PDA

View Full Version : just a thought

Chiefs4life24
02-06-2015, 06:41 PM
I wish we had 2 second round picks, cause one analyst said Benardrick McKinney might drop to the second, we could grab a WR in the first, A.J. Gann and McKinney in the second and Devin Smith and Cedric Ogbuehi in the 3rd, we could grab a CB in the fourth Alex Carter. We should have two fifth rounds so FS Kurtis Drommund or SS Anthony Jefferson personally I want Jefferson and comp 5th QB Sean Mannion, 6th round another Guard Jarvis Harrison, 2 7th rounders TE Wes Saxton and WR Antwan Goodley or Tony Lippett

Coach
02-07-2015, 12:56 AM
For me, this begs the question: would you rather have 10 draft picks where 2 might start(1st and 2nd rd picks) and the other 8 provide depth off the bench or get cut in the summer. Or trade away 5 of those picks to move up and get 3-4 legit starters.

We are going to have 11+ picks this year. Imo, the Chiefs have decent depth but could use a few more marquis(rather than special teams) players. I say we trade up, rather than trade down to get some good players. Or better yet, trade away a pick this year for an earlier round pick next year.

If we were 2-14 the last 2 years, I would say draft bodies. But after logging 20 wins in the last 2 seasons I think we need to start drafting like the big boys.

Chiefs4life24
02-07-2015, 02:43 AM
I've never been able to believe in trading up. I feel everyone should realize you can find good and great starters in the 3rd through 6th rounds. You always load you're team with everything you can get even if it means destroying another team to get said players, you bully and crush the life out of the other team by any means necessary. I think when you're on that field you should do certain thing to win like driving you're helmet in a guys chest ect. To put him down, the draft is no different. Besides we need players in all of those positions.

jap1
02-07-2015, 05:37 AM
I've never been able to believe in trading up. I feel everyone should realize you can find good and great starters in the 3rd through 6th rounds. You always load you're team with everything you can get even if it means destroying another team to get said players, you bully and crush the life out of the other team by any means necessary. I think when you're on that field you should do certain thing to win like driving you're helmet in a guys chest ect. To put him down, the draft is no different. Besides we need players in all of those positions.

Starters in the 4th round and later are rare except for maybe offensive linemen. Statistically, the average 4th round player is out of the league in 3 years and never provides anything but depth. Additionally, there are a limited number of roster spots. You can't just draft 20 players. Most of them will end up getting cut.

This is why there are a lot of us who want the chiefs to maximize the value by trading up, or trading for more picks next year , in order to spread out the picks.

Chiefs4life24
02-07-2015, 11:31 AM
I understand all tjat . I just seams like the 3rd round through 5th rounds are dorsey's money rounds that's all

jason1981
02-08-2015, 12:16 AM
I say we trade up unless you think 11 picks will make the team cuz if not thats a wasted pick. What you could do is trade up in the lower rounds. But then your more than likely trading up for backups and depth. In the upper rounds you can trade up as long they asking price is t to steep. I think we could trade back into the 1s5t round and have 2 1st round picks or trade back up into the 2nd round amd have 2nd rounders. I like the idea of getting more picks in the higher rounds cuz i think we need more starting talent.

Chiefs4life24
02-08-2015, 12:27 AM
we will find starters in the 3rd, 4th , and 5th rounds no doubt. Too bad we couldnt find a sucker to give us a 2nd for Bowe

ctchiefsfan
02-08-2015, 10:07 AM
One thing is certain...with all the picks Dorsey is going to have this year he is going to have the flexibility to do most anything he wants.

Chiefs4life24
02-08-2015, 09:13 PM
What would it take to get Amari probably in the top 5

ctchiefsfan
02-09-2015, 03:27 AM
What would it take to get Amari probably in the top 5

Dunno. But one thing is certain.....the compensatory picks can not be traded, but we have our full complement of regular picks so those are available as trade bait. I've "heard" that we're expected to get a 3rd round, 2 fifth round and a 7th round compensatory picks. I'd see nothing particularly wrong with dangling our 1st and 3rd round picks plus a later round pick if it would move us high enough in the 1st round to get a "sure thing" starter in the 1st round. Then maybe trade our 2cond round plus a 4th and 5th round to try to get a top of the heap 2cond round.

I'm no expert on the draft but I have to agree with the guys that have said that this is a draft where it might be good for Dorsey to trade up. He's going to have a LOT of compensatory picks that he can use to go gold-mining in the discount meat rack which is supposed to be his specialty. If we came out of the draft with 2 sure-thing, right out of the box high-impact starters plus 4 project-type guys I think we'd have done pretty damned good. We've got cap problems and we're CLOSE to being a serious year in, year out playoff team. If burning our regular 1st, 2cond, 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks will get us there then I think it would be worth it. But that is just my opinion. Cut or trade Bowe and get us 2 high impact starters plus a few "project guys" in the draft and I think we'll be in really good shape.

Chiefs4life24
02-09-2015, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't consider those guys discount meat project guys they would be legitamite starters. Would you guys be mad or dissapointed if they traded back or did trade any picks??

ctchiefsfan
02-09-2015, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't consider those guys discount meat project guys they would be legitamite starters. Would you guys be mad or dissapointed if they traded back or did trade any picks??

I wouldn't be upset if Dorsey traded up. I wouldn't be upset if Dorsey traded down. I wouldn't be upset if Dorsey stayed with the picks we have. I don't follow the college game closely enough to consider myself to really know anything about the draft.

I just know that this is a very important draft for us and that we, as fans, really need Dorsey to strike it rich in this draft.

CabbageHATCHkid
02-09-2015, 04:13 PM
The draft for me has always been one of the highlights of the year for me in terms of excitement for sporting events. Every year I have who I hope we draft and when we get on the clock there is a guy that I am always pulling for. But as soon as the pick is announced I always find myself saying huh, I like the pick. I like addressing that need. Call it blind optimism or what you want, but it has been that way for me every draft of every round since I was kid. I think it stems from the excitement of those kids entering their dream job and the hope that our team did something on that day that will be pivotal for the future. Its exciting and I know I'm probably going to be happy either way.

Seek
02-10-2015, 08:42 AM

I agree with loading up in draft, but not when your team is needing starters because you are loaded with back ups. Why waste draft picks on players knowing half of them won't be on the team or may slightly edge out another player only slightly increasing the depth of the team. I hate the though of trading back to get more picks to settle on the next best player available. If there is a player that the team thinks can help this team immediately and he is in reach, you make a deal and move up and take him to fill an obvious hole. Just as the Chiefs did with Brandon Albert. They saw a need at LT, they had their guy and they traded up with the Lions and took the guy they thought would slip down two more spots.