PDA

View Full Version : possibly new receiver?

Chiefs4life24
12-24-2014, 10:32 AM
I just read an article on Arrowheadpride.com that the Chiefs have set up and interview with Chris Carters WR son Duron Carter

ctchiefsfan
12-24-2014, 02:07 PM
I saw him mentioned somewhere a few weeks ago as a possibility. Don't really know enough about him to offer an opinion on the idea. But since he is CFL, I can't see any reason not to talk to him.

Chiefs4life24
12-25-2014, 12:18 PM
Well the first thing I thought was given who his father is the boy outta have some skills

rodu
12-25-2014, 12:58 PM
6'5 205 lbs 23 years old
2 seasons for the Montreal Alouettes
has deep speed from what i recall

Chiefs4life24
12-25-2014, 10:18 PM
He had some off field trouble though correct? What did he do?

Eydugstr
12-25-2014, 10:57 PM
Couldn't hurt to kick the tires. If he has his Dad's hands and work ethic, it's worth a look.

ctchiefsfan
12-25-2014, 11:24 PM
He had some off field trouble though correct? What did he do?

Lost eligeability at Ohio State because of poor academics. Wandered through one or two more colleges IIRC. Don't recall why. Haven't read of any serious off-field problems. The feeling I get is "young, dumb and full of...."

My opinion? If we can get him for a low $$$ contract with little or no guaranteed money then we would be silly not to bring him in for training camp and let him fight for a spot on the roster. If it isn't going to cost much in cap space to kick the tires through camp then I think we would be crazy not to. It's not like we're deep at WR.

Seek
12-26-2014, 08:53 AM
Why not, but I wouldn't expect anything from him. Just because his farther was a stud does not mean squat, specially since his career at this point appears to be nothing. Super Star CFL players don't really pan out much in the NFL.

ctchiefsfan
12-26-2014, 11:01 AM
Why not, but I wouldn't expect anything from him. Just because his farther was a stud does not mean squat, specially since his career at this point appears to be nothing. Super Star CFL players don't really pan out much in the NFL.

I'm inclined to agree. But if the downside is low or nil then I see no reason not to take a few fliers when it comes to the WR position. We surely need help there. If he is willing to sign for lowball money and his contract is contingent on making the squad then I think we'd be crazy not to bring him in to camp. What would we be out if he didn't pan out? Only the per diem that he got paid during camp. And unless I am mistaken that doesn't even count towards the cap.

I'd view signing Carter as being about the same as signing Dressler was. Pretty much a meaningless exchange of paperwork similar to buying a lottery ticket. Sure....you wasted $1. But WHAT IF?

Seek
12-26-2014, 11:14 AM
I'm inclined to agree. But if the downside is low or nil then I see no reason not to take a few fliers when it comes to the WR position. We surely need help there. If he is willing to sign for lowball money and his contract is contingent on making the squad then I think we'd be crazy not to bring him in to camp. What would we be out if he didn't pan out? Only the per diem that he got paid during camp. And unless I am mistaken that doesn't even count towards the cap.

I'd view signing Carter as being about the same as signing Dressler was. Pretty much a meaningless exchange of paperwork similar to buying a lottery ticket. Sure....you wasted $1. But WHAT IF?

Agreed. Just saying, don't expect much. I remember many thinking Dressler was the next Wes Welker in the off season and then were shocked when he didn't even make the roster.

rodu
12-26-2014, 02:21 PM
Carter is much younger than Dressler, and has room to develop. Dressler at 29 was about as good as he was going to get

Frankenchief
12-26-2014, 04:41 PM
For those of you worried about his off-field troubles, worry not. His dad went through them too early in his career only to turn himself around. I do worry if a players is head case or not, but out of all of them I would feel most comfortable with this guy.

That said, don't expect him to sign with the Chiefs. At least 3 other teams with better cap situation are competing for him and they throw TD passes to their WRs. One of them is his dad's old team. Guess who Chris will push him to sign with.

Seek
12-26-2014, 04:58 PM
Already too much excitement for him.

ctchiefsfan
12-26-2014, 09:45 PM
For those of you worried about his off-field troubles, worry not. His dad went through them too early in his career only to turn himself around. I do worry if a players is head case or not, but out of all of them I would feel most comfortable with this guy.

That said, don't expect him to sign with the Chiefs. At least 3 other teams with better cap situation are competing for him and they throw TD passes to their WRs. One of them is his dad's old team. Guess who Chris will push him to sign with.

I suspect you have made a good point there.

rodu
12-27-2014, 06:03 PM
Cam Wake was a CFL allstar prior to Miami. Worth a shot