PDA

View Full Version : Kind of inspiring!

hermhater
10-25-2007, 02:49 PM
THE HERMINATOR

A couple of more wins and Chiefs coach Herm Edwards will have wrapped up NFL Coach of the Year honors. Seriously. We all watched HBO's Hard Knocks this summer. We all saw the level of talent in Kansas City. We all thought the Chiefs had conceded 2007 and were already secretly looking toward 2008. Larry Johnson was holding out. Damon Huard was under center. Tim Krumrie was screaming at someone. But somehow, eight weeks later, the Chiefs are in first place. Now all that could change -- and change fast -- with Green Bay, Denver and the Colts lined up on the schedule. And a lot of it has to do with the AFC West. But really, it doesn't matter. Like running back Priest Holmes' incredible comeback, somehow the Chiefs have found a way to persevere. Is it pretty? Uh, no. Is it dominant? Not exactly. But does it represent something even bigger and better in sports that often gets lost or ignored? Hell yeah. This summer Bucs linebacker Cato June told me, "Some people in this world are so driven, they make physical limitations obsolete." That pretty much sums up the Chiefs under Edwards so far in 2007.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=fleming/071025&sportCat=nfl

Chiefster
10-25-2007, 03:43 PM
We shall indeed see what the second half of the season holds in store for Chiefs fans, and I do hope it's all good.

sling58
10-25-2007, 03:45 PM
We shall indeed see what the second half of the season holds in store for Chiefs fans, and I do hope it's all good.

that is what I hope for.

Chiefster
10-25-2007, 03:46 PM
that is what I hope for.

Heh! Great minds and all...

hermhater
10-25-2007, 03:47 PM

If you are tired of the taste of crow, then just keep saying the Chiefs are going to the playoffs!

:bananen_smilies046:

sling58
10-25-2007, 03:48 PM
If you are tired of the taste of crow, then just keep saying the Chiefs are going to the playoffs!

I hope that we do.

Chiefster
10-25-2007, 03:50 PM

I actually have come to prefer crow; I like it better then getting liver for veal.

hermhater
10-25-2007, 03:55 PM
I actually have come to prefer crow; I like it better then getting liver for veal.

:sign0153:

Canada
10-25-2007, 04:03 PM
THE HERMINATOR

A couple of more wins and Chiefs coach Herm Edwards will have wrapped up NFL Coach of the Year honors. Seriously. We all watched HBO's Hard Knocks this summer. We all saw the level of talent in Kansas City. We all thought the Chiefs had conceded 2007 and were already secretly looking toward 2008. Larry Johnson was holding out. Damon Huard was under center. Tim Krumrie was screaming at someone. But somehow, eight weeks later, the Chiefs are in first place. Now all that could change -- and change fast -- with Green Bay, Denver and the Colts lined up on the schedule. And a lot of it has to do with the AFC West. But really, it doesn't matter. Like running back Priest Holmes' incredible comeback, somehow the Chiefs have found a way to persevere. Is it pretty? Uh, no. Is it dominant? Not exactly. But does it represent something even bigger and better in sports that often gets lost or ignored? Hell yeah. This summer Bucs linebacker Cato June told me, "Some people in this world are so driven, they make physical limitations obsolete." That pretty much sums up the Chiefs under Edwards so far in 2007.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=fleming/071025&sportCat=nfl

Speak for yourself....some of us took a lot of crap for saying exactly the opposite of that! I believe Homer was the term!!

hermhater
10-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Speak for yourself....some of us took a lot of crap for saying exactly the opposite of that! I believe Homer was the term!!

It goes with the territory, guy.

People that like to call themselves TRUE Chiefs fans and then doubt, and second guess the talent on the team, are hosers!

I will be a HOMER anyday!

Chiefster
10-25-2007, 05:52 PM
:sign0153:

I would rather lower my expectations and be pleasantly surprised, then to have lofty expectations and be disappointed.

I hope this sheds light on my analogy.

Chiefster
10-25-2007, 05:55 PM

It goes with the territory, guy.

People that like to call themselves TRUE Chiefs fans and then doubt, and second guess the talent on the team, are hosers!

I will be a HOMER anyday!

Nothing wrong with being a Homer; I am among the Homer population, especially on game day. I just don't have the highest of expectations, but will fervently root for my Chiefs!

hermhater
10-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Nothing wrong with being a Homer; I am among the Homer population, especially on game day. I just don't have the highest of expectations, but will fervently root for OUR Chiefs!

FYP! :sign0098:

sling58
10-26-2007, 07:47 AM

Yea, I remember being called that for believing in my team as well.

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 08:49 AM

whats so wrong for loving your team? :beer:

Canada
10-26-2007, 08:52 AM

Not a damn thing. It was dangerous to say the Chiefs were going to do well this year before the season started!! :lol: Some people were not believers. I like to say we are perfect until I am proven wrong. I only get 16-19 Chiefs games per year and I think we will win every one of them. At the end of the season I am NEVER disappointed because I got to watch Chiefs Football!! :bananen_smilies046:

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 08:57 AM
Not a damn thing. It was dangerous to say the Chiefs were going to do well this year before the season started!! :lol: Some people were not believers. I like to say we are perfect until I am proven wrong. I only get 16-19 Chiefs games per year and I think we will win every one of them. At the end of the season I am NEVER disappointed because I got to watch Chiefs Football!! :bananen_smilies046:

did i ever tell you i love the way you think? man that deserves a nice fresh......

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/291.jpg

Canada
10-26-2007, 09:05 AM
did i ever tell you i love the way you think? man that deserves a nice fresh......

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/291.jpg

I am on my fourth already and it is just after 9am. This is gonna be a fun day!! :drunkhb:

sling58
10-26-2007, 09:10 AM

Nothing, when I die my coffin will be covered in Chiefs gear. I will be buried in Chiefs jersey, hat, and a case of beer.

Canada
10-26-2007, 09:11 AM
Nothing, when I die my coffin will be covered in Chiefs gear. I will be buried in Chiefs jersey, hat, and a case of beer.

Were are you going to get buried?? And can I borrow a shovel?? :toast2:

Canada
10-26-2007, 09:12 AM

I want to be stuffed and left in my garage with my Chiefs DVD playing over and over. :bananen_smilies046: And of course a beer or four in my hands!!

sling58
10-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Were are you going to get buried?? And can I borrow a shovel?? :toast2:

I will make sure that my Will states that you get all the remaining Chiefs gear that I have. it's the least I can do for a friend.

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 09:13 AM

:bananen_smilies046: nothing better than to be buried in chiefs gear, and a case of some beloved beer.... nothing wrong with that at all..

A CASE OF BEER FOR YOU!. your choice!

Canada
10-26-2007, 09:14 AM
I will make sure that my Will states that you get all the remaining Chiefs gear that I have. it's the least I can do for a friend.

the way I am going, everyone in "the Crowd" is gonna outlive me!!.....even Chiefster!! :wheelchair:

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 09:14 AM
I want to be stuffed and left in my garage with my Chiefs DVD playing over and over. :bananen_smilies046: And of course a beer or four in my hands!!

multi-taskin' it. love it! :beer:

chief31
10-26-2007, 01:06 PM

Oh, have no doubts about it. You are stil a pair of major homers.

:lol:

sling58
10-26-2007, 01:07 PM

Coming from you that's a compliment!

:lol: :lol:

Canada
10-29-2007, 09:33 AM

D'OH!! mmmm.....beer :bananen_smilies046:

wolfpack
10-29-2007, 10:13 AM
getting to the playoffs isnt as exciting as it use tobe. getting past the first playoff game is. making the playoffs and losing the first game means failer and low draft picks.

Chiefster
10-29-2007, 07:50 PM
FYP! :sign0098:

You're always helping out. :D

Canada
10-29-2007, 08:34 PM

We will be the drunkest Homers when the Chiefs are hoistin the Lombardi trophy!!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
10-29-2007, 09:01 PM
You're always helping out. :D

It's in my nature...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/373.jpg