless. But we don't just focus on his mistakes. THERE IS MORE TO FOOTBALL Then the QB

Justin5772002
12-22-2014, 12:16 AM
Not fair to say that, Alex had a 294 yard passing game and got pulled with plenty of time to break that mark

matthewschiefs
12-22-2014, 12:55 AM
Not fair to say that, Alex had a 294 yard passing game and got pulled with plenty of time to break that mark

He threw for 300 today but that wont get mentioned

OMGLadyGaga
12-22-2014, 01:00 AM
I really don't understand why Mathew takes it upon himself to be captain-save-a-crappy-qb. The constant rushing to Cassel's defense and now Alex Smith is rather annoying. Yes, the entire team is 8-7 not just Alex, don't condescend us like we don't know that this is a team sport. But QB is the most important position on the field and is the position that has the highest impact on games. It's silly to think that a better qb wouldn't get more out of these guys. Alex can be successful when surrounded by lots of top-notch talent, we don't have that. Truly good franchise qbs make those guys better, and don't go into game manager mode for the entire game -even when we need a touchdown in late game situations.

I made a post before the Denver game saying why I don't think we had much of a shot at the playoffs, because we can't throw the ball down field. It's just not possible with our qb, even when he has time the hesitation, the afraid to make a mistake decisions, if his first option is covered he doesn't scan much his first instinct is to tuck it and run for a 3 yard gain. Most of our losses have come down to situations at the end of the game where Alex has the ball with a chance to score and win the game- at Denver, at SF, at Oakland, at AZ....those latter two just wow. We got a great kickoff return against oakland, starting from the 40ish against a bad team. Alex (game)managed a solid 20 yards before the fail. At AZ we have under a minute and he's throwing the ball sideways, lol. Unreal. There's more examples but that's good enough, no need beating a dead horse.

In today's NFL, a single player (the qb) can be the difference between a 12-4 team and a 4-12 team. Don't believe me? Tell me how good the packers would be without Rodgers. In fact put Alex Smith on the Packers and Rodgers on the Chiefs, we might be 16-0. No hyperbole.

The truth is I love Alex Smith, great guy, the team likes him, says the right things, is competitive, very smart, wish him the best. But we will never win a super bowl with him, and the sooner the powers that be realize that, the better. Average to decent qbs win super bowls (Flacco, Eli) but those guys bombed it when they had to, and could push the ball down field, Eli beating the packers in lambeau and the pats in the super bowl due to his fearlessness in getting the ball down field, with no conscience extending drives. Alex Smith would check down on third and long to give his defense good field position, with Rodgers and Brady on the opposite side. Thats the difference. Same with Flacco, what he and Boldin did to the Patriots and dropping 31 in denver even before the rahim Moore play. Gotta take risks, theres too much variance in a single football game to think otherwise.

matthewschiefs
12-22-2014, 01:10 AM
Fine whatever go on thinking changing QBs is the end of the problems YET AGAIN

I stay off Chiefs planet for the constant *****ing about the QB guess i will have to stay off here we can only hold 1 person accountable i guess hall pass for everyone else Fine

OMGLadyGaga
12-22-2014, 01:12 AM
Someone who doesn't throw it sideways *might* be an upgrade, but hey we are all wrong and you are right. Lol

matthewschiefs
12-22-2014, 02:10 AM
Someone who doesn't throw it sideways *might* be an upgrade, but hey we are all wrong and you are right. Lol

People with knowledge of the game of football have high respect for Alex so does Andy Reid. I'm sure you're just so much smarter then them all.

The W/L record for Alex is pretty damn good as well. But who cares about that when we can whine about throwing downfield and who really cares that the games he had the highest YPC last season we lost. I mean he was throwing downfield so we should all be happy right?

The fact is the people who constantly whine about the QBs are the same ones who before Alex took one snap in KC made up there minds that he sucks. So after every loss it's all his fault and they will show up to whine and moan about the QB

I have posted a couple of post I have made throughout the year of me saying when Alex didnt get the job done Here's anther couple

Alex has to take better care of the ball then that even if there is a flag on the field you never know for sure what they are going to call. Come on Alex you're better then that

WTF was that Alex

Alex has to protect the ball if he is going to run

I can go find more. The truth is I point the finger at Alex Smith just like I do everyone else. But I just dont go around holding him to the impossible standards of Smith Haters. Sorry That's just me.

jap1
12-22-2014, 03:29 AM
A half a dozen or more QBs in this league could have gotten us to the Super Bowl with that.

I strongly disagree with this statement. I don't think the rest of our team is that good. Bowe is a second tier WR at his best. He hasn't been at his best in awhile. Our D has a number of weaknesses, mostly due to injuries. I thnk there are maybe four or five QBs who could have taken this team to the house.

If we don't have the answer, and their isn't one available, the only option is to build around it until an option is available.

nigeriannightmare
12-22-2014, 07:22 AM

I like Alex Smith and I want him to have success. He seems to be a leader and strong locker room presence. He IS good for this team. Like anyone else who gets continually pummeled on simple three step drops I can understand him being hesitant. With that said the wide open Wilson this yell was. Sure TD and the wide open DAT last week is cause for concern. Those weren't difficult throws and were missed terribly. That's all I got. So effing demoralized right now. Always a bridesmaid never a bride.

doobs_05
12-22-2014, 11:05 AM
Alex DID give Bowe a Change IN THE ENDZONE. Bowe Couldnt Catch it so Alex sucks? WTF sense does that make? The ball hit the wr right in the hands What more could a QB do for the #1 WR? He cant catch it.

Bowe had the height advantage on the CB, instead, Alex puts in in front of him for the CB to put a arm and there and jar it loose. Bowe was bigger than that CB, throw it high, have bowe go up for it (and most likely) come down with it.

slc chief
12-22-2014, 01:13 PM
Bowe had the height advantage on the CB, instead, Alex puts in in front of him for the CB to put a arm and there and jar it loose. Bowe was bigger than that CB, throw it high, have bowe go up for it (and most likely) come down with it.
90 percent of qbs in the league puts that ball up high so the receiver has a better chance. Bowe didnt drop it Matthews the defender was given a chance to ruin the play. Smith should of let bowe use his height advantage no doubt

matthewschiefs
12-22-2014, 01:19 PM
So hitting a WR in the hands with a pass isn't good enough anymore got it

doobs_05
12-22-2014, 01:24 PM
So hitting a WR in the hands with a pass isn't good enough anymore got it

...Not when you have a WR like bowe who can go up and come down with it. yes he hit his hands but the defender was right there to make a play. That ball goes high, 90% sure bowe comes down with it

matthewschiefs
12-22-2014, 02:10 PM
The sarcastic comment was made in here that it was never Alex's fault

well apperently its never anyone BUT Alex.

Late Denver game driving to tie the game Alex completes a pass to Avery,. Avery then fumbles "Alex couldnt get the job done"

Late Cards game Driving to try to tie or take the lead Alex Completes a pass to Kelce who like Avery then fumbles "Alex didn't get the job done"

Yesterday we have a Charles fumble a Charles drop DAT drop a Bowe Drop YES that was a drop. You haters who only show up to bash Alex after a loss can make every excuse in the book for Bowe but that was a drop. But Alex Made an overthrow so all of that is forgiven and "Alex can't get the job done"

But I'm done with this enjoy your B****fest

doobs_05
12-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Bowe caught that pass and the DB broke it up. Even Trent Green thought that the placement of the ball was odd. I even said the Oline, WR, and play calling was bad yesterday, but if anyone ever makes one criticism of Alex smith, we are considered haters. The fumble sucked, the line sucked, the over throw sucked, the dump offs suck, the missed open wr suck, the playing calling sucks. I questioned if Alex even audible or changes up WR routes at the line or scrimmage or does he just get a play and say "that'll do". Does Andy Reid and the OC have plays drawn up where Alex must throw to the check down (non-screen) Even one play call they had 3 WR on the left and Alex got flushed out to the right, but since all his wr are to the left, he can't make a play. Does Alex deserve the most blame, no!, but does he deserve some, yes! Alex does enough not to lose the game, but when you put the load on his back, he buckles. I'm also pretty sure everyone here who has said a bad thing about alex would gladly eat a whole pot of crow if he were to be the QB on the team that wins a playoff game and super bowl.

matthewschiefs
12-22-2014, 03:30 PM
, but if anyone ever makes one criticism of Alex smith, we are considered haters.

BS

I have posted in this thread many post I've made saying when Alex didn't get the job done. Again go look in the game threads there are more then I've posted here. But I'm still labled as a blind defender even after I have given Alex Criticism

What makes you haters is threads like this after every loss.

Lets take threads like these and apply them to someone else. Lets use yesterday Charles fumbled and he dropped a pass. So I can make a thread on how Charles didnt get the job done? That would be nonsense don't you think. Considering the mistakes made by everyone else including Alex and his overthrow to wilson. There's a big difference in criticism and blind hate. Threads like these are just blind hate. And they are 100% done by people who have been whineing about Alex since the moment the trade was made.

doobs_05
12-22-2014, 03:56 PM
Since this a Alex smith thread, let's go ahead and change it so it's not a blind hate thread. Does Andy Reid and/or the OC trust Alex smith to make plays? Are their plays designed so Smith does thrown 3 yard passes on 3rd and long? Does Andy allow Alex to do audible at the line and/or change WR routes?

doobs_05
12-22-2014, 05:38 PM
Also, you can't really blame the defense this year (maybe just a little)
And to further illustrate how pathetic our offense is, our defense has given up a high of 29 points this year, yet we have seven losses. In those seven losses, the opposing team has scored 26, 24, 22, 24, 29, 17 and 20. Only Detroit’s (252) and Seattle’s (248) defenses have allowed fewer points than ours (274) yet we still have seven losses! Also, in 6 of those 7 losses, we were down at half time.

Eydugstr
12-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Does Andy Reid and/or the OC trust Alex smith to make plays?

Well, yeah seeing as how they gave him the contract extension and all...Not to mention the fact that Reid went right after Alex Smith from word go.

Are their plays designed so Smith does thrown 3 yard passes on 3rd and long?

It's a west coast offense. West coast offenses generally take that approach on any play, and yes they're very guilty of situations where it's 3 and 15 and they throw for a 3yd dump off. Sometimes it's thrown because it's the only option the defense leaves them.

Does Andy allow Alex to do audible at the line and/or change WR routes?

Audibles at Heinz stadium aren't that easy unless you've completely taken their crowd out of the game.

But okay, since the dartboard sales group has determined that Alex Smith isn't getting the job done, who would you have taken and what abilities would that QB bring that would have turned this season into a better one? Please explain to me how the critical drops that have happened when the ball has hit the reciever in the hands or numbers is Alex's fault. Lemme guess, Alex throws a weird spin on the ball, right?

slc chief
12-22-2014, 08:32 PM
Heinz field is not a loud place to play they have a hard time even getting it to sale out hince why the team called the fans out last week. And lets flip Alex's criticism his receiver s have done nothing but drop every beautifully thrown ball by alex right. The west coast offense is designed as the short dump off to be your third checkdown at the very least your second alex panics can't get through his progressions and doesn't see the whole field and settles on his 2 nd

NJChiefs
12-22-2014, 11:00 PM
Anybody watching MNF? Does anyone think we wouldn't be in the SB if we had Peyton Manning? Yeah, I know ... We don't have him. Alex was the best option at the time. Blah, blah, blah. He won't get it done. Nice guy, but he won't get it done. I am just so tired of mediocre quarterbacks. Premiere quarterbacks don't need to be surrounded by All-Pro players at every position to get it done.

matthewschiefs
12-22-2014, 11:53 PM
Anybody watching MNF? Does anyone think we wouldn't be in the SB if we had Peyton Manning? Yeah, I know ... We don't have him. Alex was the best option at the time. Blah, blah, blah. He won't get it done. Nice guy, but he won't get it done. I am just so tired of mediocre quarterbacks. Premiere quarterbacks don't need to be surrounded by All-Pro players at every position to get it done.

ummmm have you seen Peytons playoff record. He had Marvin Harrison Reggie Wayne Edgrin James Dallas Clark and couldnt get to the superbowl FOOTBALL IS MORE THEN THE QB.

In fact as I have stated before the year Peyton got his ring was his worst year numberwise he had more turnovers then tds. They didn't win the superbowl because Peyton Manning was there QB

The obsession people have with the QB spot is just mind blowing. Yes it's the most important spot on the field but if QB was everything Manning would have more rings then Trent Differ as a starter.

Anther thing I don't understand is why people are so opposed to building an actual offense. Lets say we do that and give Alex a chance and he does suck ok then we find someone else and already have a good pieces for that new QB to use. I just never understand the hate for one spot or the opposition they have to build pieces around a QB

Eydugstr
12-23-2014, 12:12 AM
Heinz field is not a loud place to play they have a hard time even getting it to sale out hince why the team called the fans out last week.

Bull poo. Heinz is a newer stadium and the acoustics in it were designed from the ground up to be loud. There was no shortage of yellow towels last sunday.

And lets flip Alex's criticism his receiver s have done nothing but drop every beautifully thrown ball by alex right. The west coast offense is designed as the short dump off to be your third checkdown at the very least your second alex panics can't get through his progressions and doesn't see the whole field and settles on his 2 nd

Never said every ball thrown by Alex was perfectly thrown. But have seen a lot of passes hit these WR's in the hands or numbers and not get hauled in. How you can "flip" that, don't understand. If the recievers had cut those drops in half, we'd have a different season altogether. Also, if our recievers could get better separation, Alex probably wouldn't have to hold on to the ball as much, or at least go through a shorter progression list!!

Again, I'll ask the question...Exactly who would you have taken instead of Alex Smith?

N TX Dave
12-23-2014, 12:49 AM
Again, I'll ask the question...Exactly who would you have taken instead of Alex Smith?

Geno Smith was who most/many wanted instead of Alex Smith.

doobs_05
12-23-2014, 01:09 AM
Well, yeah seeing as how they gave him the contract extension and all...Not to mention the fact that Reid went right after Alex Smith from word go.

It's a west coast offense. West coast offenses generally take that approach on any play, and yes they're very guilty of situations where it's 3 and 15 and they throw for a 3yd dump off. Sometimes it's thrown because it's the only option the defense leaves them.

Audibles at Heinz stadium aren't that easy unless you've completely taken their crowd out of the game.

But okay, since the dartboard sales group has determined that Alex Smith isn't getting the job done, who would you have taken and what abilities would that QB bring that would have turned this season into a better one? Please explain to me how the critical drops that have happened when the ball has hit the reciever in the hands or numbers is Alex's fault. Lemme guess, Alex throws a weird spin on the ball, right?

So we're not allowed to talk about smith flaws? I have been saying everything on offense has sucked. Play calling has sucked. Alex deserves some criticism, not all but some.

Eydugstr
12-23-2014, 02:32 AM
So we're not allowed to talk about smith flaws? I have been saying everything on offense has sucked. Play calling has sucked. Alex deserves some criticism, not all but some.

Nobody's allowing/disallowing you from doing anything, Doobs.

Eydugstr
12-23-2014, 03:15 AM
ummmm have you seen Peytons playoff record. He had Marvin Harrison Reggie Wayne Edgrin James Dallas Clark and couldnt get to the superbowl FOOTBALL IS MORE THEN THE QB.

In fact as I have stated before the year Peyton got his ring was his worst year numberwise he had more turnovers then tds. They didn't win the superbowl because Peyton Manning was there QB

The obsession people have with the QB spot is just mind blowing. Yes it's the most important spot on the field but if QB was everything Manning would have more rings then Trent Differ as a starter.

Anther thing I don't understand is why people are so opposed to building an actual offense. Lets say we do that and give Alex a chance and he does suck ok then we find someone else and already have a good pieces for that new QB to use. I just never understand the hate for one spot or the opposition they have to build pieces around a QB

Good post m/c. Definitely agree about building the offense.

The obsession that people have about QB's, sometimes I think that's more public perception than actual accomplishment. If the public perception is good, all is forgiven when they don't produce.

It's also a door that swings both ways. If the perception is negative when they come into the picture...No matter what they accomplish, it's never enough.

Far as I'm concerned Alex Smith has passed two litmus tests 1) His performance in last year's playoff game and 2) Ask yourself how much has changed in SF now that he's not there.

slc chief
12-23-2014, 10:23 AM
Bull poo. Heinz is a newer stadium and the acoustics in it were designed from the ground up to be loud. There was no shortage of yellow towels last sunday.

Never said every ball thrown by Alex was perfectly thrown. But have seen a lot of passes hit these WR's in the hands or numbers and not get hauled in. How you can "flip" that, don't understand. If the recievers had cut those drops in half, we'd have a different season altogether. Also, if our recievers could get better separation, Alex probably wouldn't have to hold on to the ball as much, or at least go through a shorter progression list!!

Again, I'll ask the question...Exactly who would you have taken instead of Alex Smith? here is the answer to your question you want answered so badley. Who the hell cares who we could have got besides smith. The real question is do we move forward with him. Look I want smith to work out as bad as anyone he is from utah I went to school with a few of his team mates on the teams alex was on for the utes and still remain in contact with them. But he is under performing as an nfl quarterback for us.do we put all our eggs in the alex smith basket to be mediocre for the next 5 years then absolutely tank after that. or do we come to the realization like green bay and new england did. And realize we need to keep an eye out for the guy that can get us over the top. As far as his receivers sucking alex has some blame there to. A great qb makes his receivers better if emanuel sanders came to k.c it would have been a great addition for us. But you dont think the thought of catching passes from smith compared to manning changed his decision. No way he has the year for us that he has had in denver because alex smith is limited as a qb.

doobs_05
12-23-2014, 10:50 AM
To be fair, NE didn't really look for Brady (6th round), they were going with Bledsoe but he got injured and Brady just played better. It might take 3 years to get the o-line we want (Cowboys line coming together after drafting them in the first couple rounds the last 3 years) and by then Alex will be 33, Charles speed and play making ability might be lower, and we'd be taking shots at WR in the later rounds. KC would be rebuilding.....again, but some how KC FO would some how mess It up. Also if Cincy wins a playoff game this year, wouldn't we be the team with the longest playoff win drought?

matthewschiefs
12-23-2014, 12:58 PM
Good post m/c. Definitely agree about building the offense.

The obsession that people have about QB's, sometimes I think that's more public perception than actual accomplishment. If the public perception is good, all is forgiven when they don't produce.

It's also a door that swings both ways. If the perception is negative when they come into the picture...No matter what they accomplish, it's never enough.

Far as I'm concerned Alex Smith has passed two litmus tests 1) His performance in last year's playoff game and 2) Ask yourself how much has changed in SF now that he's not there.

Public perception is a big part of it for sure. We live in a world when it comes to football that most either give the QB all the credit when they haven't earned it at that time or all the blame when it's not deserved. Alex is a part of the later for sure.

I use the Manning example as the case in point. People use his name when saying you have to have a top level QB to win the superbowl well like I said they didn't win that superbowl because of him in a lot of ways they won inspite of him because he was turning the ball over all postseason. He threw 3 picks in the first playoff game against us. If we had a HC who knew how to put an offensive gameplan together he wouldn't have made it past the first round. But since he is a big name people don't look at that they just assume he carried them to a title.

I have a good friend who is a 49ers fan when we first made the trade for him he was happy as can be. Now he would take Alex back.

matthewschiefs
12-23-2014, 01:07 PM
here is the answer to your question you want answered so badley. Who the hell cares who we could have got besides smith. The real question is do we move forward with him. Look I want smith to work out as bad as anyone he is from utah I went to school with a few of his team mates on the teams alex was on for the utes and still remain in contact with them. But he is under performing as an nfl quarterback for us.do we put all our eggs in the alex smith basket to be mediocre for the next 5 years then absolutely tank after that. or do we come to the realization like green bay and new england did. And realize we need to keep an eye out for the guy that can get us over the top. As far as his receivers sucking alex has some blame there to. A great qb makes his receivers better if emanuel sanders came to k.c it would have been a great addition for us. But you dont think the thought of catching passes from smith compared to manning changed his decision. No way he has the year for us that he has had in denver because alex smith is limited as a qb.

So let me ask you my questions what would be so bad about building an offense instead of just YET AGAIN pluging in anther QB. Lets say we do and give Alex a chance and he still fails don't you think we would be better off with an offense that actually had weapons in the passing game that people had to respect outside of Bowe for the next QB?

People go on about how this team hasn't drafted a qb yada yada yada when was the last time they actually had more the Bowe at WR? What this franchise needs to do is BUILD A FREAKING OFFENSE. Not just go on seeing if this qb can make it work with Bowe and whatever average at best WRs they can find. That's what I want. Build that offense see if Alex can get it done. IF not then it's time to move on for sure. But we would be in a MUCH better spot for the next QB if we had someone outside of Bowe that people had to respect.

Albert Wilson might get there I have liked what I have seen from him as of late. But he's a rookie and still growing as a player so he's not there yet.

slc chief
12-23-2014, 01:56 PM
So let me ask you my questions what would be so bad about building an offense instead of just YET AGAIN pluging in anther QB. Lets say we do and give Alex a chance and he still fails don't you think we would be better off with an offense that actually had weapons in the passing game that people had to respect outside of Bowe for the next QB?

People go on about how this team hasn't drafted a qb yada yada yada when was the last time they actually had more the Bowe at WR? What this franchise needs to do is BUILD A FREAKING OFFENSE. Not just go on seeing if this qb can make it work with Bowe and whatever average at best WRs they can find. That's what I want. Build that offense see if Alex can get it done. IF not then it's time to move on for sure. But we would be in a MUCH better spot for the next QB if we had someone outside of Bowe that people had to respect.

Albert Wilson might get there I have liked what I have seen from him as of late. But he's a rookie and still growing as a player so he's not there yet.
That doesn't always work look at the bills Sammy watkins a beast Robert woods a very good #2 cj spiller fred jackson an awesome defense a good offensive line and look how horrible e.j Manuel looks bad enough to not even be starting. A above average qb makes the receivers look much better the qb is the most important piece to the puzzle. Why not keep drafting one u ntill you get it right. Look at jax as well Blackman was a beast coming out of college guess what no qb there for him to develop in the nfl. Is blackmon even in the league anymore

jason1981
12-23-2014, 02:55 PM
That doesn't always work look at the bills Sammy watkins a beast Robert woods a very good #2 cj spiller fred jackson an awesome defense a good offensive line and look how horrible e.j Manuel looks bad enough to not even be starting. A above average qb makes the receivers look much better the qb is the most important piece to the puzzle. Why not keep drafting one u ntill you get it right. Look at jax as well Blackman was a beast coming out of college guess what no qb there for him to develop in the nfl. Is blackmon even in the league anymore

Bills put themselves in a great position now by building their offense. Now all they need is a qb and they will be set. With their set up they have they can plug a rookie in and will have success cuz they can rely on the veterans and they can carry the rookie qb unt he settles in. I think its much easier to develop a rookie qb when the offwnse is already built around him. If you buikd with the qb 1st you run the chance lf ruining the qb like hits and confidence. I.e. houston ruined carr chances.

1st. Tired of the smiths haters making threads about alex smith after everytime we lose. Why dont we make a thread about each other player that costs us a game such as charles fumbling or kelce fumbled the game away but no lets pick on smith since we hate him. Smith isnt perfect and deserves some criticism but doesnt deserve a thread made just blame him for our loses. I actually would love to see what alex smith would do with denvers offense with all their talent they have. I say we build around alex and then judge him. If we build around him i think he will be a top 10 qb on a consistent basis. But theres more than the qb throwing tje ball deep than just throwing it so its not all on smith. Timing and acuracy go together, deep ball play has to be called, there has to be a wr that actually runs downfield and get open, and have a clean pocket and be able to set his feet and throw it how he wants. We lack all of those so how is smith suppose to through it deep and connect on everyone?
Smiths problem going deep is more of timing and reputation and practice it i believe. If they so t practice it much or go down field much you can expect any qb to be on tiime with the wr. Not saying its not on smith but going deep is more than calling a play and expecting them to connect. So it may or not be on smith but we have seen bim go down field and the more they do the better the results should get depending on the oline. But reid needs to fire himself as play caller.

matthewschiefs
12-23-2014, 03:08 PM

It doesn not always work sure. But it has more of a chance to work then keep changing qb after qb and not upgrading talent outside of 1 spot that this team has done over and over again.

As for the top qbs make the receivers much better that's not always the case either. Tom Brady over the past years has had trouble at times since he hasnt had many weapons around him. So having a top QB hasn't always worked either. That's the whole point football is not as simple as have a top QB get your rings. It's not that simple

slc chief
12-23-2014, 04:40 PM
It doesn not always work sure. But it has more of a chance to work then keep changing qb after qb and not upgrading talent outside of 1 spot that this team has done over and over again.

As for the top qbs make the receivers much better that's not always the case either. Tom Brady over the past years has had trouble at times since he hasnt had many weapons around him. So having a top QB hasn't always worked either. That's the whole point football is not as simple as have a top QB get your rings. It's not that simple
Tom brady has trouble at times. As in year after year competing for the afc championship come on

matthewschiefs
12-23-2014, 05:27 PM
Tom brady has trouble at times. As in year after year competing for the afc championship come on

Look at Brady's stats last year and look at Alex's

They are not far off. Brady threw for more yards Alex ran for some of that difference and Alex sat out a game last year. Alex was within 1 td of Brady. And again Alex sat out the last game.

But alex is holding us back and not getting the job done Brady is carrying his team right?

Lets go back to the colts in the playoff game a year ago Alex threw for nearly 400 yards and 4 tds Brandy threw for under 200 0 tds

But Alex didn't get the job done and Brady Carried his team right?

The pats are not the same team they use to be they are now more depended on the running game then they use to be. But why mention that

slc chief
12-23-2014, 06:40 PM
ha you really are going to try and compare alex to brady. you must be sipping on something more than smith's koolaid. bottom line smith was below average this year he definitely took a step backwards. when he should of taken a step forward.the fact you have to defend him so much should tell you something.the fact that every defense In the league does not fear his arm should tell you something.the fact he cant throw a td to a receiver(most qbs would have handled that a long time ago) should tell you something. the fact that every expet analyst says week in and week out all you have to do to stop kc's offensive attack is get a lead on us.because the team is not equipped at the qb position to comeback should tell you something.

rodu
12-23-2014, 07:36 PM
I think the o line is weaker this year than last, and we need to fix it to protect our investment and to make more holes for Charles

matthewschiefs
12-23-2014, 09:26 PM
ha you really are going to try and compare alex to brady. you must be sipping on something more than smith's koolaid. bottom line smith was below average this year he definitely took a step backwards. when he should of taken a step forward.the fact you have to defend him so much should tell you something.the fact that every defense In the league does not fear his arm should tell you something.the fact he cant throw a td to a receiver(most qbs would have handled that a long time ago) should tell you something. the fact that every expet analyst says week in and week out all you have to do to stop kc's offensive attack is get a lead on us.because the team is not equipped at the qb position to comeback should tell you something.

First I wasnt comparing Smith to Brady I was showing that football is not as simple as get a prime QB you get your ring. I was showing that Brady went to the AFC title game last year not because he was there QB but there team was able to win.

Alex in the playoff years but up MUCH BETTER numbers against Indy yet you Smith haters claim he didn't get the job done then say that Brady carried his team. Not true at all.

I have to defend him so much because Smith haters have to make these threads whining about smith. You have been whining about him since the day the thread was made. You only happen to show up after losses to wine about the QB. Not a word about Charles fumble not a word about the drops. But you will go on and on about EVERY mistake Alex makes. That's why I have to defend him so much. I have shown many post where i have been critical of Alex can you show me any where you have been without shots of Alex this year?

slc chief
12-23-2014, 10:02 PM
Uh did you check the wide receiver thread before you posted. Check my prior post all you want. I have been on here since yoda tried claiming McFadden was a better back then charles 4 years ago. Back when Canada was cranking the beers back. And guess what as the most important piece of the puzzle on offense I dont think smith is carrying his weight if you couldn't tell.go ahead and check my pre draft highlights reels out if you want as well member since 08 brah. And I *****ed about Croyle, huard, cassell, thigpen, and every other below average qb's we have had. I gave smith a chance and the development/chemistry/offensive production out of that position is starting to look like every one of those other bums we have had come through here

slc chief
12-23-2014, 10:18 PM
I guess one of my biggest issues is we brought reid in who has done a hell of a job btw. But he is supposed to be a qb guru and going into It I put alot of stock into reid being able to fine tune him.and alex to become a better qb .it has not been the case is he the only one to blame no.but just watching him it is not hard to see he is very limited as a qb

ctchiefsfan
12-24-2014, 02:34 AM
Been following this thread, but keeping my mouth shut. Time to say a few words.

1) Look at the circumstances that brought Alex Smith here. Cassell was DONE in KC. Keeping him was NOT an option.

2) So we had to get another QB.

3) We had the #1 pick overall. But the QBs available in the draft were crap. Certainly noone is crying in their beer because we didn't get Geno. Or I hope not anyway.

4) At least IMO Alex was the best available to be traded for or picked up as a Free Agent. So if you agree that Cassell had to go and there was nothing better available in the draft or via trade or free agency then Alex WAS THE BEST MOVE TO MAKE.

5) Dorsey/Reid have shown that they see Alex as a medium term fill-in. They grabbed Bray the same year they traded for Smith. This year they grabbed Murray. Obviously they know Smith is not the be-all and end-all QB for our Chiefs. So they are trying to develop an Honest to God QBOTF. What more can we as fans really ask from coaching/management other than to get us the best QB available while at the same time trying to develop a real future star?

6) Alex is a pretty good QB in his own right. I didn't say great, but he is A LOT BETTER than many we have had. Give him some better wide receivers and an O-line that can pass block and he'll get us to the playoffs every year and win us a few playoff games. I wouldn't complain one damned bit about that.

7) Can we get to and win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith at QB? SURE WE CAN! But I'm not going to hold my breath. If we were to win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith at QB it would likely be because we had developed an overwhelming defense, an AMAZING running game (we're close but need a better O-line) and because we had some super hot tight ends.

8) Alex Smith didn't look half bad this year. Not super, but not bad at all. But we need to be clear about why he didn't look so great this year. ENEMY DEFENSES FIGURED US OUT. We had a running game and a short passing game and that was it. We had ZERO long passing game. WHY??? 2 main reasons. Our O-line seldom gave Alex the time for long passes and our WRs weren't much good at getting open. And they weren't much good at holding onto the ball if they did get open.

9) Is Alex Smith a "gunslinger"? HELL NO. Not by a long shot. He's cautious and tends not to throw the long ball unless he thinks it's a "gimme". And our WRs didn't give him many "gimmes" this year.

10) Long story short, Alex is a good QB but he's nothing special. He'll always keep us competitive and in the course of the rest of his contract he'll probably win us a playoff game or 3. But I don't see him winning us a Super Bowl. That said, I think Reid/Dorsey know that and are working on getting us the QB that will.

Patience fellow Chiefs fans. I mean honestly.....did you really expect to go from 2-14 to the Super Bowl in just 2 years????

slc chief
12-24-2014, 07:56 AM
Been following this thread, but keeping my mouth shut. Time to say a few words.

1) Look at the circumstances that brought Alex Smith here. Cassell was DONE in KC. Keeping him was NOT an option.

2) So we had to get another QB.

3) We had the #1 pick overall. But the QBs available in the draft were crap. Certainly noone is crying in their beer because we didn't get Geno. Or I hope not anyway.

4) At least IMO Alex was the best available to be traded for or picked up as a Free Agent. So if you agree that Cassell had to go and there was nothing better available in the draft or via trade or free agency then Alex WAS THE BEST MOVE TO MAKE.

5) Dorsey/Reid have shown that they see Alex as a medium term fill-in. They grabbed Bray the same year they traded for Smith. This year they grabbed Murray. Obviously they know Smith is not the be-all and end-all QB for our Chiefs. So they are trying to develop an Honest to God QBOTF. What more can we as fans really ask from coaching/management other than to get us the best QB available while at the same time trying to develop a real future star?

6) Alex is a pretty good QB in his own right. I didn't say great, but he is A LOT BETTER than many we have had. Give him some better wide receivers and an O-line that can pass block and he'll get us to the playoffs every year and win us a few playoff games. I wouldn't complain one damned bit about that.

7) Can we get to and win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith at QB? SURE WE CAN! But I'm not going to hold my breath. If we were to win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith at QB it would likely be because we had developed an overwhelming defense, an AMAZING running game (we're close but need a better O-line) and because we had some super hot tight ends.

8) Alex Smith didn't look half bad this year. Not super, but not bad at all. But we need to be clear about why he didn't look so great this year. ENEMY DEFENSES FIGURED US OUT. We had a running game and a short passing game and that was it. We had ZERO long passing game. WHY??? 2 main reasons. Our O-line seldom gave Alex the time for long passes and our WRs weren't much good at getting open. And they weren't much good at holding onto the ball if they did get open.

9) Is Alex Smith a "gunslinger"? HELL NO. Not by a long shot. He's cautious and tends not to throw the long ball unless he thinks it's a "gimme". And our WRs didn't give him many "gimmes" this year.

10) Long story short, Alex is a good QB but he's nothing special. He'll always keep us competitive and in the course of the rest of his contract he'll probably win us a playoff game or 3. But I don't see him winning us a Super Bowl. That said, I think Reid/Dorsey know that and are working on getting us the QB that will.

Patience fellow Chiefs fans. I mean honestly.....did you really expect to go from 2-14 to the Super Bowl in just 2 years????
I must say well put

ctchiefsfan
12-24-2014, 01:59 PM
I must say well put

Thank you Sir! I like Alex Smith. I think he is a good QB and works hard at it as well as being a good teammate. But I'm also reasonable enough to realize he is not the best QB in the NFL. But not being "The Best" doesn't mean you're no good.

Justin5772002
12-24-2014, 04:06 PM
Same receivers and QB as last year. Don't think those are our biggest problem. We blew up our Oline. Build and Oline and let them have time to play together and gel. Problem solved. And no, this Oline is never going to cut it. Dallas is proving right now that Oline wins games. Romo isn't a great QB and in my opinion he isn't better than Alex Smith. Jaamal is 2x better than Murray. Bryant is 3x better than Bowe. If we had Dallas' talent at Oline I say we whoop the broncos arse every single time

jap1
12-24-2014, 04:57 PM

I agree that I dont see him carrying the team on his back week in and week out to win us a superbowl. But I think he can carry us on occasion and I think we can win a superbowl with him and a good team around him.

ctchiefsfan
12-24-2014, 05:30 PM
No arguments from me. As I said in #7 no doubt in my mind that we could win a Superbowl with Alex Smith. I just don't think it is particularly likely.

jap1
12-24-2014, 07:53 PM
No arguments from me. As I said in #7 no doubt in my mind that we could win a Superbowl with Alex Smith. I just don't think it is particularly likely.

My view is we are more likely to win with Smith and upgrades over the next 4-5 years versus moving on from Smith. I cannot envision anyone who is reasonably available doing a better job here in less than 5 years. Even if we had the number one pick and grabbed Mariota without trading away any other picks, I still think we would have better chances with Smith for at least 2-3 years.

Thats why this thread annoys me. Unless there is someone out there who is available and better than Smith now or at last in the next 4 years, then it's a relatively moot discussion other than identifying his/our weaknesses.

ctchiefsfan
12-24-2014, 08:13 PM
My view is we are more likely to win with Smith and upgrades over the next 4-5 years versus moving on from Smith. I cannot envision anyone who is reasonably available doing a better job here in less than 5 years. Even if we had the number one pick and grabbed Mariota without trading away any other picks, I still think we would have better chances with Smith for at least 2-3 years.

Thats why this thread annoys me. Unless there is someone out there who is available and better than Smith now or at last in the next 4 years, then it's a relatively moot discussion other than identifying his/our weaknesses.

Smith is under contract through the 2018 season so IMO unless his skills were to deteriorate quite a bit or Bray or Murray was to turn into superman pretty quick then I suspect he's our starter for at least the next 2 years....probably 3.....maybe 4. With the amount of guaranteed money in Smith's contract I can't see us replacing him via trade or free agency for AT LEAST the next 2 years. More likely 3, perhaps 4. And I think the plan is to replace him by grooming a QB of our own. And I'm OK with that.

IMO Smith is here for one purpose....to keep us competitive while we improve our receivers and O-line and groom our QBOTF. Smith at QB will keep us competitive. I just don't think he is particularly likely to get us a Super Bowl. Though it certainly could happen.

jap1
12-26-2014, 03:46 AM
For those who think Smith did a horrible job finding open receivers this past game, here is a little stat for you:

Smith was sacked six times. On four of those sacks, the Steelers rushed 4 people. On the other two, the Steelers rushed THREE people. Yes, they sacked Smith when they were NOT blitzing. That means there was no way for him to audible to recognize the blitz. That also means that there were 7 or 8 people dropping into coverage on those plays that he was sacked. 7 or 8 people covering at most 5 people that the Chiefs had as eligible receivers. It's not surprising that he was not able to find someone who was open.

There is very little excuse for an OL of 5 people to not be able to block 3 people.

Eydugstr
12-26-2014, 09:27 AM
Smith is under contract through the 2018 season so IMO unless his skills were to deteriorate quite a bit or Bray or Murray was to turn into superman pretty quick then I suspect he's our starter for at least the next 2 years....probably 3.....maybe 4. With the amount of guaranteed money in Smith's contract I can't see us replacing him via trade or free agency for AT LEAST the next 2 years. More likely 3, perhaps 4. And I think the plan is to replace him by grooming a QB of our own. And I'm OK with that.

IMO Smith is here for one purpose....to keep us competitive while we improve our receivers and O-line and groom our QBOTF. Smith at QB will keep us competitive. I just don't think he is particularly likely to get us a Super Bowl. Though it certainly could happen.

It takes time to get all the pieces in the puzzle together. Tom Brady has been brought up a lot in this discussion, but a lot of people overlook the fact that Bill Parcells and Belichek did a lot of work to get the Patriots to be a well-rounded team before Bledsoe went down to injury and Brady got his shot.

KC simply does not have the roster yet to cover the kinds of mistakes a rookie QB's going to make. Going with Smith gave Reid the option to rebuild a team without putting the fans through (another) 2 - 6 win season with our "QBOTF" going through an on-the-field education. And if we'd gone through another season like that last year or this year, everybody would complaining about that QB, too. I'll happily take a 11-5 & 8 - 8 seasons over 7-9 & 2-14 seasons anyday.

ctchiefsfan
12-26-2014, 10:23 AM
Well said!

matthewschiefs
12-26-2014, 03:40 PM
It takes time to get all the pieces in the puzzle together. Tom Brady has been brought up a lot in this discussion, but a lot of people overlook the fact that Bill Parcells and Belichek did a lot of work to get the Patriots to be a well-rounded team before Bledsoe went down to injury and Brady got his shot.

KC simply does not have the roster yet to cover the kinds of mistakes a rookie QB's going to make. Going with Smith gave Reid the option to rebuild a team without putting the fans through (another) 2 - 6 win season with our "QBOTF" going through an on-the-field education. And if we'd gone through another season like that last year or this year, everybody would complaining about that QB, too. I'll happily take a 11-5 & 8 - 8 seasons over 7-9 & 2-14 seasons anyday.

THIS THIS THIS

Brady had a good situation. He didn't have that last year and didn't put up the numbers that people are use to seeing from him. They used there running game a lot more then they had in the past. Yet we still here how he took the team to the afc title.

Manning has 1 ring and as i have said time and time again he had his worst postseason that year. Look at these stats Smith haters and tell me they won because of Manning
http://www.peytonmanning18.com/2006.html

3tds 7 ints all postseason. If Alex won a superbowl doing that you would say he was carried to that ring. And as i have stated Manning had FAR more weapons then Alex does now Marvion Harrison,Reggie Wayne,Dallas Clark,Joseph Addi Dommic rhoads rushed for over 100 yards. Addi was IMO the real MVP of that superbowl.

Its why I have and will keep insisting that FOOTBALL IS MORE THEN THE QB.

doobs_05
12-26-2014, 05:08 PM
THIS THIS THIS

Brady had a good situation. He didn't have that last year and didn't put up the numbers that people are use to seeing from him. They used there running game a lot more then they had in the past. Yet we still here how he took the team to the afc title.

Manning has 1 ring and as i have said time and time again he had his worst postseason that year. Look at these stats Smith haters and tell me they won because of Manning

3tds 7 ints all postseason. If Alex won a superbowl doing that you would say he was carried to that ring. And as i have stated Manning had FAR more weapons then Alex does now Marvion Harrison,Reggie Wayne,Dallas Clark,Joseph Addi Dommic rhoads rushed for over 100 yards. Addi was IMO the real MVP of that superbowl.

Well...manning was carried to that lone ring, Bob Sanders was the real MVP of that team, that year. The difference between manning (brady, brees, Rodgers) and alex is manning (other QBs named) is proven to be a top QB, alex isn't. You get behind with Alex, you're more than likely going to lose. Yes football is more than the QB, but doesn't mean the QB can't take some blame. The offense as a whole (with playcalling) has been terrible, the D hasn't allowed over 29 points in one game and you have 7 loses?!

matthewschiefs
12-26-2014, 06:22 PM
Well...manning was carried to that lone ring, Bob Sanders was the real MVP of that team, that year. The difference between manning (brady, brees, Rodgers) and alex is manning (other QBs named) is proven to be a top QB, alex isn't. You get behind with Alex, you're more than likely going to lose. Yes football is more than the QB, but doesn't mean the QB can't take some blame. The offense as a whole (with playcalling) has been terrible, the D hasn't allowed over 29 points in one game and you have 7 loses?!

THIS is my point.

The reason these threads frustrate me so much is that certain people (you are not one doobs) only point the finger at 1 person. Only show up these days when we lose and start threads like these. We went on a good winning streak including beating the defending super bowl champs who NO ONE on this board including myself thought we would beat and the people who start these threads were no where to be seen.

Alex is a VERY GOOD (not great QB) He is going to play up to the talent around him. When you have limited talent around him he is going to be limited. I said in anther thread that the culture of this team needs to change. That includes the way this team is constructed. We need AN OFFENSE. Not a QB. We need more the Bowe and a couple of lackluster guys at WR. We need an O line that won't let a qb get him on a 2 step drop like we have seen with this one. This changing out QBS and sticking with a weak Line and Bowe as pretty much the only WR option HAS TO CHANGE.

Like I have asked what would be so bad about building an offense and giving Alex a shot. Lets say he does suck. Ok then at the very least the next guy isn't walking into the exact same situation that the last guys have been walking into. He will be MUCH more setup to do well. Alex for sure hasn't been perfect I have already posted in here a few post I have made saying so. But Alex also hasn't been put in a position to do well.

jap1
12-26-2014, 06:29 PM
I saw the gif of the play where Smith probably got hurt. It was the deep pass to Wilson, where Fulton gets blown past, JC doesn't block the guy right in front of him, and Smith gets drilled right after he throws the ball. He didn't have a complete follow through, which may explain the lack of accuracy on that throw. This occurred in the third quarter, and Alex was playing the rest of the game with a lacerated spleen. This may explain some of his poor play towards the end of the game, but hindsight is 20/20.

Good luck to Chase Daniel. I hope he has an awesome game so that we could possibly trade him to someone for like a 3rd round pick. IF we win and all the cards fall into place, we could be playing in the playoffs with Daniel and Murray as our only QB. Smith will most likely be out for 6 weeks.

ctchiefsfan
12-26-2014, 10:08 PM
THIS THIS THIS

THIS is my point.

The reason these threads frustrate me so much is that certain people (you are not one doobs) only point the finger at 1 person. Only show up these days when we lose and start threads like these. We went on a good winning streak including beating the defending super bowl champs who NO ONE on this board including myself thought we would beat and the people who start these threads were no where to be seen.

Alex is a VERY GOOD (not great QB) He is going to play up to the talent around him. When you have limited talent around him he is going to be limited. I said in anther thread that the culture of this team needs to change. That includes the way this team is constructed. We need AN OFFENSE. Not a QB. We need more the Bowe and a couple of lackluster guys at WR. We need an O line that won't let a qb get him on a 2 step drop like we have seen with this one. This changing out QBS and sticking with a weak Line and Bowe as pretty much the only WR option HAS TO CHANGE.

Like I have asked what would be so bad about building an offense and giving Alex a shot. Lets say he does suck. Ok then at the very least the next guy isn't walking into the exact same situation that the last guys have been walking into. He will be MUCH more setup to do well. Alex for sure hasn't been perfect I have already posted in here a few post I have made saying so. But Alex also hasn't been put in a position to do well.

IMO these are all EXCELLENT posts. No silly "OH MY GOD!!!! WE DIDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!! WE'VE GOT TO GET A NEW QB!!!"

Just good sound reasoning. My compliments gentlemen.

Alex is what he is. Not the best we've ever had. Better than many if not most we've had. And while Reid and Dorsey are trying to fix the many problems that have made our Chiefs mediocre or worse for many years Alex is a damned fine caretaker that in the parity world that is today's NFL will keep us competitive....and maybe more than that.

Unless Dawson or Montana shed a whole lot of years I think Alex is a good QB for us to have while Reid/Dorsey are fixing the many other problems we have.

matthewschiefs
12-27-2014, 09:32 PM
IMO these are all EXCELLENT posts. No silly "OH MY GOD!!!! WE DIDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!! WE'VE GOT TO GET A NEW QB!!!"

Just good sound reasoning. My compliments gentlemen.

Alex is what he is. Not the best we've ever had. Better than many if not most we've had. And while Reid and Dorsey are trying to fix the many problems that have made our Chiefs mediocre or worse for many years Alex is a damned fine caretaker that in the parity world that is today's NFL will keep us competitive....and maybe more than that.

Unless Dawson or Montana shed a whole lot of years I think Alex is a good QB for us to have while Reid/Dorsey are fixing the many other problems we have.

Alex by far is the best KC has had since Trent Green.

But it's really been since Trent was in KC that this team has had a talented offense. As the last few years he was in KC the focus was on fixing on that joke of what was a defense.

It's been over 10 years since this team focused on BUILDING A FREAKING OFFENSE. Instead they have gotten D. Bowe and then just grabbed a couple of random other guys they could find for cheap. THAT HAS TO CHANGE. It can't just be D Bowe and randoms at WR. I go back to the opener this year. Frankie Hammond JR was a starting WR for us. There are a lot of teams that he would have been cut from after the preseaon but he was starting for us. And people expect a top offense? REALLY? We have a guy who is starting to show some signs of hope in Albert Wilson but he needs more time in there. We also have Kelce but in many ways this is his rookie year since he played so little last year. But it takes time to come together. Alex might be a 10 year vet. But that doesn't mean the talent around him will suddenly play like vets when they are not.

ctchiefsfan
12-27-2014, 10:41 PM
Alex by far is the best KC has had since Trent Green.

I don't think I am qualified to make that kind of a statement, but sure as I hell I can't argue with it.

But it's really been since Trent was in KC that this team has had a talented offense.

Without a doubt offense has been our biggest problem this year. Almost all year our Defense has done a pretty damned good job. The big problem has been that our offense has been somewhere between weak and anemic.

It's been over 10 years since this team focused on BUILDING A FREAKING OFFENSE.

Yup! And that means we need WRs and O-line.

Instead they have gotten D. Bowe and then just grabbed a couple of random other guys they could find for cheap.

Cheap is good in this salary cap world. But top quality cheap players can only be had through the draft. Other cheap players are fill-ins.

THAT HAS TO CHANGE. It can't just be D Bowe and randoms at WR.

No doubt you are right on that.

We have a guy who is starting to show some signs of hope in Albert Wilson but he needs more time in there. We also have Kelce but in many ways this is his rookie year since he played so little last year. But it takes time to come together.

All truth.

Alex might be a 10 year vet. But that doesn't mean the talent around him will suddenly play like vets when they are not.

Again....ALL TRUTH.