View Full Version : Here is how it stands

kenny1937
12-04-2006, 01:39 AM
Ok, the situation looks like this
AFC east-New England 9-3, NY Jets 7-5
AFC north-Baltimore 9-3, Cincinnati 7-5
AFC south-Indianapolis 10-2, Jacksonville 7-5
AFC west-San Diego 10-2, KC 7-5 and Denver 7-5

There are five teams with 7-5 records with 4 games to go, and only two wild card spots up for grabs. Concerning ourselves with KC and Denver, here is how it looks: week 14, Baltimore, leading the AFC north, comes to Arrowhead, while San Diego travels to Denver. Both teams have tough games. Week 15, KC travels to San Diego, Tough GAme, Denver travels to Arizona, not so tough game, week 16 KC travels to Oakland, a winnable game, Cincinnati travels to Denver a toss up, week 17 Jacksonville travels to KC, Tough Game, and San Fran goes to Denver, not so tough game.
So as I see it Denver has the most favorable schedule between us and they, so it in imparative that we run the table to have a shot, in other words OUR WORK IS CUT OUT FOR US!!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Ravens!!

8-) :lol: :pint:

Chiefster
12-04-2006, 10:12 AM
I just don't see it happening for us.

kenny1937
12-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Don't give up! If the Team gives up now , then you are right, however if they will believe that they can win just four games, then they WILL have given it their best shot and will enjoy the fruits of their labor, otherwise Carl will have all year long to do his JOB and field the best players He can get to give the Team a halway decent shot next year. Don't you just hate that phrase "Wait til Next Year!"
I do.

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Ravens!!

chief31
12-05-2006, 09:33 AM
I know how to sling that term around, as well as anybody. Just watch my Cubbies this Baseball season.

Chiefster
12-05-2006, 03:59 PM
I'm comvinced that as long as King Carl occupies the GM posistion we Chiefs fans will never see another KC Super Bowl.

Guru
12-06-2006, 12:04 AM
Chiefster wrote:
I'm comvinced that as long as King Carl occupies the GM posistion we Chiefs fans will never see another KC Super Bowl.

Amen brothah!!!!! Hallelujah!

Chiefster
12-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Guru wrote:
Amen brothah!!!!! Hallelujah!

Testify!

Guru
12-06-2006, 11:46 PM
Chiefster wrote:

Testify!

Well... ummm... I.... ummm..... am a..... Chiefs fan..... 37 years...

and I feel sooooooo USED!!!!!

kenny1937
12-07-2006, 02:40 AM
Realistically, we may have a rougher road than Denver, but we still hold our own destiny in our hands. Looking at the schedule, the other teams don't have a shoo in either, so we need a sound game plan from the coaches, a solid commitment from the players, and a lot of backing from US, the fans. It is not an impossibility, no need in giving up until it is obvious that we will have to "Wait til next year"! in the meantime, GO CHIEFS :hammer: The DoDo, er I mean The Ravens!!

Chiefster
12-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

Testify!

Well... ummm... I.... ummm..... am a..... Chiefs fan..... 37 years...

and I feel sooooooo USED!!!!!

...And ABUSED!

C-Lew
12-07-2006, 11:31 PM
Fellas,

It's not so bad. Currently we have the tie breaker over Denver because of Division record. Jacksonville is only a game ahead of us in Conference record - and they come to Arrowhead to play. If the Chiefs hold at home against them, then Chiefs have the tiebreaker because of head to head. That leaves 2 teams to catch. Even though the the overall records are tied @ 7-5, we're really a game back due to tiebreakers. That means the Chiefs need to finish a game ahead of Cinci or the NYJets for a playoff spot (and be at least tied with Denver & Jacksonville). No team has a cake-walk, and although Denver has the easiest schedule, for some reason, they benched the guy who had them @ 7-4 to roll the dice on a rookie (who looked like crap vs. Seattle). So if Cinci & NYJ's finish 4-0, we're done. They both finish 3-1 and we don't finish 4-0, we're done. BUT - one of them finishes 2-2 and we finish 3-1 (with 2 home games and 1 in Oakland), we're in. It's not over. Keep the faith.

Guru
12-07-2006, 11:40 PM
You're not from around here are you?

J/K Welcome to the board. Stop by the introduce yourself forum and, well, introduce yourself.

Chiefster
12-08-2006, 05:08 AM
Welcome aboard C-Lew! Hope ya find a home here. :hammer:

kenny1937
12-09-2006, 01:01 AM
C-Lew wrote:
Fellas,

It's not so bad. Currently we have the tie breaker over Denver because of Division record. Jacksonville is only a game ahead of us in Conference record - and they come to Arrowhead to play. If the Chiefs hold at home against them, then Chiefs have the tiebreaker because of head to head. That leaves 2 teams to catch. Even though the the overall records are tied @ 7-5, we're really a game back due to tiebreakers. That means the Chiefs need to finish a game ahead of Cinci or the NYJets for a playoff spot (and be at least tied with Denver & Jacksonville). No team has a cake-walk, and although Denver has the easiest schedule, for some reason, they benched the guy who had them @ 7-4 to roll the dice on a rookie (who looked like crap vs. Seattle). So if Cinci & NYJ's finish 4-0, we're done. They both finish 3-1 and we don't finish 4-0, we're done. BUT - one of them finishes 2-2 and we finish 3-1 (with 2 home games and 1 in Oakland), we're in. It's not over. Keep the faith.

Will do my man, Will Do!!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Hummingbirds er I mean The Ravens!!

Chiefster
12-09-2006, 08:02 PM
kenny1937 wrote:

Will do my man, Will Do!!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Hummingbirds er I mean The Ravens!!

Meh, stick a fork in 'em. :-P

kenny1937
12-10-2006, 04:41 PM
As it stands now we are 7-6, and going to San Diego next sunday, could finish us off, espeacially if we take the team to San Diego that played on the field today. By the time we get to Oakland, it will not matter to either team, because both will be out of the playoff picture, and the fans will all be saying "Wait til next year!"

GO CHIEFS :hammer: Somebody!!

Chiefster
12-10-2006, 05:14 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
As it stands now we are 7-6, and going to San Diego next sunday, could finish us off, espeacially if we take the team to San Diego that played on the field today. By the time we get to Oakland, it will not matter to either team, because both will be out of the playoff picture, and the fans will all be saying "Wait til next year!"

We are for all intents and purposes finished off as we speak; accept this as fact - it will make it easier to deal with next week's loss.

kenny1937
12-10-2006, 06:05 PM
I agree, I no longer have any confidence in Coach Edwards, he gets outcoached and the team gets out played, so excepting next weeks forgone conclusion will make it much easier.

8-) :pint:

Guru
12-10-2006, 08:43 PM
firecarlpetersonnow.com

kenny1937
12-11-2006, 01:26 AM
Guru wrote:
firecarlpetersonnow.com

I went there, and all it said was and I quote:"Wait until next year" unquote. What kind of website is that anyway?